[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think the show has done any decent reformation arc on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: TheReformation.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TheReformation.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Do you think the show has done any decent reformation arc on characters like Luna, Discord, or Glim Glam?

Do you think they're too quick to reform characters?
>>
>luna, discord
>backstory
we can only dream senpai

>glim
meh, they did an ok job i guess
>>
File: 1463618669298.png (241KB, 714x418px) Image search: [Google]
1463618669298.png
241KB, 714x418px
There was a kind of logic to Discord's "reform", in that he's a force of chaos and not really evil, especially if you accept the idea that he was going along with it for his own amusement.

Glim Glam, not so much. Her first appearance paints her as a stone-cold sociopath (or as close as you can get to one in a children's cartoon). And then we find out she had a sad experience as a child... so what? How does that excuse all the people she hurt? At the very least they could have hit her with their Rainbow Beam to explain why her personality did a 180.
>>
Discord's reform was wonderful when you consider he wasn't fully there at the end of KCAFO. Granted his initial side swap was very rushed. They needed to include a scene or two where Discord really begins to see the value in having Fluttershy as a friends to make his choice at the end have more merit where he chooses her over doing his own thing.
But S4 did a fantastic job of showing his progression throughout the season. The finale was just as much his as it was Twilight's and he gave quite a heartwarming and well-earned speech after his friendship epiphany.

And on a happy related note it appears the twilight-will-lose-her-wings-and-discord-will-return-to-evil faggot is finally dead as I haven't seen him shitposting here in forever. I hope his autism finally killed him.
>inb4 someone pretends to be him
You can't fake autism of his magnitude.
>>
>>28074654
Twilight Sparkle will lose her alicorn status in the movie.

And Season 4 is still the worst season ever!
>>
>>28073823
>At the very least they could have hit her with their Rainbow Beam to explain why her personality did a 180
Her personality did a 180 because she completely lost her sense of identity and her motivation. Glimglam 100% got her way. She took shit as far as she could possibly take it and no one could stop her.... and the result was a complete dead end. There's nothing left for her to achieve within her old personality. She drove it straight into the wall.

So she's just being a subby little slave to the personalities of others until she gets her life figured out again. It's one thing when some asshole is too dumb to live, but Glim is too dumb for the World to live. She has no choice but to give other people total control of her life.
>>
>>28074726
I'm not feeling it Anon. Your grammar is still leagues above his.
>>
>>28074765
The 2017 movie will be a box office bomb like 30 years ago.
>>
>>28073731
Discord's initial reformation episode was pretty weak, but improved during season 4.

I think the best reformation an antagonist on the show has had was Gilda's, since it wasn't instantly effective and it was based on parts of her character that had existed since season 1.
>>
>>28075225
I agree. Gilda was never act that bad. I wish Hasbro will never ever reform Trixie, Discord, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon and made Flash Sentry a bad guy in the EG.
>>
File: 1454098740439.png (62KB, 238x260px) Image search: [Google]
1454098740439.png
62KB, 238x260px
>>28074654
Give it time, anon. Autism like his never dies, it only slumbers.

>>28075225
It took them five years but Gildas reformation was pretty satisfactory for just one episode. They better bring her back sometime this season.

>>28074764
Come on anon, there has got to be a middle ground they could have picked for Starlight. They can't just choose to forget what made Glimmer Glimmer.
>>
>>28073731
Nope
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.