[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dirty Work (Thread 21)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 488
Thread images: 4

File: 1451685289195.png (148KB, 748x521px) Image search: [Google]
1451685289195.png
148KB, 748x521px
This is the story of a quiet, courteous and organized mare named Sharp “Twitch" Catalog who made a deal with less than trustworthy ponies and is now slowly patching her life back together with the help of her friendly neighborhood mob operation.

Last time, Twitch was having fun being a delivery-pony.

Last Thread: >>27844135

Archive: https://www.anonpone.com/dirty/

>>27985712
"Mind some company?"
>You say as you gesture to the seat in front of him.
>As he speaks, you do notice him giving your saddlebags a confused look.
>"Wouldn't mind at all. It's always good to have somepony to talk to."
>So, you take the seat across from him and let out a sigh of relaxation as you sit into the plush seat, then gingerly take off your saddlebags.
>The flowermare is still here, but doesn't seem to have her eyes on you at the moment.
>"What brings you here tonight?"
>He asks from across a coffee table between the two of you, setting his drink down and fiddling with a small bag of his own.

>input action
>>
>>28003563
I'm meeting somepony, wondering when he'll get here.
Until I see him, I was just thinking we could chat a bit. Like you said, always good to have somepony to talk to.
>>
>>28003639
This
>>
>rape
>>
>>28003683
>>28003639
"I'm meeting somepony, wondering when he'll get here."
>The stallion chuckles a little at this,
"Until I see him, I was thinking we could chat a bit. Like you said, always good to have somepony to talk to."
>He nods,
>"Well, I guess I'll start. I've been busy with work as of late, I manage a decently successful retail business. Do work selling clothes, but I'm trying to make my way into the restaurant business as of late. Working on the logistics at the moment, name, location, where to find suppliers, the like. Been a bit of an uphill slog, let me tell you. Had to fund it all myself, and raising enough to do so wasn't too easy. Most of the cash I'm putting in is mine, but I borrowed a little from the bank and got some investors in the form of friends and family!"

>input action
>>
>>28003893

That's really nice of them. You close to your family? See them a lot?
>>
>>28003893

>>28003919
This.
Pull on that thread to lead the convo.
>>
>>28003919
>>28003922
"That's really nice of them. You close with your family? See them a lot?"
>You ask, starting to get a good feeling about this conversation.
>On the other hoof, you're feeling pretty shitty that the flower mare seems to have tracked you here, but that's something to think about once you've verified this guy's identity.
>"Often, yeah. I see them a lot for holidays, and there's a family reunion every so often. My parents host the majority of those, they've got a nice house out in the country. It's pretty comfy, and while I think it's a little big for them, when everyone shows up it suddenly feels very, very cozy. I like it. Must be a real pain to clean though, it's bigger than the two of them could ever use alone."
>As he finishes up that statement you let your eyes stray towards the flower mare again, and catch her sizing you up briefly.
>She rather quickly lets her look glass over, staring off into the distance in deep thought.
>But the stallion she's sitting with waves a hoof in front of her face and she snaps back to conversation, looking a little embaressed.

>input action
>>
>>28004083
Family reunions, huh? Can't say my family does those, guess it's not a tradition, though I talk to my parents every so often.

Do you ever get to see your grandparents at these reunions?
>>
>>28003919
>>28004118
Damn I don't want to make you feel like you're the only active player right now...but you're pretty much hitting the nail, so I'll just keep saying

>This
>>
>>28004118
>>28004274
"Family reunions, huh? Can't say my family does those, guess it's not a tradition. I talk to my parents every so often though. Do you see your grandparents at these reunions?"
>He nods,
>"Yes, for the most part. They're growing a little frail these days, so they've started skipping out visiting on holidays, but they always make an effort for the reunions. Everyone comes though, uncles, aunts, extended upon extended family makes appearances, it's one of the highlights of each year for me actually. We've had upwards of 90 ponies before, almost 100! My parents really get their yard snacked on those occasions."

>input action
>>
>>28004341
I'm thinking this isn't our guy.

He would have done his part to lead the conversation, and I can't really think of any good way to lead back to the grandparents without it seeming weird.
>>
>>28004357
It's his mother we ask about, not his grandparents.
>>
>>28004380
Oh, I'm retarded.
>>
>>28004341

Wow, that's a lot of ponies. How's the weather over at your mother's place? Must be nice around there to attract so many of your relatives.
>>
>>28004386
>By this point, you're feeling confident enough to slip in the code question, just to see his reaction or lack of one.
"Wow, that's a lot of ponies. How is the weather over at your mother's place? Must be nice around there to attract so many of your relatives."
>"Very sunny this time of year..."
>He muses,
>"Sometimes I even think too sunny. I'm glad our reunions normally take place in the latter months of the year, I've always preferred the winter months over the summer ones."
>He then stretches out and relaxes in his chair, much like yourself.
>Lowering his voice without changing his posture whatsoever, he yawns and casually whispers,
>"So, I believe you have something for me?"

>input action
>>
>>28004673
I do.

We're being watched, so I'd rather not do it over the table. The booth should hide our hooves if we do it underneath, but not without some very obvious hoof movement. Unless someone thinks we should leave the diner first.
>>
>>28004736
"I do."
>You say back, and the stallion straightens up.
"But we're being watched, so I'd rather not do it over the table. The booth should hide our hooves if we do it underneath, but not without some odd looking hoof movement. Unless someone thinks we should leave the diner first before we make the transaction."
>The stallion sighs,
>"Whoever's watching will just think that more suspicious. Is it in your saddlebags?"
>To which you nod.
>"Shit... Well, get it out as casually as you can, then set it to your side, behind your leg and away from whoever you think is watching us. After a minute, bump it onto the floor and kick it under the table. It's low enough to cover the package itself. As long as you can get it over here with a hard enough boot, I think I can cover my picking it up by scratching my leg."
>He then looks about the bar, signals a waiter and sits back.
>"So don't point them out, but who exactly is watching us? Oh, and my plan, are you willing to go through with that?"

>input action
>>
>>28004874
Red mare, light yellow mane. She's sitting at the bar.
Yes, go through with the plan.
>>
>>28004874
It's a good plan

Do we know the cutiemark of our follower?
>>
>>28004888
>>28005075
>You think back and try to remember the mare's cutie-mark, but can't quite seem to at the moment.
>In fact, you don't think you've ever seen it before, she was wearing something over it the first time you saw her.
"Red mare, yellow mane, sitting at the bar. And yes, we'll go through with your plan. It's pretty good."
>The green stallion turns to greet the waiter and in turn catches a quick glimpse of her.
>Once the waiter orders a drink and leaves, your green stallion nods.
>"I see her, might make this a little difficult."
>The two of you fall into conversation his family for a brief while as you work with your saddlebag and try to avoid looking suspicious.
>When you've got the package out, you place it to your side and fidget a little, nervous.
>Now, it's all about the timing.
>Right now, your tail is talking with her stallion and taking slow sips of her drink.
>Should you go for it and make your move, or perhaps wait a little and keep up the conversation you're having.
>As you think about this, your brain snaps out of chit-chat autopilot.
>"-my siblings are both older than me, and quite accomplished too. Brother's a lawyer, sister's a businessmare. Both have done extraordinarily well for themselves, and my parents are very proud of them. And they're proud of me to a lesser extent, they just don't really know what I do."
>He says with a small laugh,
>"Well, outside retail of course."

>input action
>>
>>28005317
No need to delay, I think we can go ahead.

I'm glad to hear that your family's doing so well, all of you. Wish I could say the same, I've never been too well-off. Not that I'm unhappy, there's always food on the table and life is nice the way it is.
>>
>>28005532
"I'm glad to hear your family is doing so well, all of you. Wish I could say the same, I've never been too well-off. Not that I'm unhappy, there's always food on the table and life is nice the way it is."
>As you say this you knock the package off and slide it over with a hind hoof.
>You don't think the flower mare noticed, but you never know.
>The green stallion perks up as the package hits his foot,
>"Hm. I won't pry into your personal life, but do you keep in contact with your family at all?"
>And you shrug,
"Eh... A little. Not as much as I'd like honestly, it's been a long while since I've seen or talked to any of them actually."
>He leans over to scratch his leg and in one swift motion pockets the package into his bag,
>"Well, may I suggest you at some point get around to it? I assume you're a very busy mare, but I'm also sure they'd love to hear from you or see you. Just a suggestion."
>Package now passed, he shifts anxiously in his seat and lowers his voice once again
>"So how long do you suppose we should wait? And who should leave first?"

>input action
>>
>>28005860
Let him leave first after another few minutes, then you can leave after him, maybe after like 20 minutes
Maybe pretend that the person you were waiting for never showed up and leave muttering angrily about being stood up as you leave
>>
>>28005971
This
>>
>>28005971
Thirding this.
>>
>>28006971
>>
>>28008228
>>
File: 1418661894702.jpg (30KB, 480x357px) Image search: [Google]
1418661894702.jpg
30KB, 480x357px
>>28005860
>hits his foot
>foot
>>
beb
>>
>>28010201
>>
Seems a bit late to start a session tonight so we'll be shooting for a tenative morning/afternoon session tomorrow. More than likely afternoon, but we'll see.

>>28010840
I-It won't happen again, I swear.
>>
>>28011497
>>
>>28015973
>>
beb
>>
>>28005971
>>28006971
>>28007632
"You should head out first, and I'll follow after. Not follow after you, but you get the gist."
>You say definitively, and he nods as the two of you continue with random small talk.
>After about five or ten minutes, he stands and smiles at you before trotting out, keeping the package hidden away inside his bag.
>You however, stick around a little longer, feigning annoyance as time goes on.
>Eventually, after maybe another twenty minutes, you stand in a huff, angrily kick your saddlebags before putting them on and stamp out.
>As you cross by the bar, you make sure to bemoan your situation,
"Bastard! Left me high and dry. I swear..."
>Trailing off into angry grumbles, you stamp out the door and down the sidewalk towards home.
>A minute or so later, you catch the flower mare exiting the bar, saying goodbye to the stallion she was with and trotting behind you.
>At the moment the streets are emptying for the night, so a good few ponies are milling about, saying goodnight and walking home to their homes.
>It's a weeknight, so most ponies will probably be getting in bed early.
>Celestia, if you had a normal job you know you would certainly be hopping into bed with Tally for a good snuggle right now.

>input action
>>
>>28019860
Now we just have to work on losing her. How about a stroll through the park?
>>
>>28019996
>Once you know she's behind you you refrain from checking behind you, assuming she'll follow wherever you go.
>To lose her, you decide to take a stroll through the park, going through the big open gates and standing for a moment to decide what to do.
>It's quiet inside the park, crickets chirping, wind rushing through the trees.
>There's a few ponies about, one or two, certainly not a crowd to lose yourself in.
>Around you, there's sparse trees to your direct left and right, two branching paths a little a head of you, and between them more dense woods.
>You're a little nervous about looking behind you to confirm if you're still being followed, but in your head you still feel her eyes burning into the back of your head.
>Paranoia?
>Premonition?
>You don't know, and won't unless you work up the nerve to turn around.

>input action
>>
>>28020262
Take a seat by a tree, and while we're sitting down, turn in a way that would allow us to see down the path behind us.
>>
>>28020307
>You stretch out, then take a brisk walk to a nearby tree and take a seat facing the entrance.
>Behind you is your tail, who after a second's pause begins a very slow walk in the direction of the left path.
>She looks slightly uncomfortable as well, but you quickly take your eyes off her to avoid suspicion.
>Around the park you spot one pony napping on a park bench, and another two entering together as a couple.
>The grass beneath you is a bit damp, and tonight the moon is rather bright, giving you a clear view of most everything around you, even without the streetlights of the city.

>input action
>>
>>28020463
She can't stay around without looking very suspicious to us.
Just sit there and let our mind wander, enjoy the evening for a while.

If we're lucky, maybe our feigned blissful ignorance will eventually get her to leave us alone.
>>
>>28020463
Stargaze!
Wonder if there's an even or an odd amount of stars in the sky.
Make a note to ask Twilight to ask Luna.
>>
>>28020463

Maybe we should shoot her.
>>
>>28020668
I don't even know how to reply to this post.

No. Just no.
>>
>>28020668
Maybe we should marry her.
>>
>>28020554
>>28020561
>Knowing she can't stay around without looking suspicious, you decide to stick around a little longer.
>As you do, you notice out of the corner of your eye flowermare's walking speed growing slower and slower as she goes out of sight, but you really couldn't care less.
>You sit on your butt and think about stuff.
>About Tally.
>About Bell (who you're really having second thoughts about).
>Life in general.
>And when you're done with all that you think about this wonderful evening.
>Wind whipping through the trees.
>Frogs croaking somewhere off behind you, then eventually fading to quiet pond splashes, then eventually nothing.
>The stars in the sky.
>You spend a little while counting them, or attempting to.
>Instead of going on all night, you stop at 444 and make a mental note to ask Twilight to ask Luna how many there are for you.
>When you snap back to reality, you notice your tail is gone completely!
>The one following you, not your actual one.
>And about you, the park is empty.
>The moon's visibly higher now, and if you were to make an estimate of the time you'd hope it was somewhere between 10 and 12.

>input action
>>
>>28020853
I'm glad we did this.

We can turn the job in to Provvy tomorrow. Let's go home now.
>>
>>28020853
Let's go cuddle Tally
>>
>>28020869
>Feeling oddly happy, you stand and stretch out.
>You then notice that your actual tail is looking a little grassy from sitting down so long, and whack it against the tree you sat on softly to get it out.
>After looking both left and right, you trot slowly out of the park, still feeling strangely giddy.
>For the whole way home you keep looking behind you, expecting to catch a glimpse of the flowermare behind you, but she never appears.
>You're sure she will in the future, but tonight you get to head home unbothered.
>And as the door clicks shut you feel a sense of weariness instantly descend upon you, leaving you sapped of all energy as you slump into the bedroom.
>Already you're even thinking of skipping your nightly shower tonight, a violation of both cleanliness and routine.
>There's always the morning...
>Tally grunts a little and blearily opens her eyes as you slip into bed with her.
>A smile forms on her face and she shifts over and opens her hooves, then wraps them around you.
>"Welcome back night owl..."
>She whispers into your ear as you snuggle up and enjoy your place as little spoon.
>"What were you out doing so late?"

>input action
>>
>>28021187
I just sat in the park and did some thinking to myself.
Then I counted stars. It was a nice evening. Little spur of the moment, otherwise I would have invited you.
>>
>>28021211
"I just sat in the park and did some thinking. It was nice and quiet. Peaceful."
>You let that hang for a moment before continuing.
"Thin I counted the stars. it was a nice evening. Little spur of the moment, otherwise I would have invited you!"
>Tally boops you on the nose, then giggles,
>"I guess you'll just have to take me some other time, eh? And counted the stars? That sounds like quite the undertaking... How long were you out there?"
>You laugh,
"I gave up pretty quickly. I do now know that there's at least 444 stars in the sky now though!"
>You say cheerily, and Tally pauses for a second, looking you over.
>"Hold on, did you take a shower tonight Sharpie?"
>And you freeze up, blushing.
"N-No, I was going to in the morning, I-I was very tired okay..."
>Tally smirks,
>"Just a bit of a surprise to me. I think you're learning to loosen up a little Sharpie!"

>input action
>>
>>28021695
Huh, maybe this new job is doing more good for me than I thought!
>>
>>28021695
Yeah, I even wore my hair different today.

Also, did we remember to take our dress off?
>>
>>28021730
>>28021750
"Maybe this job is doing more good for me than I thought! And hey, I wore my mane differently today! Take a look!"
>You say as you display your free locks proudly.
>"I-I didn't even notice! It's a good look Sharpie, you should try it more!"
>She compliments, and you smile
"Maybe once in a blue moon Tally, it's just so disorderly. Don't think I can handle it much longer, but maybe I'll keep it for tonight."
>However, you can't deny it, it is a very pretty style.
>Then, you realize your dress is still on.
"O-Oh! I forgot all about my clothes, been a tiring night. One moment please."
>You say as you hop out of bed to quickly unzip.
>For a moment you don't think Tally even noticed your exit in her half sleep, but as you take it off a whistle from behind you quickly dispels that thought.
>You flip around to a very amused looking Tally.
>"What?"
>She asks innocently, barely holding back laughter.

>input action
>>
>>28022052

Maybe we should have sex with her.
>>
>>28022052
Ask her why she's laughing
In the most Sharpie paranoid way possible
>>28023009
Anon pls
That comes later
>>
I want sharpie to ravage tally's bump pussy.
>>
>>28025808

I always sort of figured it would be the other way around
>>
busy episode day
>>
LIVE
>>
>>28028960
>>
>>28023174
"Tally? W-Why are you laughing?"
>You say nervously, shifting back and forth on your hooves.
>Does she think you look funny?
>No, surely not, Tally would never.
>But then what else could be the reason...
>It's a serious question, but before any serious thinking to confront it can be done, you find yourself enveloped in magic.
>Rather distracting, but as Tally lifts you into the air you realize she could have been hiding something!
>Playful of course, laughing because someone doesn't notice something or is doing something according to plan is an integral part of a prank or practical joke!
>And while this might not be a prank, Tally may have just done something embarrassing you didn't notice.
>That would explain everything.
>As you open your mouth to ask about this, Tally's lips prove quicker,
>"Oh, you silly silly mare."
>She plonks you in front of her on your butt, bouncing ever so slightly off the mattress.
>"I was trying to fluster you with the whistle Sharp. You know what a catcall is, right? And getting whistled at on the street?"
>And well, you obviously do, you've had to deal with both before.
"Of course!"
>Tally then smirks,
>"Well, think about it for a second... Why would I be pointing this out just now?"

>input action
>>
>>28031640
Wait a few seconds as the gears in our head turn.
Then blush furiously and bury our head underneath a pillow.
>>
>>28031052
>>
>>28032404
>>
>>28033030
>>
>>28031640
...Oh! Tally, that's r-rude!
>>
beb
>>
>>28034559
>>
>>28031640

That's inappropriate
>>
>>28031663
>>28033678
>>28035982
>You spend a moment thinking, as Tally suggested.
>Why would she point out catcalling and whistling in this specific situation?
>Firstly you trot over to the window and look outside, but nopony is down there for her to have referenced.
>Next, you consider the context of the past few moments, you get out of bed, you take off your dress, Tally whistles, she laughs.
>Slowly but surely, a connection begins to emerge, between catcalling, you taking off your dress and Tally's whistle.
>She must have been catcalling you!
>Or at least drawing attention to you taking off clothing.
>You blush furiously and hop back into bed, stammering,
"O-Oh! T-Tally that's rude! Y-You shouldn't..."
>And bury your head under a pillow to escape the embarrassment.
>Under there, you take comfort in that you were able to figure out that connection yourself, and that you're getting better.
>Might have had to ask about that just a little while ago, and Celestia that would have been even more awkward...
>Tally giggles and pulls you from your cozy retreat into a hug,
>"Aw, I'm just playing with you Sharpie. And I'm feeling a little lively tonight, now that you've woken me up."
>She stretches out,
>"I don't know if I can get back to sleep right now. I think I'm going to go sit on the roof. Want to come? I get it if you're tired."

>input action
>>
>>28036003
That sounds nice.
>>
>>28036003
Sure, haven't been up there in a while.
>>
>>28036022
>>28036067
"Sounds nice. Haven't been up there in a while."
>Both of you hop out of bed and trot out to the roof, up the stairs and out the door.
>Tally is just that little more in shape than you are, so she beats you to the top, though both of you are wheezing.
>"Hooh! I really need to get out more."
>She sighs as she collapses into one of the beach chairs someone dragged up here a long time ago.
>Also puffing you collapse with her and stare up towards the sky, trying to think thoughts other than keeling over.
>After the two of you have your breathing somewhat back under control, Tally pokes her belly,
>"Hope we're not getting fat."
>She says worriedly, but after some belly squishing from both parties and testing of each other's chub, you deduce that it's just your shared complete lack of fitness.
>Neither of you are growing at the waistline.
>With that out of the way, Tally pushes the beach chairs together and moves partway onto yours to cuddle you, looking up at the sky.
>"Really is a beautiful night. You were right Sharpie, maybe we should take a midnight stroll in the park one of these days."
>The moon sits, almost full at the halfway point of the night.
>You separate from Tally's grasp to look out over the city, and she soon follows behind you.
>The crickets have been replaced with the hum of electricity, but the cool, fresh air is the same of that in the park.
>Her hoof goes up, and you follow it to Canterlot castle, specifically one of the spires.
>"You'll be working there soon Sharpie. Feels pretty odd. I wonder if they'll give you quarters there or if you'll get to stay with me."

>input action
>>
>>28036712
I don't know. I guess we'll have to see. A-and it's not a sure thing yet. She could still change her mind.
>>
>>28036712

I'm sure we can love wherever we want, it's not like Twilight will need us 24/7. Though maybe we could eventually move somewhere nicer and closer. Depends how well they pay.
>>
>>28036737
>>28037452
"I don't know. It's not a sure thing ye--"
>And Tally rolls her eyes,
>"Oh come on, when they see how good you are at organizing stuff, Twilight will be begging to have you. You've got nothing to worry about Sharpie, trust me."
>You laugh and blush a little,
"O-Oh stop, I'm not like some god of cleaning."
>And tally smirks,
>"I don't know Sharpie, if you aren't you're pretty damn close to it."
>You blush again and shake your head,
"W-Well if I do get it I'm sure I'll be allowed to leave whenever I like. Doubt she'll need me 24/7."
>You think back to your goal to cuddle the princess.
>Maybe if you're a good enough cuddler, she'll need you 24/7 after all...
>But Tally interrupts those pleasant thoughts,
>"I hope she won't... I'd miss you Sharpie. Maybe they'd think you leaving was a security risk or something. I'm just nervous about it."
>For a moment she continues staring off at the tower, then turns to you and sighs.
>"Want to sleep under the stars tonight? I doubt anyone else will give us a visit, so we'll have it all to ourselves."

>input action
>>
>>28038403

Cuddle up closer to Tally and use that as our answer.
>>
>>28038403
>implying the answer to that is ever no
>>
>>28038439
>>28038460
>You scoot over and put your hoof around her, looking off across the city.
>Then, you give her a grin.
>"So that's a yes?"
>Tally says as she walks you over to the beach chairs, and as she settles down you practically tackle her onto her back and snuggle up with her.
"Of course! How could I turn that down!"
>You say as you stick out your tongue, blowing Tally a raspberry.
>She mimics you, and what follows is a brief war of who can blow the longest before your breath finally gives out and the two of you break into laughter.
>"M-Man, we need to grow up some day."
>Tally says as she squeezes you, and you laugh,
"Maybe someday. But not today."

>You awaken to a clear red sky, and Tally rolling off the beach seats with a soft thump.
>She snores a little into her hoofpit, and as you look around blearily you see the sun coming up over the horizon, barely peeping over the building's edge.

>input action
>>
>>28038857
Lean over the edge of the seats and say good morning to Tally.
>>
>>28038857
Assess the condition of the Talleh.
>>
>>28038900
>>28038935
>You lean over the chairs and assess Tally's condition.
>She's still sleeping, and snoring as before.
>You give her a poke, and she continues snoring, so you assume she's still deep in dreamland.
>Another poke brings her to the wakened world, and she scrunches up at you.
"Morning!"
>You say cheerfully as you hop up and pull her to her hooves.
>She stumbles about a bit before leaning on you as support, then steadies herself and looks about.
>"Bright and early, eh?"
>She mumbles, rubbing her head and yawning.
>"Ooh... Sun's really bright."
>The two of you hastily make your way back downstairs and into your apartment,
>Tally yawns and makes her way into the kitchen to start cooking breakfast, and on the table there you spot a nondescript letter addressed to you.
>"Oh yeah... Meant to tell you about that. Came yesterday. Anyway, I'm going to cook breakfast, I'll leave some for you if you want to open it or clean up or iunno..."
>Tally mumbles, scratching her messy purple mane from her face.
>As she does, you remember that you didn't take a shower yesterday.
>So a dilemma now presents itself, give in to the cleanliness or see what this letter has inside.

>input action
>>
>>28039443
Letter sounds exciting.

I'm actually nervous about it. Any return address?
>>
>>28039443
Now it's not the time for cleaning
That comes later
>>
>>28039443
Open it in the bathroom. That way we can clean up straight after.
>>
>>28039458
>>28039665
>>28039668
>You grab the letter and trot into the bathroom, rubbing sleep from your eyes.
>After that, you sit on the toilet and inspect the letter.
>It's not particularly special in any way, just plain old white with "Sharp Catalog" written in fancy letters.
>There's a sending address, but no return address, which you find very odd.
>Eager, you rip it open cleanly and pull out a folded scroll, which you read through curiously.

Dear Sharp Catalog,

I'm pleasantly surprised you contacted me (and a little worried your current job requires the use of an alias)! Most I talk to and want to follow up with seem to get cold hooves. I can imagine why, I suppose "Princess," is rather unintentionally intimidating. Just that I really don't get much mail at all, so to see a letter in my slot at the palace is always a welcome sight! Anyway, to business. I would love to have you work at my library, but there's the matter of some security mumbo-jumbo I'll have to send you through before anything can be done. They've already been running background checks on you, and for the moment they say everything looks great! They do however, want you to come in and see them this weekend, so I hope you aren't busy at all. Saturday or Sunday will work, at the main Canterlot police office within the palace walls. After your checks and that interview are complete, you'll have a short interview with me and get a chance to meet with a few of the other mares you might be working with! Please mail me if you have any questions.

Signed,
Princess Twilight Sparkle

>input action
>>
>>28040599
This worries me, but okay.

Can we even pass a background check? Current employment might come up, what will we say then?

Like it or not, I think we may need help.
>>
File: Deebly Goncerned.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
Deebly Goncerned.png
98KB, 600x500px
>>28040599
>They've already been running background checks on you
>>
>>28040733
That doesn't mean following you around. They check for criminal records, maybe contact a previous employer. Nothing too serious.
>>
>>28040599
If the issue of the alias comes up we could say we had a falling out with two sisters through our job, and though it didn't last long, we realized we needed to take more precautions in our work, hence the name.
>>
>>28040828
>That doesn't mean following you around

Not in your place of employment maybe.

>>28040599

In all seriousness though this should be fine. We can just keep with our cover story and tell them we're working at the Laugh and moonlighting at other jobs like the one we met Twilight at in the meantime because we're a bit in debt and owe some money. If they ask about the alias we can admit that we owe some money to the mob and we're a bit paranoid about them keeping track of us. The best lies have some truth to them and it shouldn't pose any security concerns.

We should go in for the security interview and refrain from taking any high-profile jobs in the meantime.
>>
>>28040620
>>28040733
>>28040863
>>28040881
>At first, you're pretty happy!
>As soon as you see "Princess Twilight Sparkle," your eyes light up.
>You're a bit surprised you've got the job (or are at least in the running for it), but are happy nonetheless.
>Then, on a second read-through, you start to feel a little more concerned.
>Background checks?
>You might need some help with that one, you don't think you could pass one right now.
>And an interview?
>With cops?
>That sounds a little out of your league.
>This concern only grows on your third read-through when "already been running background checks" jumps out at you.
>Then comes the paranoia.
>Will they find something?
>Are they going to start following you?
>Have they already been following you?
>How invasive are royal background checks?
>Pretty invasive you'd imagine, but surely they wouldn't find your mob employments.
>But what if...
>You shudder to think what would happen if they find out where you work and what you've been doing, so you drown your fears in hot water and cleaning.
>Feeling nice, fresh, and much less paranoid than before, you step out of the shower and braid your mane before trotting into the kitchen.
>Sadly, Tally is gone now, leaving behind a bowl of cereal, the milk jug and six carrots arranged in pairs on the table for you.

>input action
>>
>>28040954
I guess we go to the laugh. After eating of course.
>>
>>28041208
>The cereal's crunchy, the carrots snap freshly, and it's easy as pie to clean up such a meal.
>Breakfast's always been a favorite of yours for that reason.
>When you're just waking up you don't want to force too much cleaning on yourself, have to save that for later in the day.
>After that, it's out the door and into the early morning light.
>The streets of Canterlot are just waking up as you step daintily across the sidewalks to the Last Laugh.
>Inside, you're greeted by the usual motley crew of bartenders before trotting to the back and into Providence's office.
>You knock on her door, but when she doesn't respond decide to step inside and see what's happening yourself.
>To your surprise, you find her asleep on her desk, pencil in hoof and papers strewn in front of her.
>There's a few fashion advertisements floating about, and Providence herself looks like she's in the process of writing a letter.
>In the "in" box on her desk there's a horridly stacked pile of what looks like bank statements and various contracts.
>In the "out" box there's letters, contracts, and a single piece of bright white paper that catches your eye.
>It's got some nice stationary on it, something you swear you've seen before...
>Providence's passed out head lies atop a letter, which you can make out the first line of,

Dear Bar None,

I've been working on getting you the materials, but I swear, we just need more time. I've assembled the vast majority of them, but some of the mo--

>And her hoof and face cut off the rest.

>input action
>>
>>28041391
Poor girl.

No snooping, as per usual. Not a very good trait to have in the mob.
Just say 'Provvie' progressively louder until she wakes up.
>>
>>28041391
>nice stationary
Heh, wonder if it's part of the background check. Laugh would be current employer after all.
Anyway, give her a pat and call her name.
>>
beb
>>
>>28043391
>>
>>28043391
>>
>>28041391

Maybe instead of doing jobs for her she could use someone to help organize all her paperwork.
>>
>>28044950
That's not a bad idea. I'm sure we could handle paperwork.
>>
>>28043391
>>
>>28041405
>>28042736
>You wonder about the strange stationary for a second before taking a seat in front of her.
>Don't want to be a snoop.
>That's how you end up...
>Instead of thinking those thoughts, you decide to wake Providence.
>You need pay and new jobs you know.
"Provvie!"
>You say quietly, and the mare snorts.
>The pen falls from her hoof, but she doesn't waken.
"Provvie..."
>You repeat, slightly louder.
>Like an alarm clock, you continue to bleat her name until she jolts up and blearily stares around the room.
>"W-Who what now?"
>She says quietly as she rubs her eyes, slowly letting her eyes adjust.
>After she regains her senses, she stares at you with half lidded, bagged eyes for a brief moment before a look of panic overtakes her.
>"Sh-Sharpie! Heavens, m-my office? L-Letter?"
>She quickly begins grabbing various papers from around the table and hiding them from sight, including the fancy stationary you saw.
>"S-Sweet Celestia, I-I'm dreadfully sorry Sharpie! Must have fallen asleep last night."
>Finally under control, she lets out a sigh of relief, stows the stack of papers she so hastily grabbed and rubs her eyes again.
>"Okay! W-Why are you in my office so early?"
>Your gaze takes to the window, and by your estimate it's probably around eight in the morning.

>input action

>>28044950
>>28045050
No harm in asking
>>
>>28048558
I wanted to tell you that the job delivery worked out yesterday. Found the contact, delivered the package.

>>28044950
>>28045050
Yeah, it doesn't seem like a bad idea to ask her. The worst she can say is no.
>>
>>28048685
"I wanted to tell you the job delivery worked out yesterday. Found the contact, delivered the package."
>Providence whines breifly,
>"What? No, I-"
>Then stops, takes a deep breath and shakes her head.
>"Job delivery, job delivery... Oh!"
>She suddenly sits bolt upright and grins,
>"So it went well? I'm glad to hear it. And I'll suppose you want your pay too."
>She says as she stretches out, yawns and goes searching through her file cabinet before pulling out a sack of bits.
>"Was it a thousand bits? I think it was a thousand bits... I-I'm sorry, just really tired right now, it was a rough night."

>input action
>>
>>28048797
I don't want to scam her, but I think we might be able to use her tiredness to our advantage.

It was 500 bits.
Also, I wanted to ask you a question. All these papers on your desk look really disorganized. Would you mind if I gave you a hoof with that?
>>
>>28048816
"It was 500 bits."
>You say and push the bag back, and Providence's eyes widen as she takes it back.
>"O-Oh shit, was it? Sorry, sorry..."
>She mumbles as she retrieves a new bag, and as she does you ask innocently,
"I also wanted to ask you a question. All these papers on your desk look very disorganized. Would you mind if I gave you a hoof with that?"
>The new bag is placed in front of you and Provvie leans back in her chair, scratching her head.
>"I... Disorganized?"
>She looks about for a moment, then sighs.
>"Suppose you can. How long do you think it'll take? And do you want me to pay you or something?"

>input action
>>
>>28048978
A few hours, tops. Organization is what I'm made for, my butt tells me so. You could even keep working or nap while I'm doing it.
As for pay, it'd be nice, but I trust you to give me what is fair.
>>
>>28049002
"A few hours, tops! Organization is what I'm made for, my butt tells me so! You could even keep working or nap while I'm doing it. And as for pay, it'd be nice but I trust you to give me what's fair."
>Providence sighs,
>"Well, I suppose a nap would be nice... Just don't do anything stupid, alright? You know what I mean."
>She then steps out of her chair and crosses the room.
>After putting together a pair of armchairs, she sits down and uses the two as a makeshift bed.
>"Wake me up when you're done and I'll tell you... Pay you based on how you did."
>She then yawns, snuggles up and is snoring within fifteen seconds of her head hitting the cushion.
>Now that she's asleep, you're left with stacks of paper to deal with, and the nagging feeling that you only got this job because Provvie's out of her head exhausted right now.
>But no matter!
>You look around the desk for a few moments, trying to pick out items of interest from the mess below you.
>Her unfinished letter is a standout, and you can now view it in it's entirety.
>The fancy stationary is also visible in the middle of the stack she collected in her panic-stricken state.
>A folder marked "Drachma," and another marked "Fashion," make you wonder for a few moments.
>Underneath her desk (and looking like they've been stomped on a few times), are some letters, opened, discarded and left there, envelopes too.
>Finally, you notice a booklet with the letters "QC" written on the front.
>The vast majority of her other loose filings are rather boring back statements, real estate valuation and purchase notes, income from a variety of odd businesses (flower shops, laundromats, mechanic shops) and the like.
>Numbers upon numbers until your eyes hurt, that's what you see on those other sheets.

>input action
>>
>>28049257
I mean, it wouldn't be to bad to glance at the letter 'by mistake' as we're organizing, r-right?
>>
>>28049312
Not at all.
>>
>>28049257
A little snooping can be excused, but don't forget that we promised to do our best at cleaning up this place.
>>
>>28049462
Silly Anon, we can do both efficiently
>>
>>28049312
>>28049326
>>28049462
>>28049493
>You decide to do a little snooping, why not.
>Not like anyone other than Provvie will even know.
>You start with the unfinished letter as you create piles for sorting.

Dear Bar None,
I've been working on getting you the materials, but I swear, we just need more time. I've assembled the vast majority of them, but some of the more exotic ones are giving me trouble. However, once they're all together it looks like we'll be coming in under budget. Of course the rush you recently instated has thrown quite the wrench in our plans, but it seems like we're on track to get them in before the political summit.

>There's a note paperclipped to it, but you don't look at it too closely as you file it away by date
>Moving swiftly on, you continue sorting and sorting until you reach the fancy stationary.
>You realize it as the Canterlot P.D insignia, and your heart seizes up.

Providence,
A few ponies I personally believe have ties to the Laugh have recently come under scrutiny. For entirely different reasons in all their cases, but I'd like to know what information you can provide on them, and how dangerous you believe each of them to be. We've got to have a big bust soon or there might be some firing, and I want to know if any of these three have the dirt to warrant it (or at least trigger a nice and hefty investigation). I've provided their names, why they're under supervision and what the rest of the department knows already. Two are looking iffy, but one seems clean-ish. As always, I'll only reveal what's deemed necessary, but as a friendly reminder, I'd hate for you to have to be my big bust.
Good day, Buck

>Attached are three slips of paper,
>Morning Frost
>Sharp Catalog
>Missy Red

P.S. For that Sharp mare you might receive a questionnaire in the future about how she performs as an employee. Fill it out as normal, the rest of the department is clueless about your ties for now.

>You suddenly feel very ill.

>input action
>>
>>28050101
I-is she an undercover cop? Jesus fuck
I think we might have to take this up with Drachma as soon as possible, but for now, just continue cleaning the room, and try to stifle the impending panic
>>
>>28050101
Read our paper. Lets find out what they know on us
>>
>>28050101
Just relax they don't have a lot of dirt on us as the letter prescribe, just a peek on what they have on us won't hurt.
>>
>>28050101
THE PLOT THICKENS
>>
>>28050101
Could be related to that background check.
>>
>>28050157

I think we're better off washing our hands of the whole situation. If we keep our head low and mind our own business we're more likely to avoid getting wrapped up in this mess than if we make ourselves a player in it. If Provvie is turning over ponies I doubt we would be one, since we're harmless and the letter seems to indicate she turns over dangerous ones. I think we're in good shape here.

In fact, once we develop closer ties with the castle maybe we could even offer to help Provvie/the Guard with their work. If it helps erase our debt I'd rather be on the side of justice than criminals.
>>
>>28050157
>undercover cop
She's working with someone in the police department to cover the business.
He's telling her that his department needs to put some criminals away or they're going to fire some of them.
He's not going to be fired so he wants someone to jail. If she doesn't give him someone he'll jail her instead.
>>
>>28053403
It's the perfect revenge against us if you ask me

Not that I don't trust Provvie, I'm just saying we should read our dossier just in case Sharp is the chosen one.
If its clean, I will forever love Provvie

If it's not, we can always make a copy and go with uncle Drachma
>>
>>28053836
I wasn't saying we shouldn't, just pointing out she's not a cop.
And Drachma isn't going to do favors for us that mess with our higher ups.
>>
>>28050325
>>28051077
>>28052002
>>28052314
>Hooves shaking, you fumble for your file and look through it, terrified at what might lie within.
>As you read you assure yourself, you're not dangerous, Provvie wouldn't reveal you.

Name: Sharp Catalog
Reason for Scrutiny: Considered for data-sensitive palace job. Proximity to princesses during work hours.

>There's a lot of documents that are listed that they've apparently dragged up about you, birth certificate, the lease on your old store, rent bills for every place you've ever lived, and so on.
>However, none of these are physically attached, and instead given is a small summary.

Special talent is organization.
Reported as friendly, sweet and a bit eccentric. Possibly needs to be put through psych test?
Owned a grocery store that went bankrupt a little under a year ago.
Landlord reports the bankruptcy destroyed her emotionally.
Lives in an apartment with a mare named Tally Forward.
No evidence of relationship/family ties.
Now holds a job at a small bar/club, exact job and location will be reported after contact from owner.
One undercover agent swears he's seen her face before, but can't place where from. Possibly a result of her place of work.
Contracted out a lot.
Came into contact with PT at a party under a false alias.
Purpose/knowledge of false alias will be requested from employer.
No criminal history, fines or arrests recorded (if so, they've been wiped, which is entirely possible through redemption programs).

Questionable:
At same event where she met TS, another employee was convicted of blackmailing a visiting politician. Employment was traced back to an entirely seperate company from Sharp's workplace, but it remains a possible connection.
Iffy sighting of her snooping about on the roof of a winery nearby her house during a tasting event.
Contracted as a maid at one point?

>It's frightening to see that much data about you all at once, but you take a deep breath and turn through.
>>
>>28054832
>Providence also appears to have written up some notes on you, but hasn't finalized a letter.

Surprised they haven't found more on her.
Very talented with organization and can handle anything thrown at her barring physical labor.
Sweet personality.
Was a favorite of my sister before her firing.
Not an innocent mare by any means,
>Included next to this is a list of jobs you've completed with a question mark in parenthesis at the top.
>You do however, notice an exclusion of your capturing the two undercover agents.
Most of her jobs might be difficult to dig evidence on and wouldn't really prove big busts either.
Hasn't done anything particularly dangerous or proven unstable.
Did not inform me that she was considering leaving employment (Ask Sharp about this. Job has to do with sensitive info? Might be something useful here.).

>And a final note written below the rest.

Don't want to screw any of them over, but do I have a choice here? One needs embellishing on their deeds to seem like an attractive option, but I don't know who. There's got to be some way to decide.

>input action
>>
>>28054850
It looks like we've finished snooping for now, unless something else interesting crops up, so lets calm down and get to organizing.
>>
I should add that I will not be starting a full session until later tonight.
>>
Well, that's better than expected at least. We're fairly clean unless Provvie decides to actively screw us over.
Not sure what the best way to approach her about that is though.
>>
>>28055114

Probably not at all. We already screwed over her sister; if she finds out we were spying on her papers she would probably decide we're more trouble than we're worth and get rid of us. Right now she might think we could potentially be a huge asset for her in the future due to our palace job, so she's not likely to give us up to the cops. Best to leave things as they are.
>>
>>28055396
I don't think sitting and hoping for the best is a good plan at all. Us possibly being useful later might not be enough to offset any bad feelings she has.
She's going to talk to us about the palace job, and I think we'd be wise to make it clear we're willing to use that for this job.
>>
>>28055456
I think our best bet would be telling Provvy about the possible job with Twilight.
>>
>>28055640
Yes, that was the palace job I was referring to.
>>
>>28055699
Yeah, I was agreeing with you
>>
>>28055456

Yeah we should definitely offer to make ourselves useful while we're in the palace, I just meant we shouldn't directly bring up what we saw in her letters about needing to pick somepony to take a fall for her.
>>
>>28054832
C...can we have a summary o the other two dossiers?

I want to know if Sharpie is the least probable poner to be chosen.

I wanted the twiggy piggy job to be the exit of this mafia-shit but I gues I was aiming too high.
>>
>>28057153

One step at a time anon. We don't even have to keep working for the mob once we get in with the princess, but for the time being it behooves us to tell Provvie that we will.
>>
beb
>>
>>28057153
>>28054886
>You quickly look over the other two dossiers.
>Frost is a stallion who deals in muscle and stealth it seems.
>There's a little more blatant evidence in his police report, but nothing you think they could convict on.
>Despite all this, Provvie seems rather light on him within her notes, which makes you wonder.
>Missy Red seems to deal with intelligence gathering much like yourself, with the distinction that her jobs seem to lean much more towards utilizing her sex appeal than utilizing her smarts.
>Provvie seems a little harsh on her with her notes, and obviously has a bias against her preferred choice of jobs.
>Just as you finish with Missy, Providence snorts and makes you jump about a foot and a half in the air from surprise.
>And you think that's a good cue to stop snooping too.
>Organization passes in a blur, pages whizzing by and seemingly just falling into place in front of you.
>It's as if weren't even doing anything, your hooves moving on their own.
>Shaking from fear and anxiety, but still doing their job!
>So in a jiffy, you've got everything done up and neatly packed, ready for Provvie's inspection.
>Outside, it looks like maybe an hour or two have passed, though without a watch it's hard to tell.
>Provvie is still sleeping, and if you peer outside her office the Laugh's backroom seems to be getting a little busier.

>input action

Another late start, which I'm sorry for. Tomorrow should be a much more eventful day.
>>
>>28058055
Looks like it's time for her to wake up. We should also tell he about the job offer from Twi, without letting on that we were snooping. It makes sense to tell her now since we only just got the response and would like some advice about the background check. I also wonder if that's why the flower mare is following us.
>>
>>28058105
>Quietly, you shake Providence awake and give her a smile.
>She peacefully opens her eyes, looks about for a moment, then sighs,
>"So I guess that wasn't a dream... Glad it wasn't, I feel a lot better now. Thanks Sharp."
>She stands, the two of you switch places and Providence looks over your work.
>"This is..."
>She starts, you hanging nervously on her words,
>"Nice. Very nice. I-I don't know when it was last this orderly. Give me a few to think up your payment."
>As she looks about in wonder at her new workspace, you pause a breif minute before starting,
"So, I did have a couple of things I came in to ask you about today."
>"Sure, I'm all ears."
>She says happily.
>You take a moment to think, take a deep breath, and speak.
"Okay. Here goes... I recently got offered a job in Canterlot. To be specific, working with Princess Twilight."
>Providence's ears perk up at this, and her eyes widen ever so slightly.
"I guess I just wanted advice, as I'm going in for an interview soon, I-I only just got the response."
>Providence nods,
>"Oh, well, this is exciting news!"
>Providence says with a mixture of happiness and nervousness.
>"And an interview? With the police department I assume. Well, I guess I could give some pointers, and I might have a few ponies that could make things easier for you. But for all that I could be more useful if I knew exactly what you were applying for, and when the interview was."
>She leads, gesticulating with a hoof.
>"And why..."

>input action
>>
>>28058428
>"and why"

Wew
>>
>>28058428
I mean, we can tell her a smidgen of the truth, say she offered as the job at the party and you accepted, thinking that this might benefit the organization in one way or the other
>>
>>28058428
The princess mentioned she needed a ponies good at organizing to help out in her library at the party.
It seemed like too good an opportunity to pass up.
>>
beb
>>
>>28058428
I'd say go with >>28059411 over >>28058876.
I'd rather we stick to more honesty than not.

Definitely don't say that we would be leaving employment, but that the job seemed way too good to pass up.
I mean, working in the area of our cutie mark for our favorite princess.
>>
>>28059800
>>
>>28060513
>>
>>28061062
>>
>>28061817
>>
>>28059411
>>28059890
>You decide being honest is the better decision here.
"The princess mentioned she needed ponies good at organizing to help out in her library at the party. Seemed like too good an oppurtunity to pass up."
>Provvie looks slightly less tense with this response, and lets out a small,
>"Oh."
"And c'mon, this is what I'm meant to do! It's what I love doing, working under my favorite princess."
>Her expression lightens once again,
>"Well, I suppose that's lovely then! I hope it goes well for you Sharp, though I do have to ask."
>She scratches her neck,
>"It's an offer, more than anything. A pony in your situation might have special access to texts, books, perhaps even private records... And also, might overhear things not said to the general public. Do you see where I'm going with this?"
>She grins,
>"I can make it lucrative for you. Perhaps even cover for you in the future from certain ponies... And it doesn't have to be forever, you know. Just putting it out there."

>input action
>>
>>28062872
That sounds... okay. I'll have to be careful though, this probably isn't going to be the kind of job where you can just go anywhere and look at anything.
Plus I'll be there as myself, so there's no second chances.
>>
>>28062916
This
>>
>>28062970
>>28062916
"That sounds okay... I'll have to be careful though, this isn't the kind of job where I can just go around and look at everything. Plus I'll be there as myself, so there's no second chances."
>Providence nods,
>"I understand your apprehension, but I'm glad to see you're open to such a deal!"
>Already she's back to the grindstone, whipping out a pen and scribbling down notes.
>"Now, do you want time to think about it, or would you rather get the decision over and done with?"
>She asks.
>"And I'll give you an option here, I could pay you on a case by case basis for information, or on a contract for whatever you find/overhear plus some extra jobs I'll occasionally assign. Assuming you do want to go through with this, of course."

>input action
>>
>>28063279
I'd prefer if it was a more passive thing, really. Maybe if I find something, then okay. I really do kind of want this job, and I would like to stick my neck out as little as possible.
>>
>>28063279
We should probably wait until I know if I've even got the job.
Once I know what I'll be doing it'll be easier to decide.
>>
>>28063279

We think it would be better to let her know as the opportunities arise. We can't exactly commit to anything right now, obviously.
>>
>>28063348
>>28063387
>>28063460
"You shouldn't be so eager Provvie, we don't even know if I have the job yet! Maybe I'll fill you in on what I want to do once I know I have the job, and once I know what I'm doing."
>Providence pauses, blushes, then sighs
>"Sorry... Guess I did get a bit overexcited. Yes, perhaps it's best to wait and see."
>She finishes.
>"And in the meantime, I have a few offers for other jobs. While you wait for this one, of course. Would you be willing to take up any responsibility at the moment, or do you think it might be time for a break?"

>input action
>>
>>28063602
We should mention seeing our tail again.
We should really deal with the ponies following us before taking more jobs.
>>
>>28063660
"I think I'll hold off on other jobs for the moment. I had a tail on me last night."
>Provvie immiaditly straightens up and drops her pen,
>"Oh? Explain."
"Well I've seen her before, but she stuck around to watch my take place. Of course, I was able to complete the trade in a way that she wouldn't have been able to see if I even made it at all, but the more worrying part was that she attempted to follow me home."
>Provvie winces,
>"Okay, that's pretty bad. I've heard about tails recently, but this is the first time I've had to deal with it personally. You threw them off I hope?"
>You nod,
"Her, and yes."
>Provvie strokes her chin,
>"Well, perhaps I could offer you something to make sure she doesn't go out snooping for a while. This isn't just your problem you know, I'm sure this mare has multiple ponies she's tracking who work for us. I know there's probably somepony better qualified, but she is already going after you. Interested at all in that?"

>input action
>>
>>28064073

What does it entail?
>>
>>28064504
"What would that entail?"
>Providence raises an eyebrow,
>"Well, exactly what happens and how you deal with her is more in your court. I could fake a decoy job for you, but you'd have to take it from there. Confront her, intimidate her, there's a lot of different options. Still think you'd be up to the task?"

>input action
>>
>>28064697
I think so. Could I get someone to help me on this? I was thinking Nel.
>>
>>28064731
"I think so. Could I get someone to help me on this? I was thinking Nel."
>Providence picks her pen back up, writes a header that says "Tail:" and grins.
>"Backup, eh? And somepony who might be a tad more intimidating than yourself. I think it'll work. She'll be coming in here today, so by then I'll have a false job for the two of you to work on and you ladies can be on your way."
>She scribbles beneath the header as she continues,
>"But, would you want to start tomorrow or today? Nel has something lined up for tonight, so you'd have a lot less time to get it done if you're looking to get this tail off your and all our backs snappily."

>input action
>>
>>28065159
If Nel's busy then it might be better to wait until tomorrow.
>>
>>28065159
Tomorrow will be better then.
>>
>>28065216
>>28065237
"If Nel's busy I think it might be best to wait until tomorrow then."
>Providence finishes scribbling and looks up.
>"Well alright then! Guess we'll see you back tomorrow."
>She extends a hoof which you take and shake heartily before exiting the office into the backroom.
>There's a few ponies here now, sitting about and talking.
>They regard you with annoyance, and one moves in to enter Providence's office after you exit.
>Main has arrived as well, you know from a quick peek through his office window.
>So now, you seem to have the whole day clear to enjoy or squander.
>Is there anything you want to do?

>input action
>>
>>28065383
We should get one of Bell's books for Tally.
>>
>>28065641
Adorable idea.
We should also read the blurb on the back of the book.
>>
>>28065641
>>28065669
>You ignore the group and set out into the daylight, happy and carefree.
>Well, there's that nagging feeling that everything is crumbling apart and that Tally's going to report you to the authorities, but you don't really think that's hit home yet.
>Feeling pretty damn good (and also realizing you never got paid for organizing Providence's desk), you set out to a nearby bookstore and look for Bell's serial.
>While you may not be too interested in him as a romantic partner, his writing sounded cute and interesting enough.
>Might as well pick it up so you've got something to talk about with him, or pass it off to Tally for her enjoyment.
>The book itself is pretty thick, the cover a small golden sketch of a mare and a stallion, fancy writing on the top labeling it "A Night on The Town: Chapters 1-52."
>He publishes a chapter a week if you remember correctly, so it must have been going at least a year, possibly more with breaks.
>You decide to read the blurb on the back before purchasing, just to get an idea of what you're getting into.
>>
>>28066170

A Night on the Town is the Canterlot hit that's been sweeping the newsstands for over a year, telling the stories of Esther Mon and Midnight Stroke, a pair of the most unlikely acquaintances. Esther's the quintessential bookworm, a scientist who's beaten the expectations of his parents and made his own way in the world. Midnight's the Canterlot party mare, with the smarts to boot (and the eye of one aforementioned scientist). She's currently the last in a line of skilled clockmakers, ranging from big to small in her expertise with timepieces. However, while her skill with teensy cogs and gears are unparalleled, her real talent comes in enchanting each of her clocks, often with effects even she doesn't fully realize. All too often, Esther thinks, as her wild experiments and tests end up whisking him off at times ranging from two in the morning to utterly inconvenient. From the depths of Tartarus to the basement of the local candy shop, chaos follows Midnight wherever she goes, who happens to have a penchant for putting herself and her begrudging partner in the stickiest of situations. Love, intrigue, clocks, and more, in A Night on the Town!

>Well, he's not the best with summaries it seems, but Tally would probably like it.
>Maybe you'll get a review from her before sticking your nose in.
>So, you pick up the book and spend a few moments outside the store standing around in the morning sun.
>It's a beautiful day outside, the sun is shining and ponies are all over the streets.
>Best of all, flower-mare is nowhere to be found!
>You could dance (if you weren't bad to the point you'd embarrass yourself in the street)!

>input action
>>
>>28066187

What day is it again? Do we have to wait to go in to the police station?
>>
>>28066243
That happens on saturday/sunday, I think.
>>
>>28066243
It is Tuesday
>>
>>28066261
ah right
>>
>>28066187
I dunno what there is to do. We could just waste another day doing nothing, I guess. Maybe deposit a couple hundred bits in the bank.
>>
>>28066187
>>28067086
>After taking in the sights of the world in front of you for a few minutes, you trot off home.
>There really isn't much to do today, save sit around at home and relax.
>What a hard life you live, having friends who work during the day and having nopony to hang out with.
>And while meeting new friends is hard, you're almost tempted to go and find some you'd be able to see while Tally's at work.
>Almost.
>Your bed's fluffy pillows and the lure of cleaning proves too much today, and you spend the majority of the day alternating between the two.
>As three or four o' clock rolls around you decide that there must be more to life than polishing floors and napping, and so set off from your apartment in search of something, anything to do.
>You make a mental checklist of possibilities of possible fun ideas (which totally isn't limited to just those ideas).
>Head to the market to do some shopping!
>Make a visit to your local library/coffee shop, maybe meet some new ponies!
>A spa visit doesn't sound too bad right about now, but excluding Tally would feel odd.
>As you walk about aimlessly on your quest for things to do, you laugh as you pass by a sign labeled "Cuddle Parlor," then feel a little sad that you'll be cuddle-less until later tonight.

>input action

What a bad prompt. I've been told not to do this but I feel the situation is a bit too open-ended otherwise
>>
hmmm
>>
>>28067274
Go and do some shopping, maybe buy something nice for yourself and/or Tally
>>
>>28068150
I love shopping
>>
>>28069095
>>
>>28069613
>>
>>28070102
>>
>>28068150
>>28068565
>To kill some time you decide to go shopping.
>Everyone likes shopping!
>You eventually decide on a trip to Canterlot's shopping emporium, Dink's.
>It's a funny store, started as a grocery store and branched off from there.
>In fact, it's inspired you to make your own store!
>You trot through the halls of clothes, food, books and what have you, looking for something for yourself and for Tally.
>Eventually you decide on a fuzzy peach blanket for yourself, something to throw under the covers for some extra comfort.
>While deciding what section to search in for Tally's present, you feel a nagging itch from your left ear.
>When you move to scratch it, it turns, now on the back of your head.
>No matter how you try to turn and scratch at it, it always remains facing roughly in the same direction.
>Curious, you position yourself so it irritates your forehead, and look on in horror once you realize what your body was directing you to.
>Ahead of you in the fashion department is a scene of impending carnage, and as you spectate everything seems to happen in slow motion.
>A green mare who must have been running has tripped, and is now hurtling in slow motion towards a large display of plaster outfit models.
>Her basket, filled with clothes, slowly empties as she flails through the air, shirts, dresses, even a saddle spilling out and dropping steadily towards the floor.
>Your hooves feel frozen to the ground, but you've got to do something, anything to stop this steadily approaching destruction of order.

>input action
>>
>>28070451
Throw ourselves in her path. Better us than that expertly-crafted display.
>>
>>28070517
>Only one solution appears in your mind.
>You start galloping, faster than you've ever galloped before, and dive.
>Better she hits you than somepony's delicate and expertly made display piece.
>You close your eyes as you sail through the air.
>You did the right thing today Sharp.
>Being the hero feels good.
>You think about all the congratulations you'll get, having saved that wonderfully made showcase of dresses.
>That mare will thank you, everypony will cheer, and life will be pretty grand!
>Well, you might be a little bruised, but nothing a few hours at home with Nurse Tally won't fix.
>And you'll be able to tell her all about what you did today, about your heroic action!
>As you fly and relish in the light of heroism, you brace yourself for the impending punch to your belly, the mare colliding with you.
>Oddly, it never seems to come.
>You continue sailing onwards, and as you open your eyes realized you've missed her completely.
>She looks at you with terrified eyes as she smashes through a plaster pony and knocks it over, your hooves just brushing her cheek as you hurtle past her.
>How strange, you think to yourself.
>If you missed her, what are you going to hit instead?
>You turn around just in time to crush another setpiece, which thankfully breaks your fall as you smush face first into wall of shelving.
>Dresses and clothes fall around you as the shelves crumble, creating a cocoon of darkness around you.
>This didn't exactly go according to plan.

>input action
>>
>>28070778
NO! FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT
>>
>>28070788
>You scramble to extricate yourself from the clothing pile and look about to see what happened.
>What you see before you is a group of astounded ponies, one very scared looking mare lying in the chunks of a destroyed model as others collapse atop her, and clothes.
>Everywhere.
>Already shelvers are rushing over to the mess, but you're determined to beat them at their own game.
"I-I got it, I got it!"
>You say as shelves continue falling around you, alternating between attempting to hold up shelves and sorting dresses into piles.
>They soon reach you, pleading,
>"M-Mare, please, we can handle this, just wait on-"
"N-No! I-I can fix this, s-sorry s-sorry!"
>You stammer as you continue, ignoring their cries as you continue fixing the problem.
>They soon give up attempting to make you go away, and instead use you to their advantage.
>It takes a while, but eventually you're able to fix everything!
>Well, the display case itself is smashed to bits, plaster and glass and dresses strewn everywhere, but the shelving you knocked over, hooh, it looks good as new!
>You're blocked entirely from trying to get to the display case area, and content yourself helping the mare you originally intended to save out of the pile of models she crushed and with her clothes.
>"W-What were you doing?"
>She asks as you scoop up the frilly saddle she'd been intending to purchase and hoof it back.

>input action
>>
>>28071073
I tried to stop you from crashing into that display, but I... Missed.
>>
>>28071212
"I tried to stop you from crashing into that display, but I... missed."
>You say, blushing.
>The mare laughs,
>"Well, that was very kind of you! Guess it..."
>And she trails off from there.
>"I-It's the thought that counts. Now I need to go home and ice my nose."
>She says as she wanders off.
>As the shock and adrenaline begins to fade, you start feeling pretty achey all over.
>It starts in your nose, throbbing like hell, and travels down from there, your hooves, side, stomach.
>Urg.
>Well, continue shopping or make your way homewards?
>Tally should be home by now, and her cuddles and care should be all you need to get back to full health.

>input action
>>
>>28071304
But we haven't bought anything for Tally yet.
>>
>>28071350
>You make to head home, then realize you haven't bought anything for Tally!
>You hurry to find something suitable before your snootle's pain grows too great to ignore, and decide upon a nice black skirt.
>You got a fancy outfit just a little while back, and Tally doesn't really have one.
>Maybe this would make up for it.
>So after paying it's a brisk and painful walk home, where Tally greets you with open hooves.
>"Sharpie! You're home late today. And why do you have a blanket and a dress?"

>input action
>>
>>28071856
I just thought I'd get you a couple presents.
So here's a dress, and here's some of Bell's romance story.

There was an incident at the store. Messes were made, snootles were hurt. It was terrible.
>>
>>28071877
"Just thought I'd get a couple of presents. While I was out I got a dress for you and part of Bell's romance story. And there was an incident at the store. Messes were made, snootles were hurt. It was awful."
>Tally takes the items gladly, but pauses over your breif story,
>"Snootles hurt? I hope your nose wasn't one of them..."
>But you nod sadly,
>"Oh you poor thing, quick, into the bed."
>Tally says as she leads you to the bedroom and tucks you in.
"T-Tal—"
>"No ifs, ands or buts! I'm going to take care of you Sharpie."
>Tally might be a little overprotective, but this is one of the upsides.
>She demands you stay in bed, wraps you in a cocoon of blankets and takes a seat next to you.
>"Now the story. Tell me what happened."
>So you do.
>You recount your brave heroism, your fall from grace and the cleanup following.
>Your aching body, your poor bruised nose and the atrocities you saw.
>Those poor mannequins.
>Tally nods solemnly,
>"I'm sorry Sharpie, at least you tried. I'm proud of you."
>You get a quick cuddle before she stands, stretches and asks,
>"So, what would my patient like for dinner? And after that I'm thinking some emergency cuddles to heal those aching sides. And an ice pack for the snoot."

>input action
>>
>>28072057
>Tally
>dinner
M-maybe just a sandwich?
>>
>>28072057
How about some noodles?

It's super easy, just put them in boiling water and stir occasionally.
>>
>>28072089
>>28072157
"M-Maybe a sandwich? Or noodles?"
>You say, still remembering her last dinnertime adventure.
"Or maybe I could do i—"
>"No Sharpie, trust me on this one! It'll be the best sandwich noodle surprise you've ever had!"
>And gallops excitedly off to storm the kitchen.
>You're feeling pretty nervous, can't lie there.
>As time goes on, the banging of pots and pans doesn't make you feel any better either, and neither does Tally's occasional swearing.
>But soon enough, a triumphant Tally returns with a smile on her face and an only slightly torched panini on a tray.
>As she places it down, you see a small bowl noodle soup alongside it.
>"Enjoy! And-ah... I-I already ate."
>Tally calls as she sprints back to the kitchen.
>"C-Cuddles and ice pack in a m-few minutes!"

>input action
>>
>>28072494
Silently bemoan the torched bread. How hard is it to lightly toast some bread?

Then dig in.
>>
>>28072494
It's not the best, but it was made just for us, so that's nice.
Now we can enjoy it and think about anything but the current state of the kitchen.
>>
>>28072512
>>28072536
>You mutter some impolite things about how hard it is to toast bread before taking a bite.
>It's not the greatest sandwich you've ever eaten, but it was made specially for you.
>It's the thought that counts.
>So after chowing down on your mediocre sandwich and slurping up some surprisingly good noodle soup (surprising because it tastes good and Tally cooked it!), Tally returns to take your tray.
>After that, she returns with an ice pack and slips into bed with you, holding the ice pack to your nose as she rubs your tummy.
>"Feeling better? Anything else I could do?"
>She whispers into your ear, then nuzzling your cheek with hers.

>input action
>>
>>28072996
No, belly rubs make everything better.
>>
>>28073158
"No, belly rubs make everything better..."
>You sigh, holding the ice pack close.
>Tally's belly rubs and scratches slowly draw you from the aches and pains of heroism and into a world of relaxation.
>And suddenly, the lights go out.
>Tally's warm embrace remains though, and ushers you slowly into the realm of dreams.
>Happy, fun dreams, where your muzzle doesn't hurt.

>You awaken to a kiss on the snoot.
>Tally's moved positions in the night, and now sits in front of you, grinning widely.
>"Morning!"
>She greets, before pecking your cheek and skipping out of bed.
>"I'm late for work now, but waking you up was totally worth it. See ya Sharpie!"
>Before you can even respond or shake the sleep from your head, the door slams and you're all alone.
>Bit of an abrupt way to wake up.
>At least your nose is feeling better.

>input action

And I finally understand, yes, snootles are not for hurting. Snoots are for boops and kisses.
>>
>>28073368
Work it is. We have our thing with Nel, yeah?
>>
>>28073368
To work we go. Got a long day ahead of us most likely.
>>
>>28073405
>>28073426
>Work, work, work.
>You repeat it over and over in your mind as you drag yourself out of bed and stretch out.
>Breakfast, bags, out you go!
>Nice little routine you have, but a little smooch from Tally always helps.
>At work, you spy Nel in the lobby.
>She gives you a wink and slides up next to you.
>Her bandage is gone, but if you look closely you can see the fur looks slightly different around where her wound would have been.
>"Morning Twitch!"
>She says cheerily,
>"Heard I'll be working with you today! That brought a smile to my face, Provvie wanted to meet us inside."
>You follow Nel to Provvie's office, who welcomes both of you in excitedly.
>"Okay! Twitch has got a special job for you today Nel, might run over into tomorrow or the day after as well. Twitch has been assigned to catch a nasty little tail that's been following some of our employees."
>She puts a photo of flowermare down on the table,
>"Got it from Drachma, this is the mare. Now, I'm giving Twitch a fake job. She'll be off delivering another package, this time to nopony. The box is empty, so go wherever you like with it and do whatever you like with it. Use it as a decoy, lure her into a trap with it, that's all up to Twitch. Nel, your job is to aid Twitch in whatever fashion she requests. Think you two can handle that?"
>Nel nods,
>"So, what were you thinking boss?"
>Provvie grins,
>"I'd like to hear your plans too, so fire away! If you've got any extra questions or requests I'd be happy to answer."

>input action
>>
Have my prompts been awful as of late?
>>
>>28074142
I just don't have any good ideas, and was hoping someone else would offer some.
>>
>>28073532
Hmm, well the park was quiet at night, so that might be a decent fake meeting spot. We could park a carriage near there and bag her as she's walking past it to follow us into the park.
>>
>>28073532

I feel like straight up capturing her and beating her up or whatever might be too much here. What if we lose her and have Nel follow her back to her home, then leave some kind of threat to get her to leave us alone? Even better if she has a family or something.

>>28074142

[Spoiler]Could be better.[/spoiler]
>>
>>28074300
>>28074313
"I'm thinking the city park, as it's normally pretty quiet at night. We'll use that as our fake meeting spot. I'll head there, get her to follow me, then lose her. Once we do that, we could go with brute force or a more stealthy approach. Option one would be parking a carriage somewhere and bag her as she exits. Option two would be that after losing her, Nel tracks her home and threatens her there. Or at least remembers her address, so we could follow up later."
>Providence nods,
>"I like the plan. I could certainly provide a carriage for the night if need be. Nel?"
>Nel raises an eyebrow,
>"I like both ideas. I do have to mention though, I'm not the stealthiest pony in the world, or the fastest. I'd suggest you trail her home instead, but I'm guessing she'd catch on pretty fast if you did. Anyway, we've got a while now until night, which is when I'm assuming you want to do this."
>Providence giggles,
>"Well, I do happen to be available tonight, and it's been quite a long time since I've been out in the field. Think you need the help Twitch?"

>input action
>>
>>28074602
Oh, yeah I'd appreciate it. Are you any good at sneaking? I'd rather do this the quiet way if possible.
>>
>>28074668
"Oh, yeah I'd appreciate it. Are you any good at sneaking? I'd rather do this the quiet way if possible."
>Providence shrugs,
>"Might be a little rusty, but stealth was my specialty."
>She says happily,
>"Of course, I might take a slice of the pay, but it won't be too big. You and Nel get to split the lion's share."
>Provvie continues, grinning.
>"And if you'd like some help planning here are my thoughts. You head home and exit later tonight to lure her out. Come to the park where Nel and I are. You lose her, I follow her home, Nel does the threatening once I return with her address."
>Providence then stops, blushes and tugs her dark blue mane nervously.
>"S-Sorry, I'm just used to calling the shots. Didn't mean to, d-does any of that help?"

>input action
>>
>>28074856
No it's alright, that sounds pretty good.
I can't do much more than lead her there anyway, seeing as she knows me.
Is Nel definitely okay to approach her alone though?
I don't know who she's working for but they could be dangerous.
>>
>>28074886
"No, that sounds pretty good actually. I can't do much more than lead her to the park anyway, seeing as she knows me. Is Nel okay to approach her alone though? I don't know who she's working for but they might be dangerous."
>Provvie waves you off,
>"Bah, I'll make sure I follow that mare home, and not to where she works. I'll keep watch for a while if she enters any buildings, just to make sure it's where she sleeps. So unless she sleeps at work, Nel should be in the clear."
>Nel nods,
>"Well, I like the sound of that. Do you think I should bring protection though Twitch? Obviously I'll have my knife, but do you think I'll need something more powerful just in case? It might help with intimidation too."
>Providence opens her mouth to speak, then stops and plasters a hoof over it.

>input action
>>
>>28074995
No no, go ahead Provvy.
>>
>>28074995
Input is welcome Provvie.
>>
>>28074995
What's on your mind Provvie?
Every idea is useful
>>
>>28075008
>>28075028
>>28075096
"No, go ahead Provvie. Your input is just as welcome as mine."
>Providence seems pleased at this development.
>"Oh, really! Well, in that case I would suggest a firearm. Nothing big, just a pistol, but the ability to attack at range would certainly be helpful. Think that's a good idea Twitch?"
>You nod along,
"Just be careful Nel, don't want you getting hurt."
>And Provvie claps her hooves together.
>"Great! I'll get a pistol for you Nel, we'll head over to the park sometime in the afternoon and start our little stakeout. Twitch, just get the mare to us and we'll take it from there. Well, I'll take it from there, you and Nel will have a while to talk until I get back. Are we all set?"

>input action
>>
>>28075193
I think so. Do you think we could still get that carriage? Just in case we have to improvise.
>>
>>28075266
"I think so. Do you think we could still get that carriage? Just in case we have to improvise."
>Provvie nods,
>"Of course, I've got a few spare for company business we could use. Anything else you think we'll need Twitch?"

>input action
>>
>>28075386
I think we're good.
>>
bep
>>
>>28075386
Oh, snacks! Wait nevermind, eating late's bad for you.
>>
>>28076746
>>
beb
>>
>>28081147
>>
>>28081708
>>
>>28075553
>>28077601
"Oh, snacks! Wait, nevermind, eating late is supposed to be bad for you."
>Nel raises an eyebrow,
>"Is that so? Guess I'll have to look into that, I'm a pretty late eater myself."
>Provvie nods,
>"I'm normally one for an early dinner, but I'll bring some snacks and stash them wherever Nel and I will be staked out in the park. Gotta keep up the blood sugar so you don't pass out at a critical moment!"
>She then looks to you,
>"And you're welcome to them too, once we switch out."
"Then I guess we're done here! I'll see you guys tonight, after I lose this mare."
>Nel winks,
>"You betcha Twitch! See you around."
>Provvie follows with another kind farewell,
>"Good luck Twitch!"

>input action

So, would you all like to timeskip to later in the afternoon? Unless there's any preperations to be made, of course.
>>
>>28083248
Can't think of anything to do, beyond getting a bag and maybe an outfit to carry our fake drop.
We should bring the pistol too, just in case.
>>
>>28083364
>After polite goodbyes you set out home to prepare.
>Your saddlebag, a dress, your fake box and your pistol.
>They all easily fit into the saddlebag, and yet another lazy day lies before you.
>Not that you're at all complaining.
>So after your usual routine of cleaning and eating, it's off for a nap until the afternoon.
>Bell's book is gone you notice, perhaps Tally scooped it up on the way to work today.

>Hours later you rub your eyes and sit up in bed, a bit groggy from all your time under.
>Maybe it's better to keep busy...
>Anyway, you've only got a little time to prepare for your job, so what exactly are your plans to catch the mare's eye?
>A route is important first off.
>You're considering a few options, one through downtown with a lot of exposure, another through the area around the Laugh, and one sticking closer by your own neighborhood.
>And outside your route itself, what could you do to catch her eye or once she's following, peak her interest and hint you've got something important to do tonight.

>input action
>>
>>28083780
>>
>>28083780

What if we mimic our job from the other night? That should give a pretty good tip-off that we're doing something suspicious. We could use a similar route too.
>>
>>28083780
>>28084139
Sounds good. Once she's spotted us we can put on a show with the box like taking it out and looking at it or something like that, too.
>>
>>28084213
That's too suspicious, just look a your saddleback A LOT

That will tell her there is something important there without thinking "that's a decoy"
>>
>>28084139
>>28084213
>>28084653
>You decide to mimic last night's job, in an effort to throw your tail, now turned mark, off.
>It serves two purposes, the first being that she'll instantly be suspicious of you.
>The second being that in case she figured you managed to complete the package drop-off the night before, she'll second guess herself now.
>So you slap on the same dress, wear your saddlebags and mane in the same way and set off on the same path.
>Everything the same as last night.
>On the way you make sure to glance at your saddlebags a lot, thinking she might take notice.
>Taking out the box itself would be too obvious, so that should throw her the hint you've got something important without revealing too much.
>And it also makes you feel less nervous about packing your pistol.
>Once in the bar you take a seat and place your saddlebags on your lap, tapping it and generally keeping it close to add to the illusion there's something important inside.
>While you hadn't seen her following at all, shortly after your entrance flowermare appears, this time toting a rather large saddlebag herself.
>She seems a little hesitant and nervous about something.
>In fact, you even notice her turn down a conversation with a stallion because she's too busy keeping her eyes on you.

>input action
>>
>>28085708
Hmm, she's planning something.
Hopefully it doesn't involve bagging us.
Anyway, we stay a while without approaching anyone, then leave frustrated.
>>
>>28085985
I think you hit the nail on the head, anon.
>>
>>28087320
>>
>>28085985
>>28086700
>She's planning something, you know that.
>Tonight you don't approach anyone.
>However, you keep a constant watch on the windows, in hopes your tail thinks you're on the watch tonight.
>After turning away a hopeful stallion, you think you've sealed the idea that you're focusing on work tonight.
>For about an hour you do this, ordering a drink and sitting for the long hall, letting yourself become increasingly annoyed and agitated with time.
>Finally, you stamp your table in a huff, frustrated and pissed.
>After slinging your saddlebag on you walk out, giving a mare trying to come onto you near the door an angry stink eye.
>She backs off pretty quick, but your tail follows rather quickly.
>As you make your way towards the park she fumbles with her bag, trying to retrieve something.
>But for the moment you ignore that and focus on the path you'll be taking to the park.
>You could take the same path as last night, which is rather direct but also takes a few shortcuts through alleyways.
>Or you could try a more open route, which would take you in a roundabout way to the park's entrance at the cost of diverting from you from last night's path.

>input action
>>
>>28089568
Open. Whatever she's planning is unlikely to happen where it can be seen, especially when she realizes we're heading for the quiet park again.
We might be able to use what she's doing to our advantage, but not before our partners can see what's going on too.
>>
>>28089612
I agree. If she's gonna try to bag us, she'll do it in the park.
>>
Am I crazy, or did we have a holster for the gun earlier?
>>
>>28089612
>>28089706
>While it isn't ideal, the open route is a better idea.
>Whatever she's planning probably can't happen in the open, and she'll want to hold off when she realizes where you're going.
>A quiet park will probably be perfect for whatever she has in mind.
>There's still a bit of a crowd out right now, making it easy to lose visibility of her for a second or two.
>But she follows dutifully and the two of you travel under the streetlights for a good while, flowermare following every step of the way.
>Her expression visibly changes for the better when you start nearing the park, which is both a exciting and frightening concept.
>As normal, the park is rather quiet tonight, only two ponies visible from the entrance.
>Sadly, neither of them are Provvie or Nel.
>You might need a plan to find them or get deep enough into the park that they'll have spotted you from wherever they've holed up.

>input action

>>28089734
You do have one. The gun is with Sharpie right now in her bag, but I can say she's had it holstered this whole time. It rests on her inner thigh, so it's not easily visible and wouldn't impact any of the events thus far.
>>
>>28089799
If I had to guess I'd say they would be somewhere they could watch as many of the park entrances as possible, or failing that they'd be near one of the entrances with a carriage nearby. Although if I were them I'd have split at this point, with Provvie in the park watching and Nel near the carriage waiting for her part.

Also yeah, if we have one I'd prefer it was holstered. I thought I was going crazy and just thinking of Heat.
>>
>>28089850
>As you trot in you look about, squinting at the other entrances in sight.
>At the leftmost entrance you can see a carriage parked outside the gates, and the other visible entrances are empty.
>You can't view the northernmost entrance from your position, but you're going to hazard a guess and decide that the carriage is Provvie's.
>However there's no ponies nearby it, and while the lights inside it are lit, it's too far for you to be able to see if anypony was inside.
>In the park itself there's a few places Provvie could be hiding, if she's hiding at all.
>There's a good few trees around, the denser forest itself, the hedges and bushes making up the garden section of the park.
>Even though her coat is snow white, you'd have a hard time finding her here.
>Behind you, the mare has finished fiddling with her bag, and there's now a leather satchel around her neck, something weighing it down at the front.
>In addition, you can see rope hanging out of her bag.
>She doesn't seem to worry much at your turning around to look at her either, which is strange behavior for her.

>input action
>>
>>28090085
Well that's not good. Whatever she has is bad news, and if it's not a gun it's probably designed to knock us out. We should head for the carriage.
We're not going to lose her at this point without making it clear we know she's following, so plan B is better.
We'll just have to hope Provvie and Nel pick up on things quickly, and if she throws something at us we're probably best off rolling and holding our breath.
If there's no one at the carriage then maybe we could get in one side and out the other without her seeing. We might be able to give her the slip and let the plan proceed as normal.
>>
>>28090085
At this point, she's making her move on us, which means we're in trouble.
If we get bagged, we're probably going to be used as a hostage if our friends try to help us.

On the other hand, the park isn't totally empty, so if shots are fired, ponies are going to come running. That's both a benefit and a hindrance to us.

Basically, we need help. Head for the carriage.
>>
beb
>>
>>28090206
>She's starting to make a move, in essence forcing your hoof.
>Right now you're putting your life in Nel and Provvie's hooves, and how quickly they can pick up things are going awry.
>It's time to head for the carriage, where hopefully help lies.
>You continue at your current pace to avoid any suspicion, and as you approach the exit you can spot Nel in the front seat of the carriage.
>You let out a sigh of relief, help is here.
>However, as you approach the exit to the park your tail grows increasingly uneasy, and once it's clear you're heading out of the park she begins fumbling with her leather pack.

>input action
>>
>>28091347
Are there any benches nearby?
>>
>>28091347
Shit. How close is she, and how far from the carriage are we?
>>
>>28091415
>>28091431
>Around you, there's two benches, both empty and one to either side of the pathway out of the park.
>The mare is about five yards behind you, and the carriage maybe fifteen ahead.
>It wouldn't take long to get out of the park and to the carriage, but the mare would probably have some time to react.
>Nel is watching you from the carriage, and while Provvie isn't in sight you're sure she's around.

>input action
>>
beb
>>
File: 20160806_172359.jpg (3MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160806_172359.jpg
3MB, 2560x1920px
>>28091955
If we go directly to the car, she will know that's our ally, shit will turn dangerous if she feels outnumbered

Walk towards the front of the car heading to the next street, that way the car will end up behind her.

Now the danger is
The window of time before the car moves, could be enough to give her an oportunity to bag us.

But it's worth it

>pic related
9000hours working in this masterpiece
>>
>>28091955
Shit. We want her eyes off that carriage when she catches up. It'll give Nel the opportunity to move closer out of sight.
At this point there aren't whole lot of options left. We either run, which we're bad at, turn around and tackle her, which we're also bad at, or maybe try draw our gun on her, which might work well but could possibly get us shot.

>>28092087
She's going to act before we're out of the park.
>>
>>28091955
Honestly?

Us getting captured might be a blessing in disguise.

Sure it'll suck for us, but with our friends that close? It'll make it easy to follow her.
>>
>>28092374
If we're letting her get close we should try stepping to the side to keep her eyes off Nel.
>>
I agree, we should slow down and step to the side and make ourselves a bigger target while making sure Nel can see us and flower mare can't see Nel.
>>
>>28092087
>>28092105
>>28092374
>>28092464
>You take a deep breath and shake your head.
>Whatever happens, this might get ugly.
>First things first you formulate a plan.
>She'll probably act before you exit the park, but the streets outside look pretty empty too, which means that might buy you some time.
>You continue on your path out of the park and take a deep breath.
>Inside the carriage, you notice Nel talking into what looks like a radio, and keeping her eyes away from the two of you.
>The mare behind you doesn't notice this, she's entirely focused on you and growing more anxious by the second.
>She now holds something in one of her hooves, but she's covering it from view.
>You now stand on the sidewalk outside the park, facing towards the sidewalk ahead of the carriage and with the uneasy feeling flowermare's eyes are boring into the back of your skull.

>input action
>>
>>28092621
Walk in front of the carriage and around its side.
As soon as she's passed the front of it and has her back to Nel we turn around and confront her.
>>
>>28092621
Make sure to look both ways before crossing the street.
>>
>>28092715
>turn around and confront her

Better to pretend to drop something or otherwise look distracted so she's forced to act first.
>>
>>28092715
>>28092773
>>28092869
>Still hoping your luck lasts, you step out into the street and walk directly in front of the carriage.
>Thankfully, it does, and Nel does her best to look as inconspicuous as possible.
>After watching the two of you walk from the driver's seat for a second or so, she closes her eyes and pretends to fall asleep.
>Not the greatest of trickeries, but it'll have to do.
>You then trot around Nel and forward for a moment, stopping just after reaching the back of the carriage.
>Here's the tricky bit.
>You stop for a moment, looking up to the sky in an effort to appear distracted.
>The moon's waning tonight, almost full, but with a sliver missing.
>In a perfect world you would have dropped something, but there wasn't really enough time to get something out to fumble.
>Nothing happens.
>For an eternity you sit and stare towards the sky, heart thumping in your chest as you leave yourself utterly vulnerable.
>After what was probably only a few seconds, you turn around to speak and that's when she strikes.
>Something smacks you in the side of the head, and in shock you stumble and fall against the back of the carriage.
>"I-I'm sorry..."
>She says guiltily as she swings again, whacking you across the muzzle and into unconsciousness.

>"Provvie! P-Provvie!"
>Nel calls over the radio.
>You're still at the edge of the park, and since Sharp walked around the back of the car you've been blind to what's been happening.
>"I-I just saw the mare whack Twitch with something twice, and now she's lying against the carriage. She's tying her up now, I-I think she's just unconscious."
"Shit..."
>You swear.
>"I-I've got my pistol, should I go out and shoot her?"

>input action
>>
>>28093417
No, the gun is for self defense, and all this mare has is a club. We have the element of surprise.
Jump on her from behind, or better yet above if we can get on the roof quickly.
>>
>>28093417
Don't shoot her.

She didn't spot me. If we jump her at the same time, we can get her club and knock her unconscious before she can drag Twitch away.

Time it with me, don't get out too early and let her run.
>>
>>28073368
>>28093417

Why do you lie to us, Aight?
Your snootles will never get lasting love.
Your snootles are for abuse.
>>
>>28093553
>Hit in the muzzle with a metal club.
Yeah, that snootle's broken.
>>
>>28093553
>>28093575

To be fair, Aight didn't hurt this snootle, we did. We knew the risks.

>>28093417

Jump on the mare from behind and beat the snootle out of her and tie her up with her own rope. Nice of her to bring the materials for us.
>>
>>28093752
Equestria is hostile towards snootles.
>>
#notallsnoots
>>
>>28093786
>>28093804

If all snootles were safe then we wouldn't be needed.
>>
>>28093481
>>28093509
>>28093752
"Don't! Don't shoot her. All she has is that club and we have the element of surprise. She didn't spot me, and if we jump her at the same time we can knock her unconcious with her own club before she can drag twitch off. Time it with me, don't get out early and let her run."
>Over the radio, Nel breathes heavily,
>"Okay, okay."
>You creep out from the park and across the road,
"On three... One, two..."
>You go silent for a moment, then cry
"THREE!"
>As you sprint about the carriage and jump onto the mare.
>Nel exits the car shortly after and kicks her into the side as you scramble for the club, continuing to whale on her as you rush back and clock her a final time.
>Her head lolls back and she slumps against the metal, then slides sideways and thumps softly against the sidewalk.
>You and Nel spend a moment staring at each other over her body, breathing heavily.
>"O-Okay..."
>Nel starts,
>"W-What now?"

>input action
>>
>>28094187
Now you tie her up with the rope she conveniently provided and put her the carriage while I make sure Twitch is okay.
>>
>>28094187
Even if no one's around, we're still in public. Lift her and Twitch into the carriage first and close the doors, then we tie her up, blindfold her, and drive back to the Laugh.
>>
>>28094222
Don't forget to search every inch of her.
I assume Kis told us how we nearly got burned by that police officer, let's not make the same mistake twice.
>>
>>28094187

Search her, tie her, toss both the unconscious poners into the van, and get the hell out of dodge.
>>
>>28094208
>>28094222
>>28094358
>>28094254
>The two of you spend a few minutes tying up the mare and then untying Sharp.
>After that you grab everything both mares had and throw them into the carriage, Nel driving while you check on the two in the back.
>Sharp comes first.
>She's breathing and looks fine, just unconscious.
>However, it looks like she's going to be enjoying a nasty bump on the head and a busted snootle for a while, considering all the blood her nose is leaking onto your white coat.
>After stroking her mane for a bit and patting her head (far away from the bump), you shift her to sleep on the other seat as you inspect your new captive.
>She looks a lot worse for wear, Nel managed to get a few good kicks off on her before you finally clocked her on the head.
>Her chest is bruised up, she's got a black eye and finally, a similar bump to the one Sharp has on the head.
>In her satchel you find the metal club she used to whack out Sharp and more rope, nothing else.
>Seems you'll have some interrogation to do.
>After fitting a blindfold over her eyes the two of you drive on back to the Laugh, where Sharp snorts and her eyes fly open.

>You hear words, talking.
>It's fuzzy though, and some laughs are there too.
>Your eyes jolt open and searing pain travels through you, your nose and head both really, really hurt.
>Suddenly you realize you're now inside the carriage, Provvie sitting next to you and giving you a gentle smile.
>"Good to see you're awake sleepyhead! And sweet Celestia, you are bleeding a lot, let's get you out of here before it starts dribbling all over the car seats."

>input action
>>
>>28094588
Y-yeah. Thanks for the save.

Please tell me I don't look as bad as I feel.
>>
>>28094588
Looks like we did this just in time.
>>
>>28094693
This.

She was gonna make her move tonight. It's really lucky that we decided to set up a trap.
>>
>>28094588
I cant wait to pinch her nipples to extract information
>>
>>28094588
O-oh dear, we can't go home looking beat up.
>>
>>28094903
I think we should step back from this one, actually.
Mostly because we might be a little bit biased in how we treat her, given that she smacked us in the head and broke our snooter the day after Tally fixed it.
>>
>>28094912

Maybe we should sleep at the Laugh tonight; we can call Tally and let her know so she doesn't worry, just tell her we're going to be working late and think we'll just crash there rather than wander home in the dark and half-asleep.
>>
>>28094626
>>28094693
>>28094715
"Y-Yeah, thanks for the save..."
>You moan as you rub your head.
"I'm glad we set this trap tonight, if we didn't I could have been in a very bad situation right now."
>That's going to hurt for a while.
"P-Please tell me I don't look as bad as I feel."
>Providence then bites her lip and cocks her head,
>"I... Well, there's kind of blood all over-"
>She says, waving a hoof all over your chest.
>"All over it."
>You look down for yourself and jump back slightly in shock.
"O-Oh my! I-I can't go home looking like this, i-is all this from my--"
>You tap your nose and another zing of searing pain goes through you.
"M-My snoot!"
>You say unhappily, remembering all the hard work Tally put into making it better for you.
>That mare will pay...
>"Yep, your little muzzle got quite the whack... Probably broken. I feel pretty bad about it actually."
>Provvie apologizes as she leads you into the Laugh.
>"Do you want to sleep here tonight? I know you've got a roommate, this might be a little awkward, and I can get you to a doctor in the morning."

>input action
>>
>>28095157
Yeah, I had better give her a call.
>>
we should take a moment to at least acknowledge to ourself that the mare clearly wasn't keen on this course of action. It's entirely possible she's in a similar situation to us.
>>
>>28095216
Yeah, she did apologize to us before, you know, smacking us across the face.
I'm not too sympathetic for her, since we easily could have ended up in the same situation if things went her way.
>>
>>28095171
>>28095216
>>28095232
"Yeah, I better give her a call..."
>You say as you shake out and stumble inside to a phone.
>Man, everything is really bright in here.
>You punch Tally's number into the phone and yawn as the dial tone chimes into your ear.
>A sleepy Tally picks up,
>"H-Hello?"
>She stammers,
"Hey Tally? I'm working late tonight and I'm just letting you know I'm gonna crash here tonight. So don't worry about me, alright?"
>She seems a bit confused at this development, but quickly accepts it.
>"Oh? Aw, I was going to ask if your nose was feeling any better..."

>input action
>>
>>28095216
Are you feeling bad for her because she said sorry?

What if I take a shit in your house and broke your nose? Would you forgive me because I say sorry during the act?
>>
>>28095383
>Everything is really bright in here.
Oh joy, concussion too.

Well... Not good. There was an accident and I hurt my nose again, worse this time.
I think it's broken, and I'm gonna go see a doctor first thing tomorrow.

D-don't worry though, I'm fine. Everything's okay.
>>
Dealing with a bit of an emergency at the moment. Sorry.
>>
>>28095427
"Well... Not good. I had another accident and hurt my nose again, worse this time. I-I think it's broken, I'm gonna see a doctor first thing tomorrow."
>Even through the phone you can feel Tally worrying,
>"S-Sharpie, are you alright?"
"No, I'm fine Tally. Everything's okay."
>She takes a deep breath into the receiver,
>"As long as you're sure Sharp."
>And you chuckle,
"I'm sure, I'm sure Tally. I'll probably see you tomorrow."
>"Okay. You better make up for my lost cuddles though. With interest."

>input action
>>
>>28091156
Haven't caught up yet but I see we're on page 10
>>
>>28095398
You example is an absurd situation different from what was happening here.
All I meant is her behavior was telling during the act and we should take it into account.
Emotional outburst aimed at someone possibly coerced into doing something are unwise.
Just pointing it out before anything happens involving her.
>>
>>28096236
As if I've ever failed to pony up on owed cuddles.
I'll see you tomorrow, Tally.

Then clean up and hit the hay
>>
So, what's our story for the doctor and Tally?
>>
>>28097924
Not sure how the law works with things like this.
My first thought would be to just say we got into a fight and aren't interested in pressing charges.
>>
>>28096236
>>28097699
>You scoff,
"As if I've ever failed to pony up on owed cuddles. I'll see you tomorrow Tally."
>She yawns again through the receiver,
>"Sure, stay safe."
>And hangs up.
>You stand by the phone for a moment before trotting into the Laugh's private bathroom and washing up.
>It's nice and dark here, and you spend a while getting half-dried blood out of your fur with paper towels.
>When sufficiently clean (and making a mental note to take a shower as soon as you get home), you stumble into one of the back-room bunkbeds and snuggle up for some well deserved nap time.

>You awaken the next day and instantly regret it.
>It hurts to move your snooter at all, and you wince when the lights come up and Provvie calls,
>"You up yet Sharpie?"
>After a few moments, you work up the nerve to respond and force yourself from bed.
"I'm up, I'm up..."
>You mumble as you climb out of bed, and Provvie quickly falls in line as you walk.
>"Feeling any better?"
"Not really..."
>You mumble, rubbing your head.
>"Well, I've made a appointment for you with the company doctor. Same guy who fixed Nel up. Do you want to discuss pay first or do you want to get over to him ASAP."

>input action
>>
>>28099048
Doctor first
>>
>>28099048
Snoot fixer please ;_;
>>
beb
>>
>>28098105
I dunno how that would work with Tally. She knows us, and more importantly she knows that we would never get in a fight. Plus she'd flip if she heard that someone attacked us/started a fight with us while we were working.

The only thing I could think of for Tally is along the lines of 'We were just working, and this belligerent pony smacked us across the face, then hits us in the nose while we were down, and we passed out. We didn't really get a good look at them, it all happened so fast.'
>>
>>28101411
We're talking to a private mob doctor at this point, so we're unlikely to need excuses.
Don't know about Tally though.
>>
>>28099070
>>28099078
"D-Doc first."
>You moan, and gesture to your muzzle.
"I need this snoot patched fast."
>And Provvie winces.
>"Okay, I'll get you right over."

>You're sent off in a car to an office building, then told to visit the third floor suite.
>Inside is a private practice office, where you wait a little before being led into a back room and met by a green unicorn.
>"So I've been told we've got a broken muzzle on our hooves, eh?"
>He asks and you nod sadly,
>"One of the worst injuries in my opinion. Painful, no booping for a fortnight or so. Damn shame it is."
>He muses as his horn glows and your muzzle lights up, showing the bones and flesh beneath.
>"Well, the good news is that it's rather minor. It'll be good as new in four, maybe five days. This might hurt a bit."
>Your muzzle shifts slightly to the left and your vision clouds, a small yelp of pain escaping your lips.
>"All done! All done, I just need to bandage you up now."
>He says as he retrieves some gauze and some bandages to patch you up.
>"Just remember, no booping or touching your nose for the next week or so. I don't want anything to disturb the magic holding it together now."
>He then steps back,
>"And your head? How does it feel? Heard you got a pretty nasty bump yesterday. Of course, you don't have to tell what happened, but I'm always up to hear your war stories."

>input action
>>
>>28101512
It's not much of a story, I got hit twice with a piece of metal and knocked out.

Lights are really bright, and my head hurts.
>>
>>28101512
>No boops for a week
N-no.
>>
>>28101512
It was a club, and I got smacked with it.
>>
>>28101555
>>28101641
>>28101672
"Not much of a story really. I got hit twice with metal club and was knocked out."
>The stallion winces,
>"May not be much of a story, but I certainly wouldn't trade places with you..."
"Y-Yeah I guess... And my head really hurts. Sometimes I think lights are a lot brighter than I used to see them too, but that's probably nothing."
>Your doctor raises an eyebrow,
>"No, that probably means you're mildly concussed."
>You don't give much other than a grunt of acknowledgement.
>"There isn't much I can do for that, other than lessen the pain and tell you not to bump your head for a while or do anything strenuous."
>Your head glows with magic for a moment and all the pain dulls, even that in your muzzle!
>"Safe travels, young mare."
>He says with a gentle smile, then moves to usher you out.
>However, full severity of the situation hits you, and you stop him to plead,
"I-Is there really no way for me to be booped? A-A week is a long time, I-I don't know how long I can last unbooped!"
>The stallion shakes his head solemnly.
>"I'm sorry, but there's no other way, you'll have to cope. I can perscribe a medication to help though if you're boop-dependant. Boop withdrawl is a serious condition, I've dealt with it myself. Itchy snooter, shaky hooves around the muzzles of others, awful side-effects. Would you like me to write something up?"

>input action
>>
>>28101771
N-no, we'll tough it out. Drugs are for quitters!
>>
>>28101771
I think I'll switch to belly rubs, ear scratches, and cuddles to tide me over. Thank you, though.
>>
>>28101791
"N-No!"
>You declare.
"Drugs are for quitters, I can tough it out!"
>The stallion nods,
>"With an attitude like that I'm sure you can do it! Just remember, no matter how atractive an option it may seem, self-booping is never the answer."
>You nod as you trot determined from the room,
"Don't worry doc! You can count on me."

>You're rather impressed at how fast your service was, and are back at the Laugh in an hour, tops.
>Normally there'd be waiting at the clinic or hospital or what-have-you, but today it was a snap!
>After your return you take a seat with Nel and Provvie to discuss payment.
>Provvie starts,
>"Well, I think we can all agree Twitch is in for a sizeable bonus here. I was planing on spliting 1000 bits between the two of you, but does 650 for Twitch and 500 for Nel sound reasonable to both of you?"
>Nel shrugs and looks to you,
>"I'd personally want some alone time with this gal thrown in too."

>input action
>>
>>28101937
That sounds fair to me. Maybe some alone time with her would be nice. Not to beat her up, of course, just to give her a piece of my mind.

Also, I don't know if he told you, but Drachma put a 5,000 bit bounty on her capture. Do you think we should split that too?
>>
>>28102040
Or do you guys think we should take it all ourselves?
>>
>>28102156
Nah, I think sharing is good. Positive work relations are valuable.
>>
>>28102166
Okay, I'm glad I'm not alone, I just wanted to check.
>>
>>28102269
Sorry. I should post more but I usually agree.
>>
>>28101937
You know, after we end the interrogation we could leave this mare over to Drachma's

There's a 5,000 bounty on her, we could split that up.
>>
>>28103278
>>
>>28102040
>>28102156
>>28102166
>>28102269
>>28102355
"That sounds fair to me. Some alone time would be nice, just to give her a piece of my mind."
>Provvie nods,
>"Okay, I can grant that."
"Goody! And I'm not sure if Drach told you, but he put a 5000 bit bounty on her capture. Do you think we could split that too?"
>Provvie freezes for a moment,
>"Oh? 5-5000 bounty? W-Why yes, we should split that as well I suppose."
>She says uncomfortably, tapping the table with a hoof.
>"M-Maybe three even ways. 1666 bits each?"

>input action
>>
>>28103970
Sure, that's a nice number.
>>
>>28103970
That sounds fair to me.
>>
>>28103985
>>28103993
>Elated that it works out evenly (with two remainder too!) you grin and gladly accept.
>Nel does the same, and while Providence looks a little pissy, the three of you all agree on an even split.
>After a moment's silence, Provvie brings the table back to conversation.
>"So, would you want that private time now or later? I assume you want no part in the interrogation."
>She asks, slightly huffy.

>input action
>>
>>28104316
Now is alright, and after that, I'd kind of like to go home and rest, if that's okay.

You okay Provvie? you seem a little agitated.
>>
>>28104316
I Imagine you don't you have one of those one sided mirrors to look through.

I would like to observe without taking part, my snootle can't possibly handle shouting anytime soon.
>>
>>28104316
Are you okay Provvie?
>>
Provvie's mad about Drachma bump
>>
>>28104355
>>28104549
>>28104583
"Now is alright, and after that I'd kind of like to go home and rest if that's okay. My poor snootle can't handle any yelling or shouting right now, so I doubt I'd be of use."
>Provvie nods,
>"Understood, you need your rest. As do I after such a night. Forgot how taxing and stressful field work really is. After the interrogation Nel and I'll probably hit the hay, so don't feel like you're missing out on much."
>She says with a slightly annoyed tone.
"You okay Provvie? You seem a little agitated."
>She grumbles,
>"Yeah, yeah, it's nothing. Just go get your alone time, she's waiting in the first room on the left up there."

>input action
>>
>>28105581
She was okay until we mentioned Drachma.
Looking back I think it would probably have been a good idea to mention his bounty at the start.
She might be a little upset about him giving jobs to us directly and not through her.
We can talk to her about that later though. Right now we can head up and take a look at flower mare.
>>
>>28106254
Couldn't have said it better
>>
beb
>>
>>28107332
>>
>>28107972
>>
>>28106254
>>28106821
>She seems a little pissed, perhaps about you getting jobs through Drachma instead of her.
>But no matter, you can talk to her later about that when she's not feeling as pissy.
>You thank her and head to the rooms upstairs, ducking into the one with your mare inside.
>Like the cops previously, she's bound and gagged, sitting in the center of the room, moaning quietly.
>She tenses up at the door's opening and closing, her ears flicking instantly to the source of the sound.
>She muffles something through her gag, then falls silent.

>input action
>>
>>28108486
Take off the gag first, then introduce ourself as Twitch and ask what we should call her.
>>
>>28108520
>Time to introduce yourself.
>You take off her gag but leave the blindfold on, and she quickly spits out,
>"T-Thank you... I-I was having trouble breathing."
>After letting her take a few deep breaths you take a seat and speak.
"I'm Twitch. What should I call you?"
>The mare sighs,
>"Sharp, listen, I-I'm sorry about what I did. A-And call me Violet."

>input action
>>
>>28109125
It's Twitch while you're here Violet, understand?
>>
>>28109171
>Annoyed, you steel your voice and reply harshly,
"It's Twitch while you're here Violet, understand?"
>She pauses for a moment, takes a big gulp and fearfully nods.
>"Y-Yes Twitch. Yes I understand Twitch."

>input action
>>
>>28109258

I know you're sorry, but that doesn't fix it. Honestly, I'm more than a little upset.

I'm not here to interrogate you, other ponies will handle that, but darn it, I'd like an explanation.
>>
>>28109258
I'm upset about my snoot, but I can tell this wasn't something you were keen on doing.
I'm not here to hurt you, I just wanted to give you the opportunity to explain your side of things to me.
>>
>>28109288
>>28109268
>Lessening the intensity of your voice but still keeping a little edge to it, you speak again,
"I know you're sorry and that you weren't too keen on doing this either, but sorry doesn't fix it. I'm more than a little upset honestly, mostly about my snoot. But I'm not here to interrogate or hurt you, other ponies will handle that."
>After seeing her tense up again, you quickly restate what you said,
"Hopefully only the former, which I can guarantee if you're cooperative."
>She still squirms a little, but you put a hoof to her chest to calm her down.
"I just want to hear your side of this. You need an opportunity to explain too."
>Violet lies silent for a moment in thought.
>"Sh-Twitch, I-I don't know. It was just a job, following you about, reporting what you did that day. Some other ponies too, but I-I'd never been given an assignment like last night. I-I didn't want to hurt you, I don't know you personally. If you're a mean drug dealer or something I guess I'd feel less bad, but all I really know is your address, where you work, your name and your routine now. You don't seem like a bad mare."

>input action
>>
>>28109367
So what changed that made you have to kidnap me?
>>
>>28109367
Well, I can tell you I don't sell drugs. Do you know why you were told to take me?
>>
>>28109378
>>28109396
"Well, I can tell you I don't sell drugs. But what changed that made you have to kidnap me?"
>Violet says nothing.
>"I... I overheard something. I wasn't personally given a reason, I don't think they wanted me to know. But I was napping in the office late at night, and I woke up while my boss and some other pony were talking. They were talking about you."
>She moans and struggles with her restraints.
>"O-Oh Celestia, I'm dead. Dead, dead, dead, when they find out I got busted. They're already probably worried I didn't show up last night. A-Actually wait, what time is it? How long was I out? F-Fuck my head hurts."

>input action
>>
>>28109541

Listen, Violet. The ponies here aren't bad ponies. They're very fair, and can even be quite nice. I can promise you that if you cooperate with us you'll be treated a lot better here than it sounds like you will be back at your place. We won't just take what we need from you and toss you out to your fate. You help us and we'll help you. Now, my boss will probably want to hear all the details later, but do you want to give me a general explanation now of who you work for and what they do, so I can let my boss know that you plan to cooperate?
>>
>>28109541
It's the morning after. I think it's around 10:30 by now.

Don't say this:
This information is worrying. Whatever's happened, we're a target. They know our schedule, where we live, our place of work, and they want us.
How hard would it be for someone else to break into our house, club us in our sleep, and kidnap us? Maybe ambush us somewhere on our way home?

Frankly, I'm kind of scared. Think we could convince Tally to set up her magical security?
>>
>>28109541
Calm down Violet. The ponies who are going to talk to you later aren't that bad. Tell them what you know and I'm sure something can be worked out.
>>
>>28109623
We're going to have to address things, but it would be better to address them at work than at home. This group, whoever they are, will need dealing with.
>>
>>28109582
>>28109623
>>28109648
>>28109667
>Starting to worry yourself, you stammer,
"It's the morning after, a-about 10:30. And listen Violet, the ponies here aren't bad ponies. They're very fair, and can even be quite nice at times! I promise that if you cooperate with us you'll be treated a lot better than it sounds like you were back at your place. You'll help us, we'll help you. Now, my boss will probably want to hear all the details later, but do you want to give me a general explanation now of who you work for and what they do, so I can let my boss know that you plan to cooperate?"
>While you speak calmly, inside your mind you're going into fear overdrive.
>You're a target now, that's readily apparent.
>Your address, name, daily routine, all known.
>Maybe you should have acted a little earlier on this mare...
>"H-How can I trust you? You've got me trussed up here, I'm in no position to negotiate. All I have is my knowledge, that's my only bargaining chip. I-I beat you up! What incentive do you have to help me?"

>input action
>>
>>28109927
I'm not a monster Violet. I've had to do things in this job I didn't want to too. I might not like you but I don't want anyone dead because of me.
>>
>>28109927
You don't seem like a bad mare either, and I'd rather you not get hurt any more.
>>
>>28109989
>>28109996
"I'm not a monster Violet. You don't seem like a bad mare either, and I don't want you to get hurt any more than you have been, and certainly not killed."
>She nods,
>"A-Alright. I work for a stallion named Stoney. Most days I don't go in to see him, but some days I do. Whenever I need advice or when I complete a job I visit. I'm a freelancer I guess? There's some ponies I know who come in every day and do office work with him, but I don't really know what they do. And they're nice there, just a little... Intense. Don't like failure. They probably wouldn't kill me, I-I was exaggerating there."

>input action
>>
>>28110177
Hmm, well if you're happy with "probably" then alright. All the same, you should try to stay on my coworkers' good sides. I think our bosses might be talking to each other soon anyway, which would probably be the best way to sort this out.
>>
>>28110177
And you're really sure you don't know why they're going after me?

I'm glad we could talk, Violet. I don't think we'll see each other again, but best of luck, and I'll put in a good word for you.

Then we go and tell Provvy what we found out and how screwed we are.
>>
>>28110177

Who is Stoney? What does he do? Why is he interested in us? We want to help you but you have to give us more first.
>>
>>28110215
>>28110221
"Well, if you're happy with probably, then alright. All the same, you should try to stay on my co-workers' good sides. I think our bosses might be talking to each other soon anyway, which would be the best way to sort this out."
>She nods.
>"They won't kill me... I'm just paranoid. Might rough me up a little, but your guys sound nice too. I might need to think for a little while."
>She sighs, and you decide to start wrapping up here.
"Are you really sure you don't know why they're going after me?"
>Violet perks up,
>"Oh! That time, where I was napping at work? Stoney and some stallion were talking in his office. They were talking about you, and I was kinda half asleep, but I think he's the one who's paying and got me assigned to follow you."

>input action
>>
>>28110354
What did this stallion look like?
>>
>>28110381
"What did he look like?"
>Violet tenses up again.
>"I-I didn't see him, they were talking in his office late at night... I was just napping, sleeping actually. I never got a look at the guy, I think I was probably asleep by the time he left. I-I'm sorry Twitch, I never expected to end up in this... This sort of situation."

>input action
>>
>>28110626
It's okay. If you don't know, you don't know.
>>
>>28110626
Fair enough. Do you remember anything that they said?
>>
>>28110647
>>28110672
>>28110221
"It's okay. If you don't know, you don't know. Do you remember anything they said."
>She strains for a moment, then moans,
>"Sorry, I-I'm trying to remember but it's really fuzzy."
>She struggles with her bonds again and murmurs,
>"This headache isn't helping much either."
>Feeling you aren't going to get much more out of the poor mare, you stand and stretch out.
>"I'm glad we could talk Violet. I don't think we'll see each other again, but best of luck. I'll put in a good word for you too."
>You then open the door and walk out, down the stairs and quickly into Provvie's office.
>Nel and her are waiting patiently, Provvie seeming a little calmer than when you'd first left.
>"Well?"
>She asks.
>"Willing to share what happened?"
>Nel smiles and chuckles as she gives you a grin.
>"Are we going to see it for ourselves?"

>input action
>>
>>28110786
Hmf, I didn't touch her. She's willing to cooperate, but I honestly don't think she knows much.
Her boss is called Stoney apparently. Some stallion he talked to paid to have me followed.
>>
>>28110786
I didn't even try to interrogate her, but she's really talkative.

She's working for a stallion called Stoney, some stallion paid him to get somepony to follow me, and whoever he is, he knows my name, address, where I work, whatever she's seen me do since she started following me, and my daily routine.
Which... Isn't good, to say the least.
>>
>>28110786
She's willing to cooperate, so there shouldn't be any need to get rough. She'd probably be willing to trade her safety for everything she knows.

Provvy, I need to talk to you after you're done.
>>
>>28110819
>>28110843
>>28110862
>You scrunch a little at Nel, then wince in pain.
>The struggle of living a snootless life for the next week.
"I didn't touch her Nel, and she's willing to cooperate too. Didn't even try to interrogate her, she's really talkative. Probably willing to trade her safety for everything she knows. She's working for a stallion named Stoney. Provvy, I need to talk when you're done as well."
>Provvie seems a bit worried, especially when she hears "Stoney."
>"L-Listen, are you sure you don't want to just talk now? Nel can respect our privacy, a-and I'm sure you want to get home ASAP to sleep off that concussion of yours."

>input action
>>
>>28110923
Okay, sure. We can talk now.

She, Stoney, and whoever paid him know enough about me to jump me at any time during my day, even at night.
They know my routine, where I live, where I work, my name, pretty much everything about me that's worth knowing, and well, I'm scared and don't know what to do.
>>
>>28110969
"Okay, sure. We can talk now."
>Provvie gives Nel a look and scratches her head,
>"W-Why don't you go get a head start on our mare."
>And Nel politely obliges.
>After the door shuts, you turn back to Provvie, wide eyed.
"She, Stoney, and whoever paid him know enough about me to jump me at any time during my day, even at night. They know my routine, where I live, where I work, my name, pretty much everything about me that's worth knowing, and well, I'm scared and don't know what to do."
>Provvie's eyes follow yours, and she mouths,
>"Shit..."
>Before she steps back and starts pacing back and forth behind her desk.
>"W-Why you? Why not me? Why not someone more important, why not Drachma, why you? And someone paid him? So there's a third party here. Well, that means Stoney doesn't have any personal interest in you, but someone else does."
>She continues pacing for a moment, then takes a deep breath.
>"Well, I know one thing, and you're lucky for it. Nobody in... Nobody in our business is concerned with you, outside the fact you're a paycheck now. That means you're still under the radar, and this is someone who doesn't have the resources paying to someone who does to get the job done. Bad, but not impossible to deal with."
>She falls silent again, tapping her chin.

>input action
>>
>>28111234
So... What you're saying is that this could be somepony with a personal vendetta against me? Maybe from one of my previous jobs?

I told your sister about this, but there were two more stallions that were following me. One was black with a grey mane and spark cutie mark, the other was a blue stallion with an aqua mane, whom I haven't seen since the night I spotted him.
Oh, and Drachma has a 5,000 bit bounty on the blue stallion too.

So what do I do, Provvie?
>>
>>28111343

Well, at least we seem to be a popular mare recently.
>>
>>28111343
Wasn't the first stallion we suspected of following us one of the two who we saw in the Laugh earlier?
>>
>>28111863
Was it?
I can't remember.
>>
>>28111877
It was a long time ago, but I remember two stallions who were apparently from some other criminal group at the Laugh. I think they were escorting someone else.
>>
beb
>>
>>28112507
>>
>>28111343
>>28111802
"So... What you're saying is that this could be somepony with a personal vendetta against me? Maybe from one of my previous jobs?"
>She nods,
>"Very possible, yes. In fact, I think that's the most likely situation we have on our hooves."
>You sigh and hold your head in your hooves.
"I told your sister about this, but there were two more stallions that were following me. One was black with a grey mane and spark cutie mark, the other was a blue stallion with an aqua mane, whom I haven't seen since the night I spotted him. Oh, and Drachma has a 5000 bit bounty on the blue stallion too."
>Provvie shrugs.
>"Well if you haven't seen them since I'd count you lucky. Perhaps this guy has more than one pony on his shitlist."
>You emerge from the comfort of your hooves and tremble a little.
"So what do I do Provvie?"
>She sits speechless for a moment, thinking.
>"I... Well we've got the mare assigned to you captured. That's one less problem to worry about. You might be safe at home for a day or two more but after that I think it's best you move in here until this gets sorted. You can just tell your roomie this is another overnight job. After that... Well, I think it's best we get the the bottom of this, sort out who wants you kidnapped and why. And possibly other Golden ponies too. I won't promise any pay, but I'm sure Drachma will be pleased if we end up finding out what's really going on here."

>input action
>>
>>28113275
That sounds like a good idea. Better safe than have ponies sneak into my apartment in the middle of the night.
Until then, I think I'm going to head home and rest. Spend the rest of the day with my roomie.

A-actually, will my roommate be safe? What happens if they break in and find her there, but not me?
>>
>>28113326
"That sounds like a good idea. Better safe than have ponies sneak into my apartment in the middle of the night. Until then, I think I'm going to head home and rest. Spend the rest of the day with my roomie."
>Provvie nods,
>"Enjoy that time. While I'm sure everything's going to work out in the end, it might be a week or so until you see her again."
>You grumble and stand, stretching out and heading for the door.
>As your hoof touches the doorknob, you freeze up, something you hadn't considered popping into your mind.
"A-Actually, will my roommate be safe? What happens if they break in and find her there, but not me?"
>Provvie, who'd begun pacing again, stops suddenly.
>"I... How comfortable are you with your roommate knowing your job situation."

>input action
>>
>>28113465
Not at all, and I'd hate for her to find out like this. 'Hey Tally, how's your day going? Oh by the way, I'm actually working for a criminal organization and ponies are trying to kidnap me. Also they might kidnap you to get to me so you have to go into hiding. Surprise!'

But if they'd do something bad to her to try and get to me... I don't know if I could forgive myself.
>>
>>28113465
If it's better for her too know. I just don't want her to think less of us.
>>
>>28113511
>>28113538
"Not at all comfortable, and I'd hate her to find out like this."
>Starting to feel a little hysterical, you mimic yourself in the future.
" 'Hey Tally, how's your day going? Oh by the way, I'm actually working for a criminal organization and ponies are trying to kidnap me. Also they might kidnap you to get to me so you have to go into hiding. Surprise!' "
>You bury your head in your hooves and moan,
"Celestia what am I do to..."
>Providence sighs,
>"You could get her to hole up in a hotel until this gets solved I suppose, but it might be hard to explain. Ultimately I think this is going to have to be your decision Sharp."

>input action
>>
>>28113720
But she also has a job and she might not be able to take those days off, especially on such short notice.
>>
Did we have to do anything about the job offer from Twilight in the near future?
>>
>>28113766
We have to go to the palace police department on saturday. It's out of our routine, and unless they decide to stake the laugh out, we might still be able to go.

>>28113753
Likewise, if Tally's staying somewhere else, she could still probably go to work without much worry.
>>
>>28113720
I think we should tell her.

Unfortunately, she's involved. It would be irresponsible not to. Even if this could permanently ruin our relationship.
>>
>>28113720
(As someone said in cyoa)
How much do you think it would cost for you to arrange for Tally to win a vacation to get her out of town fast?
>>
>>28113918
>You rack your brain for a solution.
>Balancing Tally's safety with your own privacy isn't something you can take lightly.
"How much do you think it would cost for you to arrange for Tally to win a vacation to get her out of town fast?"
>Provvie stops and pauses,
>"Well, I imagine she might find it weird winning a contest she never entered... But I could probably get it done for a couple thousand bits. Your slice of the 5000 bounty would probably cover it, with part of your normal payment as well. For a week or so, right? And for 1 pony?"
>You nod,
>Provvie shrugs,
>"You might just end up delaying the inevitable, but I can certainly make that happen."

>input action
>>
>>28114096
Do it, it's the safest thing to do for Tally
Make it seem as convincing as possible
>>
beb
>>
>>28114759
>>
>>28115320
>>
>>28115891
>>
>>28116814
>>
>>28114096
>>28114363

I'm not sure this is going to work. Who says that Tally can just take a sudden vacation from her job? And how gullible does she have to be to believe this is real and totally not connected to our just having been injured at work and not able to come home?
>>
>>28118036
So offer an alternative idea.
>>
>>28118036
That's a point. Considering she's supposed to be giving an important presentation soon she probably wouldn't take it. More likely she'll try to get us to go.
>>
>>28118036
>>28118106
So we're unfortunately back to spilling the beans, huh?
>>
>>28118144
If someone has something that can drag her away from work then I'd support it, but the only things I can think of are hard criminal actions that really don't fit Sharpie.
>>
beb
>>
>>28118704
>>
>>28119218
>>
>>28118144
>>28118054

I think we'd be better off just saying nothing, to be honest. The ponies who are after us seem pretty careful and I sort of doubt they would just burst into our place blindly looking for us. They would probably see that we haven't been home in however long and look for us elsewhere. The fact that they sent Violet after us shows that they're willing to track us and wait for an opportune moment when they want to grab us, and take reasonable care to avoid collateral damage. I don't think Tally's in any real danger.
>>
>>28119833
Okay, I'll trust you on that.
>>
>>28119833
I disagree. We just made the one they sent after us disappear. They might grab Tally as insurance or to force a trade.
>>
>>28119861

I doubt they care enough about Violet to go to those measures for her. She doesn't seem to know much, will probably have told anything she does know by then, and her talents are far from singular. They're probably better off without her if anything. I suppose they could grab Tally and try to exchange her for us, but that would hinge on them betting that we would sacrifice our own freedom for our roommate's, which I don't think they have reason to believe we would do.

Tally's also not only not a criminal but an important architect, and kidnapping her would raise the stakes for our pursuers significantly. If they did do something like that it would be a stupid move for them. I can't guarantee they wouldn't do something stupid, but considering our lack of preferable options I think it's a reasonable bet for us to take.
>>
>>28119926
Again, I disagree. They sent some untrained mare with a club after us, they hardly reek of professionalism. And Tally isn't any more important then anyone else with a job. She's an office worker. More than anything, I think it's damning in the extreme for us to gamble Tally's safety because it 'probably' won't happen for the sake of keeping things from her. That's a big step further into being a shitty person than Sharpie's ever taken.
>>
>>28119959

If we do do something out of fear of being a bad pony I think we need to tell her the truth first rather than trick her with a fake vacation. So far our keeping our job from her wasn't too bad because it hardly effected her; it was mostly our business and we had some discretion in what we told her. But if we're going to be disrupting her life and sending her away from her home and job for a time we at least need to tell her why. Doing that to her and lying about why would be as bad as doing nothing and risking her safety as a result imo.
>>
>>28120038
Well, I'd say as long as she's safe we're not being quite as bad as leaving she at risk, but from a moral viewpoint yeah, the point where she might be effected by our work is the point a good pone would tell her.
>>
>>28120251
Is Sharpie still a good poner?
>>
>>28120251
Here's the dilemma. Is Sharpie still a good pone?
>>
>>28120358
>>28120392
No one thinks themselves a bad person. Everyone does what they think is right at the time. Monsters don't exist, no one does bad things just because.

Now. What does Sharpie think is the right thing to do?
>>
>>28120358
>>28120392
No, but criminals look after their loved ones too.
It's up to all of us though. I've voted to not put Tally at risk because I think Sharpie is a good enough poner that she wouldn't endanger someone important to her.
I don't think she's above lying to do it though.
>>
>>28120568

Maybe she should be, though.
>>
beb
>>
>>28114363
lots of posts
>>28120411
>>28120568
"I-I think I need some time to think about it. I probably have a few days, right?"
>You say as you stand shakily.
>Provvie nods, taking an enormous weight off your back.
>"I'd bet they probably won't act for at least a little while. And if I get in contact, which I plan to do, that'd also probably delay them."
>Mouth suddenly dry and still trying to steady your shaking hooves, you trot to the door and thank Provvie once again.
"W-We'll see."

>It's a long walk home.
>Such a beautiful day outside too, shame you can't really enjoy it under all this pressure.
>Street traffic is light, the sun is high in the sky, ponies everywhere are happy.
>Except you.
>You wander aimlessly about for a few hours, trying to think up a solution and going over things over and over again in your mind.
>You're a good pony, but sometimes you need to keep secrets to keep others safe.
>But what will you tell her?
>Should you tell the truth?
>The dilemma stays with you until you finally find yourself in front of the apartment's door, and again under the covers of your bed.
>Sleep comes quickly, as it often does when you're under stress.
>But respite never lasts forever.

>The slam of the front door wakens you, and from your sideways position you can view the rear side of a beautiful red sunset.
>Tally's hooves clomp across the floor, and the scoot of a chair in the kitchen tells her location.
>After a few moments her hooves clip-clop across the floor again, the fridge opened and a can cracked.

>input action
>>
>>28121543
Huh, does she normally work that long?
Anyway, lets go see her. We owe a hug.
>>
>>28121543
Ask if she's doing alright. She seems pretty upset.
>>
beb
>>
>>28122071
>>28122418
>You're a bit puzzled, seems she worked late tonight.
>After rousing yourself from bed you assault her with a hug on the couch, Tally's expression changing from one of annoyance to happy surprise.
>"Sharpie! Thought you weren't home yet..."
>She says as she awkwardly returns the hug, trying to keep her open can from spilling out over your back.
>When you let go, she rights herself and takes a long sip.
"So, are you doing alright?"
>She looks to the window and sighs.
>"Guess I could be better. B-But man, your snoot! I-I don't know what I expected, but certainly not that. What happened to you?"

>input action
>>
>>28123585

Got caught up in a bar fight. Just an errant swing we didn't get out of the way of in time. Dangers of the trade, we suppose.
>>
>>28123585
Yeah, there was a mare causing trouble. She kinda whacked me before anyone could do anything.
>>
>>28123662
>>28123697
"There was a mare causing some trouble. got a nice whack on me before I could do anything. Landed just perfectly too."
>You rub the outer edges of your bandages and wince.
>Tally's expression shifts again to one of sympathy.
>"Yowch... Sorry Sharpie. But I hope this isn't the sort of thing that happens often, right?"
>You nod,
"No, not at all. Once or twice here and there, but I've never been caught up myself. Well, not until now."
>Tally gives your bandages a light smooch before raising an eyebrow and chastising you.
>"Well, just stay out of trouble from now on Sharpie. If you think somepony's getting a little too riled up while you're serving or whatever you do over there, try to do your best and stay away from them."
>She then turns her can to you and shrugs,
>"Want a sip? I don't want to get pissed tonight, just a little tipsy."

>input action
>>
>>28123732
Sure. What kept you so long?
>>
>>28123751
"Eh, sure."
>You say as you draw the can to your lips.
>Tally snuggles up as you pass the can back.
"So what kept you so long?"
>She squirms a little in your grasp and takes another long sip before responding.
>"Late night. My presentation is coming up really, really soon, Friday actually."
>You whistle a bit and Tally takes another drink from the can before continuing.
>She normally doesn't drink anywhere near this fast.
>"Two days. Hooh. Might have to pull an all nighter on Thursday to get it done. But I'm sure I can do it! After this though, I think the next few weeks will be a breeze. That's what I'm focusing on right now."
>She says with a weak smile.
>"H-Here, take the rest before I drink it myself."

>input action
>>
>>28123850
All nighter? Uh, would staying closer to work help?
>>
>>28123896
"All nighter?"
>You say with a mixture of surprise and happiness.
>What luck!
"Would staying closer to work help?"
>It's no longer really a lie, just somewhat convenient!
>You tell that to yourself as Tally nods.
>"Actually... Yeah, that might help. I mean, don't really think that's feasible, but in a perfect world I'd love that. Just trot to a new apartment just across from work and collapse into some cuddles with you. Sounds lovely..."
>She says with a sigh, almost taking another sip before stopping herself.
>"S-Seriously, stop me before I go overboard."

>input action
>>
>>28124046
Hmm, you know now that we're both earning more we might be able to make that happen.
I might take a look around tomorrow, just see if anythings available.
>>
>>28124046
Any hotels near where you work?

>>28124067
Actually moving is a big deal and takes a fair bit of time. It's better to come up with a temporary solution like staying at a hotel for a while.
>>
>>28124157
Right, but our address is known to people we don't want knowing it. Moving would be wise.
>>
>>28124171
Tally has a stressful situation in the near future that she shouldn't be distracted from. A hotel close to her work while we're on a job that will take a while seems like the best option for the current situation. A more long term option would be to move, but if our work places are known than we can just be followed back to our knew home. It's better to get as much information about the situation as we can before we make big changes.
>>
>>28124237
Right. So what's wrong with looking around again?
>>
>>28124067
>>28124157
>>28124171
>>28124237
"You know, now that we're earning more we might be able to make that happen..."
>You say mysteriously, and Tally gives you a quizzical look.
>"How so?"
>You scoop the can from her grasp and take a drink before setting it away from the two of you, out if hoof's reach.
"Well, are there any hotels nearby your work?"
>Tally stops and thinks for a moment, and as realization hits her, she smiles broadly.
>"Oh Sharpie, really? W-We don't need to do that, as fun as it sounds. But yes, there are a few hotels nearby work."
>She toys with her mane for a few seconds, then sheepishly mumbles.
>"S-Should I look up the prices? As much as I dislike needless spending, I-I think this would be a big help. Like a mini vacation while I'm still at work! Well, if we choose a decently fancy place. Anything works though."

>input action
>>
>>28124264
Thoughts of moving can be considered a distraction. We can look, but it shouldn't be the focus.
>>
>>28124291
Yeah, I think you should enjoy a little luxury while you're working hard. I can check out the prices tomorrow, find somewhere nice nearby.

>>28124292
I never said it should be anon.
>>
>>28124344
>>28124292

If Tally's work is also closer to the palace it might eventually be worth looking at real estate in the neighborhood, but for the present issue a hotel should be fine.
>>
>>28124344
>>28124519
"Yeah, I think you should enjoy a little luxury while you're working hard. I can check the prices tomorrow, find some nearby."
>Tally lights up,
>"Great! I'm excited!"
>She says happily, then squeezes you in a violent and unexpected hug.
>After a few moments of having your lungs crushed, Tally looks a little embarrassed and releases you.
>"S-Sorry. But yes, thanks Sharpie."
>After feeling around for a moment to make sure your ribs aren't broken, you grin back.
"No problem Tally."
>She then stretches out and squints again at your snooter.
>"So what actually happened? It's broken right? Don't think it'd be a very good idea to boop you like this..."

>input action
>>
>>28124832
You can boop a little. G-gently.
>>
>>28124850

But anon, the doctor said no booping.
>>
>>28124896
B-but!
>>
>>28124928
No booping, or else we will make it worse.
>>
>>28124952
doctors are lame ;_;
>>
>>28124850
>>28124896
>>28124928
>>28124952
"Y-You can boop a little. G-Gently."
>Tally slowly brings her hoof up and presses it against your snooter.
>You scrunch up, and stick out your tongue.
>It doesn't give the same rush as a uncovered boop would, but it'll have to do.
"D-Doc said no boops but I couldn't resist."
>You say quietly, and Tally quickly scrunches up.
>"S-Sharpie, no boops? I-If you were told that it was for your own good!"
>She crosses her hooves and gives you a very stern look,
>"How long did he say until your nose is healed again? I won't risk your safety with boops."

>input action
>>
>>28124977
A whole week...
>>
>>28124977
T-too long.
>>
>>28125001
>>28125038
"Too long..."
>You bemoan, and Tally's eyes widen.
>"Ho-How long?"
"A whole week."
>Tally gives you another hug and clicks her tongue,
>"Man, and I thought I was in a bad spot with this presentation. Sorry Sharpie. I'll make sure to give you lots of hugs and cuddles to make up for it."
>She then stretches out and collapses against the back of the couch, giving you a rather dulled look.
>"So... I'm feeling pretty lazy tonight. Want to just stay here?"
>She says with a gesture to the couch.

>input action
>>
>>28125161
Yeah. That sounds nice.
>>
>>28125161
I owed you cuddles, so sure.
>>
>>28125234
>>28125258
"Yeah. That sounds nice. I owed you cuddles, so sure."
>Tally relaxes into the cushions and moans.
>"Good. Bedtime."
>She says shortly, dragging you onto the couch and her horn glowing bright.
>For a few seconds you're unsure why, until the bed's sheets drop perfectly over the top of the two of you.
>Man that's going to be a bitch to do in the morning.
>You almost can't wait to clean it up.
>"Good night Sharpie..."
>Tally says softly, repositioning herself so her back is against the couch cushions and she's lying on her side facing you.
>You'd love to join her, but for some reason you just aren't feeling sleepy tonight.
>Well, maybe it was the fact you spent the whole day napping, but still.
>Is there anything you want to do before hopping in with Tally on the couch and trying to get to sleep?

>input action
>>
>>28125386
>Not tired
>Tally already asleep
Oh good, time for our least favorite time of the day.
Sleepless anxiety thoughts!
>>
>>28125386
Read a book while cuddled up.
>>
>>28125428
>>28125444
>You feel a little nervous as you stare about the room.
>The sun is headed steadily over the horizon, and as it dips below an intense sense of dread overtakes you.
>What if somepony comes through the door while you and Tally are sleeping?
>Maybe you should stay up and watch.
>But what if you can't go to work then?
>You do need to get sleep, and Tally needs all the sleep she can get too.
>And someday you might have to tell Tally about your job, and while completely unrelated the thought just stacks upon the rest of your worries.
>Like your future lack of boops, your concussion, your job, this weekend's interview.
>It all just spirals around you until your head bursts.
>Well, not literally.
>That'd be quite the mess to clean up.
>Instead, you decide to nurse your headache with reading and snuggling with Tally.
>So, you do a little paging through one of your old cookbooks, letting the delicious pictures of food soothe you to sleep.
>Maybe you could try that cheesy flatbread one of these days.
>Well, if you changed the three pinches of salt to two.

>You awaken to a Tally pinned in the couch cushions squirming for escape.
>Because of all your cuddling last night, she's slipped in-between the cushions and is now flailing about for escape.
>"Sharpie! Help me, I need to get to work!"
>She cries as you awaken halfway on top of her, the other half pinned beneath the back cushions.

>input action
>>
>>28125598
Oh sweet Celestia, that's adorable.
Help Tally out of the mouth of the couch monster.
>>
>>28125598
I'll do it... for a boop!
>>
>>28125633
N-no, the boop withdrawal is setting in.
>>
>>28125613
>>28125633
>>28125638
>You stand quickly and extend a hoof to help, then quickly withdraw it.
>"Sharpie!"
>Tally cries,
>"W-What are you doing?"
>You nose feels... Itchy.
>Very itchy.
>Like you need someone to touch it.
>Like you need a boop.
"I-I'll do it for a boop!"
>You cry desperately, you certainly hadn't expected withdrawal to come on so quickly.
>Tally shakes her head, still flailing.
>"No, S-Sharpie it's for your own good!"
>You stand over Tally, her mane tangled over her face and in the cushions, face smooshed between the seats, and plead.
"A-A boop Tally. I need it."
>Tally grits her teeth, makes one final attempt to extricate herself from the cushions and sighs, letting her hooves fall limp.
>"I-I'll boop you after you let me out Sharpie."

>input action
>>
>>28125802
Free the tally
>>
>>28125802
Alright fine, but it better be a good one.
>>
>>28125802
This is shameful, we should have a bit more self control.
>>
>>28125851
We are a mare and we have needs.
>>
>>28125851
Sharp is asexual, right? I wonder if she has a cuddle heat.
>>
>>28125809
>>28125833
>>28125851
>>28125861
"A-Alright, fine, but it better be a good one."
>You say as you pull Tally from the cushions and mentally berate yourself.
>You're a grown mare!
>And while yes, you have needs, you should have a bit more self control than that.
>After thanking you for your gallant efforts, Tally stands from her position under the couch and rushes off the bathroom, crying out,
>"I-I'm sorry Sharpie! It's for your own good!"
>And slams the door behind her, the lock clicking shut.

>input action
>>
>>28126073
Pathetically paw at the door for a minute or so before lying down in a boopless ball on the floor.
>>
>>28126073
NOOO TALLY YOU LIED
>>
>>28126094
>>28126104
Remember that we have to let her leave for work. We aren't going to use that to our advantage.
>>
>>28126130
>We aren't going to use that to our advantage
All's fair in boops and war.
>>
>>28126147
Including making friends choose whether or not to lose their job.
>>
>>28126277
Sacrifices must be made in the name of boop.
>>
>>28126285
Like sacrificing a friendship.
>>
>>28126369
I agree. Let's not go that far.
>>
>>28126369
>>28126380
>taking it seriously
>>
>>28126094
>>28126104
>You scratch at the door for a minute or so, distraught at Tally's utterly fiendish lie.
>After realizing she's not coming out (at least until she's finished with her shower), you curl up in a small and boopless ball to lament your plight.
>After a few minutes, Tally exits to find you staring up at the ceiling and pouts a little at you.
>"I-I can't believe you tried to extort me for boops!"
>She cries, taking a seat next to you.
"I know, I know..."
>You sigh.
>"Naughty pony you are..."
>She gets on her side and after a few seconds of floor cuddles gives you a peck on the forehead.
>"There. Hope that's a suitable substitute."
>Then stands, heads to the kitchen, grabs her bags and waves as she heads out.
>"Bye Sharpie! See you tonight at our fancy new digs!"

>input action
>>
>>28126412
Lament cruel fate.
While eating breakfast.
>>
>>28126412
Bye Tally.
>>
>>28126412
Should we start looking for hotels near where she works or should we go to the Laugh first? Make sure we know where she works before she leaves.
>>
>>28126426
>>28126428
"Bye Tally! Oh, and where do you work, I'll pick you up!"
>You say with a smile as you stand from the floor.
>She scribbles down an address and gives it to you before smiling and heading out.
>The door clicks shut and you grumble to yourself as you cook breakfast.
"Boopless a week..."
>And munch angrily on some carrots.
>But you try not to think about that, and instead focus on hotels you could look at.
>You find three near Tally's work, which is more than you expected to be honest.
>The first is a smaller, family owned one.
>It doesn't seem very luxurious, more like a B&B or a Hostel, but it's very cheap and very close to her workplace.
>The second is a little higher end, actually fits what you think a hotel could be.
>It's the middle of the three here, somewhat nice and decently priced, but about the farthest you'd consider "close" to her workplace.
>Finally, the high end business, which honestly borders on too lavish for you.
>You'd be pampered every second of your stay, but you're sure of exceptionally steep prices.
>And it does lie somewhat close to Tally's work, or at least closer than the moderate hotel.
>Guess every place has it's ups and downs.
>Where do you think would be the best temporary treat?

>input action
>>
>>28126536

The B&B is probably nice, sounds cozy. And Tally will probably be too tired to take advantage of the comforts of a fancy hotel anyway, and will probably just want to crash wherever's closest.

We can go visit to check the place out and see a room, and book it if it seems nice.
>>
>>28125598
>>28125802
>Tally forgets she has magic
Silly unicorn.
>>
>>28126607
I agree. A B&B would be nice.
>>
>>28126536
Comfy as fuck B&B
>>
>>28126607
>>28126630
>>28127794
>You decide on the B&B.
>While it's nothing special or especially luxurious, it'll be fun for you in the form of the hopefully interesting ponies you meet, and fun for Tally because of its nearness to work.
>And cheap too!
>You pay for two nights and make a suggestion you'll reserve more before setting out to the Laugh.

>Work is busy today.
>Busy ponies everywhere, you make your way to the back to see what's going on with your superiors.
>Main is lounging and chewing bubblegum.
>When he spots you looking through his window, he waves before returning his eyes to something on his desk.
>Provvie looks a bit stressed, and seems to be taking a break.
>She's sitting on the opposite side of her desk from usual and sipping from a flask, tired eyes staring off and out her windows.

>input action
>>
>>28128008
I'd like to talk to Provvie once she's done with her break, if only to check on any progress and recommend she get some sleep.
>>
>>28128026
>You wait a bit until Provvie steps back to her desk, then trot in and give her a smile.
>"H-Hey Sharpie!"
>She sounds happy, but absolutely exhausted.
"Saw you were on break. Wanted to give you your rest time."
>"Aw, thanks sweetie. Just dulling the sense of exhaustion with a little of this,"
>She says as she shakes her flask before relaxing in her chair.
>"I didn't sleep a wink last night..."
"So there was some good progress then?"
>You say happily, trying to kickstart what little energy she has.
>And while she's doing her best and certainly happy, she does look like she's about to pass out at any moment.
>"Yeah! There was... Your mare's really receptive, spilled everything she knows. Honestly, I'd have offered her a job if she hadn't done so so quickly. She works for Stony who I'm still working to get in contact with. She says she was assigned to you and a few other of our employees with you as the focus. She had two partners, probably the other guys you saw. Said she was brought in recently, but that the other guys had followed you for a little while already, then were assigned elsewhere. She's an underling, wasn't told much other than to track you and report back. Says that after this she has no plans to go back and work for them, and I'd wholeheartedly agree there."
>She then relaxes,
>"And the best news is that I got the bounty Drachma promised last night! Do you want your portion, or are you still up for that vacation thing?"

>input action
>>
>>28128369

We'll take the money.
>>
>>28128369
Tell her about the hotel plans.
>>
>>28128404
>>28128419
"No, I already have plans. I'll be staying away from home a few days and bringing Tally with me."
>Providence nods.
>"Oh, okay. The option's still open in the future if you want it!"
>She says happily.
>"So, are you taking the money or putting it towards your debt? You've not got too long to go, compared to where you started."
>She then stops, opens her mouth as if to speak, says nothing and fades until she takes another sip from her flask.

>input action
>>
>>28128495
Towards the debt. More than 2000 off is a good deal and we already have plenty on hoof to pay for a bed and breakfast.
>>
>>28128514
"All towards the debt."
>You say shortly, not looking to bring up bad memories today.
>She nods and takes your bag back, grumbling to herself.
>After a few seconds of staring at each other across the desks, you stand a put a hoof on her shoulder.
"I really think you should get some sleep now Provvie. You're looking awful."
>She laughs,
>"Probably should shouldn't I. But I'm waiting for a call from Stoney right now. After that, it's into bed for me."
>But before you can speak, she holds up a hoof.
>"I'd also like to speak about your duties over the next few days. Obviously I don't want you getting too up close and personal to this whole thing, but there'll come a time I need you to step in. For now, you'll be working on analyzing data with me. We need to figure out who this guy is that's tracking down our employees and stop him fast. And when we do find out who he is, that's when I think you head out to the field again."
>She then stretches out and yawns.
>"But right now, as I said, we've got jack shit to go on other than he's a stallion. Got any plans for the day yourself? If not I can keep you busy with stuff here, or send you out on some errands."

>input action
>>
>>28128578
We should help out around here since it looked so busy today.
>>
New Thread!
>>28128915
Thread posts: 488
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.