[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there more than two dimensions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

Are there more than two dimensions?
>>
File: 65238465826952.png (135KB, 1280x1003px) Image search: [Google]
65238465826952.png
135KB, 1280x1003px
>>28093925
I'm not sure what game you're playing at OP, if you're roleplaying and meant two in terms of MLP but we experience a third dimension while living in a fourth dimension.

Plus most theories strongly suggest multiple higher dimensions.

Have this if you want to learn more on higher dimensions.
http://nyx-contacts.tumblr.com/post/29357393626/intro-part-2
>>
>>28093925
Do you even read the comics?
>>
Only one in the show, but there might be several in EG
>>
>>28093925
>Are there more than two dimensions?

>>28093950
>Only one in the show

DYEWTS?
>>
File: 1448805452878.png (272KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1448805452878.png
272KB, 2000x2000px
>>28093925
didn't you see the season 5 finale?
every universe is just the result of different timelines.
>>
File: otherdimensions.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
otherdimensions.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>28094114
Forgot pic.
>>
Length. Width. Depth. So yeah, I'd say so.
>>
>>28094117
>If someone changes the past it has no effect on your own dimension unless you attempt to stop them

I had never thought of it like that. It really clears up many problems I had with time travel and such.

All I can think of, is if it's possible to enter someone elses dimension, than that is proof that your own dimension isn't safe. The exact same thing could happen with someone invading your own, yet from your own perspective it would almost appear "normal" due to not knowing the alternative realities. This would appear to be our time"line".

Also, we go through time (fourth dimension) yet experience it as a third dimension.

If the theory holds correct, if you were a fifth dimensional being, you could travel forward and backward in time in the same way that we can move up, down, left, right, forward and backward in our third dimension.
>>
>>28094117
and the reason why the equestria girls universe is so different is because the timeline split when evolution favored humans rather than equines. though the probability of the two worlds containing alternate forms of the same personalities is infinitesimal, perhaps these similarities are what ties these two worlds close enough together to travel between.
>>
>>28093925
If you buy into the multiverse theory, yes. If EQG Equestria is indeed an alternate universe and not actually another planet an inconceivable distance away, then it would no longer be a theory.

I can't see why, if it is possible to enter an entirely different universe in EQG, that those would be the only two in existence. If our universe expands outward infinitely, then why can't the multiverse?
>>
PHYSICS
>>
>>28094235
>If EQG Equestria is indeed an alternate universe and not actually another planet an inconceivable distance away

That would be really fucking weird considering magic didn't exist in their realm until Sunset brought it there.

Honestly that would raise far more questions than just assuming it's a different reality.
>>
>>28094440
If the new LoE villian doesn't end up being from Equestria than it may mean that magic was the norm in the past. If Gaia can manipulate Equestria magic than its even more telling
>>
>>28094506
Holy fucking shit how am I so fucking slow?

Back when I used to roleplay we had one character called Gaia, I could never properly think of what she would look like, I might not roleplay now but now I can finally imagine what a pony version of her would be like.

More accurately when people ponify that villain.
>>
>>28094506
That would be some top-tier storytelling and world building but I can't expect that from this franchise, even if EQG has been better about it than FiM.
>>
>>28093925
It'd be pretty cool if G1 was revealed to be another dimension.
>>
File: image.jpg (267KB, 1242x1982px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267KB, 1242x1982px
>>28093925
Wth is that on rarity's forehead?
>>
File: image.jpg (219KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 900x1200px
>>28094117
I like this timeline better tbqh, even though it looks shitty and autistic in a "draw sanic on mspaint" way.
>>
>>28093925
No, just the two.
>>
>>28094184
>If the theory holds correct, if you were a fifth dimensional being, you could travel forward and backward in time in the same way that we can move up, down, left, right, forward and backward in our third dimension.

I have postulated something similar.

Basically whatever dimension you exist in, that's as far as you can perceive. We exist at the highest dimension of time, so we're stuck in it because it's out our hands and any further dimensions are completely incomprehensible. However something that exists in a dimension that goes beyond time can also perceive it and thus move through it just as we are able to fully perceive the third dimension.
>>
>>28096121
a horn
>>
There are two more, 3D and live action
>>
File: XS5LK[1].gif (883KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
XS5LK[1].gif
883KB, 500x269px
>>28097044
>>
I wish someone makes MLP:Anon in Equestria and put anon in regular MLP episodes. Green is fine
>>
>>28093945
Interesting.

I prefer to think of it like this: There are only four dimensions, X Y Z, and the probability web.

Every single possible arrangement of particles already exists. A quintillion quintillion quintillion to the power of a googolplex worlds are out there that are basically identical.

The passage of time is simply travel between these frames. Each time a quantum phenomenon is called upon to occur, such as the decay of an isotope, we move to another frame. One planck time passes.

Each frame is part of an intricate web connecting them all, and each has a chance to be connected to another. Each has an equal chance to be "Chosen", but due to the amount of coincidence needed for a quantum event to significantly affect the human scale world, the effects of this are never visible.

This means that, theoretically, every possible universe exists (Yes, even the MLP world), though they are impossible to actually go to, exist in every possible variant, and may not actually exist for more than a split second before everything breaks down. Also consider that there are infinitely more universes that are a myriad myriad myriads of variations of "Plasma soup".

There is no cause and effect, only constant conjunction. Similarly, entropy only occurs because it is the most likely to. In theory, a room full of air particles could sort themselves into hot and cold. It is just so insanely unlikely it is not worth considering.
>>
>>28097072
No
>>
>>28097077
There is just as much supporting evidence as Nyx's explanation.

None at all.

Besides, so much is wrong with that, too. What is a "Choice"? If everything is nondeterministic then why does cause affect my choices just as it does a falling apple? Even if I choose to take an irrational decision it is only because of my conscious choice based on earlier causes (ie, being told I take actions based on causes).

Besides that, what is a "Phase space"? What exists there? We can't just gloss over it, much like the third dimension isn't just a phase space for 2D objects.

What's more, there seems to be no real way to detatching oneself from the dimensional web, much like a 2D man cannot push himself into the third dimension and phase into his friend Bob's house that way.

Everything here is the realm of philosophy, or possibly theology.
>>
>>28097100
2D, 3D and live action are the only dimensions,why? Because that is the only way they can fucking exist in this God forsaken world
>>
>>28097110
Well, I guess that's your opinion. In this case, nobody is really more valid, it's all pure conjecture.
>>
>>28097127
I'm going to rape you with a rust covered spork straight I to your ass
>>
File: 1469507235572.gif (2MB, 400x197px) Image search: [Google]
1469507235572.gif
2MB, 400x197px
>>28097138
0/10, shit bait desu
>>
>>28093945
smart nyxposter
>>
File: ..gif (335KB, 602x471px) Image search: [Google]
..gif
335KB, 602x471px
>>28093925
>people using "dimension" as a synonym for "parallel universe"
>>
>>28097227
Who can say what's on the other side of a black hole, it could be anything.
>>
>>28097227
This guy gets it
>>
File: ..jpg (144KB, 400x473px) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
144KB, 400x473px
>>28093945
This is even worse you fucking nyxposter, because you're MIXING these words. Only string theory suggests multiple SPATIAL dimensions that are compactified to nanoscales. Thus, they are in OUR universe. Well, M-theory suggests multiple universes. Each has, like, 12 dimensions.
>>28097259
Trolling or retarded,
>>
>>28097259
There is nothing on the """Other side""" it's an ultra dense point in space

It does prove the existence of not only infinity but of smaller and larger infinities however, so that's good (Despite all blacks holes being the same size of zero, some are heavier due to third law of thermodynamics shenannigans)
>>
>>28097288
Well the common theory is the singularity creates two points in space time converging around it.

I should have said "wormhole".
>>
>>28097295
Well, time = space and high gravity does cause time dilation

Travel through wormholes is HIGHLY theoretical. Much of what we would need has never been observed before.
>>
File: 1310497258732.jpg (6KB, 251x238px) Image search: [Google]
1310497258732.jpg
6KB, 251x238px
>the physics students crawl out of the woodworks
I have no idea what some of you are talking about, but it's actually pretty interesting.
>>
>>28097282
"my complicated theory on something humanity will never achieve is better than your theory!"
>>
>>28097335
I never studied theoretical physics, I just have a naive knowledge of how celestial phenomena work combined with a little curiosity and a project I did when I was in 7th grade.
>>
None of this matters, we all are here for candy colored horses nothing more nothing less
>>
>>28097288
There are models of black holes based on string theory(one of) that rule out singularities. Just a string ball of a Schwarzschild radius, basically. All this is still in infancy though.
>>28097295
Wormholes require negative energy. Good luck with that.
>>28097339
Trolling it is then.
>>
>>28097376
so you're confirming that everything you've said up to this point was satire? Called it. It was flawed anyway.
>>
File: 6128496124.png (466KB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6128496124.png
466KB, 853x1024px
>>28097376
Just say event horizon. I doubt anyone here knows what a Schwarzchild radius is.
>>
>>28097406
"ball the size of event horizon" would sound rather conflicting, don't you think. Like, the ball size of itself. In favor of this theory was the same resulting value of entropy of the black hole.
>>
>>28097422
I fucked yo mama's black hole
>>
...Y'know, since information can't be transferred out of the event horizon, wouldn't that open the window for a bunch of shit impossible because we aren't allowes to transmit data faster than light
>>
>>28094114
>>28094121
his need to say "EQG is not canon" over-rid any knowledge of the show having proof of multiple dimensions
>>
File: 12 hours.png (258KB, 540x443px) Image search: [Google]
12 hours.png
258KB, 540x443px
>>28097227
Perhaps they only measure in QPUs, rather than PUs.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.