[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Foal's Adventure - Thread 1 Redux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 504
Thread images: 56

File: FoalsAdventureTitlecardRedux.png (806KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
FoalsAdventureTitlecardRedux.png
806KB, 1280x800px
Welcome to a Foal's Adventure, hopefully with 100% less bullshit. Please wait while I get everything in order, including previous posts.
Note - Until further notice, this is a narrative only story. The main problem with the last attempt was an overly complex combat system that led to ass chewing and drama. I'm not changing the story or the characters, just wiping the board and scrapping combat/survival mechanics until I can make a simpler replacement. I don't care if you wanna talk about what happened before, but not on this thread. We're moving forward from that. Mistakes were made.
Let's try to keep it civil, or as civil as /mlp/ can be, I guess.
>>
Is her name still Clover Patch? I liked that name.
>>
File: 1.png (600KB, 1280x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
600KB, 1280x4000px
>>28356081
>We named our pony, Clover Patch.
>We woke up in Clover's room, very late at night.
>Her parents were arguing in the other room.
>Clover approached, listening in through the door.
"Stepping to her door, the light of the room floods her vision as she opens the simple wooden construction. The voices much clearer, her ears prick up as she begins to listen.
>"I'm telling you, that little cunt isn't worth the fucking trouble. Her and her family can go fall off a cliff. It's not even my fucking foal, and you're telling me that I have to fucking deal with it?"
Clover frowns. It was her Mom's "special" somepony.
Your mother returns the shouting with a much quieter voice. By the looks of things, it wasn't the usual match they've had.
>"Look, Sweetie... I know. We can't afford to keep her. But we can't just turn her loose in the middle of nowhere. My brother in law has a lot of heat on his tail, but once it dies down-"
>"That doesn't fucking matter. What are they gonna do, interrogate her? She doesn't know shit."
Clover frowns. It's about her father again, isn't it?"
Clover's mother grows quiet at the accusation, tears forming in her eyes.
>"Pack her a fucking bag. She can leave tonight. Come hell or high water, I want her fucking GONE. The last thing I want is the Guards banging on our fucking door before raiding the place because of her. You're mine, she fucking isn't."
Clover stands in the doorway, her heart threatening to break...
>>
Search kitchen for knife or two and any leftover wheat products
>>
>>28356165
resubmitting my post from the previous thread
run away and plot revenge on the big green asshole
>>
File: 2.png (399KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
399KB, 1280x1600px
>>28356165
>Then...
Clover turns around into the dark confines of her room, closing the door quietly behind her. This time, she's more than sure that her "home" is about to fall apart.
She digs through her small stash of belongings-it was less sparse when her dad was around, but when he didn't come home, they had to "make do" with what they had. She takes an old rucksack from under her bed and begins to stuff her belongings inside.
Somehow she knew this would happen. The tears begin to form before it's all said and done. She found only a select few items worth snagging; her wooden dagger, a doll her father gave her, the candle from the nearby windowsill, just in case she needs light.
From the hallway, she can hear her mother and "father" moving about, the rest of the argument having fallen through.
>And then...
Clover scans the room for any books or items she can take from what little she owns. Unless if she wants to bring a few broken toys with her, she'll have to stick with what she found. The thumping from outside is becoming more apparent, her parents moving around without words between them.
She decides that tonight is the night. She can't live like this anymore. She knows that the only thing her mother can give her is a hushed hug and maybe a biscuit for the road, if there were anything left to eat in this house.
Deciding not to put her and her mother through the pain, she tosses open the window quietly, stepping up and tossing her mostly empty bag onto the grassy floor below. She follows through with herself, landing on her hooves with a quiet thump.
Clover is outside of the house now. She doubts she can climb in through the window on her own to get back in, and she doesn't think it'd be smart to head through the front door. Not with her Step Father on watch.
What does Clover do? By her estimations, it is probably a few hours before dawn.
>>
>>28356188
>>28356224
>>28356165
Wait, we're supposed to be saying things now?
>>
Steal everything from the guy kicking you out and leave on your own after stabbing him repeatedly and playing with his blood.
>>
>>28356237
Yes.
>>
>>28356225
What do we know about the area. Also, what is our relation to those two? Was the mare actually our mother?
>>
>>28356225
grab any weapons you can from the shed, maybe a paring knife or machete?
>>
>>28356225
Look around what's in the surrounding area?
>>
>>28356225

Hop into your car and hit the open road.
>>
>>28356225
We need more time to think about this, run westward so that way time stands still.
>>
>>28356225
go to a familiar place like the school or a her favorite place to play
>>28356237
I don't really know
I'm just making suggestions after the minimum amount of reading
>>
>>28356225

Is there anything in the yard we could take?
>>
>>28356225
find nearby forest bandit camp and steal some wheat product
>>
>>28356225
Look around, what's nearby?
>>
Strike out a new life and begin by going to school. Your life objective will be to revolutionize the field of agronomy so you can increase the yield of wheat based agricultural products.
>>
>>28356225
Start over as a simple fisherman and life will be good. That is, until Rosa shows up.
>>
File: 003.png (385KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
003.png
385KB, 1280x800px
>>28356252
>>28356256
>>28356257
>>28356258
>>28356262
>>28356273
>>28356335
>>28356339
>>28356346
Clover thinks hard about what she knows about the landscape. She knows that she's far west, close to the ocean. She thinks she lives north of a town called "Vanhoover", but she's not entirely sure.
She knows that to the East, her Uncle lives in a house beneath the floating city of Cloudsdale, as a "talking pony" or something, to the Pegasus. But she doesn't think it's safe there, either, because her real Dad's side of the family is in big trouble.
She knows he isn't coming back. She hasn't seen him since she was nothing more than a tiny foal.
Her mother, on the other hoof, mourned for a while before becoming desperate enough to seek another. That's where her step father came in.
An idea to search the area for more items strike her, and she has two options worth checking. Her mother's small garden in the front yard, and her step dad's old shed. But whatever she does, she must hurry. She doesn't know what they'll say if they catch her out of her room without permission.
>>
>>28356388

Since the sun rises in the west, go west to stall for time and think.
>>
>>28356388
Grab some food from the garden.
>>
>>28356388
That's BS, you put that ocean there exclusively so me and >>28356393 can't travel west in time
>>
>>28356388
Go for the shed.

If the garden is in the front yard we might be seen.
>>
Go for the shed. Look for anything that will help you start your career as a world class agronomist.
>>
>>28356399
This is in Equestria.
It's literally based off of the Equestrian map. But it's obviously not Modern Day Equestria.
>>
>>28356413
That map is bs. Unless equestria is flat we should be able to go straight to Griffonstone station in at least negative 2 hours
>>
>>28356427
Map is not to scale of distance.
>>
>>28356388
Shed, he deserves some punishment for bullying our mother into abandoning us.
>>
>>28356388
Shed first then garden.
>>
>>28356441

If this map isn't a scale of distance that means we can walk west unless we are on beachfront property you fucking mathematically illiterate degenerate railroading terrible excuse for a gamemaster. You've managed to fuck up the absolute easiest part of this process; the first steps. Seriously consider refining your process or just go write a fanfic.
>>
>>28356441
If the map isn't a scale of distance then we should be able to travel west at least far enough to the point where that ocean didn't exist
>>
>>28356413
I'd like to know what the scale of that map is. Like how big is Equestria and stuff
>>
>>28356388

Let's get to shed and then from there we head to town.
>>
>>28356413
It's in Equestria, yes. And that's what Clover thinks the layout of the land is.
>>28356441
It's as long as I write it to be.
>>28356454
...What? Did you just call someone else a terrible QM? Who isn't even writing for the story?... What kind of autistic fit did you have, buddy?
>>28356459
>>28356463
We can travel west. Clover isn't sure because she doesn't have an actual map. If we really want to forgo foraging in this area for more supplies, we can start walking now. I'm offering plenty of options, but apparently people want to go west, so that's probably what's going to happen.
>>
>>28356487
>It's as long as I write it to be.

I know I was just trying to point that out to those that were taking issue with the map.
>>
>>28356487
dON'T WoRRy Am got HIM
>>
Go west in an attempt to find new living space, where large quantities of agriculture, especially grain, can be grown. You will surely be rewarded for enabling the pursuit of economic autarky in Equestria and remedying all problems regarding the balance of trade.
>>
We should write a depressing letter to our mother before we leave. For the feels.
>>
it's ded
>>
>>28356388
Shed holds tools. So I think we should get that first. Then if we have a chance we go get food from the garden.
>>
>>28356487
>but apparently people want to go west, so that's probably what's going to happen.

Not me. I don't want to wander off starving with no tools. That's a quick way to a game over.
>>
>>28356388
Food from the garden.
>>
>>28356613
Wouldn't that take too long?
>>
>>28356388
Is this the last post for the night?
>>
>>28356388
Look for whatever might be useful in the shed. Serves the stepdad right anyway.
>>
>>28356388
I say we try the town as a destination. Let's meet some new people.
>>
>>28356388
There's a castle too? That sounds like an interesting place to check out.
>>
>>28356940
It's the princess's castle in the middle of the Everfree Forest.
It's marked as "Ruins" on his map. >>28356413
>>
>>28356833
Probably. Don't know the QM's time zone but I'm hitting the hay for tonight.

Goodnight, S.nowball.
>>
>>28356388
Go to uncles.
>>
>>28356986
Uncle is in trouble with the law at the moment, and probably not in any condition to care for us.
There is a mountain range and a lot of ground between us and them.
>>
>>28357003
He's just a quick stop for us to go to the build site.
>>
>>28357008
Uncle's house is under Cloudsdale, the build site is Canterlot, that map is a little girl's approximation, it doesn't accurately reflect reality.
>>
>>28356081
>scrapping the mechanics
Jesus christ you're a cuck. I'm not even using that as a catch-all term for a submissive faggot, I'm predicting you really would watch your wife get rammed by Tyrone or, god help you, fisted by Vicky.

I'm not 100% sure who Hijacker is but I'll bet my kidney he's friends with Nips so fuck him by proxy of proxy.

Nips if you're reading this, tell your shitty friends to fuck off and you'd be alright
>>
>>28357242
>Nips if you're reading this, tell your shitty friends to fuck off and you'd be alright
What? What does nips have to do with anything?
>>
>>28357416
the big bad secret club is bullying this poor QM and nips is at the head

the taco lich has returned to kill the only competitor to his genius known only as Foal Quest
>>
>>28357416
Because I mentioned him, and he'd probably be lurking? Not a difficult concept.

>>28357470
Your shitty lesbian horse quest sucks and you're a tryhard. There, two reasons why it was a mistake to consider you human.
>>
I hope that QM didn't quit. The faggots should disperse after a few threads and be replaced by people who actually wanna play the fucking CYOA instead of criticizing every fucking decision the QM does. You can't appease everyone in the thread. I vote for returning old combat system and playing the game as QM intended it to be played. I mean we didn't even pass the fucking intro without people going ballistic over a game mechanic we didn't even test out yet. I really don't understand why this guy is getting so much hate for no reason...
>>
>>28357580
>...
Don't do that you faggot, you're just making it worse for OP.

He's too far gone anyway. Now he's just a bottom, i.e. an embarrassment to humanity
>>
AJW is that you
>>
>>28357667
1. Who
2. Is that their actual acronym or are they called AJW because they like lesbians or some shit
>>
File: 2ufuczl.jpg (194KB, 816x1356px) Image search: [Google]
2ufuczl.jpg
194KB, 816x1356px
>>28357580
>I really don't understand why this guy is getting so much hate for no reason...
>so much hate

I must be in bizzaro /mlp/ because I don't see even a fraction of this excessive hate you're referencing.

Are you for fucking real, anon?

This qm has been getting sucked off more than anything. Every other post someone is decrying the acts of sekrit klub and praising the genius that never was - you know, the 'genius' that literally only a handful of people actually read and all agreed the genius was actually a crock of shit?

Most of the shit being slung is akin to pic related more than anything else.
>>
>>28357780
Why don't you search harder, faggot?
>>
>>28357807
How about you stop scking this niggers dick you sack of shit?

I don't see his implied hiji agent a task force dropping in and taking the fat shit everyone *insists* is happening, so forgive me if I'm not buying this guy's sob story wholesale. probably because I don't come from the wilds of deepibooru

How about some proof already?

I've seen that the QM couldn't think of a way to get players to make a 'moral choice' outside of a hunger bar forcing their hand, so now I want to see some proof of this alleged bullying.
>>
>>28357859
Go to the last thread where an underagefag just got caught stalking me. That's what I mean by search harder.

I said pretty much none of what you accused me of FYI so thanks for projecting
>>
>>28357878
I see nothing but autists shitslinging at each other and not the QM

I don't understand.
>>
>>28357928
Scroll up, also fuck you mang I'm the glorious Roman empire to their degenerate Germanic barbarians
>>
>>28357942
You're participating?
What the fuck is wrong with you?
You're the yelling guy, aren't you?
I hope you aren't the QM.
>>
>>28357951
Okay, who are you and how did I hurt your feelings. I can tell you're hurt because you're accusing me of yelling. Yelling is done by people with feelings. Maybe next time you'll learn to be subtle.
Fuck no I hate writing.
>>
>>28357957
I mean, can you blame me? I'm seeing two very distinct "sides" there and one of them is borderline caps locking.

Then you come in with the empires analogy, and I'm sitting here getting worried, m8
>>
>>28357970
Oh what, worried that you're gonna get your feelings hurt?

I meant what I said. You can come over and do your elaborate, autistic, emotionally-influenced assassination whenever you want. I'm gonna hook you up to a car battery no matter what, so don't feel like you can do anything to me. I'm not untouchable, you're just a fucking pussy.
>>
>>28357982
What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>28357988
Yeah, you didn't tell me I was gonna hurt myself, Anon. I believe it.

That's a lie FYI, you're not sneaky.
>>
>>28357993
Holy shit dude I just wanted to go west, I didn't sign up for this shit
>>
>>28358006
Me neither, Anon. I hurt someone's feelings and it's their fault they haven't learned to get rid of THAT particular weakness. The fact they still think they have a chance against me is cute. Yeah I went there, I'm putting a collar on ReiDuran. Dubs decides what his new name will be.
>>
>>28358031
Who the fucking shit is reiduran and what does he have to do with going west? Who the fuck are you, even?

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?
>>
>>28358054
An underage user, nothing, I'm your daddy, I'm fucking bitches. In that order.
>>
>>28358079
If this has nothing to do with the qiest, can you fucking leave?

I don't want your tumblr vendettas in the newest cyoa aroubd, please
>>
I fall asleep and this happens. I asked to keep this thread on topic. Wow, the autistic rage is powerful here; the fact that no one can drop it shows just how mature some of you are. (I'm not referring to the people who just want to play.)
At this point, I don't even want to be associated with 4chan anymore. If I continue this CYOA, it's in private, and it's definitely not on an anonymous image board who just can't ever grow the fuck up and let shit go.
>" I don't care if you wanna talk about what happened before, but not on this thread. We're moving forward from that. Mistakes were made.
Let's try to keep it civil, or as civil as /mlp/ can be, I guess."
-The title post.
I shouldn't let a few bad apples ruin the bunch, but at this point, I'm just sick of seeing it.
>>
>>28358122
Well, there's a problem.

>>28358191
It's your fault, Damien Darkside.
>>
>>28358191
I think you need to tell >>28358079 to fuck off, it seems like he's the source of this shitposting.

I'm 100 percent behind you snow, I just want to go on an adventure
>>
>>28358193
At least I'm good at creating a shit ton of controversy. I'm done. GG.
>>
>>28358199
Please don't quit. Look the first thread can be sometimes rough on first time QM's. If you ignore the trolls and only pay attention to those actually are inputting suggestions for the character then those trolls will eventually leave. I've seen this work before with other cyoas.
>>
>>28358199
Can't we just ignore the faggots for now and get on with the game...please? Go west!
>>
>>28358221
This ^^^^
Don't let trolls get you down, focus on people trying to play the game.
>>
>>28358221
What this anon said.

>>28358199
First threads are usually taken over by shitposters trying to get attention. If you ignore them and continue with the story; they usually go away. I had to deal with shitposters in my first thread for my CYOA and it's now doing well.
Go west.
>>
>>28358221
>>28358223
>>28358229
>>28358237
Thank you all... I'll post after class. We'll finally go west.
>>
>>28358250
WOO!

>>28358237
What's your quest?
>>
>>28358191
kek
>>
>>28358287
Outcasts.
>>
>>28358199
Not really. You got told your shit stinks and then some unrelated retard started sperging in your thread for a reason I still can't place. There's not much controversy.
>>
>>28358250
Oh thank goodness I got really worried you were actually stopping the quest
>>
>>28358199
Nah, it's just unforeseen circumstances that happened to occur when you started.

Getting someone indirectly triggered through mentioning sekrit club happens to be that circumstance.
>>
>>28358191
Personally, I think it's more a sign of your immaturity for causing the scene that attracted all of the shitposters. In the end all that happened was A LOT of complaining and removing a system that hadn't even been used yet. Also you fed the trolls.

>>28358250
There was a bunch of debate about the map and what our destination should be, but your overlooking that most people were talking about supplies or tools before the debate about the map. Also everything about going west was complaints on how it wasn't really an option.
>>
>>28359181
A lot of people also wanted to go west. I'll make sure to include pillaging the farm and shed, though.
>>
File: 004.png (202KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
004.png
202KB, 1280x800px
>>28356393
>>28356397
>>28356408
>>28356443
>>28356453
>>28356774
>>28356913
(Switching to SAI. It's better.)
Clover thinks about her meager supplies and frowns. What could she do with a toy, a candle, and a plushie? It's definitely not enough to go off of, even if she knew how to make things out of stuff off of the ground.
She'll need some tools for sure. A tinderbox at the very least.
Heading to her father's shed, she checks the lock with a hoof. It wasn't even latched, thankfully, so she slips inside the small room.
Digging around, she finds a box of matches, spindle of thick string for construction, and her Step Dad's toolbox. She sets it on the floor, reading "Property of Heavy Hammer" from the front. Isn't his name Iron Hammer? Maybe he stole it from the nearby lumber mill.
Digging through the box, she doesn't find too much of interest, except for a heavy hatchet at the bottom. This will definitely help! Testing the weight in her hooves, she gives it a little swing, stumbling from the sudden imbalance. Maybe not so good for fighting, but it's something.
The rest of the shed seems pretty barren, except for gardening supplies.
Heading to the front garden, she picks through her Mother's growings. With fall coming in, her Mother had already harvested most of what they needed, but she managed to find two cucumbers and a big tomato that seemed edible. It'll have to do.
The house seemed awfully quiet to her. Most of the lights were snuffed out, but she could hear her mother humming softly from the kitchen window as she she banged around with cabinets and cutlery. Odd. But she was too far gone now; no turning back.
With her flanks to the east, she made her way through the thick underbrush of the forest. Maybe one day she can come back and deal with that green jerk, but not today.
Clover begins to feel uneasy being so deep in the woods. She turns back to give one last look in the direction of home, her heart tugging her to run back and hug her Mom once more.
Now what?
>>
>>28359365
Steel our resolve, little boy, you'll come back as a MIGHTY STALLION!

Press A to go forward
>>
File: New CanvasAll Items.png (146KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
New CanvasAll Items.png
146KB, 1280x800px
>>28359365
Our inventory.
>>
>>28359447
Is one food enough for a meal or a day?
>>
>>28359365
To adventure! Push on while thinking about the loot and discoveries you will make during your travels!

Are you gonna return the old combat and survival system? It seemed good and we didn't really get to try it out. We can always turn it off later on if you want...
>>
File: Stats.png (151KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Stats.png
151KB, 1280x800px
>>28359453
Hunger isn't necessary. She'll just get hungry at times. If she doesn't eat there are no real consequences, unless if we never eat at all.
>>28359465
I'll be introducing a new combat system soon. This one is going to be much easier to understand; I've kept it all to a minimum.
Clover still has Strength, Intelligence, and Dexterity to level. Leveling them only helps with certain things, and just increase your effectiveness in that combat style. No more stupid subcategories. I'll be doing things in the background.
>>
>>28359516
>>
>>28359516
I read and understood the old system perfectly fine. I don't think it was THAT complicated, but if you think this is for the best then go ahead with it.
>>
>>28359516
Go hug mom for one last time. She might give us something

We need some tears to be shed dammit.
>>
>>28359700
No, she might try to stop us. We have to remain courageous.
>>
>>28359712
She can't stop us even if she wanted because her husband is a faggot.
>>
File: 005.png (72KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
005.png
72KB, 1280x800px
http://www.strawpoll.me/11175835
>Continue to the coast and forget our family; burn all bridges. She will worry for a while but get over it with time.

>Go home and tell your Mother that you're leaving for the family's sake. How it plays out is up to Clover.
>>
>>28359790
Go home and say farewell to mom...and tell your "dad" to go fuck himself then dodge his inevitable punch.
>>
I'd like a few more votes before drawing.
http://www.strawpoll.me/11175835/r
>>
>>28360184
>I'd like a few more votes before drawing.
Or, you know, everyone here has voted alread.
>>
>>28360184
It's kinda one sided and since it's been so long and nothing has really happened, players have probably gotten bored and wandered off.
>>
There's literally no reason to go back home; it's pretty clear our stepdad is abusive and we already stole tools and shit. If we go back we'll die.

Going to the coast actually makes sense because we can find a ship to stow away on, which is our best bet for transportation right now. The ship will hopefully take us to a major city which will be a much more workable situation than wandering Equestria on foot.
>>
>>28360387
Then let's get on with the plot!
>>
File: 005.png (274KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
005.png
274KB, 1280x800px
>>28359790
Clover arrives on the coast after treading through the forest for what felt like hours. To be fair, though, it probably was. It's now well into the morning as she rested her rump on the fine grain sand, closing her eyes as she enjoyed the sounds and smells of the nearby ocean.
It reminded her of the first time she went to the beach, with her Mom, well before she met... Him. Clover built sand castles with her, and swam around in the shallow waters. That must have been two years ago, but much closer to town.
A loud boom startled the lil' pony from her dream, two ships having taken residence on the once peaceful ocean. A large ship circled close to shore, untouched as a smaller one in the distance drifted to the safety of the shallows. How she didn't notice before, she has no clue. But it wasn't a fight that had just begun. By the looks of things, the smaller ship had lost this battle, and wouldn't float much longer.
Clover spots a black flag on the closer ship, and a surge of adrenaline runs through her. Pirates? Pirates!
Maybe they will land close by? Would it be safe to approach a group of pirates who are robbing another ship?
And in the back of her mind, she thinks "Finally! Some excitement!"
What should Clover do now?
>>
>qm and players still jerking it over the dead systems

oh my GOD you're all worse than hijacker holy fuck
>>
>>28360602
Let's find them, tell them they're really cool and ask them if we can be pirates too
>>
>>28360647

Might be a bad idea; pirates put into port much less frequently than merchants and are also more likely to rape or kill us.

For now we should hide and see what they seem like; if we decide not to join them we can emerge later and pick through their leavings.
>>
>>28360602
To adventure!
>>
>>28360602
NOPE outta there! Hide, wait and see how this turns out. Don't wanna get raped by pirates on our first day.
>>
>>28360608
Shut the hell up, your only continuing a conversation that should die. Also please sage if you respond to this post.
>>
Short break, in class. I'll post when I get home.
>>
>>28360602

Watch a little longer and see what happens.
>>
>>28360602
Adventure time!
>>
>>28360602

Hide behind some dunes and watch. What do we know about pirates?
>>
File: 006.png (267KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
006.png
267KB, 1280x800px
>>28360647
>>28360665
>>28360674
>>28360686
>>28361872
>>28362483
>>28362566
(Sorry for the wait. I have 7 college classes and an hour drive to and from campus. This also took a while to draw. Don't expect detailed scenes like this too often.)
Clover follows along the shoreline as the boats draw closer, ducking into the bushes as the Pirate ship drops anchor. She watches in anticipation, the other ship limping into the bay. The main ship begins to unload long boats, the first piloted by a single pony. From what Clover can see, it looks like a stallion. With magic, he begins to paddle for the shore as the other boat draws in, settling in the bay. More longboats appear; a total of six, each piled with crewmembers or crates.
Clover isn't sure what's going on. Usually when pirates raid, don't they just hop on the ship and toss the cargo?
She watches as crewmembers begin to dock onto the shore, her eyes wide with awe. REAL Pirates! One of them even has an eyepatch!
But the pony that catches her eye is the grey bearded one for sure. He must be the captain; he definitely looks like it, minus the hat, parrot, and maybe the pegleg.
(I'll try to draw the Pirate Captain real quick. A better view.)
>>
>>28362835
might want to get out of there.
>>
>>28362835
Keep hiding. Is there a way we could sneak away if they prove to be dangerous?
>>
>>28362835
Lets get a closer look.

>>28362920
>>28362937
Cowards, where is your sense of adventure.
>>
>>28362835
Go talk to the Captain.
>>
>>28362835

Keep hidden. We don't know anything about them. What has our mother or step-father ever said about Pirates?
>>
>>28362835
Make sure we can't be spotted but also make sure we can hear them from where we are. Otherwise continue waiting it out to see what it is they're doing exactly.
>>
>>28362835
Hide but try to see or listen in on what's going on.
>>
I'm going to sit down right here and read alongside the story.

Make it interesting, nerds!
>>
>>28362835

Stay hidden, see what they do with the other ship.
>>
File: 007.png (143KB, 1280x800px)
007.png
143KB, 1280x800px
>>28362920
>>28362937
>>28363073
>>28363091
>>28363133
>>28363145
>>28363401
(Last for the night)
Clover watches intently at the pirates gathering around, the other crew landing on the shore timely. A short, rounded stallion with a tan mane and orange coat pops out from the crew of ponies, looking exasperated.
>"Highwind, what in blue blazes were you thinking? Your stallions hit our powder kegs. You were supposed to make it CONVINCING, not deadly. We have two injured because of you."
The imposing grey Unicorn laughs, throwing his hoof around the shorter one.
>"Nonsense Coin! It's not convincing if there aren't any wounded. Besides, we're committing fraud here. It's not often I plunder a willing victim."
The pony named Coin simply tosses his head in defeat, letting his stubby mane cover his eyes.
>"Anyway... this stuff you're stealing is for the crown. Normally I wouldn't condemn it, but we've got an item that definitely shouldn't land on these newer shores. And I don't trust these new Princesses or whatever they are. All it takes is a little bit of coercion and they'll turn into tyrants, I know it. It happened with Platinum, it'll happen again."
Clover wonders just what they're talking about.
>"Oh? And what do you want me to do with it?"
>"Destroy it. We can't have a book like this around anymore."
Coin nods to a sailor, who dutifully retrieves a delicately wrapped package.
>"I've got faith in you. This thing is weird. It can't be destroyed by anything we've tried, including direct canon fire and magic. And tossing it away just makes it pop up in our goods."
Highwind looks over the hefty package, holding it in his hooves.
>"How did you come by this?"
>"That, I can not tell you. But it came from Equestria, and somepony tried their damn hardest to keep it out."
Suddenly, clover feels a pat on her shoulder. Turning around, she's face to face with one of the pirates, who's staring at her blankly.
Well then... what next?
>>
>>28363646
poke him in the nose.
>>
>>28363646
Hi.
>>
>>28363680
use your mother's secret nighty night boop fu
>>
>>28363646
"Uh... Hi?"
>>
>>28363646
Boop him on the nose.
>>
>>28363646

Say hi. Be chill. No one's doing anything wrong here, after all. Just a bunch of sailors and a lone beachgoing filly.
>>
>>28363646
Ask to join their crew with the claim that you have found the secret to eternal life; travelling west and consuming as many wheat based products as they can
>>
>>28363646
>Make a startled squeaking noise
>Wave nervously
>Say hi
>>
>>28363646

Back away from Pirate. Nerviously say hi.

Look around, if we run is there a way for us to get away?
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>28363646

Back away from the pirate.
>>
>>28363646
FREAK the HELL out
>>
File: 008.png (401KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
008.png
401KB, 1280x1600px
>>28363680
>>28363690
>>28363691
>>28363702
>>28363785
>>28363799
>>28363850
>>28364014
>>28364113
>>28365720
>>28366386
>Read the comic first.
Held by the scruff of her neck, Clover dangles in the Pirate's hooves as he comes out from around the bushes. Only now does she realize that yes, she has been successfully captured.
The pirate brings his new captive to the Captain as they finish up the conversation, the two bustling crews quieting down once they see their comrade in possession of a lil' filly. A struggling, panicking filly, who obviously wanted to see the pirates from a distance.
The pirate sets Clover on the floor.
>"Sir, I found a Small." He points to her with a hoof, stock serious. Apparently, Clover is now a Small.
Highwind looks up from his package, at the pirate, then down at Clover.
>"...Indeed you did. What, did it fall out of you on the way to the bathroom Sunny?"
>"'Fraid not. Found her ducked off in those bushes."
Highwind smiles, lowering his head to talk to the filly, his voice quiet, eyes aglow with a gentle gleam.
>"What's a little filly doing out here in the middle of nowhere? Where are your parents?"
The pony named "Sunny" keeps a hoof on her head, stopping Clover from running.
Well then... what does she say, or do?
>>
>>28367080
Literally no reason to hide anything, tell him the truth about your parents.
>>
>>28367080
point in the direction of your house and answer with "right over there. it would be bad for them to know that no one is looking for us.
>>
>>28367115
Even if they knew that someone is looking for us they could just take us away anyway. If we tell them the truth about our family maybe there's an off chance that they know moms brother, with him being a criminal and all.
>>
>>28367144
they could also be ponies that hate him. you shouldn't leave things to chance. I'm just suggesting what I think has the highest outcome of us coming through this.
>>
>>28367080
Say we were just running along the bach when you guys sailed up. We were curious what was going on. Are you REAL pirates?
>>
>>28367080
Say that we are running away from home and ask if they are real pirates?
>>
>>28367080
Ask if they'll let us go?
>>
File: large[1].png (174KB, 1280x720px)
large[1].png
174KB, 1280x720px
>>28367080

Little Ponies that over boop get sent to booping prison.
>>
File: 009.png (146KB, 1280x800px)
009.png
146KB, 1280x800px
>>28367107
>>28367115
>>28367144
>>28367165
>>28367215
>>28367270
>>28367335
Clover decides that honesty is the best policy. Telling her story, the Captain's expression shifts from caring to concern, worried about the lil' foal.
Clover then asks if they're real pirates, and if she can join their crew, which elicits an uproar of laughter from all the surrounding ponies.
>"She wants to be a Pirate! Ha!"
>"Look at her, she'll definitely scare off a seagull or two if we set her up in the crows nest!"
Captain Highwind quickly quiets the laughing crowd down as he turns back to the filly.
>"Why, I don't think the pirate life is for you, Missy. Besides..."
He waves a hoof over to his ship, and the pirate flag is quickly lowered. Instead, a new flag is raised.
>"Pirates? Why, I have no idea what you're talking about! Now... about your situation. I think we might just be able to help ya. How'd you like a ride over to Vanhoover? I've got a few connections that'll help you along. Besides, we have to unload there anyway, so it wouldn't be a problem."
What does Clover do?
>>
>>28367765
We get to ride on a boat!
>>
>>28367765
"Sure why not?"
>>
>>28367765
Ask what the connections are?

Also what does the new flag look like?
>>
>>28367765
Tell him that they are the coolest pirates EVER and agree for the ride to Vanhoover. Ask if you can help out by sweeping the deck or something so you don't feel like a freeloader.
>>
>>28367765
Accept the captain's offer and ask how long it would be to Vanhoover?
>>
>>28367765
Can we tell if his offer is sincere? We did sort of catch them doing something suspicious.
>>
This
>>28367765
Also new sidequest: Acquire a bandanna.
>>
>>28367765
>He waves a hoof over to his ship, and the pirate flag is quickly lowered. Instead, a new flag is raised.
>>"Pirates? Why, I have no idea what you're talking about!
Are you privateers then?
>>
>>28367765
What's the new flag?
>>
>>28367765
(Removing the nametag for arrrrchive reasons.)
I'm in class right now.. Gotta drive home afterwords and get food. The flag is the Equestrian flag; sorry for not mentioning it. I'll be sure to draw a picture of it in a bit, in a good shot.
Also, would you prefer full colored pictures or quicker, story progression sketches? For either one, I'll try to include as much detail as I can but keep it quick whichever we choose.
>>
>>28368192
I prefer quality over quantity. Keep doing full color and take your time.
>>
>>28368192
I think Anonpone (the only quest archive site I know of) only archives post with a picture, but I'm not sure how that site works.
Also, it looks like you just fill bucket the colors, so I assume I doesn't add more than a minute or two to the time a pic takes. Keep color.
>>
>>28368264
I don't fill bucket, actually. I pull out the legacy pen and fill it up on a backwards layer. It's all coming to me quicker the more I draw, so different sketches are becoming easier and so is coloring. What I meant is full background pictures, with more assets and the like. Similar to
>>28360602
>>
>>28368298
Keep doing backgrounds and color, they look really nice.
>>
>>28368298

Yeah I like backgrounds. Maybe when the character is in a 1 to 1 conversation there could be no or minimum background.
>>
>>28368298
Personally, I'd prefer quicker updates, but if you want to compromise you might be able to get away with using a fixed background for multiple post if we are just sitting around talking or something.
>>
>>28368192

The backgrounds and coloring are nice.
>>
boop
>>
>>28367765
ask if we can get a dagger, preferably two (or a second wooden dagger)

we could probably scare off more than just seagulls if we are armed
>>
File: 011.png (328KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
011.png
328KB, 1280x800px
>>28367816
>>28367827
>>28367835
>>28367842
>>28367900
>>28367911
(I'll do Rolls for nearly anything on request, for future reference. As long as it isn't too absurd.)
>Sense Motive Check: (Easy); rolled 8+(Int+1)(Dif +3) = 12 (Passed)
He seems to be telling the truth.
>>28367916
>>28367946
>>28368096
>>28370086
Clover nods quickly; a splendid idea! She could definitely use the help.
>"I see! Eager, are we?" Highwind smiles, motioning to the boat. "Now, run along to that long boat, the one by the shore. Oh, and for future reference... you didn't hear any of our discussion earlier, got it, lil' one? I'll be with you in a minute; just have to finish our little chat. It'll take us about a day to sail there, but we'll talk about that later."
Clover nods with a grin; finally, a turn of luck! The quicker she can get out of nowhere, the better. Maybe the city life is for her? After all, she has her whole life ahead of her.
Trotting through the sand, she hops up into the long boat, kicking her legs to get on. She finds it much more comfortable than the sand, and after a minute, Captain Highwind tosses her bag in after her.
>"Forgetting something, Miss... actually, I never got your name."
Clover!
>"Ah! Lil' Clover. Hopefully you'll bring us some luck. Even with this head start, we're gonna be short pressed for time.
Highwind hops in nimbly, almost too quickly for an old stallion like himself, and with a spark of his horn, the paddles begin to churn in the water.
Clover asks about weapons, and if she could probably get something to help defend herself. It's a scary world, after all.
>"In due time, little one. Let's get settled and on our way, first. Besides, you need to meet the crew in earnest."
The boat lands and Clover climbs aboard, looking out to the see as the other longboats begin to ship off. New goods are claimed and the crew sets to work, but Clover gives one last gaze to home before the anchor is lifted.
Her heart heavy, she waves her hoof to her distant mother.
>>
>>28370565
Welp! Time to meet the crew! Let's hope they are as nice as the captain.
>>
>>28370565
>>28370606
Yes we must greet ALL the ponies.
>>
>>28370565
And by the way, I'm off for the next three days, so I can stay up a little later and post more often. I'll take my time on drawing and try to get as much detail in as I can. I'm learning a lot of this as I go. I used around 12 layers in the last picture alone, and I'm finding new tools to be very helpful. GIMP is terrible, remember that.
The next picture is going to take a bit. I'm about to draw nine ponies for the crew.
>>
>>28370565

Feel a little homesick and think that maybe sometime you'll revisit your mom sometime when things are better.
>>
>>28370565

Have we ever been on a ship before? They're the best things ever.
>>
>>28370565
Watch the land and ocean by the railing. Think if we've done the right thing or not by running away.
>>
>>28370677
>GIMP is terrible, remember that.
You what M8?
Then again I've never used Sai and only used Gimp with a mouse and for shooping, not drawing so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>28370773
It's terrible for tablet and pen. Compare my first few drawings to my later ones. The lines are much sharper and clearer. The title card is the only thing I was happy about out of Gimp.
>>
>>28370565
Breathe in the sea air as we set out for a new life. Sea air smells good and there's something symbolic about setting sail while starting anew.
>>
File: 012.png (423KB, 1280x800px)
012.png
423KB, 1280x800px
>>28370606
>>28370621
>>28370744
>>28370758
>>28370768
As Clover breathes in the sea air, she thinks of what she's leaving behind; a life full of scraps and want. But on this day, no more. She'll take the world, and she'll take it by surprise! But even with the happy thoughts, Clover can't let her mom leave her mind. She cared for her. Loved her quite a bit.
>"Get yer asses down here for the Cap'n!" Sunny Shores yells, as Clover turns to look at the gathering crew members.
Unsure, the lil' filly joins the familiar pony by the Captain's side. Six ponies immediately turn to attention, trotting down to the ground floor.
>"ALL of your asses! Fuckin' damn it, is Shanty and Timber up in the Nest again? And where's Saber?"
Highwind facehooves, telling him to calm down.
>"You're my First Mate because you're loud, Sunny, not because you're vulgar. Don't you see we have company?"
>"Sorry sir, but Saber has been a sack of... waste since we got back from Harbor. All he does is sit around and beat his meat raw, complaining about some mare at port."
Clover recoils at that. What were they talking about? Was he beating up a rat or something? What meat?
>"Filly, Sunny."
>"Right, sorry." The earth pony rolls his eyes, turning back to the crowd.
>"Alright, from left to right: Hook, High Tide, False Flag, Sea Wind- DON'T do it, Sea... Salt Lick and finally Mr. Fishy. Or Fishnet. We just call him Fish. We're missing Shanty and Timbers, and our Quartermaster Skilled Skillet is probably doing some kind of weird food experiment. Don't trust anything she calls 'creative'. And of course, Mr. Popular today, Silver Saber is downstairs. Don't enter his room, and do NOT talk to him if you see him. In fact, come straight to me.
Highwind nods to his First Mate, who promptly begins shouting again.
>"Now... any questions before we start what I have planned? You'll like it, I promise. Because I've got a job for you once we get to Port."
>>
>>28371840
Forgot the nametag, damn it. Oh well.
>>
>>28371840
Bumping. Did everyone go to sleep? If so, last post for the night.
>>
>>28371840
how difficult will it be and is there room for mistakes?
>>
sleep tight little thread.
>>
>>28371840
Ask why you shouldn't talk to Saber, is he mean? Also ask what kind of meat he's beating.
>>
N I N E
I
N
E
>>
>>28371840
Say hi to the crew. Introduce ourself to them.
>>
>>28371840
Ask how long it will be till Vanhoover?
>>
File: 013.png (172KB, 1280x800px)
013.png
172KB, 1280x800px
>>28372043
>>28372813
>>28373746
>>28374281
Clover waves her hoof to the crew, giving a wide smile and a hello. Only High Tide and False Flag give a response, the others seem preoccupied with each other.
>"Hello! Gosh, you're adorable. I could just hug you to bits!" The mare says with a wide smile.
>"Heeey! I'm False Flag. I'm banned from the Crows Nest!" He says, as if it's a badge of honor. With a name like that, you'd wonder why.
>"This is Hook-Hook, please, give them some privacy." Tide says, nudging him.
>"Remember last time we did that? We could feel the boat shake from our quarters." Hook retorts, trying to view up into large bucket.
Highwind rolls his eyes, before scooping up the filly with a hoof and setting her on his back.
>"Alright scumbags, back to work! We need to get moving. Sea Wind, Salt Lick, stop fighting."
>"Not my fault Salt is a snooty bastard." The young stallion says, huffing through his nose.
Clover asks what he has planned for her, why she shouldn't talk to Saber, what's he doing to rats, and how long until they land in Vanhoover.
>"Today, Lil' One, you're gonna learn to take care of yourself. Saber has some kind of sickness about him; something about some mare he ran into at port. And about meat... well, let's just say that he has a call to nature that only a mare can satisfy. I need you to avoid him, especially when I'm busy, got it?"
They enter the cabin and Clover finds herself deposited on a couch. Highwind steps over to a chest and pops it open, shuffling through it.
>"Now, tell me. What sounds like you... a big warrior, a stealthy rogue, or a magical wizard? Or maybe you have something else in mind?" He says, turning to look at Clover from the box.
That's a good question... What sounds like Clover?
>>
>>28374944
>a stealthy rogue
We did sneak out of the house and pilfer the tyrant's treasures.
>>
>>28374944
Stealthy rogue all the way! We are small enough to be able to sneak everywhere and do some major backstab damage.
>>
>>28374944

Rogue
>>
>>28374944
I certainly like rogue, but it would be nice to be able to do at least a few spellsin the future. A spell that creates a sound in the distance would be pretty useful in some situations.
>>
>>28375655
I'm pretty sure we can do that even if we pick rogue. I think this just determines the starter gear we are gonna get from Highwind.
>>
File: 014.png (291KB, 1280x800px)
014.png
291KB, 1280x800px
>>28374963
>>28374981
>>28375239
>>28375655
>>28375655
>>28375683
(THIS ALSO DETERMINES A FEW STARTING STATS.)
Clover thinks it over, and asks if she can do a little of both. She'd like to be all sneaky and cool, but she thinks magic is amazing, even as an Earth Pony.
>"Ah! So you're thinking of something like a Magic Archer, or maybe a Ranger? There's certainly benefits to taking on multiple skills, but don't think you can do it all. How about this; pick between Magic Archer and Ranger. Magic Archers use a spell bow to fire enchanted arrows of all types, and can do all sorts of neat stuff using their weapon as a catalyst. A Ranger, on the other hand, doesn't rely so much on magic. Instead, they use it to assist them with nature related spells, like vine traps. Their weapons are more physical, and thus, can break and run out of ammo. Magic Archers have no need for ammo, and can even enchant their weapons. But they both have their flaws. Magic Archers are great for short term combat, because they invest all of their energy into destroying their opponent, while Rangers can last longer but at the cost of damage. Rangers have to invest more time into honing their mind AND body, while Magic Archers focus mostly on the mind, while learning to be quicker on their hooves."
Highwind thinks it over.
>"And I can you could probably try being an Assassin, but that's incredibly difficult for somepony so young. It requires the most training to be effective, and doesn't have many ranged options. Rangers prefer to stay at a medium range, while Magic Archers can specialize in either close or far combat, but middleground is kinda iffy.
Highwind is still digging around the chest, having tossed a few items to the floor already.
>"But it's up to you. How do you want to defend yourself?"
>>
>>28375759
Let's go with rogue first so we can get some points in sneak (hopefully) and then when we get good enough we can work our way up to assassin.
>>
>>28375759
Lets go the physical path. I'd rather rely on our head than brute force.

>>28375834
Assassin is a pretty extreme path.
>>
>>28375859
Just saying that rogue seems like the best choice at the moment since sneak skill would be invaluable at the start, we can always learn spells later when we start hauling in some loot.
>>
Where's the illusionnist path?
Where's the arcane trickster path?

Later I guess, so rouge is a good start
>>
>>28374963
>>28374981
>>28375239
>>28375655
>>28375683
>>28375834
>>28375859
Recommendation: We're going to have a Warrior OR Rogue and Witch/Healer join our party. Magic has a lot of uses out of combat, but requires a catalyst. Intelligence is great for persuasion. Strength is great for Intimidation. Dexterity is only used for sneaky stuff, but also aids in being a lil' liar.
Strength adds Max HP, it's the only stat that does so. Dexterity makes it easier to dodge, and adds AP every two levels. Intelligence makes it easier to deflect/parry. All three of them have no real effect in combat otherwise, except letting you use better weapons.
Magic Archer does massive damage but tires out quickly, resorting to basic attacks after they've been spent, but can also deal elemental damage. Assassin can sneak in any circumstance and always attacks first, and is a weapons expert who can deal bleed and poison damage. Ranger is physical only, but has minor healing and the ability to set up traps, and use weapons effectively. Traps are set up before combat, and sneaking can only be done by yourself. Your party joins after the first round of combat, meaning you're at high risk, but for high reward.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11189895
>>
File: 015.png (164KB, 1280x800px)
015.png
164KB, 1280x800px
>>28376013
>>
>>28376013
Lets start with rogue and work our way to something more complex.
>>
>>28376013
Assassin it is...
>>
>>28376044
This
>>
>>28376025
Since we chose rogue for sneakiness, the regular bow looks like the best starting weapon. If we switch to magic, we'd still need to know archery.
>>
>>28376013
>>28376025
Final poll, a lot of people are asking for Rogue.
http://www.strawpoll.me/11190016
>>
>>28376013
Let's start assassin and get our daggers. Once we are properly equipped, we can acquire wheat product, and then we can get a bow and engage in stealth archery.

As a filly, I seriously doubt we can fight anything head on, so wwe should rely on stealth for now.
>>
>>28376147
Can we change to similar classes later on?
>>
>>28376181
Starting class doesn't mean we're stuck to a class. It just picks what we start with, including spells, abilities, and weapons.
Though for Party Members, their class is their skill tree, and can't change past that.
Clover is allowed to major or minor in whatever she pleases, but learning a million things isn't going to help her in the long run.
Another thing I forgot to mention: Stamina (energy) is granted from every Stat, Strength adds +3. Dex adds +1, and Int adds +2.
>>
This choice is harder than picking your starter pokémon. If we keep this up Clover is gonna have a mental breakdown due to indecisiveness.
>>
Where's the tactical booper class?
>>
>>28376261
Than I think rogue would be best. We can start with our stealth focus and branch into ranger/magic archer when we get a bow, or just switch to assassin. It'll also allow us to make choices in response to our party members when we get them.
>>
Looks like it's gonna be Magic Archer from looking at the new votes, maybe it's for the best though, we get a ranged weapon and a point in dex which we can upgrade later on for more sneaky skills.
>>
melee class please
>>
File: 016.png (159KB, 1280x800px)
016.png
159KB, 1280x800px
>>28375834
>>28375859
>>28375964
>>28375986
>>28376044
>>28376061
>>28376088
>>28376109
>>28376147
>>28376164
>>28376181
>>28376262
>>28376342
>>28376352
>>28376386
At the time of writing this, Magic Archer is leading by 3 over both Assassin and Rogue, but is 200 behind Tactical Booper class. So Magic Archer it is, but I'll take all of this into account.
Clover rolls around on the couch in indecision, her head threatening to burst!
>"Hey there! Easy, easy! It's not life or death yet. Besides, if you're not happy, there's plenty you can look into when you start your life."
Clover sighs, before squeaking "Magic Archer".
>"A fine choice! Besides, Magic Archery is a lot less precise. Magic Arrows nearly never miss, and will always do the same damage, unlike normal arrows which require accuracy. The only drawback is that magic resistant creatures and barriers are hard to penetrate, which is why a dagger is your backup plan. Unlike bows, too, you have infinite ammo, as long as you have the energy to expend. Any questions? We'll be training until supper tonight, so let's get them out of the way now."
>>
>>28376724

How do we use a magic arrow? We never fired any kind of arrow before.
>>
>>28376724
How long do you think it would usually take to master?
>>
>>28376724
How did you get magic arrows?
>>
>>28376724
Thank him again for taking care of you and ask him why he's doing all this. Why is he helping you so much when he could have just left you on the beach.
>>
>>28376759
>>28376805
>>28376819
>>28376826
(Last post for a few hours.)
Highwind places a small Iron Dagger and an odd, brass colored stick thingy in front of Clover.
>"These are the tools of a Magic Archer. This here-" He points to the bent metal stick- "is a Magic Bow. It requires nothing but energy to fire. It's a heavily enchanted Focus, which is slightly different than a Catalyst. While it can't be used for most conventional magic like a wand or horn, it instead channels raw elemental power. Most spells can't be used with something like this, but because of it's nature, it doesn't take as much energy to use as normal magic. The dagger is something special; the gem in the hilt is able to absorb elemental magic, empowering the blade. With the right training, you can use your bow to set it to life."
Clover asks a few questions, like how it works, how long it takes to master, and she even thanks him for helping her so much, and wants to know why he's going through the trouble.
He starts with an explanation.
>"First, you must hold the bow, and find a target. Imagine yourself as a cup, and that you're pouring yourself into this hole in the front. Stand on your hindlegs-yes, like that. Breathe in, and let yourself fill the bow with your essence. Now, take your other hoof and draw back like there's a string, and-yes! You've got it! Just like that."
Clover draws a magic arrow, and fires at the wall!
Next-
>"Well, this boat ride and rare magical artifacts aren't free, Missy. I've got a job for you, since you're already well aware of what happened. You must have seen it, right? That package? Well, it's now your job to destroy it. Which is where my contacts come in. They're going to help you do so."
Highwind gave a wry grin.
>"And one more thing... you're my niece, if anypony asks. And my name is Silverwind. This beard isn't real, too; It's a disguise I use when pirating."
To Clover's horror, he rips it off right in front of her!
>>
File: 017.png (144KB, 1280x800px)
017.png
144KB, 1280x800px
>>28377145
This is Clover's new status. Forgot to include it.
>>
>>28377145
Ask more about the book. Is it dangerous? Why does he want to destroy it?
>>
>>28377145

Clover gasps. "U-uncle?!"
>>
>>28377145
Can I have the beard, then?
>>
>>28377145

Ask how and why?
>>
>>28377145
"You're not taking me back home are you?"
>>
>>28377145

Ask him why he's on a boat and posing as a pirate ?

Also ask about that book. What is it and why must it be destroyed?
>>
>>28377275
>>28377427
>>28377960
Wait, I was pretty certain he meant that we should just say he's our uncle in case, like he said, "somepony asks", as a cover story, not that he's actually our uncle.
>>
File: 018.png (200KB, 1280x800px)
018.png
200KB, 1280x800px
>>28377266
>>28377275
>>28377386
>>28377414
>>28377427
>>28377960
Clover gasps, shocked that it's her Uncle! Even though she never met him before, how could he recognize her? Is he going to take her home? Why is he posing as a pirate?
>"Uh... kid? I'm not your real Uncle. I meant for you to PRETEND I'm your Uncle, 'cause my getup isn't too much of a disguise, and the security is gonna be a bit tighter than normal." Silverwind then proceed to remove his treasure chest cutiemark with a wipe of a washcloth.
>"Usually I use a sticker, but since we weren't gonna get wet, paint is just as fine. Now... I don't pose as a pirate. I AM a pirate. But famous pirates tend to be hunted more than traders, so a disguise is necessary for port. The guards are always looking for Highwind, never Silverwind. Make sense? Besides, usually I wear an eye patch, too, but Coin Toss is friendly, so I went without it. But he still doesn't know my real name. And no, I'm not taking you home. You know too much. Instead, you're going to work for me and destroy this book. It can't fall into anyone's hooves, not even Royalty. In fact, Coin was trying to keep it AWAY from just that. A lot of ponies don't trust these new Princesses."
Clover sighs in relief. She got all worked up for nothing! Out of curiosity, she asks if she can try on the beard. Highwind chuckles.
>"Sure thing, lil' one." He says, sticking it to your muzzle with a grin. You ARE A PIRATE!
Clover wants to know more about the book, and Silverwind simply lifts up the package.
>"From what we know about it, it's not enchanted and it's not possessed. But the magic in here is powerful. Reading it will either blast you full of energy, or make you explode. And the thing whispers, too. Hold it in your hooves too long and it'll start whispering in some kind of weird tongue. Not only that, but it's bound to whoever willingly accepts it from the previous Owner, so tossing it out isn't going to help. Anymore questions?"
>>
>>28378735
Does this mean we'll need to be the one entrusted with it?
>>
>>28378735

Where do we take it to have it be destroyed?
>>
>>28378735
can i hold the book?
>>
>>28378735

Apoligize as we never met our uncle.
>>
>>28378735
Ask where on the ship will we be staying?
>>
>>28378735

Look the package over.
>>
File: 019.png (185KB, 1280x800px)
019.png
185KB, 1280x800px
>>28378861
>>28378905
>>28378914
>>28379381
>>28379393
>>28379431
Clover asks if there's any ritual for the book, and where to take it.
>"All I have to do is willingly give you the book. After that, it's yours. And on where to take it... well, if normal unicorn magic can't break it, then maybe one of my friends at port will help you. If only we could walk across the world and toss it into a volcano!" He laughs, being rather clever. It does remind you of an old story, about two midget ponies and a horn ring, or something. Clover thinks she heard her mom talk about it once.
Clover asks if she can hold the book.
>"Not yet Kiddo. Right now, we need to get outside and see if you have the talent to use your new weapons!"
Silverwind picks up the filly by the scruff of her neck-a habit that she hopes doesn't become common-and sets her on his back, trotting to the door.
Clover wants to know where she'll be staying.
>"I'm a bit iffy on that. I don't want you to huddle up with the crew, but I'm not too keen on letting you sleep in my room. I uh... may have a sleep walking issue. It started the last time we visited Vanhoover, actually... in fact, something weird may be happening there. I'll have to think on it. Besides, Vee will know best."
They reach the fresh sea air, and Clover apologizes for being calling him "Uncle".
>"Hey now, you're gonna have to start calling me that soon. Now hop off, and get in position. I'm gonna be your sparring partner."
Clover gulps. Sparring?... Hopping off the big Unicorn, she steps across the way, turning to face her mentor.
How much combat should we have in this quest? Key fights with a few story fights, or that with the additional random encounters while exploring vast areas? Would you like a detailed tutorial picture before we begin? Would you prefer lots of technical data or minimal?
>>
>>28379528
well it's up to you. I wouldn't mind wandering around and leveling up though that breaks story immersion for some.
if you want your story to be a "ride" then i would suggest sticking to key fights.
>>
>>28379528
>How much combat should we have in this quest? Key fights with a few story fights, or that with the additional random encounters while exploring vast areas? Would you like a detailed tutorial picture before we begin? Would you prefer lots of technical data or minimal?

Both. Key fights but some random encounters in the mix as well. It might help keep things fresh. As long as it feels natural to the story and the location we are at.

A tutorial picture might be nice.

I'm not sure on tech info. Just depends on what it is and how it looks.
>>
>>28379578
>>28379591
Key fights are required. Story fights are "you're in a dangerous area and someone is out to stop you." It adds to the feeling of the story. And random encounters are "walking down the road and suddenly timberwolves". Basically, fights for the sake of fights.
Technical information is the rolls/useless data that you typical don't see in most games.
Would you prefer just text to describe your status, or a little hud that gave you your current status, or both?
Just want to do well.
>>
>>28379629
Let's try the hub and see how it looks if it doesn't look good then we'll switch to text.

I'm okay with random encounters. As long as they aren't too often. No FF7 type please.
>>
>>28379629
>Technical information is the rolls/useless data that you typical don't see in most games.

Half and Half.

For combat and skill specific stuff then sure. Otherwise maybe keep it hidden?
>>
Really liking the characters here. I like where this story is going~
>>
File: 020.png (223KB, 1280x800px)
020.png
223KB, 1280x800px
I think a tutorial image is unnecessary.
Silverwind challenges Clover to a duel!

Clover stands on her hindlegs, holding the Magic Bow in her hoof, ready to act.

She is in perfect health, and well rested. (9/9) (14/14)

Clover knows no spells or abilities

>"Alright, now. A Magic Bow will always hit just as hard, but takes Energy to fire. If you don't have enough Energy to fire your bow, you'll have to resort to your dagger. Don't worry too much about being well spaced right now; I'm a Mage, so I wont be charging at you or anything, and I don't think I'm in the mood for outright blowing you to bits... so I'll let you test your weapons on me." Silverwind smiles, dipping his head forward in a combat stance.

>Tutorial: There are lots of actions you can do in battle. Clover has two weapons, so you can either attack with your bow, or with your dagger. The bow costs 1 Energy to fire, unlike the dagger which is free to use. Basic attacks consume 1 AP an attack.

>Tutorial: For this battle, Silverwind has 36 HP. He will call off the fight if it becomes too intense for him.

>Tutorial: Magic Arrows are essentially Magic Missiles. You can aim around corners and other obstructions and always hit.

Clover has 2 Action Points remaining for this round.

>"If you can hit me, I'll teach you a spell you can do with that bow." Silverwind offers, his horn sparkling. "If."
>>
>>28380479
(Is talking a action point?)

"You won't be hurt if I hit you right?"

Aim between his eyes and fire.
>>
>>28380479
A bow shot and a dagger attack. So we'll see what kind of damage we do.
>>
>>28380479
explosive rivet followed by cutting wind
>>
>>28380479
Gonna have to call it early tonight. We'll continue combat tomorrow. My tablet decided to stop responding, and now I have to restart my PC to get it working again. I'm a bit worn out anyway. We made lots of progress today.
Night everyone.
>>
>>28380037

DITAnon pls run your quest
>>
>>28380479
Distraction shot over his head to trick him then quickly shoot him square in the chest
>>
>>28380479
Shoot him in the knee.
>>
>>28382329
Ra ra ree, shoot him in the knee.
Ra ra reg, shoot him in the leg.
Ra ra rass, shoot him in the other knee.
>>
>>28380479
I would say aim for one shoulder with the intent of forcing a dodge then try to take a shot where he would be dodging to.
>>
File: 022.png (178KB, 1280x800px)
022.png
178KB, 1280x800px
>>28380517
(No)
>>28380518
>>28380567
>>28381211
>>28382329
>>28382950
>>28384018
Clover asks if she'll hurt him.
>"I can take a few hits from an inexperienced Magic Bow user, I think."

Clover fires her Magic Bow above his shoulder, but a magic shield deflects the attack! It goes sailing off in an arc, into the sky!

Using it as a distraction, Clover fires again, aiming squarely for his chest! Silverwind nimbly deflects that attack too, the missile sailing off into the ocean, vanishing beneath the waves.

>"C'mon, I'm a Unicorn, did-"

The first Magic Arrow curves around, striking Silverwind in the side! Direct hit! (6 Damage!)

>"Ack! Mother... fff... alright, I didn't think you'd keep your focus on me that long. If you didn't already guess, your arrows home in on targets. Even if I deflect the arrow, unless if it collides with something, it will keep tracking me until it collides with something, or dissipates."

Silverwind's horn glows, and with a spark of white magic, bruises and cuts fade.

>"Alright, you hit me fair and square. I'll teach you two spells for picking this up so fast. The first is a deflection spell, similar to what I used. Hone your energy into your bow, the entire object, not just the hole in the middle, and when my magic is about to collide, release it in a blast. Deflecting only works with weak, faster attacks, so deflecting a giant hammer isn't gonna work. It can block multiple light attacks, too.

Clover learned "Deflect!" (1 SP)

It's Silverwind's turn!
>>
File: 023.png (235KB, 1280x800px)
023.png
235KB, 1280x800px
>>28384551
Silverwind taunts!
He blows a raspberry at Clover. She giggles a little.
It's super effective! Clover is mildly amused.

Silverwind begins to charge a barrage attack!

It's Clover's turn!

By the looks of things, Silverwind will release a barrage of smaller attacks on his first move, next turn. Clover should queue Deflect at the end of her turn to deflect it, which will cost her 1 AP to do so.

What does Clover do?
>>
>>28384643
Get ready for his attacks with Deflect.
>>
>>28384913
We still have an action left.

DAGGER STAAAAAAAAAAB~
>>
>>28384643
Fire a arrow and then deflect.
>>
>>28384643
Dagger than deflect. Didn't he promise a second spell?
>>
>>28384643
Ask Silverwind how long he's been a pirate.
>>
File: 024.png (272KB, 1280x800px)
024.png
272KB, 1280x800px
>>28384913
>>28384966
>>28385607
>>28385692
>>28385711

Clover charges forward with her dagger, attacking with lightning read: mediocre speed! As her blade is about to connect, Silverwind's magic forms a protective barrier.

>"As much as I enjoy bleeding out, I think I'll stay right here, thank you, Missy."

Silverwind is still charging his spell!

Out of curiosity, Clover asks how long Silverwind has been a pirate.

>"Oh, around several years, give or take. I used to be a traveling healer, specializing in White magics, but with the war to the south and all... I really didn't want to be conscripted. I fight my own battles, thank you!"

Clover attempts the new spell, using her mind and focus together to try and draw out a barrier. Unsure if she's doing it right, she asks if there's supposed to be anything special about it.

>"I'm surprised you haven't noticed yet, Lil' One, but you're pretty much doing it right now."

In front of Clover is a small, lime green barrier, paper thin. She's been looking through it since she started concentrating, and didn't even notice.

>"Nuh uh! Keep pouring yourself into your shield. If it wavers, you'll be hit instead."

It's Silverwind's turn!
>>
>>28386217
Brace for impact!
>>
>>28386217
Use the barrier to defend yourself and maybe push him back with it.
>>
>>28386217
>but with the war to the south and all..

Ask about the war.
>>
>>28386217
Use barrier to defend yourself. Say that being a traveling healer to a sea pirate is quite a change.
>>
File: 025.png (258KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
025.png
258KB, 1280x800px
>>28386361
>>28386399
>>28386404

Silverwind casts a Dart Barrage!

Four darts fly towards Clover at a dashing pace!

Prepared, Clover uses Deflect, but braces her body out of reaction to the attack. The split second lapse of concentration makes the barrier shatter after the second dart!

Clover grunts, the other two darts slamming with soft thuds against her chest. Received 2 Damage!

>"Owch! That's gotta hurt... I bet you tensed up, huh?" Silverwind says, stepping forward. "Luckily, the damage is minimal. Remember, using a spell isn't like using your body; you have to pretend that the focus is your body, and devote your energy into doing your whim. It's a little easier for Unicorns, because it's kinda instinctual. But there are amazing Earth Pony wizards and witches alike. All of us has magic in our hearts."
He steps back, clearing his throat.
>"Now... the next spell I'm going to teach you is Elemental Bolt. There's lots of benefits to it. You can shoot magical fire to light torches or burn enemies, or freezing ice to put it out. Elemental magic is based off of emotion, not raw energy, and can be easily used just like you use your bow. Let your emotion well up within you, and pour it into your Focus, before releasing it in a burst. It's a lot more draining than just giving it your energy. A lot of Magic Users typically cast fire spells, because in combat, they get angry at their opponent and let it turn into a deadly force. Find whatever emotion is easiest for you to tap into, and let the arrow loose at me."

Clover Learned Elemental Bolt! (3 SP). Deals Elemental Damage, and causes status effects related to the element. Simply determine what element to strike with, and let it loose!

It's Clover's turn.

Clover asks about the war to the south.

>"It's political conquest, really. The old monarchies fighting each other for power. It makes crossing continents of hoof dangerous, because there's a lot of renegades in the area. Deserters becoming bandits, too.
>>
>>28386733
Can we effect the environment? Like make a icy patch under our opponent?
>>
>>28386794
Yep. In fact, you aren't just limited to attacking. If you want to do something else, just vote for it. You could sneak in a boop to an enemy if you wanted to, but I think after the third boop, the pony you're fighting will get sick of it and counter boop.
>>
>>28386733
Than icy floor for our only attack.
>>
>>28386733
Think about leaving your mom and the possibility of never seeing her again, fire a bolt at him and see what element that is.
>>
>>28386733

Think about ice and cover the floor around him with it.
>>
>>28386733

"So they tried to recruit then? How did you get this ship?"
>>
>>28386733
>>28386217
>>28384643
>>28384551
>>28380479

Let's give this some battle music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUfchqbyvg
>>
>>28387056
That actually gives me a great idea to start drawing combat like we're in a Paper Mario battle.
http://www.strawpoll.me/11198290
>>
>>28387117
If you mean like a Paper Mario UI then yes. If you mean to make the whole thing look like Paper Mario eh... no.
>>
>>28387159
Kinda give it a stage like appearance, so I can make combat scenes faster without having to clip/crop pictures and make new backgrounds. It'll also make it easy for me to make general sprites, so I wont have to make a lot of new poses for everything. I can make it look like the combat is taking place in front of an audience, too, if everyone would prefer that. I don't really like how it's set up now. I think it'd look way cooler on a Paper Mario type stage.
Maybe I can find some kind of music creation software and spend some time making a custom battle song? (Just speculating).
Normal posts will stay normal.
>>
>>28387117
>>28387222
http://www.strawpoll.me/11198453
Final poll.
>>
>>28387347
Gonna trust your judgement on paper cutout battles.
>>
>>28387347
How about just finishing this battle as is and than do the new way for future battles?
>>
>>28387410
I think this is a fair compromise.
>>
>>28387410
Yeah, seems good.
>>
>>28387410
>>28387426
>>28387433
Well, I'll have to finish it in a few hours. But afterwords, we'll be taking a 2 day break. Have to drive over to my brother's house right now.
What's your general opinion on reusing old pictures? I don't want to be too lazy, but I also don't want to spend three days to get through one combat without progressing the story. I have an amazing character I want to introduce when we reach port, along with our first Party Member.
>>
>>28387482
I really don't mind if you reuse art in combat sections since there's minimal story there. Plus it speeds up the updates so that's always good. I would rather you run again tomorrow and take a break from monday and on since me and most people might be busy on weekdays, but it's up to you. Also please no story spoilers...
>>
>>28387482
for regular fights sure. But for more story critical or special fights the art should be 90-100% original.
>>
>>28389494
Well, any enemy we fight will have original art each time. They'll have their own attacks and such. But our characters will have pre-drawn stances for certain moves. Boss fights wont occur on stages, neither will certain fights (for example, we're on a rickety platform or something).
The whole stage setting will be in our character's head. As long as she is innocent, she'll see combats as fun and engaging. But the more of the bad side of life she experiences, the less she'll see see fighting as fun, and more like survival.
She's young, and just starting her adventure after all.
Any suggestions? I wont have cardboard cutouts or anything. I just find the whole "fighting on a stage" idea appealing.
>>
>>28389668
No I think that's a great idea. I think the concept of it appearing fun and kid friendly at first is unique.
>>
File: 026.png (342KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
026.png
342KB, 1280x800px
>>28386794
>>28386830
>>28386869
>>28386882
>>28386891
Focusing for a moment, Clover brings out her feelings of calm, letting her mind flow into her Focus! Clover fires an Ice Bolt at the ground beneath Silverwind's hooves!

The Ice Bolt connects! The hooves beneath Silverwind are frozen. He can't dodge effectively!

Dealt 1 Damage to Silverwind.

>"Oh! Thinking smart, are we? Ice is often considered an intellectual spell. Very constructive!"

Clover wonders for a moment, focusing her mind into her Focus again. Her mother comes to her mind, and immediately sorrow fills her heart. She pours the thought into her focus, and a black and white arrow forms. Silverwind's expression turns to a frown, and he interrupts Clover's attack with a counter!

Clover is captured in a barrier of protective magic! She drops her bow out of reflex.

>"Woah there little one... don't use that type of magic, ever. That's called soul magic. That's very powerful stuff you're dealing with. Pouring emotion into your catalyst is one thing, because that feeling will come back with time. But memories do NOT come back. Whatever you were thinking, do NOT let that loose. That drives wizards and mages mad alike. Okay? Things like that cost nothing to fire, but reduces your magic permanently."

The magic fades and Clover nods, accepting that bit of advice. She asks if they tried to recruit him, and how he got the ship.

>"Ah! Y'see, they tried to recruit me once. Once. But a few illusion spells and my brilliant acting ability led them to believe I'm much older than I look. They thought I was damn near sixty. I'm hardly a day over 30! That's where the beard came in. The ship... well, that's a secret." He winks, smiling.

>"We'll train more today. You need to rest up after a bout like this, I bet!"

The combat ends. Clover is victorious! What will she do next?
>>
>>28390302
Congrats you're cyoa is now listed on Anonpone!

https://www.anonpone.com/
>>
>>28390302

What time is it? I don't think we've even had breakfast yet.
>>
>>28390302
we should ask for food and eat something.
>>
>>28390329
Thanks! I'd like it if you removed the first thread entirely. And also it's missing a post or two, because I may have lost my tag at points.
>>
>>28390353
Um sorry. I can't really do that as Anonpone is not my site. You would have to talk to Amm about that. He usually hangs out in the secret club. Though he is occasionally on the general thread.
>>
>>28390353
>>28390389

Never mind. I found a contact link. Where you can send a message directly.

https://www.anonpone.com/contact
>>
>>28390302

Ask what things are there to do in order to rest or pass the time on a ship like this? It's not like we could play in our yard anymore...
>>
>>28380691
Don't even know who Ditanon is. That tilde might give away who I am though.
>>
have a good night little foal.
>>
>>28390302
We tried to be creative with magic, and accidentally found something really dangerous to use; fortunate for us that Silverwind figured out what we did and caught us in time.

We're likely to try other creative things in the future.

Ask him to help us understand any other things we shouldn't try with magic.

If he's skeptical, swear to him on with every fiber of our being that we'll heed his warnings, and we're not trying to seek out trouble. But we accidentally tried something really dangerous once, and we want to know all the boundaries so we don't cross any others by accident. Hopefully he can accept that.
>>
File: file.png (38KB, 493x254px)
file.png
38KB, 493x254px
A Foal's Adventure has been added to the archive:
https://www.anonpone.com/afa/

>>28390353
I went through and added a couple posts where you forgot to name yourself. In the future you can report any posts like that via the report form. All I need are the post numbers and they'll be added in fairly quickly. I respond to the contact form as well, but it's a fair bit less prompt.

As far as the first thread goes, it contains the character creation and all of the commands to the first few posts. I understand it left a bad taste in your mouth but they were part of the quest. If you have issue with the first post and its linkdump specifically I can remove that instead. Up to you what you want there, just want you to be aware that there's more options than complete removal.
>>
File: 027.png (200KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
027.png
200KB, 1280x800px
>>28391307
Remove the link dump, please. That'd be great.
Everyone thought I was asleep, huh? Just at my brother's house. He needed company since his wife left for the weekend.
>>28390336
>>28390338
>>28390444
>>28391221
Silverwind hefts the lil' filly onto his back with a smile, the tiny pon herself burying her snout into his mane appreciatively as she closes her eyes.
>"I bet you're all tuckered out and hungry, huh?" Silverwind asks, and Clover simply nods, too lazy to effectively pull her muzzle out of the bunch of soft, fluffy mane.
Clover asks what else she can do until tomorrow; pass the time, anything.
>"Well, besides training you to use what you've learned today, we can probably explore the ship and look over the hold. If you want, we can even find one of the crew for you to talk to, or you can even explore on your own if you think it'd be fun.
Clover frowns in her new mane pillow, sighing. She gives a little apology for being so destructive with her magic.
>"Destructive? Pfft! You're an outright natural! I wouldn't be surprised if you picked up your cutiemark in Magic Archery if you keep up with it. And don't worry about it; there's lots of things you could have done to harm yourself. Weapons are dangerous. You can always hurt yourself. And that would have been a valuable lesson indeed. You need to be creative; there's many parts to magic, much more than you can understand. It comes from not only the world around us, but our very minds and hearts. I can't tell you every single thing you can and can't do with magic, only that experimenting can lead to surprising, or scary, results. But don't be afraid, lil' one."
He smiles, kicking open the door opposite of his chambers.
>"You'll learn what's good for you and what isn't. Just remember; magic isn't a one way street. What you take must be paid for, and what you pay with determines the result. While soul magic is powerful, it will leave you nothing but a husk of yourself in the end."
Now what?
>>
>>28391361
Let's go talk to High Tide! She seemed super nice!
>>
>>28391361
Oh wow, we should probably focus on good old hoof to hoof combat too. Let's find out what they have to offer to eat.
>>
>>28391387
Are you saying....that we should remember the basics of CQC?
>>
I'm gonna go ahead and call it tonight, everyone. It's really late here; 5 AM.
Besides, I feel like the majority of players are asleep.
I'm gonna try running this nearly every day, whenever I have free time and I'm in the mood. I'll post ahead to tell y'all if I'm taking a long break or not.

A thing about magic spells and abilities: I don't really want to list what you can and can't do with magic. If you didn't notice already, we learned a spell that is a base with a component necessary to cast. Elemental Bolt is pretty much a Magic Archer's bread and butter; all types of spells derive off of it. From poison inducing bitterness to electrifying surprise, it has no real limit on what element it fires.

But if you feel like we could do more, we always can. Try creating a new spell in combat; like multiple bolts from a single blast, or maybe an arrow that knocks opponents away on contact. But it's not just limited to spells. Try using your dagger in new ways, like a spinning slash or a bucking stun; it's not all set in stone. If it's a good enough move, I'll add it to Clover's Spell and Ability list, and determine how much energy it takes to use.

Magic Archer is the most versatile class out there, since your primary spell is based off of emotion. There is no ritual to perform or rune to read to cast elemental magic. But it does have its limits. It can't pick locks, or heal allies. It can't cast life into creatures, nor summon items. It can't do half of what a more magic focused class can do.

Anyone have any suggestions they want me to listen to? Any ideas that may help the story?
>>
>>28391457
Nothing comes to mind, you are doing great. Just please refrain from giving away any story spoilers, it kinda ruins it a bit.
>>
>>28391457
there is a spell in nier called "dark lance", can we do something like that?
basically you charge up arrows and then fire them all at once.
>>
>>28391484
Thanks! I haven't really spoiled anything that hasn't already been revealed or implied. Also, sorry for any spelling errors. It happens.
>>28391497
Yes. Though spells like that would probably be channeled.
Still need some posts before I commit to drawing. How about we visit Tide AND get food?
>>
>>28392953
>I have an amazing character I want to introduce when we reach port, along with our first Party Member.
Don't wanna see you post stuff like this before we get there in the story, I would consider that a spoiler.

Also food and Tide sounds good.
>>
File: 028.png (192KB, 1280x800px)
028.png
192KB, 1280x800px
>>28391368
>>28391387
>>28391433
>>28393032
Clover says she wants to visit Tide and get something to eat. She hasn't eaten in ages!
>"Well, it is about lunch time, now that I think about it. We might be able to convince Skillet to cook us up something NOT deadly. And I bet I know where we can find High Tide, too."
Silverwind trots around a corner and down a stairway, the filly setting her lil' hooves on his head. They reach what appears to be an informal dining room, connected to the sleeping quarters, a kitchen directly connected to the area. Clover can see Fishnet dozing against a pole, the hammock behind him left untouched. At a nearby table, High Tide waves cheerily at the duo.
>"I see you two made it! I heard magic being cast upstairs. Everything alright?"
Silverwind sits at the table, Clover slipping off onto the floor as the stallion pulls two large pillows out from beneath, so she can sit level.
What should Clover do?
>>
>>28393589

"Yeah! Silverwind was teaching us some cool magic!"
>>
>>28393589
Tactical boop activated.
>>
>>28394432
This.
We need to grind our social combat skillz
>>
>>28393589
"You said you wanted to hug me to bits...well...here I am!" Extend hooves in hug-ready position.
>>
File: 029.png (160KB, 1280x800px)
029.png
160KB, 1280x800px
>>28393638
>>28394432
>>28394448
>>28394516

Clover hops off of Silverwind's back, trotting forward as she raises her hoof, ready to boop. High Tide scoots her pillow back, dodging the snoot attack!

High Tide counters, and grabs the filly in a tight huggle! +2 HP! (9/9)

>"...<3"

High Tide turns Clover about in her lap, setting her forward as she noses into her mane, sighing happily.

>"Cute lil' pon, aren't ya? Trying to boop me." She smiles, hugging on tight. Clover hugs her hooves, all snuggled up in her soft embrace.
Clover tells Tide about all of her adventures in magical practice, and how well she did with her Magic Bow!
>"Well then! Aren't you a talented little pony? Already taking on the big mean captain in solo combat! Hah. The seagulls will have it coming now!" She smiles, squeezing Clover tight.
She sits for a moment, simply enjoying the cuddle as Silverwind chips in.
>"Don't tell me you're replacing me already, huh?" He sits down next to the duo, giving them both a warm grin. "What're ya waiting for, Tide? Food?"
>"You bet. I'm hoping its food at least. I told her to make it edible, not unique.
>"Don't we all hope."
Suddenly, a pony pops out of the nearby kitchen, a tray on her back.
>"Oh would ya look at that, don'tchya know! Ya had the baby, Tide?"
>"I swear to Celestia, Skillet. I'm not fat. I'm not pregnant. Clover is here to escape a bad life."
What does Clover do?
>>
>>28394894
introduce herself.
>>
>>28394894
Ask Tide how she became a pirate, tell her that she's super nice for a pirate.
>>
>>28394894
Ask if there's any reason Fishnet is sleeping next to the hammock instead of in it.
>>
File: 029.png (160KB, 1280x800px)
029.png
160KB, 1280x800px
>>28394894
(Reposting this to save time. Shouldn't lurk other threads while waiting for replies. Rather not bother Anonpone with another fix.)

Clover hops off of Silverwind's back, trotting forward as she raises her hoof, ready to boop. High Tide scoots her pillow back, dodging the snoot attack!

High Tide counters, and grabs the filly in a tight huggle! +2 HP! (9/9)

>"...<3"

High Tide turns Clover about in her lap, setting her forward as she noses into her mane, sighing happily.

>"Cute lil' pon, aren't ya? Trying to boop me." She smiles, hugging on tight. Clover hugs her hooves, all snuggled up in her soft embrace.
Clover tells Tide about all of her adventures in magical practice, and how well she did with her Magic Bow!
>"Well then! Aren't you a talented little pony? Already taking on the big mean captain in solo combat! Hah. The seagulls will have it coming now!" She smiles, squeezing Clover tight.
She sits for a moment, simply enjoying the cuddle as Silverwind chips in.
>"Don't tell me you're replacing me already, huh?" He sits down next to the duo, giving them both a warm grin. "What're ya waiting for, Tide? Food?"
>"You bet. I'm hoping its food at least. I told her to make it edible, not unique.
>"Don't we all hope."
Suddenly, a pony pops out of the nearby kitchen, a tray on her back.
>"Oh would ya look at that, don'tchya know! Ya had the baby, Tide?"
>"I swear to Celestia, Skillet. I'm not fat. I'm not pregnant. Clover is here to escape a bad life."
What does Clover do?
>>
>>28395748
Snuggle into the mare and introduce ourselves.
>>
>>28395748
Ask about her. Why a pirate? What's her cutie mark?
>>
File: 030.png (226KB, 1200x800px)
030.png
226KB, 1200x800px
>>28394982
>>28395083
>>28395720
>>28395780
>>28396218
(Sorry for taking so long to post.)
Clover immediately introduces herself, saying hello to the cook. Skillet smooths out her ever frazzled mane with a hoof, placing a few plates on the table. Clover's mouth immediately begins to water at the sight. Food! Real food!

>"Aww, aren't ya cute. I bet you'll be great in the bed when you're older!" Skillet says, giving Clover a toothy grin.
>"Skillet!" Tide snaps, and Clover tilts her head in confusion. "You're just like Sunny!"
>"Yeah, please don't talk about that stuff in front of the girl." Silverwind chips in, nipping a potato from the plate.
>"Alright, alright, fine."
Clover snuggles up into Tide's embrace, enjoying the warmth as she thinks about snatching the food from the table. She decides to ask about Tide's cutiemark first, and how she become a pirate.
>"Huh? Well, I didn't start off as a pirate. I originally joined the Navy to explore the world, but I quickly learned that the Navy is a terrible, soul crushing place if you like having fun. So when Silverwind's ship attacked ours when we were transporting some spoils from war... well, I asked to join. And here I am! My Cutie Mark popped up when I was quite a bit older than you, lil' baby. I got it for my ability to navigate on coastlines."
Clover then asks why Fishy isn't sleeping in his hammock.
>"He's not allowed in his hammock during the day. Otherwise we'd never see him at all. So instead of just not sleeping, he sleeps in front of his hammock. Trust me, it's better than him passing out... well, anywhere else."
The hammock specifically?
>"Yep! It's almost impossible to wake him up when he's inside of that. We can't even turn it over some days to toss him out of it."
>>
>>28396373
We can time skip whenever. We'll go on break when Clover goes to sleep tonight. Has my art skill improved any?
>>
>>28396386
>We can time skip whenever.

Nah, I rather we get to know more of the crew and ship before we consider time skipping.
>>
>>28396373
Ask Skillet what kind of food she usually makes since the ponies on board don't seem to like it that much. Ask her how she joined the crew.
>>28396386
Would rather explore the ship a bit first, and yes you have improved quite a bit since the quest started, you're getting the hang of it, keep it up!
>>
Gonna finally head home really quick. I'll be back online in about an hour or so.
>>
>>28396373
You can get better at sleeping when you're grown up!?
>>
>>28396373
Ask Skillet how long he's been a pirate cook? How'd that happen?
>>
I don't wanna draw anything until there's a few questions. Save some time. Though that's probably why the thread moves so slowly. If I picked up the pace and drew something for each post, I might be able to increase the average posters.
Back to work. This next one will be the last for the night.
>>
>>28396373
That food must be yummy. Let's steal some of it.
>>
>>28398221
>I don't wanna draw anything until there's a few questions. Save some time.

No that's understandable. Don't want to overwork yourself making a whole drawing just for one response over and over again.
>>
>>28396373
Ask both how long they've been part of the crew?
>>
>>28396373
Ask Skillet what's his favorite kind of food?
>>
>>28396373
>>28398229
>That food must be yummy. Let's steal some of it.

Forget stealing, let's throw ourselves at the food. We're starving.
>>
>>28396373
>>28398483
That would mean we would have to leave the hug, I am more inclined to just reach for it and then maybe we can have both food and snuggles.
>>
File: 031.png (198KB, 1200x800px)
031.png
198KB, 1200x800px
>>28396428
>>28397272
>>28398229
>>28398396
>>28398403
>>28398483
(Okay, this made me chuckle.)
>>28398492
Clover asks Skillet why she has such a bad reputation, and how she became a Pirate/Pirate's cook. She asks both of them how long they've been part of the crew. Clover even asks what kind of food a Pirate Cook likes.
>"Well, y'see... it's not that I cook bad food. I cook great food! It's when I try to make something new with exceedingly dangerous ingredients, that I... well. This."
Skillet soothes her mane with a hoof, and it goes from ragged to smooth in a single stroke, minus a cowlick.
>"Let's not talk about some of the taste tests. And as for food? Hmm... to be entirely honest? I could eat hay nuggets every day. I could work in a five star resort, making the best foods a pony could ever desire, but in all honesty, I'd live off of hay nuggets if somepony offered it. And how I became a Pirate Cook? Pfft! Silverwind came in to my workplace at the same time I had a mutiny. I couldn't stand the posh and the polish. So here I am, exploding kettles. And as for age, I've been around here for about... two years."
>"I've been here for a full six months. Aren't I special?" High Tide chips in with a smile.
About halfway through the rambling of the two ponies, Clover's attention becomes centered on the food. Her mind becomes one with the soup on the table, the apple gleaming in her eyes. She doesn't really know what's on the plate, but she doesn't care.
Suddenly, Clover jumps forward, knocking Tide onto her back as she springs for the food, DESTINED to consume it!
Clover lands with her face in the bowl, slurping up the food inside. Yummy potato soup. Delicious!
Skillet is lost for words. Tide is still recovering. Silverwind begins to laugh as you devour the bowl.
>"Clover! Manners!" Tide shouts, sitting back up onto her pillow.
>>
>>28397272
Ah, I forgot to answer your question. Oh well! It happens.
>>
>>28398826
Maybe re submit it then?
>>
>>28398792
Oh wow, didn't actually expect that... Fuckin' awesome. This CYOA's turning out to be fun.
>>
>>28398847
I'll try to include it in the next post, tomorrow, if you remind me, okay? Right now I need to sleep.
>>
>>28398792
Apologize with a full mouth. Explain that we were awfully hungry.
>>
>>28398792
Compliment the chef for the great food.
>>
>>28398792
Compliments to the chef! Hug her too just for the hell of it!
>>
>>28398792
Maybe Skillet could show us how to cook some things later. Grown ups know how to cook and since we are alone now we might want to learn a few things.
>>
>>28398792
I'm not sure if this has been answered or not but how many are part of the crew?
>>
>>28400390
All crew members:
Captain Silverwind.
First Mate Sunny Shores.
Quartermaster/Cook Skilled Skillet.
Additional Crew (multiple jobs):
Unicorns: Fishnet, Saltlick, Timbers.
Earth Ponies: Hook, Silver Saber, False Flag, High Tide.
Pegasi: Sea Wind and Sea Shanty.

Total: 12 + 1 (Clover.)
Small pirate crew.
>>
>>28398792
So you can get better at sleeping when you're grown up?
>>
File: 032.png (186KB, 1200x800px)
032.png
186KB, 1200x800px
>>28399106
>>28399173
>>28399472
>>28399915
>>28400434
Clover apologizes with a muzzle full of food, Tide standing up rather peeved. She didn't even turn around to say sorry to her face. Rude filly!
>"It's fine, I guess. Are you going to save me some, at least?"
"...Maybe."
Clover devours all of the soup! She gives her compliments to Skillet, who can only smile and scratch her head.
>"Thanks, Clover! It's good to hear somepony give me something other than complaints and stupid requests." She coughs, saying "Saltlick" under her breath.
Clover bites down into the sweet apple, noting the crisp taste. She asks if it's possible to get a cutiemark in sleeping, since Fishy is so good at it.
>"At this point, I wouldn't be surprised. Either he's asleep, or he's grumpy because he isn't asleep." Skillet ruffles Clover's head, smiling. "But I don't think you can do much with a sleeping cutie, huh? You should set your hopes higher. Maybe you should get a bed cutiemark~" She winks at Clover. She tilts her head, unsure.
>"Nevermind. You'll get those jokes when you're older."
Clover asks if Skillet can teach her how to cook, that adults need to know how to take care of themselves.
>"Eh? You wanna cook? I guess you can help in the kitchen tonight. Earth Ponies like us gotta know how to work our hooves, and from what I heard, you're learning some kinda archery. It'll probably help you in the long run.
>Clover can train her stats by performing actions in the world. Reading books, crafting items, or fighting will give experience in their relevant trees. Cooking grants major dexterity experience and minor intelligence experience, for example. These stats will be tracked externally.
>Performing a profession related action will also increase Clover's ability with that profession, making future attempts more successful.
Clover finally gives the cook a tight hug, her soup covered snout rubbing against her fur. She warmly hugs back, happy to help.
>"No hugs for me, huh?" Silverwind chuckles.
>>
>>28400741
I just realized I forgot to scale back Skillet's head. It's a bit too late for that now, though. I compressed too many layers.
>>
>>28400741
Apologize to Tide for knocking her over, wipe your muzzle and give Silverwind a hug as well.
>>
Bumping for bump related reasons.
>>
>>28400741
Give Silverwind a hug. Mention that we used to live on a small farm so we know a bit about food so cooking should be quite helpful for us.
>>
>>28400741
Ask if we could see more of the ship.
>>
>>28400741
If there's any food left over let Tide have it.
>>
File: 033.png (267KB, 1200x800px)
033.png
267KB, 1200x800px
>>28400884
>>28401429
>>28401509
>>28401603
Clover mentions she used to help with a small garden patch, and frequently assisted her mom with the veggies.
>"Well that's great! You know exactly where to put Cucumbers then, I take it?" Skillet laughs at her own little joke, "But I get ya. We'll ruin ALL of the pots, just for you."
Skillet lets the filly go, and immediately, Clover runs into another hug. This time, with Silverwind. He wraps a strong hoof around her back, holding her close.
Yep, Clover is still a snuggly, adorable foal. Had to make sure she wasn't made of less snuggly matierials, like marshmallows, or kittens.
Clover mentions she'd like to see the rest of the ship; she's only been in the Captain's room, the deck, and this little kitchen area.
>"Well of course! We have the crow's nest up top (but we wont go there until Sea Shanty and Timbers comes down), the living quarters which we're kinda in right now, the armory and canons, and of course the cargo hold. We also have the rudder room, and where we keep the anchors and ropes, but that's kinda boring. And uh... Saber's temporary room, until he gets over his affliction. That's off limits, isn't that right, Skillet?"
>"Yep. I'm not going down there again. Send one of the stallions with the slop, 'kay?"
>"You didn't have to go down there to begin with. You're the one who insisted 'he's nothin' but a wanker, I'll handle it', if I recall." Silverwind says thoughtfully.
>"Whatever."
>"So! Where to, lil' one? I think the majority of the crew is either going over the inventory or on the ropes, so there should be plenty of action."
Silverwind gives an additional explanation of the boat, giving Clover a good mental image of where they are. As an afterthought, Clover gives tide the leftovers.
>"Oh, wow! Thanks Clover, thanks for giving me the scraps of my own meal, means a lot." She says with a sarcastic laugh. "Still a bit upset about that. Skillet?"
>"Like you need another meal." She says, rolling her eyes."
>>
>>28401870
Let's see the rest of the living quarters and then check out armory/canons.
>>
Another question; how dark do you want this CYOA to get? Personally, I liked Foal Quest. It's the inspiration behind this, in fact, though I wanted my own spin on it.
I don't want the main character to die, though, so instead, vote on this.
http://www.strawpoll.me/11212839
>>
>>28401937
>http://www.strawpoll.me/11212839

I voted Lewd however not every combat loss should = lewd. Some should some shouldn't.
>>
>>28402026
Not every combat loss will be lewd. I judge what we're fighting and base the final result on that. There wont be any lewd if we lose to something that doesn't give off that vibe. Or if we lose to something that can't do lewd things, like a skeleton pony or something. That's not a spoiler; we just have a lot of potential enemies we could come across.
>>
>>28401870
Can we see the rest of the living quarters?
>>
>>28402049
>implying skeleton pony can't bone
>>
>>28401937

Personally I don't mind lewd but I like it to be somewhat serious and relevant to the story, not just "lol u lost a fight time for random raep scene now" and then the MC just rubs their ass and forgets about it and goes on their merry way. But then I like more realistic stories in general.
>>
>>28401870
Let's check out where all the canons are at!
>>
>>28402084
HA. You did good. 11/10
>>28402095
No no, there are serious consequences. It'll have lasting effects on the main character and change how she perceives the world.

Off to class. I'll post when I get home tonight.
>>
>>28401870

Pirates always have treasure. Ask your 'Uncle' if we could see the cargo?
>>
>>28402117
>No no, there are serious consequences. It'll have lasting effects on the main character

That's better, but I'm then concerned that it would make the quest dark as fuck. If you have defeats result in lewds and the MC reacts realistically to them, I can only imagine that the whole quest would end up being defined by these depressing soul-crushing childhood-ruining moments. I could see it being ok as a singular plot point if we fuck up really badly, but any more often than that and you need to go full coltquest/foalquest to keep your quest actually enjoyable to read and play.
>>
>>28402151
Now that you mention it, I have a great solution to the issue that'll keep it realistic without making the whole story too dark. It'll keep the lewds, the lightheartedness, and the dark in perfect balance at the cost of a little bit of the story's integrity. Do you think amnesia potions/spells would be okay, only to clear the memory from the MC's head? Or should we do something else?
>>
>>28402193

Um, not the same anon but I'm not sure I'm all too eager to wipe a filly's memory. I do believe it can be an option but it should be up to the players if Clover takes it or not.

I say we see how a lewd loss affects Clover and whether she can bounce back and mature from the experience or needs a "mental reset."

I will say also that I'm perfectly fine with this cyoa getting dark if that's where the story goes. But that's just me.
>>
>>28402226
That's a good plan. I'll only offer the potion/spell if the players wont let Clover forget it, and make it a big issue.
>>
>>28402193

Amnesia sort of seems like a cheap move to me, just makes it feel like there's no consequence to anything that happened and the lewds are there just for their own sake. If I wanted that I would play coltquest.
>>
>>28402522
That's why I said the cost was story integrity. How about the first time she loses, she's eased into it gently until she enjoys it, leaving mixed feelings?
>>
>>28402567
>How about the first time she loses, she's eased into it gently until she enjoys it, leaving mixed feelings?

Let's just see who or what she loses to first. I mean we can play what ifs about this for some time before it ever happens.

This is just one of those things where not everyone is going to be satisfied.
>>
>>28402117
>No no, there are serious consequences. It'll have lasting effects on the main character and change how she perceives the world.

Maybe lasting effects, but what if not all of them have to be gravely negative? What if she ends up enjoying it just a little? Not a lot of course because then it wouldn't seem like that much of a consequence to avoid--we still want to avoid losing after all--but maybe they don't have to be that dark. And like you said, not every failure has to result in lewds. Keep lewd losses for some of the battles, and whatever lewd losses we get can be a little lighthearted in some way.
>>
I think a big way to mitigate the effects of loss lewds is to have non-rapey lewds first. It would still be a bit confusing for a filly but at least her first experience would be something she could conceivably enjoy and have mixed thoughts about.
>>
>>28402924
>>28402970

Still this argument is mostly mute until Clover has her first lewd loss.
>>
>>28401870

Can we see where the canons are at?
>>
>>28403139
It's worth discussing a little about it from now though so we can be prepared for it when it does happen.
>>
>>28403907
True, but it is something that we could discuss in a lot more depth and certainty once we get closer to that kind of situation.
>>
>>28402117
>Off to class. I'll post when I get home tonight.

Hope you post soon...
>>
File: 034.png (396KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
034.png
396KB, 1200x800px
>>28401905
>>28402067
>>28402110
>>28402120
>>28403299
>>28404383
(Had to draw everything. Last post for today.)
Clover wants to see the awesome canons! And the living quarters, AND the cargo! All in one go!
>"Alright lil' One! To the Canons it is!" Silverwind scoops up the lil' Filly, depositing her on her usual spot; right on his back! They head upstairs, and Clover immediately hops to the first canon she sees, inspecting it.
Then she hops on it.
"FIRE!" She shouts, and Silverwind quickly joins in.
>"AYE AYE CAP'N! BANG!~" He says, rattling the back of the heavy iron canon, simulating an explosion. "DIRECT HIT! The day is won, Cap'n Clover!"
After a few minutes of play, they continue their tour of the ship, passing ponies alike as they stop in the living quarters for a moment.
>"There's an extra bed in here, Clover. I think you'll have to spend the night in here, with the crew, unfortunately. I don't think you want to see me stumbling about tonight."
They finish their journey into the cargo hold, Wind's horn lighting up the dark storage with magic.
>"Oooooh..."
Ominous moaning fills the area, the room beyond lit with a more natural, fire light.
>"That's uh... off limits, ahead. Saber is uh... using that room. Don't disturb him, and no questions, got it?"
Clover hugs close to the Cap'n, her eyes full of fear. It sounds like he's in agony... are they torturing him?"
>"And if you see a white stallion... do NOT let him see you. That's Saber. You hide, got it? Wait for him to pass. He's uh... sick. You don't want to get sick, huh?"
Clover nods. He does sound awfully hurt.
They make their way upstairs, Clover sticking to Silver's side. It was... rather ominous, in fact. Soon, they were on the surface again, fresh sea air and sunlight did wonders for her nerves.
>>
There's something I really like about your art, it's so cute to look at~ I have a pony OC that I'd like to see drawn in your style. Do you take commissions by any chance? If so, how do we go about that?

I've been meaning to get more art of my OC so I might as well start with you (I might also ask Ficfic if he takes any; I like his cute and simple design too).
>>
>>28404724
Well uh, I can probably do something for you for free, and if you like it, you can send me some money over Patreon or something. If you want. I'm not any good at drawing, I'm just doing this as a hobby, really. I have very little free time with juggling several classes, and I definitely could use some dosh. Maybe I can learn some shading and do something half decent for you. I'll include a link to my Patreon later, or have a link through lewd DB posts or something. I don't want to come off as a needy greedy jerk.
>>
>>28404759
Oh no, it's fine. I just want more art of my OC and I happen to like your art. I feel having only 3 or 4 of him isn't enough. I also feel like getting something digitally drawn too.
>>
>>28404721
>He's uh... sick. You don't want to get sick, huh?"

Say that Sabre sounds terribly ill. Has he seen a doctor?
>>
>>28404721
>>28404828

In fact ask what kind of medicine do they have on this boat?
>>
>>28404721

Enjoy the fresh sea air and prance about on deck.
>>
>>28404721
Ask Silverwind where's he from originally?
>>
leaving page 10.
>>
>>28406518
>>28407003
Thanks. Off to drawing. Any more requests before I do?
>>
>>28407020
Ask some info about ship sailing. How it moves, the anchor, the rudder, etc. Since we are part of the crew learning things like that might be useful. (Unless Clover already knows that stuff.)
>>
>>28404721
>>28407020

Ask if he expects any ship battles on the way to Vanhoover?
>>
File: 035.png (206KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
035.png
206KB, 1200x800px
>>28404828
>>28404987
>>28405002
>>28405584
>>28407036
>>28407184
Clover hops about across the deck, full of energy even after that whole sparring match. (+6 Energy; 14/14)
Clover asks Silverwind what kind of medicine they have, and if Saber has seen a doctor.
>"It's not that kind of sickness, Clover. I thought I told you not to ask questions about that? He... well, he needs some magical help. Help I can't really give. Maybe Vee will know something about it, when we get to port. But we do have things to treat most injuries; bandages, healing wares, medicines, hugs. The works."
Clover wants to know more about Silverwind in general.
>"Ah, really? Well, I come from the old kingdoms, before Equestria was really founded. I used to be one of the Unicorns who helped raised the sun and moon, believe it or not! Then again, that's not saying much. I'd say about a third of the unicorns you run into probably served Princess Platinum at some point. But the castle life isn't really for me, y'know? I used to be the apprentice of the Court Healer, but I gave that up when Equestria was founded. I wanted to explore the new land, so I became a traveler, and soon after, a pirate."
Clover wants to know more about how the ship works.
>"Well uh... there's wind, lots of it, and I turn the wheel on the helm... really, I don't know the mechanics beneath the hull. I leave Timbers in charge of that. If she'd ever come down from the crows nest with her Mare friend..." He snorts. "Maybe I can get her to show you tomorrow, before we land in port."
Clover thinks about the ship that Silverwind attacks, and wonders if they'll see battle.
>"Doubtful. In fact, we're usually traders ourselves. Pirating is just a side hobby to sell loot on the black market. It's kinda why we're not ruthless murderers. Coin Toss actually makes more money if we loot his ship because of the market; we pay him back and the Princesses pay him for the damages. It's an odd system."
>>
>>28407361
Ask what places he has visited? Any cool exotic places? Met any Griffons or Zebras? What were they like?
>>
>>28407361
>Clover. I thought I told you not to ask questions about that?

Apologize and say we won't bother him with questions about Sabre. We were just... worried about him.
>>
>>28407361
What was Princess Platinum like? Mommy didn't have us yet when she was around.
>>
When you realize you've been misspelling Sabre the whole time. Feels bad man.
>>
>>28407361
Let's go see Salt Lick next! I wanna know why him and Sea Wind aren't on best of terms.
>>
File: 036.png (224KB, 1200x800px)
036.png
224KB, 1200x800px
>>28407385
>>28407406
>>28407417
>>28407440
Clover apologizes for asking about Sabre. She was just worried about him.
>"It's fine. It's better you know that there's a sick pony down there instead of us telling you nothing, and you decide to find out what that noise is."
Clover wants to know more about the places Silver visited, and if he's seen any exotic gryphons or zebras.
>"Well, believe it or not I've been to Griffonstone. Talk about fancy; they have more gold than some older dragons, I'd wager. Even dated a gryphon for a while! She had these piercing blue eyes... beautiful. It didn't last, though. She didn't want to join me on adventures; wanted to stay home and have some chicks... I'm not at that point yet. As for Zebras, I've never met any. Especially with the war and all; it's like a barrier between us and Zebra Lands. But I have heard about some pirates far south led by a zebra captain, but that's pretty much it. Most of my time has been spent in Equestria, Griffonstone, and more recently, on the coast."
Clover asks about Princess Platinum. Was she really a snooty snob?
>"Yep! As snooty as a snooty can get, really. Just more reasons to leave her castle. She always had this scowl on her face. There's not much I can say about her person; she wasn't evil or anything, but rather... I dunno. It's hard to tell with royalty."
Clover would like to see Salt Lick, and ask about why he's always fighting with Sea Wind.
>"Those two? Pfft, Salt lick is almost always upset, especially when it comes to losing. Sea Wind thought it'd be fun to challenge him to dice, and of course, Sea Wind won. He's been nothing but angry because he used to claim he was the 'dice king'. Not only that, but Sea Wind is young, and LOVES to rub it in. I guess you could call it 'salting the wound', eh?"
Silver freezes.
>"Was that a dad joke?... Jeez kid, you're making me more mature than I usually am. At this rate, I'll be building a deck by next week." He chuckles.
>>
>>28407710
Ask Silverwind if he can teach you how to play dice.
>>
>>28407710
Ask if we can practice with the dagger in a little bit.
>>
>>28407710
> I've never met any. Especially with the war and all; it's like a barrier between us and Zebra Lands.

Ask about the war. What happen? Does he know much about it?
>>
>>28407710
Ask about Dice and other things do pirates do to pass the time.
>>
>>28407710
Ask if he's got any cool treasure from his travels.
>>
File: 037.png (190KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
037.png
190KB, 1200x800px
>>28407830
>>28407962
>>28407997
>>28408049
>>28408059
Clover wants to know more about the war, but Silver kinda just waves his hoof at her.
>"Eh, to be entirely honest, Equestria doesn't have a side in it. It's neutral ground. But by the looks of things, we may be taking one soon. It's between the Zebras and the nation below that, Whitherwater or something. I don't stray into those waters, nor do I keep up with political drama much. You'd be better suited asking somepony with a bit more of a brain than me."
Clover frowns. But it's so interesting!
>"Sorry kiddo. I've only been around so long."
Clover asks if she can learn how to play dice, and what pirates do to pass the time.
>"I don't think I should teach you to gamble... it's a bad addiction. Maybe tonight I'll let you play a game or two, but my advice? Never bet anything unless if you want to lose it. And we do other things besides gamble; we drink, we clean, we manage the ship. We even sing shanties when we're all working. But right now? We're kinda just laying about; a lot of the hard work has been done. All we have to do now is let the wind carry us."
She questions if he has any neat treasures stowed away anywhere.
>"Actually, I do! I actually have a giant chest buried off shore somewhere. It's a bit ironic, but it's for my safekeeping. I trust a bank about as much as I trust Skillet's cooking decisions."
Clover then asks if she can practice with her new dagger.
>"Well of course! You kinda left your equipment on the deck. For future reference, don't do that. I think Sunny picked it up. You'll find him at the helm. I'll see about getting you a training dummy set up on deck. It'll definitely help you pass the time!"
Will clover train her Dexterity until supper? She feels she might learn more about her skills if she does so. She might be able to train another skill, if she wishes.
>>
I've got class in 45 minutes. Any questions before we go? Also, you can ask to see how much experience we have in Clover's skill tress if you want. I wont include that in art posts, though.
>>
>>28408291
Jeez, my mind is fried. All of this lack of sleep is killing me. *before I go, and *trees. This is just deplorable. I'm considerably worse at English than I assumed.
>>
>>28408276
Lets train with the dagger for a while, but I'd also like to try sneaking around the ship and booping unsuspecting ponies.

>>28408366
I've seen worse.
>>
>>28408291
Sure let's see her current skills.
>>
>>28408276
Let's go talk to Sunny. Say hi and ask bout our gear.
>>
>>28408276
Let's pick up our gear and go to the living quarters and unpack/ pick our bed.
>>
>>28408407
Strength: 2 (0/30 EXP) (We haven't really done anything with Strength in mind.)
Dexterity: 2 (7/30 EXP) (Two from attacking once, five from sneaking/hiding from the Pirates.)
Intelligence: 3 (8/30 EXP) (One for passing a perception check, three for casting Ice Bolt, and two for successfully landing an attack with our bow.)

Most actions grant minimal experience. Fighting is the quickest way to train, but these stats don't mean too much in the end when it comes to combat.
>>
>>28408477
Jesus, let me fix that. I can't math at all. Why is my brain so bad today. It's Six intelligence EXP. I have it written differently in my notes, but my brain just isn't working. Probably because I'm not getting enough sleep.
>>
Going to file that comment about building a deck away, can bring it up if he ends up having to fix up the deck of the ship.
>>
>>28408503
>Probably because I'm not getting enough sleep.

If you need to sleep in more go ahead. It's better to have a QM that's ready and awake then one that's groggy and half-asleep.
>>
>>28408276
>We even sing shanties when we're all working.

Shanties? Is that like a song?

Oooh. I used to hum songs from time to time while helping in the garden. Could I learn one?
>>
Train up filly, Teh sea isn't going anywhere.
And new skills are always nice.
>>
>>28409317

Actually, the sea is constantly moving due to waves and currents. So it is, in fact, going somewhere.
>>
>>28410053
7/10
Too much water.
I'll post in a bit. Dinner soon. I'll post one or two more times today, but Clover will need to go to sleep before I start the next thread.
>>
File: 038.png (321KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
038.png
321KB, 1200x800px
>>28408406
>>28408424
>>28408438
>>28408960
Clover asks about Shanties, stating that she's a proud singer, and would love to learn one.
>"Hmm... tomorrow, before we dock, I'll be sure to get one going for ya. Now go get your dagger and I'll get a dummy."
Clover nodnods to Silver, running up the stairs to the first mate, Sunny Shores.
She excitedly bounces on her hooves, asking if he picked up her weapons.
>"Oh, it's the Small. Yes, I did. They're right here."
He turns around and grabs the dagger, turning back only to be super sneakily booped on the nose.
Sunny Shores was booped on the nose! It's not very effective.
>"...You're still short."
He gives Clover her weapon bundle, though Clover wont need the bow for now.
Clover heads down the stairs, and waits for Silverwind to return with a shoddily made scarecrow, complete with vest and hat.
>"Alrighty! Let's get started, huh? Take a couple of swings, and I'll instruct you. You seem to have a firm grasp on the bow, anyway, I doubt you'll find that hard to train at all.
Clover trains under Silverwind's supervision for a while, and gains a skill point in Dexterity! +1 Stamina.
Clover also learns more combat basics. She now knows how to (Dodge) and (Counter) effectively, though each are only good in certain situations.
Clover learned (Dodge)! (1 SP). Avoid area of effect attacks with ease! Doesn't work on normal attacks. This is applied as a team effort, as everyone will try to dodge at the same time.
Clover learned (Counter)! (1 SP). Avoid slow attacks and return the favor, striking critically with your dagger! Doesn't work on normal attacks.
Clover now knows how to detect when an enemy is about to attack in Barrages, Waves, and Critical Attacks, and will be warned when any of these are about to occur.
Clover was taught how to enchant her Dagger with elemental damage! Unfortunately, the dummy was burnt to a crisp after learning this. (Enchant) learned (3 SP, 3 turns).
It is now dinner time.
>>
>>28411290
Thank Silverwind for the practice and move all our stuff to the living quarters at our hammock.
>>
>>28411290
Tell Silverwind that we hope to practice some more tomorrow since we are going on a exciting big quest and all.
>>
>>28411290
Hurry to the kitchen and help get dinner ready.
>>
>>28411290
Let's take our gear/inventory and place it by our hammock for safe keeping while we go help cook.
>>
Oh yeah, forgot to say "last post for the night".
When we're in combat, how heavy should I drop hints?
Example: "The unicorn appears to be harnessing magic, ready to unleash a barrage of attacks at (Character)! It can be (Deflected)."
I don't want any confusion on what to do.
>>
>>28411727
>"The unicorn appears to be harnessing magic, ready to unleash a barrage of attacks at (Character)!"

This part. Let the players decide/remember to deflect it or not.

But I suppose for our first real fight you could provide full hints, but no more than that.

Don't want to make this too gamey or hand holding after all.
>>
>>28411727
>Oh yeah, forgot to say "last post for the night".

Ni Ni~! then.
>>
going up.
>>
The class never ends. Can't wait for this weekend where I'll have free time.
>>
File: 039.png (272KB, 1200x800px)
039.png
272KB, 1200x800px
>>28411342
>>28411352
>>28411364
>>28411686
Clover thanks Silverwind, panting tiredly, before asking if she can try again tomorrow.
>"No problem, kiddo! You've got a long way to go before you can deal real damage, but it's a start. And I don't think we'll have any time tomorrow; it's going to be a busy day. Now, don't you have to go help with supper?"
Clover squeaks, having forgotten all about her promise! She grabs her bow, asking where her bag is.
>"I think I left it in my room. Here."
Silverwind opens the door to the nearby cabin, popping in and out with her bag on his back.
>"You should probably leave that in the empty hammock by the kitchen."
She nods, trotting off to the stairway and down into the shelter of the ship. Tossing her belongings into the hammock, she canters into the nearby kitchen. She's immediately scooped off of her hooves and set onto a box, Skillet looking down at her.
>"I knew you'd come! Now, before we begin, the rules. This is MY kitchen. You break it, you're gonna buy it, I don't care how. Secondly, there are no rules. Finally, don't get in my way. I'm a busy pony, cutie."
Clover doesn't know how to respond to this, and out of reflex, boops Skillet on the nose.
This only seems the confuse her. It was a very stealthy boop indeed.
Clover sets to work in the kitchen, and does exceptionally well under Skillet's supervision. It's like she didn't even burn half of what she helped make! Delicious fried potatoes served with a hearty veggie soup.
It's now dinner time. Who does Clover eat with? The crew seems pretty spread out; most seem to be eating on their own. Shanty and Timbers seemed to have found their way out of the Crow's Nest, too. Tide is eating with False Flag. The captain is eating in his quarters with Sunny Shores. Clover sees that Fish woke up, and is devouring dinner with Hook. The rest seem rather spread out, and Salt returns with an empty bowl from downstairs.
>>
>>28415388
When you think you've spellchecked it enough, but you clearly haven't.
Sorry for the late reply everyone. I have a little free time now, I'll definitely try to reply quicker this time. Then again, I keep drawing multiple poses/areas in one post, so it's my fault for taking so long.
>>
>>28415388
Go sit with Shanty and Timbers and introduce yourself.
>>
>>28415419
This
>>
File: All Items.png (215KB, 1280x800px)
All Items.png
215KB, 1280x800px
Updated list of our inventory.
>>
>>28415388
Let's go sit with Shanty and if they are too busy then we'll sit with Fish.

Whoever we sit with ask if they like it and tell them we helped make it.
>>
>>28415388
How much did we learn from our cooking session?
>>
>>28415388
Let's talk to Shanty. Wasn't there something we were going to ask those two?
>>
>>28415388
Ask them how and why they became pirates? What do they like to do? and where are they originally from?
>>
File: 040.png (184KB, 1200x800px)
040.png
184KB, 1200x800px
>>28415419
>>28415465
>>28415624
>>28415702
(+1 to all cooking checks, +2 Dex and +1 Int EXP)
>>28415747
>>28415759
Clover makes her way to the second table, where Shanty and Timbers are. She introduces herself, giving them both a wide smile. The pony on the left, which she quickly learned was Shanty, blushed and gave her a rather peculiar look.
>"Well hello, little one... aren't you just adorable? Mmm... I definitely could eat you up."
Clover tilts her head, unsure. Timbers quickly chips in.
>"Hey now... hey Clover. I'm Timbers. And this is my marefriend Shanty. It's nice to meet you!"
>"Very nice to meet you... heh. Hey Timber... are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
Timbers is silent for a moment, a similar blush forming on her cheeks.
>"You're terrible. But you know me, Shanty... I-I guess. But I think I'll sit this one out."
Shanty turns back to Clover, who just can't seem to grasp what's going on.
>"Mmm... how about we talk somewhere more private, Patchy? How does that sound? I can show you something wonderful. You'll love it, I know it. You're definitely old enough to know~"
Shanty winks at her, shifting in her seat.
>"Oh Shanty, not on the pillows... they're soaked!"
Clover is unsure, but nervously asks about their history.
>"Y'know, I came with the boat. It's a bit of a secret where we got this thing, but I joined the crew the moment Silverwind took the wheel. I manage the ship's repairs, mostly. And believe it or not, Vanhoover is my home town!"
>"Hmm... well, little one~ I'll trade you. I'll give you my story, if you follow me and do me one small favor."
Clover gets a weird feeling, the looks, the talk, all of it making her feel a little warm. She isn't sure why, but it reminds her of the weird thumping she used to hear at night. What will she do?
>>
>>28416046

This pony is sketchy as fuck...what do you need privacy on a pirate ship for anyway? Don't follow her.
>>
>>28416046
Ask more about the type of favor you will be doing and what exactly she wants to show you...this is all rather sketchy...
>>
>>28416046
>I'll give you my story, if you follow me and do me one small favor."

"Umm... what's the favor?"
>>
File: 041.png (74KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
041.png
74KB, 1280x800px
http://www.strawpoll.me/11226075

Will be posting results later.
>>
>>28416092
http://www.strawpoll.me/11226108
Because I shouldn't have included all of those options.
>>
>>28416092
>>28416108
Since this is a lewd quest and there will obviously be rape involved in the future, I think that having consensual sex with a mare is probably the best way to break the ice for Clover. Better than getting raped right off the bat anyway...plus if Shanty gets too rough we can just run back to Silverwind.
>>
How does one 4chan +
This is an awesome adventure
>>
>>28416046
Do a perception check on what the favor might be...
>>
How does one 4chan +
This is an awesome adventure +
Captca hates mobile users help!
>>
Oops...
>>
>>28416171
Agreed.
>>
>>28416171
Clover attempts to determine what Shanty means.
Easy Roll: (+2)
Rolled 11, +2, +3. Total: 16. Passed!
Clover isn't entirely sure what to make of the pony, but she can tell it isn't hostile. She seems odd, yes, but she has a gut feeling that she isn't going to hurt or harm her. But maybe show her something new?
>>
>>28416245
Suspect Shanty...
>>
>>28416288
They talked suspiciously...
>>
>>28416245
It might be fun and I'm not against going.
>>
>>28416313
I'd like to avoid the rape
>>
>>28416288
>>28416312
The sense motive/perception check revealed that she isn't going to do anything harmful. Read the spoiler for her true intentions.
Lewd times. She's going to teach Clover what sex is. I highly recommend that she has this encounter, otherwise it'll be very hard to cope with the more lewd stuff later on. Off to class. I'll post when I get home.
>>
>>28416335
Fine.
>>
>>28416348
I guess I'm better at reading than talking to others.
>>
File: Belle.png (121KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Belle.png
121KB, 600x600px
,>>28416335
Oh we all know what's going to happen, but what if we're the kind of people who want to see Clover's childhood innocence suddenly forcefully and violently stripped from her in a frightening torrent of sexual abuse.
>>
>>28416335
>>28416498

Or just want to see how long the filly can remain innocent through the cyoa.
>>
>>28416840

This. Avoiding sex altogether is way more challenging. Gotta have something to work towards.
>>
>>28416840
this is a lewd quest.
>>
>>28417958
Yes I know. But it's sometimes fun to see how long they last. Like Bath's LandFall cyoa for example.
>>
>>28417987
never played that.
>>
>>28418013
It's pretty good. A good balance of fun and seriousness. Aliens are invading and taking control of ponies and various objects and it's up to two foals to save the day and maybe or maybe not get raped in the process.

https://www.anonpone.com/landfall/

The second thread I think is going to start tomorrow evening.
>>
>>28418044
you do know though this and that are different quest right? like, they don't have to follow the same path.
>>
>>28418090
Of course I know that.
>>
>>28417958

The quest is whatever the players make it. That's the 'choose' part in CYOA.
>>
File: 042.png (69KB, 1280x800px)
042.png
69KB, 1280x800px
Lewd.
http://imgur.com/a/oSDa2
>>
>>28418634
>http://imgur.com/a/oSDa2
Any story related to the post?
>>
>>28418649
Yeah some story would be nice.
>>
File: Story Lewd.png (36KB, 280x251px) Image search: [Google]
Story Lewd.png
36KB, 280x251px
>>28418649
>>28418662
Clover is led to the floor above, into the Anchor room. It's surprisingly roomy; only the anchor and a few ropes, not to mention a big red pillow. Clover gives it a sniff, wincing a little. It smells funky!
>"Okay little one. I'm gonna show you something you'll love. Lay down on the pillow-belly up! And spread your legs for me, deary. Not those legs, your hind legs."
Clover follows the directions, using a hoof to spread her legs apart. She doesn't feel very secure, her private parts on full display to the mare.
>"Mmm... that's right. Lay still. The favor I want from you... is this!"
She leans forward, using either hooves to spread the filly's legs apart, pressing her muzzle between her lips. The touch brings a sudden jolt, making her back arch a bit.
>"Sensitive, are we? All the better." She says, her tongue slithering across the filly's virgin slit.
She asks what she's doing, her eyes wide as she leans her head back.
>"Making you keep your word.~" She replies, kissing her now winking button. "I want you to orgasm for me. That's it. Then I'll tell you everything you wanna know."
The strange mare continues her assault on the filly's sweet lips, her tongue darting into the innocent passageway with a slurp. Clover falls back onto the pillow with a huff, moaning in bliss.
>"Good girl, already at your limit, huh? That was much faster than I thought. Stallions will love you~" Shanty continues, wrapping her muzzle lewdly around the puffy lips of the filly, forcing her tongue deep inside. Even she can't help but moan a little, the flavor sticking to her tongue.
If it had a taste, it would probably be slightly tangy, with a hint of fresh lime.
Clover can't help herself, and releases against the mare's intruding tongue, coating the inside of her muzzle with her slick lust.
With a gulp, Clover's orgasm is short lived, the mare standing up with a wide grin.
>"Good girl. Now, what would you like to know?"
>>
I'll go ahead and say it; one more post and Clover goes to bed for the night, meaning the thread will have to retire. It's almost at its bump limit.
>>
>>28418795
Ask her what she just did and why it felt so good, also ask what stallions have to do with this.
>>
>>28418837
Do mean Clover the character will go to sleep as well?

You might be able to fit at least two posts before it reaches 500. You'd be surprised.
>>
>>28418795
Was that an orgasm..? It felt pretty good....
>>
>>28418795
Try to remember what you were originally going to ask Shanty. Something about... her story?
>>
>>28419063
We wouldn't know that word.
>>
>>28419111
The mare just mentioned the word.

>"Making you keep your word.~" She replies, kissing her now winking button. "I want you to orgasm for me. That's it. Then I'll tell you everything you wanna know."
>>
>>28418795
How do we feel after that happen?
>>
>>28418795
Look down between our hindlegs how does it look down there? Everything look okay after that strange experience?
>>
Sorry guys, I'm passing out for the night. Can't keep my eyes open, mixed with the stress of school. See you all tomorrow. Once Clover sleeps, I'll take a day or two to draw things.
>>
>>28418795
>it would probably be slightly tangy, with a hint of fresh lime
>lime
>not clovers

What the fug
>>
>>28421428
Double Boop!
>>
>>28418795
Bask in the afterglow and ask how she did that?
>>
File: 043.png (244KB, 1200x800px)
043.png
244KB, 1200x800px
(Deleted the last one; forgot the name and had lots of typos.)
>>28418850
>>28419063
>>28419082
>>28419207
>>28419219
>>28421740
Clover enjoys the fading warmth for a few moments, shivering on the pillow. She feels just a bit slimy in her nethers, her insides tight. It wasn't entirely unpleasant. She asks what just happened, and what does this have to do with colts.
>"That, little one, is called an orgasm. It's a magical thing that stallions have the hardest time giving us." She says with a chuckle."It's what happens when somepony rubs you all the right ways. When they do that, it's called sex. Heh... I can't help myself around fillies. I love teaching them what an amazing thing sex is~" She licks her lips, giving the foal a dopey grin. "Maybe tomorrow you can give me an orgasm myself, huh? Ooh... that definitely sounds fun."
Clover is a bit confused; all of this is new to her, and she feels weird in a pleasant way. She yawns, asking about Shanty's history. It was the deal after all.
>"Tell you what. You look tired, honey button. How about we find you a comfy hammock and toss you in, and I'll tell you an amazing bedtime story."
Clover nods and follows the mysterious mare up to the living quarters, where most of the hammocks seem to be in use. Shanty helps Clover into the swinging sheet, the gentle lull of the boat rocking her softly.
>"Once upon a time, in the magical land of drunkards and taverns, there was a beautiful mare with the talent for singing and stripping..."
Clover listens in, Shanty taking a red blanket off of a hook and tossing it over her, tucking it in...
>>
>>28422955
Listen in to the story and try to not fall asleep.
>>
>>28422955
Try your hardest not to fall asleep and listen to Shanty's story.
>>
>>28422955
If not too sleepy try to wipe off some of the slime with the blanket.
>>
File: 044.png (151KB, 1200x800px)
044.png
151KB, 1200x800px
>>28422978
>>28423010
>>28423112
Clover keeps her eyes cracked for Shanty's story, as she begins to explain her life.
>"She could dance all day and all night, making all of the stallions want her. They gave her money, they gave her clothing. They gave her everything a mare could ever want. She was very happy. But not happy enough. That pretty mare had everything, but she didn't have one thing; love. No matter how many stallions she saw to bed, or how many bits she made, she couldn't find one pony who liked her. She wasn't ladylike. She didn't even have a friend to talk to."
Clover stirs a little, the lewd stuff below making her uncomfortable. She uses a hoof to wipe it up through the blanket.
>"Thanks for getting it on my blanket!" The mare joked, before coughing and continuing.
>"One day, she couldn't take it anymore. The constant cat calls. The spanks on the flank, the bits tossed on stage. So she left the stage life, taking to the skies and flying far from her home in Whitherwater. She didn't bring a bit with her. She didn't want to. She didn't need money; she needed happiness. That very same mare was reckless, and crashed during a bad thunderstorm... to be found by a wonderful stallion. His name is Silverwind. Silverwind helped her, healed her. He didn't ask for anything from her. So she joined him, and when he got a hold of a ship, stayed with him."
She smiles, Clover's head nodding forward as the filly closes her eyes.
>"Together, they knew very little about sailing. But Timbers, who helped Silverwind with repairing the boat, did. And with a little persuasion on the mare's part, she promised to stay."
Shanty cups Clover's head in her hoof, kissing her head before standing up, and turning away.
>"Good night, little foal. Sweet dreams."
>>
Some nice night time ship music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZS-XSSPiZk

>>28423263
Try to have sweet dreams on the boat. What do we dream if anything.
>>
>>28423263
Nice way to end the chapter. See ya in 2 days or you start again tomorrow?
>>
>>28423312
Chapter over. Save decisions for later.
>>28423334
Yep! It's over for now. We'll be picking up in a day or two, though it might end up being three at most because I might have work tomorrow. Might. The thread can go ahead and hit 500 now. I feel like my art has improved steadily, but I also feel like I'm relying too much on common pony angles. Slightly to the side.
Anyone have any thoughts on my writing, too? I'm working with someone (who I wont name) over Discord to iron out the story, write a bible, and try to keep it all organized.
>>
>>28423355
Wanna draw any cute or lewd non canon art to close the thread off?
>>
>>28423355
>Anyone have any thoughts on my writing, too?
It's pretty good.

Could you put space between the green sentences and the non green one's?

As it is it feels like a wall of text.
>>
>>28423355
Your writing is great, seriously have no complaints myself, it's entertaining and the lewd bit was pretty hot, keep it up!
>>
>>28423370
Hmm... well, maybe. My hands are kinda sore from typing so much, drawing, class, and everything. I also need to work on shading. I'd like to do a little more than line art in the future.
Now that I think about it, nah. I'll do cute pictures in the next thread.
>>
>>28423390
I'll try to keep that in mind.
>>28423393
I WAS going to use a reference for the lewd, but I ended up just doing it from my head. I thought it turned out alright. I'm probably gonna dump all of this into my dA now. And I wanted to do a third panel, but I sometimes feel pressed for time, and I couldn't really think of a good angle... well, besides look at Shanty as she eats Clover out.
I'm trying not to railroad this story, but there ARE things Clover needs to do, and needs to know. And the main quest is kinda "in this general direction", so I don't think we can fuck it up too badly.
If anyone has ideas for sidequests, say so now.
>>
>>28423429
I saw no drop in quality comparing lewd bit and other story text. Do some more without reference, can be good practice I bet. As for sidequests...nothing really comes to mind other than getting on with Silverwind's book quest and possibly visiting Clover's uncle in the future. Maybe come back and get Clover's mom once we get some things going for us, but that sounds more like an end game goal.
Thread posts: 504
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.