[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So since everyone always criticizes the show, what would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1434259900968.png (380KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
1434259900968.png
380KB, 1278x720px
So since everyone always criticizes the show, what would you do differently?

For me personally, I still enjoy the show a lot but if there's one thing I miss it's simply the more "mythical" feeling environment, I would make things a little more back to the fantasy animal kind of feel where it felt like a hydra or some shit could be around any corner once they went outside of Ponyville, and another thing is that I would make probably more comfy episodes with different townsfolk...even if nothing important, it would be fun to see what Cheerilee or even someone as minor as Berry Punch do in a day, the show introduces so many characters for dramatic reasons but why can't we just have some fleshing out of characters for no reason other than that in itself?
>>
No conflict, no interest. More high fantasy adventuring, fight scenes, and diplomacy.
>>
Put the adventure back into MLP like with Season 1.

Nowadays all you hear is
>omg adventure we don't want show 2 b dragon balls!!

You think I'm joking? You would not believe how many times people turn around and state dragon ball at the brief mention of adventure episodes. They want the show to be more like Season 1 and 2 and yet they don't want what actually made those seasons good.

>but /mlp/ isn't a hivemind
Yes it is. If 2-3 people don't count you might aswell call yourself Thorax.

I want to try and respect everyones opnions but /mlp/ doesn't have any valid critism and bashes anyone trying to branch out of that mold. EqG and etc may be a circlejerk, but so is /mlp/ but with the opposite agenda.
>>
File: 1471167455085.jpg (58KB, 849x481px) Image search: [Google]
1471167455085.jpg
58KB, 849x481px
>>28210974
Simply bring back old show
Make us discover new lore and shit, not this stupid LOL REAL WORLD WITH PONIES bullshit we get.
>>
I genuinely believe Slice of Life episodes are killing the show.

Pun unintended.
>>
>>28211098
I mean adventure doesn't = action, I think when people make the DBZ comparison they're talking about mindless michael bay explosion fests like the s4 finale, which yes some fans apparently want the whole show to be, I think the show needs to be a nice mix of adventure and slice of life.....cute pony adventures mixed with cute ponies and a decent dose of lore to indulge in is what made it great in my opinion, not ponies having fisticuffs and blowing shit up
>>
>>28210974
I want the ponies to be nice to each other again and have more episodes about feelings, where they help each-other instead of making fun of the main character for feeling bad about something. They could fit some lore and adventure in there to satisfy these faggots, too, but I just want kindness and friendship in my pony show.
>>
>>28211379
Let me guess, you're a Dashfag
>>
>>28211098
You do realize S1 was like 90% SOL, right? ofc you don't, you're a retarded nostalgiafag

>>28210974
Anyways, I think the show is pretty good now, it just needs more consistent characterization. Right now there's little to no consistency in character behavior episode to episode.
>>
>>28211098
>adventure episodes
>like season 1
>literally SoL: the season
>>
>>28211017
B8
>>
>>28212856
Kek
>>
>>28212835
>>28212856
(You)
>>
File: ponderbelle.jpg (48KB, 462x462px) Image search: [Google]
ponderbelle.jpg
48KB, 462x462px
>>28211098
>>28210974
Now that you mention it. S1 had significantly more random mid-season boss monster encounters than Any other Season
S1
>Ursa Minor
>Ursa Major (kinda)
>Red Dragon
>Green Dragon
>Parasprite Swarm
>Hydra
>Cockatrice

S2
>Quarry Eels
>Big Spike
>Windigoes

S3
>King Timberwolf
>Evil Amulet

S4
>Flutterbat
>Tatzlwurm
>Chimera
>Evil Book

S5
>Smoose (kinda)
>Tantabus
>Bugbear

S6
>those rock throwing things
>Windigoes (kinda)
>that big sand lizard
>>
>>28210974
More.
Fucking.
Villains.

Seriously, Chrysalis is Goat, Discord was GOAT for a time, trixie, gilda too, but they all get reformed over and over again.

Take last week, why not introduce a serial prankster? A guy who just pranks the town for shits and giggles, instead of putting it on Dash?

We don't have a single new antagonist since Glimmer, and those that come back get redempted. Fuck, they couldn't do it with the changelings at a whole but they TRIED!
>>
>>28213842
Derp didn't see the above post that pretty much says the same thing.
>>
>>28213842
>instead of putting it on Dash?
Getting real sick of you Dashfags, guess the meme is real
>>
Could definitely use another encounter with Chrysalis. And stop reforming villains!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.