[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some 10/10 episodes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
What are some 10/10 episodes?
>>
>>27915740
>pic unrelated
>>
>>27915740
objectively saddle row review
>>
>>27915753
objectively how?
>>
>>27915745
>t. neet
>>
Applebuck Season. My favorite episode.

Spice Up Your Life, Saddle Row Review, Hearth's Warming Eve, and Winter Wrap Up were all 10/10. All of these were unique amongst the show's episodes (at the time, anyway). Winter Wrap Up had one of the most popular songs in the fandom. Saddle Row Revies' struture is completly different than other episodes (similar to Rarity Investigates). Spice Up Your Life had a cute twist of Rarity and Pinkie doing the wrong jobs, kinda like a foil to Made in Manehatten. Hearth's Warming Eve was an original twist on regular Christmas episodes. I always hated when sicoms made Christmas episodes, because they were all the same story. But this one was great, and original.
>>
>>27915776
>a Dave Rapp episode
>good
Stop sucking your own dick Dave or you'll break your back. And that would be great actually, buy I'd really prefer something even more painful for you.
>>
>>27915740
slice of life
brotherhooves social
crusaders of the lost mark
the saddle row review
>>
Season 5 eepisode 1 and 2
>>
>>27915800
shit, i missed a hearths warming tail
>>
>>27915740
Flutter face in that picture is too much for my coronaries
>>
>>27915800
>Slice of life

Right, one of the shittiest episodes in the series, hardly a 4/10
>>
This show was never THAT good, you know.

I guess by the standards of MLP something like 'Ponyville Confidential" would be solid gold but as a series, MLP is inherently lacking substance to produce 10/10 episodes.
>>
>>27915888
Amen
>>
>>27915740
all of them
>>
File: thanks steven speilberg.png (964KB, 1624x1210px) Image search: [Google]
thanks steven speilberg.png
964KB, 1624x1210px
>>27915884
>>
>>27915884
This still perplexes me when there are genuinely bad episodes.

But, no, /mlp/ just gets hung up on the fandom love letter episode.
>>
>>27916051
It basically destroyed many headcanons
>>
>>27915783
this
>>
>>27916124
Bon Bon's character was a little much but that's all I disliked about it.
>>
>>27915740
The Return of Harmony
The Cutie Map
Amending Fences
A Heartswarming Tail
Crusaders of the Lost Mark
>>
Magical Myster Cure is the only 10/10 episode
the rest are 6 at best.
>>
>>27915740
None of them.
>>
>>27916304
hello Larson
>>
File: PonkSmile.gif (1MB, 320x388px) Image search: [Google]
PonkSmile.gif
1MB, 320x388px
>>27915740
I have exactly zero and a half literally perfects.
>>
>No mention of testing, testing, 1 2 3
Shameful display
>>
>>27916124
More like confirmed them.

Like now, it's pretty much canon that Derpy is a muffin loving ditzy mailmare. Lost mark even had her doing deliveries in a uniform in the background.
>>
>>27915800

>slice of life
>yeeh xD the show is pandering to me xDDDD
>brotherhooves social
Tranny Big Mac was one of the worst thing in the show, Im considering you are bait at this point
>crusaders of the lost mark
Literally destroyed DT's character, she will never appear again and neither the CMC doing something relevant
>the saddle row review
I agree
>>
>>27917404
slice of life was the show having fun.
brotherhooves social dealt with a fairly complex family issue that was actually realistic. you might get it more if you were a big brother.
im not one of those idiots who think characters maturing = destroying them. people change. i was a huge asshole when i was a kid as well, but you wouldnt know that talking to me now.
>>
>>27915740
Saddle and row review
Best night ever
Wonderbolt academy
Return of harmony
cutie mark chronicles
Sonic rainboom
Hurricane fluttershy
Winter wrap up
The cutie mark map
Testing Testing 123.

Alot of these are dash episodes: She's pretty mercurial, in that her episodes tend to either be GREAT, or be SHIT. (compare TT123 to Newbie dash for example)
>>
>>27916329
Dude, Larson practically disowned Magical mystery cure due to his original script being gutted.
>>
>>27917427
>slice of life was the show having fun.
And that doesnt mean it was good
>fairly complex family issue that was actually realistic
Please dont say that people dislike being ignored by their younger sisters
I have seen plenty of people literally running out of their houses because they couldnt stand their family
The problem is far from realistic
>characters maturing = destroying them
DT could be a bully forever and no one would give a fuck
She could even become a smarter one but no, they decided to just say she was wrong all the time and reformed her, and the writers as usual, fail at doing that
>>
>>27917501
>And that doesnt mean it was good

Why are you dissenting? What place do you have?
>>
GoF was good.
Plus, it introduced a good waifu.
>>
>>27915740
the ones I write
>>
File: cutie mark.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cutie mark.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Bloom and Gloom is a severely under-appreciated episode, in my opinion. It explored her deepest weaknesses, while keeping her totally in-character and accomplishing several different plots without it feeling sloppy or over-whelming. The happy conclusion of CotLM wouldn't have had nearly as much effect for me if it wasn't for this episode and showing how much it really means to her, based on what she felt all that dread and anxiety for.

>she should have known that's not how cutie marks work!
>she should have known her friends and family wouldn't hate or leave her!
They're dreams of a child suffering bad anxiety over her future and life. I don't know if people who make those complaints have never experienced something like that before, but I could strongly relate. Like Luna told her at the end, she was having trouble accepting herself for who she is, by fearing her mark. That lesson of self-acceptance, with her having that extra clarity that things would stay the same even after she gets her mark was just great.
>>
File: 1432872962581.png (387KB, 3000x3819px) Image search: [Google]
1432872962581.png
387KB, 3000x3819px
Party of One
>>
>>27917704
Bloom and Gloom is the episode that finally got me interested in MLP. Then I saw The Cutie Map and was hooked. I've been on the ride ever since.

And yes, without Bloom and Gloom, the episode Crusaders of the Lost Mark would not have had the strong impact it did.
>>
>>27915753
Just saw Saddle Row Review for the first time yesterday. To say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement.
>>
>>27917823
god damn you're new!
>>
>>27915753
>No Second Prances
>Heartbreakers
>Saddle Row Review

Can Nick Conaflone be given all of Dusudeau's episodes and just fire the latter?
>>
>>27915740
>Owls well that ends well
>Party of one
>No second prances
>Amending fences
>Season 4 and 5 finales
>>
>>27917823
Season 5 really was fantastic. It's kind of a shame that it'll probably never be topped. I was so excited for this new season, after all the great characterization and AB/CMC attention in S5.
Maybe this second half will surprise me.
>>
>>27917501
>And that doesnt mean it was good
but according to you, the same reason makes it bad.
>The problem is far from realistic
>i didnt feel it, therefore no one feels it
no.
>DT could be a bully forever and no one would give a fuck
only deadend losers are bullies forever. you can find them at your local gutter.
>>
File: 1354416962580.jpg (54KB, 853x456px) Image search: [Google]
1354416962580.jpg
54KB, 853x456px
>>27915740
Fuck you, I liked it.
>>
Sonic Rainboom
Suited for Success
Party of One
A Dog and Pony Show
Swarm of the Century
Cutie Mark Chronicles
Winter Wrap Up
Lesson Zero
Hurricane Fluttershy
Sisterhooves Social
Luna Eclipsed
Ponyville Confidential
Sleepless in Ponyville
Pinkie Apple Pie
Testing Testing 123
Maud Pie(With the exception of the ending)
Amending Fences
Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?
What about Discord

These are my >opinions of 10/10
>>
>>27915740
Apple buck season is still my favourite episode, the show never quite got as good as the first season again
>>
>>27919677
pretty liberal with your 10s
>>
>>27919677
>What about Discord
Fucking what! Are you sure you didn't forget to add Princess Spike to your list too?
>>
>>27919750
I meant Make New Friends but Keep Discord not What about Discord.

my bad
>>
>>27915740
>who wore it better.jpg
>>
>>27915740
Genuinely only 5-10 episodes can be considered 10/10, any more than that and you are just deluding yourself.

The highest rated single parters on IMBD are:
>Pinkie Pride
>Party of One
>Crusaders of the Lost Mark
>Amending Fences

I think, objectively, these are the best episodes of the series, though Saddle Row Review, Lesson Zero, and Cutie Mark Chronicles are all almost there.

Twilight's Kingdom, Return of Harmony, and A Canterlot Wedding are all highly rated, but are all at least slightly overrated when compared to the above four due to hype.

No other episode should really be considered a 10/10, simply liking something isn't enough to give it a perfect rating. It has to objectively be without faults, or nearly without faults. Episodes like WWU, SiP, or Sonic Rainboom are great episodes, but are not worthy of being considered perfect.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.