[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harmony.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

"What the world really wants is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying" is there any spark for the beauty of friendship and what this Fandom has done for us and What it still can do left? Can you all really sit idly while everyone complains about canon and show quality when their missing the point? This all was supposed to mean something far greater, we are supposed to stand for peace! Yet we belittle each other over what eras of the show we care about and we're oh so excited to see the next drama filled YouTube celeb update... what did you guys get into the Fandom for? Have you forgotten everything?
>>
I'm in because I'm a guy and I'm not afraid to show I like pink. MLP sure isn't masc by old standards but we did redefine a certain notion of gender and societal norms.
I'm 19, I'm smart, and yes I love pink unicorns what's the problem?
>>
>>28105906
>I'm smart,
>I'm in because I'm a guy and I'm not afraid to show I like pink. MLP sure isn't masc by old standards but we did redefine a certain notion of gender and societal norms.
I'm 19... and yes I love pink unicorns what's the problem?

One of these is not like the other.
>>
>>28105854
It was never meant to be 'something greater' Sweet summer child, it was always a mediocre 20 minute toy commercial featuring colourful horses that we want to fuck.
>>
>>28106008
You're wrong. There's opportunity with this show, thousands upon thousands of dollars to charity don't lie.
>>
>>28106058
You Generation Y kids were always prone to some serious delusions of grandeur. My Little Pony is not the second coming of Jesus Christ you wish it was, it didn't make those charities, people who wanted to start charities started those charities and would have done so with or without the existence of the show.

Again. It is quite literally, now and forever, a show designed to sell a toy line, and boy did it.
>>
>>28106058
Yes, we can be proud of it, pink cute ponies are the medium. Could have been care bears, barbies, anything girly as long haters gonna hate.
I think we're no longer a minority to think like this on /mlp/ and that's important we're getting the visibility we need, dissociating /mlp/ from edgy aryanne posters, and focus on breaking the diktat of gender roles.
>>
>>28106084
Look I'm not an idiot, ofcourse it sells toys, ofcourse it's something that is profited from. That doesn't mean it didn't DC on great things for the people surrounding and supporting it. There is a charity auction at nearly every convention and not nearly as much money or support or acknowledgement would have been drawn to these charities had it not been for this fandom. This is fact. As for your religious or generational implications, they mean nothing. I think you're just attempting to stick an assumptive label on what you disagree with and call it a day. ...come on man, you're smart enough to know what this is and what it can be, you're just afraid of hope.
>>
>>28106114
>afraid of hope
I'm pragmatic, I'm not in the business of seeing shit that isn't there. While a minority of ponyfags actually buy into this stuff, they are still a minority. The larger majority would rather sink their funds into merch of their own to become a potato over.

It is literally just a pony show. You don't need to attach a cause to it, or rationalise it as some bigger thing in society. It is what it is.

Just sit down, watch some horses, and let the world take care of itself, it always has.

On a side note, this attitude of attaching things to the show for no good reason is why we're the toilet of 4chan.
>>
File: 1190797.png (475KB, 1280x714px) Image search: [Google]
1190797.png
475KB, 1280x714px
>>28105854
>he doesn't know about autism

Where do you think you are?
>>
>>28105906
Back to tumblr faggot
>>28106058
>i feel a certain way so im right the post
>>28106114
Wow.... You're legitimately autistic, fuck kill your self
>>
>>28106114
>>28106084
>>28105854
Keep that feeling in your heart. I used to have it, but it's long gone now.
>>
>>28106008
Answer a question for me. If it means nothing- if it's just a mediocre toy commercial- then why, over five years later, are you still here? Why are so many others? How did so many people gather behind it and create so much in its name? You can't get something from nothing. Belittling the show and its fans won't change the fact that there is undeniably more to this than a simple cash-in.

You claim we're outcasts because we pretend something matters more than it does. I say we're outcasts because people on this website are afraid to believe that anything matters, and seeing us show passion for what we like makes them confused and angry.
>>
>>28106359
I'm still here because I like the pony show and nothing else. People make content to get horse famous because they want those (You)'s.

And don't put words in my mouth, belittling the show and its fans isn't what I'm doing, I'm telling it like it is.

>believe in anything that matters
You took a wrong turn at alberquerque and wound up on 4chan. The only thing we believe in here is horse pussy. Go back to EqD with your le ebin world shaking movement.

We never stood for anything more than watching little horses, and if you would rather keep the wool pulled over your eyes concerning that fact, you'll leave /mlp/ for good.
>>
>>28106384
I want you to look around this board and explain to me how what you see could possibly be the behavior of people who don't care about anything more than a bit of gratification. I could post a thread asking about the fandom's music, art, stories, animations, or any other such subject right now and find enough people interested to keep it alive. You may claim I'm no true Scotsman for appreciating such things, but who's the one talking about how little he cares for the community he claims to represent here?

You wear apathy as a badge of honor, but all it shows is that you're too cowardly to commit to anything. I promise you this, anon- you will never be held in high regard for your great wealth of detachment, or envied for your practiced skill of mockery. If you want to hold sway over what anyone thinks, here or elsewhere, you're going to have to take something seriously.
>>
>>28105923
the problem is that you are a shitty piece of shit that plays with his dung like play do
>>
>>28106431
>All this projecting

You don't care about the show any more than you care about slapping a cause on it because you can't appreciate it as its own thing, it has to have some sociopolitical agenda behind it because it doesn't mean anything to you otherwise.

This is the worst of attitudes to have, Tumblr for example is very adept at using innocent cartoons as political mouthpieces. This is you right here. You don't seem to be capable of accepting that some people, namely the people of this board don't care to spin MLP into anything else other than what it is, and was always intended to be from the start.

"A children's program that can be enjoyed by the whole family."

There was a time when you would have been shouted out of the board with stale memes and image macros because everyone here knew this simple fact.

I don't care if you believe the show should be something greater, I'm simply here to tell you that was never its intended purpose and it shouldn't be. If you have to use a fictional horse as a mouthpiece to promote peace, then the only coward here is you because you cannot do it on your own.

MLP is not for serious, it is for harmless fun.
>>
>>28106809
/thread
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.