[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gives up being Dragon Lord because he wants to be with his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

>Gives up being Dragon Lord because he wants to be with his friends, and sees someone else who would do it better
>Puts his reputation on the line for a friend

If Spike had an element, it would have to be Sacrifice. Holy shit, this episode got me. Spike has been so good this season.
>>
>>28207802
>Spike has been so good this season.
It's one of the things keeping me on this season actually.

Unlike other seasons, Spike is actually being a character and not just being shat on.
Spike has been having some great interactions lately, and seeing how he's being paired up with Glimmer as well, whose chemistry also works, I actually have high hopes for the little guy.

Under-fucking-appprecitaed
>>
>>28207802
Spike's theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBr8Zt2eS9o
He and his fans are still fags though.
>>
>>28208038
I'm interested in the whole theme that they have going. Spike takes a magic bullet to the chest for his friends and we think he's dead for a split second when?
>>
>>28208099
Too hardcore for little girls.
>>
>>28207802
He has really been amazing.
>>
>>28208109
Guardians of Harmony
>>
>>28208118
Tv-y7?
Could work.
>>
>>28208099
>Spike "dies" in S6 finale
>It happens during some invasion or whatever, Spike was trying to protect his friends but failed
>Too ashamed to admit his failures to the Mane6, goes into hiding
>Uses the time to further his knowledge, to grow more powerful
>Learns how to control his dragon size stuff
>Comes back in a giant reveal in the movie ala >>28208118 style
>This will be yet another plotline spoiled by the toys
>>
>>28208210
He may be ashamed that he couldn't protect his friends, but I don't know if he'd run off. Why let one failure prevent you from succeeding in the future?
>>
>>28208287
>but I don't know if he'd run off
Well, Owl's Well that Ends Well, of course that was back in Season 1.

It does show that he has the capability to though.
>>
>>28208210
Zero pls
>>
>>28207802
And yet Twilight and arguable the rest of the mane 6 see him as a cuck.

Spike is like that overly nice guy that ends up getting shit on by his closest friend despite all his good points.

I like the direction overall, but I'm a bit tired of the writers insistence on giving him awkward moments, having twilight and friends constantly roll their eyes whenever he takes front stage and the writers always giving him these moments where he is this narcissistic blowhard because of his Napoleon complex.
>>
>>28208373
He is a male in a feminist show.
They can't give him any praise and treat him fairly, because of obvious reasons.
>>
>>28208373
I think Twilight eating humble pie in the newest episode and realizing how much Spike is willing to give up for friendship was a great moment.
>>
>>28208389
True. I kinda find it sad this is the absolute best we can expect from Spike.
>>
>>28208210
We know that won't happen since he is already shown in the movie poster.
>>
>>28208784
It could happen during the movie for all we know. Or he already has the power by then.
>>
>>28207802
Whatever you say, Jim.
>>
>>28209233
End this meme.
>>
>>28209770
Go away Jim.
>>
>>28211704
Spike has had some of the best development this season next to Rarity.
>>
Spike annoys the shit out of me whenever anything having to do with the Crystal Empire comes up. It wouldn't be so bad if the little faggot had a shred of humility instead of letting the crystal ponies retardedly gush all over him.
>>
>>28212732
This. The forced hero worship bullshit is getting fucking old.
>>
>>28209233
>>28211704
Hi Mattel.
>>
>>28212732
>implying
You do realize he wore a disguise just for this reason literally today, right?
>>
>>28208373
Yeah, but at least they let him brag about saving CE and don't go Mare Do Well on him
>>
>>28212732
You mean like putting on disguises because he doesn't want ponies doing that?
>>
>>28212807
>>28212770
Funny how fast that attitude went right out the window when he went out on patrol with the guards.
>>
>>28212846
You mean where he was confused about what to do and uncomfortable leading them?
>>
>>28212770
>>28212807
If he weren't a faggot the disguises wouldn't be necessary, he'd just straight up tell them to cut that shit out whenever it starts up, but he won't because you know the little fag gets off on it. He lets that shit go to his head too easily, and that's the part I can't forgive.
>>
>>28212860
He took it upon himself to "lead" them. He was only asked to accompany them, nothing more. He had no authority to tell them what to do and should have just kept his fucking mouth shut and let the professionals do their job.
>>
>>28212846
Would you rather he sit on his thumbs and tell everyone he's a useless sack of shit? He's supposed to be a hero, and heroes lead. You can tell it's all for show by his lack of self confidence, but they need the inspiration. That's what makes him a good character.
>>
>>28212868
He is genuinely their savior. And he was willing to put it up all of it for a friend. That is what mattered.
>>
>>28212885
>Would you rather he sit on his thumbs and tell everyone he's a useless sack of shit?
Yes, I'd rather he tell the truth.
>>
>>28212868
>people thank you for saving their lives
>tell them to fuck off
You got some keen social skills anon
>>
>>28212877
Yes, the guards who look under a picture frame are totally competent anyway.
>>
>>28212896
>And he was willing to put it up all of it for a friend. That is what mattered.

Oh, you mean after going 100% fucking Judas on him and nearly getting him lynched?

Wonderful fucking character, amazing friend.
>>
>>28212905
Ah, so you just hate him. Guess we can end the argument here.
>>
>>28212915
There is no argument, Spike has literally no redeeming qualities.

NOTHING can ever make up for his behavior in Princess Spike. The little faggot doesn't know how to handle attention in a humble manner and I can't forgive that.
>>
>>28212913
He did it in the end. It was a mistake. Characters make mistakes.

Since you went to the bible, id like to remind you Peter denied Jesus 3 times.
>>
>>28212933
I won't waste my time. Enjoy rolling in your bile towards a fictional character.
>>
>>28208373

Yeah I mean, the Mane 6 totally don't appreciate him. I mean it's not like Twilight and Rarity went on a dangerous journey to a hostile land just to lend him some support.
>>
>>28208389
that feel
>>
>>28212948
Twilight went to study dragons.
>>
>>28212913
He made a mistake and was scared. He's not perfect. That's what makes him so great.
>>
>>28212935
He barely even hesitated. Given the choice between defending someone he called a friend and protecting his own fucking reputation and celebrity status, he fucking jumped on the latter and didn't even TRY to backpedal, even though he immediately realized he fucked up.

That makes him a piece of shit. I can forgive his sperginess, I CAN'T forgive someone who betrays a friend in their moment of need, no matter how hard they try to make up for it later.
>>
Yeah at this point im pretty sure during the development of S6 they had a writers meeting to pretty much straighten out Spike's character, he's done pretty much a complete 180 in consistency and is now as consistency enjoyable as Rarity. Fluttershy will be in the same vastly improved boat too if they keep up with how she was characterized in Flutter Brutter next time she's actually relevant again (and goddamn it feels like FS has been really sidelined for 2 seasons in a row compared to the rest of the M6 in terms of screen time)

Pity Applejack apparently got all the bad vibes that used to surround him. I would say Rainbow Dash too but Rainbow Dash has ALWAYS been inconsistent so I don't feel like much has actually changed there.
>>
>>28212994
>is now as consistency enjoyable as Rarity
So you mean not at all?
I agree.
>>
File: 1469059409732.jpg (64KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1469059409732.jpg
64KB, 894x894px
>>28212990
But he still saved Thorax. Remember if he didnt convince them, Thorax would have died of starvation.
>>
>>28212990
Yeah please tell me more about how you would fucking stand up to a giant mob on your own.
>>
>>28213057
A giant mob that I had god-tier status among? Would not even slightly be an issue. If you have that kind of influence, fucking use it when shit gets tough, don't roll over like a massive fucking faggot at the first sign of trouble.
>>
>>28213080
This was something that he would lose his status over. Plus he is still a kid and gets scared sometimes.
>>
>>28213111
>something that he would lose his status over.
Exactly, and the fact that he chose to save his own skin instead of helping a friend is reprehensible. His status meant more to him than his friend's safety. Unforgivable.
>>
>>28213080
I'm going to assume you've never actually faced any real opposition in your whole life.
It doesn't fucking matter how good your reputation is with a group if you suddenly go against all of their ideals. They will fucking turn on you and they will eat you.
>>
>>28213139
>I'm going to assume you've never actually faced any real opposition in your whole life.

On the contrary. Try spending 6 years in graduate school surrounded by staff and colleagues whose job it is to shit all over everything you do. You learn to grow a thick skin really fucking quick because you won't survive if you can't.

If you're in a position where you've earned that kind of respect, you're in a position to negotiate with even the most hell-bent opposition within your sphere of influence and make them see reason.

You don't fucking belly up first thing as a matter of practice, ESPECIALLY not with that much at stake. He was a fucking coward and a traitor that threw his friend to the wolves, and I can't abide that.
>>
>>28212965
Twilight went on a hair trigger because she was worried about spike getting hurt. Studying dragons was a bonus.

She actually does care about her dragon, you know.
>>
>>28213185
Calling your work shitty isn't even close to standing up to a lynch mob. Pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>28213185
>He was a fucking coward and a traitor that threw his friend to the wolves, and I can't abide that.
This.
>>
>>28213220
>Pull your head out of your ass.

Not that anon, but take your own advice, fampai. You said he's never faced opposition and he showed that was a false assumption.

Also in graduate school it's not a matter of people simply, "shitting on your work," it's a case of "everyone around you is actively working toward destroying your career and reputation that you may have spent a decade or more building up."

Academia can be fucking brutal, but I wouldn't expect someone who's still in high school to understand that.
>>
>>28212913
He's a child and can't think like the older characters can.
Plus, Shining was in his face about the whole 'nice' thing
>>
>ITT: Spikefags on full damage control because they can't accept they like a garbage character
>>
>He's a child
Have you ever noticed how this argument only ever comes into play when people are trying to defend his shit characterization?
>>
>>28213128
He couldn't go up against the mob even with his status, plus he was scared.
>>
>>28213264
Lots of cognitive dissonance all up in this thread, Anon.
>>
>>28213284
>I was a shit friend to you but you should forgive me because I was scared

That's not how it works, Anon.
>>
>>28213274
On the contrary, that makes him a strong one.
>>
>>28213293
A true friend like Thorax would.
>>
>>28213185
Yes, because if mobs are known for one thing it's their openness to being reasoned with.

>>28213080
>A giant mob that I had god-tier status among?
That turned out really well for Jesus Christ, kek.
>>
>>28213306
A true friend wouldn't throw you under the bus like that in the first place.
>>
>people trying to rationalize/excuse shitty behavior instead of acknowledging a character they like has flaws when he's called out on them

You're worse than waifufags.
>>
>>28213293
Pretty sure that is how it works, senpai.
>>
>>28213274
Are you saying he isn't a child?
>>
>>28213314
Yeah they would, but then it becomes a matter of what lengths are they willing to go to fix it. Spike fixed it.

Granted it was with a faggy song but he still fixed it
>>
>>28213325
No, just making an observation. People love to trot this out as an excuse whenever someone points out anything negative about Spike whatsoever, as if it should be immediately ignored and forgiven because "hez justa babby."

I don't buy into that shit. His characterization throughout the series has been all over the place. He's had moments when he's had the most level head on his shoulders out of all of the main characters, so he needs to be held to a higher standard than that. When he fucks up in a major way, it can't just be brushed aside and chalked up to his being a "child," because we know for a fact he's better than that, because he's fucking DEMONSTRATED it in the past.
>>
>>28207802
It was significantly better than GoF, because something was actually at stake and it wasn't just him being a generic "good guy" for the sake of being a good guy. There was actual conflict that wasn't just him being an omniscient fountain of wisdom for some other also painfully cliche character.
>>
>>28207802
>If Spike had an element, it would have to be Sacrifice.
No, no it would most definitely be the element of Autism.
>>
>>28207802
Spike...Spike had a hard life
>>
>>28213360
I would argue that being inconsistently (in)competent is very child-like, even more so than just always being an idiot. Just because a child says or does something inordinately intelligent or insightful every now and then doesn't mean you can rely on them to do so. That's common sense.
>>
>>28213478
>Just because a child says or does something inordinately intelligent or insightful every now and then

When a child does something intelligent or insightful it's almost ALWAYS because they've been coached to do so by an adult.

Kids, as a whole, are pretty fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1427917075254.png (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1427917075254.png
49KB, 400x400px
Serious question, why are Spikefags as delusional as they are? It's really quite the impressive feat.
>>
>>28213519
It fucking beats me, Anon, it boggles my mind.
>>
>>28207802
Nyx would be Persistance.
>>
>>28213493
The key word there is "inordinately." And I don't agree. There are degrees of intelligence among children, just as there are among adults.
>>
>>28213519
What makes them delusional to you?
>>
>>28213544
Managing to go a whole day without shitting your pants doesn't count as intelligence.
>>
File: 1471328126782.gif (352KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1471328126782.gif
352KB, 600x450px
Everyone is pissing on Spike for letting the popularity get to him and for wussing out with the guard. I'd probably let it get to my head too if I was raised as a servant and had to sleep in a dog bed. He's always shat on by the mane 6, hence his lack of self confidence. Why can't he be praised for being the Savior of an entire Empire?
>>
File: what.png (563KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
563KB, 1280x720px
>>28207802
Wait...
>>
>>28213732
Spikefags are as fucking retarded as Spike himself.
>>
>>28214233
!!!
good eye!
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.