[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Viva Las Pegasus/Top Bolt spoilers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16

File: 1.jpg (352KB, 675x954px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
352KB, 675x954px
Some activity book was released with the plots already shown. Gonna spoil the pics so hide the thread if you don't want to know.
>>
File: 2(2).jpg (358KB, 675x930px) Image search: [Google]
2(2).jpg
358KB, 675x930px
>>
File: 3.jpg (334KB, 675x963px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
334KB, 675x963px
>>
File: 4.jpg (356KB, 675x948px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
356KB, 675x948px
And done.
>>
>>28351769
Where is this from? Can you scan the full book?
>>
>nothing on pictures
>actually have to read
tl;dr
>>
>AJ
YESSSSS-

>and Fluttershy EP
...yay, joy...
>>
>>28351797
Some activity book. This is the only new stuff.
>>
>>28351804
the one that works with AR game?
>>
>>28351800
Fuck off
It is not even a whole fucking page you lazy cunt, leave the internet there are too may words here for you
>inb4 LOL TOO LONG DIDN'T READ XD
>>
File: 65181981.png (11KB, 156x200px) Image search: [Google]
65181981.png
11KB, 156x200px
>>28351769
>>28351778
>>28351782
>>28351787
inthebin.jpeg
>>
>>28351787
>There's no need to keep yourself in the shadows when you're bright enough to shine

It's literally the fucking opposite moral that the one in Newbie Dash. In the same fucking season. After what they did to Dash, they come up with THIS SHIT? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
Dash saves the Wonderbolts' lives but, hey, that's not something to be proud of, let's have an episode to put her in the trash bin, make her clean the lockers and sweep the floor, because that's what you get when you FUCKING SAVE THE LIVES OF THOSE FUCKERS. And later, in the same season, we'll praise a random pegasus because she can fly. Terrific.

FUCK YOU DHX, FUCK YOU HASBRO, FUCK YOU JOSH HABER, FUCK YOU JIM MILLER. I fucking hate this show.
>>
WAIT A MINUTE.

Isn't Gladmane the name of the restaurant where Flim and Flam were working?
>>
>>28352058
the lack of any mention of FlimFlam whatsoever really leaves some doubt
>>
>>28351778
>What do you think would have happened if Pinkie and Rarity came instead?
A better fucking episode, that's for sure.
>>
>>28352045
You seem mad.

You have every right to be, but don't ever stop loving your waifu for who she is. Don't let fags like Jim Miller or Josh Haber ruin her for you.
>>
File: rarity_why?.png (215KB, 467x389px) Image search: [Google]
rarity_why?.png
215KB, 467x389px
>>28352045
>I fucking hate this show.
Then why are you here?
>>
>>28352112
Well, that's because I'm mad.

Thank you, man. I really needed to vent, and I was already prepared for any kind of banter reply. But I didn't expect this. Thank you, really.
>>
>>28352045
>hurr durr doing something good means you can never be punished for acting like a cunt
>hurr durr I'm too buttmad and autistic to see the difference between two completely different morals
>>
File: MevfgEs.png (38KB, 480x610px) Image search: [Google]
MevfgEs.png
38KB, 480x610px
>>28352149
I know it's a rhetorical question, but I wrote this earlier today >>28351088
>>
>>28351800
>tl;dr
A shit episode about spreading lies about everyone to be everybody's friend.

And a shit episode about making yourself suck so your even worse pal doesn't look likehe sucks that much.
>>
File: 1471218440592.jpg (100KB, 959x833px) Image search: [Google]
1471218440592.jpg
100KB, 959x833px
>>28352151
It's all good, m8. I know how it can be, and most of us have to go through it. I've been really hoping things improve for you Dashfags soon, she's been getting too much shit she doesn't deserve. But at the end of the day, don't let fags define her for you. You know why she means so much to you, and that's all that matters.
>>
>>28352187
I actually like season 6. while I won't deny its been the weakest season so far and had some pretty bad episodes I still find it fun and charming overall. The writing consistency is still a lot better on mlp than a lot of other cartoons that have been on this long just look at AT and RS for example.
but i can completely understand why dash friends wouldn't like it and i hope the writers stop shitting on her.
>>
>>28352250
I feel like consistancy is going down though, especially as we continue to tread more and more into "The Perfect Pretty Purple Pony Princess Show!" territory. The only thing keeping it from becoming that is the fact that Twilight rarely gets episodes mid season. And I feel there has been increasing conflictions. Nothing bad yet, but it's noticeable. Like the argument that can be made about Rarity's behavior in Spice Up Your Life.

If it keeps going on for much longer, it's going to just develop worse conflictions. Not to mention, it already feels they're doing too much to try to make the show still appear fresh, and it's spoiling things a bit more.
>>
>>28352292
>I feel like consistancy is going down though
Not gonna disagree with you there, but thats what happens when your best show runners go off to work on 2 movies, or go on break for a season(yes I'm referring to larson). They had to bring in a LOT of new writers to keep the show going and unfortunately they picked some bad apples and harber isn't a very good editor.
HOWEVER I'm staying optimistic for next season because it looks like Larson, confalone, and G.M. Berrow will be major writersI'm basing this off of the comments they've made in interviews, twitter,etc for s7(yes it is going to happen), whom are all very familiar with the show and its canon.
This is just me speculating, I could be completely wrong
>it already feels they're doing too much to try to make the show still appear fresh
Just imagine if we got 6 seasons of twilight sending letters to celestia. The show would have become unwatchable by this point.
>>
>>28352224
>>28352112
This is why I molest Rariturds
>>
This thread perfectly encapsulates why I hate waifufags who take themselves seriously.
They can't handle episodes where their imaginary girlfriend isn't perfect and then shit up a thread that isn't even about 'her' and invent phony conspiracy theories to appear as victims.
>>
>>28352428
Oh, poor hatefag. Rarifags don't fall for the meme of hating Dash and that ruins the fun for you. Keep crying, bitch.
>>
>>28352451
Waifufags ruined this fandom.
>>
>>28352413
>Just imagine if we got 6 seasons of twilight sending letters to celestia. The show would have become unwatchable by this point.
Maybe, but they still cut it off way too early. Especially when they introduce the Mane 6 starting to write to her too. But shortly after the Mane 6 started to develop a relationship with Celestia, they took that concept behind the barn and shot it, by making start to descend inti "The Twilight Show!" with S3, and returning it to Celestia only acknowledging Twilight's existence.

That's the biggest mistake of the show in my book. On top of that, they didn't even change out of that, they just replaced one gimmick with another. Same with the Elements of Harmony. They could have made them matter when they transitioned, but the writers are rather incompetent and didn't know what to do with Rainbow Power except pretend it didn't exist. The map is similar, I'm surprised they suddenly remembered it with Spice Up Your Life.

It's this what I point to when I say they change too much, and it leaves things rotton rather than fresh. Not that change is bad, but there is no transition into anything, they just cut the old gimmick off to replace it with the next thing. I don't expect god tier writing, but you can't do what they did with Starlight. And this is what I feel is creating problems. It's jarring.
>>
>>28352428
>He likes waifufag drama

>>28352451
>People don't like other people writing their favorite character shit
I know, the concept baffles me too.
>>
>>28352509
On the flip side I am upset that Season 6 shares the same gimmick as Season 5.
>>
File: considerthefollowing.jpg (27KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.jpg
27KB, 250x243px
>>28352451
Fair enough, but let me ask you something.
Do you think Dash (since obviously we're talking about Dash) was "perfect" in The Cart Before the Ponies, to say a recent example?
I think we all can agree, she wasn't perfect, but you'll rarely see any post complaining about that episode. So maybe this isn't about episodes where our imaginary girlfriend "isn't perfect", but about episodes where her character is butchered. And I think you don't need to be a waifufag to hate episodes like those, I'm a dashfag and I think Applejack's Day Off was absolutely terrible. And, well, almost everyone on this board hates Princess Spike. This isn't about waifufaggotry, but about emphasizing with the characters.
>>
>>28352509
I honestly feel like the succession of the show has generally made sense from a storytelling point of view.
>shut in forced to make friends
>Magic of friendship saves equestria
>shut-in learns the magic of friendship and its importance
>shares it with her best friends
>Masters it
>becomes princess of friendship
>Uses knowledge and friends to help make equestria a better place
>side note: gains a lost pupil(such as she once was)
I-M-O the whole letters to celestial was getting old by season 3. as a writer having to conform to this every episode can really limit your storytelling capabilities.
I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the elements of harmony.
as far as starlight goes I actually really enjoy her character. People either seem to completely get her or not. Anyway here's a post i made to someone else who was bitching about her and her reformation(pic related).
>>
File: 1459138626734.jpg (51KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1459138626734.jpg
51KB, 500x667px
>>28351769
>the last remaining secret episodes before Finale turn out ot be shit
what a suprise, shit episodes in S6??
>>
>>28352454
Dash shits and Rariturds are one of the most sensible fucks I have ever seen
It is like they grew up with tutors and super sheltered or some shit
You fags need a good beating, fucking sensible cunts
I bet you cried when people joked about you, weaklings
>>
>>28352045
wow, how can someone completely MISS the point of the episode?
>>
>>28352045

>It's literally the fucking opposite moral that the one in Newbie Dash.

Isn't okay when rainbow dash does it
>>
>>28352698
Because the writer was a hack.
>>
>>28352717
it's because >>28352045 is a complete autist
everyone knows what friendly banter is and how Dash never talks about her feelings unless cornered
she put them on such a high pedestal, that she never thought they might joke around like NORMAL ponies/people do with their friends, family and close coworkers
>>
>>28352557
I'm not even a Dashfag and I can see her treatment is terrible. She's just been a punching bag, it's horrible.

>>28352621
Except this goes back to one thing. This isn't "The Perfect Purple Pretty Pony Princess: Twilight Sparkle" show. The show is not just about her, and the problem is giving her all that attention in the premiers and finales, meanwhile she rarely gets episode time in the season. The balance is off, and as a result the storytelling is incredibly unbalanced as well. Because that leaves out the other character arcs like the rest of the Mane 6 and the CMC.

>I-M-O the whole letters to celestial was getting old by season 3.
Agreeable, but they could have still gone through with the Mane 6 having some sort of relationship with Celestia like they were taking, instead of just returning it to only Twilight. They took a step backwards.

As for Glimmer, part of my problem is they don't show her loathing enough. And we could go by your impression of losing a friend being STARTED down the path, rather than it being everything, I see nothing wrong with that, except for the fact that it's not shown in the show. If you want to believe that or write a fic about that and justify her, please go right ahead, and I might enjoy it. But going off of what is presented in the show itself, it's not nearly enough. And it looks like she's just transforming into another perfect Twilight clone. At least Sunset in EQG has shown some form of transformation across the films, and is willing to interact with ponies aside from Twilight. Starlight is attached to Twilight at the hip, and it's part of the thing that really just makes her more intolerable. At least have her be friends with the Mane 6 as well, as it is, it's just another contributing factor to The Twilight Show, which I think is the big problem in the show, they keep teetering back and forth between that. And it'll probably be just as bad with the S6 finale being a Starlight Twilight Power Hour.
>>
>>28352557
People complain about the Cart episode for that exact reason. RD, AJ, and Rarity weren't mind readers and overstepped they're boundaries because the CMC were too chicken-shit to just tell what was on their minds.
How is Newbie Dash "butchering her character?"
It's completely in character for her to overcompensate and impress others when she's done so in the past. The WBs saw her as an equal and sent some friendly banter her way, as friends always do. Dash still had them on a hero-worshipping pedestal and didn't consider herself their peer so she took it the wrong way.
Her character was in no way assassinated. Dashfags are just sore about it because they hyped up her graduation moment as some huge game changing event like Twilicorn and as a result they loathe what is actually a very average episode by pony standards.
>>
>>28352773
>muh bantz
K, let's see what >>28352045 says:
>put her in the trash bin, make her clean the lockers and sweep the floor
Oh, it has absolutely nothing to do with your shit. All those things weren't part of the Wonderbolts "banter", it was the writer shitting on Dash because she was too boastful about being a great flier and apparently she had to be tamed. But it's okay, it's Dash we're talking about, she deserves it.
>>
>>28352822
They gave her janitor duty because she fucked up the air show and could have injured someone.
DYEWTS?
>>
>>28352806
Fuck you. No, seriously, fuck you.
>People complain about the Cart episode
Are you really going to compare a few posts in the sticky and literally nothing after a few days with the hundreds of posts about Newbie Dash, even months after the episode, just to prove your point? Fuck you. If you aren't even trying, me neither.
>>
>>28352822
Kill yourself butthurt Dash shit
Newbies have to do the boring work all the time
What if you have no studies and shit you think you can fo into a big business and start giving orders right away?
No you stupid fuck, you start carrying heavy shit and boxes, cleaning toilets and other boring shit that nobody else but newbies get to do.
Throwing her into the trash was just bantz.
>>
>>28352413
>Just imagine if we got 6 seasons of twilight sending letters to celestia. The show would have become unwatchable by this point.
I dont think that's even what Faust intended from the start. Based on those leaked images of the show's bible (entirely from memory as opposed to actually looking it up), it does look like the idea of going to different parts of the world to sort out friendship problems was planned.

The real issue is not so much change itself, but how it came about. Hasbro shoving toys into the show without regard to the established storyline (and we need not list them off because only someone mixing their abstract headcanon with the actual show-or a Hasbro employee- couldn't tell you) pretty much forced DHX to dig through stone with another stone.

Really makes you wonder what FIM's like in the parrallel universe where Hasbro were much more restrained.
>>
>>28352836
>AJ saves Spike's life
>Spike becomes AJ's slave
>RD saves the Wonderbolts' lives
>RD becomes their janitor
>people will defend this
>>
>>28352864
Apples and oranges.
If I save the presidents life does that mean I should automatically get into the Secret Service without going through any training and get all my screw-ups handwaved and forgiven, including screw-ups that could have seriously injured others?

Quit being a blind raging faggot and actually think for a second before you post something idiotic. You're only going to make people hate dashfags even more than they already do.
>>
>>28352842
Not him, but a few posts? There were a lot of people who hated Cart Before the Ponies, they're just not as vocal. But most people I saw agreed that everyone was ridiculously out of character that episode, the CMC, Rainbow, Applejack, Rarity, all of them. The only thing I've seen agreed upon is Tabitha's voice acting was one of a few redeeming factors. People just stopped talking about it because there is no reason to, everyone already knows it was terrible. I don't even see that much bitching about Newbie Dash, it's just another poor episode and we all know why.
>>
>>28352864
Spike becoming AJ's slave was shown as a bad idea though. The message was he shouldn't have treated AJ any differently after rescuing him. It kind of defeats your own "argument".
>>
>>28352898
>it's a bad idea to be a slave for the people who save your life, make those people your janitors instead
Perfect.
>>
>>28352907
>it's a bad idea to be a slave for the people who save your life, make those people your janitors for a limited time for disciplinary reasons after a major screw-up that would get any normal person fired
FTFY.
The only reason Dash wasn't booted was because of all the times she saved Equestria. They explicitly say all this at the end. Did you already rage quit by then?
>>
>>28352794
>This isn't "The Perfect Purple Pretty Pony Princess: Twilight Sparkle" show.
Yeah I would agree post s3 twilight episodes are really unbalanced. She's either fighting some monster/antagonist or doing nothing.
But you know even faust herself said that twilight is technically the main character.

>As for Glimmer, part of my problem is they don't show her loathing enough
self loathing seen in: S5 finale, S6 premiere,NSP,briefly in christmas special, briefly in TtTAAC, and presumably ELTSD.
What else do you want? Do you want to see her completely break down in tears and attempt to kill herself? This is a kids show lad
>the fact that it's not shown in the show
true. I'm not much of one for making head canons, but having lived through something similar I think its a safe one to make. Also while I don't think harber is a genious I don't think he's dumb enough to write an that an 8 year old would have the reasoning to think that after loosing one friend anyone would go off and steal the personal identities of an entire village. I honestly feel that there was a scene cut. But yeah you're right until it is proven in the show or said otherwise it is just a head canon.no I'm not gonna write a fic about it
>And it looks like she's just transforming into another perfect Twilight clone.
Maybe, but who knows.
>At least Sunset in EQG has shown some form of transformation across the films
YES! But she has had way more airtime than starlight. Her redemption is probably coming in the finale.
>Starlight is attached to Twilight at the hip
Also YES! But starlight is still a relatively new character. While she has had a decent amount of airtime this season, we don't need that many more episodes with her, but I agree some interaction with the other m6 is needed, and who knows we may still get it.

end blog
>>
>>28352913
K, no. There isn't a magic force guiding the characters' fates, there's a fucking writer.
That fucking writer decided that Dash's most important achievement ever should be limited to act like a fucking idiot for a whole episode and being punished to work as a janitor for her stupidity.
That fucking writer decided that the only consequence of Dash saving the Wonderbolts' lives should be her not being fired after her major fuck ups.
If the reason why the Wonderbolts didn't fire Dash and only punished her is because she saved their lives, that means that the fucking writer *literally* used the fact that Dash is a hero as an excuse for her punishment.
>>
>>28353051
I don't know what triggered that kind of left-field rant.
No one said the episode was good mate. Dash was still in character though and the consequences for her actions were justified.

If you want to wail about it more though, you should take it to a dash thread. You're only proving >>28352451 right by continuing to talk about her in a thread that has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>28352973
>YES! But she has had way more airtime than starlight. Her redemption is probably coming in the finale.
>Also YES! But starlight is still a relatively new character. While she has had a decent amount of airtime this season, we don't need that many more episodes with her, but I agree some interaction with the other m6 is needed, and who knows we may still get it.
But that's the problem. Starlight has had much ample time to do something else, but they haven't written anything with her. They should have at least done a casual Starlight and Rarity episode, or Starlight and Fluttershy. When it comes to sunset, if we count each movie as roughly 3 episodes each to time, and disregarding the movie where she's the villain, that's 6 episode time. There has been plenty of time this season for a Starlight episode that did something with her interacting with one of the Mane 5, showing a bit of a transformation. Just one episode would have been something. But we haven't gotten that. It's like the writers are chicken, introducing a new character then being afraid to use her, it only makes her even worse. I still really don't like her, but if she had one episode this season where she did things with characters aside from Twilight, that would really help her blend into the show better. As it stands, the writers are just making her worse, especially if the finale is only about her and Twi.

>Maybe, but who knows.
I feel like we've been given enough time to say she's failed as a character though, and it'll just be cemented with the finale. As they did have plenty of time to separate her from Twilight this season, and failed to do so. The only thing that will happen now is her "arc" will be done with the finale, she won't appear as a big role in the next premier, and she'll have a role like Discord for the rest of the series.

>no I'm not gonna write a fic about it
You should, I wasn't being sarcastic.

I'll address Twi in the next post.
>>
>>28352973
>But you know even faust herself said that twilight is technically the main character.
Do you have a sauce on her saying that exactly? Because even still, I'd interpret that to mean what I'm about to describe, not what the show is doing with Twilight currently.

Think of the Justice League cartoon, and picture Twilight as Superman. Superman is technically the main character of that, as he is in the "lead", but not everything revolves around him, and the episodes don't just rely on him rescuing everyone else. Honestly, I felt Twilight had a similar position early on. In S1 and S2, she was the Element of Magic, but not everything revolved around her. Everyone was needed in both Friendship is Magic and Return of Harmony, and she was useless without them together. Everyone was needed, Twilight was just the driving force. Twilight's role as "Center" started to dwindle with S2 as everyone interacted with Celestia.

Then Twi got a big power creep and eclipsed everyone else. You could easily say MMC, but I think that was just a trigger to things building up before. It started with Canterlot Wedding, the Mane 5 were first useless then, and only Twi knew something was wrong, and the only one who worked to do something. Then in the S3 premier, while Twi didn't "save the day", she was certainly the only one in the Mane 6 who did something, as the rest of them were just told to "Distract people." MMC, the EQG movies, PTS and Twilight's Kingdom are self explanatory. It was resolved a little bit in The Cutie Map, only to be completely backtracked in The Cutie Remark, with everyone else reduced to nothing but helpless victims of the timelines.

So I think it's that chain of events that really threw the show off-balance, and as a result is the cause of many problems in the series.
>>
>>28352794
>Except this goes back to one thing. This isn't "The Perfect Purple Pretty Pony Princess: Twilight Sparkle" show. The show is not just about her, and the problem is giving her all that attention in the premiers and finales, meanwhile she rarely gets episode time in the season.

You keep saying this, but the season premiere was a Starlight episode that ended with Twilight stepping in at the last minute to be sad about not having taught her student a good lesson. Twilight has been equally neglected throughout this season.
>>
>>28353403
>that ended with Twilight stepping in at the last minute to be sad about not having taught her student a good lesson.
That's certainly a lot more than the Mane 5 got.

>Twilight has been equally neglected throughout this season.
That's part of what I'm talking about. The imbalance that Twilight gets to do more than anyone in the "story heavy" episodes, but is forgotten about the rest of the season. You need to either make Twilight the complete main character, or give the Mane 5 a role. They can't keep doing it this.
>>
>>28351782
>>28351787
That's it? Holy shit why did they make her a wondrbolt if they refuse to do anything interesting or cool with that. Is the rule that no main character except Twilight can do anything exceptional still in power?
>>
>>28353238
>short reply cause I'm going out

>Starlight has had much ample time to do something else
Yeah but it didn't help that one of her episodes was wasted as far as true development is concerned.
>When it comes to sunset
I don't have any official airtime numbers but also take into consideration that we're about to get a 4th and character development occurs much faster in movies than tv series.
>Just one episode would have been something. But we haven't gotten that.
again not disagreeing with you, but we still have another glimmer focussed episode this season and we still have s7 so I'll stay optimistic.
>I feel like we've been given enough time to say she's failed as a character though
nu-glim is still too new to say something like this even if you don't like her character. personally I don't like reformed discord, but that doesn't mean I'm completely willing to give up on him as a character
>she won't appear as a big role in the next premier, and she'll have a role like Discord for the rest of the series.
Yeah considering she's basically shimmer 2.0 and a good percentage of fans like her, I wouldn't bank on this.
>You should, I wasn't being sarcastic.
I didn't think you were, but honestly I really don't have enough time to write something I'm proud of.

I'll respond to your twiggles one if the thread isn't archived by the time I get back.
>>
>>28353450
Fucking Twilight is the one holding the show back.
>>
>>28353423
>The imbalance that Twilight gets to do more than anyone in the "story heavy" episodes, but is forgotten about the rest of the season.

But she wasn't the main character in the premiere. Her biggest role of the season was in that zombie episode, or cheering on Spike in the dragon episode.

In the past, Twilight was relegated to premiere/finale, but now she's not even the protagonist of those episodes, and she's randomly "me too" in others.
>>
>no Lightnig Dust

I'm a little upset
>>
>>28353453
>and character development occurs much faster in movies than tv series.
Well that's because movies have less time to do so. And I'm not saying that Starlight needs everything done, but I feel like we haven't gotten to even the starting steps to show much development.
>again not disagreeing with you, but we still have another glimmer focussed episode this season and we still have s7 so I'll stay optimistic.
Fair enough. I'm just not optimistic from the description. On top of that, as for S7, you're right, it could be different. It's just that my hunch, what I'm betting on, is that this season is "Starlight's arc" (regardless of whether or not I think it is good) and she'll appear less next season with little role, though maybe an episode.
>nu-glim is still too new to say something like this even if you don't like her character.
I don't see her as new, just because I feel like she has had her chance this season to do something, and kind of blew it. She could still do something, but like I said, I'm also still betting she'll be done with for S7. However, if you're judging her by where she has appeared rather than where she hasn't appeared, than yes, you could still say she's too new.
>I wouldn't bank on this.
She already barely has a bigger role than Discord, it's hard to make it any bigger. She also does not appear to be in any movie merchandise or the Russian presentation, was not mentioned in any leaks, nor is she referred to in the descriptions to date. And what is "a good percentage of fans"? Whether it's big or not, I don't think having fans or not regulates an appearance. Lot of Shimmerfags around, she's still never in the show. Again, this is also because I'm banking on them attempting to make this season an arc for her. The fact that I think it's very poor is another story.
>I really don't have enough time to write something I'm proud of.
Well if you ever have spare time, I say go for it, you might surprise yourself.
>>
>>28353503
Then that makes things even worse for the Mane 5, as they're quicker to get replaced with a new character than ever have a role again. At least Twilight still gets the EQG movies.
>>
>>28353597
I learned to live with it. I'm not sorry my favorite character isn't Twilight because I generally hate writer's bias and sacred cows but nowadays I'm just happy if my fave gets a good scene or when we learn something about her. Don't count on mane 5 fighting the villain, making the difference or talking to Celestia.
>>
>>28353639
Accepting it is one thing, but I still think it was worth bringing up in discussion, because it is a problem.

I just hope that the movie is better.
>>
>>28353673
I'm not up to date with the news but I remember that the writer is a new guy, privately interested in aeronautics so people believed that the wonderbolts will play some part. But that was long ago. I just want them to focus on MANE 6. Not "Twilight receives an SOS signal from some previously unnamed kingdom and she goes there and her friends help as well" type of story but something that would involve all of them. Somehow. I just want them to be treated with respect just this once.
>>
>>28353741
That's how I feel, and that's all I ask for the movie. Like I said with Superman, I don't care that Twilight's the princess, I'm over all that. I just want the Mane 6 as a whole to do something together, like they did before.

They still do it now and then (Power Ponies), but I just want to see them treated with the same respect in a big plot.
>>
>>28353741
We do have some spoilers about the movie, and I hope you get your wish. There's plenty of room for other characters to shine... if they choose to let them.

Not sure what you mean about the writer, though. Meghan McCarthy is writing it. They'd added Joe Ballarini (who mostly worked on live action comedy films) when they were courting Sony as their distributor. Now he's gone, and they've added Rita Hsiao, who wrote for Mulan and Toy Story 2.
>>
>>28353319
okay, back
>Do you have a sauce on her saying that exactly?
I saw it in an interview years ago. Don't have a sauce.sorry
But yes she did mean it in a JL sense.

> with everyone else reduced to nothing but helpless victims of the timelines
Yeah I can see why people didn't like that, but it didn't effect my enjoyment that much. However, she still needed her friends in the s4 premiere and finale, but yeah she was on a whole other power level than them.
But at the end of the day I still find the show enjoyable and look forward to saturday. And I generally don't take movies/ tv series that seriously or life for that matter, because I did that with star trek and now I can't stand a franchise I once loved.

Onto this post!
>>28353590
Just to back up one of my previous statements
according to information I found here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Equestria_Girls
the total run time of all the eqg movies to date is 213 minutes, which translates to about 9.7 episodes. Starlight has had 7 episodes that could be considered "used for character development" so I would still give them time.
>However, if you're judging her by where she has appeared rather than where she hasn't appeared, than yes, you could still say she's too new.
Yes this is what i was implying. Not to say she isn't receiving any offscreen development.
>She already barely has a bigger role than Discord
He's had, what, 3 episodes in the past 2 seasons? compared to Glimmy's 7? Yeah I would really have to disagree with you there, but if you're talking about overall in the series then yeah i would agree.
>She also does not appear to be in any movie merchandise or the Russian presentation
We don't know enough about the movie at this point to make any real assumptions as to whom won't be in it. The only character who has been confirmed to not be in the movie so far that i know of is discord.
1/2
>>
>>28353590
>Well if you ever have spare time, I say go for it, you might surprise yourself.
I've considered writing fan fic in the pass, but again I don't like to get into head canons that could just get cucked and time tends to be an issue. But ya know maybe Ill give a stab at the starlight thing once this seasons over and I can see if we get anymore backstory to her character.
2/2
>>
>>28351801
Fluttershy is actually come out a bit more interesting when paired with AJ. Enjoyed AJ and her in Bats.

That said, why can't we have an Applejack and Twilight episode again?
>>
>>28353590
Also thanks for actually engaging in as an intelligent conversation as one can have over mlp. The usual "SEASON 6 IS SHIT, REEEEEE" posts are so fucking cancerous and annoying.
>>
>>28351782
>I'm kind of a legend there, you know.

If Rainbow Dash became Wonderbolts this season just to make this episode like they did with Gift of Maud pie and Saddle row review, that'll be pretty shitty.

I feel like RD herself still had a lot to learn from academy or reserve but became Wonderbolts member too fast.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.