[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frostbitten (CYOA) #7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

File: hole.png (96KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hole.png
96KB, 1000x1000px
https://www.anonpone.com/frostbitten/
You look over to the wall beside you and search for a light switch with your hoof, trying to save whatever batteries might be left in your light. This search seems to be fruitless, however. Unable to find a light switch, you begin to look around the room in search of anything useful. The room looked like it once served purpose as a bar, with beer bottles and bar stools randomly strewn about the room.
Inside the room, you notice that there's a bar where ponies would usually order their drinks, a door that has a faint blue light coming from underneath it, and another door with a golden star on it. There's also a pair of bathroom doors (one marked “Stallions” and one marked “Mares”). You walk over to the bar and climb over the counter, looking around behind it. Misty, as always, follows you. All of the shelves are empty, and the cash register seems to be missing. Seems that all the alcohol that was once here has been taken as well. Doesn't bother you much, you were never much of a drinker anyway.
Wait. How did you know that? You distinctly remember not being a drinker in the past. Not that it's anything groundbreaking, but maybe that amnesia is chipping away after all.
You decide there are better ways to spend time than reminiscing about your past life, and look around the room some more. The only other ways to go from here are the bathrooms, the door with the star on it (which you assume is a VIP room of some sort) and the room that has blue light coming from beneath it.
>>
NERDS
>>
>>28000996
Fuck yes! I missed you Numb.

Let's try to cracking open the door.
>>
>>28001050
Thanks, but there are four doors you have the ability to "crack open" at the moment. You're going to have to be more specific.
>>
>>28001135
Oh, sorry. I was talking about the one with the light. Oh wait, I forgot to put on my paranoia cap. Have our sword at the ready too.
>>
>>28000996
I'd like to check the bathrooms first, make sure there aren't any surprises behind us before we explore deeper into the building.
>>
>>28001154
>>28001183
You unsheathe your sword and head to the bathrooms to make sure there's no nasty surprises behind you before you go any deeper inside this place. This is, or was, the home of one of the most powerful ponies in the city, so caution is nothing if not a priority.
You make your way into the stallion''s room first. The overwhelmingly grimy room almost made you puke. Stains covered the walls and floor, stains that you're perfectly fine with not knowing the origins of. You check the stalls as quickly as possible, not daring to look inside the toilets themselves. With no surprises to be found, you leave the Stallion's room and enter the mares'. You hear a small laugh from behind you.
“Something funny?”
>Well, I was going to make a comment about how perverted you are, but then I remembered the situation we're in. Probably not the best idea.
You roll your eyes and continue searching. Oddly enough, no surprises in the mare's room either. Maybe this place really is as abandoned as it looks. Finding no reason to stay in the bathroom any longer, you head over to the glowing blue door and crack it open, looking inside. Of all the things you were expecting, you weren't expecting a swimming pool. It was a small rectangular pool, nothing inherently special about it as far as you could see. You cannot see the bottom of the pool from this angle, though. What you can see, however, is a pair of changing rooms on the other side of the room. What ponies would need changing rooms for is beyond you, however. Maybe it's a rich ponies thing.
>>
>>28001446
Huh. Let's go check out the changing rooms then.
>>
>>28001446
Avoid pool. The water is probably like the tap and there is probably something that will snag us if we stand near it.
>>
>>28001472
>>28001625
The door opens with a creak as you walk inside. The smell of chlorine fills your nostrils as you walk in. The water is completely stagnant and motionless. You're as concerned for your safety as ever, so you stay at a presumably safe distance while still being able to see to the bottom of the shallow pool. At the bottom rests something you weren't sure how to process in your head.
At the bottom of the pool lay about a dozen pony statues. Mares, stallions, fillies, colts, all different kinds of ponies were there, silently resting at the bottom. Another thing you notice about them is that none of them were happy. All of the statues either had a terrified, sad, or blank expression on their face. Some were even in a sleeping position. Misty looks at you with a concerned expression on her face.
>I've got a bad feeling about this. What do you think it is?
“Maybe someone's demented version of a museum? I don't know, and I'm pretty sure don't want to know. Let's just check the changing rooms for now.”
>Got it.
You cautiously walk over to the stallion's changing room, determined to stay at a safe distance away from the pool. The room was rather long, with many lockers lining the walls. Miscellaneous junk was inside of them, ranging from swimming goggles to a small ponies snorkel. Most of the doors on the lockers were either open or missing entirely, save for one locker at the very end of the room, which was not only closed, but locked as well. You could probably bust the lock off with the blunt end of your sword, but you're sure it would make a fair bit of noise in the process.
>>
>>28001757
Let's come back here and bust it open once we confirmed everything is clear
>>
>>28001816
This sounds like a good idea. Let's throw a piece of junk into the pool from a distance and see what happens.
>>
>>28001816
>>28001951
Deciding it would probably be best to secure the area first, you begin to walk over to the mare's room. Best to make sure there's no danger to alert in the first place. The mare's room was essentially identical to the stallion's, save for a large portable radio sitting on the floor. You didn't have to turn it on to know it was broken, however, as the speakers on it were completely gone.
This is when you're hit with an idea. An idea to test something, to make sure the water is safe.
You grab a small pair of goggles out of one of the lockers and walk near the pool. You chuck them into the water, disturbing the surface for what looks like the first time in a while. The goggles hit the water and sink slightly before rising to the surface again. Thankfully, the water seems to exhibit no signs of having any anomalous properties.
You sigh with relief. Relief that slowly fades when the sound of stone being dragged across the floor of the bar meets your ears. A loud voice soon follows. A voice you've heard before. Will.
>Would you hurry it the fuck up? We've got a half hour to get this fucking thing in and get back home, and I'm not about to get held up because you're too lazy to carry this thing!
You hear a tired but stern voice follow his.
>Yes sir.
They don't seem to notice that you're here.
>>
>>28002102
Quick hide somewhere in the changing rooms
>>
>>28002102
Uh, hide.
>>
>>28002169
>>28002176
You turn your light off and trot to the end of the changing room, trying to stay as silent as possible. The dragging sound eventually reaches it's way to the edge of the pool.
>What are you waiting for? Dump it in!
>No, wait, Will, look at that.
>Look at what?
>The water. It's moving. Someone's been here recently.
Shit.
>You think it's that corrupted shit?
>Nah, this pool ain't connected to the main grid.
An uncomfortable silence washes over you before Will speaks again.
>Check the changing rooms, I'm gonna check the bathrooms. If you find anyone, just knock 'em out. They'll make nice additions to the collection.
You hear one set of hoofsteps go back into the bar, and another set walk into the stallion's room. He was sure to check this one next. You look over to Misty, who is shaking slightly. She mouths the words “What do we do?” at you.
>>
>>28002321
Take him out first. Misty should hold his mouth closed while we knock him out with the blunt side of our sword
>>
>>28002343
Which one?
>>
>>28002343
Should we go over to that room or wait for him to come over?
>>
>>28002343
You whisper as softly as you can to her.
“Cover his mouth when he comes around the corner, I'll knock him out.”
She nods and goes to the corner. You follow behind her and bring your sword out, anxiously awaiting him coming around the corner. As soon as his front half pops around the corner, Misty gets behind him, holding his mouth closed and holding another leg around his neck. He struggles and tries to scream, all the sound he tries to make muffled by Misty's hoof. You ready your sword and strike the blunt end at his forehead, his muffled screams stopping as his body goes limp. Misty lets go of him as he flops to the ground, a black metal club dropping next to him. You start to try to drag his unconscious body by his hind lag, and whisper to Misty.
“A little help?”
She runs to you and grabs his other leg, dragging him to the other side of the room. You sigh and wipe some sweat from your brow. Misty whispers to you.
>Alright, got him over with, now what?
>>
>>28002584
One of us loot him while another one of us stays on the lookout.
>>
>>28002584
Be ready to use him as a hostage.
>>
>>28002730
Will seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't care none for his workers. But it's worth a shot I guess.
>>
>>28002628
>>28002730
“Search him for anything useful. I'll be on the lookout for any trouble. Get prepared to use him as a hostage.”
She nods as you walk over to the corner, peeking around it. You're able to see the stone pony at the other side of the pool. A screaming pegasus mare frozen in time. You watch for a couple minutes before Misty walks over to you.
>Nothing but the club, which seems rather useful if we want to take the way of the pacifist. So what n-
A splash of water erupts from the pool. You look over to see that the statue has been dropped into the pool by Will. He looks in your direction with a look of pure anger. You'd take a guess that look is more or less permanent. Misty runs off to the body, but you don't dare look away from Will.
>So are you going to tell me why my worker is gone and why you're here, or are you just going to stand there with that stupid fucking look on your face?
>>
>>28002844
Wait, isn't Will the one Misty has made deals with before? Or is that somebody else?
>>
>>28002881
Ok, funny story about that. We were looking around, doing our scavenging and surviving thing when you two came in. We kinda panicked and... knocked him out. Now, you're upset, I can see it in your eyes. I understand that. We thought this place was abandoned so I greatly apologize for our intrusion and if it's ok with you we will get out of your mane and be on our way.
>>
>>28002881
Sorry about your worker. Can't take any chances (or should I say second chances, eh?) around these parts, ya know?

So are you going to tell me why you have a bunch of terrified ponies petrified at the bottom of a pool, or are you just going to stand there with that angry look on your face?
>>
>>28002915
>>28002927
“Yeah, about that, we were only scavenging and trying to survive when you two came in. So we panicked and, uhh, knocked him out. Sorry about that, but you can't take any chances these days. So are you going to tell me why you have terrified stone ponies at the bottom of your pool, or are you just going to stand there with that angry look on your face? Alternatively, we could act like this never happened. We could stop being a nuisance to you, and we can just walk away.”
He grunts as he looks at you. His anger only grows.
>You've got a lot of fucking nerve to be acting the way that you do. You've got a lot of reasons to smarten the fuck up as well.
You look over to Misty, who has the gun pointed to the worker's head.
“Or maybe it's you that should smarten up. We have your worker in the back with a gun to his head. You make the wrong move and he's gone. So what's it gonna be, Will? I don't want to kill anyone on at the worst of times.”
>You only solidify my point. I heard about you from Marcus, the one with the metal teeth, said you were one lucky pony! Ever let that luck go to your head!? Ever boosted your pathetic fucking ego a little too much!?
You hear Misty cough painfully. Looking over, you can see some of the floor has blood on it. Looking back at Will, you see his horn is glowing slightly.
>You're setting up a really bad future for yourself. You truly think you can act fucking smart to me? You must be fucking joking, cunt!
Misty's coughs grow ever more frequent. You look over to her, she's almost completely limp.
“What did you do to her?!”
>I thought that maybe realizing the mortality of the ones close to you might let you realize your own! For your sake, and for hers, you better fucking hope you have luck on your side, and hope we don't meet each other again. Because next time, I'll take even more from you!
His body begins to glow brightly. You shield your eyes, and before you know it the light is gone, along with Will.
>>
>>28003229
Eeeeeh SHIET. Rush over to Misty and see what the hell is wrong with her. Fucking asshole. Fuck everything.
>>
>>28003283
Just when I was thinking "Man, it's fun to have a sarcastic shit talking MC."

I want to go back to Misty's home and never leave.
>>
>>28003283
You trot over to her as quickly as possible. Blood stains her lips.
“Misty? Wha-What's wrong?”
She coughs once more before answering.
>It's... really hard to breath. Think the bastard p-punctured one of my lungs or something. It's gonna take more than a band-aid to heal this one.
She coughs a little more, some blood getting on your armor. You're about to freak out.
“What do I do? Where do I go?”
>Ugh, just get me to the shack. We'll figure it out from there.
“Y-You're gonna make it, right?”
She laughs a little under her breath, looking up at you.
>Yeah. But promise me something, yeah?
“Of course, anything.”
She smiles at you, a few tears in her eyes. You have a few tears in yours too.
>Please don't let me die in a stallion's changing room, alright? That would be so embarrassing.
The two of you laugh for a little bit. Maybe your personality is rubbing off on her a little too much.
>No, but seriously, I came to far to let this stop me. I'd like to get out of here today though. Can I get some help getting up?
“Oh! Yeah, of course, sure.”
You help her get on her three hooves, one wrapped around your neck for support. You slowly make your way out of the building, leaving everything you've experienced in this building behind. You just wanted her to get better.
And you will do anything to make sure that happens.

And that's all for today. I'm gonna be gone all day tomorrow, so don't bump the thread. I'll try to do this more frequently, but, you know. Life. As always, thanks for playing today.
>>
>>28003458
When the hell did she get hurt?
>>
>>28003501
Will used his magic and collapsed or punctured one of Misty's lungs.
>>
>>28003517
That's bullshit. Really bullshit.
>>
Is killing monsters worth the moral dilemma? Even if they still look like ponies?
>>
Dubs bump.
>>
pg10
>>
>>28004081
welp, it happened and now misty is going to die
>>
>>28008268
>Misty is going to die.
A-anon please don't say that.
>>
>>28008268
No, fuck you. I will be utterly ass blasted otherwise. My autistic rage will become a tangible presence.
>>
Page 10 bemp
>>
>>28009406
>>
>>28004081
>>28008333
Ya, I sorta have to agree with these guys.

Using magic to attack a character should be similar to KOTOR mexhanics. Where a character's 'wisdom' stat affects how strong their abilities towards their opponent is. At the same time, for the defending character, their 'wisdom' stat affects another stat called 'will', which is rolled to perform a 'willpower save' that negates the attacker's abilities partially or completely.

Summary: Basically when a spell is cast directly on an opponent, the opponent should be able to have a chance to resist the spell and be able to stop it partially or completely.
>>
>>28010497
>>
>>28011807
>>
>>28012627
>>
>tell players not to bump thread
>they bump it anyway
Not sure what I was expecting. I'll be around, but I'm not going to be able to set enough time aside to run till Sunday.
Thanks for putting up with this shit.
As you can probably tell, I've got a lot of problems that need ironing out. Gotta sleep now.
>>
This is an example of bump.
"Bump."
>>
>>28014839
>>
>>28015996
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.