[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heres Princess Celestia!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (753KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
753KB, 1920x1080px
Heres Princess Celestia!
>>
>>28053990
Who?
>>
File: hello, faggot police.jpg (244KB, 761x738px) Image search: [Google]
hello, faggot police.jpg
244KB, 761x738px
>>28053990
Wow, ur so leejun xd.
>>
What are you doing here? We need you at Sunny-D's factory
>>
>>28053990
Anyone else feel like Celestia's presence in the show has become awkward?

The only times she speaks nowadays is when she's giving the backstory to whatever new threat or mystical object has come up. (You'd think she would divulge a lot of the information she has to Twilight before the threats come up.) She's only there for exposition; otherwise, she just kind of silently stands there next to Luna. Even Luna's got her whole dreamwalking thing going on.
>>
File: image.gif (459KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
459KB, 960x720px
>>28055805
>implying is not on that's all the freaking series
She is basically a glorified background pony
>>
>>28055839
>implying is not on that's all the freaking series
Uh
>>
>>28054004
fpbp
>>
>>28055913
Sorry I wrote wrong, I want say
>implying isn't in that way all the fucking serie
Sorry
>>
File: 1462124412214.png (680KB, 919x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1462124412214.png
680KB, 919x1150px
Ere she comes
>>
>>28055805
The problem is she's got competent leader syndrome and the current writing team does not know how to do subtlety. Hear me out on this:

Aside from her relationship to Luna, Celestia's most basic characterization is "that pony who ran the nation for a thousand years, Twilight's teacher, really old alicorn that's good at magic."

Now, way back in S1/S2 there were a couple factors mitigating this. The first was that the writing team was really good at subtly suggesting stuff - like implying that Celestia often manipulates events to get the outcome she desires (i.e., ticket master, setting Discord's defeat in motion by bombarding Twilight with friendship letters to remind her, etc) or hinting at the often-joking, fun-loving personality hiding beneath the surface. They were writing new character points as they went, without blatantly shoving it in your face. The second mitigating factor was that the M6 were often solving their own problems, which let Celestia play her part without overrunning their entire role in the episode.

Now the current situation. First of all, the M6 are solving other ponies' problems a lot of the time now, and so Celestia contributing the solution can be seen as her 'stealing thunder' from the M6. Second, the current writing team really doesn't seem to be able to see past her most simplistic characterization.

End result, competent leader syndrome: She cannot appear and take competent action, but cannot appear and be incompetent because the story says she is very capable. Writers can't figure out how to include her as a character who doesn't solve a problem. Thus, she's relegated to a non-acting role, or walking exposition at most.

Fucking sucks, let me tell you.
>>
>>28056469

What a nice post. Thanks for concisely state your point with facts and proof to back you up. We need more posters like you.
>>
>>28053990
Welp, yer not wrong.
>>
>>28056469
>but cannot appear and be incompetent because the story says she is very capable.
And yet they make her incompetent when it comes to almost every boss fight. Even vines defeated her.
>>
File: 1408791370922.png (326KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1408791370922.png
326KB, 1280x720px
>>28053990
Heres a flutter
>>
>>28057454
>Here's a redditor
Fixed it for you, kid.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.