[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This season so far is dissapointing as S3 to be quite honest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: thatfeelwhennogf.webm (3MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
thatfeelwhennogf.webm
3MB, 1136x640px
This season so far is dissapointing as S3 to be quite honest
>>
>>28014935

not as much of a disappointment as you are to your folks
>>
>>28014935
I think it's pretty good so far. No Top Tier episode yet, but also no Shit Tier (>inb4 Saddle Row Review is 10/10 and AJ's Day Off is 0/10).
>>
File: 1466310259798.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1466310259798.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>28014935
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>28014939
Now you told me
heres a random meme as gift for your reply
>>
File: 1.png (47KB, 220x272px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
47KB, 220x272px
s3 was much better than s6
>>
>>28014946
Even S3 had good episodes like Keep Calm and Flutter on or Just for Sidekicks. It's on the same level as S6 so far with same amount of episodes.
>>
I liked it.
Sorry you can't enjoy things op.
>>
File: 1440207172692.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1440207172692.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>28014935
>watching the show after S1
>watching my little pony in 2016
>>
>>28014965
S4 was the best season
>>
>>28014957
Sure, didn't mean that s3 was a bad season. Magic Duel was fantastic. Don't know about KCaFo and JfS though. The former was a bad idea executed reasonably well, the other one was only decent of Spike episode standards. Just imho, naturally.
>>
File: 1455621915893.jpg (246KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1455621915893.jpg
246KB, 1280x1080px
>>28014972
>>
>>28014972
T. Shiteater
>>
>>28014972
Oh, Hell No! Season 4 is the worst season ever! Season 1 is the best season ever!
>>
>>28015089
>>28014972 #
>Oh, Hell No! Season 3 is the worst season ever! Season 5 is the best season ever!
Fixd
>>
>>28015105
No way, Jose! Twilicorn is still racist! There's my season rating.

S1 > S2 > S5 > S3 > S6 > S4
>>
There are some gems here and there, but the first half has been a little weak so far.

The next half looks exciting as hell, though.
>>
>>28014935
>not liking Baby Princess Plot Device McFlurry
>not liking The Cringe Season: The Cringening
>not looking forward to the long awaited MMDW 2.0
wew lad
>>
>>28014935
>not loving everything
Get off /mlp/ newfag
>>
>>28015268
>loving shit
>>
Not really...there have been good episodes

In fact S3 had good episodes too...and it was an extremely short season, people overblow how "bad" it is because they've all been told it was bad and are lemmings, and because of Twilicorn
>>
>>28014935
I think I enjoyed season 3 more than this. To start things with saying the crusaders have all this new room for development, opening a few plot points while giving no closure, then basically removing them from the show for a few months is stupid. The abrupt, unclear ending of On Your Marks is really souring this whole thing. I know most people don't care about what happens to the CMC, but to me, they're important enough that leaving things like that isn't okay.
>>
Haven't actually seen season 6 yet, other than the intro, but season 3 is my least favorite season. Sure, I liked 5 of the episodes, and thought a couple others were just okay, but there are three episodes that I think are outright bad (or at least poorly executed). For me, that's the worst Good to Okay to Bad ratio of any season.
>>
>>28016128
Not everyone believes the show is ending this season
There will be plenty of time for CMC development
>>
>>28014935
>>28014946
>>28015218
>>28016128
>A Hearth's Warming Tail
> The Saddle Row Review
>No Second Prances
>Gauntlet of Fire
>maybe Flutter Brutter

>as/more disappointing as/than S3
Really? By my count, that's more good to great episodes in 12 episodes than all of S3 had in 13 episodes. And this season has another 14 episodes coming.

I'll agree that so far S6 is not as good as S5, but in my opinion S5 was amazing and the best season of the show so far by quite a bit, so that's hard to match (especially since Haber simply doesn't have Meghan and Larson's experience with running this show), but I don't think it's anywhere near S3. Because I also think only one episode can really be called "bad" so far (and that's mostly because it's so slow and thus exaggerates too much to fill the time. It could have been decent if not for that) and that the others have been decent to good, more so than most S3 episodes.

More personal, I think that both A Hearth's Warming Tail and The Saddle Row Review are 9/10 episodes, which I can't say for any S3 episodes. Magic Duel is an 8/10 at best for me. But admittedly I never really found Sleepless in Ponyville as great as some here seem to, so while for me it's about a 7/10, I think those Anons would give it 9/10. Which still only makes one.
>>
>>28014939
/thread
>>
>>28014935
Even worse thsn S3
>>
>>28014972
I agree
>>
File: 1458741920808.gif (457KB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
1458741920808.gif
457KB, 390x293px
>>28016740
>heart wamring tail
>no second rpances
>good
fanboy pls
>>
File: 14395658662961.jpg (157KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
14395658662961.jpg
157KB, 1000x1000px
>>28016740
>S5 was amazing and the best season of the show so far

I want you to stop posting.
>>
>>28016740
>AHWT
Yet another "A Christmas Carol" that the media just loves to ape. Saturation of the original story aside, this one was hardly so transformative and just replaced several themes with the brand's friendship theme. The songs were ok, but anyone who would suggest they carried the episode are likely those who think A Friend Indeed was an outstanding episode because of the first three minutes, or are likely the type who think Rainbow Rocks was the best one because of the generic ass villains sang pretty great songs. Sidenote: fuck /dzg/, get a real waifu you easily amused faggots.
7/10, it was ok for what it was.

>TSRR
Bretty gud choice, 10/10 ( '.')b

>NSP
Besides the fact that they had to rely on questionably retconning Magic Dual somewhat to make the plot work, and besides the fact that Starlight's big struggle with making friends is "I'm just too darn good at muh magic and nopony understands meee" paints her as such a fucking mary sue and I know there's better potential for her they could be exploring. Outside of that, Trixie and Starlight's interactions were surprisingly well executed and Trixie almost killing herself if she didn't have that friend is both a tad extreme and pretty deep characterization for her.
7/10, only because there was a pretty major convenience it had to rely on to work.

>GoH
Fuck off Spikefags, I'm not getting into this one yet again because you never learn. Fuck the notion of Spike having depth and personal conflict, as long as he's a really cool and nice guy! :DD
5/10, probably the most bland episode I've seen in the series and that says a lot considering Applejack's "Day Off".

>FB
Was ok. Kinda rushed the ending there with the song and fast forwarding understandably given the short timeframe to wrap up, but otherwise had a solid message and entertaining gags.
8/10, wish there was more to Zeph than just being a lazy NEET
>>
>>28018542
>A Hearth's Warming Tail
>No Second Prances
>not good
Contrarian(?) pls

ie. wow, you sure convinced me with those hot arguments.jpg

>>28018623
But it was, it was S2, only better (except for the very last 10 minutes)

>>28018687
>AHWT
Yes, it wasn't greatly transformative, but neither are most occurrences, as they are usually just adaptations. This one does go beyond simple adaptation and does transform several parts though, even if not sizable. And I think it did so nicely, and I don't think big transformations are needed anyways, the story is timeless. Also, I think the songs are pretty much Ingram's best work since 2012's Find A Pet Song, Becoming Popular, and This Day Aria, and they did indeed carry the episode, that was also their point, it was a musical episode, like The Mane Attraction and Pinkie Pride. What makes you think they didn't? (Also I don't rate A Friend in Deed as outstanding regardless of how good the song was, but I do think Rainbow Rocks was the best one simply by default, partly because the songs were good, but also because it has the most believable plot and character interactions. Which doesn't mean that those are good, but they are the best out of the three movies)
9/10 best musical episode to date

>TSRR
9/10

>NSP
My gripe with this episode is that Twilight is just a bit too untrusting of Trixie, if that's what you mean by the retcon then I agree. I see what you're getting at with Starlight and I agree with the "just too darn good at magic" part, but I think her being afraid of not being able to make any friends because nobody likes her, ie. her insecurity, is actually a decent idea for her character and doesn't make her look Sue-ish (I'm pretty sure that would mean something different anyways, but whatever, >implying "Mary Sue" is ever used in it's original meaning nowadays)
8/10 for me

(cont.)
>>
>>28018687
>>28019905
>GoF
I'll admit I wasn't totally on board with that one either because it felt too generic for me, I mostly included it in that list because people here seem to like it quite well.
Still a decent episode in my book and worth at least a 6/10, if not a 7/10.

>FB
I pretty much agree, the song was rather forgettable, but the rest was nice. 8/10 from me too, not sure what much more they could've done with Zeph especially considering the timeframe you mentioned. He did have the hair thing and the crush on Dash.
>>
>>28019905
>>28019915
My biggest gripe with AHWT simply is that entertainment media is already saturated with retellings of that story, though I may be judging it a little too harshly for that. The songs certainly were pretty good and it makes sense in the context of it being a musical. I should probably rewatch it sometime soon and try to gauge it a bit better without the bias.

>Rainbow Rocks was the best one simply by default, [...] but also because it has the most believable plot and character interactions.
I liked Rainbow Rocks for being a significant step up from the first one, but I honestly can't agree about it having a believable plot. The basis here being that it was about a different force of evil that was banished to a different world (why Equestria would put that burden on an unknown world rather than just stuffing them in Tartarus with other big bads made little sense and paints Starswirl as being even more non-empathetic and worse; that Celestia would allow that to happen), the sirens themselves (yet another group of creatures that are "evil for the sake of being evil" though it's shown they kind of feed on negative energy but not that it's necessary for their survival like the changelings, have apparently been living since before Star Swirl banished them but with no clear explanation why they're still alive probably a millenia later)

The interactions between Sunset and Twilight were definitely top tier, though they received most of the attention. I felt the interactions SciTwi had with most of the main six helped define her character a little bit more.

In Starlight's case, I only refer to her as a Sue in this case because her "problem" was other ponies not liking that she was showing off her magic. Rather than dial it back, she got all mopey about it. I do see potential in her insecurities and hope they handle it a little better.
>>
>>28020204
>>28019915
I'm glad we can see eye to eye on GoF, I felt that a lot of people were jumping on that bandwagon because in their mind Spike was written well, plus it had Ember as waifu bait.
Even Ember felt like the generic "angsty teen trying to prove their parent wrong" cliche and there wasn't much more depth to her character beside being smarter and less brutish than other dragons.

I felt like they might have explored Zeph's motivations a little more, both before turning his life around and after. What we got was ok learning that he was just anxious about failure, but I'm sure there could have been something deeper like his reliance on others to carry his weight couldn't have just been because he thought he'd always fail or he wouldn't have been so good at weaseling his way back into his parents' lives so often. Which his parents being as much of a doormat as Fluttershy usually is was a bit of a copout, I wish there was more emotional manipulation involved. *That* would have been a bit more realistic.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.