[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the most tolerant of Equestria Girls this board has ever been.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 48

File: EQGFG.png (2MB, 1383x759px) Image search: [Google]
EQGFG.png
2MB, 1383x759px
This is the most tolerant of Equestria Girls this board has ever been.
>>
>>28095222
You want a fucking cookie? Who cares if people tolerate it? Even if we said something about how we don't like it people would just get upset. So we don't bother.
>>
>>28095231
I don't think you're actually upset.
>>
>>28095238
I kind of am, but there's no point in truly vocalizing it because nothing gets done and EqG fans just get smug and gloat.

I cannot fucking wait until Guardians of Harmony comes out as an animation and I can finally return the favor.
>>
>>28095222
Friendship Games was by far the worst one. The first was generic but watchable, and the second was rather entertaining.
>>
>>28095303
The series improved with every installment, fite me.

I'm not expecting LoE to continue the trend, though.
>>
>>28095222
We love our highschool bratz dolls
>>
>>28095305
I thought RR was better, but FG was definitely watchable. LoE looks pretty good.
>>
>>28095264
>Guardians of Harmony
>Becoming a show
Son, sit down, I got something to tell you
And it's not gonna be easy to hear...
>>
File: gohseries.jpg (468KB, 1378x763px) Image search: [Google]
gohseries.jpg
468KB, 1378x763px
>>28095335
Go ahead. They gave this to EqG.
>>
>>28095319
Rainbow Dash ruined RR for me. Her cuntish attitude gets no excuse regardless on whether everyone else was being bitchy too. Without her it would've been a better movie.
>>
>>28095305
I don't think the series doesn't improve, I just thought Friendship Games was very bad. I don't have an opinion on LoE yet, but it looks okay so far. Just hope they don't focus only on Twilight again.

I just say:

RR>1>FG
>>
File: 1432251072650.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432251072650.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>>28095342
Did you ever stop to consider the fact that it was actually referring to, I don't know, the cartoon that is currently on-going at the moment?
>>
>>28095346
I think the biggest thing that wins me over on RR is the Dazzlings. They seemed like generic bratty girls at first but they've really grown on me.

RD is always cunty, so maybe I'm just used to it.
>>
>>28095364
Wouldn't need a separate designation, then. Trademarks take a long time to go through.
>>
>unironically liking EQG
If I wanted anthro moe nonsense I could just watch animes
>>
>>28095264
>I can finally return the favor
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: shorts.png (206KB, 266x599px) Image search: [Google]
shorts.png
206KB, 266x599px
>>28095222
Most people gave up shitting on EG, but the board is pretty much split. Half the board would be happy if EG ceased to exist
>>
>>28095392
I really want to see an accurate poll of how much of /mlp/ still hates EG today vs. last year.
>>
>>28095314
Your bait failed wonderfully
>>
File: 1403819979268.jpg (16KB, 512x383px) Image search: [Google]
1403819979268.jpg
16KB, 512x383px
>>28095392
>half the board wants that sperm goddess to stop existing
>>
>>28095414
(You) replied to it :$)
>>
>>28095419
I'm feeling generous today. Here's another (you). Itll keep your dying breed going a little longer.
>>
File: 1388661416498.png (244KB, 622x554px) Image search: [Google]
1388661416498.png
244KB, 622x554px
>>28095416
>>
>>28095222
The show is back on. EqG hate always increases during hiatuses.
>>
>>28095222
It helps that the Previews for the rest of S6 have been little to nothing, And S6 has been INCREDIBLY weak.

People only really have More starlight glimmer focus to look forward to for the S6 finale, and there's not much else to look forward to coming up this season.

As such, S6 has alot of people in a funk of Not giving a shit, since there's ALOT of glimmer hate: Due to this, LOE is looking better by comparison, especially since hasbro's going out of their way to advertise it well, with scenes of ALL of the six getting powers and playing up its action scenes.
>>
>>28095469
She has been in four fucking episodes this season. People who hate the whole season because of her are fucking dumb, honestly. The best episodes of the season don't even have her in them, so what's the deal?
>>
>>28095416
Faggots, who else?
>>
>>28095486
>The best episodes of the season don't even have her in them
>I wonder if there's a correlation?
>>
>>28095222
>>28095444
How are you guys getting trips?
>>
>>28095486
Its pretty apparent that the finale is going to be about her though, and alot of us put alot of stock in the two parters since those get the most efffort and resources put into them by staff.

Plus, the two parters are the only real chance for action episodes we get, so the fact that its almost assuredly going to revolve around Shitter sucks out the enthusiasm some of us have.
>>
>>28095222
The show has done a lot of things that I don't agree with, made a lot of wrong turns and almost made me get off the ride once, but I never truly hated any of it. EQG is the exception. I've hated that monster high-tier bullshit from the day we first saw those leaks. There is just something objectively WRONG with it. It's further degraded a board already filled with shitty generals that always get bumped from page 10 and whatever shit post is popular that week. Everything else comes and goes in cycles, but EQG never fucking ends.
>>
>>28095509
Nice try memer, but the episodes where she is in are not only good episodes, but good because she is in them. The other episodes that are better just happen to be on another level completely in terms of quality, but that has nothing to do with her presence.
>>
>>28095222
and sexiest
>>
>>28095509
The best 2 episodes this season, no second prances and the hearthswarming one had her as the main character for the episode.
>>
what's wrong with EqG anyway? I like it.
>>
>>28095717
Nothing is wrong with it. Faustfags are just butthurt that mommy left them.
>>
>>28095717
What's wrong with the new Ghostbuster? I like it.
>>
wew, so many hasdrones around here
>>
>>28095717
It's generic. You could replace the pones with anything else and it would still be the same boring shit.
>>
>>28095717
Here we go.
>>
>>28095734
You know, I can actually forgive them for the decline in quality in the show and everything, it happens to most series when they go on for too long, and people are naturally incompetent.

But they actually took a show about cute ponies and turned them into humans and put them in a cliche highschool setting, just to introduce humanoid toys and compete with Mattel's Monster High.
It's terrible that we actually grow accustomed to it and become more tolerant.
>>
>>28095786
It's like Sweden with the muslims. Their women got raped for so long that they stopped caring and began turning a blind eye to it
>>
>>28095786
>It's terrible that we actually grow accustomed to it and become more tolerant.
This. It's like being forcefed shit and then starting to voluntarily eat shit since you're used to it.
>>
>>28095800
Wut? I've heard nothing about this in liberal America where all Muslims are accepted no matter what because what's Sharia Law? Is it really getting that bad in Europe? You guys need a moat around your country like us.
>>
>>28095717
This is how most of the people that don't like EqG feel.
>>
>>28095821
Words of wisdom. And that's just scratching the surface
>>
>>28095819
America has the luxury of only muslims who LEGITIMATELY want to come to america for immigration purposes coming over here; The ocean acts as an economic barrier, so the poor ass shitty muslims can't get here via inflateable rafts.

Basically, this means that the hardcore fundamentalist muslims have a harder time getting here, while they just flood into europe because europe hasn't taken a hard stance on keeping them out.

So the one's we get in america fuse into american society quickly since they legitimately want to be a part of the country (Usually), while the ones in Europe want to set up mini-Sandcastle ghettos that treat themselves like mini-countries.
>>
It's funny that whenever people start talking seriously about EQG's flaws (the biggest one being its existence), there's never a single counter-argument to be found.

EQG is utterly indefensible.
>>
>>28095842
We got spics coming over though. Legal Latinos are perfectly fine. They make good food. But illegals hurt the economy.
>>
>>28095849
I don't like EqG but don't be a shitter. People like you are why no one takes criticism seriously.
>>
>>28095821
"I like it" guy here.
They're some pretty fair points. I think EqG is good, but nothing special. I don't think it's something to get so hurt over though.
I'd also rather an actual MLP movie than EqG.
>>
>>28095821
there are those who feel the same way about FiM
>>
>>28095856
No, no, don't respond, DON'T Oh goddammit
>>
>>28095863
And? The anon asked what's wrong with EqG.

If you can point out how MLP:FIM is riding the coat tails of another franchise while trying to exploit the fan base of another unrelated one I'm all ears.
>>
>>28095853
Illegal mexicans hurt the economy, but they don't congregate and fantasize about murdering all the Non-catholics like Illegal muslims do.

Illegal mexicans may cause economic problems but they WANT to become part of america, which is to be respected, even if we need to prevent their influx.

Illegal muslim refugees tend to have no interest in acclimating into the countries they're invading.
>>
>>28095821
I'm an egqfag and I agree with much of this as the initial idea and follow through was crap but RR is better than almost every episode don't kill me and LoE is looking hella good. It's being taken in a great direction. And I like a bit of romance. Hunger Games and HP did the perfect amount because the romance was such a side aspect that it didn't affect the story. As long as it doesn't do nearly as much romance as Twilight (vampire book series) then I'm fine. Other than that its pretty funny watching Flash get flustered when talking to Twilight.
Plus, you guys are still getting your pony movie and they got decent actors for it. EG never got that treatment.
>>
>>28095862
That was the primary issue from the start.

We wanted an FIM movie and instead got High School Musical 2: Feux-Equestria Boogaloo
>>
>>28095889
Mexicans set up little ghettos. I'm in southern California and if you get close enough to the border, it all looks like Tijuana. Spanish billboards and shit.
>>
>>28095891
>but RR is better than almost every episode
b8/10
In all seriousness though could you explain why? I watched RR and got bored within the first 20 minutes. I had to force myself to finish it.
>>
>>28095863
FiM was made by people who actually cared about their creation, people who put their heart into it and wanted it to be something special that could be more than just a show for little girls, transcend its target audience. And it far exceeded their expectations, FiM became a worldwide phenomenom.

EQG on the other hand was just shoved in there to leech off of FiM's popularity and get some sweet MH bucks. None of the people behind it ever gave a fuck and were just doing it for their monthly paychecks
>>
>>28095912
USED TO BE made by such people. Haber openly doesn't give a shit about FIM and its just a job to him.

All the people who actually cared about FIM have long since left the staff.
>>
File: I'm Done.png (525KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
I'm Done.png
525KB, 640x960px
>>28095912
>>
>>28095891
That's fine. I don't care if you like it. But I don't understand what's appealing about it and probably never will. High school-anything just bores me to tears.
>>
the main thing wrong with EqG is that they were trying too hard to be a clone of MH
with the route they seem to be going, they could become their own thing and become successful
hopefully a tv series will occur when FiM finishes
then we'll get to see the "cardboard" cutouts of the main5 actually develop as characters much like their pony counterparts have done in FiM
a movie with several main characters can't focus on all of them in a 90 minute movie
>>
>>28095920
True, and the show has visibly suffered for it.
>>
>>28095920
I'm obviously talking about how it started, mate. As I said before, the decline in quality and bad decisions are expected in every series that go on for too long, but it's nothing like EQG
>>
>>28095904
Well I am a Shimmerfag so of course I'm gonna have bias for RR because she was so good in it but RR had cool villains, great songs, great shirts, and Twilight wasnt a little Mary Sue. She actually encountered a problem she couldn't solve and Sunset figured it out. Again, lots of bias but it was still damn good. And not bait, I legit think it's better than most episodes.
>>
>>28095912
I feel like it's completely flipped now.
>>28095929
Once you get past the cheesy high school pandering and try to enjoy the plot and characters, it's pretty enjoyable. But yeah the whole highschool thing was kinda dumb but that was Hasbro wanting to pander.
>>
>>28095912
This, though I think a few people still working on it give a fuck.

A decade from now EqG will be a footnote.
>>
>>28095946
>had cool villains
Cliche sirens that are overdone
> great songs
They were ok. Nothing really to say about
> great shirts
What? Either way that is irrelevant
>Twilight wasnt a little Mary Sue
Yeah they just made her and the mane 6 retarded. It was an old the new girl saves the day episode
>>
>>28095946
>Shirts
Shorts*
>>
Spike should have never been a dog. Meghan fucked up and every writer since her has probably wanted to fix it, and it was and is a valid complaint for the series.

If the target audience consistently calls out how fucking dumb it is to your face year in and year out, maybe take the hint.
>>
>>28095960
>Cliche sirens that are overdone
What? Where the fuck have you seen sirens like we saw?
>It was an old the new girl saves the day episode
It was one of the best redemptions I've ever seen done before.
I'm trying to reason with you but I feel like you are just really stretching for things to bitch about.
And I meant shorts, not shirts. As in those cool music video shorts like "shine like Rainbows" and "my past is not today".
>>
>>28095968
celestia should have never been a lousy principal
ponies should have never become humans
>>
>>28095955
Take the high school themes away and there is nothing that couldn't have been tackled in FIM.

The entire shtick of EqG IS the high school aspect.
>>
>>28095968
>Spike should have never been a dog. Meghan fucked up and every writer since her has probably wanted to fix it, and it was and is a valid complaint for the series.
This so much. I'm an eqgfag but I really support this. I don't know what they could have turned him into but not a dog. It would have conflicted with sci-twis eventual character though if he was more than a dog.
>>
>>28095920
>>28095941
>>28095944

Well haber isn't writing Legend of everfree, and normally they have head writer write EQG stories, right?

So maybe that means he's not going to be the head writer for S7 and we'll get who cares at the helm?
>>
>>28095979
True. Sometimes I can't help but feel like no one actually likes the story or lore of MLP, they just fixate on characters and perceived sexual stuff and nothing else. This happens with everything related to the franchise, honestly. If it doesn't star their waifu being amazing, so many people don't give a fuck even if there's a good story there.

>>28095985
Kid brother. It's so fucking easy. I don't know why Meghan had the "HURR HE HAS TO HIDE IN HER BACKPACK" argument with the first one because he could have been, you know, a fucking younger student like the CMC. Jesus.

Of course Sci Twi's thing fucked it permanently.
>>
>>28095978
Literally any greek mythology inspired tale.
>one of the best redemptions you've ever seen
wew lad
>>
stop talking bad things about the movies where muh human waifu appears. don't you understand i could never fap to ponies?
>>
>>28095989
The worst part is now Spike's major dynamic, his crush on rarity, is going to be full on beastiality if they try and do it.
>>
>>28095968
Don't forget about the diamond dogs that become human. This is what some people here expect us to take seriously.
>>
>>28095994
I know you're shitposting but that is an honest explanation someone gave me as to why they liked EqG over FiM
>>
>>28095222
Feet make a huge difference in a movie's reception.
>>
>>28095983
They could have done it where the girls were in their mid 20s but Hasbro wanted to pander so they did. Plus, with EG being stand alone from FiM, it allows us to see more of Shimmers story. I'm adamant about her not being part of the mane 6 in Equestria because it would have held back her story because Twilight would still be the main focus. In EG, we got to explore a new character without Twily taking the spotlight.
>>
>>28096011
Those are some generically drawn feet there senpai.

[Spoiler]Reason #43 why I can't take EqG fans seriously.[/spoiler]
>>
>>28095912
FiM is a fluke
Hasjew threw mlp at Faust like an owner gives their dog a bone as scraps
she never went to hasbro to make FiM

anything after S3 that the fandom doesn't like their own fault for making FiM popular
this includes EqG
no matter how you slice it, a high school movie was going to be made
it just so happened that FiM was coming to a close (at the time of production and before the show got renewed) as well as all the fanart that was being made of the ponies AS HUMANS, and Hasjew need something to compete with the ever popular MH from Mattel
this trifecta is what created EqG

they are moving away from the high school setting altogether now, which is a good thing for them, if they can steer EqG into exploring the effects of magic in their world and possibly other villains that were tossed into that world because of Starswirl being a lazy ass, it could be very good. a mixture of Buffy, Angel, Supernatural, Scooby Doo, magical girl, etc type of movies/show could make it very successful
>>
>>28096003
Unforgivable, honestly. And it strikes at the heart of why I dislike EqG: it takes cool shit, like dragons, and makes them into regular things like dogs with no fucking rhyme or reason.

>>28096016
>In EG, we got to explore a new character without Twily taking the spotlight

Do we watch the same movies? At BEST, she shares the stage with Sunset. At worst, she's the main character. The other characters are all flat as fuck.
>>
>>28096016
>Who's the central person on this image?
>Hint: its not shimmer
>>
>>28096011
how can i hate them for such a cheap low-effort cashgrab monster high ripoff when it makes my dick happy?
>>
>>28096043
Twilight toys sell well because the target audience likes her a lot. Sunset Shimmer is more of a fan favorite character among the adult audiences, honestly. Why do you think it took until wave three to get a Mini of her?
>>
>>28095991
Literally any greek mythology inspired tale.
How? They are only one Greek myth and they are hardly ever done in media.
How is it overdone? What show or movie has used sirens? The closest thing I can think of is the Percy Jackson series. If it's never done, how is it overused? That's like me saying that Tirek is an overused story because >literally any centaur story ever. The whole universe plays strongly off Greek mythology. I'm happy they did such cool monsters
You are seriously stretching far kid.
>>
>>28096030
FiM wasn't a fluke, Lauren loved the old series, and she played around with the idea and made concepts as early as 2007, maybe even earlier
>>
>>28096033
I'm referring to RR and FG where Sunset was much more prevalent.
>>
>>28096029
I smell a mobile fag
>>
>>28096047
>Sunset Shimmer is more of a fan favorite character among the adult audiences,

her fans are rabid, but not as numerous as they'd like to think: APPLEJACK gets more fanart made of her by a massive amount, like 4 times as much.
>>
>>28096047
>Sunset Shimmer is more of a fan favorite character among the adult audiences
/mlp/ doesn't count
>>
>>28096043
That's cause Sunset got her story in RR and FG so now the writers have a new subject with a fresh story ahead of her. Human Sunset is next. Calling it now
>>
>>28096077
Because she's been in the scene 3 years longer than Sunset. AJ had art made of her while being a brony was popular and the fandom was strongest. We got Sunset right after the peak so it makes sense she would have less art.
>>
>>28096077
to put this into perspective

DB uploads in the past 30 days
AJ: 1528
SS: 662
>>
>>28096059
I'm counting 9 creatures on that list that were in MLP and that Anon is crying they used a monster that we never see. There's even more mythological monsters not on that list that were used in MLP.
>>
>>28096094
Not saying there's more TOTAL made of her, but that the output of NEW fanart is drastically greater.
Its the current interest in her atm, not how much interest there was for her in the past.

>>28096081
A human sunset story would be a sunset story; they'd have a crapton of focus on the Pony sunset alongside the human sunset.
>>
>>28096095
In addition to what >>28096094 said, the ponies also have more art due to much more screen time. That means more screenshots for porn and more scenes for artists to draw inspiration from. AJ has had a shit ton more screentime than Sunny.
>>
>>28096115
See>>28096137
>>
>>28095430
>no hooves spurting >no hooves
>>
>>28096146
hownew.ru
>>
>>28096065
but she went to Hasbro to pitch a different project, Hasbro casually offered mlp to her to see what she could do with it almost as an afterthought
they just happen to strike gold because she played with mlp as a child and was feminist enough (at the time) to make it into what we got

I'm saying that if they hadn't given it to her on a whim, FiM would be as girly as the previous generations
hence why I'm calling the show a fluke (to which I'm grateful for)
it also just happen to hit at the right time and gotten enough free publicity from /co/ to get people to watch and talk about it
the fandom was fucked from the start for being born from 4chan's loins though
>>28096043
kids aren't gonna care or even know which Twilight that is, just that it's a Twilight
that's why they fucked up FG the way they did
it would have "confused" their intended audience by having Sunset react so differently to two Twilights
never mind the fact that their clothes, hair style, mannerisms and one wears glasses are obvious things that make them different

even in the commentary they stated they shouldn't have cut that stuff out, it was the big guys up top who told them to do so
hell, it was part of the original synopsis of FG to begin with
>>
File: 1468439022283.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1468439022283.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>28096169
That's way to much to have someone read. I don't even know whih side you are on but that's too fucking long mate.
>>
>>28096179
Not him but:
>four paragraphs at maybe 3 sentences each
>too long lol

Sometimes discussion requires more than "kys newfag cuck cuck cuck"
>>
>>28096179
right place and right time for Faust

FG should have kept the homesick Shimmer plot

better?

to be fair, I did toy with the idea of doing the whole tl;dr at the bottom of my post
>>
>>28095392
Most people gave up because the Eqg shills are louder and more obnoxious. If Eqg was just a tiny part of the board, one or two Eqg threads per day and no deserters in pony threads, I'd be perfectly happy. But Eqg shills are trying to make this an /eqg/ instead of an /mlp/, so it's actually Eqgshills and Eqgfags who make me hate Eqg with burning passion.
>>
>>28096307
At least banning greentext prompts slowed them down.
>>
>>28096321
There's 6 or 7 prompts up right now. Thankfully only one of them is eqg-related but the number alone shows that mods only give a fuck a few days after they ban something, and then it's like they never did anything. I do my duty reporting all that shit but that rarely does a thing.
>>
>>28096337
Meh. Report and hide. It's not high on their list of worries but still good to report.

I just remember how bad Shimmer shitposting got. Damn.
>>
>>28095222
The show's at something of a low point right now while EQG seems to be heading in a promising direction.
>>
>>28095486
Excuse you, No Second Prances and Hearth's Warming Tail were great.
>>
>>28096206
Much better. And I fully agree about the FG plot but we then wouldn't have LoE and it's looking pretty good. It better make up for FG or I fear for the future of EG.
>>
>>28096365
The show is better than ever, but oh well. More fun for me then.

>>28096373
They're probably making EqG 5 regardless. It's cheap to make so it doesn't really matter.
>>
File: smug_sunset_shimmer.png (718KB, 4037x4476px) Image search: [Google]
smug_sunset_shimmer.png
718KB, 4037x4476px
I heard people talkin shit about FG saying RR was better. Some people just can't appreciate Equestria Girls KINO.
Continue enjoying your cliche-riddled Rainbow Rocks "flick", kiddies.
>>
I think I see why it's more palatable for me: I have no idea what it's trying to riff off of.

You all accuse it of being a shallow Monster High leech but if that's the case, I don't know anything about what it was trying to be because I've never given that any mind. What is Monster High? What is the premise and why is Equestria Girls hedging too close to it to be its own entity?
>>
File: 1442938972440.png (89KB, 261x299px) Image search: [Google]
1442938972440.png
89KB, 261x299px
>>28095222
By this point I'm pretty sure >no hooves fags hate EQG posters because they're normal than they are.

At the end of the day, /mlp/ is a haven for degenerate horsefuckers, and I'm sure some don't like the fact that people who don't like that shit live on the board.

At the end of the day, who gives a shit. They're the same characters. I'd fuck Ponka regardless of her form.
>>
I guess as the OP I should throw my hat into the ring on the subject:

As far as Equestria Girls being a bad idea conceptually, I agree. It should never have been and I was annoyed like the rest of you when they first announced it.

The first two movies were okay (the first one being kind of meh-but-mildly-entertaining and the second being better but still somewhat underwhelming). The evolution of Sunset's character was probably the best attribute about those (as it actually felt thoughtful, unlike some stuff that seems to happen in FiM).

Then Friendship Games happened and cut itself off from Equestria as a plot device, which I think was a great move. Plus human Twilight feels like a different character in her own right and she's such a sweetie. The only thing I really didn't like about it was how flat Finch's character was (and, I have to agree, the antagonism between Crystal Prep and Canterlot High is poorly defined).

I will watch LoE but right now I'm not confident it will continue the momentum from Friendship Games. The premise seems tangential to the atmosphere they had built up from FG (though with the continued presence of Midnight Sparkle, there is still potential for that trajectory). Ideally (for me) EQG4 would have focused on the dimensional aspect of Equestria Girls and used human Sunset Shimmer to mess with that (since the stinger of FG was implying that the next movie was going to be about dimensional doubles).
>>
My DICK is positively throbbing right now
>>
>>28097159
I should add that a significant amount of tolerance I had for the original EQG was due to how poor Season 3 was. When EQG was at least better than Magical Mystery Cure, I was able to swallow it better than I would have if S3 wasn't trash.
>>
>/co/ can't take EQG like they should

Fucking GR15
>>
>>28095303
This. FG basically had no plot at all, no tension, no buildup, no nothing. Just a few mildly humorous scenes involving the magic going crazy and creating random portals.
RR is by far the best, but both previous movies were significantly better than FG in pretty much every way.

The only good thing about FG that I can think of is all the new cute characters it introduced. Sci-light, the crystal prep girls and EqG Cadence.
>>
>>28095342
What exactly is GoH though?
Are they just going to rename FiM to GoH after season 6?
>>
>>28097360
As of now, it's a toyline.

What it becomes is a mystery.
>>
>>28095920
>Haber openly doesn't give a shit about FIM
How come he writes the best episodes these days then?
>>
It disgusts me with the amount of vigor people dislike Equestria Girls here with.

You need to lighten up.
>>
>>28095717
It's not as bad as we say it is, it's just that the Hasberg bootlickers are physically incapable of accepting that people don't like it. They're the new furries. They're annoying cunts that will drag on endless shitfits trying to force this board to "accept" their substandard noncanon made-for-TV movies. They can't come to terms with the fact that people enjoy ponies more on a board named /mlp/ - Pony and are sick of seeing so much damn non-pony.
>>
>>28097401
I'm pretty sure it's just a small handful of shitposters who love to pop into threads just to voice their disapproval of the topic.
>>
>>28095231
that's being salty desu
>>
>>28097413
>I'm sure Equestria Girls fans are just a small handful of shitposters who love to make threads to annoy the large majority who think its garbo.
>>
>>28096391
>/tv/posters like EQG
>not even old /tv/posters, the newfags from reddit who just came to smear shit on the rotting corpse of the board, think kino = good, and spam blacked and what did he/she mean by this threads

I hope for the sake of EQGfags that this is a false-flag.

>>28097025
>I'm pretty sure no hooves fags hate EQG posters because they're (more) normal than they are

Nah, watching mlp and posting on here are the only non-normie things I do and EQG a shit.

>They're the same characters.

Except that they aren't. All of FiM's main characters and a good chunk of the secondary crew grow over six seasons, EQG only develops shimmer and leaves the other 5 static. Which leads to my main complaint; EQG is consistently extremely low effort. The characterization is incredibly lazy, essentially plucking the FiM characters from mid Season 1 and then freezing all their personal growth. In terms of music, I haven't heard a single FiM song that I didn't instantly enjoy, but I could barely make it through the original and friendship games because the music was fucking trash. Even the supposedly good music in RR just doesn't do it for me. How can this be? Presumably all the same people work on both. Except they don't, Ingram isn't involved in EQG, they save on costs by letting fucking Anderson write lyrics. The plots themselves are pretty low effort as well, drawing heavily from the myriad of teen movies and shows already in existence without bringing anything new to the table to compensate. The result is a cheap low-quality cash-in, insulting to the target audience and undeserving of even the meager praise it gets. It mystifies me that people actually enjoy it. I don't resent them for doing so, but if they show up and make an obnoxious post in an FiM thread, or make a thread like >>28095667, I won't take their shit sitting down.
>>
>>28097499
>Which leads to my main complaint; EQG is consistently extremely low effort.

I don't feel that way.
>>
>>28097499
>The characterization is incredibly lazy, essentially plucking the FiM characters from mid Season 1 and then freezing all their personal growth

I'm sorry a movie with a limited runtime can't go over all the character development a whole season of a show.

Actually a movie tried to do that once.

The Last Airbender movie.

And it was fucking shit.

Unless you can find me evidence that the EQG characters differ noticeable from their pony counterparts then you'll have to keep looking like a butthurt retard, I guess.

>absence of evidence is not evidence of absence
>>
>>28097705
>EQG movies
>take less than a year to make

>MLP movie we've been hearing about since 2014
>slated for 2017, still more than a year til it releases

>but EQG isn't low effort tho
>>
>>28095717
WTF I like EqG now
>>
File: Hoovy.jpg (31KB, 455x417px) Image search: [Google]
Hoovy.jpg
31KB, 455x417px
>>28097742
When the fuck did I say the EQG movies weren't low effort? I just said why they couldn't fit in a whole bunch of development.

Unless you really think effort in movies is solely down to the script.

Yep, that MLP Movie is gonna have the best damned writing ever, that's why it's taking so long. Not because it's using a new animation style, or hiring celebrities, or using a better score for the soundtrack.

Fuck me you're an idiot.
>>
>>28095222
Consider the fact that /mlp/ has had a massive slowdown in traffic over the last couple years. People like to meme 'why are you here?' but I wonder if they've stopped to consider that a lot of the people who had a problem with the show actually stopped watching it.

Personally, I don't see the point in bitching about things like EqG because the people who do enjoy it aren't going to stop enjoying it. At this point in time, they know why the series is shit. If they keep watching, there's obviously something there holding them.
>>
>>28097764
/mlp/ has slowed in traffic because the ride did end with some people as much as /mlp/ would like to shitpost you're here forever.

People get bored, and aren't going to stay in a pony board forever.
>>
File: ef4.jpg (102KB, 522x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ef4.jpg
102KB, 522x1024px
>>28095891
You are either a girl, a faggot or bait, whatever the case you should consider suicide.
>>
>>28097705
>I'm sorry a movie with a limited runtime can't go over all the character development a whole season of a show.

You're right. 90 minutes is too small a timeframe to include the level of development that we see in FiM. But there have been three movies, and not one moment of development for any character not named sunset shimmer. It's one thing to play the 'too short gotta go with one note characters and focus on the protagonist' thing for a single movie. But for a series of movies it ceases to be a valid excuse.

>Unless you can find me evidence that the EQG characters differ noticeable from their pony counterparts

I assume you mean their current pony counterparts. If you do mean this, then you've made a horrible misstep, because some of the differences are absurdly obvious to point out.

Let's start with Rainbow Dash, since she's one of the best examples of character development in FiM. Rainbow Dash in the show has come a long way since season 1. Contrast her very first scene in the show, in which she smashes into Twilight, ruins her mane, and then laughs at her, with their most recent scene together in Stranger than Fan Fiction. Rainbow starts talking about how great the convention she's going to will be, notices that it's upsetting Twilight, and immediately reigns her enthusiasm in tries to cheer Twilight up. Those two moments take barely a minute and a half of combined screentime, but convey significant long run character growth.

Now I'll admit I never watched any of the EQG movies a second time, so if you can come up with an example I'll defer to you, but EQG Dash to my recollection behaves like FiM Rainbow circa S1 E1, and doesn't significantly modify her behavior during either Rainbow Rocks or Friendship Games.

>you'll have to keep looking like a butthurt retard, I guess.

Why is the "I guess" even there? Written insults need to made with conviction. The qualifier just makes you look weak, you incestuous pigfucking shiteater.
>>
>>28095222
>This is the most tolerant of Equestria Girls this board has ever been.

Yeah I've recently noticed that too and I'm quite happy about it.
>>
>>28097408
But... If it's not pony, why is it still called My Little Pony?
>>
>>28098037
it's part of the same franchise
>>
>>28098044
THEN WHAT'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM?
>>
This is also the most tolerant of Twilicorn this board has ever been.

That doesn't make it any better.
>>
>>28098057
It's called pony, but it is not about ponies, moron. Give a name to a turd, it's still a turd.
>>
>>28098141
I think you're also implying it's garbage along with being latched on.

That is incorrect. It's just latched on, not shit.
>>
since there is no edit thread yet, I'm putting it here.

Made in Inkscape and GIMP.
>>
File: 1469693377854.png (301KB, 543x555px) Image search: [Google]
1469693377854.png
301KB, 543x555px
>>28098186
>It's just latched on, not shit.
>>
>>28098213
Link to uncensored version?
>>
>>28098213
Rainbow Dash, the ultimate panty-raider
>>
>>28098213
forgot the link
https://derpibooru.org/1219502
>>
File: 1463321982673.png (159KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
1463321982673.png
159KB, 289x289px
>>28098213
>>28098236
Fucking lel. And unf. Toppest combo.
>>
>>28098213
>>28098236
Is it possible to export a full-color webm of this?
>>
>>28098250
Or alternatively just export the individual frames and stick them in one of the online webm-converters.
>>
File: unf.png (313KB, 559x390px) Image search: [Google]
unf.png
313KB, 559x390px
>>28098213
>>28098236
top unf

You should post it here too: >>28089723
>>
File: unf.jpg (119KB, 829x720px) Image search: [Google]
unf.jpg
119KB, 829x720px
>>28098213
>>28098236
>>
>>28095222
I hated it at first but I'm in full Stockholm Syndrome by now.
>>
>>28098419
All the fun stuff /mlp/ has done with the characters - the edit threads, greentext stories, etc. - has really taken it from a series of mediocre movies to something fun and memorable.
>>
File: 1460675489515.png (489KB, 658x676px) Image search: [Google]
1460675489515.png
489KB, 658x676px
>>28095222
Here's that reply you wanted, cancer.
>>
>>28098499
he's not blushing
>>
File: doesn't care either master race.png (415KB, 878x1002px) Image search: [Google]
doesn't care either master race.png
415KB, 878x1002px
>>28095430
>>
>>28098942
>dumb frogposter bumps a shit thread
it's like pottery
>>
>>28098959
>not: it's like diapers in fog
>>
>>28098959
You people declare far too many of my threads shit.
>>
>>28099074
Maybe don't be so fucking shit then, fucking piece of shit faggot shit fuck.
>>
>>28099096
I don't think my threads are that bad.

Seems like you're the shitter.
>>
i want to hug them
>>
>>28099074
Because you're a dumb frogposter
>>
>>28099207
I'm the OP, >>28098942 has nothing to do with me.
>>
The behavior of EqGfags is terrible. Tons of them want to do nothing but antagonize people who don't like it.
>>
>>28099482
I haven't seen any of that.
>>
>>28099482
Seems kind of deserved if all the fans of the fandom fags keep antagonizing the show watchers.
>>
>>28096059
>Madremonte
Hello Gaia Everfree inspiration.
Or maybe not, who knows?
>>
>>28099508
>shitting on EQG means you're a fan of the fandom
wew lad
>>
>>28099562
Apples and oranges. It's just a correlation.
>>
>>28099630
That's some pretty shit delusion you got there then
>>
>>28099644
How do you want to deal with the Equestria Girls problem then? We can't send it to /co/.
>>
>>28099650
It belongs here, we just don't need it to take up a majority of the board because with less content it doesn't need it.
>>
>>28099676
That's not a shitpost answer, try again.
>>
File: Appleshimmer AH96.png (716KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Appleshimmer AH96.png
716KB, 1280x720px
>>28098213
Keep em coming Synfag

By the way whatever happened to the Lingerie and Nude Threads? Were they banned by Scruffy or what?
>>
>>28100034
not him, but it was to do with no new screen caps, but with these previews, I think we could get a new thread up to tide us over until the movie
there are SO many great caps that need lingerie and nude edits, it makes me so hard I can feel my heart beat in my dick
>>
>>28100034
>By the way whatever happened to the Lingerie and Nude Threads? Were they banned by Scruffy or what?
Nope. They're just on hiatus because of lack of screenshots to edit.
I was the OP of the last one (I believe), and the reason I didn't create another after it died was because there was very little editing activity and a lot of shitposting. (by some assmad guy who wanted clothed pony edits, I suspect)
I figured it was just as well to give it a break until LoE came out. I guess others were thinking the same, since nobody else created a new one.
>>
File: thicc sus ts.png (177KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
thicc sus ts.png
177KB, 500x500px
>>28100101
The penis on my heart is erect too senpai
>>
>>28100101
>it was to do with no new screen caps
Plenty of screecaps and requests.

The problem was and always has been not enough editors. The threads run out of steam after 4 to 5 in a row, then go on a hiatus for about 4 to 5 months, usually picking back up when new shorts or a new movie comes along.
>>
>>28096307
>shills
Holy shit, I wish /mlp/ had shills. People barely talk about the series, movies, comics, toys. Fucking anything thats official. Threads like this are welcome sight here. I have no fucking interest going into threads like #COID: TriggerPussy #448, so I'm actually happy seeing threads that are just screenshots with bait opinions.
>>
>>28100330
t. HIDF
>>
>>28100181
twilight's shorts are so goddamn tight
>>
File: sus + ponka.png (189KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
sus + ponka.png
189KB, 460x460px
>>28100387
I bet he animators are having the time of their lives
>>
>>28100713
It must be hard to animate with only one hand.
>>
File: midight sparkle is back bitches.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
midight sparkle is back bitches.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>28100740
Quite.
>>
File: adagio bikini.jpg (11KB, 160x210px) Image search: [Google]
adagio bikini.jpg
11KB, 160x210px
>>28096059
Xana=Exquisite female water nymps that hypnotize with their voices

Moving to Spain

Vamó a España
>>
>>28101021
Do you have a non thumbnail version of this picture?
>>
>>28100181
>>28100713
>>28100898
lewd
>>
>>28101158
Not that anon, but a bit of reverse image searching can go a long way.
>>
File: 1451880884668.png (100KB, 257x216px) Image search: [Google]
1451880884668.png
100KB, 257x216px
>>28101188
Sorry for being a pleb, and thanks.
>>
File: twilight covering her lips.png (375KB, 393x707px) Image search: [Google]
twilight covering her lips.png
375KB, 393x707px
>>28100387
So tight she has to cover her girl parts, the thin fabric presses hard against her sensitive folds

>tfw this thread turned into a eqg lewd thread
>>
File: simply divine.png (346KB, 1014x2955px) Image search: [Google]
simply divine.png
346KB, 1014x2955px
I can't get over how fucking fabulous Rarity looks in this movie, she's so fucking unf inducing I almost don't even care about the others.
>>
File: capture-gloriosa.png (1MB, 1366x727px) Image search: [Google]
capture-gloriosa.png
1MB, 1366x727px
>>28101355
You mean, just like the 99% of threads in /mlp/?

Also, these two are brother and sister and I haven't found incest porn of them yet
>>
File: rarity and chill.jpg (86KB, 767x767px) Image search: [Google]
rarity and chill.jpg
86KB, 767x767px
>>28101382
This
>>
>>28101416
well, i don't like gloriosa's design, to be honest. but i'm sure the timber guy will be a popular character for porn
>>
>>28101455
I'd fuck him rather than his sister
>>
>>28101416
>I haven't found incest porn of them yet
Yeah, that's a shame. Hopefully that will change when the movie comes out.
>>
File: timberflash.jpg (172KB, 1600x1163px) Image search: [Google]
timberflash.jpg
172KB, 1600x1163px
>>28101469
I'm sickened but curious
>>
>>28101502
>>28101488
Id rather fap to good gay porn like this than Incest porn with that fugly slut
>>
>>28101455
>>28101513

I think she's cute.
>>
>>28101513
Yeah, yeah, we get it.
You don't like her.

>>28101521
Me too.
>>
>>28101521
>>28101530
The lipstick, skin and hair color, her voice. It's all just ugly. I know shes gonna be the villain.
>>
>>28101542
>The lipstick, skin and hair color, her voice. It's all just ugly.
I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

>I know shes gonna be the villain.
That's entirely possible.
Something's up with her at least.
>>
>>28101542
dem eyebrows tho
>>
>>28101416
>these two are brother and sister
ah, so they're gonna fuse together and become that creature of the everfree forest they're looking for as the final villain (the one that has the long green hair in the preview)
neat
>>
File: going_in_which_hole.png (1MB, 2300x1139px) Image search: [Google]
going_in_which_hole.png
1MB, 2300x1139px
>>28100898
>>
>>28103628
can someone else continue this?
>>
File: Incoming hug, brace for impact.gif (2MB, 642x360px) Image search: [Google]
Incoming hug, brace for impact.gif
2MB, 642x360px
>>28101382
>Only just recognizing this
She is also the cutest
>>
>>28104864
I think we're done for a while. Those spoilers daddy gave us fueled this but we've had our fun until we either get another video or the movie is released on Oct 1st
>>
File: 1449984972442.jpg (299KB, 1111x426px) Image search: [Google]
1449984972442.jpg
299KB, 1111x426px
>>28098959
You realize people will continue to post this image until you Nohoovesfags shut the fuck up about human posts?
>>
File: POTTERY.png (223KB, 720x627px) Image search: [Google]
POTTERY.png
223KB, 720x627px
>>28095222
>>
>>28104902
^ This desu
>>
>>28104911
221 to 36
I like those numbers. Shows how endangered >nohoovesfags are. I can't wait till EG 4 comes out and this becomes unofficial /egq/ for a bit when this board gets flooded.
>>
>>28103628
it would be funnier if the scilight's arm partially covered the censor bar
>>
>>28104943
A significant portion of this thread is people talking about how they dislike EqG.
>>
>>28105599
And vis versa for the other thread
>>
>>28105608
That means there's more people complaining about EQG than defending it
>>
File: Ladybug.jpg (438KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ladybug.jpg
438KB, 1280x720px
>>28104911
It's an acquired taste, like Ladybug
>>
>>28106901
She looks like a cutie.
>>
File: where it belongs.jpg (142KB, 878x900px) Image search: [Google]
where it belongs.jpg
142KB, 878x900px
>>28104902
Not letting them win.
>>
>>28107939
This is a battle?
>>
>>28095222
This is not something to be proud of.
>>
>>28095222
I noticed too, pretty happy about it.
Just proves that friendship is magic and will win in the end.
>>
>>28095222
did u see rainbow dash shoes
>>
File: >muh hooves.png (419KB, 686x1214px) Image search: [Google]
>muh hooves.png
419KB, 686x1214px
>this thread
>>
>>28107946
I'm not, I'm just stating a fact, you uptight simpleton.
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.