[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly, why is The Saddle Row Review currently most people's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

Honestly, why is The Saddle Row Review currently most people's favorite episode of season 6 so far? I mean it wasn't that bad, had some good jokes but that's pretty much it. There has been way stronger episodes this season.
>>
>There has been way stronger episodes this season.
Like?
>>
>>28331539
It isn't my favorite but it has been one of the stronger episodes this season so thats why.
My favorite:no second prances
>>
>>28331555
Gauntlet of fire.
The times are a changeling.
Flutter Brutter.
No Second Prances.
Hearth's warming tale.
>>
>>28331539
No there hasn't. Saddle Row Review is regarded as god-tier because it looks like it in comparison to the rest of the shit that has come from the season.
>>
>>28331600
>Gauntlet of fire.
Was shit.
>The times are a changeling.
Was shit and had a bad song.
>Flutter Brutter.
Was OK.
>No Second Prances.
Was good.
>Hearth's warming tale.
Also good.

SRR is still better than all of those.
>>
>>28331618
I notice you bashed the spike episodes and said the starlight episodes were good
>>
>>28331539
sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep
>>
>>28331600
>Gauntlet of fire.
bad continuity
too fast
>Flutter Brutter.
bad continuity
>No Second Prances.
unoriginal
>Hearth's warming tale.
unoriginal

All were good, but SRR progressed nicely and with an unusual structure, and was original with good continuity with Rarity's actions througout the show
>>
>>28331618
IGNORE GLIMPOSTERS
HIDE GLLIMPOSTERS THREADS
DO NOT REPLY TO GLIMPOSTERS
>>
>>28331627
>I notice you bashed the spike episodes
Every Spike episode has been terrible.
>and said the starlight episodes were good
Yes, but not because of her.
>>
>>28331600
This is just my opinion, but:
>The times are a changeling
Rushed and some parts didn't make sense, but it was still good
>Flutter Brutter
Not quite as funny, but okay
>No Second Prances
Kind of unfunny and rushed, just uninteresting overall
>Hearth's warming tale
I have to say this was one of my least favorite episodes this season, though I've never liked the musical episodes anyway

I didn't watch Gauntlet of Fire, because Spike.
>>
File: image.png (544KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
544KB, 1024x768px
>>28331644
>>28331637
Tell me something I can believe
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 579x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 579x430px
I've seen people with shit taste, but this thread has some really shit taste
>>
>>28331555
Gauntlet of Fire.
>>
>>28331665
nice argument
>>
>>28331655
Why did you watch the Times Are a Changeling then?
>>
>>28331539

That's true. Saddle Row holds little value in therms of the actual story that was told. For instance, I consider the strongest episode of this season to be Newbie Dash, however it doesn't mean that was the episode I enjoyed the most (though, I enjoyed it a lot)
TSRR on the other hand is a very enjoyable episode - as simple as that. The same can be said about the recent episode, which had also received very positively.
>>
>>28331703
Better than yours
>>
>>28331600
Gauntlet was okay, Changeling was just plain stupid, I didn't like the 2real flutterneet episode and no I live a happy life, Trixie was good and HWT as well
But SRR was just more fun, the whole episode is just M6 doing their thing, plus the whole interview composition was fresh and interesting
>>
>>28331712
nice argument

hint: you should adress an argument's points directly
>>
>>28331709
>I consider the strongest episode to be newbie dash
Aaand your opinion no longer has value
>>
File: 1469486242538.png (128KB, 425x395px) Image search: [Google]
1469486242538.png
128KB, 425x395px
I think it was because it had that sitcom-y style kind of feel to it, that somehow manage to be entertaining through the years.
Maybe because it's new to this show.
>>
>>28331726
Nice argument
>>
>>28331704
Changelings
>>
>>28331730
Not that I would care what a literal basement dweller thinks about my opinion.
>>
>>28331747
So you refuse to give episodes a fair chance then?
>>
>>28331758
You seem a little upset
>>
>>28331736
nice argument

first to dubs wins
>>
File: 1240754.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1240754.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>Not thinking Buckball Season is currently the best episode.
>>
>>28331778
Nice argument
>>
>>28331709
>I consider the strongest episode of this season to be Newbie Dash
jesus christ an I tought OP had shit taste
>>
>>28331747
You're like those retards who hated Wind Waker because it looked cartoony.
>>
>>28331539
I guess because Rarity trusted her friends at really important moment to get things right when she initially declined the offer of help. By doing that opening the boutique wasn't the only big thing to happen. Kinda of big risk to be taking when you're establishing a business. also
>rarity
>for you
>>
>>28331787
nice argument
>>
>>28331819
that's a big boutique
>>
>>28331847
Nice argument
>>
>>28331539
theres no other episodes like that one. why?
>>
>>28331872
>>
>>28331889
For you
>>
>>28331600
Since everyone is bashing opinions here

>Gauntlet of fire.
Was average. The only reason it gets the praise it does is because it wasn't a shit episode after Princess Spike.

Just like GoF, it's average. Or if you want t be an asshole, below average as the plot forced people to use the idiot ball to move it forward.

>Flutter Brutter.
Another average episode, while some might hate Flutters in that episode, it was never anything to drop the score under a 5

>No Second Prances.
Was udder shit. My god if this isn't a case of "My waifu got an episode" I don't know what is.
>Trixie's and Glimmers friendship never feels real because it happen after a fade to black.
>While people praise how Trixie and Glimmer interacted with each other, they seem to ignore the fact that they were both bouncing off of Twilight the whole episode, and the amount of time they interacted without Twilight was a grand total of 2.5 times (.5 at the spa, 1 at the rant, 1 backstage.)
>The episode has two half assed confrontations, and one half assed resolution. Noticed how I'm missing a resolution, that's because they dropped the Twilight conflict for the Trixie one.
>That ending in general
>And the biggest sin, It proved Twilight was right with that bullshit "LOL I Won, In Your Face Twilight XD"
The only thing that episode got right was Twilight being a bitch, but they fucked that all up in the end.

>Hearth's warming tale.
While it was cute, it was just a retelling of something most of us has already seen, but with ponies instead of toys, Disney characters, other animals etc.
>>
>>28331539
It was well-paced, every main character had something to do and were well-characterized, the narrative format was a first for the show, the jokes were fun, and it was an all around comfy (inb4 buzzword) slice-of-life episode.

It should easily make top 5 this season for most people.
>>
>>28332365
Shit opinion is shit
>>
>>28332433
>comfy

post hidden
>>
>>28331539
that double framing narrative tho
>>
>YES, SRR WAS AN AMAZING EPISODE, 10/10 BEST MLP OF ALL TIME I AM COOL YET GUISE

Like sheep in a flock
>>
>>28332446
Nice argument.
>>
Only Gauntlet of Fire was better, honestly.
>>
>>28331539

Boy there have not.
>>
>>28331539
Cause memes; waifus; and muh Spike hate.
>>
i think is the most muh, of this season, no misunderstand me, i love every single episode of this season
>inb4 shit taste
i like this show, no like some /b/tards here
>>
>>28331539
I'd go so far as to say that it's the best episode of FiM.
>>
File: Ember is concerned.jpg (74KB, 679x479px) Image search: [Google]
Ember is concerned.jpg
74KB, 679x479px
>>28331618
>>Gauntlet of fire.
>Was shit.
u WOT!
>>
Who's hyped for PPOV, which could be another SSR-tier episode?
Since Tails of Equestria merchandising episode was Nick's final episode for this season, I wonder who could be the writer for it?
>>
>>28331600
>Gauntlet of fire
It's more the feat of it not being a bad Spike episode that's impressive here.

>The times are a changeling
Pfft Spikefag much. Thorax hanging out with Spike and the crystal ponies was completely sidelined cause fuck explaining others hipocrisy when you can deliver a shitty song that gets you off the hook instantly.

>Flutter Butter
Pegasi can build homes out of fluffy clouds but Fluttershy brother would rather live in her backyard on some twigs and dirt. Apparently clouds are super expensive in S6 If I had to compare the new buildings with the mythic ones we had seen before I'd say her parents live in the flying suburbs since they are too poor for fluffy dust water.

>No Second Prances
Twilight is in the wrong she judges both Trixie and Starlight pasts poorly regardless of knowing better but then everything about that is forgiven when best princess speaks once more. Twilight drives a wedge between their friendship out of petty jealousy that nearly causes Trixie to kill herself and that's okay since she's sorry.

>Hearth's warming tale
It's traditional but it's hardly original I think we all know why it gets a free pass.
>>
>>28335804
I have a strong feeling someone like De Marco or Dusedau wrote it.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.