[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

equestria girls 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 14

What do you think will happen?
>>
File: 1452570109733.jpg (61KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
1452570109733.jpg
61KB, 500x476px
>>28403062
>Sunset doesn't have wings
>Scilight does
>>
>>28403112
suck it Sunsetfags.
>>
>>28403062
Those wings look rather dangerous
>>
>>28403120
They don't even look functional. I'm pretty damned dissapointed myself; Like, its fine to give them energy wings or something like daydream shimmer, but these things don't even QUALIFY as wings, they're just tiny metal shards.
>>
>>28403062
IMO, the magic leaking into the human world will begin to corrupt or possess more people; Cinch will find out and try to get revenge by getting some sort of proof of magic's existence.

Cinch will become corrupted by the magic while doing so, and become the Human world version of chrysalis.
>>
>>28403112
Why the fuck does twilight get them anyways? Sunset is the leader of the group, not her; All twilight did was stop being a pussy and use her magic once.
>>
>>28403487
Twilight sells the best and Hasbro wants her in the front to push her dolls more. Its just a marketing scheme. Sunset isn't as popular with the intended audience as she is with the fandom. Twilight sells much more so they prolly utbher in the front so little girls will buy more of her shit.
>>
>>28403513
That's probably really it, they tested the waters with Sunset in Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games, and it didn't work out as much as they hoped it would for merchandise. Thus, back to (a) Twilight we go.

Which will probably be explained in EG as something like "Twilight and her friends are meant to be together no matter what world they're in, and share the magic of friendship" (which somehow also equates to Twilight being a Princess as well, but whatever).
>>
>>28403563
But Hasbro is just now realizing how well the Sunset Shimmer minis are selling. They are sold out in almost everywhere they are sold.
>>
>>28403062
It must've hurt like hell when those wings spawned
>>
>>28403598
My soul died a lot. Now that pic just serves as a reminder that Hasbro doesn't at all care for lore, continuity, or have any respect for the fandom. It's all just money like it's always been.
>>
>>28403580
EG4 was written and in post-production well before those started selling, though.

If things keep selling, expect her to be very prominent in EG5. Otherwise, it's going to be Twilight Time even more.
>>
>>28403623
>EG4 was written and in post-production well before those started selling, though.
Exactly. Hopefully they will allow a much heavier focus on Sunset like Ishi wanted to do in the first place back in FG. Ishi and the writers never wanted Scitwi to be a constant thing. They wanted Sunset to be the sole main character but Hasbro forced her in.
>>
>>28403618
>EQG
>lore

Mate, EQG is the most shameless cashgrab I've ever seen, who cares who gets wings or who doesn't? Let me remind you that Celestia is a principal, and Spike is a fucking dog.

Enjoy it for what it is: a funny high school spin-off
>>
>>28403580
the minis have been selling out for a long time, regardless of the character.
That's not a sunset shimmer exclusive thing.
>>
>>28403764
>EqG
>Funny
>Not formulaic

People only like it because waifus.
>>
>>28403623
>Otherwise, it's going to be Twilight Time even more.
Why the fuck is everyone acting like LOE is a twilight sparkle solo movie? The other 5 have just as much focus as her. Its not that they're making it all about twilight, its that they're NOT making it the "Sunset shimmer show" instead.

I mean, fuck, that's a GOOD thing. Most of us were pissed about the whole power batteries bullshit, so this is a good movie.
>>
>>28403764
Also, remember that EG1 was thought to be the only one so they didn't bother to set up lore or have things make sense. Then Hasbro made them make a second one and they had to improvise a bunch of shit like the portal because they never expected a second one.
Then, they wanted to try and implement some story around Sunset which he did well in RR and tried to do in FG but Hasbro forced them to make Scitwi the focus and that fucked up Sunsets story.
Ishi then tried to recover and wanted to have Scitwi return to Crystal Prep and focus the end just on Sunsets decision of her future but Hasbro, again, decided to shift focus to Scitwi and had her stay at CHS and have the end be about Scitwi.
And Hasbro now seems to have stuck their hands into LoE with these damn wings. Fuck Hasbro.
Also, Spike being a dog is an artistic expression to represent how poorly hes treated in the show.
>>
File: 1472955727260.jpg (33KB, 720x706px) Image search: [Google]
1472955727260.jpg
33KB, 720x706px
>>28403826
THEY GAVE HER UNDESERVED, ARBITRARY WINGS, A PLOTLINE AND A BOYFRIEND. ITS TWILIGHTS FUCKING MOVIE NOW!
>>
>>28403827
Hasbro is much more strict with EqG than they are FiM. MLP is a tested brand that will survive on its own, EqG is new. Writing "credits" on EqG movies are basically just a way to be nice to the "writer" of it. This goes for all of them.

"Monsterish/odd transformed high school girls" is a fad, and Hasbro wants to wring out as much cash as they can get even though MH is floundering and they now have Disney dolls.
>>
This is no longer a child's show...
>>
>>28403865
Really? What makes you say that? :^)
>>
File: large.png (775KB, 618x945px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
775KB, 618x945px
>>28403843
They gave Sunset a boyfriend too. Don't be jealous.

>>28403827
They seem to have finally figured out what they want to "Do" with the series though, seeing as how they're going with a full magical girl series now.

its like EQG 1-3 they were just winging it, but now they have a concrete idea of what their premise for the show ill be and are solidifying it with magical girl trinkets and super powers.
>>
You have to think along the lines of what tropes they haven't done yet. They haven't done high school graduation yet.
>>
>>28403843
Additionally, EVERYONE has a plotline here; the entire mane six are just as scared of their powers as twilight is, they all have to learn to accept their magic as part of them.
>>
>>28404000
Nah, they aren't gonna date. The author of the book just really loves Flash for some reason and wants to push then together. It's highly speculated that that scene plays out much differently in the movie. Plus, Sunset doesn't seem interested in a BF right now. She has a very independent personality. In all of my greens I've written, I've always made her single, even towards Anon. Shes never seemed to interested in love.
>>
>>28404004
Shut it, dipshit.
>>
>>28404028
I'll take that bet.

Flash is a big thing for hasbro, he's one of their major toys, and Timber is twilight's new boyfriend.
As such, hasbro's not going to just throw flash away: He's going to be reshuffled into dating someone else, and sunset's the obvious choice.

>>28404004
They should have been in college from the getgo, the mane six are adults as ponies.
>>
>>28404047
Okay. I'll bet you 20 chan dollars. If the scene plays the same, you win. If it doesnt, I win.
>>28404000
>Poor Flash
Yeah, the author just really likes him
>>
>>28404045
Wowzers! Bazinga! That sure showed me!
>>
File: 1473486548812.png (148KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473486548812.png
148KB, 600x500px
>>28404067
>>
>>28403062
>sunset's ugly hair style
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
>>
>>28404104
What did mom make for dinner? Did you talk to that cute boy in class yet?
>>
>>28404116
Gotta admit, the only one of the group I think really looks good is Applejack.
>>
>>28404116
At least they still kept the squiggle.
>>
>>28403062
Funny, Fluttershy's wings are uniquely colored, while Rainbow dash and twilight's wings are the same.

Why aren't they like the vectors though?
>>
>>28404275
Because promo art is always very different than actual movie animation.
>>
>>28404275
that's probably from the fashion show. No pony ears, see?
>>
>>28403812
People like it because it's good like the show is you elitist faggot
>>
>>28403062
Dazzlings reformed
screencap this
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-12-20-19-05.png (89KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-12-20-19-05.png
89KB, 540x960px
>>28404395
Kk
>>
>>28403648
Reminder that Meghan is the sole reason Sunset is how she is now.
>>
>>28403827
Hasbro didn't force the changes because they wanted SciTwi. They removed pony Twi's scenes since it would be too confusing for little girls to see two Twilights apparently. Unfortunately cutting those scenes also cut most of Sunset's development but oh well collateral damage I guess .
>>
>>28404578
But they literally had a scene with both of them in the same place
Not to mention that one has straight hair and talks about ponies and the other has a bun and glasses and doesn't know who the main cast is
That's just shitty damage control
The real reason is that they didn't have time and cut Sunset's plot entirely; if it was just about two Twilights then there's not really any reason to cut the song or the alt ending
>>
File: 1467602134304.gif (1MB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
1467602134304.gif
1MB, 500x213px
>>28403112
Shimmerfags really need to stop complaining about this as if it's news.
>>
The next film involves the Mane 7 needing to use their magic to win an extreme sports competition against a team of super humans
>>
>>28404773
Nah, most likely the next movie will be about the mane seven getting ready to graduate, and getting worried about having to move away from each other as friends.

Then they'll rekindle their friendship getting ready for graduation, go full sailor moon in order to fight People who've been turned into demons by equestrian magic, and all end up going to the same community college or get jobs in town instead, like pinkie will get a job working a minimum wage cash register at sugar cube corner.
>>
>>28404723
Are you legitimately retarded?
Can you not understand basic concepts?
Or have you just not seen EG?
Scitwi having wings is big news dumbass.
>>
>>28404116
I like her dress a lot though
>>
>>28404952
No its not. Its just you shimmerfags freaking out because someone ELSE is more special.
Other mane 5 fans have been dealing with this shit for a long time. We'd LOVE for our favorites of the other 5 to get special spotlight times to save the day too (fuck, like AJ or RD saving the day one time), but you don't see us bitching about it as much as you guys.

>also, different guy than >>28404723 , I just found your post annoying.
>>
>>28405017
I don't care much for the fact that Sunny didn't get wings. It's that Scitwi did nothing to deserve them and was given them outlet for marketing purposes.
Also, this guy >>28404723
said it wasn't news but her having wings is very new info. Therefore, it is news.

I was actually hyped for the fact that they seemed, at first, to be trying to make each character of the same importance but now Scitwi arbitrarily steals the spotlight just like the Twi from the show. I couldn't care less that my waifu, Sunny, didn't get wings because I was more excited for seeing each character be on the same level, but Scitwi has gone in and fucked that up hard. I hate her.

And I swear to god, if the after credit scene shows Starlight Glimmer, jumping off the ride.
>>
>>28405041
All this butthurt over some bratz shit that's not even canon. Fucking hell, faggots letting their waifufaggotry cloud their judgement
>>
File: 1472871087528.jpg (65KB, 606x376px) Image search: [Google]
1472871087528.jpg
65KB, 606x376px
>>28405073
Those are some intense buzzwords, mate. You sure you can handle all those?
>>
>>28404789
I think Hasbro wants six films, so they won't bother ending the series with the characters going to college.
>>
File: 3470440-son-this-is-bait.png (291KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
3470440-son-this-is-bait.png
291KB, 600x630px
>>28405139
He was being insulting, Anon.
>>
>>28405139
Six films? they're going to ride this gravy train into oblivion so long as the minis are selling.

>>28405041
Once again, I think you guys are over reacting. I'm a fan of the other fan, and even *I* don't think twilight is stealing the spotlight this time.

I was worried based on the synopsis, but from what the book seems to say, twilight really isn't that super special. She's got an arc about overcoming her fear, but ALL OF THEM have to learn to accept their powers and have an arc about learning to not fear their powers.

Plus the majority of the fight against Glory is the other 5 fighting her, not twilight, she just comes in at the end, and its not HER saving the day, its ALL of their magic going super nova, like rainbow power.

If anything, its like an inverse Twilight's kingdom, where the other 5 get a fight scene and then they join up with twilight at the end for the rainbow power Deus ex machina win.
>>
>>28405179
I haven't read the book because i don't want to spoil too much of the movie but that actually gives me a sliver of hope. Thanks Anon. But one thing that makes me feel like they are putting more focus on Scitwi is that they gave her a boyfriend. That keeps sticking out to me.
I guess I'll just have to wait for the movie to really see wtf they're doing.
>>
File: 1473729132598.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1473729132598.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>28405208
>Starlight
>EG
You better be fucking baiting cause I'm about to go full Navy Seal on you
>>
>>28403062
Robits
>>
File: money is magic.jpg (97KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
money is magic.jpg
97KB, 500x500px
>>28403112
>>28403487
>>28403843
Is it not obvious?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-11-00-04-47.png (199KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-11-00-04-47.png
199KB, 540x960px
>>28403062
This but instead of Gloriosa, it's gonna be human Sunset kidnapping pony Sunset and human Sunset trying to use and abuse pony Sunsets magic for her own, evil benefit.
>>
I wish they just moved the series into college, and honestly I find it a genius move if they did.

Like since Twilight and Sunset are both the stars of this franchise they only need those two to tag along, they could introduce a new set of characters to act as sidekicks. Maybe they can also throw in Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie as well since the little girls love them as well and just introduce new characters into the main cast.
>>
>>28405017
Fucking THIS. Thank you. I mean honestly, watching Shimmerfags botch and moan about her not being special is irritating. What do they think everyone else goes through?

And the other thing is, hence why I say it isn't news, any retard would have known Twilight would get wings, because the pony forms reflect their pony counterpart, and everyone already knows how special Twilight is. I mean fuck, Friendship Games' Twilight doll had wings too. Of course she was getting them here.

And this is just over a pair of crystal fucking wings that don't mean shit. Why can't Shimmerfags sit down and shut up like everyone else has done for entire seasons?
>>
>>28405299
>getting rid of the other 5
>only twilight and sunset are important

Kill yourself. Painfully.
>>
>>28405214
there's not starlight in equestria girls at the moment. And with any luck, given her very lukewarm reception she's gotten in the show, there never will be one either.
>>
>>28405321
>>28405322
If you try to enjoy EG as a mane 5 waifufag, you're gonna have a bad time. I'm sorry but it's the truth. That series was never meant to have a heavy focus on the mane 5 from the beginning at all. It looked great that they seemed to be equaling them out with Sunset and Scitwi but now it looks as if Scitwi has stolen the limelight.

Its like going to Canada and getting pissy that its cold. WTF did you expect? Hasbro just wants to push their perfect purple princess™ because she sells best in the intended audience and maybe even the fandom. I'm not sure on the latter.
>>
>>28405341
Yeah, the guy deleted his post. He probably just mistyped because he reposted here >>28405299
with Sunset instead of starlight
>>
>>28405204
Well, like i posted already at another anon, they gave sunset a boyfriend too, its just a used one (flash sentry).
I expect they'll develop flash-sunset more in the next movie.
>>
>>28405350
>I expect they'll develop flash-sunset more in the next movie.
From what many are saying, the books author is obsessed with Flash and that Sunny x Flash not gonna be as pushed in the movie.

And they are not actually together. Their talk together ended with Sunset running off to fallow Timber into the woods. I don't think she sees Flash like that at all.
>>
>>28405299
that's a terrible idea
>>
>>28405375
t. A person with intelligence
>>
>>28405346
Except they ALREADY are doing that; LOE is far more group focused than being super special sue focused.
They're evening it out. twilight (or sunset for that matter) doesn't get a crown or anything, they're all getting the same macguffin, and its a team effort.
>>
>>28405432
Fluttershy and Pinkie are nearly useless, everyone relies on Twilight to save the day.
>>
>>28405432
But then what about Scitwis wings? What did she do to get those? Celestia herself had to grant them to Pony Twi and she deserved them for saving Equestria multiple times. What has Scitwi done? Been anti-social, tried to invade Equestria, had some nightmares. Nothing worthy of Alicorn status like Pony Twi.
>>
>>28405440
First, those are shitty Metal wings; They look like part of a costume instead of ORGANIC wings. Like a dress.

Secondly, its not that huge of a deal, its not played up like being an alicorn is in the pony world.
When twilight gets a super form with a horn and wings like a good version of Midnight THEN we can panic.
>>
>>28405434
Bull. Fluttershy is useless, but pinkie's still blowing up vines.

And twilight pulls back vines struggling against Rarity's shield, but that's not what defeats glory: the book explicitly states that its the SEVEN of them's magic suddenly going supernove when twilight accepts her magic too; Glory isn't defeated by twilight, she's defeated by the seven's magic going super nova and stealing the gems from Glory.
>>
>Sunsetfags are literally complaing that Hasbro isn't sodomising their waifu for the sake of a shitty shitty toy.
For what purpose? It's literally culckoldry.
>>
my understanding as to why Scitwi has wings and shimmer doesn't is because the power is linked with princess twi and as princess twi has wings, the transfered power gives twilight wings: think of the old pink power ranger (Kimberley) all of her powers and such having to give it up to the new recruit (Kat); the new ranger doesn't inherit the knowledge of the previous just the power itself.

As for what the 5th movie will be about, I think it will be about human sunset in some way. Hell, we still don't k ow where pony sunset lives. Maybe pony sunset will accidentally met her human counterpart's parents somehow.
>>
>>28405346
>That series was never meant to have a heavy focus on the mane 5 from the beginning at all.
Except for when they did. They were fine in the first 3 premiers and finales, especially Best Night Ever.

But the issue here is not the Mane 5 not getting focus, the issue is Shimmerfags bitching about her losing the spotlight, when they aren't the first people to put up with this shit, and no one else complained as loudly as they are now.
>>
>>28405975
>DEEPEST LORE
>>28406640
>They were fine in the first 3 premiers and finales, especially Best Night Ever.
I'm just refering too the movies

>Shimmerfags bitching about her losing the spotlight
Im a die-hard Shimmerfag but I was excited for some equalization between all characters but now Scitwi has gone and fucked that up. I couldn't care less that Sunset doesn't have wings. I'm mad that Scitwi has them.
>>28405879
>Sunsetfags are literally complaing that Hasbro isn't sodomising their waifu for the sake of a shitty shitty toy.
>It's literally cuckoldry
Do you know what any of those words actually mean?
>>
>>28405456
>those are shitty Metal wings
They aren't metal. They are crystal, granted by the geodes in the cave
>>
>>28406667
You know you're right, that implies consent on her art. More accurate to say you get off to someone else outright raping her.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.