[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats /mlp/s opinion on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: uqC15AL.png (254KB, 473x307px) Image search: [Google]
uqC15AL.png
254KB, 473x307px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aqPe43rYN4VA bratty VA rants about being paid for fandom work. thinks freelancing shouldn't be a thing at all. thinks everyone and their mom needs to pay for online va's.
>>
I do and do not agree with her. People can freelance if they want, its not such a bad thing if they already have a stable job, etc.
>>
>>28195794
>implying people shouldn't be paid for work
If someone wants to work for free that's fine, but that should not be the standard.
>>
>>28195824
90% of VA's in this fandom do it for free and don't complain.
>>
why is she acting so butt hurt over this she says she gets money why complain about other peoples business?
>>
>>28195794
I always thought people were willing to contribute their skills to a fandom as a labour of love.

What's this "professional" shit I'm hearing?
>>
File: download (10).jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>>28195794
What the fuck is this? Someone bitchy borderline mental case who overblows something so extremely EXTREMELY insignificant?

Slashy, or Mayde, or whoever you are, if you want fucking discussions, get some fucking discussions. Not scrape the bottom of the drama-barrel.
>>
literally fucking who and literally fucking why should I care
>>
>>28195831
Then maybe if they want to be paid they should say
>"but then we won't get any work!!"
then maybe get a real job and do fandom VA in your free time? Or find people that are willing to pay you
>>
>>28195794
You get paid if that was the arrangement. If not then you don't it's that simple.

As for fandom projects, generally they are labors of love and therefore nobody turns any profit (especially since it's illegal to monetize the resulting animation because it's still technically property of Hasbro). If you expect people to pay you to VA a fandom project don't be surprised when people stop even asking if you're in or not. They'll just find someone else who'll do it for free.

With a few exceptions no one is getting paid here expecting to be paid when no one else is because of your ability to talk funny is just conceited.
>>
>>28195794
>complain about not being paid
should have had both parties sign a contract. that way you could sue if you aren't paid.
if you are stupid enough to not do as well as work with someone who looks like they will jew you out of money wherever they can that then you deserve to not get paid.
>>
>>28195794
Change every instance of "voice acting" to "clop"

>People can do clop for free, but that shouldn't be the norm.
>If you want """"quality""""" clop, you have to pay for it.
>>
>>28195794
What an entitled, selfish person.

Did she even for a second consider that maybe it's not just the voice actors? The animators of these projects are usually doing it for free too, the editors, the writers, the voice actors. These people are all working on this project for free because they're passionate about it and they want to create something with their skills.

And along comes this bitch, demanding money for her voice acting when no one else is getting paid either, they're just happy to be creating something and to have another project they can put into their portfolio for when they try for professional gigs.

In short, fuck you, you selfish bitch.
>>
>>28195991
Money for work?!
Piece of shit!!
Also just because someone else does something, you don't have to do the same, if it doesn't feel right for you.
>>
File: 11.gif (547KB, 231x200px) Image search: [Google]
11.gif
547KB, 231x200px
>>28195794
Yeah, well, next time your boss hands you your paycheck just throw it in his/her face and have a shitfit and yell: " i do this cuz i love doing this not for money faggootttt!!"
Then die of starvation.
>>
>>28196051
I think you missed the point.
Getting paid for something you do is great. But don't complain that people don't pay you for a VA work on a not-for-profit labour of love project.

Honestly, I don't even know what this girl's point is. It shouldn't be the norm? What's the norm? If you don't like no payment for your work, then just say no. Nobody's gonna samurai your ass for doing so.
>>
>>28196063
I think her point is that people who ask "can you do VA for me?" get pissy when she says "sure, if you pay me" which is the norm, so she wants the norm to be that people are prepared to pay VAs, but when 9/10 you're working with literall children that's not going to happen.
>>
>>28195794
Slashy you faggot, no one cares about any of this shit.
>>
>>28196071
>that's not going to happen.
Does it even have to happen?

I mean, it's like being in IT when your close friend or your grandma asks you to format his computer. If you want to show the impression that you expect payment, you ask for payment. If not, then just say "Cool. I'll be there in a moment."

Why do you care so much about what the norm is? I'm not the fucking president, I'd say the norm is: If someone asks you for work, it's up to you if you want payment or not.
>>
>>28196087
My point is, her opinion is too extreme on something that isn't really extreme to begin with.

Just ask for payment if you want to. Nobody thinks you're a bad person for doing so.
>>
>>28196094
Obviously a lot of people do. See comments above
>>
>>28196071
>you're working with literall children that's not going to happen.
That's one hell of an autistic tangent, Anon. Take your pills.
GEE I WONDER WHOSE FAULT IT IS THAT SOCIETY IS SET UP SO CHILDREN ARE BASICALLY FUCKED FOR 18 YEARS, IN WHICH US ADULTS, yes this includes you and me, DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER TO BREAK THEM DOWN AND MAKE THEM SUBMISSIVE BITCHES? HMMM IT MUST BE CHILDREN'S FAULTS! Blow it out your ass dicklet
>>
>>28196100
I think the comments above were referring to how she wanted everyone asking for work to have money in front. That case, she isn't even asking for payment. She's defining how a not-for-profit projects should work, and how it should work is by having money in front ready to be given even before it's agreed upon. Not, having money in front only when agreed upon.
>>
>>28196118
>money in front ready to be given even before it's agreed upon.
By that I mean, the producer should pay the VA without the VA having to tell him that she expects payment.
>>
>>28196132
>the producer should pay the VA
*the producer should expect to pay the VA
4:44 am here. Cut me some slack.
>>
>>28196109
The fuck are you talking about? I mean that literal children will not be able to afford the rates of professional VAs so change isn't going to happen as long as you're working with children.
>>
>>28195794
>the free market is totally bad guys!

goddamn commies
>>
>>28195794

>hobbyist
>wants to get paid for her hobby
Grow up.
Learn how to act.
Get some coaching.
Get some proper equipment.
Look for jobs (commercial, narration, etc.) that actually do pay money.
If you want to get paid, you have to be a professional, not just pretend you're one, and compete for real work.

Freelancing is all well and good, but remember: you're a business first and a voice actor second.
Do it right or don't fucking bother.
>>
>>28196773
>Do it right or don't fucking bother.
Wiser words were never said. I edit compilations of my online DnD group sessions and upload them unlisted for the group to watch. Even though the videos are essentially shitposts, I put all my effort into it and even got a high quality mic so I don't sound like shit.
>>
>>28195794
>They don't pay voice actors for fan/hobbyist projects
Yeah, they don't pay the animators, editors, sound designers or amateur musicians (if they need one) either most of the time. Generally because it's not about making money, it's a hobbyist project, not a professional venture.

Long story short, you want to get paid, fine, feel free to demand a payment for your services. However, don't try to have the audacity to act like people should HAVE to offer you payment for it on a project that will ultimately make no money and on which many other people are working for free.

You can set your own terms and demand money, but you can't force people to hire you so that they have to pay you. That's just entitled.
>>
News Flash: Producers can go to Fiverr.com and hire people with better gear and more talent for less money. This ain't a game, missy.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.