[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Equestria Divided RTS Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1472130571915.jpg (2MB, 1366x2302px) Image search: [Google]
1472130571915.jpg
2MB, 1366x2302px
We are making an RTS (Real Time Strategy game. Some examples of RTSs are Warcraft, Supreme Commander or Age of Empires).

This is a community project, so basically everyone can join in and work for the game! Post your ideas, suggestions or complaints. I will read them all. Currently there are 7 people (with known names) working for the game:

- Me (project leader, also the main programmer of the game)

- 3dAnon (3D artist. Also main texturer and animator)

- ShipIsLove (3D artist)

- Anon the Bruce (3D artist)

- Luziferino (texturer)

- Fapman (1st musician)

- Anoridan (2nd musician)

- There are many other people that contribute but they didn't tell me their names.

Hopefully the list will grow in the future!

Want to help? Just post your ideas/work in this thread! Want to make a track? A 3D model? Some GUI? Just tell me first and I'll give you instructions on what you should make!

Everyone can join this project, and it's also open source! (Of course, there is some quality control done for your work before it gets in the game).

I will post Download Links to both the game executable and the game's assets and project settings. Currently we're at build 12.

Previous thread (also the first one): >>28255102 (maybe it's still alive by the time you are reading this).

GAME Download Link:
http://download1185.mediafire.com/sfodx16iuvjg/70ovqq9jbkvm1i2/Ponays3Db12.zip

ASSETS Download Link:
http://download1692.mediafire.com/idb8mj5sigpg/3xaq6nv2456g63z/B12Assets.rar
>>
>>28351187
You know you'll get more support if you don't make yourself exclusive from /mlp/ right?
>>
>>28351193

What do you mean?

Not OP btw
>>
>>28351187
I wanted to reply to someone in the last thread but the thread got archived too soon:

He said: "In the past 36 hours there have been two legitimate posts, one checking dubs, and eleven bumps. Why not just let this thread die? OP can post a new one when Build 13 is ready."

While these threads may contain lots of useless posts like bumps, it's very helpful to be able to have an online thread at all times. This way people are able to communicate and discuss whenever they want, knowing that I always read what they say, therefore having a direct impact on the development of the game.

I also started testing a Youtube workstream concept. They are not the highest quality, but they might be helpful for the people that want to check the development process in real time. So, keep the threads alive because they are a viable way of communication between the content creators and the community. If there's always an online thread on /mlp/ then we have more chances of gathering more and more people. If a new thread appears only when a new build is released, then we have less chances to get new people.
>>
>>28351193
Yes, I know. I wish to extend the project on other sites too, but the problem is that I don't know with what to start. Also I can't check too many sites at once. If this project is also on Reddit, Facebook, and other popular networks, I will have some problems communicating with everyone. I will also have to allocate a lot more time with talking instead of development which is not wanted. I almost never entered Reddit so I don't know if all the bad things I heard about it are true. I will try it soon. I heard you can make new boards/subreddits, which is pretty neat. Having a dedicated subreddit for this game would get rid of any "bump" messages or continuous thread watching (making sure it won't fall into the archive).

I wouldn't get into Facebook though, but damn that place is filled with people. If I get into a bigger mlp-related group then we will have 25 new people at least, which is insane. They might not work or even post, but they'll at least know about the game and possibly spread it further.

Build 13 is going pretty neat, although it's a lot more work than I thought. I had to remake a few systems from scratch, but the time is worth it. I managed to fix the pathfinding system almost entirely, thus fixing some previous bugs. The troops should now get inside buildings a lot more rarely. It's not perfect/flawless, but it's improved since B12. I fixed a small gathering glitch too (the troop's food carry count was not accurate). B13 may come later than expected, but in less than a few weeks (once it's out, the main framework of the game is complete).

In case you want to see the workstream you can check out my channel from time to time: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ7Oq4aDz-NiB_73-HE9RPQ . They don't have a defined length, or commentary for that matter. It's just the project with some EDM music over it.
>>
.bmp
>>
>>28351274
it happens
>>
sry but I'm not able to make something for the game the next weeks, have some very important shit going on. but when I'm back I have tell what I bring along so yeah- I keep an eye on this thread but cant really work the next weeks...
>>
>>28353471
Life happens.
>>
>>28352084
.tga
>>
good night thread
>>
morning bump
>>
Currently Live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi17cXeyhwM
>>
File: B13_5.png (801KB, 840x473px) Image search: [Google]
B13_5.png
801KB, 840x473px
Today was a good day. I almost finished the action queuing, and it works pretty well! It even has a neat slider that allows you to see all queued actions (in case you have more than 7). It has a loading bar for the current one too. This queuing works for troops too, thus you will be able to tell a villager what to do in order. (for example, you can tell him to collect some apples, then build a house, then scout an area and then build another house, all in their respective order). Pretty neat.

Also, in case you noticed, the game can't show you more than 27 selected troop avatars at once (it lists the first 27 troops and then a "+more" text). This should be replaced in B13 with a neat slider mechanic that allows you to scroll between a list of all the selected troops.

Things to ignore in the screenshot:

- The weird blue-ish loading bar (it will be replaced with a proper one soon).
- The fact that all the villager's actions are Kill actions.
- The stock Unity Slider (again, it will be replaced with a proper one soon)
>>
>>28358020

It appears to be blocked.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.