[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all finally come together, in a moment of honest self

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: hqdefault (1).jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Can we all finally come together, in a moment of honest self reflection, and admit to ourselves that when we get angry about the show failing to meet our expectations we're just being giant, pompous douchebags? I loved this episode, but it was difficult to watch because of how accurately it portrayed the idiots I see criticizing the staff on Twitter day in and day out. I even recognized the cancer within myself. That episode was a brutal mirror.
>>
>>28059821
I also loved this episode, but I'm not a dashfag
>>
>>28059821
I bet you like the comics, faggot
>>
>>28059821
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GET THE HELL OUT YOU FUCKING HASDRONE

Everyone who fails to see the show as anything but an obnoxious, pathetic, parodic attempt at grabbing every retard's attention is the biggest douchebag in the world. The most autistic, uncaring, disgusting pile of unaborted fetus who thinks drowning puppies in the river is fun and cute.

You disgust meeeeeeeeee. Go to Hell and stay there.
>>
File: where.png (651KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
where.png
651KB, 1067x800px
>>28059821
>discussing the episode
>>
>>28059821
I've been in a lot of anime conventions and I don't think I've heard people discuss their favorite shows with a passion.
>>
File: [PMB makes an episode thread].gif (860KB, 510x328px) Image search: [Google]
[PMB makes an episode thread].gif
860KB, 510x328px
>>28059821

I don't think it's specifically a stab at the fans who have ridiculous expectations, but rather them using the "comic book nerd who overanalyzes everything and has impossible standards" trope, which applies to not just the MLP fandom, but virtually every other work that has dedicated fans.

I like that they didn't outright made the Quibble character a moron, and even show he has an impressive knowledge and understanding of storytelling, but I still think the episode was at its heart a cheap copout dealing with criticism that the show has gone downhill and in a different direction than what made it popular in the first place.

The convention weirdness was pretty funny, though.
>>
>>28059821
Huh. I didn't even notice that the anime ponies put in another appearance this episode.
>>
>>28059844
I know, right? Everything that could be said has been said after four days. That's why I've been in My Massive Pony since Sunday.

>>28059856
It looked exactly like the conventions I've been to.
>>
>>28059871
>he has an impressive knowledge and understanding of storytelling
Anon, you are Quibble. The episode was a joke at your expense specifically. How are you this oblivious?
>>
>>28059881

Me specifically? That's awesome. Why isn't my name in the credits?
>>
>>28059876
American conventions?
>>
>>28059821
What are you talking about?
The episode's moral was, who need to care about what other fans think when writers think every fans are equally pathetic.
>>
>>28059821
Is it really so much cancer on twitter? I do not use it cause it reeks with normalfaggotry and attention whoring.
>>
>>28059821
>That episode was a brutal turd
ftfy
>>
>>28059910
Fans ARE pathetic. This self awareness is my salvation.

>>28059919
Look up Murrison some time.
>>
>>28059919
Twitter, like all social media platforms, is a reeking pit of mundanity, inanity, and awkwardness. You do well to avoid it.
>>
>>28059940
Well, if that self awareness is helping you that's great, but you know it's okay to feel or say "this is bad" right?
like how Rarity treated that gourmet pony in Spice Up Your Life by stating "your work is horrible"
>>
>>28060066
Rarity was in a position to help the gourmet pony. You're not in a position to help the writers.
>>
>>28060076
When I said gourmet pony I was talking about the pony evaluating the restaurants, not the ponies working in the restaurant.
>>
>>28059942
Hey, you forgot mob mentality and virtual signaling, those are the best parts
>>
>>28060076
When I said gourmet pony, I was talking about the pony evaluating the restaurants, not the ponies working in the restaurants.
>>
>>28060160
sorry about this duplicate post
>>
>>28059871
>show has gone downhill
Well that criticism is outright stupid, the nadir of the show was season 3.

>show going in a different direction
That was true for season 4 and season 5, to be sure. But this season the show has lately reverted to its roots, with the small modification that the writing is done more in the Disney-Pixar style of having a two-tiered story that will impart a basic lesson for kids, like 'you can be friends with someone even if you passionately disagree about something' and a meta lesson for the adults, like 'look, all of you can agree that you like this show. You don't agree on why, on which character is your favorite, or on anything else, really, but there's no reason you can't all get along.'

That formula has delivered high quality episodes at a frequency that nobody expected. This was supposed to be the bitter end, the sad spiral of a show past its prime. Instead it's the dawn of a bright future.
>>
File: rd1436973759230.png (926KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rd1436973759230.png
926KB, 1280x720px
>>28060169
This.
>>
>>28059939
t. Quibble Pants
>>
>>28059821
>Cum together
>>
>>28059821
No. You're shit, the shows shit, the writers are shit and Faust is the only one who liked the show because I'm a man child that lives in my parents basement and can't handle any change.
>>
>>28059821
No. Quit eating shit, faggot.
>>
File: one shilling.jpg (195KB, 667x665px) Image search: [Google]
one shilling.jpg
195KB, 667x665px
>>28059821
>>
>>28061820
Well done
>le ebin muh change meem
>>
>>28061820
fuck off shill
>>
>>28061831
>Enjoying the show after season 3 must mean I'm a shill
Your mom has forsaken you
>>
RED SUN
>>
Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when /mlp/ identified with the fedora wearing, nitpicking brony crowd and get flank flustered over said crowd getting bantered.
>>
>>28059821
it wasn't about US specifically, you fucking twit
EVERY fandom has their own Quibble Pants
anyone who's ever gone to more than one convention/meet up would know this
>>
>>28062122
Nice damage control, writer.
>Deny everything, the stupid horsefuckers will fall for it, trust me I am a dolphin
>>
>>28062122
>the /mlp/ staff didn't write an episode about impossible fans with their own fans in mind
>a series where some fans hate everything after a certain early period and people worship a creator who "never goes to cons anymore until recently"
>pure coincidence
What is it like being this naive?
>>
>>28059821
I finally got to watch this episode today. And I fucking love it. This while I recently said I was having a hard time getting to watch the show again (and frankly I don't think it's going to be really easy to recapture the magic feeling again).

But this episode was amazingly self aware and Quibble was a fun new character too.

I'd give it 9.5/10
>>
>>28062152
I'm not damage controlling, you people read way too much into the show
>>28062161
never been in any other fandom, have you?
>>
>>28062227
The fact that the humor can apply to fandoms generally doesn't preclude the possibility that the writers were poking fun at a specific fandom, namely theirs.
>>
>>28062227
>N-no it is totally impossible that they were making fun of you, I swear
Not even your aunt would believe those lies, Not Big Jim.
>>
you people are way too full of yourselves
>>
File: damage_control.jpg (30KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
damage_control.jpg
30KB, 250x375px
>>28062353
>Doesn't work
>QUICK DAMAGE CONTROL DAMAGE CONTROOOOOOLLLLL
>>
>>28062353
>implying it's you
Tripcode and a Tweet about it or you get no (you)s from here on out.

On the very tiny offchance that it is the episode could easily be interpreted as being about the MLP fandom, especially with the focus some people have on MMC. Though it's obviously got a message about fandom in general as well.
>>
>>28062812
It IS about the MLP fandom.
It ISN'T Jim.
>>
If some of the users here were to look at themselves, they would retreat even further into their fetish fantasy threads.
>>
>>28063192
No, looking into oneself is the way out of the fetish threads.
>>
>>28059821
I can't wait to see what they do next year after this episode. It blew Slice of Life right out.
>>
>>28059821
Go home, Big Jim.
>>
>>28065028
It's the dark side of Slice of Life.
>>
>>28059940
wow, you truly are beyond help. Have you no dignity or love for yourself? Get some self-respect and grow a spine, faggot
>>
File: website ponies see daki.jpg (227KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
website ponies see daki.jpg
227KB, 1600x900px
>>28065028
For real? I don't think this image will never not make me laugh. Everything from the situation, the image on the body pillow to their expressions is just perfect.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.