[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna steal the Declaration of Independence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1467158250009.png (1MB, 1486x1085px) Image search: [Google]
1467158250009.png
1MB, 1486x1085px
The direction of both the show and now EG pisses me off, so ive decided I'm going to go to college in something relevant. Apply for a job at Hasbro. Work my way up till a point where I have power over the different shows and movies and put them on a course where they are like actual series and movies that have consistency and story. Wish me luck, Anons. I have to go study.
Enjoy this lewd. Didn't really know what other pic to put here.
>>
>>28395977
Where are you? What are you going to study? And you do know there are a limited number of positions that allow that, and it'll take at least 8 years as typically these story director positions require many years of experience, right?

Good luck to you, I've been working to get a job at Hasbro too. Had a few interviews already, but they didn't go anywhere.
>>
>>28395977
You plan on going to Cal Arts or something?

Also dubs show you'll succeed.
>>
>>28395977

>stealing independence

but that quest sucked
>>
>>28395977
What you're describing should have been done by Faust in the very beginning. She and her team should have had the lore, character relationships and timeline locked down before even writing the first episode.

She was sloppy. The first season was a half-ass job and without a solid foundation the rest of the narrative is fucked.
>>
>>28396233
Remember, it's a toy commercial. I want to change that. Make it something resembling an actual show/movie series with a timeline and story.
>>
>>28396233
>What is a brand bible
A brand bible is also no good when someone throws it out the window.
>>
>>28396292
I think the story is too far fucked to be salvaged. I wouldn't want the job.

>>28396316
Rowling kept a huge compendium of information when she wrote her Harry Potter books.
Tolkien wrote down so much background information his son was able to assemble another book out of his notes.

Even if you're never going to use all those details they exert influence on the story, so you've got to have all that shit straight. I don't think anyone did that for FiM. They figured it was just another 22-minute toy commercial that would run its course and die out naturally. Nobody could have anticipated that thousands of sweaty dudes would start hyper-analyzing every detail.
>>
>>28396362
>Even if you're never going to use all those details they exert influence on the story, so you've got to have all that shit straight.
I write a lot of short stories and I do this for many of them. I love establishing backstories. It provides a good base to build stories and helps with continuity.
>>
>>28396316
>What is a brand bible
I have no idea. Please explain it. It sounds interesting
>>
>>28396383
A brand bible is literally what was just described.

>She and her team should have had the lore, character relationships and timeline locked down before even writing the first episode.
A brand bible exists as this, and serves this purpose. This is not something that public knowledge, it's for Hasbro media use only, and it is used to build off of for the story. It's groundwork.

In fact, Lauren Faust was hired to create the FiM brand bible, that's exactly what she did. That's were all the character designs came from. She created all that information, and it's currently in some book in an office. But it wouldn't surprise me if with all the new writers, it's basically forgotten about at this point. Like I said, a brand bible is only useful if it's actually used.

In fact, as of last year, someone (we don't know who, this isn't public information) was hired to create another brand bible for MLP, which could signify an upcoming relaunch in the near future.
>>
>>28396438
That would be nice. Maybe the brand bible will have continuity this time around. There are so many plot holes and continuing errors in the show and movies.
>>
>>28395977
is that pinkie pie inkling.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.