[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think we'll ever get a fight as epic as the Tirek fight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 31

File: large.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
Or are all fights and villains going to be downhill from here?
>>
>>27944993

I hope not.

I don't want more DBZ shit in my show
>>
>>27944993
I would be open to it. But it's unlikely to happen again.

Too bad, it was pretty much a high point to the season finales.
>>
>>27944993
Only if Spike gets the spotlight for a fight.
>Rarity gets smacked by a villain.
>Murder.exe fully online.
>Spike goes full dragon, proceeds to lay the smackdown.
>>
>>27945012
Eat a dick, faggot.

That was how fights should be done.
>>
>>27944993
I like Twilight Sparkle vs. Nightmare Moon better!
>>
>>27944993
We got Guardians of harmony coming up man; They gotta do SOMETHING to try and sell it as a "cool" fight series for little boys. Otherwise it'd just be a normal MLP episode.

>>27945028
Nah, spike would get a cool fight scene just so he could get worfed and the mane six could come in an save the day.

He'd be like Gohan in DBZ. So he might get one fight that he'll ever win, and every other fight will have him being shitkicked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-orsgz4u4cU
>>
>>27945081
>and the mane six could come in an save the day.

>So Twilight could come in and save the day
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>27945012
KYS
Alot of us like that shit; Fuck, did you see all the fanart that came up after that finale?

>>27944993
I hope so, but I'd like it to be about all six of them rather than Twilight godmoding.

Like how all six of them were relevent and contributed to fight the tantabus in Do princesses dream of magical sheep.
Unfortunately, as they are now, there's no real way for all of the six to do something like that, since they only have actual combat abilities and magic in the realm of dreams and alternate universes.
>>
>>27944993
>There are people here who enjou these "epic" fight scenes
>There are people here who encourages the staff to do more
>>
>>27945175
>there are people who DON'T like it
>>
>>27945143
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AghZtW7_nOk
Fixes that problem.
>>
I just wanna see Sunset v Starlight
>>
>>27945440
I want to see ANYONE vs. starlight so long as they beat starlight into the dirt.
>>
File: 1468489426743.png (430KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468489426743.png
430KB, 1280x720px
>>27945450
Dude, I'm a die-hard shimmerfag and I don't even hate Starlight that much.
>>
File: 1460735997857.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1460735997857.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>27945032
>>27945143
>>27945253
>Neo-/mlp/ is real.
>>
>>27945405
"Fanfiction fixes that"
>>
>>27944993
Just wait for the second pony movie directed by Michael Bay.
>>
>>27945440
I doubt what little we saw of Sunset in Equestria is enough to go up against Starlight's ridiculous power level
>>
How /mlp/ would fix this "fight"?

Same threat, same scenario, but without DBZ bullshit. Everyone in the episode happen like the show but you have full control of what will happend after tyrek after he destroy Twilight Tree library. Rainbow power still need to be a must becuase hasbro is a faggot
>>
File: BrolyInBrolysSecondComing.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BrolyInBrolysSecondComing.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>27945694
Starlight: Plot armor incarnate.

She's the Broly of Equestria, no training, no explanation, just "POWER LEVEL IS INFINITE"
>>
>>27945704
>How /mlp/ would fix this "fight"?
By not adding it in the first place and slapping the fuck outof the person who ever thought it was a good idea.
>>
>>27945577
Dude, they've already given the mane six power ups in other situations like power ponies, and they're linked to the GODDAMNED ELEMENTS OF HARMONY.

Giving them magical powers is virtually a no brainer, given how the element of magic alone can apparently turn you into a Super demon based on sunset shimmer.
Each of the six is linked to one of the EOH, if they're trying to shill the adventure aspect of the show its completely logical to have them get a version of rainbow power that's not as shitty but gives them individual powers instead based on who they are. (Like Diamonds or gemkinesis for Rarity)
>>
Any finale after season 1 was shit. None of them capture what first drew people to this show back in 2010 and 2011. Anyone who wants a clustefuck finale based soley around a single character should just kill themselves. I want my old pony show back.
>>
>>27945032
This.

SJW faggot can't handle a bit of violence when it's been ingrained in every kids animation made by Disney.

What's a spirit bomb to the dick every now and then?
>>
>>27945694
Sunset studied under Celestia and has dabbled in dark magic. Plus, she has her Pheonix form and Daydream Shimmer crap she can pull. And in the comics we saw a bit more of her power when she passed her midterm.
>>
>>27945760

Hell Mr. Buzzword, how are you? Maybe you should learn to make an argument without throwing random over-repeated words into your sentences.
>>
>>27945759
You realize that Return of Harmony was actually the S1 finale? That was based on all characters with a primary focus on Twilight... again.
>>
>>27945770
You are a pussy that doesn't like violence.
Little kids are stronger than you give them credit for.
>>
>>27945777
Bullshit, Best night ever was.
Even if they were thinking about it in the initial pitches, they still settled on best night ever as the finale for S1, and its what the entire meta-plot (as it existed) for S1 was, focusing on the grand galloping gala.

>>27945759
Man, remember when celestia told all the mane six to writer her letters and seemed interested in all of them and how they were growing?

man, good times, good times.
>>
>>27945719

ok, now add something to fill those minutes
>>
>>27945012
>i want the show to appeal to me; an adult male
>>
>>27945770

If the conundrum could be alleviated by a simplistic entry of a few words, then allow me to expand upon my thoughts:

You jaundiced jumped up, vercordiously pusillanimous piffle. Your vileseome existence nauseates me beyond compare. It is politically correct when discussing your faults to use certain words to denote your humanness above your disability. But in your case, there is nothing human. You are just challenged, you are just different. Given a choice of stepping in something nasty on the sidewalk, or bidding you good morning, I would happily choose the former. Single-handedly, you have wrenched all meaning out of life. Congratulations. As I write this I try vainly to think of something, anything, which redeems in some small way your utterly pointless existence. The only thing that comes to mind is that you have taught me hate. Pure, unmitigated hate. I have had fantasies about attacking you with a machete, but I dare not. I once cut up a starfish, which was so neurologically simple that each piece grew into a clone of the original. Your coleopteron brain no doubt shares certain appalling similarities with such creatures. You, misguided as you are, might be asking yourself what you have done to deserve such a letter as this. Your misdeeds and villainous vampings can be described in just two words: you exist. And believe me, there is no reason on earth why you should. How do you justify to yourself waking up each morning and ruining yet another day? If everything in this world has some purpose, some grand plan behind its existence, then yours surely is to show everything else, whether it be a slops bucket in a fried chicken stand, or the gunk behind the fridge, how fortunate it is not to be you. I have tried, but clearly, I have failed. I must stand firm to the realisation that mere words cannot express my utmost and profound contempt and loathing for your person, your being and your existence. You are a blight against nature.
>>
File: 597516136.png (216KB, 375x370px) Image search: [Google]
597516136.png
216KB, 375x370px
>>27945533
>during the fight
"Holy shit! Holy shit! AHHHHHHHHHHH! So fucking awesome!"
>after the fact
"Wow guys, that was so fucking stupid, amirite? I mean, who would like that shit?"

Besides, people having different opinions has always been a staple here. This isn't your little private circlejerk where everyone sits around nodding in agreement with each other.
>>
>>27945777

No, it wasn't. The gala was built up randomly in episodes through the first season. They made it part musical and treated it as a bit of a bigger episode. I mean, you can pretend all you want that it was supposed to be the end of season 1, but it wasn't both story-wise and release-wise.
>>
>>27945810

It still doesn't change the fact that you used a buzzword AND used it incorrectly.
>>
>>27945827

That was EQD that visit /mlp/ in the episode sticky. That actually explain why so many episode was rating 7 to 10 when the whole S6 it just a piece of shit
>>
>>27945828

This.
>>
File: 1458003643237.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
1458003643237.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>27945759
>all the people who like the tirek fight aren't REAL fans like myself
>th-they're just pretending to enjoy the show h-heh
>you're only allowed to like the slice of life elements, clearly
Fuck off.
>>
>>27945841
no, that was in the /mlp/ stream, and here, and fucking everywhere.
>whole s6 is a piece of shit
its fine you hate everything, but once you start pretending that this is the only correct response you should probably stop talking.
>>
File: 1427408571771.jpg (5KB, 170x204px) Image search: [Google]
1427408571771.jpg
5KB, 170x204px
>>27945760
>>27945783
The argument was never about kids not being able to handle violence, it was about it not belonging in the series. How stupid are you?

No one wants to see slice of life episodes in Transformers. No one wants to see how jolly life is in Berserk. It just things that doesn't fit in the series. No one is saying people can't handle it. Obviously, the case in point here is that over the top action scenes clearly don't fit in My Little Pony. It feels out of place. And the only people who did seem happy with it, are the obnoxious fans like yourself who enjoy edgy ponies because you read action packed fanfics which don't fit the tone of the series either. How do you not get that?

And for the record, Dragonball Z is a series for children as well.
>>
>>27945827
>Besides, people having different opinions has always been a staple here. This isn't your little private circlejerk where everyone sits around nodding in agreement with each other.
>Proceeds to bitch about people not having the same opinion that the S4 fight was the greatest thing in the series
>>
>>27945862
it belongs in a world of conflict, which mlp is. they fought all sorts of fantasy shit in season 1. they fought an army in season 2. the fights escalated a bit, but to pretend that they dont belong is asinine when the series was literally founded on a fight.
>>
>>27944993
>>27944993
I'd like it. It was a cool fight and id love to see them do more with Sunny and Starlight and maybe actually have Celestia use her magic for once
>>
>>27945862
>No one wants to see slice of life episodes in Transformers.
They still slip in lots of shit like that as subplots dude, half of the point of transformers is about them learning about earth culture.

Hell, look at transformers robots in disguise, there was an episode that was 75% about taking are of a Bumblebee that was reduced to a child's mentality, that's pretty damned similar to lots of slice of life plots (the taking care of the out of control spaz is common SOL plot in various series)

No ones saying make it ALL about fighting, but just like how Transformers usually has SOME slice of life shit as side plots in their cartoons, FIM can have SOME fights.
>>
>>27945862

>No one wants to see how jolly life is in Berserk

Come on, Guts need to smile one fucking day
>>
>>27945828
Forgetting that Faust had actually admitted that it was meant to be the season 1 finale.

Even the animation and the magic effects show that it was made back during the S1 run.

You can pretend that it doesn't but if you look at any unicorn lighting their horn in that episode, you will still see the similarities of S1. S2 stared to enhance the magic colors to fit the characters better.

But I can understand that you don't want to concede your argument for the sake of he "purity of s1."
>>
>>27945862
Oh sorry I forgot you were a fucking autist that can only have the same thing over and over from this show.
Fuck off, faggot. Variety is the spice of life.
>>
File: 1448951513232.jpg (24KB, 375x305px) Image search: [Google]
1448951513232.jpg
24KB, 375x305px
>>27945862
>Obviously, the case in point here is that over the top action scenes clearly don't fit in My Little Pony. It feels out of place.
I'm loving all of these opinions masquerading as facts.

Just because YOU don't like action in MLP doesn't mean it doesn't belong. And why do you people always pretend that after that fight the slice of life elements disappeared from the show completely? The show can clearly do BOTH, and I think it should. Why should it limit itself? Just to soothe your nostalgiafag autism?

>And the only people who did seem happy with it, are the obnoxious fans like yourself who enjoy edgy ponies because you read action packed fanfics which don't fit the tone of the series either.
For the record I like fics that fit the tone of the show, not grimdark bullshit. I also enjoyed the tirek fight and the alternate universes in the cutie map. But nice job projecting.
>>
>>27945880
This. Episode 2 of the series opener had Rarity kick a manticore in the face.

But, violence is forbidden...
>>
File: large.jpg (58KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
58KB, 1024x1024px
So if "Fighting" doesn't belong in MLP then why the fuck are they making an entire toyline ABOUT fighting?
I guess Hasbro just needs to stop being autistic and realize that their toys are non-canon right?
>>
>>27945956

Because the real canon of MLP end in the S1, everything after that is just jew fillers to sell toys
>>
File: baitpone really loves your bait.png (102KB, 513x894px) Image search: [Google]
baitpone really loves your bait.png
102KB, 513x894px
>>27945969
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>27945862
>over the top action scenes clearly don't fit in My Little Pony.
>>
I honestly want them to surpass Tirek.
Give me the Mario powerups, evil clones, aliens, mad scientists, superforms, and sealed evils in cans.
>>
>>27946006
Just wait for the movie.
That'll probably make S4 seem tame by comparison. Fuck, might be why we've gotten shit for Finales/two parters so far, they're going to be going balls out for the Movie, altering the status quo and having DBZ fight scenes all over the place, so they can't do anything till then to keep the status quo in place just so they can upset it in the movie.
>>
>>27945786

I remember when the show focused on the group and their dynamic together instead of sending them off on arbitrary, asinine quests that are meant to do nothing but introduce more convoluted secondary characters that the plot then takes focus on. I remember when the show would have the characters and their every day, somewhat mundane issues take precedence overy world building, which would come in small pieces, not become a main focus. There's a lot miss about what the show was and I consider the season 3 finale (at least the second half, the first half wasn't really all that needed and poorly done) the end of the show. Everything afterword that I ended up enjoying was an extra that I got lucky to get, otherwise it's pretty meaningless to what the show started as.

All of this will always be opinions other than season starts and ends. It's about arguing for the sake of arguing. Wasting time. The idea that you faggots get so worked up when someone says that a lot of people stopped watching after season 3 because the story style changed is fucking crazy.
>>
File: lost souls.png (1MB, 1280x1707px)
lost souls.png
1MB, 1280x1707px
>>27945969
You keep believing in that. It'll never be a fact, but you may believe in it.
>>
>>27946025
do you know why spongebob is bad now? no, its not because it changed, its because every single episode is the same joke. every single episode rehashes the same shit. it gets old.

you might complain that you want to see them do that over and over, but trust me it would get old. constantly changing the status quo is what has kept mlp interesting, and is necessary for true character development.
>>
>>27946022
Yeah, I heard the movie was gonna have an alien villain.
>>
>>27946099
I fucking love aliens.
>>
>>27946088

Yes, and that's why I would have been fine with it ending on season 3. It completed what it needed to with Twilight being the somewhat main character and overarching 'plot' of hers. It wouldn't have been the best ending ever, but the problem most had was the idea that there was probably going to be more after it because ratings and whatnot. If you didn't know, the reason they gave Twilight her wings in the finale of season 3 was because the writers weren't sure if the show was going to continue after they reached the magic number 65 (A lot of cartoons hit 65 and quit if demand isn't super high), so they wanted to make sure there was an ending. I think it made it so season 4 and later, they were kind of just winging it as their main game plan and ending episode was for Twilight to 'graduate'.
>>
>>27946099
That's not true, that's retards who misinterpretted a sentence.

the people doing the presentation said that the mane six would have to enter an "alien world" to succeed in their journey, which is referring to them going to the seaponies underwater kingdom.
People willfully misinterpretted that statement as meaning LITERAL aliens, when the speaker meant "alien" as in foreign or strange, much like how illegal aliens aren't from outer space.
>>
>>27945759
Wtf I hate finales after season 1 now.
>>
>>27946229
ayy lmao
>>
>>27944993
Tirek was the flattest, least inspired villain the writing staff has come up with yet. His motives were "Steal all the unicorn magic because power," and the fight was resolved by "Twilight is stronger and she showed it by shooting a more powerful beam than Tirek did."

Also, this finale started the dumb trend of weaponizing and the dumbing down of magic in the show.
>>
>>27946413
>literally ignoring the Discord subplot
The fight came to a fucking standstill and Twilight had to find a different solution. Yes, the solution still managed to be a giant lazer, but it took ALL of them to do it, including Discord.

>Also, this finale started the dumb trend of weaponizing and the dumbing down of magic in the show.
No, the S1 premiere did.
>>
>>27944993
Maybe not on the same level of destruction, but yeah.
>>
>>27946133
Me too.
>>
File: 1459959338895.png (482KB, 1194x736px) Image search: [Google]
1459959338895.png
482KB, 1194x736px
>>27945694
Take it with a grain of salt, but the comics imply the mind control spell she used in her demon form was something she learned on her own.

Starlight's feats are laser beams, the cutie mark replacement spell, teleporting objects (not herself notably), self-levitation, speech modification, conjurement, a temporal spell modification, a manipulative streak, and a shield spell. The time traveling is not a feat, but her modication of the spell is, however small or big it actually was.

Sunset's feats are simply a manipulative streak, presumed knowledge of the Elements of Harmony, and teleportation, something she has over Starlight. Her demon form is not a feat.

If going by comics, Sunset also has forced growth, limited pyromancy (iirc she destroyed the giant plant this way, probably wrong), and knowledge of mind control as additional feats.

Animation-wise, Starlight beats Sunset by feats. Comic feats Sunset might have an edge. It depends if Sunset has knowledge of shield spells which she can use to block Starlight's cutie mark removal spell. If she does it can go either way, depends on who gets the drop on who.
>>
>>27945880
There's a difference between violence and conflict, and over the top DBZ laser pew-pew explosion crap. Which is exactly what the Tirek fight was.

>>27945923
I'm pretty sure it's fair to say that over the top, throwing through mountains, with tons of lasers and Super Saiyan form action nonsense doesn't quite fit the tone or series of FIM. Especially, to make matters worse, it was never fucking used again in the series.

> And why do you people always pretend that after that fight the slice of life elements disappeared from the show completely?
Nobody's saying that, but people are allowed to say "Hey, this is shitty." You sound like the new Ghostbusters cast and crew when they're complaining "OH WE'RE NOT ERASING THE OTHER STUFF". People are still allowed to complain with what's presented to them.

>>27945916
Alright, why don't we just make a totally out of place grimdark edgy episode to appease the emo crowd. Because you know, variety is never bad.
>>
>>27946543
>Flutterbad episode
>Halloween episode
>Confirmation of AJ dead parents
Yeah sure it is not super dark, but it is close as fuck, as bad as it will get for a little girls show.
>>
>>27946543
Wtf I hate DBZ now.
>>
>>27946413
Exactly. This was another problem I had with it, and hence why I'd compare it to a bad Dragonball Z fight.

If this was a fight that involved the Mane 6, maybe it would have been better. Maybe it would have been more than just "Who can fire the biggest laser" as clearly not all of them are capable of that. It seems a little more interesting. But the fight had several major problems. It only involved Twilight, it was just about magic beams, it just felt like an action sequence to fill up time.

In all honesty, it probably only existed as an excuse to get rid of the library so they could throw in the castle.
>>
>>27946573
What? That's not super dark or edgy for kids. That's nothing. There are Halloween episodes all the time, and now there's going to be a zombie one. And honestly, I don't think the zombie one will have an out of place feel, because it's already going to be a prank. It's not like some guy is killing off and raising an army of undead ponies.
>>
>>27946223
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk8BmQW1X1g
thats why mmc was what it was. she was going to ascend regardless.

as for the show not knowing what its doing, im pretty sure theyre doing fine. s4 was on par with s2, s5 was the best season in the series and s6 has been fairly decent overall with a couple gems.
>>
>>27946543
>I'm pretty sure it's fair to say that over the top, throwing through mountains, with tons of lasers and Super Saiyan form action nonsense doesn't quite fit the tone or series of FIM.

And what is the tone of FiM, Roger Ebert? Because I always thought the show was about pushing the boundaries of what a girly horse cartoon could be.

>Especially, to make matters worse, it was never fucking used again in the series.
Wrong. The S5 finale contained plenty of violence of similar caliber, from all-out war in the alternate universes to lazer battles with Starlight.

Also, you're allowed to complain, but stating your opinions as facts will get you called a jackass, especially when you paint yourself as the arbiter of quality in the series.
>>
>>27946543
>Especially, to make matters worse, it was never fucking used again in the series.

YET.
We have the movie coming up after all! And we also got that stuff used in Friendship games.
>>
>>27946543
>over the top DBZ laser pew-pew explosion crap
thats what power looks like, unless you wanted the entire fight to be exposition about how strong each of them were with no visual queues.
>>
>>27946635
And you want them to do something they won't because of the target audience. Yet they still made the brother of Fluttershy basically a fucking basement dwelling neckbeard.
>>
>>27946645
>Wrong. The S5 finale contained plenty of violence of similar caliber, from all-out war in the alternate universes to lazer battles with Starlight.
I think he means DBZ level fights and Super saiyan esque levels like what twilight got, not violence in general.
>>
File: large.jpg (357KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
357KB, 1280x720px
>>27946670
>And you want them to do something they won't because of the target audience.
>Because of the target audience

What the fuck is the guardians of harmony toyline for then. Over the top armor and fighting is apparently something they're shooting for now.
>>
File: I'm ASSAULTING her with cake!.webm (1MB, 648x430px) Image search: [Google]
I'm ASSAULTING her with cake!.webm
1MB, 648x430px
Just got finished watching My Little Pony: A Charming Birthday (2003), and I'm fucking peeved. The conflict was not at all appropriate for a little girls' show.

Get this: The ponies have to surprise the wisest pony in all the land, Kimono, on her birthday as they've never been able to do it. Wow, okay, she's the wisest pony. Surprising her? That's kind of a tall order-
HOLD ON, once they come up with what gift to surprise her with—a charm bracelet—they EACH want to give her a bracelet of their own personal design and they EACH want her to wear theirs first. What the hell, why did the writers make this so complicated-
GUESS WHAT, in order to figure out what to do they have to ask Kimono herself since she's the wisest pony and would know how to settle the problem, but they have to ask her in way that she won't suspect their true intent. Jesus fuck, I thought this was a children's movie-
UH OH, just to torture us even more the ponies elect the most careless pony, some dumbass chucklefuck named Minty, to go do it. Suspension of disbelief? I'm in disbelief I've wasted my fucking time-
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE, once they get some advice from Kimono so cryptic it might as well be Ancient Sumerian, they all end up American-sizing the charms they're going to be putting on her gift. Well at this point I'm pretty sure no child can be expected to understand what's happening because I sure as hell can't-
OH WAIT, IT'S OKAY BECAUSE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT IN THE END AND KIMONO IS TOTALLY, COMPLETELY SURPRISED.

Wow.
Wow.

The whole thing is rife with unnecessary grimderp edgy drama like teetering cakes and out-of-control hot air balloons, pic disgustingly related.

Honestly? If this is the kind of dramatic, adult-oriented bullshit they're trying to stuff into my children's slice of life show, then I no longer want anything to do with My Little Pony.
>>
>>27946641

Again, it all comes down to what type of overarching story you want. There isn't really an 'endgame' for the show now whereas season 1-3 was leading to Twilight 'graduating'. If anything, the only overarching story to season 4-6 is Equestria exploration, and it comes down to what you enjoy more. The best example I can give in terms of fandom reaction to change of overarching plots in shows is the Adventure Time fans. Season 1-3 of that show was very loose and free form. There wasn't much going on. Mid-season 3 it started to change. It started to focus on the world around the characters and flesh out the pasts of some of the main characters. A lot of people quit watching at that point because it changed from Bros having adventures to a really story and character driven show. It's not the exact same as mlp, but it's a close overall idea of what happened to the fans at the end of season 3 for mlp.
>>
>>27946705
BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT
Don't you see that people is gettinfg tired of the same shit over and over? that's why they are leaving. Writers want to try new shit to try and get them back, but we all know the ship is sinking. I hope this ride is finally over soon enough.
>>
>>27945012
That's honestly an insult to mlp. DBZ just repeats the same 2 frames of punches over and over again. DHX animators care more than that.
>>
File: 1426173357681.jpg (150KB, 606x960px) Image search: [Google]
1426173357681.jpg
150KB, 606x960px
>>27946645
>Also, you're allowed to complain, but stating your opinions as facts will get you called a jackass, especially when you paint yourself as the arbiter of quality in the series.
You're certainly not doing a good job following your own advice.

>>27946679
Thank you, yes. The problem is the focus on Twilight and Twilight alone in these kinds of things. I find that distasteful personally, as it also leaves out the other characters completely while continuing to overpower Twilight.

In fact, when it came to the S5 finale, the biggest problem I had was again, too much focus on Twilight being some Goku character. The Mane 6 didn't matter. You want to make a good fight that feels more than just lasers and explosions? Make them matter. Then it'll at least fit more.

>>27946652
I think it's fair to say Rainbow Power has past, they clearly moved on to the next toy mandate. The writers really dropped the ball on handling Rainbow Power, which I think makes the Tirek fight even worse as it's out of place and never appearing again. If they made it appear more, maybe the fight would feel better in the series to me.

>>27946659
>unless you wanted the entire fight to be exposition about how strong each of them were with no visual queues.
Jojo certainly does a good job with this.
>>
>>27946645

I fucking hate you. I hate your need to cling to things that 'push boundries'. MLP was not meant to push any boundries. It's goal was to provide a show for little girls AND everyone to enjoy. You do not need to push fucking boundries for this. You just need to have a little creative talent. MLP pushed ZERO boundries, it was just a well put together slice of life show with characters that weren't 2-d cardboard cutouts. The other argument isn't that the rest of the series doesn't have the crazy action, but that other than the finales, the show before season 4 had NONE of that shit going on.
>>
>>27946788
>I fucking hate you
That's not a nice thing to say. He was having a discussion with you.
>>
>>27946788
>Waaaah I don't like change
Why are you still here? The show obviously doesn't entertain you anymore.
>>
>>27946768
>I think it's fair to say Rainbow Power has past, they clearly moved on to the next toy mandate. The writers really dropped the ball on handling Rainbow Power, which I think makes the Tirek fight even worse as it's out of place and never appearing again. If they made it appear more, maybe the fight would feel better in the series to me.

Hopefully when they do the next version of Rainbow power they'll do it better this time and make it feel both meaningful and revolve around ALL six of them.

That being said given how Haber did Friendship games and made the others "Contribute" by being FUCKING POWER BATTERIES, I'm not expecting much.
>>
>>27946805
What's the problem with not liking change? That seems hypocritical judging by most of the board's opinion on Equestria Girls. Because it's change shouldn't that be fine and dandy too?

I think the point he was trying to make was that you don't need to constantly reinvent something each season to make it good. Which is an opinion I agree with, however at the same time, MLP is run by a toy company, so they need to make these kinds of changes in order to keep toys selling. I do however feel the writers do a poor job of incorporating the changes, making it feel like with each premier and finale it's just "WOW SOMETHING NEW!" right when people are trying to settle into the previous new thing.
>>
>>27946768
>Jojo certainly does a good job with this.

Jojo's dialouge is entertaining due to being about how the powers work, not so much each person's power levels.
The entertainment comes from "This power is fucking crazy, but here's its rules, how can you exploit it like a D&D rules lawyer?"

Its like in rurouni kenshin, there will be frequent breaks in the action for Kenshin to give a speech, but the speech is entertaining because he's breaking down how the other person's seemingly magical abilities work via physics/science, and how he can counter it since its just a physical action.
>>
>>27946818
I'm just hopeful the movie does something with the 6 of them. I'm giving up hope on EQG 4, because it looks like it'll just be another Twilight Sparkle movie, judging how the synopsis is she has PTSD or whatever over being Midnight Sparkle.
>>
>>27946768
>Jojo certainly does a good job with this.
>literally burning with energy
ya, thats much less energy. so now you want it to go the naruto route.
>>
>>27946851
Same.

I was actually looking forward to Legend of everfree before I got that synopsis, Since I was hoping we'd get a mane six movie.
Sadly, it does not seem like that will be the case with the synopsis, and the fact that it specifically points out that sunset's the only important one of the mane six with Twilight's Midnight sparkle shit.
>>
>>27946840
>>27946855
I was just making a joke about Jojo, don't take it seriously about what I was talking about with MLP.
>>
>>27946834
there is no problem liking change
Now that is has changed, what will you do?
WILL YOU BITCH?
OR WILL YOU LEAVE?
>>
>>27946876
i actually havent watched jojo yet so i didnt catch your joke m9
>>
>>27946872
Right. But at least Sunset is a character who will talk to the Mane 6, even though they're side characters, unlike a certain other redeemed character.

On this topic, I suppose one could call out the "DBZ" criticism by saying "Well S1 and S2 had lasers too, remember the Elements rainbow laser?" And you see, the reason I feel that's different is because again, it actually had to include the Mane 6 working together in some fashion. Even Return of Harmony was more than just Twilight Sparkle. So I feel like a fight that involved the Mane 6 together would actually be appropriate. But just Twilight? All that does is just make her look like some superhero who needs to save all the side characters.

Power Ponies I think is another good example of fighting in the series, and I would call that "DBZ crap". Because that involved the friends working together. They did stuff as a team. It was more than "Watch Twilight save everyone else, I guess."
>>
>>27946718
it's just a girls show, don't think about it
>>
>>27946718
WTF I hate MLP now.
>>
>>27946898
You know, I really find this argument fascinating. What is it supposed to mean? That once something has changed you're supposed to welcome it and love it, or completely leave everything altogether? It's not just here, it's used all the time, with Twilicorn, Starlight, EQG, etc.

The thread was opened to discuss the Tirek fight. Of course you're going to get people's opinions on it. Did you seriously want it to be a circlejerk of everyone who loved it? When the subject is brought up, people are allowed to voice what they don't like. This isn't a safe space. People don't have to leave just because they don't like what you like. And when it's a change that has impacts in areas, people are allowed to notice how things changed and comment on the result. That doesn't mean people hate the series altogether.
>>
>>27946975
Wtf I hate change now.
>>
>>27946929
I'm hoping guardians of harmony is inline with what power ponies was.
it was pretty popular, especially given all the extra PP stuff they've made for fans.
>>
File: 1405006456689.jpg (58KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1405006456689.jpg
58KB, 960x720px
Every time this stuff about people wanting "the old show" back is brought up makes me think: are there really that many starvelings out there, in desperate need for "comfy", cuddly SoL crap to cater to their sensibilities? Have people really become so adverse to action and storylines?
>>
>>27947058
If we're lucky we might see a return in Power Pony stuff. After Hasbro had the Target Exclusive line, now apparently Funko may be releasing Power Pony mini figures. If we're lucky, if GOH goes on for a year or so, we might get Power Ponies there too.

>>27947059
I think a pretty fair counterpoint can be made in why do you need action, is it that if there's not an explosion or a laser every 5 minutes you lose focus?
>>
>>27946788
>MLP pushed ZERO boundries
>He says about S1
>The season where Twilight lifted a living constellation in the shape of a bear.
>Fed it a warm bottle of milk that she made from advertisement signs.
>And rocked it to sleep.
>And later on in said episode, we see another living bear constellation, who is just as big as the BBE in S5.
>MLP pushed ZERO boundries
Sure it does anon.
>>
>>27947059

No, but when I come to enjoy a show for something, I won't like it as much if it changes into something other than what I came to it for. To not be able to comprehend that people become upset or don't enjoy something because it wasn't what it was when they first got it. This is a really dumb analogy, but I think it's funny. You're given an ice-cube and you love the firmness of it. You enjoy the cold it gives off, you like the slick texture and the clearness of it. As time goes on, it holds it's clearness, but loses other qualities you enjoyed as it turns to water. There still are moments where you see the ice in the water your left with, but now it's all wet and warm. It splashes around and isn't very easy to hold. Again, it's really stupid, but it kinda makes sense as to why people might react like this.
>>
>>27947123

What the hell is a boundary to you? I'm fucking lost.
>>
>>27947126
I guess thats why fanfiction is there..

Sorry, anon.
>>
>>27947142

Yeah, you're right. Fanfiction exists to flesh out the world a ton and give more grim stories and deeper lore to the world. It's there to place more focus on those things. Does this sound familiar to you?

Hint:It's what people were saying back in season 1 and 2.
>>
>>27947123
What the hell does that have to do with boundries?
>>
>>27947183
I liked s1 and s2 fanfictions way more than modern fanfictions

Probably because other seasons broke billions of headcannons and possibilities
>>
>>27947134
If being crazy and ridiculous is bad, then MLP has always been bad.Every iteration of MLP has done something crazy, and for their time pushed boundaries that no one expected them to. So crying about a giant laser fight is the dumbest thing anyone can do, when crazy and violence has been apart of this show since day one.
>>
>>27947204
>So crying about a giant laser fight is the dumbest thing anyone can do, when crazy and violence has been apart of this show since day one.
What? No. That doesn't make sense, it doesn't add up. You can't say that laser fights can't exist because Twilight handled a magical creature. If this was an argument about magical creatures, you would make much more sense. Nobody is arguing about Tirek, in fact Tirek was always one of the most wanted villains to appear. The argument is about the fight itself. And you're doing a poor job equating the fight to Season 1, just because Twilight put a magic bear to sleep. That's not crazy, because dealing with giant creatures has always been a part of the show. Steven Magnet, the hyrda, they've always been around. But using lasers to fight them, and throwing each other into mountains? That's what people are bringing up as an issue.
>>
>>27944993
They're focusing on the elements of harmony again for their current toylines; To me that screams that we're going to get more magical macguffins revolving around them again.

Coupled with the guardians of harmony line makes me think we should expect big things in the future.
still find kind of funny how they're using the tagline elements of friendship for these lines instead of elements of harmony.
>>
>>27947291
>each pack comes with an enemy they made up with
does this mean we can expect rara to make up with suri and aj to make up with flim flam?
>>
>>27946898

I will continue to watch the show in hopes to find small pieces of what I enjoyed. I know it won't be what I want, but there's still episodes that are fun and remind me of what I really enjoyed about the series when it first came out.

>>27947204
Pushing boundaries is changing who the show is meant for. The reason the show was so well received is because it didn't break boundaries but wrote the show with real characters that didn't have two-dimensional characterizations. It took characterizations from all walks of fiction, put them together, and wrote good characterization and development of their friendship. Little girls shows have been doing this forever , but they were poorly written, always having the same cliche plots. There's nothing that's pushing the boundaries for mlp. It is just a well written show.
>>
>>27947306
Oh god please no. There's FAR too much Bullshit reformation in this show.
>>
>>27947369
Yeah really. Some characters are just better off being irredeemable bitches. Suri, Flim and Flam are fine.

God help us all if they decide to redeem Tirek.
>>
>>27944993

There aren't many good excuses to display that kind of power. Doing so again would interfere with the storytelling.

There may be some good fights, but would prefer fights to be more like Twilight and Starlight in the S5 finale with lots of dodging and surprises rather than raw power.
>>
I didn't mind the Tirek fight but it never has to happen again...nor do we really need another villain like Tirek again. The show thus far has been pretty good at keeping things different every time....we don't need this show to become a generic anime. It was fine to have that kind of thing once, it doesn't need to be the standard
>>
>>27947241
And yet the bear is made up of stars anon. Last I checked star can't eat,sleep, nor get mad. And it's crazy because how absurd it is, just like how Tirek laser light show is crazy. If MLP is bad because of crazy light show, then MLP is always bad because it does craz things every chance it gets. Even Steven Magnet is crazy. Hydra can't even grow hair.
>>27947320
And yet MLP is still the same show since gen1. No matter how many death threats are thrown around (and there is a lot of them in gen1), no matter how absurd the plots get, and no matter how crazy the solution is to solving problems, MLP will always be MLP, and that hasn't changed just because Twilight zapped a big bad in the face.
>>
>>27947476
I don't know, its a once in a season thing to have these kinds of fights since it only really would occur in either the finale or premier.

I think its a good thing for those episodes since they exist to push the envelope.
>>
File: 1435962626895.png (554KB, 864x486px)
1435962626895.png
554KB, 864x486px
>>27947500
You're looking way too deep into shit that isn't there nor that anyone cares about. There's no such thing as unicorns, they don't raise the sun and the moon by their own will, and magic doesn't exist. Everyone knows this shit, and your "argument" makes absolutely no sense. There's an idea of fantasy that people accept in the series. This has absolutely jack shit to do with Tirek's fight. It's as if you're trying to use this idea that crazy things happen in the show to explain away out of character moments. Would you use argument this to justify Applejack being a retard in Applejack's Day Off?

And evens still, no one is saying that the fight is crazy or doesn't make sense. The argument is that it doesn't belong in the series. You're trying to argue something that no one is talking about.

Seriously, what the fuck are you even saying? Did you think before you hit post?
>>
>>27947527
>since it only really would occur in either the finale or premier.
That's precisely what I'm talking about, I don't want the same finale twice...I don't want the same villain twice.

MLP is, and should remain a hell of a lot more creative than trash like DBZ. Keep giving us different kinds of villains with different kinds of abilities, goals, and etc....I don't need a new Tirek, we already had one and he was fine.
>>
>>27947542
How does it not belong? Wanna tell me how NMM was beaten. Remember kungfu Flutters? Wanna know Rarity's favorite way to hurt others is? She punches, and kicks the shit out of them. Hey Twilight can I use you as gatling gun for just a sec? If you don't like the fight, then that's fine, but don't pretend that MLP has never done violence before S4.
>>
File: e45.png (521KB, 720x528px)
e45.png
521KB, 720x528px
>>27947646
I'm convinced you're genuinely retarded. Like, an actual mentally handicapped person in real life. No on is talking about fighting in general. Read the god damn thread. No one is pretending violence or fighting doesn't exist in the series, no one thinks it's a happy little show with frolicking and just that. People are just talking about the over the top nature of the Tirek fight, and the fact that it just focuses on Twilight. Even the OP, who clearly was one who enjoyed the fight, recognized the fact that the fight was more "epic" than anything else in the series. I'm giving up on you if you can't comprehend this.

>Wanna tell me how NMM was beaten.
Even with all the fighting in the series, this one doesn't even back up your illogical mess of a "point". She was literally beaten by the magic of friendship, there was no fight at all. There was just a rainbow that turned Nightmare Moon back into Luna. How can you chalk that up as an act of violence compared to everything else in the series? At least reference the changeling attack or something.
>>
File: tall.jpg (173KB, 1024x2616px) Image search: [Google]
tall.jpg
173KB, 1024x2616px
>>27947806
>Even the OP, who clearly was one who enjoyed the fight, recognized the fact that the fight was more "epic" than anything else in the series.

OP here, just want to state that while I enjoyed it, I still HATED the fact that it contributed to the episode more or less being a Twilight sparkle hour.
Which is kind of why I'd like to see another "Epic" fight, one where ALL of the mane six contribute, yeah?

Actually enjoyed the climax of Rainbow rocks more than the S4 finale for this reason; it seemed more like a group thing in that climax while still seeming suitably epic in how they ended it.
>>
>>27947806
No you're crying about how it was a crazy DBZ light show and it somehow changes MLP for the worst. Well first off here is a DBZ fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs08CHmZUos. Notice how these two fights are nothing alike, so there goes the whole DBZ bullshit argument.

Second The next complaint about this episode is the lasers. MLP have always had lasers since episode two, which is why I asked how NMM was beaten, and I did mention the changling attack, but I guess you glossed over it.

Third MLP is crazy, nothing in this show is normal, even the so called "comfy" had some crazy shenanigans in someway or another. Which is why I brought up all the crazy violence shit. Everything in this show is crazy. You can't hate one crazy thing, and just ignore the others because you like them.

And fourth. If MLP is somehow worst to you after the S4 final, then that is your opinion. Not every one is going to hold the same thought process as you, as evident by this thread.

And lastly. It changed nothing, S5 open just like S1 did, with a SoL followed by action in their openings. And after those two episodes air, it went straight back into Sol. Just like your precious S1 did. MLP has always been about SoL sprinkled with action adventure. S4 didn't change anything, because that shit been going on since day one.

So once again I ask you. Why does the S4 final not belong?
>>
File: 1428788452203.png (63KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1428788452203.png
63KB, 256x256px
>>27948010
>Well first off here is a DBZ fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs08CHmZUos. [Embed] Notice how these two fights are nothing alike, so there goes the whole DBZ bullshit argument.
Oh my god. You're actually autistic. I can't even joke about it anymore. I'm done here, I literally can't go on. Holy shit.
>>
So when chrysalis reaches her Perfect form, do you think Cadence will force princess flurry heart to fight her by herself so she can push her to reach super alicorn level 2?
>>
>>27948080
>Blah blah I have no arguments, so I'ma throw insults and walk away.
Good night anon.
>>
File: 1461737965984.png (323KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461737965984.png
323KB, 900x600px
>>27945694
>>27946533
Starlight proved powerful against Twilight, but only in a scenario she set up.
The spell made it so she didn't have to overpower Twilight, just out-maneuver her. Starlight just had to keep Twilight busy long enough to fuck up the Rainboom.
In term of magical power and basic cunning, I bet Sunset could take Starlight.
>>
>>27948086
Yeah, and Flurry Hearts will win.
Then they'll be a time skip and the Schmooze will return, but it'll be so powerful no one will be able to match it. It'll absorb most of the cast and transform into Super Schmooze. And then the only way to beat it will be for Twilight and Sunset to use Potara Fusion to be become Sunlight Twinkle.
>>
>>27948179
The scary thing is, this actually makes SENSE
>>
>>27948135
It's not even an insult at this point. If you actually have to post a Dragonball Z fight and then say "Well see it's not the same thing!" you clearly can't grasp basic elements of human dialogue, and it's quite apparent you are socially inept. Even skimming over the rest of your post, it's the same kind of nonsense. There's no point in engaging you, as you are incapable of intelligent conversation over the subject matter.

But I guess I'm the stupid one for completely forgetting that My Little Pony attracts crowds such as yourself. I'm just at a loss of words.
>>
>>27948179
>>27948206
does this make Trixie Yamcha?
>>
>>27948206
I like forward to their glorious fusion.
And together, they will totally wreck Majin Starlight.

>>27948228
Trixie is Yamcha.
>>
File: 1354786747277.jpg (35KB, 493x770px) Image search: [Google]
1354786747277.jpg
35KB, 493x770px
>>27948218
>I'm just at a loss of words.
loss *for words, you stupid nigger.
>>
File: 1464853211429.gif (842KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1464853211429.gif
842KB, 480x270px
>>27948010
>>
>>27948218
>Thinks Season one is perfect
>Unwilling to accept anything past it.
I think you should take the autism test anon. One of the symptoms is unwilling to accept change.
>>
>>27944993
It felt completely out of place so hopefully not.
>>
>>27948296
I never even mentioned season one you illiterate dipshit. Stop trying to build a strawman. Do you even read anything you reply to? Are you sure you know how to?
>>
>>27945979
this
i can see>>27945862 point, it dose seem a little out of place. that dose not make it a bad thing (as long as they dont over do it like they almost did in the last season finale). this is not an action centered show, but it would not hurt to show a little scuffle here and there.
>>
>>27944993
>ctl+f
>edgy
>Only 5 results
Pretty suprised desu
>>
>>27948318
I'm reading them no problem, but for some reason, you don't want to answer the question. I don't care if you don't like the S4 final, and I'm trying to change your opinion either. All I'm asking is why do you think it doesn't belong, when MLP has always had crazy over the top antics, lasers, crazy violence, and the show has been a SoL with a dash of action adventure. What does the S4 final do that is so radically different that it doesn't belong?
>>
>>27948303
kill yourself
>>
File: 1468572650993.jpg (50KB, 397x525px)
1468572650993.jpg
50KB, 397x525px
>>27948620
You first, friendo :^)
>>
File: 1468977171707.gif (886KB, 175x144px) Image search: [Google]
1468977171707.gif
886KB, 175x144px
>>27948256
>>
>>27948155
Sunset probably has more raw magical power than Starlight. The old Sunset might taunt old Starlight into fighting her head-on, which if Starlight is pressured into accepting, she'd probably lose. I imagine Starlight would probably be running away for most of the fight trying to come up with a plan once she sees she can't overpower Sunset. Sunset would probably teleport spam over the place following her and taunting her for running away. It depends if Starlight can find an opening or if Sunset's mockery gets to her.
>>
How did this turn into a Starlight vs. Sunset topic anyways?
>>
>>27950560
Heh I wish it was. The thread is about muh slice-o-life vs adventure basically.

I'm fine with both but I want more action at this point, as those establish better rules about the world of Equestria. than slice of life does. People just call it edgy shit nowadays but I loved the Tirek fight.
>>
File: SpiketamaColored.png (731KB, 1000x1334px)
SpiketamaColored.png
731KB, 1000x1334px
It would have been better if Spike just casually walked out of the Library after the explosion and punched Tirek in the face
>>
>>27950670
>People just call it edgy shit nowadays
that's just S1 purist autists, the majority of the fandom viewed that fight very favorably.
>>
I loved it but I don't want to see more stuff like this. The whole point of the was to show that even with all the alicorn magic, they weren't able to beat Tirek. Since then they've beem focusing on fixing problems like that with actual friendship like with Glimmer.

I wouldn't mind a battle with the Mane 6 all using their different set of skills to win though.
>>
File: 1468980791926.gif (407KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1468980791926.gif
407KB, 250x250px
>>27950714
>People don't like a thing
>WAAAAAAH THEY'RE S1 PURISTS THEY'RE NOT REALLY FANS
>>
>>27950901
Is it really?
>>
All I hear from those of you who hated the fight scene is "I want this show to be boring, just the way I hate it."
>>
>>27944993
If they're planning on anything like that, they'll be saving it for the movie.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.