[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everypony Needs Love (Datequest/CYOA - selection thread)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 5

File: PDGsmall.png (267KB, 1800x1297px) Image search: [Google]
PDGsmall.png
267KB, 1800x1297px
The stage is dark. You're standing behind one of the luxurious side curtains as the crew bustles around backstage close by. Peeking out, the crowd is murmuring among themselves in the bright lighting over the audience section, a mix of ponies, gryphons, and a few others all mixed together; much like this show.

You're not sure how you got talked into coming onto the radio dating show; some ponies are just that convincing, you guess. You haven't had a date for a long while, sure, but you've been busy with life and everything. It's not like you haven't flirted and gotten out there - a stallion on the prowl. It's also not like getting dates with some lucky mare (or maybe some other species of female) was your special talent, after all; your special talent was...

[Input talent/cutie mark]
>>
>>27970212

A small meta post and then hopefully nothing more to interrupt the flow unless it has to happen. As it reads up there, this is just a small little thread for selection of who is going to be costarring in the actual CYOA when it starts. With that being said, more consensus will be needed for the questions since only one is allowed per contestant until near the end, at least. Once the full CYOA begins, all suggestions will try to be taken when applicable and not complete shitposting, but for now, a more solid suggestion for questions when it comes time is necessary. To add potential difficulty onto that, there are no right questions; it's whatever you want to know from each contestant to pick out for the bigger part of the datequest.

Another small thing is my posting style; I'm testing something to see how it is throughout this thread - at the end, it might change or stay the same. So multi-experimental stuff going on, just to warn. That should be all, have fun!
>>
>>27970212
getting dates with some lucky mare (or maybe some other species of female)
>>
>>27970212
Persuasion. A heart with coloured up and down arrows on either side.

An ironic talent, surely.
>>
>>27970212
we're good at cleaning... UP THE STREETS. We're a detective stallion with a notebook and pen cutie mark.

or how about an exterminator pony with a flyswatter cutie mark
>>
>>27970365
I actually like this one, seems like it'd be fun.
>>
Yeah, Persuasion, that's what it was. What kind of filly wouldn't love a pony good at that? You can usually sweet talk a pretty mare, hen, or other female into getting dinner or taking a long walk, though your long game isn't the best. It also depends on what it is you're trying for to see how successful you may or may not be, you've found it. You can persuade all of the ponies some of the time, but not all of the ponies all of the time.

The lights suddenly shift away from the audience, those dimming as the bright, flashy scenery of center stage gets illuminated. You can see the fancy title card above the back curtain reading 'Stable Dating' as well as the red carpet leading back into the blue drapery which was covered with various cutesy emblems of pony and other species' heritages as well as fluttery hearts. The chair you were going to be sitting in shortly like your rehearsal with Griff earlier was still shrouded in darkness.

>"Fillies, gentlecolts, and anypony interested in watching the start of a love story, welcome to 'Stable Dating'," a voice sweetly says over the loudspeaker.
>"Now, make some noise for the host of our show, one of the original love cat-birds, Gale Griffith!"

There's a cacophony of stamping, hooves striking hooves, and other applause to this introduction as the host walks out with a little strut, his walk matching the bouncy tune of the music. Gale is a handsome gryphon as one might expect for a host of a show, auburn fur on his lower half and nearly shimmering white feathers above with three red-tipped ones styled in a slick-back 'do. Between feathers and fur, he's wearing a black tux with white undershirt and red tie (much like your outfit but with a black tie instead); he's also carrying a mic in one set of those golden talons as he approaches a brightly lit spot near middle stage, big smile on that equally bright beak of his.

[1/2]
>>
>>27970481

>"Thank you, Louds, and thank you, you wonderful crowd," the gryphon starts in a charming tone.
>"Good evening, everypony here today and all of you listening out in Equestria and beyond. It's so nice to be in Applewood again, being so loving and warm," he goes on, cooing that last part.
>"Although, in my opinion, the weather ponies could ease up on the rain, am I right? It took my crew almost an hour to get me dried out and gorgeous as always!"

That comment coincides with a shake of his free talons and a 'phew' to go with it. This gets laughs out of the crowd as the host lashes his tail and struts closer to left stage, spotlight coming on to illuminate your future seat.

>"But anyways, yes, Griff here for another night of hopeful romantic coupling between two lucky contestants here on 'Stable Dating!'" he starts again, leaning on the arm of the plush red chair, patting the seat.
>"Tonight's loverpony-to-be is certainly a catch! He's ________, a _________ that lives in Neighagra Falls and works at ________! Let's give him some audible love, folks!" he encourages with a wag of his mic in the air, looking over to you with that grinning beak and cheerful blue eyes.

[Input name, job, and pony species Earth, Pegasus, Unicorn, or Crystal Pony in any of those flavors; also how to approach the chair - with swagger/plain trot/or otherwise]
>>
>>27970488
Sweet Talker, goes by Sweet usually.
Job? Teacher. Or social services or something like that.
Erf pony. or, Unicorn.

Walk up with a plain, slightly reserved trot.
>>
>>27970510
Seconded
>>
The audience makes quite a lot of noise as you emerge, making a reserved trot as you are above putting on too much of a show, some of the mares and gryphon hens sending some very easy-to-hear 'love' your way while you head to the chair. Griff gives you a hug before you can find your seat, grunting out a chuckle as one forehoof hugs back before things separate and he's back beside the chair while you're sitting in it. Your horn shines as you straighten your jacket and your mane before settling in.

>"Now that's what I like to see; a handsome stallion ready for a fun game and hopeful happy ending!" the host says with the smile still on his beak.
>"How're you feeling tonight, hmm Sweet Talker?" he asks, mic finding its way near your snout.

"Oh, well enough. Prepared for an enjoyable night filled with love," you respond with a smile of your own.
"How about you, hmm Cupid?" You didn't really think this was necessary, but you were strongly encouraged to do so in rehearsal. May as well keep him happy.

>"Ready to get you some loving, of course!" Griff replies with his wings unfurling for a flap, standing on his paws.

[1/2]
>>
>>27970766

His free talons snap in this posing and five spotlights turn on for the right side of the stage. They shine on the five rather large crystalline (and heart-shaped and colored) doors that house your potential dates, each easily a size that a minotaur would be comfortable in there. No dragons though... well, not unless they weren't full grown. How they're positioned, the audience can see the other contestants, but they are a mystery to you right now.

>"Now, just in case anypony's forgotten the way our show works since last season, I'll explain," the host starts with a flap of his wings and flourish of his non-mic-wielding limb.
>"We're all about sharing here at Stable Dating, so our lucky lovepony Sweet Talker will get to ask a variety of questions to the fabulous female contestants residing in our special booths. Of course, each of them also get to ask this splendid stud a few back, just so everypony know what they're getting into." He adds that second part in with a chuckle.
>"By the end of the show, Sweet will have to choose between the remaining contestants on who he wants to take and get even better acquainted with over a wonderful weekend-long date! Isn't that grand?" he asks with another small cheer from the audience that's quickly quieted with a wave.

>"But before we begin, let's describe you for our lovely ladies and those wonderful folks listening in from home," the gryphon starts up, mic finding its way to your snout again.
>"Give us a small blurb of your dazzling self, if you please." That is tied in with a wag of his brow.
>"Both physical and personality, though only a taste on the latter. We'll say... just one good trait and one 'bad' since, even if you're a stupendous specimen of a stallion, nopony's perfect, right?"

[Input colors, mane and tail style, physique/size, and a few personality traits/little bit about yourself.]
>>
>>27970775
I'm thinking pink as our body color. Our mane having a red coloration with white stripes, kind of like pic related if the white was red and the red was white. A medium body size as well.

Personality and details should be left to someone else. That's all I got.
>>
>>27970775
Dunno about the coat, but a light pink mane. The manliest of colour schemes.

Style is a relatively short length combed mane and tail. Average height but kind of thin too.

We're outgoing and friendly, but sometimes talk too much.

Inb4 we get Cupid in the end
>>
File: file.png (156KB, 450x217px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
156KB, 450x217px
>>27970775
Is slightly smol persuasive? Probably.
Mane like one of pic related?
Seems like pink is popular but I'm not great with choosing colors.
>>
>>27971022
I like that one on the right. It's slick.
>>
Sorry for the long, long post, wanted to get all the introductions in one go.

"Well, as far as physically, I am about standard height, slightly thin, although by no means frail," you start with a wag of a forehoof.
"My coat is bubblegum pink, my mane and tail cut short to be presentable and colored like a candy cane."

>"He looks tasty like one too!" the host cuts in with a few whistles from the crowd and laughs mingled in.

"Oh, you'd have to sample to know that!" you jab back with more giggles from the audience.
"My cutiemark is a heart with colored up and down arrows to either side, so you know I can give love just as easy as I take it. But no, the meaning behind that you'll have to find out later~" you trail off before thinking on personality traits.
"I'm very personable, outgoing; it's very helpful with my job teaching. I don't know if I'd say it is 'bad' so much as most ponies could do more with speaking out and more often, but I have been told I talk too much. That, too, also helps with my job though!"

>"Whoa-ho, getta load of him, folks," Griff says with a chuckle, another set of talons looped around your neck and another hug forced on you.
>"If I wasn't playing host, I'd definitely try my luck; wouldn't all of you?"

That question elicits yet another thunderous reaction from the crowd, a few choice females offering some very vocal encouragement. For your part, you chuckle some, unpin your ears, and shift as the gryphon lets you go again; not that you weren't comfortable with it, but you'd rather a hen be doing it. That's why you chose specifically to be on the all female day of this show. Plus his cologne isn't exactly subtle either.

>"Haha, okay, but seriously, I've got a lovely lady at home, you all know," Griff goes on as he walks to center stage again.
>"Love you, Giselda.... Now then, ahem, let's hear a greeting from today's contestants! Starting with number one, say hello to Sweet, please."

[1/3]
>>
>>27971060

>"What's up, cute stuff?" a faintly sharp, sassy voice asks over the speakers.
"Oh, the sky, the ceiling, hopes," you reply with a chuckle and perked ears. "How about you?"
>"Ya know, sitting here, ready to try and sweep somepony off his feet," number one shoots back with a giggle.

Being from one of the major tourism spots in Equestria, you hold the good luck of having a wide encyclopedia of various accents and speaking patterns. That means, while the contestants on the other side of those crystal doors are supposed to be anonymous, you can probably tell where they're from by just listening. Taking for example number one, that slightly rough tone means she's probably from Manehattan. It's the kind of city that can make a pony refined and haughty or tough and crass or (rarer) somewhere in-between.

>"Good evening, sir!" number two calls out in a short, firm greeting with higher pitched voice.
"Huh, good evening to you as well," you reply with a quiet chuckle to the intensity.
>"No need for the formalities, number two," Griff reminds with a chuckle.
>"Yes, sir! I mean, sorry sss...," the voice goes on to say, starting sure before hissing out the first letter of the dropped word.

The briefness of those responses probably means that this mare is in the Equestrian Guard (at least, being in the Guard means she's most probably a pony). That would mean that she probably lives in Canterlot. This also means that she could be entitled like most of the unicorns from there are... though, being in the Guard could signify that the opposite is true.

>"Hello, dear; a pleasure to meet you," number three says in a touch deeper, honeyed voice.
"Nice to meet you too," you reply with ears perking again.

Her accent is harder to tell. It could be Canterlot, but something about the tone makes you think differently. Trottingham might be a possibility too, or even somepony that lived a short time in Prance; wherever she lives is probably of the refined sort, at least.

[2/3]
>>
>>27971068

>"Happy to meet you, Mister Sweet Talker," number four calls out in a somewhat profound, yet somehow slightly whiny tone.
"Ahh, likewise," you greet back with a near-silent 'hmm.'

You've never heard this accent before, surprisingly enough. Despite being deep-toned, it's definitely feminine and pretty. That's all you can really come up with for her.

>"Oh, hello, Sweet," number five says sweetly with a hint of deepness and a small amount of energy behind it.
"Good evening," you respond.

Another pony (or otherwise) that you can't really tell the accent from. She sounds refined, so maybe Canterlot or Manehattan, although it could be from any of the big cites across Equestria and beyond. She sounds nice enough, though.

>"Very good! Now that we're all introduced, let's get the game underway," Griff says in a practical explosion of charisma, audience stomping and applauding.
>"The very first thing will be standard questions. Sweet will get to ask each contestant one question in order to get to know her better; the only catch is it can't be her name, species, occupation, or cutiemark if that's applicable. Those count for every question throughout the show. Also, nothing too lewd just yet; we have to wait for after the break and the foals to be put to bed, you know," he tacks on with a chuckle, audience giving a small laugh too.

[Input one question for each contestant]

And okay, going to take a little longer idle for some dinner, sorry for the wait/length of this post again! Back in a bit, can decide/discuss questions with the small interlude.
>>
>>27971074
Is that one question per contestant, or one question that will be asked to all contestants?

Assuming it's the former:
1. For you, what would be the best way to relax with your loved one?
2. If you had to go on a dinner date, what kind of place would you choose?
3. Are you the kind of mare who would rather read a book, or be out working at her job?
4. When there's nothing else to be done, what's the first thing on your mind?
5. If you and your loved one were outside playing around, would you rather be the chased or the chaser?
>>
>>27971199

Yup, one per contestant like this!
>>
>>27971199
I like these questions. It's a good starting point.
>>
>>27971199
I'll take it
>>
You smooth your mane again after shifting in the chair, looking thoughtful for a time. You hadn't really prepared questions beforehand; this kind of thing was something you do on the spot unlike your classroom preparations. Getting ideas for each, you lean towards the mic that Griff holds out for you.

"Number one, what would be the best way to relax with your loved one?" you ask in an easy tone.
>"Hmm, relaxing then?" the bold voice starts with another laugh.
>"Guess he did say better questions weren't until the end. Well, as far as relaxing, I'd say curled up at home after a big meal, nestled against one another, some rubs over manes... maybe bellies," she comments with a huskier tone at the end.
"Ahh, that sounds nice. Add a fireplace and that sounds pleasing," you respond with a chuckle.

"For number two, what kind of restaurant would you choose for a dinner date? What would please your palate?" you question with a soft 'hmm?' following it.
>"Oh, ah, that'd depend on a lot of things like price and what city and...," contestant two starts rambling off.
"Just assume everything is open, whatever you want," you reassure her.
>"Well, then... P-Probably a Gaitian restaurant, mmhmm! Stuffed olive leaves for an appetizer, a salad with that crumbly cheese, then baklava, mmf!" she gushes out.
"Ooh, fine taste. I think we need to get off food as I'm getting hungry!" That comment gets a laugh out most of the building before everypony calms down again

"Number three, are you the kind of mare who would rather read a book, or be out working at her job?"
>"Both are delightful choices, dear," the low, flattering voice rumbles out.
>"I believe my job, however; it is far more enjoyable than time alone with a pleasing tome."
"Heh, my job involves reading, so I can't escape it; but I can agree, I'd rather be teaching reading than doing it myself," you respond with a short nod and clap of your own forehooves.

[1/2]
>>
"Number four, when there's nothing else to be done, what's the first thing on your mind?"
>"Ahh, likes to run!" she barks out with some audible claps over her mic.
>"Like to keep healthy and always good running in parks and out in nature when on vacation," she goes on with a deep giggle.
"Oh, that's always good, yes. Do you think of anything while running?" you ask a follow-up, looking to Griff that gives a nod.
>"Ahm... business, my comics, just random things really."

"Number five, if you and your special somepony were playing around outside, would you rather be the chased or the chaser?" you ask with a playful chuckle.
>"Well now, that's skirting close to something lewd, I bet," she comments back with a snicker, the audience laughing too.
"No, no, it's very tame," you assure with your own laugh.
>"Okay! Well, I think the chased; I have an advantage on either side of the equation, but somepony hunting after you and trying to avoid him just seems more fun and active, hehe!"
"Oh, an advantage?" you ask with a curious tone.
>"Can't tell you that!" she responds in a teasing tone.

Following the last answer, both Griff and the audience go into a much louder ovation combined with a few notes of upbeat music from the speakers. You let your forehooves clop against each other with your own applause, small smile on your face. Before you can do much else, though, the host is waving down the crowd with one set of talons as the mic comes back to your face with the other.

>"So, any more words for the lovely ladies after sharing these little snippets about themselves?" the gryphon asks with a grin and flutter of his wings.

[Any more comments for them? Or are you ready to get questioned?]

Sorry for the longer lag, dinner went long. Less than stellar prompt too, I know, but didn't want a super giant massive post. Plus gives a chance to add anything else in before moving on; will be shorter wait for next post, promise.
>>
>>27971762
We's ready
>>
>>27971762
I think we're good.
>>
>"Isn't this nice, everypony? You can really feel the bonding going on," the gryphon comments with a sway of his tail, wings fluttering again as the audience nods and murmurs in agreement.
>"Of course, now that the ladies have shared," he goes on, unburdened foreleg suddenly looping around your shoulder as he leans in against you again.
>"It's their time to learn a little more about you." This comes along with a waggle of the cat-bird's brow and soft tapping of a talon to the middle of your forehead.
>"So, let's learn what makes you tick, Sweet. Let him have it, girls!"

The last part is called out with a screech, though thankfully that scaly limb carefully cups over the ear closest to the loud host before he does it. With that, he slips away to middle stage again, leaving you to shift and get comfortable without the 'smooth' gryphon using you as something to lounge on again.

While you settle, the lights flicker on stage, bouncing away from you and Griff and suddenly shining specifically on the pink crystalline doorway hiding the first female contestant.

[1/2]
>>
>"Yeah, here's a question for ya," the sassy voice belonging to number one starts.
>"Since you went and asked number two, what's /your/ favorite kinda food and why?"

With the question completed, the spotlight bounces over to the next door (and would do so for every contestant until the end).

>"Yes. Which is your preference: walking in nature or spending time in the city?" contestant two's voice asks directly.
>"Oh, and why, of course," she adds in with the smallest fluster in her tone.

>"Tell me, darling, what is the grandest gesture you could perform for your marefriend?" contestant three smoothly asks.

>"What does p...," contestant four starts before clearing her throat. "What do you think of family? Yours and in general?" she asks in that husky tone after a few moments of quiet.

>"Tell me... hmm... what nicknames you've had before," contestant five comments with enthusiasm.
>"Especially any embarrassing ones," she goes on with a titter.
>>
>>27971902
Sometimes I feel like cities are a little bit too dense for me at times, at least the more inner parts of them. I'd have to go with nature.

Obvious Sweetie Pie
"Let's go for a walkie, Talkie"

Someone else get the others
>>
>>27971902
These can be changed by others if they don't like it
pizza because it's filling and how tasty they can be
walking in nature because you can enjoy the peace and quiet.
the grandest gesture would be to take them anywhere they wanted to go.
my family can be a pain in the butt sometimes but that doesn't stop you from loving them and it's nice to have someone you can always count on.
banana hoof due to ,you guessed it. slipping on a banana
>>
>>27971902
1. Prench, it was a treat for us when we were young.
2. Nature. The city is a fun place to be, but sometimes you just need to get away from it all.
3. A 2-week-long trip across Equestria, with major stops in Manehattan and Canterlot, and finally ending at the Rainbow Falls for a weekend in a romantic, secluded place.
4. I grew up in a close-knit family, and I'm not opposed to settling down with the right one.
5. I was called "Loverboy" in grade school thanks to my coat, mane, and cutie mark. Thankfully my colors can hide a blush pretty well.
>>
Hoof comes to head and rubs it, tapping your horn, a common tic when you think (and something your students like to poke fun at) as you hear each of the female contestants' questions. Griff and the audience look on expectantly, you offering a soft smile as you shift slightly, getting ready to speak.

"Oh, I have many kind of foods I really favor; it's difficult to choose just one," you start with a nod even if she can't see it.
"Pizza is always good, of course! Simple dough baked, tomato sauce, a wide variety of toppings, who wouldn't like that? Prench also in general; it has both rich tastes and subtle flavors."
>"Hmm, that's acceptable," number one comments back in a playfully judging way.

"Definitely nature - I spend too much time in the city as it is, fun as it can be. They can be too crowded though."
"Out in the forest or just in a nice green field, you can hear your own thoughts and the sounds of the animals. If we do end up together, you'll certainly hear me ask if you want to go for a walkie... talkie," you comment with a teasing rise of your voice to the rhyming end.
>"Oh, yes, I'd love that!" number two sounds off... before making a cute grunt.
>"Uhm, I mean, yeah, th-that's a good answer. Good, good!"

"Grandest gesture, hmm?" you question back thoughtfully.
"I imagine one of the biggest things I could do for my marefriend would be a trip across Equestria, seeing any spot she'd like and especially stopping at Manehattan and Canterlot. Then something more intimate to end the adventure with a stop at Rainbow Falls. Definitely rent out one of the cottages there, enjoy the sights and each other."
>"Mmm... I like the way you think, doll," number three purrs out.
>"Maybe we'll have to see about that sometime, whatever happens."

[1/3]
>>
>>27972451

"I grew up in a close-knit family, though that's not to say we didn't have our problems," you start with a chuckle.
"Family's always got your back, or should in my opinion, and I love them for all our scuffles and disagreements. I'd be willing to settle down with the right one of course; mother always chastises me for not finding a special somepony to give her grandfoals every time I visit, heh."
>"That's very good answer, yes," number four agrees, a few more claps coming over her mic.
>"You're a smart pony."

"Nicknames!" you begin, punctuating with a 'hmm!' at the end.
"There are three that I recall, though a couple got more use than others. Lovercolt and Sweetie Pie were two of the most common, the former from my coloring and cutiemark and the latter from my name and sweet demeanor, of course. I'm glad pink hides a flush well or my cheeks would have matched part of my mane for quite a lot of my younger life!" That comment gets giggles from the crowd as you wag a hoof towards them.
"The other one was Banana Hoof. It's a little more embarrassing as I slipped on a banana peel and managed to land right in the nearby ice cream vat we got to make sundaes on Friday with; at least it was chocolate!"
>"Ooh, hehe! So cute! And bet you looked so tasty," number five says with another laugh, audience giving some calls of agreement for that comment.

The audience and Griff stamp/clap to the answers before the latter snaps his talons and is back under the spotlight in center stage. He waves for the applause to stop, smile on his beak as they follow the visual order and twitching his tail as harp music starts to play in the newly found quiet.

[2/3]
>>
>>27972460

>"Well, folks, we've had some fun so far," the gryphon says with soft chuckle, looking over to you, then to the crystalline doors.
>"But now's time for the only consistent part to our show.... Well, other than finding a special somepony for our contestants, of course." Griff punctuates that with a waggle of claws toward you with a second spotlight shining down over your seat, albeit this one pink, making you partly blending into it. It quickly turns to red with a flick of the host's talons upward.
>"Right now, however, we get to learn about love," he trills out with a short sashay over to your chair again, sitting down beside it with a heavier flutter of the strings from the harp.
>"Or what our contestants think of it. It means a little something different to every creature in the sky, land, or sea, after all. So, Sweet, what does love mean to you, hmm?" the gryphon asks with another shift, flapping wings and hovering above you, talons patting your head.
>"And don't worry, the ladies will be telling us /their/ thoughts on the subject in just a moment, so be candid, honest, and truthful!"

And okay, I really need to rest. Leave an answer to 'Love' and any feedback, questions, concerns you may have; will be back around 5-5:30 EST tomorrow. This experiment is definitely proving some things to me (especially how wrong I was to pick five instead of three contestants considering the amount of writing), so thank you everyone for participating and see you tomorrow!
>>
>>27972466
Don't need money, don't take fame,
Don't need no open tab credit card to ride this train.
It's strong and it's sudden, and it's cruel sometimes,
But it might just save your liiiiiiife.

But seriously, love is a powerful, magical thing. One of my friends from up north once told me that the only thing keeping the Crystal Empire from turning into a frozen wasteland is the crystal ponies' devotion to each other. I hope I can find a warmth like that someday.

I've been on a few dates before, but none of them really worked out. That's why I'm here tonight. I'm looking for my better half, somepony to care for and hold close. Maybe it won't be love at first sight, seeing how we're on opposite sides of this curtain, but I like what I'm hearing so far - and if I'm not mistaken, it sounds like some of you feel the same way.

Will one of you ladies be the one for me? And would I be the one for you? Let's see where this night takes us.
>>
bedtime bump
>>
File: Candy Stallion.png (180KB, 800x732px) Image search: [Google]
Candy Stallion.png
180KB, 800x732px
Is this your card?
>>
>>27972466
Already getting into the philosophical questions huh?

Well then, it should be obvious that love doesn't have an easy answer. There are many ways to define love, and not all of them have to include bedsheets. Before Equestria, it was compassionate love for a fellow pony that stopped the whole country from freezing over. It was romantic love that brought my parents together, and let them slowly build the family that I'm happy to have today. Its platonic love that I have for my family and friends, that makes me go the extra mile to see them happy, because they do the same for me.

Love is a wonderful emotion, that takes time to build but can go into anything from the sibling that baked you a cake to the life that makes things interesting and keeps you guessing.

Just because I get to leave this set with someone when the night is over doesn't mean they have to be the perfect one for me, I'm not naive. But if there's a chance for love to grow, even if its not the romantic kind I'm expecting, why not take it? It would be worth the effort, I think.

As a teacher, "What is love?" is a question that gets asked sometimes.
>>
I come back to some very thorough explanations of love and some awesome art too! Now that's a nice Sunday! Thanks to you players for your excellent replies and to the awesome artfriend for the picture of Sweet Talker and looking, I did forget to ask eye color, so unless there are any objections, we'll canonize that right now. This is probably going to be another giant post, but I'm hoping these aren't too much to slog through/are enjoyable in some way - promise that once the gameshow is over/co-star is chosen, will be shorter posts when the real CYOA starts. Here we go!
>>
You clear your throat after another short thought collection, horn tapped and you shift to stand up. A question as important as this would require proper posture to answer, even if it is somewhat waxing philosophical. It almost feels like giving a lecture to your students, to be honest, the audience like your pupils silently waiting for you to explain one of the most difficult subjects they've ever heard of... except it's not that easy for you, either. Still, you were going to give it your best shot.

"I sometimes get asked this question in my classroom, actually," you begin in a warm, but serious tone.
"Young mares- and stallions-to-be can be quite curious on the subject despite nopony really understanding it. It's a wonderful thing, though; it's what made the Windigos get extinguished so long ago and what makes the Crystal Empire shine so bright. And that's just a more platonic kind of love between all of ponykind, the things we do to make each other feel happy and warm!" you punctuate with a waggle of a forehoof, then start a small pacing.
"Things like offering a friend a hug or baking a sibling a cake, all examples of sharing love. Romantic love burns just a touch hotter, though; it's probably why it among all kinds of love can take the longest to show. That's not to say I don't believe in love at first sight, but I'm not so naive as to think it will happen tonight, although you all sound like lovely girls and it sounds like some of you may have already taken a shining to me." Aside from the harp music, everypony else is silent... until somepony mumbles a 'mmhmm!' into their mic, making the audience giggle slightly. You're pretty sure it was number two based on the worried noise following it.

[1/4]
>>
"I know, I may not find the romance my parents have here tonight - I may just find a dear friend instead of a marefriend or more - but it's worth giving it a chance. Most important of all, I'm looking for somepony special that I can care for, hold close. Somepony to build a home with and stoke the fires of adventure and intimacy together."

With your loving speech done, you return to your seat, smoothing out your tuxedo as you look out at the crowd. Pony, gryphon, or otherwise seems kind of dumbfounded and Griff doesn't seem to be faring much better. The silence nearly gets uncomfortable before all at once, the audience explodes in cheers and claps, stamps, whinneys, screeches, howls, a plethora of excited noises! The gryphon nearby gives his own happy grin and plenty of claps, though one set of talons soon waves the crowd to try and settle down which they eventually do.

>"See? Now isn't that an excellent answer?" Griff exclaims with some added claps, starting the audience up again before he quickly waves them down again.
>"A truly fitting definition, yes! Definitely one of the top ten... even top three we've had on this show, I bet!"
>"So, now that we've heard from Sweet, let's hear from everypony else, shall we? And, while not stifle our contestants, let's have the answers be a little more brief," he asks with a look to the doors.

The harp music hits a crescendo for several moments as lights flash on the doors, finally stopping with a red spotlight landing on the first one. The music, too, ends up settling as contestant one clears her throat.

>"Don't know how I'm gonna follow an answer like that," she starts with a less saucy tone than previous comments, but still with a giggle.
>"But I'll give it a try! Love really is an honest thing. The somepony I'm gonna fall for definitely has to be true with themselves and with me. That's how you make things work, ya know."

[2/4]
>>
>"Uhm, can I pass?" contestant two mumbles with some audible shifts thanks to the nearby mic in her booth.
>"Of course not, number two. Just speak from your heart, it'll be fine," Griff assures her.
>"I-I was just kidding! Really, love is a natural thing!" she starts off with a louder boom to her voice.
>"It's something you grow and nurture with your partner, at home and in the field. You water it with trust and affection. It becomes powerful like that!"

>"It's a give and take kind of ideal for me," contestant three nearly purrs out with a small giggle.
>"Love requires a very symbiotic, harmonious relationship most of the time, after all. You really need to be open to your partner."

>"Ahh, love is... something special you share with somepony dear," contestant four says with some kind of rumble; more like a growl than number three's purr.
>"Both feelings and physical things, yes. Nice words and pets very good to give one another and help you feel closer."

>"I like how Sweet put it - it IS something like an adventure, getting to learn about your special somepony," contestant five nearly bellows with the 'clop-clop' of clapping hooves.
>"The more you know about them, the better things will be; cuddles while sharing are especially good study time, hehe!"

The audience goes off as the last contestant finishes, cheering with various agreements to each of the suggestions on what 'Love' is.

>"Wasn't that exceptional, folks? It's always a delight to hear the various ideals of that wonderful thing we all want!" Griff comments with a trill and some claps.
>"But for now, we've got to take our break of the night!" he goes on, nearly exploding with wings flapping him into mid-air again.
>"It's also time for all the sweet little fillies and colts to be put to bed as our next segments can get rather... risqué; things will probably be said that aren't meant for innocent foals', hatchlings', or otherwise's ears."

[3/4]
>>
This information gets catcalls from the audience along with hoots, whinneys, a howl or two, and other assorted noises of raunchier approval. You can't help but smirk some and shake your head with a chuckle. Griff also flutters down close with a sort of grin, making you grunt as he nudges against your side with a foreleg, clucking beak and offering a sly wink. He looks back at the crowd, letting them get that energy out before fluttering higher again into the spotlight with a silencing eagle-ish cry.

>"Now then! Our sponsor for this week is the Joists Foundation - curing the incurable and helping disadvantaged ponies live healthier, happier lives. If you'd like to help somepony have a better, and probably more love-filled life, consider donating to them! Thank you; we'll be right back, so stay tuned!" the gryphon rambles off before the lights flash, then end up dimming.

Several makeup ponies rush up to you and Griff while the audience starts to talk among itself, both of you getting touched up with the host getting most of it from his aerobatics mussing up his feathery 'do. Once they're done, all that's left is to listen to the muzak playing through the studio, until the gryphon comes over and leans against the chair.

>"You weren't kidding about the talking too much thing, were you?" he teases with another nudge of his foreleg and cluck.
>"But that was truly beautiful, don't get me wrong. So, how are you feeling? Have anypony in mind to choose yet or any other thoughts before we go live again?"
>>
>>27977051
Feeling pretty good. they all seem nice. can't i pick them all? but really i guess 4 seems good. how many more segments are there?
>>
>>27977051
Personally, so far Number 2 is my favorite
>>
>>27977051
I'm feeling pretty good. I thought it would be a lot more uncomfortable on live television, but it's actually alright.

They're all nice girls, and I may have one in particular... but we'll have to see where things go.

Oh, and do you know where I can get some water? I'm feeling kind of thirsty.
>>
>>27977051
2 and 5 are both pretty good.
>>
>>27977051
So far I'm liking 2 and 4.

Also
>Joists Foundation
How much crossover will this thing have?
>>
"Oh, I'm doing fine; glad this is just radio instead of something that'd ponies across the country would be watching me. And all the girls are lovely. Can't I pick them all?"
>"Eheh, when the show first started, we tried that; how 'Stable' was chosen in the title," Griff explains with a small scratch behind his head.
>"But that was costing too much money and the owners decided promotion of more monogamous dating was the way to go."
"Ahh, of course," you respond with a chuckle. "Speaking of that, how many more segments are there?"
>"Oh, another back and forth coming up, then hopefully one or two more before time runs out."
"Good, good. Hmm, could I get some water?" you ask with a chuckle.
"I'd ask for a snack too, but that'd be rude in front of everypony else."

Griff blinks, then makes a 'tsk' noise, snapping talons with a glance towards backstage. A unicorn emerges and he whispers something to him with a slightly agitated expression, the pony giving some quick nods then running to the back. He returns nearly instantly with a large glass of water with a straw and table, setting the latter down first before putting the drink on it, then zipping off before you can even say thanks.

>"Sorry about that, they're supposed to keep something out here for our guests all the time."
"Oh, it's not problem," you say, taking a slurp of the water, letting out a satisfied sigh.
"Much better. To give a more direct answer, two, four, and five all seem to be piquing my interest, but I'm not decided on anything just yet, of course."
>The host mumbles thoughtfully for a moment, then chuckles with a pat to your shoulder. "Hope you're a pony with exotic tastes regarding some of those."
"What do you mean?" you ask with your own confused little blink.
>"All I can say is remember that starting last season, we have more than just ponies and gryphons as contestants," he comments with another cluck, flapping his wings.
>>
>>27977480

Before you can continue that conversation, the lights start blinking over the audience, then those dim and the stage gets illuminated again. Griff bounces into the spotlight on middle stage again, standing on paws and wings unfurled as he begins.

>"Welcome back, folks!" the gryphon explodes with energy, flapping in the air a few times before landing on stage again next to your chair.
>"Let's get right to it, shall we? All the young ones should be tucked away in bed, so we can be a little more open about certain proclivities if you please," he goes on with another knock to your barrel, making you grunt and give him a little side-glance. He definitely likes the nudging, it seems.
>"You get to ask each of the five contestants another question; however, this one can be as lewd as you'd like! It's important to know your partner's interest in /that/ department as well, after all!" He claps for this comment and the crowd joins in both verbally and with other audible means of agreement.
>"You don't have to, of course, but just know it's an option. And you can bet our other contestants are probably going to ask something bawdy!" he tacks on before the mic comes to your snout again, spotlight shining solely on you once more.

[Input one question for each contestant again, lewd or otherwise]

And probably only a reference here or there as far as crossover potential.
>>
>>27977486
number one, do you have anywhere sensitive on your body you liked to be touched other then the obvious?
two if i asked you to wear a sexy outfit what would you put on?
three do you like to give or receive pleasure more?
four how much energy do you have in the bedroom?
five whats a good way to get you in the mood?

these can be switched or just plain replaced.
>>
>>27977486

1. You liked physical contact when we talked earlier. Which would you prefer, to be the big spoon, or the little spoon?
2. How long would it take your lover to take the next steps in a relationship, with trust being so important?
3. Love is a give and take relationship for you. How hard would you make them work for it?
4. Are you the kind of girl who enjoys having sweet nothings whispered in your ear?
5. How "active" are you, normally?
>>
>>27970212

https://youtu.be/E0LAs7X5ybE
>>
"Number one, you said you liked physical contact earlier, so I wonder: as far as cuddling, do you prefer to be the big spoon or the little spoon?"
>"Hmm, that's a better question, though not the best," the sassy voice teases with a snicker.
>"But it might seem silly for me, but I think big spoon. Hugging up behind somepony, legs curled around them, it's nice," she goes on with satisfied sigh.
>"Plus, it'd be easier to rub on someone... and I don't mean /like that/ specifically either. It might be cheating for ya, but I do have this sweet spot on my chin and neck that just makes me shiver sometimes, hehe."
"Ooh, that is something nice to know. We'll have to see how it works out if we get the chance," you respond with a touch of playfulness.
>"I hope so... eventually!"

"Number two, trust is important in any romance. So, how long would it take you to be comfortable with me going beyond dates and gentle kisses and hugs to the next steps of a relationship?"
>"Oh, ah, you mean like... private bedroom things?" she asks with half-hidden timidity.
"Somewhat. More just moving deeper into the intimacies of love," you explain with warm tone.
>"Well... I don't know if I can put a time on that. It'd all depend on... how he treated me. I may be tough, but I've always liked calm, gentle shifting into new things. Being in un... wearing clothes as often as I do, it'd be a while before I could go more naturally. N-Not that it'd be that long," she adds on with a worried inflection.
"Heh, no worries - everypony has their own speed."
>>
"You said love is a give and take relationship, number three. So, do you prefer to give or take more and how hard do make a pony work for your attention?"
>"Quite bold, dear," she rumbles out, taking in a deep breath before letting out a sigh.
>"While it should be equal, I do prefer to receive attention, I will admit. I give a lot in other facets of my life, so somepony treating me special is refreshing, you know."
>"As far as how hard it is to get mine, mmn.... If I truly believe I want somepony, then it isn't that difficult. They'll definitely be taken care of if they show me I should give it to them." She trails that with another purr.
"Hmm, I'm not sure if that is a complete answer," you say smoothly.
>"Well, doll, if your grand gesture is anything to go by, you would work hard enough. How's that?" she asks with a titter.
"I suppose that's acceptable then," you reply with your own small laugh.

"Number four, are you the kind of girl that enjoys having sweet nothings whispered in your ear?"
>"Oh, yes!" she says almost immediately as you finish the question.
>"Always like nice things said to me. Will also give as many back. Though, I like them in exhausted cuddlings after or warming up most," she adds in, a gasp and giggle from the crowd at the forwardness.
"Hmm? Sounds like you're quite the eager filly," you say with some lighthearted chiding.
>"Didn't mean it like that," she replies with a whine.
"It's okay, it's okay, don't worry." You offer that with a few calming hoofwaves even if she can't see them.

[2/4]
>>
"So, number five, you seem kind of 'open' about suggestive things. How 'active' are you normally?" you ask with a snorting laugh.
>"Do I seem that way?" she asks, higher pitch trying to sound offended but the giggling after wrecking this.
>"Well, I guess so, but it's not like I go into the bedroom with any male I'm sweet on. It's been... ah, don't even remember the last time I even got a cuddle or boop. My job keeps me busy and sometimes exhausted; although, a nice massage can get things going easier if you know what I mean."
"I believe everypony would," you shoot back, both her and the crowd giggling from it.

A glance out to the audience show some stunned silence while the rest of the crowd is back to energetic reactions to those responses, a few even eyeing you in various states of desire. You shift in your seat and offer a respectable smile, giving you own little wave at them in hopes they settle down. The host himself is waiting for the audience to calm down, standing there with that casual grin until the catcalls and other comments and sounds from start to die down.

>"Wew, now that's why we put the young ones to bed before this segment!" Griff says with some fans of his free talons toward his beak and flaps of his wings.
>"Hopefully we didn't scare anypony off with all of that, hmm Sweet?" he asks, giving your short mane a ruffle before moving away from your chair, light hitting him and blinking on the four remaining contestants' doors.
>"And hopefully that gave the girls some ideas on what to ask /you/!" he goes on with a point your way before swinging that to the other side of the stage.
>"Now's your chance, ladies; ask him whatever you want: sweet and innocent orrrrrr saucy and deviant! It's all fair game!"

The flashing lights finally settle with a singular spotlight on contestant one's door.

[3/4]
>>
>"All right, well," she starts off with an audible grin, hooves clapping together twice.
>"Gonna ask what the other girls are probably wondering too since it's honestly one of the more important things ta me."
>"How're you in life and in bed: ya like bein' in control or lettin' your marefriend take the reins? Or a mix of it?" she asks with bold simplicity before snickering.
>"And the reins thing was just a turn of phrase, but if you're into it~" she adds on with some 'OOOHs' out of the audience and a chuckle.

>"Thank Celestia she asked it," you can hear number two mumble. She still doesn't seem to know others can hear her like that.
>"Ah, my turn! Uhm... ah, what's your favorite... kind of kiss?" she awkwardly inquires with a another bout of uncertainty.

>"What are some of your deepest kinks, hmm dear?" contestant three asks with her usual honeyed voice.
>"I'd like to hear what would really make you moan and whinney," she goes on in a forward rumble, eliciting some more calls and comments from the audience.

>"Not sure if should ask what I wanted after your question," number four comments with another tiny whine.
"Go ahead, any question you like," you reassure her.
>"Okay, well..., would like to know what position you like best, hugging an... or other things," number four requests, replacing the obvious 'and.'
>"Hugging or other things."

>"What's the strangest place you've been intimate - hugging, kissing, even... hoof-holding?" contestant five asks with her slightly deep voice followed by a giggle, crowd gasping to the last word.
>"Or other things, hehe! Because I have some ideas if we end up getting together, just so y'know! And not all of them would be 'active' either!"

Sorry for the long wait there, some RL stuff and figuring out how to word the answer to try and answer both sets of questions. Gonna take a quick break, be back in an hour or (probably) less. Post answers to the questions and will type up the thing when I get back!
>>
>>27978229
>On the four remaining doors.

Pardon?

>>27978242
Oh, wait, never mind.

1. A little aggressive, but not forceful. If I'm introduced to new things I may go along with it, but it might take a while for me to get used to.
2. Loving pecks.
3. ____________________
4. From the front, mostly, but I don't mind getting it from behind. Hugged from behind, I mean.
5. ____________________
>>
>>27978242
1. Both are good. Some days it's nice to be in charge - others, she can take the lead.
2. Long, slow, sensual. The kind you can savor.
3. Teasing is fun, especially if it can lead to more than one round. But mostly, I like to put the ladies first. That reins comment may have been a joke earlier, but I'm open to new ideas.
4. Belly to belly. There's something more intimate about both parties opening up like that.
5. Strangest place - probably that time I was on a grassy hilltop, stargazing with a filly friend of mine.
>>
>>27978242
how about the strangest place being an office closet?
>>
You follow your usual ritual, albeit somewhat taken aback by the grinning audience. Many of these mares and otherwise definitely need to find somepony themselves, sheesh!

"Based on the last answer, I imagine you do like to take the reins," you start off the first response with a jab.
>"Honest, I honestly do," she responds with some laughs between you two and also the crowd.
"Well, I'm fine with that. There's nothing wrong with having a girl treat you how she wants; but on the other hoof, I like to be in charge sometimes myself. I can be a tad aggressive in the bedroom, after all... or elsewhere sneaking a kiss or a boop. And I'm open to try things I've never done before too, though it may take a while to get really used to it." That last comment is punctuated by a little rumble of your own.
>"Hehe, well, like you said, everypony has their own speed!"

"A favorite kind of kiss? That's a toughie as it all depends. Sometimes a loving peck is just right to make a girl blush or just feel appreciated."
>"Oh, that's true," number two agrees with a giggle.
"And sometimes a long, slow, sensual kiss is proper, to make a mare tremble and let us both savor every moment of it," you drawl out with the faintest sultry tone.
>"O-Oh, ahh... yes," she responds with a quiet mix of a whine and giggle.

"Foreplay, especially teasing is most definitely one of my favorite things to share with a lovely lady. It can lead to all kinds of fun, especially more than ones," you say with another small rumble.
>"Yes, that's a very fine choice, dear," number three replies with a giggle and another 'mmn' following it.
"And like I said before, I'm open to new things, if you ever want to share some kinky thing or another; I do like to put the ladies first. And I am a teacher, so I may be able to teach you something as well."
>"Believe me, I'll keep that in mind."

[1/2]
>>
"Definitely front to front for most things. There's nothing like facing your special somepony with both of you entwining the other, feeling chests rise and fall together and bellies nuzzling, gazing into her eyes,"
>"That's a very good answer," number four barks out with some loud claps.
"I don't mind being the little spoon and getting it from behind either, though. And I mean hugs for that, of course, eheh!"
>"Hehe, of course." That comes with a deep giggle.

"The strangest place, hmm... well, there was this one time in an office closet," you start with with a rising intonation.
>"Oh, do tell!" number five says eagerly.
"Heh, I don't think even with the foals being put to bed that I'd be allowed to elaborate on that, whatever might have happened," you tease further.
"Another one, though, that's a little more special to me was when a filly friend and I were on a grassy hilltop, watching Luna raise the moon and the twinkling stars. There's nothing more delightful and intimate than a moment like that, ahh~"
>"We'll have to try that if we get the chance; I love stargazing!"

>"Wow, we might need some weather ponies in here to clear up all this steam!" Griff comments with a long whistle, then chuckles.

The audience is clapping, stamping, the usuals again. You imagine most anything could get them worked up; it reminds you of some of the crowds at Neighagra Falls how easily this is happening. The gryphon is egging them on with a few fluttering flaps in the air before he's back beside you, although he rests his foreleg on the hoofrest instead of using you as support this time.

>"Now's time for something a little different," the host starts up again with a nod and lash of his tail.
>"Sweet mentioned he was hungry earlier, so let's get him to a snack. We've asked the girls to pick a favorite treat to share with him; however, due to time, we'll have to shorten it down from five to... let's say three."

[Which three contestants' treats do you want to sample?]
>>
>>27979066
1 3 and 5
>>
>>27979066
2, 4, and 5
Would it count if I picked our own? Sweet is technically a contestant.
>>
>>27979146

Hmm, clever! But he didn't bring/make anything for himself and apparently didn't nibble anything in the green/dressing room.
>>
>>27979066
2, 3, 5
>>
>>27979066
I'm going to have to go with 3.
>>
>>27979066
1, 2, 4.
>>
>>27979113
I vote 2, 3, 4.
Sorry, other contestants! I do hope to try your dishes at some point.
>>
"That's a tough choice to make! I'd like to sample each of them!" you say with a huff. Some of the audience titters with this as you're glad for a pink coat as cheeks burn.
"Each of the delicious treats, the edible kind!"

>"Haha! Right away," Griff says, moving the glass of water to the other side of the table as he whistles.

The same male unicorn from before comes out, silver tray floating in front of him and easily finding its way on the table. He dashes off as you look at the three snacks; definitely treats as they were desserts. Sweets for Sweet, you imagine is the pun.

Starting on the left, it looked like a plain muffin with little green leaves in it; a closer inspection with your snout makes you mumble happily. The green flecks were mint, tasty! In the middle was a decadent looking chocolate... almost blob of sorts, ganache bleeding over whatever was underneath it. On the right, a light, spongy looking cake, very airy and lightly sweet smelling.

>"Enjoy! This is from number two, number three, number five," he points out, following from your left to right with his talons.

"Thank you all," you express gratitude before digging in.

The muffin is indeed mint, pretty yummy if not slightly burnt on the bottom. There's also the faintest orange flavor there, but the minty taste pretty much overpowers that - yet still very nice.

The chocolate... whatever is rich. You only take a few nibbles of the indulgent thing before taking a few big sips of water, slapping your tongue against your lips some. You like chocolate, but this was a touch overboard.

The cake is puffy, almost dissolving when it meets your tongue. There's a hint of vanilla, a splash of sweetness. Quite delightful itself.

[1/2]
>>
"Ooh, how can I describe such fantastic confectioneries? I'd surely say that..."

You start to explain your thoughts, but are silenced as it sounds like lightning strikes somewhere backstage, thunderclap practially rattling the building and shaking of the crowd along with making Griff's feathers POOF out, making his tux look stuffed! The gryphon seems taken aback by the noise himself, rubbing the side of his head with his free talons and looking behind him with feathers all ruffled up.

>"Jeesh, it seems like /somepony/ picked a cloud far too large to signal the lightning round!" the gryphon yells back towards backstage.

There's a loud masculine 'Sorry!' called back which makes the crowd laugh and cheer despite the terrifying sound that just happened. Griff also starts chuckling, smoothing down his feathers and flapping his wings a few times.

>"Well, I can't blame you for being enthusiastic!" he goes on with a small eagle-ish call before settling in beside your chair again.
>"But yes! The lightning round! It's the last time you get to ask questions before making the BIG decision, Sweet! So, better make 'em count, loverpony! And remember the time limit on what you ask all of them!" he suggests loudly with another screech that pins your ears down for a moment, mic booping your snout this time.

[Input questions for all five of the girls to answer - less detailed/yes or no questions can be more plentiful while more detailed ones less so.]
>>
>>27979526
stay at home or eat out?
favorite season?
favorite color?
Day pony or night pony?
>>
>>27979526
If you could go to any concert in the world, what kind of music would it be?
Which do you prefer - fireworks, or campfires?
>>
>>27979818
And by campfires I mean fireplaces. Fuck, I need sleep.
>>
>>27979862

I know that feel. Starting writing now, so if anyone wants to sneak in any questions more, go for it. Next prompt after this final information learning is going to be the ULTIMATE choice of which pony and I'm going to end the session and leave that up until early afternoon/whenever I get home tomorrow as it's going to be a big post and need sleep for work as I'm sure other people do too and people will have a longer opening to post decisions/discuss if need be then.
>>
>>27979915
It's not going to just end once we choose, right? Do we get to see/play the weekend afterward too?
>>
>>27980097

Yeah, though will be a short time before get to that point. Will explain things at the end of this thread, but nah, this was just to choose the co-star; have a lot more CYOA to grow from it with hopefully less giant posts since will be far less characters to handle at one time.
>>
You start to think of what to ask, hoof halfway to your head... but Griff snaps talons and the 'tick-tick-tick-tick' of a clock starts! Oh boy, that's not good!

"Ah, ah," you stumble, some flails of your forehooves.
"Do you prefer to stay at home or eat out? What season is your favorite? Oh, and color, that's always a good tell for... something!" you ramble off, looking to the host who was grinning and clapping along with the ticks.
"Are you sure I can't have more time?" you ask, horn glowing as you make something of a pouty face toward the gryphon, then your snout turning into a frown as he just shakes his head and clap-claps faster.
"All right, all right! Day or Night? Both are wonderful times of day and they've both got their appeal; I prefer..." you keep on before Griff clears his throat. Yeah, not a time for that just now!
"Uhm, as far as night, or I guess in general, fireworks or fireplaces? Oh-oh, music; if you could go to any concert, what kind of music would it be? And maybe I should ask..."

'KABONG!' a loud gong sounds, being almost as loud as the thunderclap that started all of this. The crowd and the gryphon seem less rattled by it though; you're still a bit frazzled from the rapidity of having to ask those questions!

>"And time! That's it! Good speed if not a small lack of composure, heh heh! Let's get our answers, shall we?" the host asks, coming closer and looping an arm around your neck, spotlights blinking on the five doors before landing on number one.

>"Oh, definitely stay at home and cook," the sassy voice says quickly.
>"Season's gotta be summer; best beach-going time. Hmm... color, gonna have to say lemon yellow. Day and night is hard, but probably daylight wins over night. Fireworks with you in front of a fireplace," she sneaks in with a snicker.
>"Though really, a fireplace by itself with somepony is the best. Music's hard too... probably Jazz or Swing, something with horns. If in a mood, maybe a small concert of Pony Pop."
>>
>"Ahm, ahh," number two squeaks out with some quick breaths.
>"Stay at home, Spring, Green, Daytime," she lists off after a few deeper puffs.
>"Fireworks are pretty... but a quiet night with a fireplace is better, mmhmm! And music... something with flutes? I-I'm not sure of the kind, but it's slow and steady and relaxing with a few quick tunes in it too!"

>"Mmm... eating out with dessert at home, winter for being close to somepony, purple is my favorite color," number three starts, sounding somehow relaxed while speaking quickly.
>"The night is the most sublime time, you can do /a lot/ of things during it, you know. A fireplace is wonderful during a cool winter's evening. And a fine companion to the night is classical music; I've been before, but I'd love to see the Canterlot Orchestra live once again."

>"Eating out is more fun, summer is hot, but most favorite," the deep, rumbly voice goes on.
>"Color... yellow is pretty, but not bright yellow; darker color. Night is better as is dark and fireworks are pretty once realize they're not scary. Country music is probably best, some really nice music-making ponies down near Dodge City and in southern swamps."

[2/3]
>>
>"Oh, both eating out and staying in are super fun! Probably spending a night at home is better, though," the enthusiastic voice of number five starts.
>"Season's harder to choose... probably Spring from the pretty colors of nature. Blue is a really nice color in almost every shade and mmf... we'll go with night for time of day. These are tough for being simple!" she playfully complains.
>"Fireworks go great with night and as far as a concert, I'd say something fast like Pony Pop or some kinda Rock."

Before there's any chance to respond to those rapid fire replies, the 'KABONG' sounds again along with a trill of harps. Griff suddenly shoots into the air in a graceful twirl, then lets out one more eagle call before landing beside you.

>"All right!" he starts with a few claps, then tosses the mic from one set of talons to the other.
>"Now's the time for that final decision, Sweet Talker! It's your choice on which lucky lady gets to share the weekend with you and potentially become your marefriend and more!"
>"So, think long, hard, and thoroughly on this... but definitely let your heart pick over everything else. After all, if you follow that, you can never go wrong, right?" he asks with the microphone near your snout again, the audience letting out a collective 'Awww~' to the notion.

[It's that time! Pick the contestant one through five that you want to spend the weekend and rest of the CYOA wooing. Some kind of consensus definitely needed, so discuss, give reasons as you'd like.]
>>
Okay, time for sleep. Like said a little earlier, going to keep this prompt open until afternoon-ish maybe even evening tomorrow to make sure people get a chance to vote. Thanks for playing so far and hope you've had fun along the way!
>>
2's definitely a guard of some sort, 4's definitely a dog. I like 4, personally, but I'm gonna vote for 2 because I feel like it would be better for Sweet.
>>
>>27980314
I like numbers 2 and 3. 2 sounds like the kind of girl you can come home to after a long day on the job, but 3 sounds like a lady who you could take out with you, and who you could spend hours talking to without running out of things to discuss.

The question, then:
>a nice, demure housewife, who undoubtedly would put effort into the relationship and build up to something really special, even though we're different in a few key areas
Or
>a confident, elegant mare we could play off of in conversation and vice versa, someone who could back up our outgoing nature and persuasive talents

It's a tough choice, but I'm voting 3.
>>
>>27980555
Sick number m8.
This Anon knows his shit, I vote for the guard qt.
>>
File: Paper_Pen.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Paper_Pen.png
6KB, 400x400px
>>27970212
"My special talent is writing, and my mark is an inkwell"
>>
http://pastebin.com/yKequbRp
>>27980555 here.
I made a reference guide so you don't have to scroll up and down repeatedly
to get an idea of each contestant.
>>
Two by far. The shyest ones are by far the most freakiest!
>>
>>27980555
>>27980581
I second the second contestant
>>
>>27980993
I think 5's a bat, but I'm not completely sure. 1 and 3 seem like regular ponies.
>>
Bump with fitting quest music.

https://youtu.be/EHV0zs0kVGg
>>
>>27981516

Bedtime bump. Good music choice too.
>>
number two famalam
>>
Contestant two for a loving couple of two
>>
Nobody else likes 3? Oh well.
>>
>>27981060
>>27980555
2 is some sort of guard
4 is a diamond dog
3 is a griffon
1 and 5 are the ones I'm unsure about.

That said, I'm perfectly fine for either 2 or 4.
>>
>>27984847
What makes you think Gryphon?
>>
>>27984857
The constant purring.
>>
You nod with a smile to the host's advice even as your hoof comes up, rubbing a temple, tapping your horn, then taking a deep breath. This was a big decision; yet even with all the glitz of a radio show and all those eyes of the audience on you, you knew who you would pick. Not from your head, but from what your heart was telling you, for sure.

"You are all wonderful girls, let me tell you that," you begin with a solemn tone.
"I am very happy to have met you and wish I could spend more time with you all. It's like life always teaches us and I teach my students - meeting somepony new is always a chance to make a new friend and friendship is magic, as we all know."
"I could go on, but I feel like I shouldn't." It was more that Griff was twirling a talon at the start of your speech to indicate haste, you giving him a terse look before taking another long breath.
"So while I wish you all the best of luck, I'm going to have to take a chance with contestant number two!" you shout with conviction!

With your answer called out, music plays again with bouncing lights, then landing on the second door as both Griff and the audience explode with applause.

>"Well, there you have it, folks!" Griff yells with a flap of his wings.
>"The stallion has spoken! But, before we meet our special somepony-to-be, let's meet the remaining contestants that might not have found somepony today, but we know they'll do it soon!" he continues with a flutter over near the doors, spotlight following him over to contestant one's door.

>"Contestant number one may be small, but she really packs a punch! When she's not whipping up something delicious at her restaurant on the city's upper east side, you can find her out swimming in the ocean or tearing up the dance floor or helping other ponies do it on the Trumpet. The Earth pony dynamo from Manehattan, it's Spicy Snack!" he announces with the door descending quickly.

[1/6]
>>
The spotlight lands on number one, making you blink in disbelief and lean forward slightly. She's surely not a filly, but unquestionably one of the smallest mares you've ever seen. No horn, no wings, so obviously an Earth pony - she's got a short, spiky yellow mane and a deep orange coat, although that's covered up mostly by a green dress that pools around her stout frame in her seat. She gives a little horn waggle at you, a wink with red eyes... then counters that with a prod out of her tongue.

>"Next time, lovercolt!" she teases before Griff bounces past the next door to the middle one.

>"Contestant number three is definitely a mare of class and beauty and generosity. While she holds considerable wealth, she donates this and time to make little ones laugh with stories or from putting on shows with her puppets. Don't be fooled, though; she may be an entertainer, but she definitely enjoys the finer things in life such as a delicious cup of tea on a foggy afternoon. Coming from Neighport, it's the unicorn known as Doll Strings!"

The door is removed and spotlight hits her, a soft gasp comes from your mouth. If her dessert was any hint, she too is a decadent unicorn mare, pale blue and white mane long and full of curls, high above her head and spilling over her cream-colored neck. Her dress hugs close to her supple torso, hindlegs close together in her seat with just a little turn, a slit in dark-purple fabric showing her cutie-mark as a wooden pony with strings attached to each hoof. She brings a forehoof to her snout and blows a kiss, giggling sweetly with a bat of bright green eyes.

>"Hopefully I'll see you another time, dear," she comments in that rumbly, near husky voice of hers.

[2/6]
>>
>"Contestant number four is definitely somepony special... and that's not just because she's not a pony!" Griff starts with another bound over to the next door.
>"Diamond Dogs are known for their desire to collect gems, but this one is all about buying, selling, and trading them at her own business! That doesn't mean she doesn't collect things, though; one of the things that gets that tail wagging for her is comics. And of course, a nice walk with a sweet friend is always good too! Straight from Canterlot, it's Buddy!"

You lean forward again with a curious look as the door goes and spotlight lands on number four, hmming to yourself. You rarely see Diamond Dogs, so you only have images in books to go by, but close to as tall as a minotaur and built broad with just a touch of softness. She has golden fur and almond eyes, her snout not as squat as you've seen on images of male Diamond Dogs. Her muzzle wears a tentative frown on first appearance, but it perks up once she's revealed, shifting in her seat and brushing puffy white dress down in a smoothing motion with those big clawed paws.

>"Ahh, thank you for nice words, Sweet. It was nice to meet you," she says with another little movement, thick (and spiky looking) end of her tail visible in short flits behind her.

>"Contestant number five could easily help you build a home together, literally and, given time, figuratively!" the host says in one more movement to the last door.
>"With her love of ancient Equestrian architecture, she's started her own construction business to try and make her own hoofprint on beautiful sights for now and the future! When she's not building somepony's dreamhouse or an important business-y building, she's drawing ideas or just gorgeous landscapes she loves to see. From Fillydelphia, it's the pegasus Cloud Coverage!"

[3/6]
>>
Your mouth forgets how to close the moment you can see number five, blinking hard for a moment. If Spicy Snack was the smallest mare you've ever seen, this has got to be the biggest! You have an pretty medium build for a stallion and she sort of dwarfs that. Large, strong looking, but with definite feminine quality across her lavender covered frame, wings flapping as she shifts and gives a short brush over her attractively tousled smoky white mane. She also straightens out sky blue dress, then looks at you with turquoise eyes with a sweet grin and wave.

>"We'll go see those stars sometimes maybe, even as friends," she says with a giggle and quick nod. The crowd applauds after each introduction and comment until Griff raises talons.

>"And now, finally," the gryphon starts, coming over to door number two.
>"The other half of the winning couple tonight! This special somepony also isn't a pony, but is just as extraordinary on her smaller hooves as any Earth pony, Unicorn, or Pegasus! She even helps keep Equestria safe from threats that are always cropping up! And whild guarding the city and beyond is important, she always makes time to help make her garden and more grow and definitely keep fit. Mares and gentlecolts, from Canterlot, it's the deer Thimbleberry!" he announces with an eagle's cry.

[4/6]
>>
You get out of your seat with this, horn glowing as you make sure your mane is combed and tux is presentable. The door lowers and there she is, kind of nervous smile on her face as she practically jumps to standing when she sees you are too. What fur is visible on her is silvery gray with white speckles behind her and pure white on her neck and the small bit of chestfluff poking from her blue dress uniform. She has a small gold tree pin and the usual, albeit small, amount of bars for the Equestria Guard pinned on the front of it, top and skirt covering her lithe form, though with a nice little curve as she shifts forward. She's also wearing a cap, though its visor doesn't hide her small flush nor the happy look of sharp green eyes.

>"Come, come, dear," the host says, going into the booth and grabbing onto one of Thimbleberry's slender hooves, tugging her closer to you until you were a short distance away, having to look just a bit down to meet eye to eye.

You both seem unsure of what to do! For your part, you're used to chatting up a mare... well, a girl more conventionally before going for a hug or kiss or other things. You also don't usually have an audience watching you, small peek towards them before back at her. This lasts for a few moments before Thimbleberry clears her throat cutely and raises that smaller cloven hoof for a shake.

>"Th-Thanks for picking me!" she nearly squeals out, the noise and her joy snapping you out of your own stupor with a warm smile of your own.

"I'm sure it's going to be a fun weekend," you say, going for the shake... then tugging her hoof up for a smooch, crowd 'OOOHing' out at it, the deer nearly jumping back from the attention.

[5/6]
>>
>"I am too!" Griff suddenly belts out, making both of you gasp as you end up nestled against either side of him, the gryphon starting a group hug with him in the middle. Thimbleberry yelps as the unannounced grab knocks her cap off, fidgeting to reclaim it as you look over to her, two cute black undeveloped antler stubs on top of her head between those slightly smaller cervine ears of hers.

>"And that's our show, folks!" Griff says, still holding both Thimbleberry and you in a hug to either side of him.
>"As always, we'll have a report of how their date weekend goes on next week's program, which we'll be broadcasting from Manehattan!" The gryphon shakes both of you with that before letting go and stepping forward.
>"I'd like to thank our contestants, all of our staff, and especially all of you wonderful listeners for another special show to try and spread the love in this charming land of ours!"
>"If you have any comments, questions, concerns, or compliments, our unicorn signal team is standing by to receive your messages or you can send them to Stable Dating, Studio M6, Applewood, Equestria! This is Gale Griffith, your handsome cat-bird of love, thanking everypony again and wishing you all a good night!"

The lights start to dim with that. Although out of the gryphon's clutches, the roar of the crowd makes it hard to say anything to Thimbleberry... plus, it's barely a moment more before you're being hustled off the left side of the stage by some staffponies while she's getting taken to the other side, one staffpony retrieving her cap off the ground. They said it'd happen like this, but you figured you might get a small chance to talk more beforehand. You wouldn't get to see her until the start of the big weekend, so it'd just be getting ready for that first day. Plus, you still have to figure out your half of the date weekend - the where, the what, the how. You're pretty sure you picked a winner, though, so you can wait until then. It's going to be a great time!
>>
First off, wow am I sorry for such a long thing. Next stage of the CYOA will most assuredly not have this happen and hopefully never again in general.

So, before questions/comments/the rest, there is one more choice to be made here. Like tried to fit into that last paragraph there, the date weekend is separated into two days, one for the Sweet Talker and one for Thimbleberry - we're going to timeskip to the just before the start of first day when I'm ready to begin the next thread unless you players want to do something between the time of the gameshow and then, about a day. So, give me suggestions on location (preferably Equestria/pony, but Griffonlands or otherwise if there's enough support), what you'd like to do to woo the deer, places to eat; pretty much anything you think would be a good date and we'll try to fit something together. Will use these, take a short time to develop an idea of things and some new characters and this and that and then we can start the actual CYOA!

Otherwise, how'd you like this? Was this an enjoyable way to select your partner-to-be in the quest? I might do another somewhere down the line, so wondering on any improvements that can be made. I have my own ideas on some things to change to make it easier for me from this, for sure.

On another note, how was the formatting and everything? I can go with standard green or, less likely from me for this forum but still plausible if the desire is there, prose, but this was an interesting way to do things for me. How do you want the formatting to go forward though? Let me know.

Finally, thank you for participating and hope you enjoyed this! If you have any questions/comments on the characters, let me know and they may be answered depending on what I plan on doing or questions/comments on anything else.
>>
>>27986494
I liked it. My only complaint would be about the length.
It's very descriptive, but probably due to nature of the QM's, I'm just used to reading shorter stuff on the board and getting back to my life for an hour or so.
>>
>>27986494
since the contestant phase is over, can we ask what kind of snacks Spicy and Buddy would've picked?
>>
>>27986494
What I saw the Gameshow as was as an interesting way to do a character creator, as well as to set things up in general. It was different, and that made it enjoyable, but at the same time I felt there wasn't as much meat to it as there could have been. IT felt as though it was supposed to be part of the story/quest itself- which is more than what some other quests do, but it didn't feel like there was much impact other than the final choice in itself.

I liked it, but there could have been more for us to do other than ask questions continuously. On one hand, asking questions is smart in the sense that it gives us more information on the characters so we can make an informed decision. On the other hand It's just questions. I suppose things like that are some gameshow's "thing", but I don't watch enough to really know that.

The formatting was fine, but I felt some places were jarring with their overall flow. There were spots that didn't seem right based on events or statements that were previously given. Perhaps that might be me not reading it properly, but I digress.

I like the fact that you make several-post-long updates. It's refreshing compared to what I normally see in other CYOAs. It provides more detail and, I feel, breathes a bit more life into a story. Though, you shouldn't go overboard with it.

The only real question I have at this point is in relation to the other contestants and the host. Is it possible to see them again later, or are most, if not all of them, going to be written off as soon as we begin our weekend?
>>
>>27986607

Glad to hear that first part! And yeah, the latter was from trying to do this with so many characters and from style of posting I was doing and I am wordy too, totally admit that. Might just move back to >green when the next phase starts as that's quicker, but we'll see; might be able to be faster/shorter without so much to respond to and account for in a regular style of quest compared to this. Thanks for the feedback!

>>27986650

Spicy made her signature dessert (that is also her cutie-mark) of a spicy sweet cupcake. Buddy would have served up richly flavored butter cookies and a glass of milk.
>>
>>27986752

Hmm, I can agree with that. I kind of went too far in the 'treating it like a real radio gameshow' compared to being more quest-like. That and I second-guessed/couldn't figure out how to make them work/feared things might run on a little too long if did some of the ideas for non-question stuff. The snacks part I had thought about having Sweet blindfolded and contestants come out and feed him; another idea was to have the same sight-blocking, but have players either do something to him (pat/kiss/boop/otherwise). Didn't know how exactly to make that flow or be informative without too much.

I also worry reacted too much in place of players for Sweet to keep things moving along, but that was the same reason why I went with all the questions at once instead of one per prompt; it feels like it would take a lot longer on an already lengthy post. That'll hopefully be fixed back in the more standard posting mode of a CYOA.

As far as the jarring places/not right spots, wonder if could point out a couple or more? Just to figure out what I was thinking at the time.

Griff will probably show up again, although the character that's going to be 'reporting' on the two is someone new. The other contestants you might see again - have an idea or two there. Likelihood also depends on where you players want Sweet's date day to take place.

Thanks for the comments!
>>
Okay, need to go for a bit for dinner and things. Leave any more comments/questions you might have (I appreciate them all); will be here the rest of the night to respond and have the whole thread left to spend.

Also, do need at least a location for Sweet's date day although, theoretically, we can decide it when the CYOA actually starts back - I just like planning a little if I can. The rest can be worked up as the CYOA progresses; doing that'd probably help with my spontaneity.

Thank you all again for participating!
>>
>>27986929
The "out of place" spots I referred to was mainly in regard to the audience's- and sometimes Griff's- reactions to the previous round. The silences, the gazes, some of that stuff didn't feel warranted based on what just happened. It felt exaggerated.

Take this one for example: >>27978229
To me, those sorts of questions don't feel like they would cause a stunned silence, or have looks of desire be given to Sweet as a result. In fact, the immediate last thing that they did was giggle at what Sweet said. To go from that to stunned so quickly is the jarring part.
>>
>>27987066

Hmm, yeah, reading back over things, I see what you mean. Part of it was trying to have a little variety to the crowd even while there was so much to react to - I should have just stuck to having them reacting directly after than at the end although that particular example is pretty horrid, going over it a couple of times - really don't know what I was thinking there. I do apologize Also just poor proofing/editing posts.

The other part, and something I need to work on, is my focusing on certain things while letting others slide. I was more focused on Sweet/the girls compared to Griff, can admit that. I do the same thing on settings too pretty often; all of this emerges from where most of my writing experience comes from - it's not creative usually. But thanks for pointing this stuff out, helpful to get reminders. Will try to be better and hopefully can achieve that without feeling overwhelmed - five characters+ was too much, I think; at least for me.
>>
But I thought a doe doesn't have antlers?
Also, bump?
>>
>>27988217

Does can have them, just less likely and less impressive than a buck.

Also, wew, took an unexpected nap, but guess didn't miss too much, haha. Well, any more question/comment/date location suggestions leave 'em and thanks! Night!
>>
>>27990041
>>
https://youtu.be/kijpcUv-b8M
>>
Personally, I think going contestant by contestant would have been far more effective. It was really hard to keep track of each individual contestant with the way it was handled. They were mostly a jumble of character traits and numbers.
>>
How can one stallion be this pink?
>>
>>27991937

I am undecided on whether to change the title to ponified title of this song or not; I was on the fence when thinking up one for something like this.

>>27992504

Yeah, I agree with you. At the start, I figured doing it this way would be faster as it would be two full 'posts' per segment instead of five shorter ones for each individual. Even though it'd be faster to type and all, if responses were slow, it'd still take a lot longer (or I think).

I will probably try a more personalized style like this if do this again, though. Going to cut the contestants down to three from the start and think up something more than questions, questions, and oh yeah, more questions if I do, for sure. Thanks for the feedback!

>>27993435

Just you wait - given some time, the colors of his mane will combine and he will reach his perfect pink form, complete with spiked mane and tail.
>>
>>27993717

And I mean five shorter ones spanning the individuals per segment. I worded that weird, jeesh.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.