[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Season 1 Dash pranks everyone They all laugh it off. >Season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 16

File: image.png (651KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
651KB, 1280x720px
>Season 1 Dash pranks everyone
They all laugh it off.
>Season 6 Dash pranks everyone
Everyone decides they're tired of her shit and come together to give her PTSD.
What happened?
>>
>watching anything after S2

Gee, anon, I wonder.....
>>
Different people working on the show.
>>
>>28159599
>What happened?
6 seasons of never ending childish pranks.
>>
>>28159607
This is the first time Dash has pranked anyone since season 2
>>
>>28159615
...onscreen
>>
>>28159604
this and the fact that none of the new write-fags never heard of, let alone understand what continuity means. And so, I leave this
>thread
>>
>>28159599
Try acting like a cunt with all your friends for 5 years and you'll find out
>>
>>28159599
The writers wanted to leave the entire town as zombies permanently, forcing Celestia to nuke it so Rainbow Dash could learn about the consequences for adding chemicals she doesn't understand to the town's food supply. Hasbro executives forced them to change the ending to make it more marketable.
>>
>>28159599
Do you not remember the episode where rainbow dash started bragging about saving lives and her friends responded by ruining her?
And then did the exact same thing?
I wish I didn't.
>>
>>28159599
>What happened?
5 seasons of Dash's autistic "pranks".
>>
>>28159622
We bundled him into a barrel and sent it down the river.
>>
>>28159620
Forget the concept of continuity, I doubt they've even watched the show before.
>>
>>28159619
>implying anything interesting happens offscreen
>>
They got tired of her shit finally.
>>
>>28159636
>more marketable
>implying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzvZE4BY0hY
>>
Well the episode explains what happened, pretty clearly actually

She took the pranks too far and people got sick of it, if you can't understand this kill yourself Dashfag
>>
>>28159603
fan of the fandom
>>
>>28159599
>Dash and Pinkie work together doing pranks people enjoy
>Dash works alone doing shit nobody likes and pranks motherfucking Fluttershy
That's what happened.
>>
After 6 seasons id be sick of her shit too
>>
>>28159599
Dash has gotten consistently worse after s3
>>
>>28159619
Cool and super ebin headcanon.
>>
File: 1414507767952.png (212KB, 1000x879px) Image search: [Google]
1414507767952.png
212KB, 1000x879px
>>28159947
Which means Ponk is still best prankster.
>>
>>28159599
No one likes the top cunt
>>
>>28159599
>>
File: 1467745525684.png (284KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1467745525684.png
284KB, 500x381px
>/tv/
>>
>>28159599
They aren't even trying anymore.
>>
>>28164431
Dash was always a cunt, fuck off faggot. Dashfags are literally the worst of the fandom
>>
>>28160778
>Dash has gotten consistently worse after s3
She was always shit
>>
>>28164440
I'm sorry that you're so butthurt over nothing. Go gargle some cum to calm down.
>>
>>28164453
You're just too shit to appreciate a spunky character.
>>
>>28159619
Yet nothing is mentioned. They really should've thrown in a line to establish this was an on-going thing.
>>
>>28159620
Just developed fluttershy so learn to be assertive and less of a doormat? Next episode, nope you're back to being a pushover.
>>
Why did everyone get so butt hurt over a whoopie cushion?
Let's face it, Pinkie is the only m6 member who actually likes Rainbow Dash
>>
>>28161020
Nah. She just gets a pass because she's retarded and people put up with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RX46NVv0CI

Where's Pinkie's lesson in this episode?
>>
>>28164529
Shy-horse had it coming
>>
>>28164529
>She's retarded
>He thinks that being an accidental cunt is the same as being a cunt on purpose like Dash
Excellent meme retort, boyo.
>>
>>28164572
>Accidental
She's the one pony who knows full well how fragile flutters is and warns RD not to even squirt her with fucking water. How do you accidentally do something far more traumatizing repeatedly (Rarity told her not to earlier) when you know not to? Case in point. She's either an idiot or full on retarded, no shit posts about it, Pinkiefag.
>>
>>28164572
he didnt say she was a cunt, he said she was retarded, retard.
>>
File: 1403438549067.png (92KB, 500x572px) Image search: [Google]
1403438549067.png
92KB, 500x572px
>>28164632
We all know that it is just writers stupidity.
If you want to be an asshole about it, then try and justify why Dash almost sold Fluttershy for a stupid book.
How Rarity was a massive cunt when she lost her designs and created a new line in a single night, to her "friends" and all she did afterwards was a simple LOL I AM SORRY and then the others just gave her a free pass.
We all know in reality, they would have left her and her bullshit to rot.
>>
>>28164674
fair enough.
>>
File: 1459304345947.png (260KB, 693x413px)
1459304345947.png
260KB, 693x413px
>>28164674
>How Rarity was a massive cunt when she lost her designs and created a new line in a single night, to her "friends" and all she did afterwards was a simple LOL I AM SORRY and then the others just gave her a free pass.
>and all she did afterwards was a simple LOL I AM SORRY
>all she did
Are you sure you're not forgetting something there bud? Something that she may have done, and explicitly went out of her way to do so, in addition to the apology? I'm gonna give you a chance to figure it out yourself.
>>
File: 1426171548597.png (55KB, 500x549px)
1426171548597.png
55KB, 500x549px
>>28164744
Yeah, but let's put it this way.
If I go and treat you like garbage (not bantz, but actual garbage) and then say sorry and give you a beer, would you drop it?
I guess the question depends on how easy you are to forgive people.
>>
>>28164801
forgiveness is kind of their thing though.
>>
>>28164801
I think what she did was a little more than just hand them a beer. It was easily more like this.

>Overstressed friend works you like a fucking slave after you offer to help complete a final project. Because you were working, you missed your chance to go to a play you were really hyped for. After the friend realizes they treated you like a sack of shit, they literally buy out the theater so you can have an exclusive showing, and on top of that, the way they paid for it means it's likely you won't be seeing them for a long time.

Granted, Coco did come in to save Rarity from that last part, but she had no knowledge of that.

>I guess the question depends on how easy you are to forgive people.
This also stands to reason, but if a long time friend treats me like literal garbage after I engaged in it by volunteering to help (though unaware of being treated like a slave) and the friend tries to make up for it by buying out an entire theater for a private showing of a very hot ticket, I'd consider that kind of even. Plus I mean we're friends, as long as the person isn't always like that then I know there isn't a problem.

If anything, when it comes to Rarity you'd have a better time pointing out how she got by everything in Sweet and Elite. That was just pure luck.
>>
>>28160778

Lol no, if anything despite some meh episodes current Dash is usually way more tolerable than she was in S2 and parts of S1.
>>
File: 1315917751111.png (270KB, 631x622px)
1315917751111.png
270KB, 631x622px
>>28164894
Yeah she was more of a bitch in Sweet and Elite. But I think she learned that lesson and karma got her hard during the gala episode.
Still, the point I was trying to make is that writers make bullshit up for most characters, and you can't take everything the characters do as what the character itself should be; as writers tend to not watch the show or to just modify characters according to their own vision, instead of making the story to fit the characters personalities.
>>
File: large (1).png (620KB, 1280x723px)
large (1).png
620KB, 1280x723px
>>28164980
I dunno. She was a total cunt in that Wonderbolt episode. She should've been WAY more modest. I wanted to feel sorry for her in that episode but she made it so hard for this.

I don't think she's become less tolerable. She's the same immature cocky pony. Thing is with all the development and reality checks she has they don't write her being less cocky.
(And don't misunderstand. It's fine she's confident and has spunk, but the writer really lay it on heavily with RD.)
>>
>>28165019

Which one? Newbie Dash? She only got that way once she got super self-concious and stuff. she didn't start off right off the bat in "I MUST BE ULTRA IMPRESSIVE" mode It's not as bad as her just being an ass for no real reason in Mare-Do-Well, her being so obsessed with WINNING that she starts cheating like mad like in Fall Weather Friends, or just her "PET MUST BE AWESOME, I AM SO AMAZING HOLLLLYYY SHIT THINGS EVERYTHING AROUND ME MUST BE SOOO COOLL" like she was in most of Best Pet win.
>>
>>28159599
RD was pranking them all this time
you would get tired of it too
>>
>>28165092
IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO
But seriously, cool headcanon.
You can't prove she was pranking everybody off camera, except in your headcanons.
>>
>>28164801

I think your missing the point, if Rarity had just been some random pony they only kinda knew they probably wouldn't of forgiven her, but they literally spell it out. Rarity's one of their best friends, they've known her for years and they KNOW that she isn't normally like that, and then right after they forgive her she goes waaaayy out of her way to make it up to them, which just shows that she really was deserving of it, because THAT is the Rarity they know.
>>
>>28165012
Fair enough, but I just don't think Rarity Takes Manehattan was a good example as she did actually do something about it, and actually had a bit of motive behind it (however justifiable or unjustifiable you may see it, that being her stress of just having been robbed in her mind) so I think that's not a prime example of the writers bending the characters to their desires when they don't watch the show.

While I can't think of a good example with Rarity in the show, she gets that treatment all the time in the comics. Like in the Cakes one, when she was had to have all the money and the poor, innocent Cakes were victim to her money making, Scrooge McDuck schemes. The comic writers I think are much worse when it comes to not watching the show. Artists too. I'm looking at you, Jay.
>>
Before she even got the title "Rainbow Crash" from them one of her lines was something like
"Get ready to meet you most awesome member ever" when she was suiting up. So yeah, she was pretty cocky.
>>
>>28165124

Most of the comic writers just flat out can't write Rarity, it's super weird in that in the show proper, Rarity is probably the most consistently well written character but in the comics she's almost always the worst outside of a few speciifc issues.

It's even weirder when some of the comic writers who write her badly actually say she's one of their favorites, like Cook.
>>
>>28165121
Not the same anon
Well there's a huge difference here. Of course you're more likely to forgive a friend over a stranger. With your friend you hopefully have a foundation you can base them on (like okay Rarity was a totally bitch, but there's been countless other moments where she's been a true friend so I'll let this moment of weakness slide.)
>>
File: 1470967782158.png (31KB, 945x945px)
1470967782158.png
31KB, 945x945px
>>28165124
>the comics
Who cares
But yeah you are right. Again, I am just trying to make a point about how ridiculous the show can get sometimes.
If Rarity got a pass from that, why shouldn't Ponk get one in your opinion? Why Dash didn't got one? See, these things are the ones that make little sense.
>>
>>28164529

This is arguably one of the worst examples of a character being OOC because it was freaking AKR writing it, she's like mega pinkie fan on the writing staff who wrote like half her episodes before she left teh show, she should of known better.
>>
>>28165163
Rarity is at least better when she's written as a focus. The Cakes comic is a horrible example, but some recent ones, the Gilda and Maud Pie issues, both treated her well. I think in the comics, she suffers a similar problem to Pinkie Pie. When she isn't the focus, they have no idea what to do with her and as such she gets written as a cardboard stereotype, or butt of a joke (usually how vain she is, unlike the show, or how she's a slut in the comics).
>>
>>28164529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD0dVGHdLns
It's called payback. The piss colored sack of shit deserved it.
>>
>>28165265

I really loved Rarity in the Maud comic and want an episode like that for her, you know more of an adventureish thing. She's a bit lacking in those.

The Gilda comic for all it's flaws also had a really fun Rarity, her playing hardcore sports is great and I kinda wish Buckball Season was about her instead of Pinkie and Fluttershy.
>>
>>28165293
Yeah, I agree. I really love SoL episodes, but you can't do another "Rarity runs her business" episode, you're just going to overdo it. I'd kind of count Rarity Investigates as an adventure, and hope to have more like that.

As for the Gilda comic, yeah it had flaws, but I really don't think the writing was one of them. At least it seemed like the writer watched the show more than the artist.

>Buckball Season
Yeah, I wish some other pony at least replaced Fluttershy. I fear for how the episode will go down, as my fear is it'll just make Rainbow Dash and Applejack look like over-competitive jerks, pushing Fluttershy to do something she doesn't want to, for reasons we can all guess.
>>
>>28165281
I guess forgiveness isn't a concept here. Also if we're keeping score, Pinkie should've stopped after her first harassing. Fluttershy didn't follow Pinkie around that episode screwing with Pinkie. Yet Pinkie screwed with Fluttershy several times.
>>
>>28165281
>payback
this is what shit tier friends do. accept an apology then proceed to hold a grudge.
>>
>>28165348
If I remember right the writer actually bailed the pony IDW crew after seeing how Fosgitt didn't even bother to look up the episode characters (Grampa Gruff and Greta along with using none of the show designs aside from Gilda).
>>
>>28165281
>I thought petty was what you're all about
fucking scorched
>>
>>28165358
Yeah, if I remember correctly the writer was saying a lot of stuff like that. Trying to prove she knew what she was doing, Fosgitt didn't.

I just think it's insulting to the series when you have someone working on it who won't watch it. I mean, I get it's a kids cartoon, but it's your job to work on it. Can't you at the very least just make sure to watch the episodes to stay informed? Is this difficult?

I had a job interview for an internship at a Hasbro line, and I did everything I could to know what I was getting into. I didn't get the position, but during the interview they were impressed with that as if nobody does it.
>>
>>28165395
Well that's above and beyond for an interview, but the standard for those with the job. It's completely asinine to not watch the show if you're going to being writing episodes on the characters and lore.
>>
>>28165435
Well I didn't go off the deep end. I watched an episode or of the cartoon, and bought one of the toys, so I knew what the line was about, and could talk about it informed, however brief it may be. It was just that the fact that they seemed impressed by that, it made me question that what people involved with it are actually doing.
>>
>>28165395
The thing is Fosgitt could have literally just googled "mlp griffon" or even goddamn "mlp greta" if the writers notes confused him a bit. But no he didnt even glance at the ep and we got freakin hens and griffons with 100% human hairdos.

Plis this is the same guy who does fused ribcage with leg skeleton ponies and plain buildings in Cloudsdale. Fosgitt's just the worst artist on the comics now. Even Fleecs can do nice when he tries.
>>
>>28165348

Yeah like with Rarity I feel like she might be "it's uncouth!" at first but she also has enough of a competitive streak to ultimately do it without too much preasure. Fluttershy doesn't really have that.
>>
File: 130257269663.jpg (9KB, 216x216px)
130257269663.jpg
9KB, 216x216px
>>28165281
Nothing she said was wrong, though. Pinkie is pretty worthless and Rarity only hit it big thanks to her friends.

Applejack is the only one with a steady job and an independent income.
>>
>>28165479

yeah Fleecs is weird, stuff like the Tirek comic is drawn really well but a lot of the time it feels like he's doing a rush job. Maybe he's on too many things at a time sometimes or something.
>>
>>28165469
I'm not saying you went to far. I'm just saying that they don't expect people they're interviewing to actually know about/watch these shows (even though I'm sure they know odl audiences do watch.)
>>
>>28165504
Thanks entirely to her family. It's not like she had the land. She basically inherits it.
>>
>>28165395

As much as we complain about writers not watching episodes, from all iv heard from the higher staff like Jim and Thisseen, it's apparently a requirement to watch the whole show to get a writing job on Horse. I think the bigger problem right now is that every writer has their own view of the characters to at least some extent, and it's the showrunners job to reconcile that with their editing, and Haber just isn't doing that enough for anyone but his Waifu Rarity.
>>
>>28165506
Yeah it's an odd mix. His con drawings and some comics are as close to show style as you can get. Yet other times you get that EQG holiday special with the WHY faces.
>>
>>28165395

Fosgitt LITERALLY got his job due to knowing someone already working there who shielding him from Criticism or repercussions.

Its not surprising that he's shit at his job, anytime you have that shit going on, quality is going to go downhill.
>>
>>28165577

o I think with EQG in general he just has a hard time with it.
>>
>>28159599
>What happened?
They got a completely new writer for the show to do this episode, and it shows.

This is why losing old writers is so bad, because alot of the time the new people you get to replace the old just do not give a shit about looking up how the show's gone on or continuity and character relationships.
>>
>>28165614

The Premise was McCarthys though, remember Showrunner for like 3 damn seasons?

Honestly for a new writer I think it was a decent debut, everyone but Dash felt pretty good. Fluttershy actually showed that she despite being easily fearful isn't such a doormat that she can't confront Dash over her bad behavior too.
>>
>>28165550
Well thanks, then at least I know I can do it again next time and get an extra point or two. Or however the hell these things work.

>>28165576
But didn't Larson say that there was nothing that annoyed him more than working with writers who didn't watch the show? Obviously he won't give names, but the fact that he brought that up means there must be some people who don't do anything.
>>
>What happened?
The writer didn't give a fuck to watch previous season.
>>
>>28165678

I think he was just talking about the writing process for TV shows in general.
>>
File: 1429586990516.jpg (36KB, 552x532px) Image search: [Google]
1429586990516.jpg
36KB, 552x532px
>>28165591
That's how everyone in IDW is getting their jobs, and it's getting ridiculous.

Jenn Blake is coming back because she is being brought back in by Whitely. Too bad she's a tremendous cunt.
>>
>>28165691

or he forgot literally one line, cause really the only real contradiction is the "we shouldn't prank Fluttershy" bit.

It's jarring because we've not seen Dash do much pranking as of late but she's never actually learned a lesson about it before. but the actual contradictions weren't that many.
>>
>>28165727

At least Jenn is a legitimate fan of the show, she's kind of insane but she's insane in the way we are (in that if she could she would literally marry Rarity)

Id take someone like that over people like Fosgitt any day.
>>
>>28165767
She may be a legitimate fan of the show, but she's far more insane than anyone here. I thought she was cool, but after finding out some of the things she does at cons, I'd rather her fuck off from the comics.

She went to panels at Bronycon drunk, and went on to insult the fandom, you know like the way Ghostbusters did. According to reports from other cons, this isn't a first.

I thought she was cool with having a waifu and all, but after finding out stuff like that, I really don't want her around.
>>
>>28165816

I was at that panel, yeah she was totally smashed but honestly it added to the experience, it was kind of ridiculous when she called that guy who said his favorite was Applejack a virgin though.
>>
>>28159599
I think the episode would have benefited from the conflict stemming from both RD and PP getting involved in a prank war with the two of them trying to one-up the other and Ponyville is caught up in the middle so the denizens ban together to out-prank them both.
>>
>>28159599
>season 1 Dash is immature cunt who gets a pass because she doesn't know better
>season 6 Dash is apparently still immature cunt who no longer gets a pass because she should know better
>>
>>28164872
but that element lives in another dimension.
>>
File: i'm full damaged.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
i'm full damaged.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>28159599
^:)
>>28164529
This wasn't a prank.
Is just Fluttershy being herself.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 1440x1080px)
image.jpg
32KB, 1440x1080px
>>28159603
Gee, Anon, I wonder
>>
File: 149821938219.png (119KB, 597x291px) Image search: [Google]
149821938219.png
119KB, 597x291px
>>28164529
She was not pranking Fluttershy get it through your loving carefree flowery brain she was being confrontational since flutterSHY had ran to the fucking hills before noticing the audience she sang for likes her fucking singing.

Pinkie Pie could of left her friend to cry herself to piss in the corner but she didn't. Did you expect Rainbow Dash to boop her on the shoulder to say "It's just a prank bro." how about Twilight what would she of done other than wait for her friend to stop being stupid.

Some flutterfags always want her to be brave without cause, this kills the shy.
>>
>>28165504
Nice damage control.
>>
>>28159684
What pranks? They've been non existent since season 1.
>>
>>28164440
You're literally the only one butthurt enough to never shut up about them in the fandom.

Kys and take your family with you.
>>
Guys, times change. It's Dash's fault for forgetting that to get away with pranks she has to say "it's just a prank bro."
>>
>>28164572
You're the only one being a cunt on purpose here, cancerfag.
>>
>>28167792
I replied without memes and shit later.
If you are going to jump into conversations, then fuck off.
>>
>>28159599
Episode should've ended with Dash hacking her friends up with a machete while they cry out that it was "just a prank, dashie!" to no avail.

How's that for a prank, ya bunch of amatures.
>>
>>28167848
Francis please go
>>
>>28167848
Maybe in your fanfiction.
Obviously can't show that in a show for little girls.
But I would probably have done the same.
Or killed myself, since it was pretty obvious that they were fucked so simply not resist and throw at the horde. Imagine how awkward it would have been to not be eaten, and how the fucking horde of fake zombies would have went, why did you try to kill yourself? cue mental ward scene, damn it.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.