[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why the hell does she have shield powers again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

Because I'm not seeing how "making dresses" Translates into "Shield powers ACTIVATE" and Pony rarity sure as hell isn't a Shield caster; she's not shining armor for god's sake.
>>
>>27994943
>actually using spoilers for the correct reason
youre not from around here are you? i like you.

because she needed a way to stop shit from spilling on her dresses.
>>
>>27994943
>AJ's butt
They are literally doing it on purpose.
>>
>>27994943
secretly pony Rarity is better than shining armor at that, she just doesn't feel like doing it because its unladylike.
>>
>>27994950
>youre not from around here are you? i like you.
I come from Mlpforums and Ponychan, so I try to usually avoid spoiling things.

Which will probably get me jumped immediately here for admitting that, but oh well.

>>27994953
That's just advancing the plot!
>>
>>27994943
Rarity is a pushy bitch though, so the super powers are just an extension of her personality.
>>
Dumb EQG posters.
>>
She has to have SOME power. They probably figured Diamonds=hard=shield magic.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 700x700px
>>27995021
Hello anon! This your required heckling from a oldfag for being from ponychan. Ok bye now! Enjoy the rest of your day!
>>
File: 1454818418138.jpg (67KB, 667x503px) Image search: [Google]
1454818418138.jpg
67KB, 667x503px
>>27994943
Because the writers for EQG have been creatively bankrupt since thr first movie.

I'm not even going to watch it. I didn't bother with the third, I just sat back and told everyone it was going to be shit, and what do ya know? Turned out to be shit. This too shall be shit, and I will be waiting with a big fat "I told you so" when this new trainwreck releases.
>>
>>27995080
diamonds would make shitty shields or armor; They can't be cut by most things due to being hard, but actual strength and hardness are two completely different things. Cutting and breaking are two different actions, and you want a shield to avoid being broken, not avoid being scratched.

A diamond will shatter to pieces if you hit it with a Hammer because its got shit for actual strength despite being hard, most all construction materials are vastly stronger than diamonds.
>>
>>27994943
oh my god, it's almost like...the magic in the human world is different than in the pony world, like they constantly mentioned in the previous movies!
>>
File: Mulp Poll Friendship Games.png (1MB, 1044x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Mulp Poll Friendship Games.png
1MB, 1044x1081px
>>27995123
>Turned out to be shit
>>
>>27995200
Except the other 5's magic all has a tie to what their pony selves posses to make it halfway logical: rainbow dash has super speed like Dash can fly around at super sonic speeds and fluttershy has super animal affinity.

Pony rarity doesn't have ANYTHING resembling shield powers. It'd be like if they gave Rainbow dash random ass teleporation powers or some shit.
>>
>>27994943
She needs protection from all the dicks she takes.
>>
>>27995225
65 is still an F
>>
>>27995225
6/10 is pretty shitty using video game rating scales.
>>
File: 536835.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
536835.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>27995254
its what season 1 would get
>>
File: the turk-slinging slasher.jpg (27KB, 636x636px) Image search: [Google]
the turk-slinging slasher.jpg
27KB, 636x636px
>>27995266
>season 1
>6.5
I hope you're pretending to be retarded
>>
>>27995225
>judging something's quality by popular opinion of morons on 4chan
No.
>>
>>27995348
go through and give each season 1 episode a rating. let me know the results.

>>27995494
so what youre saying is 4chans opinion is collectively useless, thereby rendering any disdain for episodes and movies moot.
>>
File: 1310564987331.jpg (28KB, 407x428px) Image search: [Google]
1310564987331.jpg
28KB, 407x428px
>>27994943
>"We C&D'd Fighting is Magic and ran with their gem fighting idea!"
>>
>>27994943

That shield only repel to the shit tier waifus.
>>
>>27995507
Yes. If you're gonna disagree with somebody's subjective opinion on a My Little Pony episode, at least explain your own reasons instead of relying on "more people agree with me than agree with you, so you're wrong!". It's stupid.
>>
File: Hasbro.jpg (63KB, 1148x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Hasbro.jpg
63KB, 1148x1200px
>>27995528
>"I have an idea, lets make a game based on ponies fighting like in Street Fighter, but more kid friendly."
>>
>>27995507
I think the fault in the rating argument from the strawpoll would lie with whether or not that poll was it's own thread or in an EqG thread. People who did not enjoy the first 2 films are probably not going to watch a third one or browse threads dedicated to it. So the only people voting may be those who are already fans of EqG to begin with skewing the poll.

If that is the case and it only got a 6.5/10 that's pretty telling of the quality.
>>
>>27995265
Video game rating scales are always bullshit.
>>
File: triggered.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>>27995528
>>
>>27995544
thats a beautiful fantasy world you live in where people have to give reasons behind their opinions. while i agree that this is how it should be done, more often than not all youre going to get is someone like the fag above who is like "hurr durr, i didnt watch it but its shit." rather than go back and forth with someone who doesnt even have a valid opinion, its easier to link the collected opinion of 269 people instead.

>>27995570
i did the poll myself as its own thread that i kept bumped for 2 days after the movie was widely available. it had captcha and IP checking enabled.
>>
>>27995614
I'm not implying that people rigged the poll. I'm implying that only those who have a dedicated investment into EqG already will have watched a third film in any significant numbers. If the poll comes from people who are already into EqG and they give it a "meh" it's not a really positive sign.

I don't care either way just saying an /mlp/ poll like that is not really supporting a case for it being better than "eh".
>>
>>27995528
>>27995547

I am torn between whether it'd be terrible that they'd do that, or nice that they'd just FINALLY make a non-shitty FIM game.
>>
>>27995673
youre implying only people who think EqG is the tightest shit this side of the mississippi watched and rated the movie? im not personally a fan of EqG, but i actually gave the movie a 6.5/10 myself. thats not a bad rating.
5 would be the neutral zone. anything above 5 is into the variations of good zone, and below would be variations of bad. it was an okay movie. it did some things well, and other things could have been better.
>>
Its pretty cool imo; Shield powers are always a classic super power. Hopefully they'll let her use it offensively like how Sue storm does.
>>
>>27994943
Who knows, the movie might explain it
>>
>>27994943
It's because diamonds are the hardest metal, perfect for defense. The only reason why we don't make shields out of them in real life is because it'd be too expensive.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.