[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The insistence to use Greek creatures is lame. I would prefer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

The insistence to use Greek creatures is lame. I would prefer a more original bestiary.
>>
>>28253968
/vp/ pls pokemon go
>>
File: 1470554358239.jpg (392KB, 792x6020px) Image search: [Google]
1470554358239.jpg
392KB, 792x6020px
>>28253968
>>
>>28253968
that's probably one of the more originaly bestiary's though.
>>
>>28253968
What do you mean? The show takes creatures from all cultures. What about Ahuizotl? Or the manticore? Or the Tatzlwurm?

And even if we ignored these, the show HAS an original bestiary. Like Timberwolves, those electric fireflies, Windigos, Quarry Eels and Ursas.

I think a better question is, what mythological creature would you like to see in the show? I think a Kelpie would be cool, and would fit thematically.
>>
>>28253998
>Uchchaihshravas
>Seven-headed flying horse that became the king of horses
Alicorns on suicide watch
>>
File: 4d4cad_985195[1].jpg (1MB, 2976x2016px) Image search: [Google]
4d4cad_985195[1].jpg
1MB, 2976x2016px
>>28253998
And these are infinitely more entertaining.
>>
>>28254019
Windigos are not original, neither are Ursas.

Parasprites and Twittermites (and I guess Breezies but they are essentially fairy ponies) are some of the few original creatures on the show, and they are the most fondly remembered.
>>
>>28254040
Windigo's bear little to no resemblance to the actual Wendigo's they take their name from, I'd call them original, name regardless. They're like the Bugbear. I'd classify them as original creatures.

If something bears no resemblance to what it's named after, it's effectively its own original creation. This is the whole 'is a dwarf still a dwarf even if it's eight feet tall and lives in trees,' argument. Well, no, it's not, you're just calling it a dwarf for no reason.

And even if we ignore Windigo's, we're still left with Timberwolves, Breezies, Twittermites, Fruit Bats, Discord, Parasprites, Quarry Eels, Slingtails, that stone crocodile that appeared once, the Tantibus and countless other original monsters.

Face it, the show has loads of original creatures for its bestiary.
>>
>>28253998
I didn't realize Ahuizotl had an actual basis, that's kind of neat if you ask me.
>>
>>28254100
Yea, I know. It's shame his entire mythology basically comes down to 'cries like a baby to lure people to their deaths' though.
>>
>>28253998
huh

now I know why the New Jersey Devils are called what they are
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.