[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagination Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 5

File: ImaginQuest.png (262KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ImaginQuest.png
262KB, 500x500px
A CYOA about Foals playing pretend, and the adventures that last a lifetime.

Today is like any other day in Equestria for a young and imaginative Foal like yourself. You crawl out of your comfortable bed to the smell of Mom's cooking, briefly stopping to look at your image in the mirror. What do you look like?
Unicorn, Pegasus or Earth Pony? Colt or Filly? Colors and Mane style?
>>
>>28362525
Colt, Unicorn, light blue mane with yellow coat.
>>
>>28362525
Filly, Pegasus, Golden and white striped mane with a pinkish-red coat.
>>
>>28362525
Unicorn filly
Tan coat, purple mane.
>>
>>28362525
Unicorn colt, dark yellow coat with a silver/grey mane
>>
>>28362563
this, but with thicc
>>
>>28362525
Unicorn filly. Shiny silver and gold mane. Ivory coat. Blue eyes.
>>
>>28362525
you are a earth colt with a curly green mane and tail and a yellow coat
>>
>>28362525
Colt Unicorn Black coat White mane and tail
>>
File: FillyUnicorn.png (2KB, 300x318px) Image search: [Google]
FillyUnicorn.png
2KB, 300x318px
>>28362594
>>28362589
>>28362586
>>28362563
>>28362562
>>28362552
Votes as they were at 10 minutes, sorry.
Well, you know you're a Unicorn Filly, but your blear eyes are still a bit filled with sleep. Your colors are Tan and Purple, right?
>>
>>28362646
Looks good to me.
>>
>>28362646

Yep.
>>
>>28362646
but we are thicc
>>
>>28362661
>>28362664
You nod at the image before you.
>Lookin good, filly, lookin good.

The sleep is blasted out of your head by Mom yelling your name. What is it?
>>
>>28362734
day dreamer
>>
>>28362734

Cala Lily
>>
>>28362734
Glittershine

Our mother just calls us...GlimGlim
>>
>>28362786
I'm cool with Glittershine
>>
>>28362734
Sultry Smiles
>>
>>28362734

Shimmering Light
>>
>>28362646
Eileen, just Eileen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ORHVdTxbg
>>
>>28362841
this
>>
>>28362786
>>28362794
Your name is Glittershine, but the words echoing through the house are "GLIMGLIM, COME DOWN FOR BREAKFAST, I MADE WAFFLES!"
You scrunch as you walk into the kitchen.
"Oh, look who's awake! And just in time, the waffles are getting cold."
>"Mooooom, I told you not to call me that! And I was already awake..."
She just ruffles your mane. "I'm your mother and I can call you what I want. Now, are you gonna eat your waffles like a good girl?"
There's probably other food in the pantry, but she did go through the trouble of making them.
Of course, you're a big filly, and you do know how to make your own breakfast.
>>
>>28362861
Grab some syrup, butter, and some whipped topping for the waffles.
>>
>>28362861
Hey, free waffles are free waffles. But that doesn't mean we can't add in some extra stuff. Like fried chicken. Maybe Mom had a craving for protein while pregnant. Or we have just a griffon father. Through adoption.
>>
>>28362861
Eat those waffles.
>>
>>28362876
>>28363019
Free Waffles are free waffles after all.
You grab some syrup and butter for your toppings and dig in, while your mother smiles over her work and grabs some mail off the counter.
"You know, Grandma was asking me the other day what you wanted for your birthday... It's coming up soon isn't it?"
Is it? When is your birthday, and what do you ask Grandma to get you?
>>
>>28363164
Oh, a wizard hat and cape.
Maybe some socks too.
>>
>>28363164
A magic book. We're a unicorn, after all. We want to cast the best and most impressive magic spells.
>>
>>28363164
It's in a month or two. We're six.
>>
>>28363164
A week from today
>>
>>28363164
A pony, like an indentured servant or a golem! Ohh, but what you really want is a Hoof-box!
>>
>>28363207
Oh, and also October 10th.
>>
>>28363228
October is for plebs. July is where it's at.
>>
>>28363164
We're born towards the end of summer. How that translates to pony months I don't know.

For a birthday gift, how about a new friend?
>>
>>28363246
It doesn't have to be October. I could get behind July too. May I suggest the sixteenth or twentieth?
>>
>>28363246
can confirm; july top tier.
>>
>>28363228
It's okay, Anon. I see what you were going for.
>>
>>28363282
Both good. I would be fine with either. As long as we are a July pony.
>>
>>28363197
>>28363207
>>28363219
>>28363222
>>28363223
>>28363246
>>28363252
>"Yeah! I turn 7 on July 16th, which is like, two weeks away!"
You mother smiles. "It's two months dear, but don't worry, they'll go by faster than you think."
>"Aww, ok," You come up with a daring plan, as befits a daring pony such as yourself... "C-could I get my presents in two weeks though?"

Mom just laughs
Worth a shot...

>"Well, I know what I want. A new friend! She could be like a pony or like a golem!"
"Sweetie, you have Day Dreamer and Shimmer, right?"
>"Uh, yeah, but I need more friends, Mom. That way we can have bigger adventures!"
Mother giggles again, "Well, I'm not sure if Grandma can pick up a new friend at the store..."
>"Oh... right. Well, I guess magic stuff would be cool too. I want to get better at using my horn! Maybe I can get a magic Cutie Mark like you one day!"
Mom beams and ruffles your mane again. At this rate you might need to brush it! And that cuts into adventure time
"Speaking of adventures, Mommy has some errands to run today, and I could use your help. I have some cookies for Grandma baking right now, so I need you to take them to her once they finish, and you can tell her what you want in the flesh. Oh, and wash up before you go, your mane looks like a squirrel's nest!"
Yeah, thanks Mom...
But, a QUEST! A real Quest! You definitely need to prepare!
>>
>>28363385
Be sure to brush our mane and put on ALL of our mage stuff for the adventure.
>>
>>28363385
Go get our WIZARDING STAFF which is DEFINITELY not just a RANDOM TREE BRANCH we found.

MAGIC!
>>
>>28363385
Acquire Pocket Sand, loose bit's and Dad's travel whiskey!
>>
>>28363454
>Dad's travel whiskey
Which is totally not just apple juice.
>>
File: brushies.png (2KB, 300x348px) Image search: [Google]
brushies.png
2KB, 300x348px
>>28363402
>>28363431
>>28363454
You acquire brushies! And grab your Wizard hat, that totally isn't a small traffic cone, and your magic focus Crystal, that totally isn't a pinecone, along with several other items any other self respecting wizard would have. Some sand for your pocket and a bottle of soap! Never know when that stuff might be handy! You gotta think up spell names for those later! Maybe healing spray for the soap?

Anyway! Onward to Grandmas, if only the cookies were done yet... Looks like they still have five minutes, and Mom already left...

But just outside, you see Day Dreamer walking by. You do need allies for the upcoming Quest!
>>
>>28363517
Day dreamer the mighty! Get yon sword and joineth me on a quest most noble! Forsooth!
>>
>>28363517
Run outside and invite Day Dreamer on our epic quest to deliver cookies.
>>
>>28363533
>>28363536
You bust through the door leaving it rocking on it's hinges as you greet your friend.
Day Dreamer is a bit of a dandy colt, and he side steps your running tackle before he gets "messy"

"Glitter... wha..?"
>"Day Dreamer the mighty! Forsooth! We have a quest! Gather your swords and join me, the most bestest wizard ever!"
"Forwhat now?"
>"Er, forsooth? I dunno, it's a word I read in the old magic books once! Sounds old, so I worked it in!"
"Oh... well, ok, but I don't want to do the swords any more, I got a toy bow, so I wanna be a nimble shooty guy, like Pony Hood!"
>"Cool! We have some cookies to deliver, and all the way to Grandma's!"
Day cocks his head, "Where is that, my mom said I can't go more than a mile from home..."
>"Oh, pfft, it's just across town, a mile is like forever, it'll be fine"
"Hey, you wanna come see my bow? It's wicked cool, and it means I don't have to get dirty from getting hit with sticks."
>>
>>28363708
I totally do.
Oh, but I gotta take these cookies out of the oven first.
>>
>>28363708
How many arrows do you have? Any of them with suction cups?
>>
>>28363718
>>28363777
>"You know I do! Oh, do the arrows have suction cups? I like the sound those make!"
"Yup, got 5 of them. I spent yesterday making paper feathers for them, so they go much straighter now!"
>"Neat. Oh, right, I gotta get those cookies out of the oven before we go!"
"I can help out, don't want what happened last time with catch..."
>You scrunch. A week ago, you were playing catch, and the ball kinda was too hard for your horn's magic to handle. Luckily, your snoot isn't bruised anymore, but your ego still kinda is. "I said, I can handle it Day."
"Alright, but the offer stands."
>>
>>28363848
Fine. You are on backup. If I drop anything you catch it.
>>
>>28363949
>"Fine, you can be back up. Get the pot holders."

You head inside and open the oven, while your friend puts two thick mittens over his hooves.
The smell is intoxicating, and you're tempted to taste test one cookie right now.
But you know that would burn your mouth! So, you carefully pull out the baking tray with all the might your horn can muscle.
You stick your tounge slightly out to make sure you get it right.
Everything is feeling good.
>"See, I told you I didn't need help!"

The statement doesn't clear your lips before your horn aches and the tray begins to tilt.
"Watch it!" Day says as he pushes the tray up and onto the counter nearby.
>"Ugh...." you groan as your ego deflates further.
Your earth pony friend tries to cheer you up. "Hey, you were pretty close. No other Unicorn at school could get that far with it."
>>
>>28364007
Thanks Dreamer.
>>
>>28364007
You're damn right they couldn't. I'll have the world's best telekinesis in a year or two, just you wait. I'll be chucking mountains at people.
>>
>>28364039
>>28364075
>"Th-thanks Dreamer. You're right... I bet in a year I'll be the best telekenuh... Teleinki..."
"Telekinesis?"
>"Yeah, that! I'll be the best at it. I'll be chucking mountains!"
The colt gives a laugh and lightly slaps your back.
"I can't wait. Hey let's pack these up and head to my place, I gotta show you my bow!"

You smile and follow him, locking up your house. You are gonna be the best, you know it.

At the colts house, you two excitedly run upstairs to see the new toy.
"Look, Suction cups, just like I said! It even came with a paper target."
Dreamer has the paper taped to his door, and slings the arrow, sticking it in the 8 ring from across the room.
>"Not too bad."
"Oh, you think you could shoot better?"
He gives you a grin, and you know what it means.
>"Shoot off?"
"I'll take you on! What are the rules?"
>>
>>28364244
We take turns. First to hit the bullseye wins.
>>
>>28364312
>"First to hit the bullseye?"
"You're on. I got this."

The round of shooting goes... poorly. Dreamer's obviously practiced more with the bow, and does well, but your shots go everywhere. The bullseye remains elusive for both of you.

On the final shot you pull back and take a deep breath. You know you can do it, you have to. It the MOST IMPORTANT THING ever!

The arrow flies true, but as you do the door opens, and Dreamer's Mom begins to say something to the colt. Usually she tells him to clean his already fairly well organized room.

But this time, the arrow lands right in her mouth as she walks in, and she reacts by yelling like a dog and ducking for cover.

You sit there for a moment in shock, with the bow in your red hooves.
>>
Pausing for the night.

Hope everyone had fun! Should be back in the morning.
>>
>>28364350
Night
>>28364342
Apologize, tell her that you didn't know she'd be coming through.
>>
>>28365764
>>
>>28364506
>"Dear Luna, I'm so sorry Miss Nights..."
Your friend's mother spits out the toy arrow and shakes her head a bit.
"I'm ok... I'm ok..." she says with some embarrassment. "What were you two doing shooting at the door? I told you, Day Dreamer, its not nice to ambush ponies."
"Uh, we were just having a contest, Mom... look!"
He waves his hooves at the paper target on the door.
"Well, that is just about the worst place for that," Miss Nights says, "take that out side."

So you two trudge down, and take your shenanigans back into the outdoors. Dreamer grabs a Raincoat and puts it on, strutting around with his bow.
"Look, it's perfect! We should go show Shimmer!"
Of course Dreamer would suggest that. He was probably on his way to her house when you stopped him.
He always wanted to include Shimmering Light in whatever you two were doing, even if it didn't need more ponies.
Of course, this time you could use all the hooves you could get.
Too bad her house is the opposite direction from Grandma's.
>>
>>28366565
Ah, we're not in any massive hurry. Let's pick her up too. But we'll have to double time it to Grandma's
>>
>>28366581
This.
>>
>>28366565
Might as well pick her up too. We do need a bigger party for such an awesome quest.
>>
>>28366581
>>28366870
>>28366928
>"Alright, sure. I guess we need more ponies for such an Epic quest anyway!"
"Right! The quest, I almost forgot. I'm gonna be Pony Hood, and you can be my Merry Mares!"
>"I'm a powerful Wizard, not just your sidekick, and it's my quest!"
"Pssh, all are Equal in the Merry Mares. Especially the fair Lady Shimmer! C'mon!"

Dreamer runs down the street, past your house, to Shimmer's, with you struggling to keep up.
He eventually lets you catch up, right on the path to the front door.
"I hope her Dad is home... I don't think her Mom likes me much Glitter."
>"They're always both nice to me..."
"Prolly cause you're a filly too."
>>
>>28366962
"Alright ya chicken! You can stay outside while I go ask her if she wants to join!" Knock on door.
>>
>>28366998
Sure.
>>
>>28366998
>>28367140
>"It's probably because I'm not a chicken."
You say as you knock on Shimmer's door.
"H-hey!"
>"Don't worry, you can stay out here if you want."
The colt scrunches and takes his place beside you, though he does look nervous.

But his fears seem to be misplaced, because you see Shimmer's dad heading for the door.
He's a big jolly stallion, with a boisterous voice.
"Hey, how's it going sport?" He ruffles Dreamer's mane through his hood, though he's a bit rebuffed by the traffic cone atop your head.
"Shimmer! Your pals are here, come on down," He yells up with a grin. "So, what are you kids playing? I know you got something planned dressed up like that."
>>
>>28367281
We're on a quest to deliver a package essential to the survival of ponykind across town.
>>
>>28367290
This.
>>
here, a bump from page 10.
>>
>>28367281
Nice try, but we won't break kayfabe that easily.

"Playing? You are mistaken, sir, for we are on a quest of the utmost importance! I, Archmage Glitter, have been tasked by the princess to deliver some much needed cookie supplies to the front lines of my grandmother's house!"
>>
>>28367290
>>28369089
>"Playing?" You ask, with a faux offended tone, "You are mistaken, sir, for we are on a quest of the utmost importance!" You clear your throat. "I, Archmage Glitter, have been tasked by the princess to deliver some much needed cookie supplies to the front lines of my grandmother's house!"

Shimmer is halfway down the stairs as the listens to your spiel. "Oh! Cool, can I be a wizard too?"
>"Uh, I guess, but you can't be an archmage, that's my title!"
"Hmm, you could be a healing magic wizard." Dreamer offers.
>"Oh, yeah, like a Cleric or something"
"A what?" The pink pegasus filly seems confused. "You guys have cool stuff, what would a cleric get?"
>>
>>28369569
It's kinda like a fighting priest. You use a mace or something to hit things and also you get to use healing magic.

Also you get to shout "For Celestia!"
>>
>>28369569
It varies, but traditionally they get heavy armor, maces, healing, and the ability to magically bitchslap the undead. You also get to pick someone awesome who you pray to for your powers, like an alicorn or a draconequus or a changeling queen or an ancient dragon or whatever.
>>
File: map1.png (2KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
map1.png
2KB, 400x400px
>>28369593
>>28369685
>"You get like holy magic, usually from an Alicorn."
"Or from an other powerful thing, like a dragon or a changeling queen!" Dreamer says.
"Ew, why would I want that, I'll stick with Celestia."
"R-right... stupid idea..."
>"Well come one, let's get you geared up! Clerics wear heavy armor and usually carry a mace or shield in addition to their magic..."

Shimmer grabs a Colander Plate helmet and A metal saucer a Breastplate to complete her armor.

Your party is as follows, and have the following items

Glittershine: Archmage!
Pine Cone Missile: Standard attack, hits through Block and Ward.
Pocket Sand: Lowers accuracy, one use per encounter
Loose Bits: Distracts opponents, costs money to use.

Day Dreamer: Rogue
Suction Arrow: Standard attack, hits harder if hidden
Hide: Causes enemy attack to miss, can't be used twice in a row.
Thief: Takes an enemy item, only one item can be stolen at a time.

Shimmering Light: Cleric
Block: Causes enemy attack to hit a shield
Stick Mace: Standard attack, does extra damage to clean targets.
Soap Spray: Heals the whole party slightly

You're ready to face anything in your way, and your party is all geared up.

"So, uh, where is your grandma's house, Glitter, I've never been there."
>"Oh, let me see some crayons, I'll make us a map!"
You draw a small map of the town, at least what you know of it, and mark your house in Purple, Dreamer's in Blue, and Shimmer's in Pink.

"So, where are we gonna go?"
>>
>>28369909
Seems like we do the sensible thing and cut through the wilderness
>>
>>28369975
Agreed. Straight line.
>>
>>28369909
Take the road until the first right leading south, then cut across the forest in a straight line to our destination.

We might meet some useful NPCs on the way, then we can get some fights.
>>
File: Party.png (5KB, 920x380px) Image search: [Google]
Party.png
5KB, 920x380px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3mrlySmHdo
>>28369975
>>28370182
>"We're mighty adventurers! We should go straight there!"
Shimmer drags her hoof along the shortest path that the road takes, "Like this?"
>"No! Like this!" You belt as you fling a hoof from your location through the forest and to Grandma's

Your two companions look wide eyed at you.
"Awesome."

You three soon arrive at the wood line, and you hear Dreamer gulp.
"We, uh, you don't think we should just go around... a-at least at first?"
>"Nope! Let's go!"
Shimmer just giggles, leaving Dreamer scrunching.
The woods aren't too thick, but you have fun jumping on some stumps and fallen logs along the way.
The others soon join in, and you almost forget that Dreamer was protesting.

Until, you see a small light colored object run through the trees.
A dog, with a sloppy tounge flailing wildly.
You hear in the distance a mare's voice,
"Pookems! Pookems come here right now!"
>>
>>28370353
follow that dog.
>>
>>28370353
The dread beast pookems has escaped the witch who summoned him, and now he is liable to wreck havoc! We must SIDEQUEST and return this creature to its master!
>>
>>28370353
Pet the dog
>>
>>28370388
>>28370466
>>28370478
>"Quick, we must help recapture the DREAD BEAST, Pookems! Lest he wreak havoc upon all Equestria!"
"Er... what?"
>"Ugh, ech, c'mon, Shimmer. We need to get that dog!"
"Oh... right!"

But before you can catch him, the dog reaches you, and pounces onto Dreamer, licking his face relentlessly.
"Augh! It's got me! I'mma gonner, save yourselves!"
>>
>>28370619
Clearly we need the one with skills in animal handling to do this.

Scratch its belly.
>>
>>28370619
Pet that dog into submission
>>
>>28370619
Save your friend!
>>
>>28370685
>>28370708
>>28370715
You leap to your friend's aid, giving his belly some scritches.
>"Who's a good dread beast? You are!"

Soon all three of you have tamed the vicious licker, but the Mare comes up far too soon.
"Hey, thank you kids for stopping my dog, I was so worried. I don't know what to say."

You know that you wish you could keep playing with the puppy, but it's soon re-leashed and headed home, tounge still flopping.

"Stand still Sir Dreamer, I need to apply my healing magic!" Shimmer says, fully in character now.
"Of course, of course. Thank you for your efforts good lady Shim... blegh..." Dreamer is cut short by the spray soap going in his mouth.
You and Shimmer seem to find it more amusing than Dreamer does, but you make it out of the Forest soon after, and onto a road.
You see several small groups of other foals playing, but there's also some areas where you could get the drop on them, or avoid them entirely.
>>
>>28370850
Clearly we must hail them. Only bad guys like bandits attack random ponies unawares.
>>
>>28370850
The only way to tell friend from foe is to get them talking. No way we can tell if random bandits are bandits from so far a distance.
>>
>>28370868
>>28370949
You walk closer to assess the situation.
There are three groups you see, a group of colts rough housing and tossing some kind of balls around.
Three Fillies playing some kind of tag
And, a few foals playing in a small playground, with slides and swings.

Who do you approach?
>>
>>28371058
Let's do the tag fillies.
>>
>>28371058
The colts. Surely they'd like to join us slaying monsters and saving foals, wouldn't they? Besides, cookies.
>>
>>28371058
I vote tag.
>>
>>28371069
>>28371097
Don't we have a mission?

>>28371087
What if they're bandits?
>>
>>28371111
I'm saying the tag fillies will be more likely to play with us than the colts who will bean us in the face with footballs.
>>
>>28371069
>>28371097
You approach the three Fillies with your mighty band.
"Hey, who are you guys?" One of them calls out.
>"Oh, I'm Glittershine, Archmage, and these are Shimmer and Dreamer, and we're on a quest!"
"I'm a Ranger, and she's a healer." Says Dreamer, grinning.
>"Cleric."

"A quest?"
"We're delivering vital cookie supplies to the front lines!" Shimmer claps her hooves as she tells the others.
"Oh! Well, we're playing hide and go seek right now, but we should help."
On of the others cocks her head, "You know, I've got an artifact that might help, but my stinky brother took it. It's an orb of everlasting light!"
"You mean your flash light?"
"No, they're wizards and karrics, it's gotta be magic."
>"Cleric..."
"Right, well, if you get it from my brother, I can let you use it for your quest, and then you can give it back on your way home."
>>
>>28371396
That sounds like a great item for you, cleric Shimmer. Let's go gain it for our quest.

Thanks a lot, guys.
>>
>>28371422
"Sounds like something I could use, Glitter." Shimmer muses.
>"Yeah! We should get it. Uh, so where is your brother?"

"Oh, he's over there playing hoofball, he took it from me yesterday, so I have no idea where he put it."
>>
Pausing for the night
>>
>>28371856
Over to the hoof ball players we venture, then.
>>
sleep tight thread.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.