[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MLPFEMTORPG - Beating the Bear Poster to the Punchline Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 6

File: mlpfmtorpg-2.0_core UNOFFICIAL.jpg (3MB, 1200x2559px) Image search: [Google]
mlpfmtorpg-2.0_core UNOFFICIAL.jpg
3MB, 1200x2559px
This pastebin holds what you may need to learn how to pretendhorse http://pastebin.com/Pu749mrT
>>
bea- wha-what?
>>
>>28258878
>Beating the Bear Poster to the Punchline
>Forget to actually say 'Bears' in OP

one job OP
>>
Follow me to the gay sheet... posting...

This joke sounded better in my head.

Post your sheets.
>>
File: RadioShack_Exterior_Modified.jpg (639KB, 1692x909px) Image search: [Google]
RadioShack_Exterior_Modified.jpg
639KB, 1692x909px
>>28259020

http://pastebin.com/BRhUtuss
Try reading that outloud by the way, BRhutuss
>>
>>28259020
http://pastebin.com/7PWjnmHR
>>
>>28259020
http://pastebin.com/3PRQ7Ei2
>>
File: if only it was musicalquest.jpg (634KB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
if only it was musicalquest.jpg
634KB, 1920x1072px
>>28259020
http://pastebin.com/epkjADA4
>>
>>28259032
et tu?
>>
>>28259032

Blue Screen 5/5
Xavier 5/5
Elaine 6/6
Jack 5/5

Nice and small.

That's what she said.

Unfortunately...

Noveling.
>>
>>28259119

The year is 1312 ANM and summer is just beginning. As such, today is the day of the Summer Sun celebration. And, each of you have decided to make it a traditional Summer Sun Celebration and spend it in Ponyville. As usual, Princess Celestia will be appearing for the ceremony here. She doesn't appear in other cities any more. It's become a tradition for her to hold the ceremony in Ponyville.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih9KffOGPBk

It's turned the town into a bit of a tourist trap in recent years. The whole area is littered with gift shops and hotels. But, the historic district has maintained its quaint charm despite the tourist destinations like the first Rarity's Boutique and Sugarcube Corner.

It's still early in the morning. The sun hasn't truly risen in the sky yet. There's still time before the ceremony begins. But, you've all gotten up early. You have to if you want to get a spot in the crowd where you can actually see Celestia. Still, you may have gotten up TOO early. There's still a fair amount of time before the ceremony will begin.

So, each of you has decided to take in the sights. There's a lot to do in Ponyville, but all of your paths eventually lead you to the same location: Fluttershy's old cottage. It's a must see historic sight. One of the last holders of the Elements of Harmony AND the God of Chaos both once lived here. As roommates, no less!

As could be expected on such a holiday, the line to get in is long. They can only take so many in for tours at once. So, outside you wait in line, the Everfree Forest mere yards from your current position, as imposing and mysterious as ever.

The four of you, by sheer coincidence (if you can even call it that, it's not like you know each other) stand in line next to each other.

"'ow long can zees tour be?" the unicorn in front of you all complains in a heavy Prench accent. "I came a long way to see zee princess. I simply canNOT mees her because of thees. It would be an outrage!"
>>
>>28259272
"She's just pegasus with a horn, only thing that makes her special is she's got that whole sun thing going on."

Blue Screen says, looking over her shoulder,

"Y'know, some of those radical movements say the sun moves on it's own, that she doesn't do any of it herself. Isn't that something to think about? Makes you think, atleast."

She pulls out a stick of spearmint gum from her purse of holding and starts chewing it, snapping bubbles loudly every once and awhile.
>>
>>28259272
"Not much longer I imagine. From the times I've been here the tours are short enough."

Xavier's eyes drift away as he says this, mulling over the nearby Everfree.

"Quite short."

>>28259335
"A alicorn is just a pegasus with a horn, or a unicorn with wings; but a princess is a earth pony with both."
>>
>>28259272
Jack looks on towards the far, far off front of the line, reaching back and giving his greased up hair a rub as he groans audibly. "Grrrm. Come on, ponies, it's a mostly empty cottage. Get in, take a picture, get out, night's not getting any shorter." He sighs, wishing he could take a quick smoke to calm his nerves, but forgot his sticks at the hotel.

He turns up to the prench pony ahead, "Well, buddy, if you're in that big a hurry, get the hell out of line. I bet the cottage isn't going anywhere." He takes a look towards the Everfree Forest, his ears slightly twitching nervously as though he had a bad feeling. Then again he tends to have those frequently.

>>28259335
"Hey," he points out, "I think you're not givin' credit where credit is due. I rather like that whole 'sun' thing, figure you might too."

He snorts, "Sun moves on its own. Sure. Next you're going to tell me there's a microchip in our heads that sends our thoughts directly to the government."
>>
>>28259272
Elaine stands around, adjusting her large glasses, hoof idly shifting the contents of her labcoat's pockets.
>>28259335
She turns her head around as Blue Screen pipes up, seeming slightly more enthused then she was just standing in line.

"Actually, she doesn't really move the sun. She uses magic to rotate the Earth along its axis creating the optical illusion of raising the sun. That's why she was also able to take over for her sister when Nightmare Moon was banished 1312 years ago, which is pretty topical given its the Summer Sun Celebration."
>>
>>28259385
"The fuck that's supposed to mean."

Blue Screen says, snapping a bubble.

>>28259411
"Could live without it, prefer indoors anyways. An' if your microchip thing was true, believe me, I would know. What the do I look like, one of them tinfoil hat-wearers? Just making conversation, sheesh."

>>28259417
She rolls her eyes,

"Wonderful, thanks for sharing, sugar."
>>
>>28259335

"Zee way we tell eet in Prance is that she does move zee sun. But, she makes zee earth move. And, her sister does eet at night. But, to say that such a divine creature as 'erself could do neither is simply - 'ow you say - ridiculous!"

"Eet is why I am 'ere at all, no? Her figure deserves zee attention. She is one 'oo is made to be admired and be'eld and - 'ow you say - ogled on occasion, no?" he waggles his eyebrows at the word 'ogled'.

>>28259411

"I may just do zat yet," he responds to you. "I mustn't be late. But, I also must leave today back to home. It ees a -'ow you say - predicament, no?"

>>28259417
>>28259385

"Yes," he says, following your gaze to the Everfree Forest. "I do not like thees place much either. The forest... i-is it truly 'ow they say it ees? It is..."

He trails off. His eyes go wide. He quickly points toward the forest. "I-is there someone in the woods!?" he says loudly. "I could swear I can see a pale pony in there, no!?"

He looks around to see if anyone will confirm his sight. But, everyone else in line is clearly actively trying to ignore everything he's saying, fed up with his complaining and shouting.
>>
>>28259447
"Well I thought so, I actually have some theories on how the solar system would work without the alicorns' intervention, but its really hard to get accurate numbers."

"Magical princesses are a nightmare on gravitational calculat-aaaand you were being sarcastic."

Elaine says, deflating slightly.
>>28259469
Elaine looks towards the forest.

"Its just the Everfree. Its probably just a tourist, they'll be fine as long as they don't get lost."

She says answering the Prenchmen.
>>
>>28259469
"Hey I like being ogled, I don't make people wait in lines."

Blue Screen says, nudging the Prench Stallion, before looking to Everfree Forest ( [1d10] do i see anything out of the ordinary?)

"There's plenty of pale ponies in this line. I ain't complaining, I like 'em light."
>>
>>28259469
"A pale pony? Can't say I saw it. But being this close to the ancient Everfree, I don't doubt it."

Xavier's eyes come back from the Everfree and over to the prench pony.

"Say, friend, are you... superstitious?"
>>
>>28259447
"Prefer the indoors? Doing what?"

>>28259417
He turns to Elaine, "Yeah but, functionally it's the same thing. From our perspective, anyhow." He gives a curt laugh. "Mostly just appreciate the festivities."

As you realize Blue Screen was being sarcastic, you hear him chuckle audibly, but softly, trying to be somewhat polite about it.

>>28259469
Jack gives a roll of his withers, "Well, better choose quick there, friend. I don't know what's keeping everyone so damn interested in the cottage, but I figure the princess isn't worth missing for it. Only damn reason I came out here, anyway, mostly taking in the sights for the hell of it. Don't get out to Ponyville often."

As he shouts and points towards the woods, he turns his head, leering through the dark coverage of the trees and woods to see what he sees.
[1d10+1] Heightened perception to look through, "Should be safe if they're just on the outskirts. I think the things you really need to look out for in there don't jump you into you get in over your head."
>>
>>28259580
"Tinkering, wiring. I'm a techie, used to work at Radio Stable before they went down the shitter."

she shrugs,

"Now? Consider it an extended vacation."
>>
>>28259598
Jack cringes, "Ah, damn! Don't remind me, I couldn't fricking believe they went bankrupt. Had one down the street I would get my radios fixed, camera or radio fixed, and I the best VCR's this side of the east coast. Now it's all DVD's at those big-ass chains... pff. Not the same."
>>
>>28259636
>DVD's
*disks
>>
>>28259636
>>28259598
>>28259580
Elaine listens to their back and forth, before contributing again, looking to Blue Screen.

"So, what did you work on? Just repairs or?"
>>
>>28259636
"Hey, I may not be employed anymore but I know how it all works. Happy to work privately, hit me up sometime."

Blue Screen says, offering a business card with her address and phone number.

>>28259653
"Anything the common consumer could obtain and a bit more. But that's hobby stuff. Here, seriously I could always use more bits."

she hands her a business card too.
>>
>>28259538
>>28259541

You see something moving further into the woods. However, soon after you look, it goes out of view.

>>28259541

"It ees because you are not famous, no?" he responds, not looking away from the woods. "The princess, she ees royalty. She attracts more ponies with a - 'ow you say - more delicate pallet."

>>28259580

You see the figure before it turns around. And, with your heightened senses, you are able to see it with greater clarity. And, you are absolutely certain of what you saw. It was a pony in every way. But, it had no face. It had a head. Where there should be ears, there were none. Where there should be eyes, there were none. Where there should be a mouth, there was not one. It did have nostrils, though.

>>28259553

"Superstitious?" he asks, repeating the word. "Non. Thees is a poor word to describe eet. I am an - 'ow you say - enthusiast. I love things which are spooky and mysterious."

As he says this, he hops the fence and begins to march into the Everfree forest.

>>28259580

You feel a strong compulsion to follow him.
>>
>>28259580
"You don't get to Ponyville often? It's a wonderful little town, plenty of history, nice ponies. The Everfree being right in your backyard is usually enough to sca- err... dissuade many from moving here."

>>28259676
"An enthusiast?"

Xavier says while he excitedly scrambles over the fence to follow him.

"I too am an "enthusiast" of the occult, the "spooky" and the dark. I actually have an emporium of sorts here in Ponyville, fortune tellings, future readings and even seance. Although the naive ponies here are a bit off-putten by that last one."

Xavier realizes he's saying all this with no real evidence.

"In fact, why don't I..." [1d10] Commune with the prench ponies shadow.
>>
>>28259670
He takes the card, reading it over as a small grin appears on his face. "Heh. Lucky me, you work in Manehatten? Convenient, I'm downtown. Good thing too, my new player destroyed a tape last month and I had to pull out the old one to watch anything."

"How's business doing in the private sector?"

>>28259676
Jack peers through the darkness of the woods, looking at the pony figure in the woods with discretion. As he sees it turn look at him, Jack's mouth opens up slightly as he takes in the featureless face. "What in the hell..." he mumbles before it turns to leave, "Can't be."

As he heads deeper into the woods, he looks at Elaine, Blue, and Xavier, shouting, "Hey, hold my spot, thanks!" Before running ahead of the Prench pony, waving his hoof at the mysterious figure heading deeper into the forest.

"HEY! You! Hold on, you don't want to go in there, it's not for tourists!"
[1d10] Running to catch him.
>>
>>28259728
>before running off
"Nah, work keeps me back east too much for vacation. Definitely a cleaner city than Manehatten, maybe if I live long enough I'll get my kids to exile me to a retire home here."
>>
>>28259676
>>28259728
>>28259730
Elaine turns her head as the ponies head into the woods.

"Hey, wait, where are you going?"
>>
>>28259785
>>28259670
"Blue Screen." Elaine reads aloud.

"Nice to meet you. My name's Doctor Elaine S. Rocketry. I'm something of a tinkerer myself."

>Forgot the second part of my post
>>
>>28259785
He turns back to Elaine as she shouts after he clears the fence, "Some idiot's heading into the Everfree forest, someone's got to turn his ass around. I'll be back in a minute!"
>>
>>28259676
She tries to avoid looking at the woods again
>>28259730
"Hey, I don't charge much, electrical and magical work helps keep me sane with all the shit that goes along in life, sometimes I think I-"

she sees the group start to head into the woods,

"I ain't saving shit, good luck with your death march!"

>>28259790
"Doctor? So you put ponies back together, huh."
>>
>>28259804
>>28259812
Elaine looks as Jack, Xavier, and the prenchmen all head on, slowly turning her head back to Blue.

"Not that kind of Doctor. I'm a Scientist. I do research and experimentation, then sell the resulting patents to companies. Mostly aeronuatics, so if you've ridden an airplane lately it probably used something of mine."

"I also publish."
>>
>>28259812
>>28259871
After he springs off, he shouts back to Blue Screen, "The dangerous areas are deeper in, we're not going far to reel him in."
>>
>>28259728

You connect with his shadow. But, he does not stop moving. You'll have to keep up with him. (You don't need to roll right now since he's not really running.)

>>28259730

You run ahead, quickly getting out of sight of the others. The figure looks like it's just walking, but it remains a fair distance ahead no matter how fast you run.

You feel like you're catching up when it goes out of sight around a tree. When you round the tree yourself, you find yourself in a clearing. The figure is nowhere in sight and there's no sign of which way it went. Dead leaves litter the ground since no one bothers to clean them up out here.

You can hear the rustling of leaves from Xavier and the Prench pony behind you as they enter the woods. But, you can't see or hear anything outside of the woods. You're too far away now.

A cold wind blows. Too cold for the warm summer morning. It causes the leaves to lift into the air and swirl around you. Leave dance in and out of your vision, frequently completely blocking your sight for brief moments.

It's after one of these brief moments that you could swear you saw the figure again on the other side of the clearing, facing you. But, once another leaf blocks your vision, it's gone again.

>>28259812
>>28259790

You two get left behind as the other three head into the woods.
>>
>>28259881
>>28259871
Blue continues trying to avoid looking at the forest,

"Huh, way above my league, you don't need my card after all. What's a bigshot like you doing waiting in this line then."

she laughs hearing airplane,

"Hah, why would i need to ride one of those deathtraps when i was born with the safer way to fly. I understand how they work but jeez flinging metal up into the air full of very flammable fuel just isn't how flying's supposed to work. 'Least blimps and balloons just floated."

Her gum getting old, she tosses into the grass to the side of the road.
>>
>>28259923
>>28259881
Elaine continues talking with Blue.

"Pfff, what am I supposed to do, just stride through the line, and when everypony gets mad just say 'No its alright, I have a PHD'?" she says laughing at Blue's suggestion.

"And airplanes are very safe, and they're getting safer all the time. Really all kinds of aerial vehicles have, and should continue in that direction. My dream is a flying cart in every garage by 1350"

She says like her sci-fi suggestion was at all a realistic timetable.
>>
>>28259881
>>28259728
Jack sprints ahead into the woods, cursing to himself as the light begins to leave. "Just a fucking tour of an old mare's cottage, didn't think it'd be too much to ask for."

He looks around for the stallion as he runs off, grunting and catching his breath as he stops around the tree. Upon turning it, he stares at the clearing, looking around for the faceless, earless horse no where to be seen as he looks at the dead leaves scattered around on the ground.

"I know I saw him turn here. Should be hoofprints, a trail."

He listens to the cold wind blowing through the clearing with open ears, his face gritting at the fridge as he whistles for Xavier and the prench pony. "HEY! Over here. I lost him."

He grunts as the leaves temporarily blind him, "Not staying in here long, this whole forest is wrong." but then his heart races as he spots the pony again, shortly before vanishing, "Wait, found him! Damn it, he's going further in!"

[1d10+1] Chasing after the pony, and looking for hoofprints or a snapped branch to indicate where he might of gone, or something out of the ordinary he might have dropped.
>>
>>28259881
"Hmm. Can't do anything serious while he's waltzing around like this."

Xavier drops the commune then lifts up his bird skull necklace.

"I knew I should of let that Saddle Arabian fix this."

>>28259981
He now chases after Jack, yelling as I try to find him.

"Wait up there! It ain't safe to be in the everfree alone!"
>>
>>28259969
"Uh huh, well best of luck with that, I ain't ever gonna buy one."
>>
>>28260014
"He's getting further away, why don't you two speed it up instead?!" He calls out
>>
>>28259981

You find nothing. It's as if the pony was never even here.

Soon, Xavier and the Prench pony catch up to you, following the sound of your whistle.

>>28260014

"The pony 'as disappeared?" the prenchman asks as he arrives on the scene, practically ignoring Xavier save for glancing over to him to make sure he still has company.

"Where could-" he begins to ask before stopping midsentence. His eyes widen again. Only, this time they are full of more terror than excitement. He is unable to form words. He silently points toward the opposite end of the clearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjcazbvU1VQ

The faceless pony is there again, clear for the three of you to see. Though, you can now see that it is clearly translucent. Its body hangs above the ground as if it is falling, but can't reach the ground.

Looking at it creates a feeling of discomfort like you're looking at an object from the wrong point of view. Like when you're looking at a television screen and there's a glare. It's wrong. You're missing something. It's uncomfortable. You feel as if you should move to correct the issue. But, nothing your mind tells you gives you any indication of what perspective would make this better.

There is a sudden loud, cracking sound as if something large snapped under an intense weight. But, it creates no echo in the woods. The sudden and loudness of the sound, however, is enough to make the prenchman screech like a little filly.

He tries to turn to run away, but in his panic, he immediately runs into a tree. He quickly gets up, disoriented, and runs in the completely wrong direction, further into the woods, screaming the whole time. Spooky enthusiast, indeed.

The floating, faceless pony's head snaps unnaturally quickly to face the direction the prenchman goes. And, in the same unnatural quickness, it chases down the prenchman. They both go out of sight, further into the woods.
>>
>>28260076
>>28259969
>>28259923

The line begins to move as the next tour is allowed in. However, not enough are allowed in to accommodate you. Still, you will probably get in next time.

However, as the line stops moving again, you hear what sounds like a little filly screaming from the woods. The excitement of the line moving causes most of the other ponies to pay it no mind, however. Or, perhaps they are willfully ignoring anything involving the Everfree Forest.
>>
>>28260093
>>28260022
>>28260076
"Wait, stop. Did you hear that?" Elaine asks Blue as the scream echos through the forest.

"I'm going to see what those ponies found before they get themselves killed."

She says, trotting off into the woods towards the scream.
>>
>>28260076
"It-"

Xavier cuts himself off.

"You- you saw that too, right?" He says, looking at Jack.

Not even waiting for a response, Xavier continues.

"We should try and stay together. Wh- what's your name, donkey?"
>>
>>28260076
As Prench pony and Xavier draw close and Jack looses the pony once again, the mule looks around, looking for any trace of where he had gone. "Gone.... just, gone. He couldn't have teleported, I didn't see a horn. Or a flash."

He looks to the Prench pony, looking into his eyes filled with terror as he spots something that clearly sets him off. He flattens his ears, "Oh. Don't tell me..."

He turns to look at the faceless, translucent ghost as it floats in the middle of the clearing, and a chill goes up his spine. "You found him." He glares uncomfortably at the aberration, feeling greatly disoriented.

As Prenchy screams and runs off, he turns towards him trying to grab him by his tail before he gets too far, but finds himself too late as the ghost quickly gives chase, "No!"

>>28260149
>>28260076
He growls, looking at Xavier, "First thing, I'm a mule. Second, it's Jack. Third, good idea, let's go." He starts giving chase to the Prench-pony, "We're just going to get ourselves in trouble if we keep this up though, we need to get the Ponyville guard in on this! If we don't find him in a few minutes, we head back, it's our only option unless we want to wind up in the same position."

[1d10+1] Giving chase throughout the woods, looking for the Prench pony and the faceless creature
>>
>>28260093
>>28260148
Blue looks around at the line, then Rocketry.

"Aw fuck it, wait up."

Blue Screen says, following close behind.
>>
>>28260170
>>28260149

You both follow in the direction the chase went. However, you're unsure where to go at first. Thankfully, the confusion is quickly gone as the prenchman lets out another scream. Though, the scream quickly ends abruptly.

Still, the scream gave you all the info you needed. In less than a minute, you find him lying on the ground, his eyes glazed over. His body is limp.

>>28260172
>>28260148

The sounds of the leaves rustling and the screaming makes it easy to know where to go. That combined with the fact that you're able to take the hypotenuse of the triangle rather than the legs of the path that the other two did, you catch up with them quickly enough. You arrive at the scene of the limp prenchman not long after they do.
>>
>>28260170
Xavier begins to follow slowly behind.

"I'm Xavier. Professor Xavier. err, Professor Xavier Quetzal. Just refer to me as Xavier."

I attempt to peer far into the Everfree, not for the ponies, but for anything looking ritualistic or occult. [1d10+1]
>>
>>28260219
>>28260225
"Xavier, got it, now let's move."

He gives chase with the zebra into he woods until they come across the second scream, Jack keeping silently to himself as he gives chase in the direction of the shout until they find the scene of the limp prench pony.

Jack grunts. "Damnit. Hold on," he gets down on the ground, moving his hooves to the pony's neck and checking for a pulse, then moving his head down to press his ears against his muzzle to listen for a breath.

[1d10+1] Is he still breathing and does he have a pulse?
>>
>>28260219
>>28260148

"Aw shit, you said you weren't the healing kinda doctor, right?"

Blue checks for a pulse on the stallion, before checking over his body.
>>
>>28260261
>>28260219
Elaine walks out into this scene, seeing Jack checking for a pulse.

"What happened to him?" she asks.
>>
>>28260263
>totally didn't notice this
>>28260261

Blue moves out of the way,

"What the fuck is going out over here?"
>>
>>28260286
>>28260263
He turns to the two mares as they enter the scene, "Great. I guess my spot in line is gone then."

He looks down at the stallion, "I don't know what it is we saw run into the woods, but it was no stallion. Some kind of faceless, transparent, floating... ghost, for lack of a better term at the moment. It chased after Prenchie and we heard him scream. Found him like this."

>>28260263
"I'm no physician but I have some medical training. If he's still alive I'll do what I can to see he makes it to a real doctor."
>>
>>28260225

You don't see anything ritualistic in the area. Though, when you check the prenchman's eyes, you see that they are not simply glazed over. There are flowing colors moving across them. Though are not familiar with the practice yourself, you know enough about occult magics to know that this is the sign of someone's astral presence not being in their body.

>>28260261

He has a pulse, but he is breaths are slow and shallow.

>tfw feel like I'm testing out lifeguards

>>28260263

The donkey was quicker on his feet! And also rolled.

>>28260286

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8QTDnqWAEk

As if to answer your question, another cold wind blows in. A faceless pony appears, translucent and seemingly endlessly falling just like the first. Though, this one's body has a lankier build.

It merely floats in place a few feet away from everyone, facing them. There's something tragic about its demeanor. You aren't sure why. It has no face to evoke such an emotion. And yet, you can't help but get that sense from it.

It floats silently and motionlessly as if waiting for something.
>>
>>28260321
Xavier takes note of the pony's condition.

"A shame really, if he was dead we'd have a better chance at talking to him."

His attention then turns to the spirit. He thinks for a bit, then asks.

"Do you have a will?"
>>
>>28260312
"Shit, knew this forest was a death trap. We gotta grab this guy and get the fuck out of he-
>>28260321
"Shit shit shit, what the hell is that. We gotta get out of here."

Blue says, backing away slowly and trying to get to the edge of the forest again.
>>
File: ff_weta3_hires.jpg (1MB, 3000x2057px) Image search: [Google]
ff_weta3_hires.jpg
1MB, 3000x2057px
>>28260263
>>28260312
Elaine watches as they look over the Prenchmen's body, testing his vitals.
>>28260312
"A ghost? Is this really the time for jokes? That's just an old superstition. Magic can't revive the dead."
>>28260321
Elaine's face goes blank as the apparition appears before them. She pauses for a moment.

"In light of new evidence, I'm going to have to amend my previous statement." she says drawing what looks like an shiny chrome toy from her pocket, pointing it at the ghost.
>>
>>28260380
[1d10] backing up slowly
>>
>>28260388
"Wouldn't be jokin' if I had a better word for it. I know that sounds ridiculous, likely some magic or illusion made by the forest, but that's what the damn thing looked like."

>>28260321
>>28260362
>>28260388
>>28260380
Jack lets out a sigh as he brings his head back up. "Breathes are shallow, but present. He's alive, most likely unconscious. We'll have to take him back to Ponyville General."

He begins to lean down to pick up the pony, but then as the cold wind blows through the clearing, Jack's ears flatten, and he looks up immediately recognizing the chill running up his spine. He looks at the pony, different but featuring the similar faceless features as it floats there, waiting. He glares at it, keeping his breathes steady as he faces down the monster floating there.

"Hello again..." he tries to speak calmly.

>>28260362
>>28260321
Jack growls, "If he doesn't, I do."

Jack reaches deep into his trench coat, and pulls out a long, six round revolver that's fixed to his hoof on a station, barrel aimed up at the monstrosity. "Don't move, stay right there. Who and what the hell are you?"

>>28260380
He shouts, "NO! Don't run, that's how this happened in the first place! He's faster than he looks."

>>28260388
"Told you..." he looks at the chrome ray gun, smirking, "Kid, I like your approach, but a real gun is likely going to do more here. Put the toy away."
>>
>>28260420
"The fuck am I supposed to do! That thing has no face!"
>>
>>28260380
>>28260388
>>28260420
Xavier steps forward from the group, attempting to put down any weapons brought out.

"Speak to me, spirit."

Roll for commune. [1d10+2]
>>
>>28260427
He turns away from looking down his barrel to look at her, "Look at me. You're gonna be fine. Just stay there and try not to shit yourself, we've got this under control."

>>28260432
As he steps forward, he mumbles "Xavier, what are you doing? Get away from that thing, quick this isn't a damn seance."
>>
>>28260451
Without looking away, Xavier replies.

"Neither is it a gunfight. Put down your weapons."
>>
>>28260427
>>28260392
Elaine doesn't look away as Blue starts backing up, just keeping her ray-gun focused on the ghost.
>>28260420
>>28260432
She ignores Jack's critique of her weapon, instead looking to Xavier as he steps forward.

"Who is this guy? Get out of the way!" she shouts as the occultist tries to communicate with it.
>>
>>28260420

It doesn't respond in any way.

>>28260388

It doesn't seem to care about the weapon.

>>28260380
>>28260392

Every muscle in your body screams in pain as you back away. But, you fight through it and put a sizable distance between you and everyone else. Suddenly, the pain is gone.

>>28260362
>>28260432

It's head drifts slowly toward you as if it can suddenly see you. It speaks to you in the language only you can understand.

"Will breeds sin. Our Lord took our mouths so that we may speak no evil. And, still there was sin. Our Lord took our ears so that we might hear no evil. And, still there was sin. Our Lord took our eyes so that we might see no evil. And, still... there was sin."

The pony begins to float toward you. You feel a swell of emotions rush over you as it does: immense grief, optimism, and terror in equal measure. "So our bodies Our Lord demanded of us. Our minds Our Lord demanded of us. And STILL there was sin."
>>
>>28260506
>forgot to add

Once it is finished speaking, the faceless pony is inches away from Xavier's face.
>>
>>28260479
>>28260466
"Xavier, if this thing attacks, I would like to avoid shooting a civilian. This thing attacked what's-his-name, it's aggressive."

>>28260506
Unable to comprehend the mysterious language it speaks to Xavier, Jack cocks the hammer of his revolver as the monstrosity moves to within a mere inch of Xavier's muzzle. "Hey, Xavier, you're still hearing me? I said move AWAY, I don't like how this thing is not-staring at you."

He looks to Elaine and Blue, "I'll grab Prenchie, then we'll all back up slowly, as a group. Inch our way back to the outskirts of the forest. If it tries to follow us, I'll fire a warning shot."
>>
>>28260506
Blue whispers to herself,

"Fuck Blue, get a hold of yourself. You can handle yourself in a fight. Shit, I don't know what it is, I don't know ghosts."

she peers at the group, but constantly looks over her back,

"Shit I hope there's only one. Please let there only be that one."

[1d10] perception via paranoia
>>
>>28260506
"Your lord is a kind lord then. Was it from your lord that you were commanded to remove the astral presence of this pony here?"

Xavier ignores all other ponies.
>>
>>28260556
>>28260591
>>28260506
Elaine doesn't lower her weapon, but speaks to Jack as the professor speaks to the ghost.

"No. I want to see whats going on here."
>>
>>28260591
As Xavier speaks in a language unbeknownst to Jack, the mule lowers his gun a few inches, "Xavier? Hey, Xavier, are you listening to me?" He glares, "Fuck... Xavier, tell me this thing isn't doing anything to you. Say something if you're able to hear me." He points the gun straight at the chest of the aberration.

>>28260622
"You want to see how this plays out? I can tell you how it's going to play out. Whatever that thing did to our good friend taking a dirt nap down there, I'll bet five bits we're going to get a first-hoof experience real quick. It's some kind of trick of the forest, it has to be."
>>
>>28260577

You don't see another anywhere.

>>28260556

The thought of backing away makes your body ache.

>>28260591

You feel another swell of emotions that eclipses the last one in intensity. Anger, hate, and frustration flow into you with such ferocity that it makes your legs feel weak. Your eyes water involuntarily.

But, as quickly as it comes, it's gone. "Another has sacrificed himself so that this one," he gestures to the prenchman, "might be shown the path to Salvation. Just as I must do for you. For all of you," he gestures to the rest of your group. "You have more promise than any that have been shown the path yet. Please follow."

He outstretches his hoof.
>>
>>28260668
"I am not sure if the other ponies are interested in Salvation right now. I will follow you. If you are interested in bringing salvation to these other ponies, I would need some time to speak to them. Could you give me some time?"
>>
>>28260713

It simply nods, but does not put its hoof down.
>>
>>28260646
"We don't know that. We need more information."
>>28260668
Elaine takes a tentative step forward, not lowering her ray-gun.

"Ghost? Doctor Elaine S. Rocketry, super-scientist, long time skeptic. Would you be willing to perhaps undo whatever it is you've done to this prenchmen, as well as provide me with information regarding your origins, place of residence, reason for being here, and maybe a tissue sample?"
>>
>>28260668
>>28260713
Jack quivers slightly as he feels the painful sensations at the thought of retreat, but keeps his hooves steady as the creature continues to glare at Xavier, seemingly entranced with him. He shouts, "Alright, that does it. Whatever you are, if you can hear me, I'm going to count to five. You have until then to back away. One... two...."

As it outstretches it's hoof, he stares at it, keeping the gun placed carefully as he gestures towards them. "Well, at least it's something... is it wanting to show us something?"

He nods his head towards Prenchpony. "What you showed him, maybe?"

>>28260746
"A little wordy for him, Doc. The last one didn't have much to say either."
>>
>>28260746
>>28260767

Its lack-of-face faces each of you in turn, but it does not communicate in any way. However, you suddenly feel a strong wave of regret and frustration.
>>
>>28260724
I speak to the group.

"The spirit speaks of a "Lord" this "Lord" has removed it's senses to prevent sin and as a path to salvation. But that was not enough. He says he can show us this path too. That we are the most promising potential followers of the path he has ever seen. He asks us to follow."

Xavier takes a minute to recoil from that rant and from the extreme emotions he has just suffered through.

"I told him I would follow. I believe we can learn much from this encounter."
>>
>>28260798
>>28260810
>Unbreakable Will: passive; famously stubborn, donkeys are immune to mind control, domination, intimidation and suggestion.

Jack's eyes narrow as he manages to resist the waves of emotion, keeping a keen eye and calm mind under the pressure of staring down the faceless creature.

He turns to Xavier as his voice returns, sighing. "Fuck. Give me a heart attack here. You're telling me you can talk to that damn thing?"

He listens to Xavier's explanation, and raises an eyebrow, "So, this 'lord' it's talking about removed half of its face. And now he wants to show us the same deal. And you want to go ALONG with that?"

He looks at the downed pony, "Did you ask what happened to him?"
>>
>>28260767
"You never know unless you ask."
>>28260798
Elaine twitches as she feels thoughts not her own running through her mind, shivering at the violation.
>>28260810
"So he's superstitious then?" Elaine says derisively.

"As much as I like the prospect of learning more about this thing, I'm going to have to decline. This is far outside my expertise."
>>
>>28260855
"I am not "going along" with that. I want to see what this spirit has to show us."

He rubs his head.

"I did ask. But I could not understand what the faceless one meant. He spoke something like 'Somepony else has given oneself so that this one may be put on the path.' It's a rough translation. The language of the dead does not translate well into any language."

>>28260868
"Superstitious is not the word I would of used, but yes. And please, come with me, I would like very much to have somepony with me in case of anything disastrous Miss... uh, um... I don't think we've been properly introduced yet."
>>
>>28260868
Jack grunts. "Hmph. Well you're not wrong on that. Feel like I'd get as much to satiate my curiosity from an autopsy."

As you twitch, he asks, "You alright?"

>>28260909
He glares. "Hmmm... I still don't like it. This reeks of trap. But I need more to go off from him for what happened to our foreign fellow."

>>28260909
>>28260868
>>28260577

Jack sighs, "I'm going with him. I'm not letting this thing hurt another pony in the forest if I can help it. If he did something magical in nature to the prench pony I'm going to need to make him fix it."

He turns to look over his corner for Blue, but has trouble seeing her. "Blue Screen? You still here?"
>>
>>28260909

"If I do not bring you back with me, my sacrifice will have been for naught. And, it has to be all of you. Please," it adds pleadingly. Its form begins to flicker.
>>
>>28260936
Blue is quiet behind a tree, not trying to give away her location

>"Alright Blue, they're not all dead, but I think it's trying to lead them further into the forest. Could be some kinda ghost ambush. I'll follow from the back, I can always fly and get the guards. Or something. Who the fuck even deals with ghosts?"
>>
>>28260945
Computer crashes net not working trying to fix plz wait on me
>>
>>28260945
"I understand. I will have you know the donkey has agreed to come. The other two I'm sure will follow."

I nod to the spirit, allowing it to lead.
>>
>>28260909
"Elaine. Doctor Elaine S. Rocketry. Super-scientist."

"And you are?"
>>28260936
"I'm fine. But I think this thing is using some kind of psychological magic."
>>28260936
>>28260945
"You should really reconsider that. This sounds far more dangerous then its worth."

Elaine says, still unwilling to follow.
>>
>>28260978
Jack opens up his extra long donkey ears, peering through the dark trying to see if she's still in the clearing.

[1d10+1]

>>28261016
"...yeah, I think I know what you're talking about. I can feel something coming off of it."

>>28260987
>>28260945
>>28261016
As Xavier nods for it to lead, he looks to the zebra incredulously, "The kid has a point, Xavier. I'm used to making decisions detrimental to my health, but does it need all of us?"
>>
>>28261016
"Professor Xavier Quetzal. Occult Expert."
>>28261037
"It says it needs all of us. You have no reason to trust me, but what would we be if we did not pursue this? Not a upholder of justice or a mare of science."
>>
>>28260987
>>28261016
>>28260978
>>28260936

The faceless pony nods. His hoof touches Xavier's head and moves through it. There is a loud cracking sound that deafens everyone's hearing. There is a flash that blinds everyone's vision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdbjnnx8S1s

Mere seconds later, everyone has recovered as if nothing had happened. However, you're no longer in the Everfree Forest. You're in the middle of some flat countryside farmland. All the plants are grey and brown and dead.

Next to the party, there is a cobblestone well. It clearly hasn't been used in years and has fallen into disrepair. Half of the cobblestones have fallen off onto the ground. The structure which is supposed to be holding the bucket has withered and decayed, collapsed over the top of the well. The bucket sits next to the well, covered in moss and algae.

In the distance (to the north, if the sun is to be believed), miles and miles away, there is a city. The skyline of the city is far grander than anything in Equestria or Europony. The skyscrapers are hundreds of stories tall. Though, many of them seem to have collapsed or fallen over.

To the east, less than a mile through a field of dead corn (or at least that's what it looks like), there is a small farm house. Though the roof seems to have caved in on the top, it still stands proud and strong.
>>
>>28261016
Jack's eyebrow perks up. "Wait. I heard that name before." He turns to you, "In Scientific Equestrian. There was an article about directed energy and its applications for theoretical laser weapons." He glares. "You're not THAT Rocketry, are you?"

>>28261055
>>28261016
He slumps his shoulders. "Well shit. If that's what it says." He turns to Elaine and off where he saw Blue left, "Might have missed our window with our handy repairmare. But it's still your choice, kid. You don't have to go rushing off to certain doom to save someone you don't know. If you do, I'll make sure you get back in one piece."
>>
>>28261102
>forgot to add

Neither the faceless pony nor the Prenchman are to be seen anywhere.
>>
>>28261102
Blue Screen jumps, flying over to the party,

"Where are the hell are we?"

she asks, shaken.
>>
>>28261102
Xavier takes a deep breath in.

"It's quite calm here. Very relaxing."

He glances around again

"But unsettling. Relaxing and unsettling. A peculiar emotion."

Xavier looks into the sky, checking the weather and anything noticeable about the clouds, if any. [1d10+1]
>>
>>28261102
>>28261102
Jack grunts and holds up his hooves as the blinding glare envelops them all, shocked and awed at the sudden display from the faceless pony's magic.

After the light fades, Jack looks around at their new, startling surroundings. He takes in all of the sights around him, but his gaze focuses solely on the distant, colossal skyscrapers that stand in ruins.

"Well... looks like our new friend made our decision for us." He puts away his revolver, holstering it on his belt as he takes a few steps towards the well, holding a loose cobblestone in his hoof. "Don't suppose he mentioned where he was taking us, Professor?"

[1d10+1] Taking a look at the surroundings: despite the odd buildings, do i recognize this particular slice of country from anywhere?

>>28261117
He sighs. "There you are. Was hoping you'd gotten away for a moment there."

He takes a look around, "Well, Toto," he drops the cobblestone, "I've a feeling we're not in Ponyville anymore."

"Maybe not even in Equestria."
>>
>>28261037
"Kid? I'm twenty five!" Elaine protests.
>>28261055
>>28261107
>>28261102
Elaine is about to respond to the both of them, before the bright flash.

She looks around, surprised at the change in scenery.

"Where are we? Did that thing teleport us?" she says, looking around.
>>
>>28261144

The sky is grey. The clouds are a darker grey. But, it doesn't feel like it's about to rain. The air is, in fact, quite dry and arid.

>>28261154

It absolutely isn't anything you've ever seen, read, or heard about. It's not even similar.

>>28261172
>>28261117

The cold silence is all that answers you.

The atmosphere is heavy. It makes your head swim. It's as if you yourself are heavier. And, the air is rancid. Not with a smell, but with a feeling. It's as if the air you breath rejects your body. Despite the relatively cool temperature, your body feels hot.

You don't feel like you could stay standing for very long with this feeling.
>>
>>28261172
>"Kid? I'm twenty five!" Elaine protests.
"Respect your elders, punk." Jack retorts with a joking grin.

>>28261172
>>28261206
Jack groans. "Looks that way. I don't recognize this slice of country from anywhere. I'm completely lost." He takes a look at the distant dystopia, "I don't think it's teleportation. My money's on this being some kind of illusion spell. Best damn one I've seen, but I need to look more into it." He takes a whiff, cringing. "Not too closely, I hope."

He moves over towards the empty well, pulling out a flashlight from the belt hidden underneath his trenchcoat, "I'm guessing whatever 'path' that thing was talking about, we're going to need to find on our own."

[1d10+1] Using the flashlight to search the empty well
>>
>>28261206
Xavier takes his attention away from the clouds.

Things begin connecting in his head. The prench pony, the glazed look in his eyes, the unregulated weather.

He silently hopes his body doesn't get eaten by Timberwolves.

I walk to the edge of the corn, looking into it.
[1d10+1] Perception
>>
>>28261252

As your face approaches the small part of the well not covered by the collapsed structure, your nose is met with the most horrific stench you've ever smelled. It's like a combination of sulfur and vomit. When you shine your flashlight into the well, you see that there is no water, not a single drop. However, there are patches of a substance that you can only assume is a fungus growing up and down the walls of the well. It's red and black and smooth looking.

Look into the bucket next to the well, it seems to have a liquid form of the fungus caked on the bottom, black and red swirled together and a displeasing appearance. The bucket shares the same horrific smell.

>>28261292

You don't see anything but dead, grey corn stalks. Despite their obvious expiration, they continue to stand tall and rigid, the tops of which reaching above your heads.
>>
>>28261252
>>28261252
Elaine looks at him annoyed, before feeling the pain of the hostile environment. She pockets her ray-gun, and walks over to the well, picking up a piece of cobblestone.

"I don't think so. We're going to have to do some experiments. I already have some theories."

"Can you accurately keep time? I want to check the gravitational constant."
>>
>>28261305
Jack gags as he sticks his muzzle down the well, ears flattening as he shakes his head. "Ugh. Yep. That definitely smells like shit." He takes another whiff, trying to memorize the scent, and he takes out a small specimen-packet and forceps, reaching down to pick off a piece of the fungus to analyze later.
>Extracting the fungi sample from the well.

After taking it from the well, he looks to the bucket next to it containing the liquid form of the same nauseous substance. He tips over the bucket away from the others, seeking to see if there was anything within the bucket underneath the vicious liquid.

>>28261305
>>28261343
>>28261292

He turns to Elaine, "Huh. Smart plan." He takes to his watch on his hoof, "My watch has a second hand. I'm guessing to test the gravity you'll need something more like a stopwatch though."

He turns over to Xavier, "Xavier, I'm guessing from your ability to speak to the damn thing in the first place you might have some kind of inkling from this place? Feeling any voodoo coming off it?"
>>
>>28261379
"Just count it in your head, we just need to know if the gravitational pull is higher then it is on earth. If it is, that should tell us plenty about where exactly we've been taken."

Elaine says, clicking her heels as jets deploy out of the bottom of her black steel-toed boots, the Scientist soaring a good 30 feet into the air and hovering.

"Alright, start counting in 3, 2, 1-"

She drops the rock straight down, paying little mind to the fact that jetboots are not something that is possible with modern technology.
>>
>>28261305
"Nothing here seems to truly die. If this stagnancy is a path to salvation..."

He trails off, almost confused at his own words.

>>28261343
"Mrs. Rocketry we're not on a physical plane. It's very likely that conventional physics might not even work properly."

>>28261379
"Voodoo would not begin to describe it. This is something else."

He glances over to the grass again.

"Nothing dies. Maybe nothing has died. Not normally at least."

An idea forms.

Roll Commune to search for any dead [1d10+2]
>>
>>28261402
Jack looks down at his watch, then puts his hoof back down, "Sure, just tell me when to start the count..."

He watches with wide eyes as she clicks her heels together and streams of jets begin pouring out of her shoes, staring up straight at her as she soars 30 feet in the air. "What the..." he stares up at her, "Those can't be... Hey!" He shouts as she hits her peak, "What in the hell are those?"

As she suddenly drops the rock and counts down to 0, he shakes out of his surprise, "Oh, wait, shit... uh two-one thousand, three one thousand, four one thousand...." he counts quietly as the rock tumbles to earth, still trying to wrap his head around the device on her hooves, the ghosts, the illusionary world, and so forth.

>>28261416
"Nothing DIES here...? How is that remotely possible? Things look to be pretty dead looking around. The well must have had something die in it at one point or another. How can you tell?"
>>
>>28261444
"Look at the corn. Still standing. And this is a plane of astral projection. We are only our souls here."
>>
>>28261379

You gather some of the fungus and put it into a bag. It comes off easily enough.

When you spill the bucket, a tiny bottle not more than 5 inches long and 2 inches thick spills out with it. The red and black liquid quickly falls off and away from the bottle as if repelled by it. The bottle is full of a bright, golden liquid. There is a label on it that simply says "Glory".

>>28261402

As you fly up, you notice that the air gets thinner quicker. You would think that that would be a pleasant change of pace, but it makes you feel even more lightheaded.

The stone falls nearly 50% faster than it should.

>>28261416

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WShknpNpHbY

You find no undead, but your magical probing draws something toward you. You hear something moving in the cornfield. However, the sound of the corn rustling is quickly drowned out by a loud, bizarre sound. It's like a combination of a high-pitched agonal gasp and an electric theremin. The sound lasts for several seconds before it drowns out into a low gurgle.

The sound happens a second, shorter, louder time as a low thud indicates something being thrown from something. A large, curved bladed object whizzes by Xavier's head, coming form within the cornfield. It misses by sheer luck. As the weapon lands into the ground, a green and pink substance splash off of it. Every inch of it is coated in the substance to the point that the actual weapon can't be seen. The substance that splashed off quickly congeals into the ground.

All of the corn stalks in the direction the weapon was thrown are cut down. However, whatever threw the weapon quickly goes into hiding. Xavier only gets a small glimpse of something large, pink, and green. The portion he saw looked like either an arm or a tail, thick and long. It looked like an arm, but the manner in which it freely slithered out of view makes the facts confusing.

It makes another threatening gasping sound.

>PAUSE
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.