[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is she?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

The last time she made and appearance was during the Christmas episode. Its been seven episodes since then with neither a mention nor an appearance.

She is probably been held in the Twilight dungeon as twiggles fully "reforms" her. Just to be sure.
>>
She actually helped reboot the map with Twilight in the Saffron episode. But yeah feels odd not at least having BG appearences with her.
>>
>>28155969
Oh you are right.
Still not even a background appearence specially in this episode.

Maybe im asking the staff too much.
>>
It's why I will never get bitching about her taking up too much screen time. She has barely been in this season.
>>
>>28155990
I was actually expecting her to take a mayor role During the season but it seems they will just save her for the finale.
>>
>>28155936
>expecting continuity with Haber
>>
>>28156127
even trump has more continuity
>>
>>28155936

Next weeks episode has Sunburst in it. If Glim Glam doesn't show up then it will be weird.
>>
>>28155990
And shitty characters like her need to be in it even less.
>>
>>28155936
We know she's got an episode coming up. And there's a Sunburst episode next week.
>>
>>28156180
if she doesnt appear will probably be just another nail on her characterization coffin.
because just using the finally on her(again) would be shit.

but this is hasbrothers with are talking about-
>>
>>28156180
>Sunburst can't be his own character, he always has to be an accessory to Nu-Glim
Shippers are the worst.
>>
>>28156222

I could give two shits about shipping dude.

Its a Twilight episode and she's Glimmer's teacher and she's going to see Glimmer's old friend. If Glimmer didn't have a part at all it would be weird. Do you not follow that logic?
>>
>she's gonna be in 7 eps and waifufags are still complaining about screentime
>>
>>28156254
It would be weird if Sunburst was so (unrealistically) closely tied to Glim that he literally cannot appear in an episode without Glim following closely behind. It would be like a social studies teacher only being able to speak with one of her students if her long-lost acquaintance from a different school on the other side of town was included in the meeting. I.e. it's dumb and would make Sunburst even shittier than he already is.
>>
>>28156222
I'm a shipper and I don't think he can't be his own character--the opposite, in fact. I think him being a well-developed, intricate character with non-Glimglam components only makes the ship more compelling.
>>
>>28156269
so from now on almost all the episodes will have her in.
even if it has nothing to do with her.
>>
File: Fucking Castle.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Castle.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>28156301
>>28156301

Alright, lets say that a friend of yours is going on a trip to visit one of your old friends in another state.

Would it not be odd if at the very least they didn't mention that to you to see if you wanted to come?

I mean what you're telling me is that the natural thing to happen in this situation is for Twilight to tell Glimmer that she's going to visit Sunburst and then proceed to ditch her ass at the fucking castle.

And as for him being his own independent character without Glimmer, he's been in one fucking episode dude. How many episodes has Big Mac been in and he's still tied to Applejack and Applebloom.
>>
>>28156382
>and then proceed to ditch her ass at the fucking castle
If Glimmer has a life of her own with things to do, friends to hang out with, and a career to maintain, then it's completely natural. You don't want her to be a pathetic cat lady who spends every waking moment obsessing over her fair weather friend from decades ago, do you?

>he's been in one fucking episode dude. How many episodes has Big Mac
Big Mac is tied to them because they all live and work together on the farm. Meanwhile, Sunburst and Starlight have hardly anything in common besides having a minor friendship in very early childhood. You're comparing apples to oranges.
>>
File: 1462048930392.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1462048930392.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>28156433

>If Glimmer has a life of her own with things to do, friends to hang out with, and a career to maintain, then it's completely natural.

At this point she doesn't really have a life of her own. Her career is being Twilight's student and the only friend she has who isn't one of Twilight's is Trixie.

Now if they want to have Twilight leave without Glimmer and have her go hang out with Trixie, or Rarity or whatever then they still need a scene to show what she's up to. Otherwise its natural for the viewer to question what she's doing because separated from Twilight she doesn't have much going on.

>You're comparing apples to oranges.

No, I'm comparing Apples to Starlight.
>>
>>28156480
>At this point she doesn't really have a life of her own.
And if she spends all her time orbiting around Twilight, she never will. And besides, why are you so insistent on Starlight wanting to be with Sunburst? They have hardly anything in common. There are plenty of things in the world that Starlight would be interested in that don't have anything to do with her shoddily written past or her fair weather friend from preschool. She can move on with her life. Don't you want that for her?
>>
>>28156518
It's a fucking show and Sunburst has no character besides one that revolves around Starlight.
>>
>>28156518
Not that anon.

Personally, I ship Sunburst and Starlight because I think they thematically mesh well together (the most powerful wizard alive and the most knowledgeable scholar of magic alive), they have a lot of chemistry, and they just look cute together.

I'd be okay with them being canon, but I don't think it's a pressing issue. I want them both to be developed more to make their romance (if it ever happens) more meaningful and complex.
>>
>>28156542
Then he's a shit character.
>>
File: 1446842280632.gif (336KB, 535x796px) Image search: [Google]
1446842280632.gif
336KB, 535x796px
>>28156518
>>28156518

I reiterate......

>if they want to have Twilight leave without Glimmer and have her go hang out with Trixie, or Rarity or whatever then they still need a scene to show what she's up to. Otherwise its natural for the viewer to question what she's doing because separated from Twilight she doesn't have much going on.

This has nothing to do with what I want for the character, I don't really care about Sunburst. This is about the basic elements of story writing. If you have a character and the two characters they are most closely associated with appear in a story then you need to have some reason why they aren't there or the reader (viewer) is going to be confused.

If they send Starlight off to do something on her own that's fine; but the assumption for the viewer is going to be that she should be tagging along with Twilight because she's her student and if she's not then you have to explain that.
>>
>>28156552
Yes congratulations for figuring that out.
You're basically asking for any of the following:
A Flim Flam episode without Applejack
A Cadance or Shining Armor episode without Twilight
A Cherilee episode without the CMC
A Discord episode without Fluttershy
It just doesn't work like that
>>
>>28156585
DELET THIS
>>
>>28156582
>or the reader (viewer) is going to be confused
Only if their priorities are screwed to hell. A viewer who isn't autistic will just be curious to see how Sunburst functions as a character instead of just as an accessory to Starlight.

>>28156585
All of those things are not only possible, but can potentially be interesting.
>>
File: Discord Reformed.jpg (97KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Discord Reformed.jpg
97KB, 1920x1080px
>>28156585

>A Discord episode without Fluttershy

We've had that and its a perfect fucking example of why it would be weird for Glimmer not to be fucking mentioned.

Discord shows up when Flutters is out of town (visiting the Breezies if I recall) in order to troll Twilight and Cadence; but the episode tells you that Flutters is out of town in the opening scene because if it doesn't then the viewer is going to sit around wondering why Flutters isn't dealing with Discord.
>>
>>28156585
To be fair we are getting the last one in two weeks.
>>
>>28156612
Discord *lives* with Fluttershy. Sunburst does not live with Starlight, or anywhere close. There is literally fuck all that needs to be explained here. Common sense should be enough.
>>
>>28156610

>A viewer who isn't autistic

Dude, I don't throw that term around much; but I've gotta ask if you've ever had yourself checked for it.

Because your apparent failure to understand how common story telling elements works and the assumptions that a viewer is going to make are pretty clear indicators that you've got some inability to comprehend the behavior of others.
>>
>>28156612
>>28156619
I thought the Cherilee one and Discord one were the weaker ones when I was writing it. Discord does actually have his own character, so I probably wouldn't count him in the list were I to rewrite my post
>>
File: Discord Dimension 2.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Discord Dimension 2.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>28156630

Discord doesn't even live in the same dimension as Flutters.
>>
>>28156631
If I were to write an episode about a man who divorced his slag of a wife and moved to another state, I should not have to do any explaining of why his ex-wife isn't living with him if they already know about the divorce. We're talking about an animated tv show with a strictly defined 22 minute time limit for each episode. Extraneous details that can easily be inferred by a 6 year old girl and don't have anything to do with the story do not belong. The law of conservation of detail. *That* is a basic part of storytelling.
>>
>>28156676

>If I were to write an episode about a man who divorced his slag of a wife and moved to another state,

You're not writing that story.

You're writing a story about a teacher going to visit an old friend of her only student. Your reader will wonder what the hell is going on if you don't mention the student.
>>
>>28156585

[x] Rekt
>>
>>28156691

A teacher who lives with the student.
>>
>>28156691
It's not important to the story, and what's going on can easily be inferred. I do not care one iota about people who can't glean what a six year old girl can. If Starlight isn't going to do anything in the episode, then there's no reason to mention her.

Now, if she is, then that's different. But it doesn't look like that's the case.
>>
>>28156676
If the husband was a long established main (or near main) character then maybe. If he was a character previously only featured with his ex wife then yes it would be weird (and poor writing) to have no mention of the wife.
And Starlight and Sunburst are still perfectly good friends
>>
>>28156726
>If he was a character previously only featured with his ex wife
Then the best thing to do would be to flesh him out as a character instead of dwelling on things the audience already knows full well.
>>
>>28156724

>and what's going on can easily be inferred.

Can it?

Glimmer lives with Twilight and her career is being Twilight's student. Twilight is going to see Glimmer's old friend and the story doesn't tell me why Glimmer isn't there.

Explain what that infers and how its inferred.

Because as I see it Twilight leaving town without her student to see said student's old friend and not providing any explanation for why her student isn't there begs the question.
>>
>>28156768
Again, the whole "they're still perfectly good friends part" by contriving the divorce in your scenario, you've basically pre-written out the wife, just as they'd have to do for Starlight if she wasn't going to appear in a Sunburst episode.
>>
>>28156794
>Explain what that infers and how its inferred.
You can easily guess that Starlight is doing her own thing with her own time. That's all you need for an episode where she doesn't do anything plot-relevant. The vast majority of people do not spend their lives obsessing over fair weather friends from decades ago, so why should the reason for her not doing that need to be explained?

>>28156799
They live very far away. How good friends they are doesn't matter. It's perfectly reasonable for Starlight to have things she'd rather do. Even if you, as a viewer, are curious as to what those things are, not having them spoon-fed to you shouldn't be a death sentence for the episode.
>>
>>28156835
That's not how you write slice of life television shows. If a non-main character is heavily tied to a main character, the main character better be in episodes with the background one.
>>
>>28156850
Or what? A bunch of autism triggers will be struck? Writing Sunburst as something more than just some satellite orbiting around Starlight will make him a stronger character, and vice versa.
>>
>>28156885
Your audience will be really confused.
>>
>>28156908
If that's really the case, then I should get a new audience. People who are really that dumb and that autistic are few and probably don't have much money to spend on merch in the first place.
>>
>>28156925
It's fine that you think you can build up a background character without their main supporting character. It just almost always (aka all the time) doesn't work and is more efficient to introduce a new character (like Starlight). See
>>28156585 again.
>>
>>28156943
You haven't actually explained how it doesn't work. You're just plugging your fingers in your ear and parroting some silly mantra. You're seriously giving off the impression that you're just butthurt that your pet pairing isn't being featured.
>>
>>28156585
>A Cadance or Shining Armor episode without Twilight
>A Cherilee episode without the CMC
>A Discord episode without Fluttershy
This would probably be ok
You are bad at this...
>>
>>28157005
Not him, and they probably would be, but if there was an episode where Shining Armor is haning out with Fluttershy the whole time and they don't mention Twilight or Cadance it'd be really weird.

There's a term from Seinfeld called "friend-in-law" that I think is what that guy is talking about. Basically: Shining Armor isn't friends with Fluttershy, he is brother to Twilight who's friends with Fluttershy. Likewise, Twilight is not friends with Sunburst, She is teacher to Starlight who's friends with Sunburst, so to have her go and hang with him without Starlight without any explanation would be really weird.

Not that any of this discussion matters because they probably will write Starlight out of the episode. She's probably going to be sick or out of town or something. Just like what they did when they wanted to have a Discord episode without Fluttershy in S4.
>>
File: twili curious.jpg (15KB, 251x213px) Image search: [Google]
twili curious.jpg
15KB, 251x213px
What if she's a bit of basement dweller? We already know how awkward she is in public, post-reformation.
Maybe she slept through this whole cookie zombie apocalypse prank?
>>
>>28155936
Maybe she has something better to do.
Like fomenting revolution against the crown.
>>
>>28155936
Toys aren't selling good enough.
>>
I like to think she's touring with Trixie
>>
>>28155936
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.