[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miracle CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: Title Card 003.png (84KB, 748x970px) Image search: [Google]
Title Card 003.png
84KB, 748x970px
Catch up at: https://www.anonpone.com/miracle/
Or if you want a quick start, read the char list: https://qt.catbox.moe/3c98e8
INV:
>AJ: Crystal ball, Hat (Worn), Humorous cow statuette, Cross necklace, Strange cross amulet, Peaches, Locked box, Whiskey, Keys
>Mirria: Cape (Worn), 1 pen, Binoculars (Worn), Ankh necklace (Worn), paper
>Rarity: Mask (Worn), key.

Objectives:
- Reach the top of the tower.
- Get Rubicon a new body or repair
- -Get Sabrina to make it or find the schematics to do it ourselves
-- Try to find out what's wrong with Applejack
>>
>>28282636
"Applejack?" Asks Rarity, putting a hoof over her back, "What's wrong?"
I hit Sabrina savagely in the head, knocking her unconscious. I always hope to not have to do such things, but...
With a shake of my head I trot to Applejack, worry setting in my gut at the sight of her quick paling.
"It's... My head hurts," She closes her eyes and stops for a moment, "I shouldn't be... Rares? What..." She falls to incoherent mumbling, her eyes unfocused.
I touch her face with the tip of my wing, but that doesn't elicit and response.
I extend my wings and fly out of the room without bothering with an explanation, not wanting to waste time. Soon, I find Ludwig in the depths of the engine and take her to Applejack.
"Wha--" Ludwig looks around until her eyes fall on the earth pony, "What is going on with her?"
I push her onto Applejack emphatically. That seems to take the point across.
"Oh, let me..." Her horn alights, and she begins humming. She looks at her eyes, then inside her mouth, then pokes her horn in the back of Applejack's head strongly enough to draw a drop of blood.
"I thought so..." She casts another battery of spells in Applejack, "This should stabilize her, but there's a spell acting up in her. I don't know if I should praise or chastise Applejack."
"Whyever?" Rarity cleans the drop of blood distractedly with telekinesis. "What is she doing?"
"The spell really doesn't want her to do something. Her will is strong enough that she's practically tearing herself apart trying to do it anyway."
>>
File: 365.png (105KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
365.png
105KB, 1500x1500px
>>28353329
FUCK
>>
oh geez what happened
>>
>>28353329
Can you remove it? Odds are it was cast by a crazed purple unicorn. And if you can't remove it can you at least lessen it, supress it, or modify it?
>>
File: 366.png (118KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
366.png
118KB, 1500x1500px
>>28354990
Rarity talks before I can begin writing, "What!? Can you take it out?"
"I don't think so, but I'll try." She closes her eyes and her horn alights, sparks flowing out of the usual magical aura around it.
We await in silence, me and Rarity standing closer the longer we wait.
"Hrm." Ludwig opens her eyes. "Whoever it was bruteforced their way past the usual barriers ponies have." She pauses, "Rarity, how strong are you magically? How much weight can you lift comfortably?"
"About thirty kilograms?" She says, glancing to the walls around us, "But this place does seem to not like magic much."
"It'll have to suffice, care to share it?"
"Oh? Oh, yes," Rarity's horn alights, and her magic mixes with Ludwig's, "I don't know about your time but these days, hah, that's something of an odd question to make. I've only ever shared magic with family and very good friends. People could misinterpret you."
"I am aware of that, but I don't care much about delicacies right now." Her horn and Rarity's alight the room, "Drat. A partial inteligence."
She seems to take a moment to notice that neither of us understood what she meant.
"A simple golem made for singular tasks. I'll make a projection of it outside Aj, but mind your words. They have a very dedicated, even mindful kind of stupidity." Treads of magic start to surge from Applejack's throat, "Trying to force it out of Applejack would be dangerous, but we may be able to trick it. I don't know."
A strange shape emerges from Applejack, and I turn my head away in reflex, but no mater where I look or from what angle it always seems to be looking directly at me. It seems to not fit with the rest of... everything, somehow.
I don't think it's noticed us yet, oddly enough.
>>
>>28355407
I don't suppose we could switch to someone who could talk for this? I want to ask it what its purpose is.
>>
File: 367.png (12KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
367.png
12KB, 600x600px
>>28355496
>[Jumped to Rarity]
"What were you made for?" I ask the... shape, for lack of a better word.
It shifts immediately, it's gaze drilling into me.
"IDENFITY YOURSELF."
"What for?"
"FURTHER USE OF THIS INTERFACE REQUIRES IDENTIFICATION. ANY TRY TO BYPASS SECURITY PROTOCOLS WILL RESULT IN VIOLENT ACTIONS UPON THE SUBJECT."
>>
>>28355708
I am Rarity, close personal friend of Twilight Sparkle.
>>
File: 368.png (9KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
368.png
9KB, 600x600px
>>28355837
"I am Lady Rarity, of the solar court, paladin of Generosity." I use my most important titles just in case, "Savior of Eq--"
"IDENTITY NOT RECOGNIZED."
"Wha--"
"IDENTITY NOT RECOGNIZED. LOGIN INVALID."
As much as I hate it, I cannot deny what the shape reminds me of, "I am a close friend of Twilight Sparkle."
"YOU ARE NOT TWILIGHT SPARKLE."
"No, I am her--"
"IS THIS A TRY TO BYPASS THE SECURITY SYSTEMS?" The shape changes again, voice thundering.
>>
>>28356079
No, it isn't. Please recognize my identity as the former element of generosity.
>>
>>28356474
"NoItIsn't." I rush to say. It returns to its former shape. "I am, ah, the Element of Generosity." I add proper capitalization the same way Twilight always seems to even outside text.
"ANALYSING MEMETIC STRUCTURES..." My head aches for a split second. "IDENTITY AS ELEMENT OF HARMONY CONFIRMED. THIS ACCOUNT POSSESSES LIMITED ACCESS TO THE SYSTEMS. STATE YOUR INTENT."
"What is your purpose?"
"TO DISALLOW ANY EXTREME DEVIANCE FROM THE IDEAL SCENARIO."
"Ideal scenario?"
"IDEAL SCENARIO." It repeats immediately.
"And what is it?"
"QUESTION TOO VAGUE. PROVIDE CONTEXT."
"What is the ideal scenario?"
"THE IDEAL SCENARIO IS THE SERIES OF EVENTS THAT DEVIANTS THE LESS FROM THE DESIRED SCENARIO."
"And what is the desired scenario?" I ask, growing increasingly irritated.
"THE DESIRED SCENARIO IS THAT IN WHICH THE SUBJECT BOTH SURVIVES AND IS THE LEAST INFLUENCED BY EXTERNAL ELEMENTS WITHIN A VARIABLE TIME FRAME."
>>
>>28356687
What constitutes "extreme" deviance?

What would cause the subject to not survive, and how do you go about ensuring that it is avoided?

Which external elements is it not desired for the subject to be affected by, and in what ways is it not desired that they affect her?

And I'll risk one "why" although I don't expect this one to be answered, but why is it not desired that the subject be affected?
>>
>>28356881
"What are extreme deviances?"
"ANY DEVIANCE WHICH LEADS TO A TURN OF EVENTS THAT TWILIGHT SPARKLE IS INCAPABLE OF SOLVING, COUNTERACTING, OR UNDOING, SUCH AS THE DEATH OF THE SUBJECT."
"But how do you stop her from dying?"
"TRIES TO AVOID SUCH AN OUTCOME HAVE PROVED UNFRUITFUL, AS THEY OFTEN CAUSE THE SUBJECT TO STAGGER OR STOP MOVING ENTIRELY IN A CRITICAL MOMENT. PROTOCOLAR PROCEDURE IS TO INFORM TWILIGHT SPARKLE OF THE SITUATION. DENIAL PROCEDURE IS ONLY PRACTICAL IN NON-LETHAL SCENARIOS."
"But what do you want her to not be affected by?" Adds Mariela.
"YOU."
"Me?" Me, Mariela, and Ludwig ask in unison.
"YES."
"Why do you want her to not be affected by the external elements?" I ask, tired of this thing's rethoric.
"QUESTION NOT UNDERSTOOD."
"Partial intelligences aren't given reasons most of the time." Says Ludwig before I can add anything. "They don't need them."
>>
>>28356881
>I'll risk one "why" although I don't expect this one to be answered
>QUESTION NOT UNDERSTOOD
Good call.

>>28357026
Have you considered just talking to Applejack to tell her about the dangers instead of stopping her from doing things?
>>
>>28357026
Hypothesis: the current method of protecting the subject is causing her significant mental distress which is likely to lead to poor decision-making and increased risk-taking down the line. It also has possible detrimental effect on her psyche. Suggestion: rather than attempting to affect the subject from within, which is clearly only partially effective, perhaps you could affect her as an external entity. We had a robot body right here.
>>
>>28358589
* have
>>
>>28358589
Sabrina's going to be pissed.
>>
>>28359529
It'll be a lot easier to delete off of a robot than a pony.
>>
>>28358589
Resuming in a bit but, just to be sure, are you sugesting deleting Sabrina or only moving th partial inteligence to that body?
>>
FUck bump wqhile writing update
>>
>>28358505
>>28358589
>>28359529
>>28360252
"You are hurting her! She could be making worse decisions because of you!"
"ALL ILL-EFFECTS OF THE DENIAL PROCEDURE AS IT IS APPLIED NOW ARE WITHIN ACCEPTABLE PARAMETERS, AND PRODUCED BY THE SUBJECT'S RESISTANCE RATHER THAN THE FOLLOWING OF PROTOCOL. THERE IS NO LOGIC MOTIVATION TO REQUEST MODIFICATIONS TO THE PROTOCOL."
"Couldn't you do it in a way that harmed her less? From the outside?"
"PROTOCOL DOES NOT COVER SUCH A POSSIBILITY AT ALL."
>>
>>28360468
I meant that if we move it to Sabrina then it would be easier to delete because we can't plug Applejack into a computer.
>>
Forgot to say it in the post, but I may have to make a trip anytime within the next three or four days that'd last about a week, and I may have to rush of without time to tell anyone here.
>>28361365
Oh, I'll leave that queued then. I was just weirded out by my the idea.
>>
>>28361361
It might be within acceptable limits right now but I bet Applejack is going to keep resisting and it's going to become more and more stressful for her and eventually it is not going to be within acceptable limits anymore. You need to find another way because this is not going to work forever.
>>
>>28361361
Specify the acceptable amount of distress the protocols can be permitted to cause before there is a logical reason to amend them.

Also, even if the ill effects are caused by her resistance, her resistance is caused by the protocols. By the transitive nature of causality, this means that the protocols cause the ill effects.
>>
>>28361447
>>28361393
"It's not going to work forever. I know her, she won't stop resisting."
"THAT IS IRRELEVANT TO THE PROTOCOL."
"What will you do when it goes beyond the acceptable limits?"
"FOLLOW THE PROTOCOL."
"To Tartarus with your protocol!" I snap, heart racing, "What do you even call too much!?"
"THE POINT IN WHICH STRESS PRODUCES PHYSICAL HARM TO THE SUBJECT OR INDUCES THE SUBJECT INTO SELF-HARM OR A SELF-INJURING HARMONY EVENT. AT THIS POINT, TWILIGHT SPARKLE IS INFORMED OF THE SITUATION."
"You will reach the limits! You've already reached them!"
"PROPER MEASURES ARE TAKEN WHEN THE SUBJECT DISOBEYS THE PROTOCOL. THAT IS MY FUNCTION."
"Your protocol is flawed!"
"YOUR ACCOUNT HAS PERMISSIONS TO INFORM TWILIGHT SPARKLE OF THE SITUATION AND OR REQUEST CHANGES TO THE PROTOCOL AND OR REQUEST HER PRESENCE. DO YOU WISH TO?"
"Yes! Tell her to come here this instant!"
"TWILIGHT SPARKLE HAS BEEN REQUESTED TO PRESENT HERSELF. PLEASE WAIT."
A jingle plays in the background, making my eye twitch.
At least, a purple flash blinds us for a moment... and a black box falls to the ground, playing a record.
"I am sorry! I have been informed that--" There is a faint click. "--Artificial inteligence unit 386--" Click "--requires my immediate attention, but at the current moment I am--" There is another click, and this time the sound changes to a cacophony of groaning metal and glass, accompanied by several shouts "--eave me alone!"
"You have betrayed your element!" Shouts a voice I know all too well, Magic.
"I am following my elem--!" Click. "--I am sorry for the bother, and will contact you as soon as I can."
>>
>>28361776
Okay, I guess we're on our own. Before I start requesting any changes, I would like a list of everything that is in the protocol. Please present your protocol as a paired list of requisite conditions and their resulting actions. List these in descending order of importance, judged by their priority over each other.
>>
>>28361859
"What is your full protocol, anyway?" Interrupts Ludwig before I can say anything.
"THE FIRST DIRECTIVE IS TO TEMPORARILY DISABLE PROTOCOL IF FOLLOWING IT WOULD DIRECTLY AND IMMEDIATELY PRODUCE PHYSICAL HARM AND OR DEATH TO THE SUBJECT.
"THE SECOND DIRECTIVE IS TO DISALLOW DIRECT, MASSIVE, AND IMMEDIATE SELF-HARM BY DISABLING THE SUBJECT AND TO INFORM TWILIGHT SPARKLE OF THE SITUATION.
"THIRD DIRECTIVE IS TO PROHIBIT ACCESS TO THE MEMORY AREAS 3A 45 0V 2Q V9 6V 8R 0R 0V 6B 5F 9P 4D 5G 5H 5I.
"THE FOURTH DIRECTIVE IS TO MONITOR FOR ANY ACTION WITH A DIRECT AND IMMEDIATE CHANCE OF RESULTING IN DEATH OF OVER 35% AND TO INFORM TWILIGHT SPARKLE OF THE SITUATION.
"THE FIFTH DIRECTIVE IS TO RECORD ANY DIRECT INTERACTIONS WITH THE SYSTEM BY THIS ACCOUNT AND INFORM TWILIGHT SPARKLE.
"THE SIXTH DIRECTIVE IS TO SELF-DELETE IF A RAMPANT STATE IS REACHED BY THE SYSTEMS.
"THE SIXTH B DIRECTIVE IS TO NOT ALLOW ANY DIRECT NEURAL INTERFACE WITH THE SUBJECT.
"THE SEVENTH DIRECTIVE IS TO IMMEDIATELY CLOSE ANY DIRECT INTERACTION IF CONTINUING IT WOULD RESULT IN RAMPANCY AND OR DIRECT AND IMMEDIATE HARM AND OR DEATH TO THE SUBJECT.
"THE EIGHT DIRECTIVE IS." It stops abruptly.
>>
>>28362265
Twilight Sparkle is a monster.
Don't tell him that.
>>
>>28362265
What is a rampant state?
>>
>>28362265
So your only methods of preventing harm to the subject are through disabling her. What actions would be taken if there was a threat present to the subject that would not be removed by disabling her? If it was within your power to do so, could you act in a manner not prescribed by the protocols in order to remove this threat?
>>
>>28362856
>>28362884
>>28362970
"Rampancy?"
"QUESTION NOT UNDERSTOOD."
"What is rampancy?" I growl, trying to keep my emotions in check.
"RAMPANCY AS APPLIED TO THIS INTELLIGENCE CLASS IS THE ESTATE IN WHICH AN UNSTABLE TRUE INTELLIGENCE IS DEVELOPED. SPECIAL PROTOCOL GIVES THE CHOICE TO HIBERNATE THE SYSTEMS."
"So the only thing you can do to stop her is disabling her?"
"YES."
"Can you act out of protocol if that would be a better solution?"
"FULL CONTROL OF THE SUBJECT REQUIRES A TRUE INTELLIGENCE AND IS DIRECTLY HARMING TO THE SUBJECT."
>>
>>28363264
That doesn't answer the question. If you could do something to save Applejack that was NOT full control but was also NOT within the protocols, could you do it? For example, you have the ability to self-delete. Could you self-delete in conditions other than the sixth directive if it would prevent harm to the subject?
>>
>>28362970
>>28363320
"Can you act out of protocol if that would be a better solution? Or if disabling her couldn't solve it?"
"And does 'Disable' mean 'kill'?" Adds Mariela.
"THE SYSTEMS WOULD REQUIRE BOTH A FULL INTELLIGENCE AND SELF-AWARENESS TO AS MUCH AS DESIRE TO BREACH PROTOCOL."
"But what do you do if nothing in the protocol solves the problem?"
"IF THE PROTOCOL CONTAINS NO SOLUTION, TWILIGHT SPARKLE IS SENT A MESSAGE WITH THE HIGHEST PRIORITY THE SYSTEMS ARE ALLOWED TO."
Sorry, I had a mindfart. It's late and I am getting tired. I was already writing this post when the post appeared.
>>
>>28363352
"DISABLING IS INDUCING A TEMPORAL LOSS OF CONSCIOUSNESS.

FUCK
>>
File: image.png (259KB, 945x939px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
259KB, 945x939px
>>28363352
>disables protocol if following it would cause physical harm
>cannot perform any actions outside of protocol
I've got you, fucker.
Just to be clear, if Applejack required access to memory area 3A or she would come to harm, then you would suspend the third directive in service of the first directive, correct? The directives were ordered by priority, yes?
>>
>>28363420
What do you see that I don't?
>>
>>28363458
Directive two specifies "direct, massive, and immediate" harm, but directive one only specifies "physical harm and/or death" without any qualifiers on degree. AND IT COMES FIRST. The way it is phrased, the partial intelligence would suspend protocol if following it would directly result in Applejack having her hair yanked.
>>
>>28363420
>>28363478
"So if she needed memories to not be harmed, you would allow her to remember?"
"FOR A LIMITED TIME, YES."
"And if I yank her hair unless you let her remember, would that count?"
"ONLY IF IT COULD RESULT IN HARM AND OR DEATH."
"How much harm do I need to make?"
"ANSWER TOO EXTENSIVE. ABRIDGING... THE MINIMAL THRESHOLD OF DAMAGE IS RUPTURE AND OR CORRUPTION AND OR INFECTION AND OR DESTRUCTION OF TISSUE OR BONES. THE AMOUNT OF HARM REQUIRED TO ENACT FIRST DIRECTIVE DEPENDS IN THE EXACT SURFACE."
"And what is it in the skin of her head?"
"TO RUPTURE AND OR CORRUPT AND OR INFECT AND OR DESTROY OVER TEN CENTIMETRES OF SKIN, TWENTY MILLIMETRES OF BONE, OR TO DO ANY PERCEIVABLE DAMAGE TO THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM."
>>
>>28363635
How are threats determined to be legitimate or not? If you were to hear someone say "release all memories or I will infect eleven centimeters of skin", would you?
>>
>>28363764
"And how do you know if harm will come?"
"A COMBINATION OF THE SUBJECT'S JUDGEMENT AND THE SYSTEM'S OWN ANALYSIS OF THE SITUATION AT A BASIC MECHANICAL LEVEL. MORE ADVANCED ANALYSIS OF THE SITUATION IN A CONSTANT BASIS WOULD TAX BOTH THE SYSTEM AND THE SUBJECT BEYOND ACCEPTABLE THRESHOLDS."
>>
>>28363968
>SUBJECT'S JUDGEMENT
And of course Applejack wouldn't believe we would actually hurt her.

Okay, I don't want to rupture or destroy anything. What counts as infection or corruption? Maybe we can threaten something that it would recognize as damage but that isn't actually harmful.

Alternatively, would it be willing to amend directive one from "physical harm" to "physical or emotional harm" to protect Applejack in more ways?

Or perhaps we could ask it how rampancy is detected. Maybe we can hook it to Sabrina to trick it into detecting actual intelligence. There's a protocol against direct links to Applejack, but not against direct links to the partial intelligence.

Finally, perhaps we could exploit directive 6B, depending on how it is enforced. Ask it how it prevents direct neural interface.
>>
>>28363635
What is the minimum threshold of damage to her mental state?
>>
>>28364180
>>28364289
"What counts as infection? And corruption?"
"INFECTION IS A GROWTH OF EXTRANEOUS ORGANISMS THAT THE SUBJECT CANNOT HANDLE. CORRUPTION IS ANY CASE IN WHICH THE CELLS OF THE SUBJECT MUTATE AT A FASTER RATE THAN USUAL FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME."
"And nothing regarding her mental state?"
"DIRECTLY INTERFACING WITH THE SUBJECT IS HARMING TO THE SUBJECT AND THE SYSTEM IS NOT EQUIPPED TO ESTIMATE MENTAL DAMAGE BASED ON PURELY BEHAVIOURAL DATA."
"You said you stop those? 'Direct interfaces'?"
"THE SYSTEM DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION."
"I think you mean direct neural interfaces." Interjects Ludwig.
"You stop direct neural interfaces, then?"
"PROTOCOL SIX B DISALLOWS THEM."
"How do you stop them?"
"PROTOCOL REQUIRES TO DISABLE THE EQUIPEMENT INVOLVED."
"And how do you do that?"
"THE CONNECTION IS BYPASSED AND MASS-GENERATED STATIC IS SENT BOTH WAYS. THE EQUIPMENT IS EITHER DESTROYED OR DISABLED BY THE OVERLOAD AND THE SUBJECT IS DISABLED FOR SEVERAL HOURS. MEMORY AREAS DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE TRY ARE BLOCKED."
>>
>>28364373
>DIRECTLY INTERFACING WITH THE SUBJECT IS HARMING TO THE SUBJECT
How is what you are doing to her not directly interfacing, and how is it not harming? Everything you do would be perceived as harm by Applejack.
>>
>>28364373
Have any of the attempts to contact Twilight or send her information worked? If the answer is no then may I suggest a new directive?
>If communication with Twilight is required by protocol but not successfully completed then redirect the communication to element bearer Rarity instead
>>
getting a little bump
>>
>>28367088
And another.
>>
>>28368260
>>
>>28365793
>>28364743
"Isn't that what you are doing?"
"A DIRECT INTERFACE WOULD IMPLY THAT THERE ARE NO ABSTRACTION LAYERS BETWEEN THE SUBJECT AND THE SYSTEM, SEVERAL OF WHICH THE SYSTEM MAINTAINS. THERE IS NO SEPARATION BETWEEN SYSTEMS WHICH ARE INTERFACED DIRECTLY; THEY ARE FUNCTIONALLY A SINGLE SYSTEM."
"You are hurting her, too."
"DAMAGE PRODUCED TO THE SUBJECT IS WITHIN THE THRESHOLD."
I nod, tired. "And have you tried to contact Twilight?"
"TWILIGHT SPARKLE MONITORS THE STATUS OF THE SYSTEM IN A REGULAR BASIS."
"And can I change the protocol?"
"THIS ACCOUNT MAY REQUEST CHANGES."
"Then, I request that if protocol requires Twilight to be contacted but she isn't, the Element of Harmony Rarity is contacted instead."
There is a small pause, "A MESSAGE HAS BEEN SENT TO TWILIGHT SPARKLE. YOU WILL BE INFORMED ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT SHE APPROVES OF THIS NEW DIRECTIVE.
"WARNING: THE SYSTEM HAS NOT ENOUGH MEMORY FOR NEW DIRECTIVES. TWILIGHT SPARKLE MAY HAVE TO DELETE AN EXISTING DIRECTIVE TO MAKE SPACE FOR A NEW ONE.
"WARNING: NO CONTACT METHOD WAS GIVEN."
>>
Oh, and tomorrow night I'll take the trip, so I'll be gone for four or five days.
>>
>>28369073
>NO CONTACT METHOD WAS GIVEN
Well, how are you talking to Twilight? Use that.

>THE SYSTEM HAS NOT ENOUGH MEMORY FOR NEW DIRECTIVES
If memory runs out and Twilight cannot be contacted to free up space by deleting directives, how do you determine what should be saved or deleted? Follow up question, do requests for directive changes that haven't been approved yet take up memory space?
If they do then I'm going to stack smash the hell out of you.
>>
>>28369162
"How are you contacting Twilight?"
"A SUBSPACE TELEPORTATION RELAY. EXACT TARGETTING DATA TOO LONG. ABRIDGE?"
"No, no... if your memory runs out, how do you decide what to delete?"
"THE OLDEST REPORT IS DELETED."
"And where do you store the request if it's nearly filled="
"THE SPACE OCCUPIED BY REPORTS AND REQUESTS IS NEGLIGIBLE. FULL DIRECTIVES WITH ALL THEIR ADDENDUMS CURRENTLY OCCUPY OVER NINETY FIVE PERCENT OF THE AVAILABLE MEMORY."
>>
>>28369274
Do you only delete from reports, or would directives be deleted in any circumstances if memory was full? Also, out of all the harms that Applejack could befall that would trigger the first directive, which is the least damaging? And are there any that are not physical that would count?
>>
>>28369454
"And are directives ever deleted?"
"ONLY BY TWILIGHT SPARKLE."
"What is the least damage that would trigger the first directive?"
"ANY PERCEIVABLE DAMAGE TO THE NERVOUS SYSTEM."
"Other than that?"
"INFECTION IN REDUNDANT ORGANS."

Gonna take a bath, back in a few
>>
File: image.png (52KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52KB, 500x380px
>>28369710
Okay, that's enough of this shit. Switch to Ludwig so I can science at her.

Just like an sapient organism, Applejack's mind and body are inextricably linked and the interaction between them can produce ACTUAL PHYSICAL FUCKING CHANGES. The brain notices a stressor and trigger a physical reaction that has a shit-ton of effects that can lead to further emotional reactions and mental AND physical damage. Headaches and muscle tension are are just the beginning so I'm going to skip to the most extreme and mention cardiovascular disease. People who react more to stress have a higher risk of cardiovascular disease, and the longer they experience stress the worse it gets. This risk is particularly pronounced in people who tend to be excessively competitive. You are killing her by blocking her memories, because she wants them back so badly and is stressing the hell out of herself trying to get them.

I would be glad to explain this to Applejack too, since I know you both get to make the call on damage.
>>
>>28369855
* just like any sapient organism
>>
>>28369881
>>28369855
>[SWITCHED TO LUDWIG]
"Applejack's mind and body are inextricably linked and the interaction between them can produce changes. The brain notices a stressor and triggers a physical reaction that has many effects that can lead to further emotional reactions and mental AND physical damage. Headaches and muscle tension are are just the beginning, and can produce cardiovascular diseases, and the longer she experiences stress the worse it gets. This risk is particularly pronounced in people who tend to be excessively competitive. You are killing her by blocking her memories, because she wants them back so badly and is stressing the hell out of herself trying to get them."
I take a deep breath. The figure stares at me for a moment.
"COMMAND TOO LONG. PROCESSING..." It's silent for several minutes. "DAMAGE WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF WHEN IT HAPPENS. THE SYSTEM CANNOT PREDICT OUTCOMES HAPPENING FURTHER THAN TEN MINUTES. TO DO SO WOULD BE DIRECTLY AND IMMEDIATELY TAXING TO THE SUBJECT TO A HARMING DEGREE. A MESSAGE HAS BEEN SENT TO TWILIGHT SPARKLE. YOU WILL BE INFORMED WHEN SHE ANSWERS."
>>
>>28370674
Okay, fuck this. Trying to force you out of Applejack's head would be very dangerous. I am going to offer Applejack the option to try anyway because you won't let her have her memories. If she accepts, then holding onto the memories would cause significant risk of harm within the next ten minutes as we attempt to remove you. At this point, you will either have to stop holding back the memories or disobey protocol and allow harm to come to her. What do you say to that?
>>
Sorry, but it's 2 AM and I'll have to go on the trip tomorrow. I'll try to post at least an update tomorrow, but I make no promises.
>>
b
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.