[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maud Problem in Hearthbreakers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 22

File: What the fuck.jpg (452KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck.jpg
452KB, 1280x1440px
I am a huge Maudfag and I decided to get salty over an old episode.

It's all about the pic related, these are the moments that bother me when it came to Maud's appearance in the episode.

I'd like to focus on the first picture, are we really supposed to believe Maud would rather stay with her Pie family which she literally barely interacted with? Even with this episode the most interaction she had was with Pinkie Pie. For Maud to stand along alongside with the Pie familly "throwing" Pinkie and Apple family away like a nice little sheep is something that doesn't add up. We were told Maud would move mountains for her sister Pinkie Pie. Yet here she gives up just like the rest.

Next one is perhaps even worse offender, keep in mind that Maud is in the same location and can see clearly that Pinkie is crying, this could have been a great moment to show us how good Maud can be at cheering Pinkie up or calming her down, instead Maud does not even acknowledge it in the slightest.

How could they fuck this up so badly? It is obvious how Maud should act in these two instances. Yet instead they just used her as a joke which reused the episode from "Maud Pie".

In Gift of Maud Pie we see much more of Maud and what she is capable of doing, Maud instantly heads off to get Pinkie's cannon back no matter the cost without any second thought, that is that kind of love Maud obviously displays and that episode confirms it, so why such a big fuck up here?

Top tier Mauds
> Maud Pie
> The Gift of Maud Pie

> Good Tier Maud Pies
> What About Discord

> That Maud Pie is a copy of Maud and it's actually a Medic who went through operation to look like her and the Medic doesn't even know- tier
> Hearthbreakers
> Rainbow Rock
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 600x338px
>>28405057
>Caring this much about rockpone
Stop.
>>
>>28405057
I liked that episode, but I can see your point. Then again she might be crying inside, you can never tell with Maud.
>>
Hack writers? You don't say.
>>
File: Screenshot_51.png (700KB, 1076x579px)
Screenshot_51.png
700KB, 1076x579px
>>28405101
It's better than to make a boring thread where we go "Maud thread guys" where people just post fan-art of Maud and that's it.

So no, I won't stop. I actually need to get in much deeper. Gift of Maud Pie and Maud Pie shows us how many subtle animation moments there are with Maud where she shows she has an emotion of some kind at any moment. This is a thing Hearthbreakers carried over too.

>>28405118
Yes, you can, pic related. She shows actually emotion, but it's quite hard to notice, most of it is expressed through her eyes.
>>
File: Maud Making Friends.png (2MB, 648x1966px) Image search: [Google]
Maud Making Friends.png
2MB, 648x1966px
>>28405057
You must really focus on Maud a lot, OP, because you're coming off as super autistic about a character on a little girl's tv show.
>>
>>28405158
So it being a children show excuses character moments which are strictly out of character? Should we excuse all mistakes of the show by simple "it's just a kid's show for little girls"

But the entire point behind MLP:FIM that it IS a show for girls while still being writen well having continuity between episodes and proper character development.

Maud is a pony I do care about a lot though, she is my waifu. And I WILL fight for her. As any of you should for your waifu.
>>
>>28405134
We can prevent this.
>>
But silly anon, Maud never shows emotions.
>>
>>28405174
I don't have a waifu, but I will bitch for this show.

But fighting? Not really a whole lot we can do.
>>
>>28405294
I just hope that Maud will be free from this mess in the future, she doesn't deserve this, she is a wonderful calm mare full of love, honesty, purity and kidness.
>>
>>28405057
Pinkie Pie overreacting to something is very common, and nobody's life was in danger.
>>
>>28405057
She is autistic anon, all she sees is people being louder than usual
>>
File: 1473450472156.jpg (879KB, 964x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1473450472156.jpg
879KB, 964x1320px
>>28405057
Why is Limestone such a bitch? God, I just want to hate fuck her.
>>
>>28405423
That doesn't mean Maud would take it lightly, she over-acted about the gifts and Maud made sure she wasn't sad.

>>28405436
Maud's autism doesn't mean she doesn't understand emotions at all, in Gift of Maud Pie she can tell Pinkie is bothered about not having her cannon and her gifts not being good as hers and she givers her a speech about how much it doesn't matter.
>>
I always pictured Maud as being weirdly into grunge. Nirvana, Soundgarden, you know the drill.

i don't know why that is, but there you go.
>>
>>28405586
Maud is obviously into Nine Inch Nails my boi.
>>
>>28405601
i don't like nine inch nails.. i think if i were into them when i was fourteen my opinion would probably be different though.

also there's no horse or rock pun _anywhere_ in NiN. so boooo at what you posted
>>
>>28405612
I don't like pony puns, they got old after S1 ended.

> Implying you can't imagine Maud putting this into her head at maximum volume alone to relax from the confusing world for her due to her high functioning autism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkT-aMgZvQI
>>
I want to cum inside Maud Pie.
>>
>>28405057
I can understand you being a bit bitter, especially if Maud is very dear to you.
However it's pretty straight forward and simple: the episode didn't focus on Maud, so it just didn't occur to them to make her have a large impact on the story.
>>
>>28405709
Still doesn't excuse characters being out of character. They could have kept Maud in character while still retaining focus on the Apple/Pie family conflict.
>>
>>28405057
>A character who is literally only one joke that was reverse Yeshov'd into the show is shit in later episodes.
Why are you surprised?
>>
>>28405720
More so than out of character, it felt to me like she is forgotten. It's not like she DID something out of character, more like she didn't do something despite her character demanding her to at least show some care for Pinkie.
I could forgive them, but I can see how it can be upsetting for a Maud fan (not that I don't like her).
>>
>>28405729
But she was ok in Gift of Maud Pie.

Besides, Maud has more of a potentional for character than Applejack, who's episodes were some of the worst, especially this season.

https://youtu.be/3W740QOU3q4?t=3m24s
(3.24)
This moment right there shows you that Maud is much more than "lol rocks" she is a caring sister.

>>28405732
Which is really unfortunate, since they intentionally hype up Maud coming back, she is the first sister you see.

I understand that to others I may be going too much about this background pony, but with two of her episodes which were focused on her (Gift of Maud Pie, Maud Pie) they had more of an emotional value than any other episodes, the love care and honesty Maud shows for her sister is downright admirable.
>>
>>28405744
If anything, this showed me that they do like Maud as a character.
You'd better just accept that they didn't want to focus on Maud in that episode that was already rushed with introducing a lot of new characters, making up some drama and a solution to it in a christmas-y manner.
It sucks they didn't give a little attention to Maud there, but they also didn't ruin her, and then this season had quite a lovable Maud episode to make up for it. I mean they could have done the Pie Sister Swap day with another sister, but they didn't.
>>
>>28405057
>I am a huge Maudfag
That where I stopped reading.
>>
>>28405766
I guess I'm just worried man, Maud is a character that can easily be just considered as a "joke" (since a lot of fandom doesn't notice other side to her rather than rocks) and it would be easy for the writers to just use her as that, you're right her S6 episode was lovely and shown us even more side to her, her ice skiing with such fabulousy for example shows us what kind of mare she is too.
>>
>>28405771
It's normal to be worried about your waifu anon, you clearly care about your waifu.
>>
>>28405057
Firstly, Maud's involvement in this episode is minor at best. One should expect that she won't have as many lines because the conflict focuses on Pinkie and Applejack.

Secondly, pay closer attention to the situation. Maud is a friend of the Apples too, and we saw in her introductory episode that she doesn't always know what to do about social issues. She may very well have been as torn about the situation as Pinkie was. She just couldn't work out how to help, and we've seen in the past that when Maud is caught up in her own worries she's a lot less capable of working out how to make others feel better. Yes, she looks perfectly calm and collected, but doesn't she always? Looking fine doesn't mean she is.

For a fan of Maud, you seem awfully inclined toward assuming the worst rather than giving her the benefit of the doubt.
>>
I remember the time before
we got maud

" minkie pie " still win my heart.
>>
>>28405789
The problem here is still the fact that Maud did not even say or do anything, at all, nothing to see Pinkie crying, there is no way to get over this.

Keep in mind that you are right now just making guesses of your own, and whenever you have to do that to try and justify character's actions by "giving them benefit of the doubt" it shows us the writing is flawed.

It is true Maud played a minor part in the episode. But a few seconds of dialogue or animation could have easily fixed these issues. Maud simply did not react to Pinkie crying and that is out of character. I do agree that her staying with rest of the Pie sisters is more of a complicated issue that CAN have more options, but Maud being in the same area while Pinkie cries and her not saying or doing anything about it? That is wrong.
>>
Why are Maud's emotions so much on the inside?
Is she awkard? Is she autistic? Is she insecure? Is she depressed and hides her feelings away so nobody sees?
>>
>>28405824
Pinkie knows, so it doesn't matter.
>>
Since this thread was kinda went into discussing Maud altogether, is it me or does Maud look really uncomfortable with Pinkie's friends? She is looking away all around when talking to them, when Maud is telling her rock poem to Twilight she is looking all around the place as if she knew what she was doing was some what cringey or something.

Also the picture this anon posted.
>>28405812
Maud looks uncomfortable here too, notice how her eyes are steady in the train scene with Pinkie alone and seems comfortable and speaks generally more with her.
>>
File: pie_hug_by_silvermapwolf-d9xynfm.png (461KB, 3469x2631px) Image search: [Google]
pie_hug_by_silvermapwolf-d9xynfm.png
461KB, 3469x2631px
Here you go OP, this is what happened after Hearthbreakers.

Everything's ok.
>>
>>28405812
Maud is not perfect. You apparently see this as a bad portrayal because you assume her to be so. She is as capable of freezing up due to her emotions as anyone else- more so, in fact, as she often can't tell the best way to express them. I would guess, based on how she acted in her first episode, that she didn't comfort Pinkie here because she didn't know what to say.

Now I ask, how does assuming a consistent answer indicate the writing's flaws any more than assuming an inconsistent one indicates viewer bias? The evidence is incomplete either way. My speculation is based on prior evidence in the show. What is the foundation of yours? What shows that Maud is incapable of being too distracted by her own unhappiness to know how to solve someone else's?
>>
>>28405771
I get you, but you just have to stay positive, especially since they showed love for your character since.
Imagine yourself in my shoes, I always loved Diamond Tiara since her appearance, and I also loved her redemption, and was hyped to see her in her new role - but it turns out her new role is to be 100% background exclusive pony.
I won't be bitter about it though, since it can take away the enjoyment for something you love if you stay bitter about one thing in particular, that's one thing I've learned from experience.
>>
the writers are shit
>>
>>28405869
Go back to your Gravity Falls or Steven Universe discussions, you sound like the arrogant fucks who is into that kind of crap.
>>
>>28405866
I never said that Maud was perfect. Just look at quickly Maud was to act in "Gift of Maud Pie" where she
> Goes to get Pinkie's cannon without second thoughts.
> Just as Pinkie starts talking about how her awful gift was Maud shuts her mouth and tells her it doesn't matter at all.

>>28405868
Yeah, I gess you are right. I just hold things like this to me very close, I got too attached to these ponies. You are right I should be far more grateful for Maud's treatment as so far it was good.

>>28405869
Every writer makes a mistake, literally every show in existence had a moment where a character did something that didn't fit.
>>
>>28405824
Best guess I could give? Centipede's Dilemma.

Maud is smart, and we know from her poetry that she's introspective. Most ponies express themselves unconsciously, doing it so quickly that they aren't aware it's happening. Maud is self-aware enough to be conscious of it, and cares enough to worry about getting it right. By having to think about it, she loses the "natural" expressions you'd see on the average pony and comes across as disingenuous. My guess is that she sticks to a neutral expression because it's safe, simple, and doesn't confuse anyone.

Of course, there are times she's feeling something strongly enough to not think about her expressions anymore, which is when we get moments like >>28405211. This would also explain why her voice shows a bit more emotion than her face.
>>
>>28405824
She cries herself to sleep every night.
>>
Maud is the best looking tranny.
>>
>>28405876
In Gift of the Maud Pie, the issue was entirely on Pinkie's end. The solution, from Maud's perspective, was obvious- get Pinkie the cannon back and tell her that all the stress over giving a perfect gift wasn't needed. There was no reason to be slowed down by worry at the time. In Hearthbreakers the situation was more complicated. Maud didn't know what to do.

Remember Twilight having a ton of trouble working out how to help Moondancer, but not batting an eye when Rainbow Dash was crying over Tank? It's a bit like that.
>>
>>28405601
>anthro
MAAAAUUUUD!!
>>
>>28405915
And if we want to be fair, we don't know how much does Maud love the rest of her family.
>>
>>28405134
God no shit, what the fuck,vthis isn't Game of Thrones, guys.

fucking adults were never meant to watch this. TEENS aren't supposed to watch it.

Ten years old is the cutoff for GIRLS.
>>
>>28405970
You know that writers are doing something right when people resort to using "hack writers" as an insult for a show targeted at little girls.
>>
>>28405970
I think it's safe to say that any season from 4 onward was made with adult viewers in mind. Kids too, of course, but by that point the writers knew what they were getting into.
>>
>>28405057

You are overlooking that the show is not a complete record of events. Lots of things could have happened off screen.

You are overlooking that Maud may be loyal to the rest of her family too and not want to "take sides". It's pretty clear that Applejack messed up in that episode and the Pie family had legitimate grievances.
>>
>>28405824
She could just be stoic as fuck
>>
>>28406042
That's hot
>>
I'm just glad there's at least one other Maudfag here
>>
>>28406965
There are a lot of them, don't worry. Maud's a cute and sweet hearth.
>>
File: Screenshot_53.png (109KB, 1467x419px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_53.png
109KB, 1467x419px
Just how dead inside is she?
>>
File: 1374353411353.jpg (64KB, 988x297px) Image search: [Google]
1374353411353.jpg
64KB, 988x297px
>>
>>28407664
Thank you, this pretty much destroys 80% arguments used againts OP.
>>
File: 1465249026668.png (272KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465249026668.png
272KB, 1600x1200px
>>28407622
Not dead at all. She might look dead outside but that's just because she doesn't have an expressive face, and seeing as though the character models are pretty much all the same Maud's emotions aren't as clear.

>>28405845
She just doesn't make friends as easily as others. She was uncomfortable at first but I like to think she considers them her friends now too, especially Rarity.
>>
>>28405057
>are we really supposed to believe Maud would rather stay with her Pie family which she literally barely interacted with?
>barely interacted

They're her biological family.
>>
File: 1435675414461.gif (164KB, 520x508px) Image search: [Google]
1435675414461.gif
164KB, 520x508px
>>28405952
>>28407865
We need more Pie family in general. Make them secondary characters a little like the Apples. There's so much opportunity to expand and build on what has been portrayed with these characters. I'm just worried that there isn't going to be much more to the show after S6 ends
>>
>>28405057
delayed reinforcement
>>
>>28405057
Have you ever been in a family conflict where you didn't know what side to choose? Have you ever not known how to react because you worried how someone else would perceive you?
In short: do you know how humans work or are you autistic?
>>
>>28405915
This is basically my thinking, yeah. Maud stood there because it's a complicated situation where she mightn't immediately know what to do.
>>
File: where do you think we are.png (237KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.png
237KB, 600x390px
>>28408210
I think OP is trying to say that based on how Maud and Pinkie have interacted previously it seems strange for her to not offer her reassurance. They are extremely close, but we are perhaps meant to imply that the whole family share this closeness. This would make Pinkie's attempts to break Pie tradition seem strange, putting Maud in a difficult situation where she is unsure how to act

>do you know how humans work or are you autistic?
>>
File: 1.jpg (111KB, 426x364px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
111KB, 426x364px
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.