[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is guardians of harmony ever going to be a thing? Is it even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

Is guardians of harmony ever going to be a thing? Is it even a thing you guys want?
>>
No. Yes
>>
File: image.jpg (188KB, 629x1052px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188KB, 629x1052px
>>28333668
With the broken promises of adventure and the bad slice of life episodes that s6 has, we need Guardians of Harmony more than ever
>>
>>28333668
Who know.
No.
>>
>>28333668
1. Probably
2. No.
>>
>>28333668
I want it as an action packed cartoon oriented at 12-17 audiences. But from what I've heard, if it's ever going to happen, it's going to be a bunch of shitty IDW comics, so no thanks.
>>
T
>>
I just want some adventure with new characters that leads into G5. But Jim said he knows nothing about GoH. So I guess we aren't getting it any time soon.
>>
>>28333709
>Twilight
>Cadence
>Celestia
>Discord
What the fuck? That left side is so fucking unbalanced. They would win in a heartbeat.
>>
>>28333668
>Is guardians of harmony ever going to be a thing?
No.

>Is it even a thing you guys want?
I do. Quoting something I wrote in a previous thread,
>I'm pretty sure one of the reasons why so many anons want a Guardians of Equestria show is, if you have an "edgy" show with monsters and battles and that kind of stuff, the ponies in it will never have "real world" problems, like when they were trying to save a bankrupted restaurant, or when Fluttershy had to kick out his NEET brother.
>People are willing to give up on the last piece of comfiness in the show just to bring back the escapism. Or maybe I'm just projecting, but I definitely feel it that way.
>>
>>28335388
>HIS brother
Fuck my life.
>>
>>28335388
>>I'm pretty sure one of the reasons why so many anons want a Guardians of Equestria show is, if you have an "edgy" show with monsters and battles and that kind of stuff, the ponies in it will never have "real world" problems, like when they were trying to save a bankrupted restaurant, or when Fluttershy had to kick out his NEET brother.
How did even get to that?
People want GoH so we can have both Slice of Life AND Adventure, not because they can't handle the thought a restaurant closing down.
>>
>>28335420
>one of the reasons
People like things because of different reason. But I'm pretty sure that if you lose your job you don't want a cartoon about friendship and magic to remind you that the real world is shit.
>>
>>28335355
I dunno man, We know Glimmer can outplay Twilight with relative ease, and has the walking magi-pedia 2.0, aka: Sunburst. and we don't know how the abilities of Scorpan. Cadence and shining don't have much in terms of offensive magic either.
>>
>>28335355
>Starlight + Sunburst
No one can stop them.
>>
>>28333709
>broken promises of adventure
We were never promised that. EquestriaDaily saw a little promo on the website that had the ponies in a swan boat in Manehattan with the tagline "Explore Equestria" and made a speculation article about it.
>>
>>28336459
But Starlight can't outplay Twilight unless she's been planning and preparing for something for a long time and Twilight has no idea at all that there's anything coming.
Then, even if you consider them equals at fighting and that one would cancel out the other (which is being generous, prepared Twilight would be unstoppable), Discord and Celestia would wipe everyone out almost instantly
>>
>>28337332
>Twilight has no idea at all that there's anything coming.
That's twilight most of the time tbqh buddy. Glimmer can at the very least hold her ground in a magic duel against her, and with sunburst help she'd beat any other unicorn easily.
>Discord
Discord is very childish and ironically easy to manipulate, and we still don't really know how powerful/smart Scorpan is. Also; fluttershy.
>Celestia
NMM has to be at least as powerful as her, and I say she's even more capable. Celestia may be a better strategist, though, but I'm not sure if that would be enough.
>>
The original idea of MLP was supposed to be a kind of Ronin Warriors with whole seasons trying to find a single element of harmony.

Or so I heard long ago.
>>
>>28337410
But in this scenario she wouldn't be clueless about the incoming fight (or both would be clueless), and as I said, Twilight with time to plan and prepare would make any fight unfair
Discord would obliterate anyone if he took it seriously.
>>
>>28337534
Discord would rather betray his team than fight Fluttershy. Hes probably only on their team just because he tricked them.
>>
>>28337526
I also heard it was going to be an adventure-based show almost like an anime, yeah. But the execs didn't want any of that.
>Twilight with time to plan and prepare would make any fight unfair
Really doubt it, maybe with help from her friends, but not everyone form her group fights alongside her, and she still doesn't have Glimmer's level of preparation.
>Discord would obliterate anyone if he took it seriously.
We know he doesn't; he had the apparent chance several times to completely disintegrate all of his problems and stopped to goof around instead, maybe he isn't as powerful as we think, and his magic is just more flashy and SFX-worthy. And even he can be outsmarted.
>>
>>28337284
What about the misleading Game of thrones style promo?
>>
>>28337602
It showed Ponyville, Canterlot, Manehatten, and the Dragon Lands. All places we visited.

I'd love more adventure episodes, I'm just saying it was never promised to us.
>>
>>28335388
You realize it's still possible to have slice of life in an action shoe, right? You're projecting.
>>
>>28337526
That is why it made so many people excited in part; it sounded like Fausts original idea. Unfortunately Hasbro is more interested in high school shit.
>>
>>28337627
I have hopes for the finale.
>>
>>28338332
>hopes for the finale

spare me the bollocks Anon. If changelings are in the finale, changeling fags will herald it as the 'BEST CHANGELING EPISODE EVUR!!!' Just like they did with Times They are a Changeling. I legit saw a tweet after the episode that said, 'omg, Thorax is best changeling'. More like, only changeling with a fucking personality.
>>
>>28338410
It's probably going to involve yaks, griffons, a few Changelings, and dragons fighting a new threat with the ponies.
>>
>>28338676
Let me smash your expectations down sir. It'll most likely end up being an episode with a few good ideas that are squandered in favour of Starlight learning some new shit about friendship and a song to tie it together at the end.
>>
>>28333668
It's going to be a toy line only.
Nothing has been revealed hinting towards a show or whatever.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.