[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Osmanthus CYOA (Prologue)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 10

File: 001 - Opening.gif (101KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
001 - Opening.gif
101KB, 500x500px
[1/2]
World class: Synthetic.
Building progress: 37%. Habitable by herbivores. Biosphere and atmosphere yet to be completed.
Coordinates: 33-4-1-60 of the Honeydrop Galaxy.

Personal journals of Luna, 41/2/095
(Warning: Whoever violates the sanctity of my privacy will know to fear nightmares.)
I arrived to the latest colony, Osmanthus -who names these things?- shortly before its public inauguration, with the purpose of creating a stable local Oneiros.
Maybe I'll stay for some time once that's done. I haven't been in a new colony in quite a while.
>>
File: 002 - Party.png (32KB, 1900x1500px) Image search: [Google]
002 - Party.png
32KB, 1900x1500px
>>28198172
[2/2]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWERpyacIbY
First I send an arcane probe into the party room, scanning the area for a free space large enough for me, then myself via teleportation. Golden Star -The host- perks in alarm for a fraction of a second but quickly comes to shake my hoof
"A pleasure and honour to have you here!" He says despite having received me to the planet last week. A good leader, if only because he knows when to let other people take control of the situation. I shake his hoof distractedly. "There were some..." Ugh, why do they have to put six hundred years old music in every event? Surprise surprise, I am not a nostalgic wreck and old music gets old. "...but they..." I look at the closest guests distractedly. Mbizi (main manager of Colony 12) chats with Agrippa (Head of the Immanents, accompanied as always by a bodyguard) "...the kids will learn a craft, that way..." A changeling sits near the punch, but before I can try to recognize it I notice Golden Star is awaiting the answer to some question he made.
Fuck.
>>
>>28198185
"I think its all rather obvious wouldn't you say?" Perfectly generic answer that will get you out of almost any situation. AND we're royal so its not like they're going to call us on our bullshit.
>>
>>28198209
I catch myself before anyone he has time to notice a pause, cringing.
"Well it's obvious, don't you think?" I nod noncomittally.
"I am pleased to know," He smiles awkwardly. "If you need something just talk with any of the staff," He gestures at one of the suited stallions who walk silently with food trays in the room.
"Thanks, I'll keep it in mind." I nod again and he slides away to talk with some local noble or another.
Now the greatest part of the night. Talking with nobles I barely know about frivolities while hearing music I've come to loath.
I think I'll need a few drinks for this.
>>
>>28198325
Drinking isn't a bad idea, but maybe we should try an alternate solution to getting sloshed first. It stands to reason this colony is fairly new, so ask them about music from their culture. See if they'll play some of it, it should be from much more recent times.

Then get a couple of drinks.
>>
File: 003 - Party.png (29KB, 1900x1500px) Image search: [Google]
003 - Party.png
29KB, 1900x1500px
>>28198357
I walk to the band with my Not In The Mood For Your Bullshit face and ask them if any of them knows music indigenous to the colony, ideally something made by the younger people.
"But your highness, the march of the--" Starts one.
"I know why it was composed. I was there." I grin, making sure my teeth show. "So, who of you gentlestallions knows some local music? Don't worry, I'll make sure to praise you later."
They share looks and, as one give in, letting one of their youngest (Merely in his forties!) lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTaTjFJNHJE

Now that's less sophomoric. I excuse myself with a nod and go back to the banquet table, not wanting to drink with an empty stomach.
I grab a spoon from the punch bowl and let go of it immediately when the changeling stands suddenly with an awkward reverence, Her glass falling from the shock.
"You-- Your highness! I hadn't noticed you, I, I am so sorry!" She cringes away from me, clearly shaken from whatever she was thinking about. "No I didn't mean to say that you are unnoticeableOhIamsosorry--" She cuts herself. "Sorry."
Where have I seen her before?
>>
>>28199015
Ask what's on her mind. Or is she enjoying the party a little too much?
>>
>>28199015
Pat her on the head. Do not be alarmed sibqject, no offense was taken. Now if we only knew what she was talking about.
>>
>>28199048
>>28199178
"Whatever is worrying you so?" I don't love doing it, but me talking archaically always seems to sooth people for some reason. Before she can say anything, I add "Don't worry about me. I can bear a slight.
"It's just that I received a message from my home world the day after coming here and it worries me, you see. Surely nothing you would worry ab--" She seems to register my expression. "My sister, you see, her eggs hatched the day after I came here, and I know it's silly," She smiles awkwardly, "But I wanted to be there with her when it happened, and, well, I wasn't, and I have to be here anyhow because, you know, noblis oblige." She smiles breathlessly.
All those pauses... now I remember her, one of the council members of our changeling-pony joint colony. If I only could remember her actual name...
"Ah, I understand," I smile softly, "I am sure she shan't be angry, miss..."
"Oh! I am so--" One of my eyes twitches "Everyone pronounces it Arnisha, ma'am."
"I am sure she shan't be angry, miss Arnisha." I pause, riffling through my knowledge of a colony that hasn't ever been under my jurisdiction, "I trust your issues with the solaire clan pirates have improved?"
She gives me a blank stare for a moment before answering, "Your highness, I hate to correct you, but, ah, the soilaires were forced off our system over five years ago. The Minotaurs assisted us in the subject, remember? You visited the colony to assist us."
>>
>>28199280
We must have switched a planet in our mind with another. Apologies, there's many to keep track of that they sometimes start to blend together.
>>
bamp
is this part of miracle?
>>
>>28199334
"Forgive me, I must've confused... colony eight?" I venture, and she nods, "With some another. It all mixes together, sometimes."
"But of course, I can't imagine having so many responsibilities!" She fills a glass with punch and offers it to me, then gets another for herself.
My stomach groans before I can drink any of it, reminding me of a certain visit I postponed earlier, and I excuse myself to the bathroom. When I exit it a few minutes later, I crash into a maid carrying a bucket, causing her to spill it on me.
There's not as much as a second's delay-- Before she focuses again, I use a spell to shapeshift into a pegasus, a disguise just complex enough to serve in low light, and give her the bucket again with a soft smile.
"Oh! I am ever so sorry," She grabs it with a relieved smile, probably thinking she just avoided the disaster of crashing into a royal. "I could show you to a washing room and have your dress cleaned in a few minutes, if you want?" She offers.
"Y--" My Intlock turns on, and a voice only I can hear speaks from it.
"Boss?" Asks Caliope, "You'll want to be alone when you hear this."
"Why exactly?" My smile flies out of the road, crashes into a tree, and explodes. The maid walks away discretely, something I mentally congratulate her for.
"Because, uh, you won't act decorously when you hear it."

Sorry for the delay, something came up.
>>
>>28200492
Let's blink back to our room and grab a pillow for beating.
>>
>>28200492
Let's go to our room and hear this terrible news.
>>
File: 004 - Pasillo.png (32KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
004 - Pasillo.png
32KB, 1500x1500px
>>28200492
Fugg
>>
>>28200492
Sweet and follow our underling.
>>
File: 005 - Room.png (15KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
005 - Room.png
15KB, 1500x1500px
>>28200568
>>28200524
>>28200888
I teleport back to my room (it's small and simple, and it was a battle to not have them give me a palace-sized one) and flicker a switch in the intlock. prompting Calliope to come out.
"Permission to use the computer?" He asks immediately.
"Granted, but what is it?"
"Gimme a sec..." He touches the wall in the place where the console is and comes back to me, electronics whirring around us "I want to check this myself."
I wait him for a moment, growing impatient.
"So, yeah. There was another try to enter your personal accounts today."
"It's just some kid playing hacker, surely."
"Er, not at all. The guy's getting crafty. Today he almost got to what he wanted."
"Which was...?"
Calliope cringes, "Your personal journals, ma'am."
I don't grab the pillow and rip it to shreds with a flicker of my horn. I do not atomize the feathers inside, nor do I throw the burning dust that remains against the walls several times. As I am calm, I do not ask:
"Who did it? When can I eviscerate them?"
Instead, I calmly ask if there is any lead on who may be the criminal.
"Uh, ma'am, the wall is on fire."
"The walls are not on fire."
"They are, ma'am."
I do not starve the fires of oxygen, because there isn't any fire in the first place.
"But is there any clue as to who is it?" I do not yell.
"They use public access points to try doing it, ma'am, and seem to use sandboxed environments to try, ma'am. Are you fine, ma'am?"
"No." I do not say, because I am obviously well and calm and rational. "This isn't someone who made a dumb bet or wants to inflate their ego. This is an attack against me as a person."
"It could still be either of them, ma'am."
"This..."
"Ma'am?"
"It's either being done by someone I trust, or by someone who spies on me or someone I trust."
"Ah." He disappears into the intlock for safety. "Do you want me to put an agent on the case, ma'am? What tribe would you prefer?"
>>
>>28201295
what are the options?
>>
>>28201295
We need someone we can trust, tribe isn't important
>>
>>28201336
>Earth pony
>Pegasus
>Unicorn
I was at nine characters of 2000 and though I could omit that
>>
>>28201367
Get a pegasus then. They're cool.
>>
>>28201367
And, fugg me, here you are selecting the tribe of the character you will control from now on.
>>
>>28201295
What >>28201343 said. We can't just put anyone in the case.
I vote for Agent Luna.
>>
>>28201377
so no pegasuses?
>>
>>28201498
Yea, that's what I was thinking, she probably needs a tech expert though. We should definitely keep it top secret, with the agent reporting directly to Luna.
>>
>>28201343
>>28201367
>>28201375
>>28201574
>>28201596
"I'll hunt down whoever is doing this myself!"
Calliope peeks timidly from the Intlock, "Uh, ma'am?"
"WHAT!"
"I don't think that'll work, ma'am."
"WHY!"
"Because, uhm, you are rather noticeable, ma'am."
"I DO NOT CARE."
"Ma'am, with all due respect, have you ever seen a cat with a jingle bell catch mice?"
"I STILL DO NOT CARE."
"Ma'am, you are a cat made of bells."
I want to shout again, but make an effort and calm down.
"I could change my shape to something more inconspicuous."
"And how long can you keep that spell for?"
"A few hours at most if I don't use unicorn magic for anything else." I admit. It changes light around me rather than my actual shape, and it needs to be refreshed several times per second.
Sometimes I am jealous of changelings, they have an easy time at this.
"So you should send an actual agent, boss. Work closely with them, but an agent. But it's up to you, of course."

Luna CAN go herself, but she'd have to shapeshift to either an earth pony or pegasus for efficiency and would have to meet her duties as a princess and investigate at the same time. Calliope can provide tech skills, too.
And paused for the night.
>>
>>28202083
Who can we trust? We need the most trustworthy pegasus of them all. Is there a new element of loyalty?
>>
>>28202146
This isn't selecting the exact pegasus, just the tribe of the agent, who doesn't know Luna personally and will mostly be the same character regardless of tribe.
>>
>>28202083
Let's just get a competent pegasus.
>>
>>28200421
Fugg, hadn't seen this post before.
But no, this quest is not planned to be part of Miracle.
>>
time to go to bed b u m p
>>
>>28203480
Cool thanks, sorry your day has been full of fugg.
>>
Fugg, needs a bump.
>>
I wonder what we'll be doing with the quest.
>>
>>28206867
Probably playing it
>>
bump for luna
>>
a
>>
>>28209917
b
>>
>>28211842
u
>>
Sorry for not QMing today, I planned to and got wrapped up preparing assets but getting sidetracked constantly.
I'll resume it tomorrow, it's getting late here.
>>
>>28213131
j
>>
>>28213541
ok
>>
>>28213541
see you tomorrow then
>>
>>28214532
Dick
>>
>>28208683
>>
Rise from page 10
>>
>>28216531
k
>>
File: 006 - Train.png (14KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
006 - Train.png
14KB, 1500x1500px
>>28202146
>>28201375
"Fine. Send a pegasus, or whoever has been loyal to us."
"On it, boss." Calliope is silent for a moment. "Here he is. What are the orders?"

--- [End of the prologue] ---

'The train rushed to the city of Corusco, hanging from the same wire that kept the sun orbiting the planet like a pimple...'
No.
'Like a pimple...'
That'd be even worse.
"Hey." I stop in the way to my seat and ask to the closest pony, "Something yellow?"
"Huh?" He gives me a confused look, "Butter?"
"Thanks." I consider it for a moment. Grease? Grease seems fitting.
Ugh, I can't focus in prose with the last orders. 'Go to Corusco, further orders will be given in the way.'
What am I supposed to do with that? I know alicorns have a flair for the dramatic, Tartarus, nearly breathe drama, but sending me unequipped into the middle of whatever it is doesn't sit well for me.
Maybe the story will be about a secretly evil Celestia plotting with something. Or hell, maybe Twilight. Immortals from the past wouldn't be out of place.
"Yo, boss," Clementine comes out of my intlock, "The--"
He is interrupted by speakers coming to life over the ceiling, "Announcement to all passengers: By royal decree, it is requested of you to sleep. If you have a medical condition or are in a situation in which you can't, contact the train's medic."
"That." Says Clementine, "I received the message too, it's legit. Seems like Luna decided to make our Oneiros early."
>>
>>28222979
Time to go to bed.
>>
>>28223235
I nod and climb to my seat, where I roll and prepare to sleep. Shutters fall over the windows, blocking all light.
Several minutes later, when I am fully sure everyone else is asleep, I do so myself.
Huh.
I was there when Colony 12's Oneiros was birthed, so I am apprehensive as soon as the lucid dream starts. One isn't supposed to be lucid when Princess Luna is building Oneiros. As far as I know that's the reason she makes everyone -including herself- sleep.
"Calm down." I hear the Princess' voice somewhere in the void where I am. I try to make a reverence in reflex, but don't seem to have enough of a body for it. "I decided to use this chance to give you your orders where I knew no one else could hear them." She pauses, and I can hear a titanic groan sounding in the distance, "Excuse my--" Her voice, distorted, is interrupted by a titanic groan of earth. "My lack of poise. It's not an easy task, this one. But you must understand, first of all, than this mission is fully unofficial. You won't report to anyone but me. Anything you need, be it resources or perusal of information, you have to ask directly of me too. Your assistant already has a way to do it. Do you understand?"
"Yes, your highness." I try to nod unsuccessfully.
"The group or individual you will search has repeatedly tried to steal from me something very few people knows as a fact I posses, and even less know where I keep, all of them close to me. You won't trust anyone I trust, for any reason."

1/2
>>
>>28225101
"Understood, your highness."
"Good. Leads on the case were sent to several email accounts you posses. The decryption key is One four six five nine capital A five seven one."
"146--" I stop in surprise at how my voice comes out when I say it, but I decide to ignore it. "14659A571"
"Good. How much can you flicker off, just to be sure?"
"I can store up to about five kilograms with it, ma'am. It depends." Flickering is one of the things taught to all agents of my division, as is a basically universal magic. The ability to make mass first disappear and reappear at will with a twitch of one's hoof.
"It will have to suffice. There is a bag at your name in the train's storage with some tools for you to use." There is another groan, "Ever since I arrived to the planet, there have been focused tries to enter my intlock's storage. Up to recently I had ignored it, convinced that it was ultimately banal, but there was a nearly successful try, and I found out what were they trying to do. They were trying to reach my personal journals."
"So, if I may be so bold, the mission is for you rather than the state?"
"Partially, and I admittedly have emotional investment in this, but there is dangerous information in it." Her voice gains strength, and I begin feeling a body emerge onto my conciousness. "I am painfully aware of the damage that could be done with it."
>>
>>28225341
Tell the princess not to worry and that we will succeed and tell her everything we find out.
>>
>>28225529
"I will find out who it was." I manage to make a reverence before fading into full sleep again.
A few hours later I wake up along with everyone else in the train, some who hadn't ever been present for such an event before talking about it in small groups.
The train reaches Corusco before long, so I unboard and take the saddlebags I now own with me to the station's bathroom to check the inventory leaflet.
It's mostly filled with generic hardware, but I can't help but notice that it's mostly newer models that we usually get in missions. My eyes sparkle when reading one particular part.
"Oh thank you so very much your Highness," I say to myself, taking the portable computer from its jacket. This baby is fast with capital F and curly writing, AND its keyboard seems great.
"What's--" Clementine comes out of the Intlock, only now waking up, and his eye falls in the mass storage unit specs sheet, "Hoo-lee Loona!" He circles around it, prey to his kind's addiction for archival.
"I know, right?"
"I know--! Oh. Is it one of those missions?" He asks timidly. His gaze fell in a gun I left in the floor, not wanting it to fall even when unloaded.
"I hope not. But you know protocol."
"Yeah, " He gives it another dubious look and vanishes into the Intlock. "I'll, uh, nap for a bit more."
After a moment's pause I count the money that was in a pocket... Two thousand bits, this should suffice to get a room and start with the job.
Going everywhere with filled saddlebags would be impractical, so some things should be flickered off. I give another look to the summary in the leaflet, deciding which ones to store.

(1/2)
>>
>>28227860
>Portable computer (1.4 KG)
>Solar panel (200 G) (All my electric hardware can be charged with it, albeit slowly)
>Standard issue pistol (800 G)
>Pistol clips X5 (50 G each)
>Flashlight (150 G)
>Lockpics (10 G)
>Mass storage unit (3.5TB) (Requires to be recharged once a day or data is lost) (1 KG)
>Portable storage unit (34GB) (Doesn't need to be recharged) (10 G)
>Digital camera (1 KG)
>Duct tape (No agent is allowed in the field without this)
>Binoculars (500 G)
>Flying drone+controller (2 KG)
Most of it will fit, thankfully. With that decided, I open the computer, enter to my accounts, and decrypt the mails.
Oh, dammit.
It's going to be one of THOSE jobs.
The ones where the higher ups don't know shit and just toss me to the sea.
I mutter a curse, then a prayer to Luna in repentance, and reread the text. The two last tries to enter, one yesterday and another the day before, were done in a public plaza and a small diner called (And this irks me supremely) "nANCY's", both at around 2 PM, one with a fully generic device and the other by an electronic elemental in an intlock. Other than that I have nothing.

>Select what to flicker off along with what to do next.

(2/2 and paused for the day. Sorry for the short session, but I am tired and its getting late over here. Tomorrow I'll start sooner.)
>>
>>28227883
Let's take the PC, the pistol, 3, flashlight, Duct Tape and lockpicks. Then look for the diner. Since it is small, the owner might know who was there
>>
oh hey
>>
>>28229693
>>
bomp
>>
>>28227883
we should follow the trail and go to nancy's and also check for any security cameras along the way and find out who entered. lockpick and portable storage unit would be good.
>>
File: 007 - Cafe.png (18KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
007 - Cafe.png
18KB, 1500x1500px
>>28232833
>>28228203
Once I've checked everything works how it ougths to, I flicker off the computer, pistol, some clips, duct tape, lockpicks, and portable storage, The faint pressure in the back of my head that comes with such a thing and carry everything else in my bag.
The next few minutes are spent trying to get a cab.
'nANCY's.' Who do I murder?
Hrm.
'The agent slid out of the taxi, giving one last look to the pegasus puller he knew was a counters--'
Dear godess.
Magenta phosphorescence drills itself into my mind, violating every principle of colour theory I had always thought I did not care for.
A waitress stands in the counter hearing a radio with a bored expression, but perks up as soon as she notices me.
"Want an off hours bite, hun?" She asks, her voice violating my ears in the same way the colours do my eyes."Today's special is onion fiesta."
I will asume "3" means "3 pistol clips"
>>
>>28233583
ask how much it is and how's it taste. Maybe you can try it. Look around for a computer.
>>
>>28233675
"What does it taste like?"
"Like a party of fried onion!"
Oh.
"How much is it?" I ask, scanning the place.
"Ten bits a plate."
"I'll have one."
"Do you want egg salad as a side dish? It's half the price if you ask them together,"
"Is there anything else?"
"Spring salad, or maybe carrot? I could discount those too."
"Spring." She turns around with a nod and enters the kitchen, and I am left wondering what to do with the chairs.
I don't think I'll fit in them.
There are drag marks in the floor, which indicate that people pushing things around is usual, so I change the layout so as to be able to sit.
Is that black glass orb a camera? Yes it is.
"Hey, Clementine," He comes out of the intlock, "Any port?"
He flutters around the room, touching the walls at times, and enters the intlock again, "Nothing, sorry. The computer must be on the back." He pauses.
>>
>>28234160
what the fuck is that thing in the top right?
>>
>>28234160
We can probably sneak in while they're not looking or we can leave once we eat and try to enter the back entrance.
>>
>>28234191
I give a look to the small plastic box in the ceiling, lights blinking on and off in its lowest face. Probably the modem.
"Here it is, hun," The mare who I decide is named Nancy comes with a food tray, and I grab some bits from the bags to pay her.
Regardless of the painting, my stomach grumbles as soon as I see it. Food now, spy stuff later.
(1/2. And my workflow is a disaster, I know.)
>>
File: 009 - Shakey shakey.png (16KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
009 - Shakey shakey.png
16KB, 1500x1500px
>>28234349
Once I am done with the food, I go to the back of the diner and look through the keyhole.
>>
>>28234605
Can we use the router to access their system?
>>
Why are all of your pictures have so much empty space?
>>
>>28234605
I think we're going to need a portable computer for this.
>>
>>28234705
>>28234778
I flicker on the computer and connect it to the network, then check it for any of the usual holes in security.
Why do people leave the file sharing on? And with a six years old security system, to boot. Most of the work is done by scripts.
Ugh, everything is outdated. The videos are stupidly large for their quality and the download speed is just sad to look at.
The next few hours are spent playing tetris with Clementine in a nearby crevice.
The video is blurry, but I can make out a few people who are seemingly interacting with their intlock sprites, most of them writing in napkins-- the place is stuffed with what seems like a group of people whose work shift just ended.
After checking the timings, I hit a wall. I don't see anyone doing anything suspicious, at least in the low quality of the video I have.
>>
>>28235367
how about we look for whoever leaves first? we can also see who looks over their shoulder.
>>
>>28235367
Do we have timestamps? I mean, Luna told us when the attack happened, does anyone look suspicious right at that time?
>>
>>28235453
>>28235866
I rewatch it, paying special attention to the timestamp in a corner.
"Is it just me or is the time count wrong?"
Clementine takes a moment to answer, "I think the seconds are going a bit too fast?" He restarts the video, and we spend a moment comparing the timestamps in the video to the video player's.
"What do you say? A quarter or so?"
"Sounds about right. So the exact time of the attack would be..." I make some mental counts and take the video to the proper part, "Around here?"
"Seems like it, yeah." We play that particular part of the video again, now disregarding the timestamps in the video completely. At the time the attack started nothing in particular happens, and neither does for as long as it lasts...
...And under a minute after the connection was noticed and forcibly closed by the security staff, a stallion's ears twitches and he exits the diner.
"Can you make a profile?" I ask clementine.
He nods and spends several minutes jumping around the video to get an approximation of what would the stallion look like, then makes a rough sketch in the computer.
Unicorn stallion, green-blue fur, white mane, and gray eyes.
"This is as close as I can get with this quality," He saves it, "I think the colours are off, though. The eyes definitely are, the video is pretty badly scaled."
>>
>>28236197
Take note of which way he exits the door, and let's see if we can find any other cameras on his route. Also, whilst traveling keep on the lookout for our suspect.
>>
>>28236197
Maybe ask the mare that works here again if she knows the stallion
>>
>>28236396
>>28236307
I reenter the diner, balancing the computer in my rump.
"You again hun?" The waitress lowers the volume of the radio again. "Want something else to eat?"
"Eh, no, sorry for bothering you again," I walk to the counter and show her the drawing Clementine made, "But have you seen someone like him? I've heard he's around the area."
"Hm? What for?" She gives him a good look.
"I am interested in an antique he's selling."
"I think I saw him yesterday? Or the day before?" She circles a hoof vaguely, "Really odd fella. I think he was a changeling?"
"Hm?"
"Oh, not that I am speciesist or anything, of course," She rushes to add, "But you notice the small details, y'know? I could swear he didn't have nostrils a few times. And he ordered spinach. You'd be surprised of how much they like it. Not that I have any problem with that, either."
"Alright. And did you see his eye colour? My friend couldn't remember it."
"Yellow...? No, that was the other one... or maybe some violet."
>>
>>28236787
Well, if they're a changeling, that'll make things difficult. Did you notice how they carried themselves, such as slouching or bold posture?
>>
>>28237086
Make things difficult? More like get ready to throw that sketch out the window. Not only is that disguise probably of an innocent civilian, so we don't want to catch him by accident, but it's also completely trivial as it's probably never going to be used again. After all, are you going to reuse a disguise you were doing illegal things with when you were probably caught on camera?
>>
>>28237201
>>28237086
This is of course assuming she's correct in that the perp is a changeling. If it's not, that sketch is still very interesting.

That being said, changelings ARE infiltration experts- quite a few of our colleagues are probably changelings, after all- so it wouldn't be surprising if it's true.

Honestly, I'd report our findings so far, as they stand, to Luna, and see what she would do next.
>>
>>28236787
This guy could easily be a false lead, maybe we noticed him because he was a changeling and the real hacker was out back where we were. We should ask the waitress if anyone's been hanging out back, we should also take a look around the wifi range to see if anyone else has spotted any campers
>>
>>28237405
Did you not read >>28236197?
Mere minutes after the hacker was cut out, this guy got ticked off and left.
Makes him quite suspicious.

Add to that he might be a changeling using a disguise for no other apparent reason (although he could be using one for a reason we don't see) and you have a suspect.
>>
>>28237086
>>28237201
>>28237244
>>28237405
"Did you notice anything else I could use to find him? A gait or something?"
"I don't think so?" She pauses for a moment, "I was busy at the time, but he seemed to walk just fine. Smelled a bit like fish though."
"Thanks." I move as if to leave and stop, "And, weird question. Have you noticed anyone camping on your connection?" I gesture to the router, "I tried to check my emails earlier and couldn't."
"Oh? No more than usual. Maybe some kid was downloading a movie? Happens from time to time, you know how it is." She adds.

Paused for the night.
And if you have any more questions for her do them now, otherwise I'll pass to reporting and following cameras in the morning.
>>
>>28237615
Reporting sounds good, thanks.
>>
Space Noir bump
>>
>>28238327
>>
chamomile is a good tea bump
>>
>>28239972
tea needs caffeine bump
>>
>>28237653
I thank her and exit the diner, preparing a report for the Princess mentally, and sit in a nearby bench.
"Hey, Clem," I call him out of the intlock, "Care to help me with this?"
He nods, and a few minutes later we have a properly redacted report which I send to Princess Luna, along with some captures of the video -the full thing is too large to upload it directly whitin any reasonable amount of time- and Clementine's sketch.
The answer comes a few minutes later:

"Send the full footage whenever you can.
I have created an account in the area's systems so you can see the security footage easily, the login is attached. A report on the status of the suspect is expected as soon as his crimes or lack of are asserted.
-Call."

"Wait, Calliope?" Clementine rereads the signature several times, "Do you think I'll get to meet her?"
"I guess?" I decide to stay out of his adoration for the Princess' sprite.
He circles around me, "I've heard she's one of the most clever SaIFs there are!"
"I know, I know..."
"I've heard--!"
"Eyes in the job, lover boy," I stand and put the computer in my rump, "Can you check the cameras while I walk?"
"Aye aye!" He makes a mock salute and flutters to it with a flourish.
He guides me for several minutes, until we reach a small street with some plastic cups littered.
"Yup, changeling." Says Clementine, "The street was blocked by a party and he guy went the pegasus way."
"You think he's a legal one?"
"Yup yup, didn't bother with stealth to change." He pauses, "Guy looks scrawny as heck, even for a 'ling."
>>
>>28241769
we near any docks or fisheries? maybe him smelling like fish is a clue to where he stays often.
>>
>>28241822
This.
>>
Was drawing the update but something came up to me, back asap
>>
a
>>
>>28243733
b
>>
File: 010 shack.png (22KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
010 shack.png
22KB, 1500x1500px
>>28241822
"Can you check if there's any fishery around here? How close are we to the docks?"
"Yeah, gimme a sec," He types for a moment, "No fisheries, but we are definitely going straight to the docks area," I walk again, and he taps the keyboard for a second, "You think we should check if Gramps is around?"
I shudder at the idea of doing so-- the old stallion is as much a bastard as his wife is lovely, and they both make a good business trading information in their boat. A business that, sadly enough, I sometimes have to buy information from. I am a premium client, which means I have to pay double the price.
I don't answer, and after a while we reach what seems to be the changeling's house-- A shack in the beach, apparently rebuilt many times if the pieces of wood littered around are any indication.

Sorry for taking so long and posting such a shit image, I just couldn't figure out the proper angle and decided to just fuck my shit up
>>
>>28244419
It's a shack yea, but it's a shack on the beach, changelings got connections. Let's see if anyone's home, by hidding and steaking the place out.
>>
>>28244419
Any way we could knock and talk to the owner without drawing suspicions, such as posing as a Japoner's Witness, or a government inspector? Something along the lines of a stranger asking for directions would be good, because we wouldn't draw too much suspicion if they see us again.
>>
>>28244465
>>28244559
I walk around the beach discretely, searching any signs of life without success, and after a few minutes I decide to knock the door.
'There was a clap inside, barely within audible range, and the agent jumped out of the way just before bullets pierced the wood, Buzzed through the space he had just occupied'
There is no click and neither are there bullets. A few minutes pass, but there isn't any answer.
"Hello?" I call, "I am new to the city and wanted to make some questions."
No answer.
>>
>>28244941
look through the window to see if anyone is at home. we might just need to lockpick ourselves in though.
>>
>>28244941
Check the windows, and make note of any prints in the sand around the door. Check for wireless.
Then make our way to the dock if there's nothing more to be seen.
>>
>>28245073
>>28244988
I peek in through the window, but don't see anyone through the single one there is.
"Clem, any network around here?"
He answers immediately, "Haven't found one, boss. Maybe he's in the dock?"
"Worth a try," I shrug and go see, but it's empty. However, after a moment I see a changeling swimming in the distance. My first reflex is to spread my wings and catch him, but he doesn't seem to be escaping or to have noticed me at all.
>>
>>28245130
Alright, our friend can keep an eye on him while we go inside his house and then he can warn us when he's coming back to shore, does this sound like a good idea?
>>
Paused for the night.
>>
>>28245130
Swimmers, I don't trust them. What kind of a pony willingly spends his leisure time submerging themselves in the ocean, wilfully ignorant of all the horrors of the sea.
>>
>>28245641
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ippboq7AtOQ
>>
>>28246067
>>
>>28247640
>>
Patient waiting
>>
>>28249136
>>28249136
>>
bump?
>>
>>28251219
Fug, forgot to say this here. I'll go with a day of Miracle and a day of Osmanthus, I think. I'll see how I do as I go.
>>
>>28251897
that's craziness
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.