[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/MLP/ Plays - We're Gonna Try This Again Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14

ITT: People contribute music stuffs and we combine everyone's efforts into music. Everyone is welcome to participate. Discuss show/fandom music, ask for/give critique of yours or other's music, share tips and tricks, etc.

Previous thread: https://desuarchive.org/mlp/thread/28266740

2nd Album info:

>What is this, though?
The 2nd /MLP/ Plays album, that’s what! Following the success of the first one, we decided that the world needs another. Like before, it will be a compilation album from the musicians of /mlp/. There is no specific genre that has to be adhered to, but there will be more guidelines to follow this time.

>What are the guidelines?
This time around, it’s been decided that the music for this album has to be pony related. “But what what does that mean!?” you may be wondering. Well, here is what we mean:
Songs need to be original or redone covers based off of the below conditions. It may be but is not limited to:
•Cover/remix of the music from the show.
•An original that is based off of a riff/motif/recognizable theme from the show
•Original piece that uses samples from the show (probably more than just one gasp at the end. Should really be part of the song)
•Original songs with pony related lyrics, like "Waifu Blues" or "All Ponies Must Be Perfect" from the last album.
•Redoing the music and lyrics to be pony related. Mr. Bones's Wild Ride (Hotel California Parody) from the last album is a good example.
•Includes /mlp/ related maymays/jokes/culture.
•No singing over instrumentals of other artists’ songs. "I Am Awesome" is an example. It would, however, be OK if the instrumental was redone.

>Are there any other guidelines?
For everything else, READ THE GOOGLE DOC BELOW

>Google Doc (READ IT): https://docs.google.com/document/d/18l7d2DuJD77VH5rb1Edldq8n3WjIuxIY5gflwSqjYJA/edit?usp=sharing

Email: [email protected]
Bandcamp: https://mlpplays.bandcamp.com/
Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/slashmlpmusic

Keep making music
>>
First
>>
>>28323822
NICE MEME
>>
bump let's jam
>>
Page 9 bump. Anyone got any ideas for anything?
>>
>>28325462
How about a kazoo and recorder cover of the shows intro
>>
Page 9 bump again
>>
>>28325462
We want about 15 songs for this album, right? How about making one in a different style?
We could have jazz, blues, funk, rock, metal, djent, rap, dubstep, trap, electro swing, eurobeat, orchestral or neo-mediaval, maybe a chiptune song too.

As for song ideas, maybe something about: racing, the sombraverse, fluffy ponies, something "chic, unique and magnifique", something about petting ponies, mining ponies and diamond dogs, romance, kids.

Just throwing ideas here.
>>
File: image.png (209KB, 750x850px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
209KB, 750x850px
>>28323812
Pg 10 save.

So I got an idea.

It's called Same mare.
>>
>>28327382
I'm working on a jazz chiptune song, but if we want a straight jazz song, maybe we could use the background music from "Rarity Investiagates" as inpiration, maybe a head, for a jazz tune
>>
>>28329727
>>
>>28330522
>>
>>28328892
When i was in 12th grade

they thought that i was gay

because i was a brony

i could draw, and i didn't act phony.
>>
File: medium[1].gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
medium[1].gif
1MB, 640x360px
http://pastebin.com/u/MidDayDreamer

Pastebin with two parody songs if anyone wants to pick one up.

-Let it Go
Based around the Twilicorn butthurt

-Total Eclipse of the Heart
Luna turning into nightmare moon and creating a solar eclipse
>>
yeeeah!
>>
File: Tsundere.png (167KB, 315x267px) Image search: [Google]
Tsundere.png
167KB, 315x267px
>>28323812
It was time already
mfw i can't ask you for updates
>>
>>28333579
One day, anon
>>
thorax sings
>>
B U M P
>>
>>28335668
>>
File: ?.png (423KB, 1084x648px) Image search: [Google]
?.png
423KB, 1084x648px
>>
woah page 10???
>>
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSAVE
>>
Came up with a parody for Lucy in the Sky with diamonds. I wanted to have the chorus spell out something like how the original spelt LSD, but I couldn't think of one. Here's what I have so far though.

Picture yourself in a land full of ponies
With colorful manes and beautiful eyes
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A mare trails a rainbow behind

Marble stone castles of yellow and gray
towering over your head
Look for the girl with the sun on her thighs
and she's gone

Chorus
Ah~

Follow her down to a street with a fountain
Where talking horse people eat strawberry pie
Everyone stares as you walk through the city
Their gaze so incredibly high

Beautiful ponies appear by your side
waiting to take you away
rubbing your back with your head in the clouds
and you're gone

Chorus
Ah~

Imagine yourself on a train in the mountains
with picturesque pastures and cerulean skies
Suddenly someone is right there besides you
Your mom as she's shaking your sides.

Chorus
ah~
Chorus
ah~
Chorus
>>
File: twili_bump.png (97KB, 347x658px) Image search: [Google]
twili_bump.png
97KB, 347x658px
Bump for interest. Loved the first album.
>>
>>28340926
Need to change "look for the girl" in the second stanza to :look for the mare".
Also change cerulean to indigo for better flow.
>>
>>28340926
Bruh we don't have to make the chorus mean anything. It's not that serious.
>>
>>28342077
We've already came up with 'May-aking love to ponies"
>>
>>28342442
That's fucking horrible.
>>
>>28342508
You're just jealous of our awesome lyric making abilities.
>>
>>28342650
The verses are good, don't get me wrong. But in a parody the chorus is THE most important part. It has to match syllable-wise with the original and not be completely retarded.

I think "Derpy In the Sky with Muffins" works, or some pony-based variation on "X in the X with X"
>>
>>28342665
B-But it has to spell something

DSM doesn't match. if we abandon that then we lose a lot of cheekiness
>>
>>28342875
the original didn't make any sense, why should this be any difference?

"Marble in the loft with Pastries" makes just as much sense as the original, if not a bit more while keeping the cheekiness.
>>
File: Whoa_Keanu Reeves.jpg (16KB, 299x274px) Image search: [Google]
Whoa_Keanu Reeves.jpg
16KB, 299x274px
>>28342875
>B-But it has to spell something
>Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
>Lucy Sky Diamonds
>LSD
>Alternatively, DSM
>Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
>mfw
>>
>>28342903
Stop Making Sense
>>
File: 1421205182650.jpg (26KB, 206x323px) Image search: [Google]
1421205182650.jpg
26KB, 206x323px
Page ten bump.
QT Mk Crusaders is being worked on.
I haven't started on Sound Guy's Streets midi. I'll start that tomorrow.
>>
File: 1471036765690.png (2MB, 1546x976px) Image search: [Google]
1471036765690.png
2MB, 1546x976px
>>28343456
>>
>>28345149
Nice
>>
>>28347300
>>
>>28342903
Marble in the Loft with Pastries is pretty neat, but you'd have to change the entire theme of the song to be about Marble Pie
perhaps as a parody/tribute for Pencils's work?
>>
>>28350255
it's unlikely we'll go in that direction.

if you've listened to the original. it's not like the song carried a theme at all. this song's about ponies.
>>
File: Quite.png (333KB, 498x653px) Image search: [Google]
Quite.png
333KB, 498x653px
>>
Now then
>>
>>28350736
Yes, indeed.
>>
Anyone want to post something and see if we can get a song going? Even if it's just for fun
>>
File: 1393723820662.png (9KB, 344x341px) Image search: [Google]
1393723820662.png
9KB, 344x341px
>>28353686
What would you like? I mean, I'm currently going through my some 800+ midi doodles for ideas after spend the day procrastinating from Streets.
Also, even though I watch the show, I don't actually know any of its themes beyond the opening song, thinking about the "original piece that's based off of a riff/motif/theme" bit.
>>
>>28353795
Forgot name.
>>
>>28353795
Today is Stop Procrastinating Day!
>>
need help with lucy in the sky wth diamonds cover

need: maracas, tambura.

if you have a lowrey organ laying around, we'd love to use it.
>>
for the LSD parody we've got

Me on Double tracked Vocal, Bass, acoustic, and maracas, i guess.

Wootmaster on Harmonies, drums, paino, and lowrey organ

Sound Guy on Lead guitar, he might be mixing.

we need someone with a tambura, if that's a thing people have.

we want a natural lowrey organ.

here's our lyrics >>28340926

thanks, mate.

with the catch line 'Marble in the loft, with pastries, i guess.

the acoustic and the piano aren't very apparent in the song, so they may or may not be cut.

we want to deviate from the song a bit, give it that 'mlp plays' sound, if that's a thing.
>>
>>28355348
Maybe you could use "Maybe there's a life with ponies". It could go along with the whole dream thing and keep the MLP acronym. Just a thought
>>
>>28355137
i have a dick maraca, that does count?
>>
a single bump, picked from the finest batch.
>>
>>28354639
>Today is Stop Procrastinating Day!
Noo! My one weakness!
I've got the key down as Ab at 96bpm.
Although they were already midi files, I redid the two rhodes files making them comprehendable/losing subtlety.
I also sent off a job application that I'd been letting slide for three months.
Drums and guitar next. The midi file for drums is... interesting.
The guitar loops but I'll need to figure out what exactly's being played. I also seem to have a text file of someone's guesswork for the guitar.
Harmonica will be easy because I know what I played.
>>
>>28358136
Got that harmonica on lockdown.
>>
>>28356548
>>
I wanted to start recording stuff but I got a call from my company and they need me back so I'll be away for a month.
/blogpost

Here's a midi of a song I was working on, I'll record it next month I guess. In the meantime I'll get to write lyrics for it.
It's about cute ponies that you can brush and hug and pet and cuddle and stuff, meant to be sung with a strong, high-pitched voice, kind of like AC/DC or Iron Maiden, if I can make myself clear.
Anyway, here's the file. Need a guitar solo, and some parts of the bass track aren't done, but the structure and the main riffs are there.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q1t5137ojv49tx/petpone.mid?dl=0
>>
>>28323812
>>
page 10 is a nono zone
>>
>>28363022
>>
>>28361314
Will listen after work.
>>
There are a loooooot of parody songs I've seen in these threads so far.

Will there even be any non-parody songs on this album at this point?
>>
>>28365221
Original stuff always takes some time. However, the more ideas are posted, even a small riff or something, the better.
>>
nyx song
>>
>>28365221

Yeah, it sure seems that way. I'm a bit worried that the new rules are discouraging musicians from doing original work, like me. But that's what people voted on, and it seems necessary since this is a pony album after all, so I can't complain.
>>
>>28365221
I'd say that's because parody songs are easy to do: get a pre-existing song, swap out a couple of words and voilà!
We have at least one non-parody song in the pipeline (QT Mk Crusaders) and Streets currently doesn't have any lyrics.
I don't know if there are any other songs, made collaboratively or not, being worked on.
>>
>>28365221
I don't have much to add to the other answers.
It's hard to create a good new song from scratch, AND make it pony related, I suppose.
>>
>>28366968
I have literally three originals on standby, the raunchy acoustic song, a loona kinda musical song thing, and a country- blues styled song about braeburn.

just got to get through the easy stuff, the parodies that's being done, and then onto an original song.

for me, it's not difficult. we've i'm just going one at a time. with the parodies up front right now.
>>
in the aeroplane over /mlp/
>>
>>28365221
likely because you have to either use a motif from the song in an original piece or write pone-related lyrics, which requires a vocalist and also good lyrics

parodies are just easier
>>
>old thread links ded
uhoh
>>
sssssssssssssssssssssssssave
>>
File: 1349562854588.gif (67KB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
1349562854588.gif
67KB, 400x360px
>>28370839
>archive.heinessen.com
>archive.moe
>desustorage.org
>desuarchive.org

>archived.moe has shitty pop-up ads and currently no search functions
>>
>>28373129
why must we suffer
>>
>>28370839
arch.b4k.co/mlp/
>>
File: bump.gif (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bump.gif
2MB, 1920x1080px
Pagaroo tenawotsit.
Who's cooking up some music?
>>
>>28374689
>>28373813
>>28372039
>>
>>28374689
>>28374689
me and woot are making a peerodee with sound guy's help and dreamer coming up with
>>
File: Octaviajyf564.png (496KB, 820x974px) Image search: [Google]
Octaviajyf564.png
496KB, 820x974px
Wew lads. Thanks to Harmonica and FolkFag, I'm finally piece together the acoustic guitar played on streets. I just need to figure out an easier way to play it, if possible:

Chords so far (standard; no chord strumming):
|----4-------3-------2-------1----|
|----4-------4-------2-------2----|
|----5-------3-------3-------1----|
|----6-------5-------4-------3----|
|----6-------6-------4-------1----|
|----4-------3-------2-------1----|
>>
page 10 save rave
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.