[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else dislike that this pony loves Daring Do? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Does anyone else dislike that this pony loves Daring Do? It's vapid and grossly out of character.

This pony is supposed to be a scholarly bibliophile. Her literary interests should span the pony equivalents of Tolstoy, Joyce, Dostoyevsky.
>>
>>28225298
>Her literary interests

Her literary interests are to read. She likes books. End of discussion.

If you really want to get into headcanon, maybe it's just a guilty pleasure of hers. Or perhaps she finds one thing about it that lures her in. The writing, the pacing, maybe even just the simple adventures in them.

If you get down to it, why the hell do you watch a show for little girls when someone your age would enjoy something far more thought provoking and engaging in story without loose ends and wonky lore?
>>
>>28225298
You are allowed to read boks that are fantasy stuff from time to time. Not all in life is STUDY AND LEARN you know.
>>
>>28225298
Sounds like you want flat, underdeveloped characters.

What's wrong with Nerd Horse having a guilty pleasure?
Plus, she's still very young, it makes perfect sense that she still has affection for the books she read as a filly.
>>
>>28225298
she can read and like watever she wants ya jackass
are you one of those euphoric 'master of his own destiny' types?
>>
>>28225298
To be fair she doesn't seem that interested in Daring Do that much. Certainly nowhere near as interested as Dash. She decided to tell Dash to read it when she said she didn't like reading like a faggot so she certainly doesn't consider it highbrow.

I read Joyce, Pynchon, DFW, and all those other /lit/core meme authors too, but I still enjoy the show
>>
>>28226095
Yes, but unlike Twilight we're pseudointellectual manchildren. She would be friends with us only out of pity for our pretenses masking failed aspirations and the insipid dawdlings of benighted personalities.
>>
>>28226429
You act like she puts herself up on a pedestal and would look down on someone showing her love and kindness.
>>
>>28226511
You're right. She wouldn't even judge us. Which is just another aspect of how we are nowhere near her league.
>>
>>28227957
Okay, be deluded.
>>
>>28225298
Nonsense. Someone who reads for pleasure can find it in almost anything. Loving books does not mean you relegate anything that is not a classic. She reads both to learn and for fun. She would obviously be the sort who would have tried to read anything and everything. Some things are shit and some are not but there's no way Twilight would trap herself into the confines of a single type of genre. Especially after her experience with poison joke taught her not to judge scholarly works. Heck, the entire story kicked off with her reading fairy tales and old legends as fact.
>>
>>28225298
Twi is a shit pone with shit tastes. She's a maximum phony, more of a stemfag than an actual literate person
>>
>>28228004
It is you who are deluded if you think that she might deign to date any one of us.
>>
File: 1453850408009.png (366KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453850408009.png
366KB, 1280x720px
>>28225298
MAMA NEVER WOULD HAVE LET THIS HAPPEN
WHERE ARE YOU MAMA
WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US
>>
>>28225298
Twilight is not just any reader, she literally reads tens of thousands of books. She most likely reads about everything, every subject, every genre
>>
>>28228415
That's a good point, but it still does not explain her enthusiasm about the pedestrian fad. I suppose it could be resolved if she has that same enthusiasm for any book, and Daring Do happens to be one on which she can relate to other ponies.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.