[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Season 7 When?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 15

File: Concern.png (701KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Concern.png
701KB, 1280x720px
Seriously.
>>
It's not going to improve, anon. Just watch EQG
>>
hopefully never
>>
>>28109580
KYS
>>
File: 1464475572236.png (732KB, 1212x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1464475572236.png
732KB, 1212x1038px
>>28109580
>>28109593
>reeeeeee hate the show like meeeeee
>s-shiteater!
>hasdrone!
>faustard!
>>
>>28109624
You just summed up /mlp/ right now.
>>
File: 1398573645155.jpg (56KB, 442x447px) Image search: [Google]
1398573645155.jpg
56KB, 442x447px
>>28109580
>>28109593
>>
File: Kill me now.jpg (60KB, 600x420px)
Kill me now.jpg
60KB, 600x420px
>>28109580
>>28109593
I feel bad for these anons who are trapped on this ride when they don't want to be
>>
>>28109559
They're probably looking at putting it on something other than DFC. Maybe Netflix.
>>
File: since season 2.png (128KB, 987x376px) Image search: [Google]
since season 2.png
128KB, 987x376px
>>28109635
As it was from the beginning, so it is now. I like to imagine the pony movie next year will improve everyones spirits but who am I kidding.
>>
>>28109559
If there is a God, never.
>>
>>28109695
Season 7 confirmed then
*tips fedora
>>
>>28109580
commit suicide
>>
There's not going to be a S7. The movie will be the grand finale for the show.

They're going to go on to make a GOH spin off with non-mane six characters after the movie along with an EQG series of 10 minute shorts.
>>
>>28109559
The decision to make it probably depends on the success of the movie
>>
>>28109580
>>28109593
>anthrofags
>>
>>28109719
I think the movie being a success would rather lead to new movies, rather than a new season.
>>
File: 1QyDtHo.png (25KB, 547x652px) Image search: [Google]
1QyDtHo.png
25KB, 547x652px
>>28109718
Ha, I finally get to use this.
>>
>>28109759
Please don't use that again.
>>
Why can't you guys just enjoy the show like me?

Fucking cunts.
>>
I was a firm believer that Season 7 was going to happen, but now I don't think so. I think Hasbro would have announced it by now. I hope I'm wrong.
>>
>>28109580
REKT
>>
>>28109759
Ah, proofster. Never change Russia.

But yeah, the movie will be the cap to the mane six's story, and they'll start a new one in Guardians of harmony, in order to pimp out their lesser used side characters, while still having the mane six occasionally cameo.
Meanwhile, they'll redouble efforts on their EQG series to keep up sales

Pretty much, what they did with Going to Transformers ROD from Transformers prime.
>>
File: pbgwcsb[1].jpg (29KB, 492x366px)
pbgwcsb[1].jpg
29KB, 492x366px
>>28109580
>>28109593
>>28109695
https://mlpplays.bandcamp.com/track/mr-boness-wild-ride-hotel-california-parody

Related
>>
>>28109695
God is wrathful and vengeful. If he loved you, you'd be with your waifu.

No, he hates us all, and there will be a S7 for that reason.
>>
>>28109559
God please no
>>
>>28109782
>There's a movie coming out for FiM but the series will be canned
Seems unlikely.
>>
>>28109937
Transformers does it. Their shows typically end or go on a long hiatus when movies come out. Most likely to not interfere with viewers.

In fact, it's pretty much guaranteed that come movie time, there will be a long MLP show hiatus.
>>
>>28110341
What about MLP gameloft?
Money go up and fallen slowly.
>>
The end of this generation would be near
>>
>>28109905
It's going to come and you're going to like it faggot.
>>
>>28110415
That's what I said to your mom last night.
>>
>>28109799
There's nothing wrong with asking for proof. If you have no proof then all this is just headcannon.
>>
>>28110399
Nope, it will a 4th generation remake in the future.
>>
>>28109605
FOUND THE UNDERAGE
>>
>>28110352
What are you talking about? I don't see what the gameloft game has to do with anything.
>>
>>28109559
Never
>>
>>28110341
Transformers movies aren't part of the same canon as the show, retard. Not since 1986.
>>
File: crying on the inside.png (87KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
crying on the inside.png
87KB, 250x247px
I just want to die.
>>
>>28109605
>>28109647
>>28109668
>>28109707

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck off faustfags
>>
>>28110915
Did you even think before you post, or are you an underage who wanted an excuse to call someone retarded? I'm assuming the latter.

Canon does not matter here. What matters is viewership. Why would parents take children to see a movie of a franchise when there is a perfectly fine TV show on? It's simple business. Starve people for content, and it'll create more hype for a movie.

Also, Animated is in the movieverse in Japan. So you're wrong there too. :^)
>>
>>28111493
The new movie is confirmed to be set in FiM continuity.

Japs are retards.
>>
>>28109559
I want to see Spike and the CMC become horny teenagers.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 512x288px)
image.jpg
30KB, 512x288px
Nobody force you to watch the show? You know faggot
>>
>>28111493
>Movies never tie in to existing franchises or currently running shows
Seeing as you like using slit eyes as examples, Kamen Rider, Super Sentai.
>>
>>28109580
kys eqgfag
>>
>>28111607
Okay, and? The point still stands, and it's logical from a business point. There's going to be a hiatus when the movie comes out to starve for content to build movie hype.

>>28111675
What does that have to do with anything I said? I never said movies never tie in dipshit. I was referring to how Hasbro doesn't have TV shows of their series airing while a movie is going.
>>
>>28109580
Do you need help?
>>
>>28111871
>Starve content to build hype
But even Hasbro don't do that. Most companies, and as a good example, Disney, will use associates media to build hype, the exact opposite of what you suggest. Disney channels for example ran marathons of Star Wars to build hypoe for force awakens among kids. You literally have it backwards.
>They stopo airing Transfomers when new movies releas
Except they don't?
Are tlu fucking high or just lying to yourself?
>>
>>28109559
Never.
R.I.P.
Press F to pay respects.
>>
File: 1447387390862.jpg (145KB, 1111x597px)
1447387390862.jpg
145KB, 1111x597px
>>28109559
NEVER EVER
>>
I think that this board will die before than the show
>>
>>28112090
>Disney channels for example ran marathons of Star Wars to build hypoe for force awakens among kids. You literally have it backwards.
Except those are RERUNS. Old things, to build hype and excitement for something NEW. You're confusing this with marketing. It's not that they keep it in the dark, it's that they hold off on new things to allow the biggest thing to shine off the most.

>Except they don't?
>Transformers Cybertron ended May 22nd, 2007. Transformers 1 came out July 3rd, 2007.

>Transformers Animated ended May 23rd, 2009. Transformers Revenge of the Fallen releases in the United States on June 24th, 2009.

>Transformers Prime went on a hiatus on July 23rd, 2011, did not return to TV until September 10th that year. Transformers Dark of the Moon releases July 29th.

>Transformers: Predacons Rising was released on October 4th, 2013. No new main Transformers series was released until March 14th, 2015. Transformers Age of Extinction releases July 27th, 2014.

Obviously I'm not saying they stop everything Transformers related altogether, if you weren't a mobilefag you'd see clearly I'm referring to the series does not have new content, not that they literally do not show the series.
>>
File: 1469723993126.png (302KB, 500x495px)
1469723993126.png
302KB, 500x495px
Oh god please just let it end and then like, 10 years later, introduce G5,

But we all know that wont happen
>>
>>28112177
>Running shows to build hype isn't marketing
That is precisely what "hype" is you clueless little shit. If you don't even grasp such basic terms I see little reason to try and educate you.
>>
File: e45.png (521KB, 720x528px)
e45.png
521KB, 720x528px
>>28112230
Oh my god. You're retarded. You read half of my posts and can't even be bothered to think anything other than a kneejerk reaction to incomplete information. I feel like I need to put emphasis on things so you read the entire post for once.

We're not talking about marketing with media. We're talking about new media. And in your Star Wars example, Rebels too went on a hiatus when The Force Awakens came out. It went on hiatus on December 9th.

The HYPE for the movie comes in the fact that it's something new, when there isn't anything new going on. HYPE is also a RESULT of MARKETING, marketing itself is not hype. So, naturally, the best idea to get the most number of people in theater seats as possible, is to not have two new things going on at the same time. While a big fan is going to go either way, a casual fan, or parents of a child, won't really care. Also, you don't want your own ratings to go down. If you have a TV show, and your movie comes out, and Saturday is a popular day to go to the movies, why would you want to put a new episode of a television show on a day when you expect people to go to the movies? You're asking for low ratings then.

How is this too complex for you to grasp? I'm not saying My Little Pony is going to end before the movie, you knee-jerking moron. I'm saying you can probably expect that there won't be any new episodes around the time the movie is in theaters. Whether it be the show is on hiatus or ends doesn't matter. The point is there will not be new episodes as the movie is out.
>>
>>28112312
Not him, but "I'm not saying My Little Pony is going to end before the movie"

But you did.
"I was a firm believer that Season 7 was going to happen, but now I don't think so."

Anyways, three quarters of investor conference calls suggest that FiM will continue indefinitely. And a hiatus surrounding the movie isn't incompatible with releasing more seasons of FiM. S7 might actually come earlier than expected, with an initial airdate in early winter 2017, terminating a couple months before the movie is set to release. Based on how positively the executive team talks about the show, I feel it's more likely that they're aping the MCU model, which constantly puts out content to keep bringing in new fans and satiating old ones.
>>
>>28113293
>But you did.
But I didn't.
>"I was a firm believer that Season 7 was going to happen, but now I don't think so."
That's not my post. My posts only started with bring up Transformers at >>28110341 to defend that first guy's post, if he genuinely thinks there will be no S7. I don't know if there is going to be an S7, but what I do know is that there will be no episodes around the movie.
>>
>>28113293
>Anyways, three quarters of investor conference calls suggest that FiM will continue indefinitely.
Which conflicts with Hasbro as of several months ago hiring an unknown individual to work on a MLP brand bible. Brand bibles aren't just created in the middle, they're created at the beginning to mark a new brand. And not just a small spinoff of one. Not to say the series will end tomorrow, as it does take a few years, but the fact that a brand bible is being created is a huge, underlooked fact.

>which constantly puts out content to keep bringing in new fans and satiating old ones.
And how would G5 break this model? It's the exact same thing, just a refresh when FIM gets too big, especially now that it's trying to add new characters. It's gonna need a mercy killing eventually. FiM won't literally go on for decades, as this isn't a typical kids cartoon, it's a toy commercial. And toys are produced roughly 2-3 years in advance, so you can't just assume it'll keep going well, eventually they find a point to refresh.
>>
>>28113430
>hiring an unknown individual to work on a MLP brand bible

News to me. And I can't find anything about it in hasbro's press releases, or via google, so unless you have a credible source as far as I'm concerned that never happened.

>Brand bibles aren't just created in the middle, they're created at the beginning to mark a new brand.

You can also use it if your brand is too bloated/has lost coherency and you plan on trimming it down. Between GOH, EQG, and FIM, Hasbro does need a unified front to coalesce its marketing around. A brand bible would be a good way to set a consistent tone across the three, or a way to roll one, (probably FiM) into another (probably GOH). It doesn't point to a full generational reboot in the way past pony generation changes have been done.

>And how would G5 break this model?
That depends. You appear to be suggesting that they won't ditch the core FiM characters and cast, they'll just slap a new label on FiM, change up the formula a bit, maybe change the animation style, and then roll from there. That would work within the MCU style model. But if you're suggesting that they're going for a hard reboot with completely new characters, that would be fundamentally incompatible with the model.

>And toys are produced roughly 2-3 years in advance, so you can't just assume it'll keep going well, eventually they find a point to refresh.

And all other signs point to 'eventually' being 2019-2020. Not 2017. If they're planning on a new gen or an FiM relaunch under a new label, that's still a few years away, maybe more if the movie is more successful than anticipated.
>>
>>28114469
> And I can't find anything about it in hasbro's press releases, or via google
Because this kind of information isn't released publicly like that. My source is Hasbro's own job website. A job description was put up several months ago, and as the position was filled, it put up a brief message saying such, and the listing was taken down. I'll try to find a screencap but it's difficult for that reason, and that people don't typically check there for MLP news. Make of that what you will, if you choose not to believe the truth then fine.

>It doesn't point to a full generational reboot in the way past pony generation changes have been done.
Except the last time someone was hired to create a brand bible it was a little someone named Lauren Faust and that's why we're here today. Brand bibles are created at the beginning, when your brand is too bloated you check the bible to go back to its roots, you don't hire someone to make a completely new one as they did.

>You appear to be suggesting that they won't ditch the core FiM characters and cast, they'll just slap a new label on FiM, change up the formula a bit, maybe change the animation style, and then roll from there.
Hasbro implied they'd be keeping the Mane 6 from now on at an early convention I believe around 2012. So yes.

>And all other signs point to 'eventually' being 2019-2020. Not 2017. If they're planning on a new gen or an FiM relaunch under a new label, that's still a few years away, maybe more if the movie is more successful than anticipated.
My point was just that FIM is not going on forever, not that it was going to end in 2017. Movies are one thing, but if the brand bible is to be taken into account, the show could be replaced in 2018-2019.
>>
File: HappyMan.jpg (112KB, 798x631px) Image search: [Google]
HappyMan.jpg
112KB, 798x631px
>>28109559
After S6
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.