[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King's Quest Part 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 5

AKA, Hero Quest 2.0 but less shit hopefully.

>In a land far from Equestria known as, Maredite a King unicorn with a golden mane, a snow white coat and sea blue eyes rules over this prosperous kingdom with his alicorn wife, the Queen.
>They also had a court wizard, Magicae The Magical. The wisest and most powerful wizard in the land. Chosen by the Queen herself to be their court wizard.

>Now, in a kingdom like this you have to wonder. What could possibly be amiss?
>Well allow me to explain, centuries ago this kingdom was at war, a war which nearly destroyed them.
>Locked in a war with a powerful being known as Equus Malum.
>He used the power of shadow magic to nearly enslave the kingdom with his army of monsters.
>However with the power of a magic sword, crafted by an unnamed hero he was vanquished.
>His armies destroyed, he swore before the final blow was dealt he would return.
>Centuries past, the sword disappeared and all of it faded into mere legend.
>The hero and the true power of the dark lord forgotten, the sword hidden away from those that seek it's power for evil reasons.

>However one would know that evil takes many forms, some admired the Dark Lord.
>Believed they could side with him or perhaps control him, using his powers for their own ends.
>This brings us back to current events.
>There have been reports of strange cult like activity in the kingdom.
>Blood sacrifices, kidnappings...While one would think these are the work of mere maniacs. These are anything but... The dark lord requires much preparation and sacrifice for his return.
>However they required something special, something they could not merely take from any pony on the street to obtain.
>They needed the blood of royalty to finish their dark work.

>However this was none of your concern, mere worried talk amongst the guard.
>Silly old legends and rumors as it were.
>You had no time for such worries as you were currently overwhelmed with your new life as king.
(1/2) tbcinp
>>
>>28354881
>See you just happened to be the one stallion the princess eyed back when she was young.
>And of course when she came of age she went right to you.
>She was pretty but...being king frightened you. You were a nobody up until she had the hots for you.
>What would it be like to be king?
>Would you be busy all the time?
>Would you be stressed all the time?
>Would you even have time for your wife?
>So many questions floated in your head.

>But unfortunately you didn't have the heart to say no, even on the altar you just couldn't do it.
>Despite your fears, you were crowned king.
>You had figured it would be worth it for your wife, now queen.
>This is approximately 1 week after your declaration as king.
>Your beloved had been handling all the duties for you but today was the day she wanted you to do things yourself.
>She reserved simple things today purposefully to start you off easy.
>All you had to do was knight some random stallion I mean how hard could that be?!
>You roll in bed wondering of the possibilities if you fucked up.
>What if you accidentally killed him with the sword?!
>You were a little clumsy, what if it slipped from your hoof or your magic and it cut him in a fatal location?
>You tried to shake these thoughts from your head as a flood of sunlight into the room pulls you from your groggy worry.
>It appears to be an earthpony made.
>"I do apologize your majesty." she states.
>"But the queen has requested a wake up call." she continues.

>You were reluctant to rise but unfortunately you had little choice.
>It's not like someone was going to do your job forever, you'd have to face up to the consequences of marrying an alicorn eventually.
>But what if you did something stupid and led the kingdom to war or something?
>I suppose you'd just have to learn on the job.
>You get into your royal garments and place the crown upon your head.
>Always felt weird...not that you didn't like wearing it more like you felt you weren't worthy to
Miscalculation (2/3)
>>
>>28354957
>You had to put your fear aside for today however as not to embarrass your beloved...
>The maid asked from the other side of the dressing wall probably not the right word but google gave me nothing else.
>"Are you ready your highness?" she asks eagerly.
>"The princess was most insistent you do this." she adds.
>You didn't like it but you had to swallow your fear.
>You step out and proceed to follow the mare through the castle halls until eventually reaching the throne room.
>There two thrones stood at the end of the long hall adorned with stained glass windows and a regal red carpet.
>Your beloved queen sat on the right one.
>Or atleast it was right from your perspective.
>But let's not worry about that now, she greets you.
>"Thank you. You are dismissed." your queen utters as the maid bows and replies "As you wish, your highness." she then leaves the room the large double doors making an audible creak as they closed behind her.
>"So, did you rest well my dear?" she asks.

>How do you respond?

Oh my god you mean we can finally do something?! WOW.
Anyway yeah, I apologize for the long winded intro but I really wanted to flesh things out.

I'm also on the fence whether to leave the queen and king unnamed. Also part of why I've never directly described her before. I'm not sure if I just want to leave her up to the imagination or not.
>>
>>28355083
>Didn't specify the queen asks at the end.
I mean granted with reading comprehension you can make the obvious deduction but i'll try not to do this again.
>>
>>28355083
Tell her that you wished you could have stayed in bed a little longer but the rest was sufficient.
>>
>>28355083
I had a nightmare where I tried to knight him but I couldn't lift the sword and everyone laughed at me and then my crown flew away and you kicked me in the shin.

Yeah, I might be experiencing some anxiety about this.

Hold me.
>>
>>28355083
Noticed a fuckup, from here on out i'm gonna be sure to call her "THE QUEEN".
>>28355116
>>28355140
>you tell her the tale of how you had a nightmare, that you weren't strong enough to life the sword and everyone mocked you.
>Then your crown grew wings and flew away.
>You then inform her of how her dream self proceeded to kick you in the shin which then provoked you to awake with a shock.
>You may or may not be quite anxious about this...
>She stares at you for a moment before giggling.
>She places a hoof over her mouth trying to hide it.
>You feel shame at this...
>She must have taken notice as she immediately stops and attempts to console you.
>"Oh dear, it'll be fine. Don't worry yourself so much, I understand how stressful it must be, but... Trust me, once you get used to it, it'll be like a second nature." she says
>You request that she hold you for comfort.
>She obliges.
>"Please dear, you have to do this. If not for the people for me. You can be a good king, you just need to have a little faith in yourself." she assures.
>You do feel a little braver due to her words.
>"You promise not to laugh at me if I mess up?" you ask.
>"I won't need to because you won't... But if you do, I won't I swear. But that shouldn't happen." she replies.
>"But I don't know if i'm ready." you respond.
>"You'll never know unless you try." she replies.
>She was right, if you were going to get anywhere you needed to atleast try.
>And you had a few hours before the knighting to prepare, so hopefully you can build up enough courage in that time to accomplish this.
>"Look, Magicae wanted to speak to you about something. There is still a few hours before the knighting begins, preparations must be made and such. Why don't you go see what he wants. Perhaps he can even help you a little to boost your confidence." she says.
>"Why did you have me up so early then?" you ask her.
(1/?)
continued in next post.
>>
>>28355273
>"Well, two reasons actually. One I wanted to be sure you were awake. Two it was mostly Magicae, says it's of importance. I would speak with him myself but I need to oversee preparations." she responds.
>"Don't you think these things are a little, well... Overprepared sometimes?" you ask.
>"Well, unfortunately over preparation or not, it IS tradition dear." she replies.
>"Now, why don't you take your mind off it for now and go speak to Magicae, maybe not thinking about it will help you feel better." she continues.
>You nod in agreement and bow.
>"You don't need to do that anymore dear, you're the king remember?" she states trying to hide her smile.
>"Oh, my apologies..." you don't get to finish before she cuts you off.
>"No, I think it's polite. Even if it is technically unnecessary." she says.
>You attempt to hide your embarrassment as you leave the room.
>You make your way to the castle library...
>With the help of a maid of course, you always got lost in this big castle.
>Wife assured you'd get used to it eventually but you doubted this greatly.
>Eventually you found yourself at the doors.
>Dismissing the made having reached your destination.
>The door's open on their own.
>Magicae is definitely expecting you...
>You trot in and see him with several open books surrounding him.
>A unicorn wearing grey wizard attire with a long grey beard to match.
>You're not sure why wizards like to have beards but you never bothered to ask.
>He looks up at you the instant your eyes meet his form.
>"Ah, your highness." he states with a bow.
>"I had hoped the queen would come but I suppose she did say she wanted you to try taking responsibility..." he says pausing for a moment.
>"This is a rather grave matter, but I needed some input. The guards have been reporting strange cases of black magic, ritualistic murders and other such events." he continues.
(2/?)
>>
>>28355372
>You feel a little overwhelmed already by the mention of black magic, murder and possibly worse in the same sentence.
>"Something is amiss your highness. I can't be sure just yet but I have a feeling that these events are connected. Not just the fact that they're committed by the same hooves, but that there is a reason for these killings. But I need more information before I can be sure. Would you grant me permission to dispatch royal investigators to look deeper into this matter? Just the detective guards aren't doing enough anymore. We need someone with a little more, jurisdiction. I humbly request this of you your highness." he asks.
>For all you know he could be wrong and this could all turn out to be a sham.
>But at the same time he is the court wizard, he's probably wiser than you or the queen put together.
>But he has been wrong before in his old age.
>How do you respond?
>>
>>28355428
Request him to explain more, this does seem a bit skewered. We can be sure if he gives us a full explanation.
>>
>>28355428
Unless they're doing something more important right now I guess we should try and check it out and see if there is a possibility of a connection.
>>
>>28355428
I grant you my trust Magicae. Send in the Royal Inquisition.
>>
>>28355641
I'll come clean this is the one and only time but I felt I wanted to explain more but then I couldn't think of anything... fuck.
>>
>>28355446
>"You wouldn't get it." he responds bluntly.
>"It would take more time to explain than I have at the moment. I'm also not sure just yet i'm trying to be as thorough as possible." he adds as he begins flipping through the pages of the books again.
>>28355457
>They aren't doing anything important so you figure you may as well.
>You agree to grant permission to dispatch them.
>"Many thanks your highness. This takes a load off my mind. But not enough to make me stop my research just yet." he responds as he begins flipping through the books again.
>"Well, I suppose in honor of you taking a bit more responsibility." he speaks not taking his eyes off the books.
>"There was a dispute going on between the servants. Something about pay, days off. You know how it is, perhaps you could go and calm them?" he asks.
>You still had ample time and so you agreed.
>You found your way to the servants quarters where you found a few servants arguing with a guard.
>"I told you, it's not my decision to make!" the guard says angrily to the maid closest to him of the 3.
>"And we told you, to go to the Queen and tell her we want more days off! I need more time to see my family! You never know if this day will be your last you know!" the maid closest to the guard replies loudly.
>one of the maids behind her pipes up.
>"Oh boo hoo hoo! Nobody cares! Get in line! I demand a raise! I work long and hard at this castle and I think I deserve a little more gold, capriche!?"

>The mare turns to her.
>She responds. "How, DARE YOU."
>they begin fighting as the 3rd servant merely watches in awe as the two begin to fight as the guard prepares to intervene.

>oooh boy this looks heated.
>Your nervousness wells up.
>You find it difficult to find words within yourself to speak.
>What do we do?

>>28355652
Just wanted to be sure you wouldn't think I was completely playing my own quest. I know some QMs have actually done that. It feels like some form of advanced rail roading i don't want
>>
>>28355661
>>28355652
I mean obviously I could have explained I just couldn't really decide on the how.

Welp, rip my playerbase.
>>
>>28355661
Have the guard separate them. Ask the 1 what reasons she wishes time off, ask 2 what she does what her pay is and what hours she works, and ask 3 what they wish for.
>>
>>28355652
>>28355661
>>28355703
Calm your tits, I can't even tell what you're trying to say and freaking over. I appreciate not posting suggestions yourself and as a word of advice, write what we say in as character dialogue, not just a reaction.
>>
>>28355721
>You simply allow the guard to intervene.
>The two are separated as the guard sits on his hind legs and places both forelegs on their abdomens.
>He then takes notice of you in the room.
>"Ah, your highness. Finally someone can settle this. Could you please quell them?!" he requests.
>You nod in agreement and trot over to them.
>You ask the first made what her reasoning is for her time off.
>"I just want to see my family you know, what with all this talk of murder I just want to be sure they know I care." she responds.
>You then ask the second what her pay is and how many hours she works.
>"Why I work night and day in this bleedin castle and I only get paid 500 gold! This is an outrage!" You feel this pony is being a little too snooty, even though she's just a maid she seems to exhibit an air of superiority. You would not mind her confidence if she were not being so rude.
>You decide to shut out her rantings and proceed to the third.
>"What is it you wish?" You ask of her.
>"I was actually looking to resign. Same reason she wants more time off..." she says as she points her hoof to the specific mare.
>"I'd rather be home with my husband as long as I can be than here where he could die and I wouldn't even know." she says.
>You're not sure what to think of this, perhaps you were right to dispatch the investigators, with everyone so afraid it's obvious this is an important matter...
>You feel nervous again.
>You look to the 3 mares then the guard.
>They look back at you making you feel even more bashful as they eagerly await your decree.
>What do you do?
>>
>>28355822
Ask 1 how much time she would like off and allow it. Tell 3 that she doesn't really need a king to accept her resignation, just go to her immediate superior. Tell 2 that she's lucky to have such a nice job. It wasn't long ago that we were only scraping by, selling clovers we grew at the market. It's our cutiemark in fact. A 3-leaf clover.
>>
>>28356065
>You inquire as to how many days she wants off.
>"Well, uh...You know just 4 days a week..." she says you can tell by her body language she thinks this is an outrageous request.
>"Accepted." you respond.
>She looks upon you with surprise.
>"T-thank you your highness." she says obviously joyful.
>You then tell 3 to go to a lower superior than the king for something like a resignation.
>she obliges and leaves the room.
>Finally you proceed to number 2.
>"You, you're lucky to have such a nice job! Before I had met the Queen I was scraping by selling clovers I grew myself at the market!" you state motioning to your cutie mark under your robe as you lift your cape just enough for it to be visible.
>She seems phased by that statement.
>She seems to be shocked.
>"I was not aware that the queen would associate with street urchins let alone marry one, and make it our king!" she states.
>You're beginning to be fed up with this mare.
>You have no idea what her major malfunction is but she's for sure getting on your nerves.
>How do you respond?

Anyway it's time for me to go to bed, feel free to leave comments criticism and of course actions in reply to this post. I will probably read them before I go to work in the morning but as always I will be back at around 5 PM. Tis the life of a wage cuck.

See you tomorrow.
>>
This was terribly handled. We should have asked other maids how much number two worked and then we would either decide to raise or lower her income.
also we could have negotiated better with the mare that wanted time off. Make it 3 days.
We could have offered the same thing to maid number 3. Instead of full out resigning just take some time off.
>>
>>28356231
You're fired.
>>
>>28356231
Wha-I wasn't a "street urchin!" Those are the bums, pickpockets, and foals that throw bottles at you because they think it's funny! I made an honest living!
>>
>>28356231
Wait, where we guards before we became the king? Or does
>>28354881
>worried talk amongst the guard
have nothing to do with us?
>>
>>28359248
I think we just now established we were a nobody the princess took a liking to.
>>
I think that was established earlier than this. >>28354957 Just no specifics.
>>
>>28360214
meant for >>28360098
>>
>>28357827
>>28358546
Back from the day of a wage cuck.
>"Wha-I wasn't a "street urchin!" Those are the bums, pickpockets, and foals that throw bottles at you because they think it's funny! I made an honest living!" you respond with confidence.

>"Selling 3 leaf clovers? Who the tartarus wants clovers anyway?!" she asks.

>You pause for a brief moment before deciding you've had enough.
>"I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on saturday." you respond bluntly.
>She makes a grumpy "Hmph!" before trotting out of the room.
>The guard pipes up "Well, that was. Interesting."
>Maid 1 speaks up "I don't like her, she's so pushy."
>Maid 3 adds "I swear she'd always steal my lunch when I wasn't looking!"
>The guard states "Now, now, you can gossip later, back to work."
>The maids bow and exit the room.
>The guard looks at the sun through the window.
>"Your highness, I believe it's almost time for the knighting. You had better get back to the throne room." He says.
>Oh god no, please not now...
>And you thought you had just built up enough courage.
>You trot back to the throne room doors.
>Inside you can hear those who have gathered and are waiting.
>Watching
>Judging.
>You remember back to your nightmare...
>What if you mess up? what if something goes wrong?

>You sit in the hall with your hoof on the throne room's doorknob unable to move, frozen by anxiety and fear...
>What do?
>>
>>28360706
shake your head and take a deep breath.
>>
>>28360706
Try not to mess up
Lie the sword on his shoulder
Mess Nothing up
>>
File: DAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
DAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
>>28360706
>I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on saturday.

SAVAGE
>>
>>28360728
>>28360730
>You shake your head and proceed to take deep breaths...
>Gods wheres a paper bag when you need it.
>You gather your courage and open the door.
>Inside is the Queen waiting for you, banners adorn the walls and several guards are present lining the room.
>The Queen says to you "Glad you could make it." quietly.
>You try your best not to sweat as the stallion to be knight opens the large double doors at the other end of the throne room and begins trotting up to the throne where you and the queen currently stand.
>Focus focus you got this.
>Before you know it the stallion is before you.
>Uh oh...
>It's time.
>The queen levitates you the sword to help you out a little.
>You take it shakily...
>Come on, come on!
>You lower the blade on his shoulder...
>You accidentally slice him.
>He trips down the stairs knocking over a guard who just happened to have a bucket of kerosene and another guard with a torch causing a chain reaction.
>The banners are set on fire and the throne room begins to burn-

I'm fucking with you.
>You shakily knight him.
>You try your best to hide your anxiety.
>You actually nearly injure him with your movements but luckily you pull it off without injury.
>The ceremony concludes and once everyone has left your wife the queen speaks with you.
>"My, that was quite brave of you dear! I think that was a good start." she says.
>"You really think so?" you reply.
>"Mhm" she responds cheerfully.
>"Just give yourself some time and a little faith." she adds.
>You feel a little more encouraged by her kind words.
>The rest of the day is quite uneventful.
>You help a little with a few other matters but it's mostly your Queen who does the work.
>You honestly don't mind but you know that will have to be you eventually.

>Nothing of particular note happens until you fall asleep that night...
(1/?)
>>
>>28361009
>For some reason you were quite restless.
>You wriggled and writhed under your blankets for what felt like hours before you finally fell asleep.

>But when you awoke, you were not in the castle.
>You couldn't figure out exactly where you were.

>But you saw the castle in the distance...
>It was in flames!
>Ponies ran in terror and screamed in the streets.
>You couldn't move, it seemed you were merely an observer to whatever this was.
>Suddenly a bright pillar of light emits from the castle as all the ponies turn around to gaze upon it before continuing to flee.
>What is going on-
>And like that you awaken in a cold sweat...
>The sun peering through the window on your face.
>What was that?...
>You're not sure whether to brush this off as a simple nightmare or something more.
>You did recall Magicae saying something about dreams being premonitions or maybe even visions of the past...
>But if this was either, which was it?
>You feel compelled to go back to bed but if you do you might forget what you witnessed.
>But at the same time it could just be nothing anyway.

>What action do you take?
>>
>>28360706
Damn, I'm too late. Clovers are good for eating for horses anyway. Probably made some decent bits since unlike fruits and vegetables they can't really be stored and transported and maintain that freshness.
>>
>>28361115
Cuddle your waif and go back to sleep, you'll try to remember that in the morning and talk with the magician anyway
>>
>>28361115
better write it down then go back to sleep. I'm assuming there is paper and something to write with nearby.
>>
>>28361115
What does our wife look like? What's her name? Can our name be Shamrock?
>>
>>28361214
I actually wanted to leave those up to the player's imagination but I guess if enough people request it I could.

>>28361156
>>28361160
>You decide to cuddle your wife and go back to sleep.
>You still had an hour or so before the duties began so perhaps you could salvage this.
>You think about writing it down, you manage to stay awake long enough to record it in your journal on your bed side stand.
>It may not be entirely accurate but you recorded it as best you could.
>in the morning you wake up with your wife beside you.
>the day goes on normally, you eat your royal breakfast.
>The entire time you feel like you're forgetting something...
>Something important.
>It's bothering you so much.
>What is it?

I need to stop wasting time.
>>
>>28361638
read your journal
see the wizard
>>
>>28361638
you woke up in the middle in the night after having a weird dream.
>>
>>28361638
Tell our wife about our dream.

>>28361638
I would like you to or at least help build a waifu.
>>
>>28361656
>>28361668
Sorry for the big delay, had to attend to something immediately. Let's get back on track.
>You suddenly spring up.
>The queen reacts "Uh, dear. Is something wrong?"
>You don't answer and you immediately travel bac to the bedroom and flip through your journal...
>You had almost forgotten to bring this strange dream to the attention of Magicae.
>You waste no time making your way to the library.
>He's always there.
>However upon reaching the library you find he...isn't there.
>Why isn't he here?
>Where is he?
>WHERE IS HE?!
>You feel someone enter the room behind you.
>You pivot around to see the Queen staring at you obviously noticing your distress.
>"Are you looking for Magicae dear?" she asks.
>"I have urgent business with him." you respond.
>"I apologize dear but, he isn't in at the moment. Apparently the Royal Investigators found something last night, Magicae said he wanted to go inspect it himself." she tells you.
>"When will he be back?!" You ask urgently.
>"I don't know, it might be a few minutes to a few hours..." she responds.
>"Why do you wish to see him so badly anyway? You've never been too interested in that wizard stuff before." she states.
>"I, I had a dream." you respond.
>"A dream? What sort of dream." she asks.
>"Well maybe a nightmare would be more appropriate?" You reply.
>"Tell me all about it." she says firmly.
>You spend the next minutes explaining the dream based off of your journal's recollection...
>She seems stunned by the time you're done.
>"Are you sure that's what you saw?!" she asks.
>You nod in agreement.
>"Perhaps you should tell Magicae about this then... I fear this may be more than just a mere dream love." she tells you.
>"I need to see him, ASAP." you tell her.
>"Unfortunately I don't know exactly where he is right now, the investigators have yet to submit their full report as Magicae has probably stalled them by extending the investigation." she says.
(continued in next post)
>>
>>28362258
>"Is there any way I could speak to him... like, now?" you ask.
>"Your best bet would be to just go find them. A crime scene that's already been covered isn't exactly hard to find dear. But are you sure you need to see him now?" she asks.
>"Yes, right now." You respond.
>"Well good luck, last I heard it's somewhere on the east district." she says.
>You thank her and leave the castle to go find the scene.

>Sure enough it doesn't take long before you find a place swarmed with guards keeping ponies out.
>Thankfully being the king they let you in without much of a fight.
>Many question why the king is here but eventually you find Magicae who emerges from a building the guards seem to be particularly keen on keeping people out of.
>"Your highness, what are you doing here?" he asks as he spots you.
>What do we say?
>>
>>28362404
There is something that I would like to discuss with you privately. Then we can tell him about our dream that we're just itching to know about.
>>
>>28362443
>"I need to discuss something with you. Privately..." you utter.
>"I can tell by that look in your eyes, it's serious is it not?" he asks.
>"I don't know, I was hoping you could tell me." you answer.
>"I wish you had picked a better time though, what with all this madness." he says.
>"What madness?" you ask.
>"Remember what I said earlier? About this being bigger than it seems? The pieces are coming together, everything is connecting. It seems my fears have come true. They do infact seek to resurrect...him." he says but mutters "him" under his breath.
>"Who?" you ask.
>He refuses to look you in the eye as he speaks these words.
>"Equus Malum."

>The guards around you freeze and stare...

>What do?
>>
>>28362570
We must begin preparations for his return if we can not stop them then.
>>
>>28362570
Come, let me tell you why I come here.
>>
Sorry for the shortness of the game tonight but I had to deal with some important things. Life comes before CYOA sadly.

As always I will continue at the usual time tomorrow.
>>
>>28363877
>Life comes before CYOA sadly

That's liek teh very definitio of being a pleb

JK, take your time friend. I know what it's like
>>
>>28362570
Quick! Head for the countriside and find the lousiest happy-go-lucky teen you can find, he's surely the hero who can save us!

More seriously, refresh your memory about the previous coming of the dark lord, and try to find elements about his cult and how he was defeated
>>
page 10 bump
>>
>>28364614
Figured I'd respond while on break from my shitty phone.

Yeah I won't lie, I do feel like it's affecting my writing too then again i've never been a strong writer but i'm trying my best. Hopefully this hasn't been too unbearable.
>>
>>28366539
You're doing fine so far. Thought everything seems just a little plain. I'm not sure, maybe I'd like to acually know the wizard and the QUeen a little better before having to fight the dark lord.

But it's pobably because things haven't really started yet. Just keep it up for now.
>>
time to bump at 10.
>>
quick board today.
>>
>>28362655
>>28363229
>>28365049
Back.

>"I believe I had a dream, that may be related to this." you tell him.
>"You what?! Hmmm, then it seems time is shorter than I thought. Tell me all about it." he says.
>He leads you into a back alley where nopony is while the guards keep anyone from entering with you.
>You then explain the events of your dream to Magicae or atleast to the best of your recording which hopefully isn't as inaccurate as you think.
>Then again you frequently doubt yourself.

>"Hmm." he utters as he strokes his beard with a hoof.
>"Troubling indeed, and that dream occurred on the same night we discovered their lair...However as you can see from the guard presence we've already combed over it. They evacuated before we could catch them. They did leave behind a few key things however. Now we know their intent." he says.
>"What is their intent?" you ask sheepishly.
>"Well...you see, they require a blood sacrifice to finish the resurrection. Simple as that. A single drop of blood and one of the most powerful beings could be brought back into existence. But, not just any kind of blood... they require the blood of royalty." he says.
>You are quickly frightened by this revelation.
>"So does that mean..." you begin to say before he cuts you off.
>"Indeed, the queen is in danger. I want you to return to the castle now and tell them to double the guards, double the weapons, double everything. And to not let anyone see the queen until we have the situation under control." he says.
>"How long?" you ask
>"Until we can find them, I can only hope they haven't gotten too close already." he mutters.
>"What's that supposed to mean?" You ask.
>"Nevermind, just go!" he responds.
>"But, Magicae-" you begin before he cuts you off yet again.
>"Let me handle tracking these cultists down. Just get to the castle and make sure the queen is alright!" he urges you.
>"Alright. I will." you respond.
Continued in next post.
Fucking text limit.
>>
>>28368574
>"But, I must know, before I go." you say.
>"Alright, make it quick." magicae responds.
>"What of the other killings? If all they need is the blood of Maredite royalty, why all this?" you ask.
>"Simple, while not necessary sacrifices grant him power. And the more sacrifices they make before completing the resurrection, the more powerful he will be upon rising." he says.
>"How many?" you ask
>"Hm?" magicae responds.
>"How many did they sacrifice?" you ask.
>"Hard to determine. About...31? And those are just the bodies they didn't dispose of..." he replies.
>You stomach drops as this.
>"How?" you ask.
>"Evil takes many forms in many places your highness. They undoubtedly have agents all over the kingdom. To think not would be foolish." he responds.
>Having your questions answered you then begin your way back to the castle as fast as you can.
>You slam the grand entrance door behind you and lock it.
>You call an emergency meeting in hopes of gathering everyone up.
>Eventually everyone meets in the grand hall, the queen being the first to arrive.
>With everyone present it would be a bit easier to quickly explain.
>Your Queen asks fearfully "Whats the rush? What's going on?"
>You then explain the situation...
>She seems to be afraid, not as much as you but you can still tell by the look in her eyes she's frightened though she tries to hide it.
>"Right, double the guard it is..." she says
>Eventually the castle is covered with guards combing over the palace making sure there are no intruders.
>Eventually night falls and things calm down but the place is still more guarded than usual this night.
>Usually you're the one needing the comforting but tonight you try your best to assure your beloved it's gonna be fine...
>You can tell she doubts you.

>"Why are you so afraid anyway?" You ask her.
>"Dear...Have I ever told you the tale of Equus Malum?" she asks.
>You pause for a moment...
>"Tell me. I wish to know." you respond.
Continued in next post.
>>
File: Edgy Shadow Pony.jpg (70KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
Edgy Shadow Pony.jpg
70KB, 894x894px
>>28368690
The Queen is the narrator for this post unless specified.
>Some think this is just a legend. Nothing but a story passed down merely to inspire the youth.
>But this is no story. Every word I am about to impart on you, is true.
>It all started 5000 years ago.
>Back when our kingdom was young, but still mighty and prosperous.
>It all began with the "Tenebrosi Domini"...You know them as "Dark Lords".
>The Tenebrosi were dark ponies, wielders of forbidden magic, fueled by anger and hatred.
>They fed off of the ponies negativity.
>Anger...hatred, fear, even sorrow.
>It gave them strength.
>And so they enslaved us, brought darkness upon us in an attempt to gain as much power as possible.
>Even the Wizards of the land were brought to their knees by the might the Tenebrosi wielded.
>Until one day, a hero rose amongst the ponies.
>Wielding a sword, imbued with the power of light.
>He vanquished the Tenebrosi from our land.
>However their Leader Equus Malum didn't go down without a fight.
>He fought long and hard against the hero, but it was for naught.
>Even his power could not last forever, and with the people freed by the hero's efforts he was weakened enough to be killed.
>And so the hero had slain him.
>However Equus could never be truly destroyed, his soul merely returned to the void with the rest of the Tenebrosi.
>Waiting for the day the darkness of ponies would grant him enough strength to return...
>We had hoped that day would not come.
>But it seems it is approaching rapidly.
>That is why the prosperity of the kingdom is so vital.
>If the ponies were to be unhappy, that unhappiness would feed him. Heal him.
>Until eventually he would gain enough power to return to our realm...
>Now you understand the importance of our positions.

>But there is more to this story.
>The sword, wielded by the hero.
To be continued in next post.
>>
>>28368912
>You interrupt her for a moment.
>"Why the sacrifices then?" you ask.
>"One cannot simply perform a ritual and not meet the requirements dear. Why do you think they committed all those vile acts? They were harvesting the darkness, so that the ritual would be a success... But enough with that, i'm not finished..." She says as she resumes.

>Now, where was I.
>Oh yes, the sword.
>See here's the thing, the sword was no ordinary sword.
>It is fueled by emotions, that is why with the combined power of the ponies the hero was able to defeat Equus.
>If not for the support of the people it would have been nothing more than an ordinary piece of steel.
>But, as the sword yields to emotions.
>One can only imagine the destruction it could bring in the hands of the wrong pony, or a Tenebrosi.
>And so it was hidden away, where no one may find it.
>In preparation for the day Equus may return.
>However to ensure it's safety it was not only locked away, but hidden behind 3 locks.
>The gates that hide the sword, require 3 keys, no more. No less to yield.
>However no one knows where these gates are, nor the keys...
>Except for us, these secrets are only imparted upon us, and the court wizard of this land.
Queen Narration ends here.
>"I want you to promise me this, if anything should happen to me. Go to Magicae, immediately. He should be able to set you on the path of finding the keys." she says.
>You don't even want to think about that possibility.
>"And now you know..." she says solemnly.

>Is there anything else we'd like to know?

Hope you liked this giant exposition dump, I figured if we're going to sit around we may as well sit around and lore build.
>>
>>28369024
So for now the best thing we can do is make ponies happy.
Put your hoof on your wife's and tell her we're not going to let anything happen to her.
>>
>>28369024
Then we must start something to keep the people happy in this troubled time.

How about a big food festival with a pastry contest where anyone can apply and we both would be the judges (If tehre's a safe way to check for poison) and the winner gets to be the royal baker for the next year?
>>
>>28368912
Guys, what if we invaded the Tenebrosi's land and they were just defending ourselves?

WHAT IF KING IS BAD GUY
>>
>>28369365
Then that would mean we're american

And these damn natives are tresspassing on our property
>>
>>28369365
>Ourselves.
Malum plz go.

>>28369058
>>28369092
>You place your hoof on hers.
>"Nothing is going to happen, alright. I'm sure Magicae has this under control." you tell her.
>She sighs in relief.
>"You're right, forgive me for being so foolish. I was just...Nevermind." she says
>"Why don't we throw a festival or something? Just to calm everyone down, maybe even a baking contest? We could get a few judges together, it'd be fun!" you tell her.
>"I suppose... I guess it's really all we can do until Magicae finds them." she responds.
>"Besides, all this worrying is just helping them isn't it?" you ask her.
>"Oh right, of course." she replies.
>"Worrying will not help, let's just try and raise the spirits tomorrow. Alright?" you ask her.
>"Of course. Now why don't we get some sleep." she states.
>"But of course." You respond as you both close your eyes.

Continued in next post.

Decided i'd give you what I had now before taking way too long to write the next part.
>>
You know what always make the people of a kingdom happy?

A royal baby
>>
>>28369486
>Tfw can't write smut for shit.

Trust me, it'd be disappointing.
>>
>>28369505
you don't have to write the actual sex scene if you don't think you can, but he is right in bringing up the idea of having a baby with our wife. if she wants it then you can always have a scene where we kiss and the screen fades to black.
>>
>>28369442
>The very next day you found yourselves organizing a festival to raise some spirits.
>You put the news out about the contest as well calling bakers from around the kingdom.
>Of course you got a few volunteer judges along with yourselves because if it were just you 2 it'd be obviously biased.
>However throughout all the preparations, something seems off.
>You can't place your hoof on it...
>But nevertheless you continue on.
>Ponies prepare for the festival as well.
>Merchants come to the capitol upon hearing the news.
>Things seems to be shaping up.

>But then it hits you.
>You haven't seen Magicae all day, nor did you last night either.
>The Royal Investigators have not reported in since you spoke to Magicae yesterday...
>But at the same time it'd be rude and might even jeopardize things if you just left.
>But if you do leave and Magicae is in actual danger than it'd be about the same amount of danger as not abandoning ship...
>Although he may be able to handle himself, Assuming he even is in danger.
>He may be old but he was made court wizard for a reason.

>What do?
>>
>>28369758
That took longer than it should have, but atleast i'm thinking it out instead of just shoving them out as fast as I can without a second thought.
>>
>>28369758
I say we look for him. There is too much at stake. Make sure Queen I'm just going to throw down a random name right now to vote on Astral Glow is well guarded before excusing ourselves to "official business" to find Magicae.
>>
>>28369877
That sounds fine, I could start using it as long as nobody else objects.

>You elect to go find Magicae as too much is at stake.
>You tell the guards to keep an eye on the Queen for you and excuse yourself on "official business"
>She seems worried by this but you promise her you won't take long.

>You head back to the lair from yesterday to find it seemingly condemned and abandoned.

>You decide to ask around the area to see if anyone saw where they went next.

>Eventually one pony has an answer.
>You follow their directions to what seems to be an opened sewer grate...
>So they went underground...

>You ponder whether to go down after them or not.
>What do?
>>
>>28370070
Hm... I think that it might be good idea to send a few guards down there. Not like we can be for much help if they ran into serious trouble. Let's go back and tell any guard we see on the way to check out the sewers.
>>
>>28370070
i really don't care too much
We're not going down there alone.
>>
>>28370107
>>28370176

Welp decide time, since we can't not go or go with help at the same time let's just do this.

Like before the number of THIS POST YOU'RE READING will determine the outcome.

1 to 4 we send the guards down and return to the festival. 5 to 9 we go down there with some guards.
0 the first reply decides what to do next.
>>
It's thunder storming here, joy. So I better push a few posts out before my power inevitably goes down.

>>28370221
>You decide it'd be best to just alert some guards to check the sewers.
>It's not like you really know how to fight or anything, you'd probably just end up getting in the way.

>You return to the festival making sure to send a squad of guards down to investigate the sewers for Magicae and the RI's whereabouts.

>Astral seems to be fine, you weren't gone long enough for anything dire to happen anyway.

>Let alone with all these guards around it'd be insane to try anything.

>Maybe having the queen out in public was a better idea than you thought.

>With all these eyes it'd be much harder for anyone to abscond with her.

>You resume overseeing the festival.

>Eventually it's almost time for the contest, still no Magicae.

>You begin to worry but it's too late to run off now.

>The contest was nigh.

Continued in next post.
>>
>>28370429
>The prize, was to be the royal baker.

>Naturally bakers flocked for this opportunity.

>A trial was set up to narrow things down.

>10 make it into the true competition.

>This is where you and the judges come on.

>You, Astral, an earthpony, a pegasus, and a unicorn.

I was too uncreative to name them...Fuck.

>The contest truly begins now.

>The first contestant is a unicorn with a very noticeable mustache name "Fresh Delight" I've made a mistake.
>His entry is a cake, adorned with white and yellow frosting.
>Each judge gets a slice.
>Each judge takes a bite of said slice.

>Delight eagerly waits your judgement.

>The earthpony takes his bite.
>"Tastes good to me. 10."

>The pegasus tastes it.
>"Eh, I feel the frosting is a little too thick. But passable. 4"

>The unicorn takes her bite.
>"Blech, and you call this a cake? 0."
>Always have to have that one stuck up judge that's never satisfied.

>Finally the queen takes her bite.
>"Marvelous. 8."

>Now it is your turn.
>You take your bite.
>Delight is visibly sweating as he waits on your judgement.

>What do we think?
>>
Writer's block is a bitch.
>>
>>28370693
He gets a 7. The cake is moist and the frosting is even.
>>
>>28370693
I somewhat agree with [INSERT PEGASUS' JUDGE NAME], but luckily I enjoy frosting. The cake us good but presentation is really lacking. 6.
>>
On the fence about continuing completely through the competition or just skimming/skipping it a bit since it's mostly going to be the same thing anyway.

And 10 times? That oughta be boring.

What do you guys think?

http://www.strawpoll.me/11185274
>>
>>28370993
since we can't actually eat the food just skip the competition. roll a 10 sided die online (just google it) nine times to get an idea of how the food tasted for us.
>>
>>28371022
This.
We can't exactly judge a cake we can't eat.
>>
Sorry life got in the way again but before I go to bed I will leave you with one more post.

Because after a delay like that you deserve it.

>>28370732
>>28370777
>The contest goes unhindered and eventually 1 lucky mare named uhh...Pâtisserie wins? You have a feeling you're going to be saying her name wrong a majority of the time.
>The new royal chef selected the two runners up get a massive gold prize.
>Not that Pâtisserie didn't get some gold too but still.
>The festival eventually draws to a close.

>It really did seem to raise morale, you and Astral enjoyed yourselves.
>That night you both climb into bed and talk about the day.
>Eventually you finally attempt to fall asleep.

>You are then awakened by a voice.
>"Your highness? This is Magicae, I need you to come to the courtyard. Now, tell no one. This is an important matter, but I do not wish to alarm more than necessary."

To be continued.

>>28371022
>>28371458
It was mostly just an opportunity to do something stupid for keks.

You know the drill, friday is a bitch I'll be back around 5 ect, ect.
>>
why can't you just tell me here and now?
>>
i hope it's actually him and not some creepy pony wearing his skin.
>>
have a bump from page 10
>>
nearing page 10.
>>
>>28371486
>"Where are you?" You ask.
>"In the courtyard waiting." magicae replies.
>"How are you talking to me then?" you ask.
>"Magic" he responds.
>"Fine, i'm on my way." you reply climbing out of bed trying not to awaken your wife.
>You have the forethought to ask a guard to watch the bedroom door while you're gone.
>Then again he probably should have been there to begin with, since you're not exactly a fighter.
>You proceed through the halls to the courtyard dodging any questions that may be asked about where you're going and why.
>Eventually you find yourself before the fountain in the courtyard and magicae standing next to it.
>"Your highness, i'm glad you could make it." he states.
>You rub an eye with your hoof "What is it Magicae, what is so important I had to come down here at 2 AM?" you ask.
>"We have a big problem." he says.
>"What sort of problem?" you ask.
>"We have a spy amongst us." he says grimly
>You freeze for a moment.
>"A-a spy?" you ask shakily.
>"Indeed, after interrogating a few of the cultists we captured in the sewers they let it slip that they have a member working here at the castle. Completely undiscovered as of yet." he tells you.
>"Then we need to go on alert now-" you begin but he cuts off your statement.
>"No, this spy needs to be rooted out discreetly. If we go on a witch hunt he'll most likely run for it. It'll be easier to find him with him not aware of us searching for him. Don't worry, only you, I and the royal investigators know of this." he says.
>"What about the Queen?" you ask.
>"It would be best if she didn't know. She is already fearful as it is, we don't need more stress upon her. Besides we have this. We're sure it's only one, we can handle 1 little spy." he assures you.
>"Do we have any idea who it is? Like, I don't know... position?" you ask him.
>"Unfortunately, no. but I have reason to believe it's a servant." he says.

>Continued in next post cause text limit.
>>
>>28376470
>"How?" You ask
>"It's simple, they've only infiltrated us recently. Obviously they wouldn't have enough time to reach a high ranking position if that were the case. Servant seems most likely, but it could be a guard as well. The servant seems most likely however given their minimal requirements for hire." he says.

>"Well, what can we do?" you ask.

>"All we can truly do for the time being is be on high alert without letting them catch wind. Pay close attention to the actions of those around you. Report anything suspicious to me or the investigators." He replies.

>"There has to be a better way." you say

>"There is, we're already attempting to track down more cultists to see if any of them hold the identity of our spy." he responds

>"What if he already knows we're looking for him?" you ask.

>"Oh, that's another thing. It could be a mare as well. But if so, we'll simply have to be extra vigilant." he states.

>You sigh, frustrated. "So that's it then?" you ask.

>"Unfortunately this is the best we can do until we find more information. Return to bed for now, don't worry. I shall handle this." he says.

>You grunt
>"I hope so." you then make the long trek back to your bedroom.
>You return to find the guard gone...
>However upon entering the room the queen seems to be untouched.
>Did someone snatch the guard away and kill him?!
>No, of course not.
>Don't be so silly.
>You slap yourself attempting to bring yourself away from such thoughts.
>You climb back into bed.
>As you lie there in bed next to your beloved Astral...
>You begin to wonder just how you're going to hide this from her.
>It didn't feel right, but at the same time...
>What if she freaks out and blows the whole thing?...
>She is your wife after all, it just doesn't feel right keeping secrets from her but. If it's for the greater good it might be worth it.

>What do you do?

>Tell Astral Light in the morning?
>Do not tell?
>>
>>28376643
I hate to but I say not to tell her. Poor thing is already burdend as she is. Let's make it a point to stay with her tomorrow or however long it takes.
>>
>>28376643
It was recommended by our adviser to keep it a secret and she would be better of not knowing. So keep it a secret. That guard must be reprimanded.
>>
>>28376774
Calling it now the guard is the spy.

Force him to scrub all the floors in maredite then we can talk about mercy.
>>
>>28376857
Let's not jump the gun here.
>>
File: KingFloors.jpg (34KB, 479x351px) Image search: [Google]
KingFloors.jpg
34KB, 479x351px
>>28376996
Enough, take him away!
>>
>>28376727
>>28376774
Sorry that I do take so long, it's a bit hard to plan things out, as well as accounting for player actions as well. But I try my best.

>You decide it's for the best, Magicae The Magical himself said it'd be best not to.
>You elect that tomorrow you will stay with her as long as you could.
>It was the least you could do.
>You cuddle with Astral until you both fall alseep...

>You see what appears to be a cave entrance...
>The frame of the cave covered in runes you can not understand.
>They exhibit a strange glow.
>You want to place your hoof on them but...something is drawing you into the cave.
>You feel compelled to enter.
>As you step in several etchings that seem slightly blurred appear.
>You cannot make them out.
>It is then at the end of the cave you see a strange light.
>You sprint towards it.
>Just as you meet the light's glow you wake up.

>You gaze around your bedroom in confusion for a moment before realizing it was a dream.
>Atleast you didn't see the city on fire again.
>You record the dream although unsure why as it wasn't anything like the city burning.
>But you have a feeling it means something...for another time.
>You fall back asleep.
>You are not met with another dream this time.
>Just sleep.
>In the morning the light creeps in from the window.
>Luckily Astral is still sleeping next to you.
>Despite being awake now you decide to stay with her anyway until she woke up too.
>Eventually she stretches and yawns before uttering "Morning, dear."
>You reply "Morning, honey."
>The day proceeds as usual, you both get dressed.
>You then find yourselves at the royal dining table ready for breakfast.

>A maid comes in from the kitchen carrying your plate.
>She places it in-front of you.
>You have a very strange eye lock for a moment before she turns around and walks back into the kitchen slightly faster than normal.
>Well, that was weird.
>A different maid brings out the Queen's breakfast.
To be continued in next post.
>>
>>28377294
>You both finish and proceed to leave to attend to royal duties.
>It's only then you realize the maid never came out of the kitchen...

>You ask Pâtisserie about it but she seems to have no clue who you're even talking about.
>You make a mental note to keep an eye out for that maid.

>Later on in the day, walking through the halls with your Queen you run into the stuck up bitchy maid from a few days ago.
>"What's the big idea?!" she demands angrily.
>"Um, I'm sorry, is there a problem miss?" Astral asks her.
>"Yeah there's a problem, that clumsy new maid! All she does is drop things, knock vases over and back the lives of the rest of us harder! I demand she be fired!" she says loudly.
>Oh boy this bitch again.
>Clumsy new maid?
>You don't think she means...

>Whatever, how should we handle this?
>>
>>28377469
>Back
Supposed to be
>Make
but okay.
>>
>>28377469
Does this maid have a name? Do you know who hired her to work here? What does she look like? The color of her mane and coat?

She could just be nervous and fucking up and an innocent but we should be sure. We will give her a stern talking to and if she makes another mistake then she's out.
>>
>>28377501
>You ask her her name, who hired her, as well as the color of her mane and coat.
>"Fine then mister specific." she responds.
>"I'm talkin about the one that's yay high" she says placing her hoof at a height about the same as her own.
>"As for who hired her, how the bleeding hell should I know? Ask the head of servants whoever that is right now." she says frustrated.
>"As for that ugly little thing her mane was this ugly shit brown, and I'd say her coat was like dry desert sand!" she says.

>"And on top of all that I never bothered to learn her name! Why bother when she can't do anything right!" she finally finishes and then takes an exaggerated breath.

>"Oh my, you sure have a mouth on you." Astral remarks.
>"Perhaps this mare is simply nervous, maybe if people like you weren't so hard on her she could overcome her anxiety." she says firmly.
>"But I do understand if she is too much of a problem to bear... But I'd like to see for myself rather than take your word for it." she states.

>"I would also like to see this mare for myself. Mostly because I also do not trust your word." you add.

>"Good luck with that, she's so embarrassing she literally goes and hides until someone calls for her. Nobody knows where she goes when she isn't busy!" the angry maid says.

>Well shit.
>How do we go about this?
>>
>>28377565
Simply report it to Magicae. Tell Astral that we're going to "ask Magicae about a spell we read about."

Seriously, can our name be Shamrock? Though they've been having us go by "King Clover" during kingly duties. That and King Sham doesn't sound well to the uppity types.
>>
>>28377565
who usually calls for her? we can ask for her name there. we can also set up a small ambush.
>>
>>28377634
Sure, that's fine.

>>28377640
>"Who usually calls for her?" you ask.
>"The head of servants of course, who else? He calls us usually when you two or a guard doesn't need a mess cleaned up." she responds
>"Well, we'll go ask for her name from him then." you state.
>You look around until you eventually find the servant master.
>A proud looking stallion with a dignified mustache wearing a variation of a butler suit with a badge announcing his position as head of servants.

>He speaks with a dignified accent.
>"Ah, your highnesses, how may I help you today?" he asks.
>"We're looking to speak with one of the maids." Astral states.
>You then proceed to describe her as the angry maid described.
>"Strange, I do not recall seeing such a maid around here. Forgive me, it's not like me to falter in my records like this. Who, reported her to you again?" he asks.

>You're dumbstruck by this.
>Just who is this mare and why does it seem nobody knows who she is?

>"Uhh, the really angry uptight one?" you respond.

>"Ah yes, her Petunia Petal. I always hear these stories of her mouthing off to everyone but she's never once done so in my presence." he states.

>"Right well, Astral, dear why don't you try and figure out who this mare is with...uhhh" you stop realizing you never learned the head of servant's name.

>"Titulaire des fonctionnaires. It's no trouble your highness." he responds.

>"Well yeah uhhh i'll just call you Lairey for short. Anyway why don't you and Lairey here figure out who that maid is. I need to go ask Magicae about a spell I heard of." You say.

>"Is now really the time dear?" she asks.

>"Sorry love but I have to. I'll be right back." you respond.

>The second the door clicks shut you dash to the library.

>Magicae is there as always flipping through his books.

>Atleast that seems to be back to normal.

>You approach.

>He looks up at you.

>"Ah, I can see by that look something is wrong." he states.
Continued in next post.
>>
File: 1471976702797.jpg (2MB, 1331x981px) Image search: [Google]
1471976702797.jpg
2MB, 1331x981px
>>28378034
>"There's this strange maid around." you tell him.
>"A strange maid? Perhaps I was correct after all... Tell me about her." he requests.

>You then describe what had just happened along with the maid herself.

>"Hmm, I too have never seen this maid either. And you're saying she just showed up?" he asks.

>"Yeah, I actually haven't seen her since she bought me my breakfast." you tell him I forgot to say it was the same mare, fuck.

>"This is troublesome indeed." he says stroking his beard.
>"A servant who appears and disappears at a moments notice. I fear their spy may be more than just a mare masquerading as a servant your highness." he continues.

>"What do you mean?" you ask him.

>"Tell me your highness...Have you ever heard of a Changeling before?" he asks.

>"N-no. I mean Yes? A little? All I know is they come from the land of Equestria." you respond.

>"Indeed, however there have been a few defectors over the years. These rebels would usually work for ponies in exchange for either coin or power." he says.

>"But, the Tenebrosi's goals-" you begin but Magicae begins to speak before you finish.

>"They intend to enslave us your highness. They most likely intend to steal energy from us directly. They can feed off of the love and positive emotions we emit. But there is a more direct way of taking the love straight from one's heart. That's why you should never get too close to one. Basically, you don't need to be willing for them to devour you." he says.

>"I see. But do you really think she's a changeling?" you ask

>"If she isn't she's a surprisingly good escape artist. Though "it" would be more appropriate." he says

>"Is there anything we can do?" you ask.

>"We need to find a way to lure it into the open." he says.

>"Any ideas?" he asks
>"You are the king" he adds.

>What do we do?

for the record this is all based off of this one image so please don't kill me.
>>
>>28378165
break a pot and then summon them to clean it up while there are guards "passing" by and then capture them? maybe we'll just see them in the morning again?
>>
>>28378255
>You devise a plan.
>A pretty simple one but a plan nonetheless.
>You will break a pot and make it look like an accident, then call the servants to clean it up while guards are passing by and if the mare you're looking for shows up, capture them.

>If all else fails maybe you'll see her tomorrow.

>"Is that it? Hm, that sounds simple enough to work." he says.
>"Well, get to it then your highness. The faster we catch this intruder the better." he tells you.

>And how right Magicae was.

>You proceed back to the Queen with Lairey to find...The mare?!

>"Oh, i'm so sorry sir. It's just i'm working for royalty now and i'm trying so hard not to be nervous but... it's hard!" she says in her defense.

>"And that Petunia putting pressure on me so much isn't helping..." she says sadly.

>"Don't worry mademoiselle, I'll speak to her about it. I've been meaning to investigate all these rumors of her rudeness for some time now anyway." Titulaire tells her.

>"What is going on in here?" you ask them

>Astral responds first. "Ah, dear we have the name of our mystery servant. Mimosa, Mimosa Pudica." she says.

>"Indeed, I apologize about earlier. Turns out I DO recognize her. But there are so many servants it's a bit hard to keep track of them all." Titulaire tells you.

>Now you're even more confused...
>Is she actually legit or was this all just a big misunderstanding?

>What is going on?!
>>
>>28378678
We just have to probe a little. Ask what exactly it is she's nervous about so that we can fix it and she can perform better. Perhaps working at the castle isn't for her and she can find another job?
>>
>>28378755
That works.
>>
>>28378755
>"Why are you so nervous anyway?" You ask her.

>"Sorry, it's just how I've always been. I don't deal well with stress you see. I usually do better than this, but I haven't really had enough time to get used to it. And all the needless pressure SHE keeps putting on me definitely is not helping my nerves..." she says
>"So you're saying it's mostly Petunia impeding you." you ask her.
>"I guess? I mean I don't want to get her fired but at the same time she is kind of mean." she says.
>"Say no more mademoiselle I will speak to her immediately." Titulaire says as he immediately
>"PETUNIA PETAL." he shouts at the top of his lungs.

>She rushes in quickly nearly breaking the door down.
>"YES SIR?!" she asks.

>"Is it true that you're being needlessly rude to this new servant?!" Titulaire asks in a stern tone.

>"N-no? Y-yes? M-m-m-maybe?!" Petunia responds shakily, she is visibly sweating already.

>"I don't mind you reminding the servants to always do their best, but there needs to be a line here Petunia. I keep hearing everyone talking about how rude you seem. Yet whenever I speak to you, you act as if it's all lies. Why is this?" he asks Titulaire

>"...I-I can explain!" Petunia assures.

>"Then get to it!" Titulaire exclaims

>"I-I...uhhh well....." she exhales.
>"I'm sorry."

>"What?" Mimosa asks.

>"I'm sorry, for being so needlessly pushy Ms.Mimosa." Petunia says firmly.

>"That's more like it." Titulaire states sternly.

>"Now, are you okay to get back to work mademoiselle?" Titulaire asks her calmly.

>"I-I think so..." Mimosa responds.

>"Good." Titulaire replies.

>Well now that that's sorted out...
>We're still not sure if she's actually the spy or if we're looking for a completely different mare or stallion altogether.
>>
>>28378984
Okay wow, and I fucked up my correction.

I'll just say it simply that when Titulaire asks "Why is this" it's supposed to say Titulaire asks.

But I fucked it up somehow.
>>
>>28378984
We just need to keep an eye on her and track her movements. We also have a name so that's something at least.
>>
>>28378984
Discreetly go to call off that trap by Magicae.
>>
What if Magicae is the changeling?

>Implying OP even thought of that.
>>
>>28379254
why would a spy tell us there is a spy in the castle? It would seem there is more for him to lose then just keeping quiet.
>>
>>28379358
What better way to make people not suspect you then convincing them someone ELSE is the spy?
>>
>>28379027
>>28379160
>You excuse yourself for a moment.
>You return to the library.

>"Her name is Mimosa...though i'm not convinced she isn't the spy yet, let's not do something as rash as a trap yet. Let's just observe her for now." you tell magicae.

>"Hmmm. Well understandable, I was merely jumping to conclusions too quickly. Changelings. Heh. But at the same time, she could still be a threat if she IS the spy, changeling or not." Magicae Assures.

>"And that's exactly why we're going to watch her." you tell him

>To be continued.

Unfortunately it's late and I need some sleep, but luckily for you i'm off tomorrow so I'll be able to resume whenever I wake up instead of 5 PM.

So, enjoy that I guess. Good night.
Like I said feedback and criticism is appreciated.

>>28379254
fuck.
>>
bumping from 10!
>>
Please stop whining in your posts

It's like I'm watching a movie but an annoying buddy of mine wouldn't stop pointing out minor details that could be better

So try to keep the meta talking for the end of the session or cyoag
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.