[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunter Anon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 127

In his dying seconds, Anon reminisces the events that led him up to this moment.

”Stay with me Anon! Everything will be okay…”

http://pastebin.com/u/Zirivak

Chain Reaction (Walle): http://pastebin.com/vGU5BPGN

Previous thread: >>27835955
>>
starlight spam killed the thread
>>
>>27905486
neato
>>
Keepin it alive
>>
Jesus christ, whats with all the spam?
>>
>having to bump 30 minutes after last bump

this shit is not funny anymore
>>
page 9
discuss or die!
>>
Thank you for making a new thread
>>
File: 1448848876673.png (2MB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1448848876673.png
2MB, 1333x2000px
Bump
>>
Are we safe now?
>>
>>27909393
yes
>>
File: 1449912744414-3.jpg (445KB, 1120x792px) Image search: [Google]
1449912744414-3.jpg
445KB, 1120x792px
>>
File: 1453177866234.png (1MB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1453177866234.png
1MB, 1024x1448px
>>
>>27913135
>>
File: 1453933675638.png (184KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1453933675638.png
184KB, 700x700px
>>27913865
>>
File: 1456259985618.png (2MB, 1297x914px) Image search: [Google]
1456259985618.png
2MB, 1297x914px
>>
>>
>>27916852
>>
Up
>>
File: image.jpg (269KB, 900x585px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269KB, 900x585px
This is how it feels by now
>>
File: 1441333195724-4.png (983KB, 1475x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1441333195724-4.png
983KB, 1475x1150px
>>
>>27917519
>>
File: d8q4a5y.gif (2MB, 977x817px) Image search: [Google]
d8q4a5y.gif
2MB, 977x817px
Wakie wakie
>>
>>27921300
>>
File: 1458259333415.jpg (2MB, 2700x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1458259333415.jpg
2MB, 2700x1800px
>>27923318
>>
>>27923318
>>27923899
>>
File: 1463766552914.jpg (469KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1463766552914.jpg
469KB, 1000x1000px
>>27924678
>>
>>27876086
>Forging Grip approves of your reaction with a nod, and then explains some details about the craftsmanship that went into your new equipment.
>”By now you must have noticed that the steel does not weight as much as it should, and that is because of a very special art of mine. Enchantments and rune carving.”
>The mare instantly perks up at the mention of this, ready and alert to hear what the minotaur might have to say of a practice both old and mostly discarded by everyone but a few scholars that have preserved it for the same reasons that they do objects and techniques of yesteryears.
>”There aren’t many materials that are able to accept enchantments, and of those few steel is the one that is most reliable -it binds well enough with runes, retaining the most magical stability- which is why I used it instead of iron.
>”Normally I wouldn’t bother going to such extents for a commission, not unless I was paid substantially that is, but the chief said that it was of the utmost importance and this is the first time that I get to meet, much less craft, something for your kind.
>”I take it that your mission is an important one and it would be best to keep you safe in whatever way possible, which is why I have carved two specific enchantments onto each steel plate. Feather weight and spell reflection. They are self-explanatory, I think, but not perpetual.
>”Feather weight will last for about a month before it fades, and spell reflection has a limited amount of times it will be able to withstand an attack. If the armor’s integrity is compromised or if they are subjected to huge doses of magic, then the enchantments will fail and disappear.”
>You inspect your left arm guards and run a hand across its surface, sensing the rough texture of the leather, the hardness of the plate it covers, and as you reach the flap you notice that it also holds a narrow sheet of metal.
>The minotaur notices your discovery.
>>
>>27925583
>”Those are useful. When your opponent is at arms’ reach you will be forced to take on a different approach to combat, so be quick, focus on blocking with the forearms, and the armor should cause the gryphon’s talons to crack like bone.”
>Twilight distances herself from the conversation, visibly troubled by the talk of violence and combat.
>She is not dismissive of what might have to be done to stop the threat that currently looms over the western horizons and whose wings spread wider with each passing day, but her nature is not one of conflict and to picture you fighting for your life, forced to end the life of another to survive, makes her grow pale and ill at ease.
>But she is thoughtful and calculating mare with a plan and she finds some solace in that.
>”Gryphons are vicious fighters, quick and deadly. Be vigilant.”
“I will.”
>”The flap and sheet is there mostly for you to use offensively, a strong strike with it should disorient your opponent, hopefully cracking his beak too, same as with a kick. If you wish you defeat a gryphon you will have to fish for any type of advantage and then press on until he is either dead or unconscious. They don’t do half measures and neither should you.”
>He then points towards your still discarded waist pack and the knife strap that you have lay along with it on the ground.
>”And since that toothpick won’t do you against a tempered sword, I have taken the liberty of forging you a true blade.”
>You follow his finger and realize to some apprehension that you no longer have room to carry neither the knife nor the waist pack, forced instead to take only the pouch which you are certain will dangle from your side.
>Forging Grip walks off to retrieve one of the many sheathed swords that he has hanging from a wall display and, after inspecting the detailed artistry of its pommel and cross-guard, extends it to you, who grab it with reserve.
>>
>>27925587
“All of this might be too much for me to carry.”
>”Then leave the pouch and have the princess carry a saddle bag.”
>The suggestion makes you turn towards her and remember the ones that she used to carry at the beginning of the journey, which only now you happen to realize have been missing for some time.
“What happened to the saddle bags you brought from Canterlot?”
>”They are gone. I lost them in the town.”
“Serpent’s Heart?”
>She nods, mortified.
>”Then you’ll need new ones. Our tailor should provide you with some. Do try to be mindful of them this time; losing your gear in unknown lands is very dangerous.
>”And you can give me back the pouch, a sword will be much more useful for you to carry.”
>Although you agree with his recommendation, you chose to take a look at the blade that you have been gifted first, though you keep it within its scabbard for the time being.
>The first thing that catches your eye is the detail of the crest that has been etched into its round silver pommel.
>Three pairs of wings, of which the top and middle ones are open wide in majestic display, while the bottom one is folded as if cradling the center piece ruby.
>You get progressively more disquiet as you continue to stare at it.
>The way in which the design tries to convey a sense of magnificence, the detail put into the feathers that implies great care and devotion towards its crafting, the gap between each segment of the wings that distinguishes it as gryphon wings rather than a pony’s.
>It all reminds you of your prey as the image calls out to every brief but harrowing memory of him and his flight, and somewhere behind those recollections peers an indescribable recognition and attachment towards the crest, connections that where once undeniable and now feel aloof and incoherent, and force you to mumble to yourself.
“His crest.”
>The minotaur talks, unaware of your thoughts, and your sensations banish.
>>
>>27925595
>”Those are the wings of Blaze. The fateful companion, honest heart, and stalwart protector. His crest is worn as a charm by warriors of the west, especially monster hunters.”
>Twilight had minded your troubled appreciation of the emblem and a question pops out of her lips upon seeing it herself, one of scholarly inquiry rather than sensibility towards you.
>”Why so many wings?”
>”Because Blaze was a six winged gryphon.”
>She is instantly taken aback in disbelief.
>”I’ve studied gryphon history and anatomy and there is no scientific proof of that, not even a single mention of such a thing. What you are saying is impossible.”
>”Yet it’s true. They were gifted to him by the Lonely Goddess during the liberation of her great city.”
>He speaks calmly, with a certainty brought by faith, and Twilight, having experienced visions -peculiar in origin yet ordinary in their depictions- about Blaze’s life and believing that the smith speaks of fables rather than empirical facts, sees no reason to pursue the subject any further, although she does consider approaching Daisy about Lumen’s legend once you two have a chance.
>”I do not expect you to know our history or traditions, but rest assured that his crest is welcomed by all in these parts and it will bring you good fortune.”
>You inspect the straight cross-guard and its vine carvings which appear rather simplistic in comparison to the pommel.
>The scabbard is plain and practical, made fully out of leather except for its chape –the point of the scabbard-, the mouthpiece –the opening through which the sword goes through-, and the metal buckles used to adjust it around the chest.
>Holding the sword by its leather bound grip, you take it out and let the light of the day reflect off the pristine, untested blade, while on its fuller glistens a set of elaborate runes.
>>
>>27925602
>You have never held such a weapon before and, after getting some distance between yourself and the others, you try swinging it around in mock combat, finding it to be easy to wield with a single hand and acting almost like a natural extent of your body.
>It is in this moment that you first encounter a cognitive familiarity with the sword, your fingers feeling at home wrapped around the weapon’s hilt and your arm welcoming the weight of steel.
>The knife that you used to carry is undoubtedly underwhelming when matched to a sword.
>”It has an enchantment powered by the ruby on the pommel. Press your hand against the surface of the blade and say, ‘Blaze’s Will’.”
>You do so without any consideration as to what may happen, and once the last word comes out of your mouth and the blade is alight with fire, you are so distraught that you almost let go of it.
>”Useful for making a gryphon jump out of its feathers in fright, even before you get a chance to singe them. Good against all manner of monsters of the wild, but try not to use it against timberwolves, else you risk burning the whole forest.
>”The fire lasts until you turn off the enchantment by saying ‘Lumen’s Peace’ or because the ruby runs out of energy. This is the only enchantment which has unlimited uses, provided that the ruby is not fractured. If you ever need to recharge it, know that it absorbs small quantities of background magic and it takes around 2 days to fully charge. Alternatively, the princess can zap some magic into it and do so instantly, but I am not versed in the magical arts so I couldn’t tell you how much help that would be.
>”Regardless of the enchantment, try practicing whenever you have the time, but remember to always take advantage of the range of that magical cannon of yours. Fall back when you can, be mindful of your reach, and be quick to block. Never discount an opportunity to attack, it might end the fight swiftly.”
>>
>>27925613
>You say the words, sheath the blade, shoulder the scabbard after taking off the pouch, and present your hand for the minotaur to shake.
“I’m not sure how to thank you for all of these.”
>He doesn’t acknowledge the gesture but gives you an honest smile.
>”Take care of my gifts and go do what you have to do. We’ll drink, shake hands, and smoke the pipe once you pass through here on your way back. The princess is invited, of course.”
>Twilight smiles and the two of you vow.
>”Thank you.”
>”Go along now, and take care friends.”
>Forging Grip vows, grabs his pipe again, and returns to his seat outside the shop.
>You say your farewells and head back to the inn, where Twilight takes a couple of minutes to discuss the possibility of Daisy safekeeping all the belongings that you have to leave behind.
>Staying outside the inn during their exchange, you start adjusting to your new attire, testing the speed with which you can reach for your weapons, to the peculiar glances of passersby.
>It is every sound person’s want to never have to take up arms against another, to never have to fight for its life and claim that of another in order to survive, but you are painstakingly aware of the threat that Silver poses towards your and your companion’s life.
>And when you remember Twilight’s fear and the blood that stained her back -blood that she had presumably washed away in the same shower in which you washed your own- you can’t help but go for the butt of your revolver, promising yourself to put a bullet through the gryphon lord’s chest.
>Your muscles tense up with an anticipation fueled by vengeance and hatred and your skin remembers each wound it sustained under his orders.
>Here you promise yourself that will come a time when your revolver will speak the gryphon’s name, and hopefully Twilight won’t have to hear it.
>When she comes out of the inn, Twilight notices your hardened expression.
>”Are you okay?”
>>
>>27925621
>You quickly push all darks thoughts and scratch the mare behind her ears.
“Getting used to the new outfit, that’s all.”
>She sees no need to question you further.
>”Let’s head to the tailor now, there are some things I have to pick up.”
“New saddle bags?”
>She starts walking with a dainty and distinctly playful step, joking with a mischievous look and a chiming tone.
>”Not only that. Somepony has been working on her new attire.”
>You fall in step with her.
“I thought that was Rarity’s talent.”
>”Oh it is, but whereas she is the most talented of the group when it comes to dressmaking, I am the most proficient in magic, and I have been doing what I can to apply that to some clothes of my own.”
“Was the princess jealous that her companion was better dressed than her?
>”What? Of course not. I just thought it would be useful.”
“Sure you did.”
>She loses the spirited demeanor and turns to you with some concern.
>”Really, I am not.”
“Okay.”
>”The chief offered to provide some equipment for the both of us and I just accepted his offer. That is all.”
“If you say so.”
>She scrunches her nose and hurries her pace, swinging her tail in exaggerated annoyance.
>”For a princess’s companion, you are awfully outspoken.”
>You smile and rest your right hand over the revolver as you keep up with the mare.
“What am I to do with myself? She told me she liked it.”
>”She never said that she liked being teased.”
“I know, I just thought that was implied.”
>She uses her tail to give you a light slap on the thigh and you can’t help letting out a chuckle.
“You are just too precious when you get flustered.”
>The fluttering of her wings and the slight coloration of her cheeks, which she is swift to hide by turning her face away from your view, make you think that you might have struck a nerve and you are ready to apologize, but then she speaks quietly, fighting against her embarrassment.
>”Thanks.”
>>
>>27925626
>She closes the distance between the two of you and your hands goes inadvertently to her mane.
>Her color deepens as you pet her gently.
>When you arrive at the tailor’s shop, Twilight knocks twice, enters as a usual customer, but keeps you from following her inside.
>”It’s a surprise. I’ll be right back.”
>>
>>27925636
Update done!

>>27905503
>>27906537
>>27906860
That sounds fucking rough man.

>>27919794
Don't you dare anon! Don't you fucking dare!
It hurts because it's true.

So yeah, Starlight happened, we are back on track, and our hunter gets a whole lot of brand new things.
Now it's Twilight's turn.
>pic obviously and undoubtedly unrelated
Hope you enjoy it!
>>
>>27925670
Also, pastebin updated
>>
>>27925710
Cool Guy.
>>
File: 1465077392308.jpg (38KB, 170x497px) Image search: [Google]
1465077392308.jpg
38KB, 170x497px
>>27926003
>>
>>27925670
That's one hell of a sword he got. Can't wait to see him put it into practice. Great update as always.

Also I've noticed that you keep using vow instead of bow. I've been meaning to say it but I kept forgetting.
>>
>>27926003
I have my moments.

>>27926063
I do? Fuck, I didn't even notice that! Gotta fix it asap!
>>
>>27926096
If you have your story on word just use the replace function. I think you've been doing this since the beginning of the story.
>>
File: 1461980083040.jpg (136KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1461980083040.jpg
136KB, 1280x1280px
>>27926148
Yeah, I just went through it. There were a couple of instances where I had used vow correctly but had quite a few to change.
I'll fix the pastebin once I come back from walking my dog.
Thank you for pointing it out, dear anon! I appreciate it!
>>
>>27926193
Muchas de nadas hermano. Estoy para ayudarte.
>>
>>27926233
no, no tacos, thank you
>>
>>27927252
More for me.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (433KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
433KB, 3000x1688px
>>27927274
Then I'll keep to my milanesas!
>>
>>27926900
>>
File: 1460223021429.jpg (338KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1460223021429.jpg
338KB, 1600x800px
>>27929212
>>
>>27925626
Nice cute update :3
>>
>>27928087
>>
File: 1458259749763.jpg (2MB, 5520x3488px) Image search: [Google]
1458259749763.jpg
2MB, 5520x3488px
>>
>>27932722
>>
>>27925670
Ziri I don't know if you can but there are couple of questions that have been bugging me and I think the rest of us would like you to answer, unless they are secrets that you want to keep
1. Is Geist coming back?
2. Was Lumen an alicorn?
3. Does Celestia know more than she is telling?
4. You said "the revolver will speak X name", first kind of baguely, and now very ominously, so... is our hunter going to shoot Cinnamon?
5. DID THEY FUCK OR WAS IT A DREAM?!

Im sure I am not the only one wondering all this so if anyone else is, please point it out and add your own questions if you want to
We love you white hermano and it would be great if you could reply
>>
>>27934405
they didn't fuck, it was a blaze/lumen vision
>>
>>27933612
>>
>>27934405
For number four, I took it as our Hunter realizes that he will have to kill others on this journey in order to protect the ones he loves. He will kill to protect Twilight, he would kill to protect Cinnamon, and he is going to kill to protect the nation.
>>
>>27937312
I got the same feeling out of the last update but why use the phrase "the revolver will speak X name" if it was only used once before and referencing an innocent character? It was too specific, and Ziri never commented when we were worried that our hunter might shoot Cinnamon, and now I can't stop thinking that he is foreshadowing something quite dark.

>>27935256
I won't believe it until Ziri confirms it
>>
>>27938391
>>
File: 14681289285.jpg (459KB, 3173x2398px) Image search: [Google]
14681289285.jpg
459KB, 3173x2398px
>>27939621
>>
>>
File: 1461542446094.jpg (93KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461542446094.jpg
93KB, 500x500px
Questions, questions...

>>27934405
>>27935256
>>27937312
>>27937528
I hope I don't disappoint with my answers!

1. Yup, he will appear more often after this chapter.
2. Short answer: No. Long answer: she was a unicorn with a very rare and powerful talent that Starswirl thought incredible at first but learned would lead to horrible consequences on the user, albeit a little too late. She lived and died never being an alicorn, just a special snowflake.
3. Celestia knew Lumen, Blaze, and Geist when they were all a happy little family and visited them a couple of times, always accompanied by Starswirl. She is an ancient mare who knows a lot about the world and she always trusted Lumen, unlike Luna (more on that in Chapter IX and Epilogue. She knows of the tower, the vaults, and everything else, and is certain that Twilight and our/her dear hunter will succeed in their mission. Why she doesn't take a part in it has more to do with her believing that it isn't her or Luna's place to interfere.
4. Now this is different. There is what >>27937312 said, which is the reasoning that I wanted to communicate without having to do so explicitly, but there are also the words of >>27937528. The thing is, and I'll be ranting now, that Silver was going to pick up a piece of Geist's heart, which the entity would explain would become corrupted outside of the tower, and he would then gift it as a pendant to Cinnamon while posing as a generous prince. The piece would later take over the girl's mind and she would burn her inn, her parents, and herself in an act of insanity, forcing our hunter to end her tortured life. That plotline was obviously cut and, in a way, the fact that the gun speaks the names of everyone is more to symbolize those that have had an influence in the life and choices of our protagonist. The revolver is an extension of his will after all. As for Cinnamon she will Please consult chapters VIII and IX.
5. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>27942499
Your enjoying leaving un in the dark aren't you.
I know I would.
>>
File: 1468446865901.jpg (99KB, 574x578px) Image search: [Google]
1468446865901.jpg
99KB, 574x578px
>>27942566
Maybe.
I could tell you what happens but then it wouldn't be fun to read about it, now would it?
Though people argue that even if you spoil the ending you can't spoil the book, but whatever.
>>
>>27942607
No. No spoiling please.
>>
>>27943297
>>
>>27944293
>>
File: 1441334360310-0.png (3MB, 4500x3500px) Image search: [Google]
1441334360310-0.png
3MB, 4500x3500px
>>
>>27945231
>>
File: 1441334360310-1.png (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1441334360310-1.png
1MB, 1280x1280px
Bump
>>
File: 1441334360310-2.png (1MB, 1300x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1441334360310-2.png
1MB, 1300x2000px
>>
>>27949634
>>
>>27950302
>>
>>27951029
>>
I want to write something for this thread but procrastination hasn't let me advance more that 100 words. It will be something short so don't expect an epic like siri-sempai. Wish me luck anons
>>
>>27952065
good luck anonchan
>>
>>27952012
>>
File: 1441334360310-3.jpg (176KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1441334360310-3.jpg
176KB, 1024x1024px
Bump
>>
>>27953070
>>
File: 1441334360311-4.png (723KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441334360311-4.png
723KB, 960x720px
>>27953990
>>
>>
File: 1467836341652.png (630KB, 960x714px) Image search: [Google]
1467836341652.png
630KB, 960x714px
What the fuck is going on? We're already on page 9 and the last bump was less than 30 minutes ago.
>>
>>27953055
>>
File: 1441334889306-0.png (1MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1441334889306-0.png
1MB, 1920x1920px
Bump
>>
File: 8ce.gif (283KB, 422x300px) Image search: [Google]
8ce.gif
283KB, 422x300px
Bump !
>>
>>27959163
poners
>>
>>27958072
>>
>>
>>27962220
>>
File: 1441334889308-1.png (864KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1441334889308-1.png
864KB, 1000x800px
>>27963258
>>
>>27961263
>>
File: 1441334889312-4.jpg (276KB, 1024x1201px) Image search: [Google]
1441334889312-4.jpg
276KB, 1024x1201px
>>
>>
>>27966903
>>
>>27966066
too early?
>>
>>27965605
>>
File: 89754213541.jpg (3MB, 5255x3026px) Image search: [Google]
89754213541.jpg
3MB, 5255x3026px
>>27968086
?
>>
ziruwak is kill?
>>
>>27969031
>>
File: 1441335102078-0.jpg (562KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441335102078-0.jpg
562KB, 960x720px
>>27972295
>>
>>27966903
>>
>>27973367
>>
File: 1441335102079-2.jpg (436KB, 1536x2112px) Image search: [Google]
1441335102079-2.jpg
436KB, 1536x2112px
>>27974980
>>
File: 1441334416984-0.png (1MB, 1181x1748px) Image search: [Google]
1441334416984-0.png
1MB, 1181x1748px
>Almost a week
>>
File: tumblr_nqmh85qa6K1rnwv24o1_1280.png (368KB, 900x485px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqmh85qa6K1rnwv24o1_1280.png
368KB, 900x485px
>>27976647
Eeyup !
>>
>>27977637
>>
File: 1441343638510-4.png (728KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441343638510-4.png
728KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1463245783011.jpg (59KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463245783011.jpg
59KB, 919x720px
>>27976647
>>
File: 1460743382861.png (281KB, 535x466px) Image search: [Google]
1460743382861.png
281KB, 535x466px
>>27976647
>>
File: 1455682540089.png (122KB, 572x662px) Image search: [Google]
1455682540089.png
122KB, 572x662px
>>27976647
>>
>>27976647
>>27979858
>>27980122
>>27980501
Christ you poor things are alive and bumping. I'll whip up some shitposty green(like I collaborated with Ziri last thread) tomorrow. Will that sate your hunger?
>>
>>27980681
yes, for a few hours
>>
File: 1441779198084-4.png (289KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1441779198084-4.png
289KB, 400x400px
>>27980681
>>
File: 1441386886021-4.jpg (369KB, 960x605px) Image search: [Google]
1441386886021-4.jpg
369KB, 960x605px
>>
File: 1441338931662-0.png (1004KB, 1181x1748px) Image search: [Google]
1441338931662-0.png
1004KB, 1181x1748px
>>27982513
>>
>>27983791
>>
>>27984505
>>
>>
>>27986057
>>
File: 1441397481770-0.png (2MB, 1359x868px) Image search: [Google]
1441397481770-0.png
2MB, 1359x868px
>>27987479
>>
>>27988614
>>
File: [crying horse noises].gif (2MB, 440x244px) Image search: [Google]
[crying horse noises].gif
2MB, 440x244px
I believe that Ziri will drop a lot of green any moment now.
I have to believe.
>>
File: 1441394804797-3.png (1MB, 3000x1683px) Image search: [Google]
1441394804797-3.png
1MB, 3000x1683px
>>27989242
>>
File: 1441559592142-3.jpg (614KB, 1500x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1441559592142-3.jpg
614KB, 1500x2200px
>>
>>
I read all of this story in three days and now I need more.
>>
File: 1441561367136-4.png (406KB, 1836x1833px) Image search: [Google]
1441561367136-4.png
406KB, 1836x1833px
>>
>>27993820
>>
RIP Ziri
>>
File: 5410698498249.png (1MB, 3449x3175px) Image search: [Google]
5410698498249.png
1MB, 3449x3175px
True to Twilight
>>
File: 1441604217647-1.png (246KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1441604217647-1.png
246KB, 640x640px
>>
>>27995946
>>
>>28000367
>>
File: 1441760416933-4.jpg (261KB, 1280x1374px) Image search: [Google]
1441760416933-4.jpg
261KB, 1280x1374px
>>28001048
>>
Do you think if Anon survives this adventure (despite the prologue) he might find happiness in a peaceful life in Ponyville with Twilight?
>>
>>27998038
>>
File: a qt.png (2MB, 4000x2482px) Image search: [Google]
a qt.png
2MB, 4000x2482px
P10 emergency bump
>>
File: 77OWp3O[1].gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
77OWp3O[1].gif
2MB, 400x400px
waiting on ziri like
>>
>>28002132
I sure hope so, although seeing how this story has progressed, anything is possible.
>>
File: 1457525302844.png (45KB, 273x151px) Image search: [Google]
1457525302844.png
45KB, 273x151px
>>28003055
We need to give him an offering of Argentina. It worked last time.
>>
>>28002132
The clever bastard must have a plan but a couple of things bother me.
I mean, we know that they are inside the Vaults but why didn't Twilight teleport and heal him? Couldn't they use the treasures inside to save him?

Anyways, I don't think that he will agree to staying in town.
Would he really be satisfied living in a place with no hunting and where all problems are solved with rainbows?
Honestly, I am much more concerned with the fact that we don't know if he is alive or not, both in the real world and in Equestria. Does he even get a chance to choose to have a life after this adventure?
>>
File: 146967037710.png (245KB, 933x850px) Image search: [Google]
146967037710.png
245KB, 933x850px
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>>27980681
ayy nice to see you again mate
>>
File: nyx captcha.jpg (169KB, 876x626px) Image search: [Google]
nyx captcha.jpg
169KB, 876x626px
>>27905486
What is this thread about?
>>
>>28005680
>>
>>28007070
It is a (Godtier) fanfiction.
The pastebins contain the the various authors.
>>
>>
seriously i'm starting to worry about him
>>
>>28008512
Me too.
>>
>>28009203
>>
>>28010575
>>
>>28011450
>>
ziri is dead
tfw the last words of the story he wrote were
>I’ll be right back.
>>
File: i wonder whos behind this.png (6KB, 452x523px) Image search: [Google]
i wonder whos behind this.png
6KB, 452x523px
>>28012112
I wonder who's behind his demise
>>
File: 1445194587880.gif (143KB, 274x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445194587880.gif
143KB, 274x200px
>>28012112
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE SURPRISE IS
>>
File: 1468604978125.gif (2MB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1468604978125.gif
2MB, 450x450px
>>
File: 1441763412462-4.jpg (215KB, 641x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441763412462-4.jpg
215KB, 641x600px
>>
>>27925636
>You do not argue with the mare, rest your back on the side of the shop the moment she’s gone, and take the chance to look beyond the rustic roofs of the houses, catching the white glint of the tusks surrounding the chief’s tent and the clear blue behind.
>A pair of guards strides leisurely a few meters away, axes hanging lazily from their hands as they chat about yesterday’s events.
>One of them, young, of healthy brown fur and sharp horns, is gesticulating with his free hand, entertaining his much older companion whose wobbly smile betrays his attempts at holding back laughter at the boy’s enthusiasm.
>The sight makes you ponder on their tranquil lives in the serenity of a world that does not dread the days to come, or the man that is walking down the street a few steps away with a knife hidden under his shirt, or the insecurities of feeling purposeless in a society of practicality and materialism.
>These two aren’t police officers, guns at the ready, walking through downtown unaware that they are about to get shot.
>They are not a father and son who are about to get run down by a drunk driver on their way home.
>Just a happy family of guardians, enjoying yet another morning together.
>A serine sight, heartfelt and significant in its simplicity.
>Here, in a world of ponies and fantasy and harmony, the people can grow by the side of their loves ones, they can bask in the sun without any worry, and can go through the years following the callings of their soul.
>They eventually disappear from your view, but your thoughts follow them down the road.
>Twilight steps out of the shop beaming and covered from head to hooves with her new attire, and your attention goes to her when you hear the sound of the door.
>It strikes you how distinct the outfit is compared to anything else she has ever worn in the show or anything that would ever be fashioned by Rarity’s stylish imagination.
>>
>>28015037
>A dense, striped, tawny piece covers Twilight’s midriff and the upper part of every leg, grasping tightly at her body and working as a suitable imitation of the gambeson you wear.
>Covering it is a crimson robe, thin and light, that hugs her chest, leaves the front legs exposed, has cuts at the sides to allow her wings through, and parts right before the back legs to grant her freedom to run and buck.
>The upper half of her front legs showcase how diligently padded the undergarment is, and beneath the robe one can faintly make out the outline of a chest guard that instantly reminds you a piece of Nightmare Moon’s armor but which’s design you are unable to grasp.
>Her forelegs are all adorned with polished bronze pieces; bracelets of sorts that shimmer in the light and you are certain were provided by Forging Grip.
>A hood of the same material and color as her protective clothing reaches out from underneath the robe and over her head.
>Two holes let her ears be exposed while the hood can remain in place regardless of movement and wind.
>Her mane drops down the side of her neck and though the opening of the hood, her horn is uncovered and proudly visible, and her tail goes through a cut on her clothing, swaying in the breeze in the same manner as the scarf she wears which is a perfect match to your bandana.
>Grey, plain saddle bags hang from her sides, and on her back she carries a bundle of folded cloth which you can’t distinguish for what it really is.
>She meets your eyes expectantly and when she sees your face glows with wonder and a slight attraction to her fascinating new look, she can’t help but ask all too eagerly while twirling in place.
>”What do you think? Do you like it?”
>The robe and tail dance around her.
>Your grin is answer enough for her to stand on her hind legs and starts kicking her front ones excitedly.
>”Yes! I was sure you’d like it! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!”
>>
>>28015040
>She stops herself when she hears the beginning of your laugh and quickly clears her throat, suddenly composed.
>”I mean, I was expecting such a reaction.”
“Didn’t figure you would go for something so adventurous.”
>She extends one of her legs and inspecting its bracelet.
>”Neither did I, but I have to admit it has its appeal. Besides, we should be practical, not glamorous. And like I said, I put some of my skills to use.
>”Took me some time and effort, but this whole outfit is tailored out of manacloth -the same material as your gloves. I worked it so that it can absorb and hold background magic, acting as a container of sorts so I can always have some extra energy for hefty spells while it also recharges me naturally just by wearing it, which should help with magical exhaustion and such.”
“That is very ingenious.”
>”In case you haven’t noticed yet, I am a very smart pony.”
>You chuckle and boop her nose, which startles and confuses her for a second.
“And here I was thinking you were just a pretty pony princess.”
>She stutters and takes a step back.
>”I have something for you too.”
>You cross your arms, and study the cloth that she levitates up from her back and in front of you.
>It becomes clear what it is the moment she stretches it out.
“A cloak?”
>She nods and carries it behind you.
>”Simple but special. Do you mind?”
>With your approval and her magic, she unbuckles your scabbard, and puts the sleeved cloak on you.
>The thing hangs loosely around you, concealing your equipment and granting some shelter from the rain.
>Being open down the middle you can easily reach out for your revolver, presumably even if it were to be closed by the brooch on your chest, one that you notice with disdain is crafted as a pair of silver wings.
>The first thing you try to do is lock the thing, and Twilight stops you right as you lift your hands towards it.
>”Don’t do that just yet. Let me explain what the cloak is for.”
>>
>>28015043
>As she placed the scabbard around you once more, she begins to explain the reason behind this latest addition.
>”There are two cloaks -one for you and one for me- and each one is filled with my magic. The brooch has a spell on it and acts as a link, so that when you close it and the wings come together, the spell is activated.”
“What’s the spell?”
>”An incomplete variation of Clover the Clever’s illusion spell. It will make us look like somepony else so long as the viewer doesn’t know that there is magic at work; if that happens, well, the spell won’t work on that pony.
>”This isn’t shapeshifting like what I told you changelings can do, just a visual change which means that even if you will look like different, you won’t actually be different. If somepony were to try to do something like touch your face, they will find that it isn’t as they see it and the illusion will be over.
>”Just like my robe, both cloaks need the brooch to trigger the spell, so don’t lose or break it.”
“What will I look like?”
>”A teenage minotaur.”
“Okay. And do you mind telling me the obsession with the silver wings? It is a nice reminder of who we are chasing but it does make me a bit unease.”
>She frowns, perfectly understanding what you mean, and she flutters her own wings involuntarily as the thought of a blade piercing her back comes back to mind.
>”They are a symbol of luck and tradition. Blaze had silver feathers, though obviously not by birth.”
“How do you know?”
>She takes a hoof to her chest and looks away.
>”The visions. I keep having them.”
“So do I.”
>”Then haven’t you noticed it? His feathers are ordinarily brown.”
>Indeed, you had never been able to focus too hard on the visions that you were going through and had not noticed that.
>They came at random, triggered by something that you have no control over, and you went through them on what you can vaguely refer to as autopilot.
>>
>>28015046
>You remember them well, each and every one of them, but the finer details eluded your attention because of how unconcernedly familiar they were to the gryphon whose life you were experiencing.
>And so, if Blaze didn’t care much for what he was seeing, if he didn’t focus on it, then neither would you.
>But how could it be that Twilight held a better understanding of the finer features of these visions?
>Did she have a better hold on reality than you when they happened?
>”I’ve thought about it and as far as I know a gryphon can’t change the pigmentation of his feathers. It might degrade with time in the same way that a pony’s coat does, losing its luster and fading in color, but for them to go from brown to shining silver is undocumented.
>”Though I guess it really doesn’t matter. I’m certain that the visions will give us every answer we need eventually. We’ll just have to wait.”
>Curiously, beginning as a meager passing thought that grows bloated and indecent that more you try not to think about it, a question surfaces inside of you.
>You are anxious to voice it, and it isn’t until Twilight catches your not-so-hidden expression and asks to tell her what is on your mind that you let your tongue lose.
“Last night. Did you see-“
>She is well aware of what you are referring to and her face communicates this long before she even speaks.
>”Yes. We don’t have to, you know, we don’t have to talk about it. I mean I don’t want to. Maybe later? Tomorrow? Please?”
>She doesn’t say anything else as she takes to walking back in the direction of the inn and you understand her reticence on the matter, so instead of prodding her you suggest sharing some early lunch before going to the chief for directions and appreciations for the contributions to your cause.
>Twilight agrees and immediately calls for you to take your attention upwards, to an event neither of you have seen before.

>>
>>28015048
>The universe steadily unfolds and as the world turns so do the eyes of the Spire, observing all with crystalline perfection.
>The tower is a most valuable artifact, a watchtower from which one may gaze at every secret and through every door, a stronghold from where even a fool can see all.
>And it is no wonder that no rune, spell, or lock, can hide the truth from its eternal dweller.
>With no need for the illusion of substance, the spectral sentinel has shaped the inside of the tower into nothing but an empty black void where neither sound nor sight exist, where time has no meaning, and the only significant reminder of reality is the jagged and distorted jewel.
>It remains frozen in midair, empty as the shadowy Geist now soars through the void, peering through space and lost in a mental conversation that had hours ago, when a soothing voice creeped impossibly into his mind.
>”He searches for the third in the north and it won’t be long before they meet. It desires the second’s power before opening the gates. I don’t expect it to succeed, but if it does I am sure that she will be content to finally rest.”
>A pause and an answer.
>”I had expected to speak with the true princesses, but gone are the days of their active meddling on every affair. It is time for others to act. I should probably mention that Celestia visited shortly after the incident, years before I slept. She said her piece to him, clearly believing it would have been moving or uplifting. He found no comfort, however. He never did.”
>The waves clash against the edge of the island and waterlogged pieces of the town are decimated on its shore as the conversation progresses undisturbed.
>”Misguided? I believe it righteous, even if conflicting with the master’s views. Though there is just a single isolated example to compare it with, it has been proven to be true for a thousand years. I am certain that this one will be the same.”
>>
>>28015049
>Another pause.
>”Perhaps, but since the ultimate decision is not mine to make, I will hold my post here and-“
>Geist is cut midsentence, stopping to hear intently at what is relayed next.
>”Truth be told, I attached the interloper with a shard as a precaution, but I never would have guessed that this is how things would turn out to be. By everything that I know it shouldn’t be real. I thought I would be sleeping eternally. I am still perplexed by this turn of events.”
>This time the wait is longer and it isn’t until the outside crystals have done a full circle around the tower that Geist speaks again.
>”I have no interest in doing so, it is frightening, but I am servant and there isn’t a thing I wouldn’t do. Before the end however, I wish to confess that it had been my wish to see the two together, at least during the later years. Emotion was never one of my gifts and so it is one of the hardest things for me to say but...”
>Geist breaks off by its inability to properly phrase his innermost thoughts.
>The nothingness around it transforms into a mirage of hundreds of memories, all cherished and meaningful to the sentinel.
>The heart stirs, one of its barbs cracks and disappears, and the ritual begins.
>”I think I loved the master and I am afraid that I never got the chance to express this. Was it aware of it? ”
>Four more fall and the images coalesce into a single sphere of thought, an image that only its creator can appreciate or comprehend, and the heart pulsates with life that hasn’t held since the parting of its master.
>”Of course I understand. I will obey the master’s last request. There is yet one last question that I must ask.”
>Piece after piece snap and from under them the pure stone that was brought by the sea serpents can finally be distinguished after so many years.
>>
>>28015052
>The magic that had accumulated like dust inside the crystal and pushed outwards against its spotless walls is finally being released, put to use by the specter as the heart ignite, radiating power.
>”I need to know if I will see the master again?”
>A shower of glistening shards cascade from all over the gem, disintegrating as they travel the empty space, becoming dots of gold before finally disappearing forever.
>Geist extends a spectral leg, reaching out to them and somberly watching them pass through its immaterial form.
>Diligently the entity travels upwards, crossing an invisible threshold into his atlas and then further up, arriving at the peak with perplexing swiftness.
>The heart follows, rotating with unparalleled speed and joining its owner while the outside crystals circle the Spire and shine, white cracks beginning to form on them as they quicken their pace.
>The heart rests atop the hexagonal pyramid, immediately causing the panels on its sides to detach and float around the stone, each crackling with energy.
>Geist oversees the process, consuming every drop of magic that the heart has gathered as its brilliance increases with every second, crowning the tower with a sphere of light which burns away shadows as far as Serpent’s Heart and the forest beyond.
>Clouds part and evaporate as the runes around the Spire flash, triggering unknown incantations put in place during their creation.
>The skies turn dark as their colors bleed into far-reaching auroras that travel outwards in mesmerizing strokes of light, drawing curtains and arcs, changing as they go.
>Naked horizons are filled with the life-force of the ancient being and its home trembles under the might of the spells that are so passionately woven by the abandoned child.
>The first shock is unleashed, causing the once calm seas to turn into a frenzy of waves.
>>
>>28015055
>Sensitive animals from all over the North Lunar Sea’s coast catch scent of the shift in the air and turn towards the tower, alert to what might come.
>Geist pushes on and the outside crystals fracture, their massive shards crushing onto the island in a rain of debris; some of them dig into the ground, others explode upon impact.
>The panels spew lightening into the heart in a storm of magic, bending and melting all the while.
>As the ritual continues, the emanations grow stronger, as does the intensity of the enchanted flares, and the strain of it takes a toll on the tower.
>Cracks appear and travel across its surface, some of them leaking tendrils of magic that gathers around the heart, forming rings around it as they are caught in its spin.
>Waves break on the shores of the town, obliterating its already weakened docks and supports with a force that not even the mystical wood can withstand.
>The few standing houses collapse, bringing down with them whatever remnants of their history they might carry, their splinters joining those of the marooned ships whose carcasses are finally devoured by the waters.
>Inside the tower, the pillars of the Atlas can’t hold, chunks of the pony heads that constitute them fall and are pulverized upon hitting the bottom of the area, followed soon after by the crystals that were fixed into the pillars.
>The tremors further compromise the structure’s integrity, causing the cracks to become fissures and cover huge portions of the walls, momentarily appearing as if they were decorated with painted tree branches.
>Another shock escapes the heart; rifts open across the island; the sea water boils and sizzles.
>The light of the spell is seen across the northern part of the West, flaring like the rising sun as its fingers of aurora lengthen.
>>
>>28015059
>Inside a lonely hut hidden in the tundra behind Star Pilgrim’s Pass an old mare ventures into the white expanse and stares into the distant, indifferent to the raging blizzard.
>She recognizes the magic, knows its wielder like she does herself, and speaks hoping that hear words can reach it.
>”Goodbye, my dear Geist.”
>She doesn’t move as the snow gathers on her mane and back, watching intently through the storm and at the spectacle.
>Further south a group of gryphons looks at the same thing with awe, wondering if it is a normal occurrence of these lands but finding no one to provide them with an answer.
>Silver is greatly at peace and allows the beauty of the view to sink deep and fill him.
>The folk of Striped Tusks start to call everyone’s attention towards the celestial event and the streets are soon packed with an attentive audience that sees the colors shift and the shapes change in a grand display of enchanted splendor.
>Twilight teleports the two of you to a nearby roof and presses her body against yours.
>You throw an arm around her and watch.
>Ponies in Vanhoover see it too, stopping their tasks to marvel at the incredible and inexplicable.
>In Canterlot a feeling of wrongness guides Celestia to the balcony of one of the castle’s towers, where she is almost immediately joined by her sister and together they catch the faintest glow in the horizon, concern growing on their faces.
>Geist’s features become harder for the being to sustain and form is surrendered in favor of concentration, turning into a dark cloud that dances around the brilliant stone.
>The panels are effectively destroyed, disintegrated.
>The tower, unable to endure the pressure any longer, gives way with a rumble that rises into an overwhelming roar.
>Foundations crumble, runes burn out, and spells fade; dust and smoke rises up in grey tongues and is trapped in the tempest of the heart.
>>
>>28015062
>The structure topples to one side as its walls foam down while the island shakes wildly, snaps, and sinks.
>Then it all goes quiet.
>Held in place and stopping its spin, the great gemstone absorbs everything around it -dust, smoke, Geist- and dims, returning the heavens to their natural state, effectively ending the auroras that fascinated every spectator.
>It flickers, once, as Geist pronounces the name of its master; inside your pocket something glows briefly before going dark; and the heart explodes with a flash.
>A ring of blue fire spreads out, traveling far and over the land, before dissipating into nothing but a thin rain of wonder.
>There is an unintelligible whisper, a final breath of existence, and then the Spire, first treasure of the West, is no more.

>You keep Twilight close, as you two remain in peaceful silence, still gazing at the sky long after the enigmatic lights have died.
>Whatever pressing matters should be guiding you are forgotten and none of you dare break the moment to recall the weight that lies on your backs.
>She rests her head on your lap and you pull the hood off her head to allow your fingers to intermingle with her mane.
>Lunch can wait, same with the Golden Frontier, and you want to suggest staying in town for another night together when you hear a commotion in the center of town.
>You tell Twilight to ignore it, certain that it isn’t something for her to be concerned about, and she accepts this without a word.
>The air feels electric as it grazes your face but carries with it a surprising calmness, all of which you think must have to do with what you had witnessed.
>A minotaur hurries through the streets towards the southern gate, the words of his superior still ringing in his ears as he relays them to the guards on duty who promptly exchange worried glances.
>>
>>28015067
>They had seen the red stallion of golden hair -a level-headed trader that they often see coming into town with his caravan- rush by them without his customary greeting or entourage, and had been left rather confused.
>Now, with the reason for his rush explained, they turn back the plains and see the many silhouettes of approaching figures that had previously been out of sight, already aware of whom they are.
>How fortunate that they happened upon the caravan instead of having a sentry spot them on the way, one of the minotaurs thinks, this way a confrontation can still be avoided, although that remains a possibility.
>You and your companion are oblivious to this until, after many minutes of coziness, the yelling begun.
>”Hunter! Hunter, where are you?!”
>Twilight gets on her hooves and teleports you close to the source of the calls, startling the guard as you two appear.
>He recovers his poise in a blink and points to his post.
>”You two need to come with me, right away. There is trouble at the gates.”
>For the first time since you got your new gear you are forced to run and are pleased to find it easy and unobstructed.
>Your destination isn’t far and you reach it in less than three minutes.
>The sight that awaits you there brings a knot to your throat and an apprehensive look to Twilight’s eyes.
>Through the open gates, lined in formation, between you and a familiar group of merchants, wait twenty armored stallions at the ready, their commander pacing impatiently in front of them.
>He scowls when he sees you so close to the princess, and you can tell that his expression is born out of distress rather than malice.
>Twilight, troubled by the sudden arrival, calls out to her brother.
>”Shining Armor?”

END OF CHAPTER VI
>>
File: 1468446295137.jpg (55KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1468446295137.jpg
55KB, 600x525px
>>28015070
Update done!

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!
I’m so sorry everyone. Life was a real pain in the ass this last week and I got lost somewhere along the road of shit and I should have written more and I didn’t and I’m sorry.

>>28004540
>>28006468
>>28009203
The timing of the Argenta offerings worries me. Why is it that they always fucking work?

>>27980681
Walle, it’s Friday and you didn’t drop a thing. You are hurting feelings here.

Anyways, I am back! And I bring gifts! Namely the last update of this HUGE chapter.
What to expect from the next chapter?
Well, there are sword fights, road trips and detours, backstory, a certain bodiless being, a friend narrating the legend of Lumen, a nice and proper city, and of course, our hunter and his favorite princess.

I hope that you enjoyed the surprises in this update and that I didn’t cause too much fright with my disappearance.
Love you guys, and please enjoy the green!
I'm really really sorry for the delay.
>>
File: 1234567876543.jpg (230KB, 1600x1524px) Image search: [Google]
1234567876543.jpg
230KB, 1600x1524px
>>28015079
You had me worried.
I'm glad you're back.
>>
>>28015079
Hell yeah dude, nice work on this one.
>>
>>28015079

I couldn't care less if you hadn't written a single word of the story in time you were gone, I was just worried you were dead.

I was so scared
>>
>>28015637
>>28015968
>>28015974
I'm here, friends. Sorry that I worried you.
>>
Happy to see you again Ziri !
Nice job on that one, what a great chapter ending... It was worth the wait.
>>
>>28015079
That was one hell of a chapter. We really need a drawfag to bring your attires to life. I was not expecting Shining. I wonder if Luna sent him. Also I was not worried about your absence. I've started to expect updates at a weekly basis like a normal well written fic.
>>
>>28017983
Should we ask around in the drawfag thread?
Try to bring some more attention to this story?
>>
>>28017343
>>
>>28018710
Definitely. This story is sorely lacking some art.
>>
>>28015079
There better be a training montage with Anon and Shining on the next chapter or else...i gonna shitpost and whine like no tommorrow
Nah, not really, but a montage would still be kool OR ELSE...

Also for a while ya wanted to add a 3rd companion didnt ya? Still even thought the thread choose to keep the adventuring with only Twily and Hunter i suppose this will be a plot forced party join, dang
Just hope we can have more two-party adventures sometime

Worries aside, great update as always
>>
>>28016312
Wait till I get to "Guardians". That one will be a doozy!
The chapter in general, I mean, not the ending. The ending will be shit.

>>28017983
But I don't want to take so long to update. I had expected to finish this story in the next month!
And like >>28017983, >>28018710, >>28020608 said, I would be ecstatic to have a drawfag in the thread. I tend to draw details about the story, like our hunter's gear, the Grotesque, the thousand iterations of the Spire, Blaze's "Sephelios" and Silver's "Geradrin" (their swords). So really, if we can get a drawfag here I would suck his dick dry. I'll travel abroad to do it. I swear I will. Voluptuous lips sucking so hard while my big, writefagging hands play with your balls...
Food for thought drawfags.
No homo.

>>28020952
Oh nononono, it's nothing like that.
I mean, I can't really spoil but Shining is here for very specific reasons and he is, as one can well imagine, not very happy with the thought of having his sister adventuring with the one "responsible" for her near death experience.
That aside, there will be a montage! No there won’t. But I have a plan! I shall provide you with a fitting replacement! Honest! Please anon-kun, don’t be so mean…

Now for another rant, let me share my resolution on the whole companion thing.
The poll was there so that I might hear your opinions on the matter and give me a hint as to your tastes and interests, and a tentative plotline was already planned for each choice since I am imaginative like that.
At first there was the idea of Firewing joining the group, something which I have already explained in a previous thread so I won’t do so again (unless someone asks, of course).
Cinnamon Heart’s fate has also been explained before and she is now bound, and I won’t even tease how, to another character.
>>
>>28021392
Then came Vyrik, a minotaur mercenary/monster hunter who was to cross paths with our hunter and Twilight on their way to the Golden Frontier. A 1 on 1 fight would take place, our hunter was to blow off his axe and one of his horns, and the minotaur would surrender. He would then ask for a chance to join the group, something that Anon is against, but Twilight convinces him that it is a good idea to have more allies. The relationship between Vyrik and Anon would have grown as they become honor-bound to each other, and they’d finally part in the city, where the minotaur puts his life on the line to help our heroes.
Vyrik, however, is now a character of (I’m soooo going to regret even considering this) a potential sequel, Hunter Anon: Wild Hearts.
I thought of Geist taking part in the team as a teacher, explaining lore and helping the gang trigger the visions. He would become an astral guide for them, showing them the past and the events that lead to the creation of the Vaults. But he has his own subplot to worry about now, and his detachment to the world didn’t quite fit the role.
Nyx is waiting in the city.
>>
>>28015079
Hello my good aquaintances, whats up fuckers I sincerely apologise for my tardiness, a recent acquisition of a certain canine animal german shepherd with special needs that must be met follows me around like her life depends on it lest she use her arcane mastery stupid bullshit puppy dog eyes to put me under an evil trance. roll a d20, critical hit means resistance, anything below I pet her for the next hour, critical fail means I forget to write for the entire day In any case, I have completed quite a bit of my next chapter, and am toying around with small spinoff side stories, like a Tom Clancy book.(Basically small side characters that we can see the action happen from their perspective)
P.S. Updated pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/mRQfcsGP
>>
what the fuck is going on
>>
>>28022434
What do you mean?
>>
File: 1441779262930-0.jpg (130KB, 900x828px) Image search: [Google]
1441779262930-0.jpg
130KB, 900x828px
bump
>>
File: 1441779262931-1.jpg (396KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441779262931-1.jpg
396KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>28021392
Hey man would you be up for collaborating with Pencils? He's got some bomb ass art skillz and is looking for a writer to help him out. Maybe if you help him out write his own story he can do some illustrations for you.
>>
holy shit he's back!
>>
>>
>>28024372
Sorry for the delay, I was having my zombie beauty sleep.

I know Pencils, his art style is amazing.
We would have to discuss it and all, see the direction he wants to take, what he is looking for in a story, but if he wants to do something together I am more than willing to give the effort a chance.
His thread is currently archived though, so I guess I'll wait for the next one to pop up before going ahead and kindly offering to assist the man.
Oh, and one last thing.
Did he explicitly ask for a writer to help him or are we speculating that he did? Not to be rude to you but I don't want to just go, offer Pencils some helps, and then look like an entitled asshole who wants to have his way with another anon's work.
>>
>>28027865
He asked from the very first thread, then it got brought up again in the lastest one
He did say to drop an ask with lastest works on his tumblr, glazed donuts would ve been better if he asked for paçocas instead but oh well, finns and some way to contact, but it was for that thread and not sure if its still up after he posted this >>28023659

Still, i suppose would be nice for ya to collab with him if possible

Now about the montage...
[shitposts internally]
>>
File: 1441779339403-2.png (511KB, 1013x660px) Image search: [Google]
1441779339403-2.png
511KB, 1013x660px
>>
File: 1454893404316.gif (591KB, 233x209px) Image search: [Google]
1454893404316.gif
591KB, 233x209px
>>28028021
Okay, I just contacted Pencils in regards to the matter.
Tumblr Ask character limit is a piece of shit. Necessary, yes, but a piece of shit nonetheless.
Have a funny story for you though! Not really.
You see, I might have messaged him three times.
What happened is that I used Edge at first and a Javascript error popped up as soon as I sent the damn thing. I didn't think much about it, updated Java, wrote a different message because I couldn't remember the exact words I used, and tried again. Same result. Changed to Chrome, pasted the whole thing, and it finally seemed to work (or did it?).
So, I might either look like a spammer, an idiot, or both. Hopefully none of them, but I guess time will tell.

>>28022434
What are you talking about, dear anon?

>>28021875
HEY! ITS WALLE!
I must say, my fellow writefriend, that canines of the female variety are quite a delight to have, and I myself enjoy the company of one such animal, a brindle coated boxer of european physique. An exquisite example of such a breed, and a wonderful friend with whom to share my modest home.
It is so that I can fully understand the hardships that you have been forced to endure and wish you best of luck with your most recent acquisition.
And it is also lovely that you have kindly contributed a link with your latest writings, however... post some hard green man, we are all loving faggots here, waiting for you with open arms!
I'm going to stop shitposting and start writing now.
>>
File: 1388434521023.gif (563KB, 642x405px) Image search: [Google]
1388434521023.gif
563KB, 642x405px
great update, ziri

>tfw anon and twilight simultaneously had a wet dream in each other's arms
>>
>>28029134
They might not go kissu-kissu yet, but at least they can still have some "fun", right?
Glad you enjoyed it!
>>
>>28029155
it was an interesting way of building up dat sexual tension, to say the least (even if you might have not intended it to be). i hope it doesn't stop there
>>
>>28029192
Their relationship needs nurturing and time and some outside help every now and then.
We can't just have Twilight falling over our hunter out of nowhere, she isn't that type of mare after all.
But they'll eventually have their romance and happy lives together in Ponyville.
They will.
I am sure that they will.
>>
>>28029272
i hate you
>>
>>28029331
You love me bby.
And I love you too.
>>
>>28029373
b-baka
>>
File: 1441779339404-3.png (2MB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1441779339404-3.png
2MB, 900x1350px
>>
>>28029871
>>
>High and away in a castle tower, Princess Luna observes the city of Canterlot through a telescope, her watchful eye ensuring the safety of its citizens.

>A beautiful array of stars arrays your night sky, your magnum opus so to say.
>As you scan the streets of Canterlot, all seems as it should be at this hour, barring a few 'night owls.'
>It gave you time to relax; take a load off from the hustle and bustle of the daylight.
>You hear a quiet tap upon the door to your room, quiet enough to not disturb a sleeping mare, but loud enough an awake one could register.
>Ah, that was probably the maid you asked to bring your tea.
>A cup of tea was always enjoyable during the day, more so when you had the stars and moon above you.
"Come in."
The creaking sound of the door echoes through your cavernous room, signaling her entry.
>"Is this the tea you ordered, your majesty?"
>Titles were never your thing, always just something that was necessary for appearances sake, especially not in private.
"Please Miss..."
>Shoot, you never met this particular one before, was she new?
>"Jade," she says, voice soft and timid.
"Miss Jade, call me Luna, or Princess if you insist upon titles."
>She levitates a small table towards you and sets it down to your right, with a small teapot, a set of cups, and a plate resting upon it.
>She removes the cover of the pot, and your nose is filled with the sharp scent of peppermint and cinnamon.
>An odd pairing, but one you enjoyed immensely.
>While you enjoyed the scent, the maid took off the cover of the plate to reveal a small egg tart, straight from the faraway lands of the Griffin Kingdom.
"Oh Miss Jade, you do spoil me so."
>"It is our duty as maids to assure our Princesses are well fed," she replies, a small grin plastered onto her face.
"Well, if you have no further treats or messages, you may take your leave."
>She gives a small bow and exits the room, leaving you with your solitary tea party.
>>
>>28031042
>Peering through the telescope, you resume your watchful guard of the night, scanning the streets for potential trouble.
>All is as it was before, tranquil and peaceful, except for a singular pony, galloping towards...
>The castle.
>Zooming into his face, you manage to identify the stallion as Senior Officer Clark, the head of reconnaissance and security of the kingdom.
>He seemed to be in a hurry, his face filled with fear and uncertainty.
>Soon enough, another maid comes and knocks upon your door.
>"Your Majesty, an Officer Clark has requested an audience with you, he says it is of great concern."
>Clark was one of your main generals, if he had come to visit personally, it was probably a matter of great importance.
"Send him up; I'm sure we should pay attention to what he has to say."
>Soon enough, the general barges through the door, causing quite a ruckus.
"Shh! Don't you realize ponies are sleeping?"
>"My apologies Your Majesty, but this is a matter of great importance!"
"Not important enough that you cannot spare a moment to enjoy a cup of tea with your Princess," you reply, pouring and handing him one.
>He seems to take the hint and sits down; staring at the canvas of stars you called the sky.
>All was silent as you both admired the view, occasionally sipping out of your cups.
"So, what was so important our most senior captain had to come and tell me personally?"
>His eyes widen to the size of baseballs as he remembers his message.
>"Ohmygoshimsosorryyoumajestyitotal-
>You put one hoof on his shoulder and another one on his mouth and shush him.
"It's fine, just take a deep breath, and tell me what I need to know," you say, beginning to drain the rest of your tea.
>>
>>28031119
>"Our magical sensors near the old castle have been tripped, we have an intruder!" He says with urgency in his voice.
"pfff-WHAT?!" You reply, fiery liquid exiting your nostrils.
>The captain flinches slightly, as most ponies do when you raise your voice.
>Taking a deep breath, you analyze the situation.
>On one hand, it could be a false alarm, but you had the best rune mages in Equestria create them.
>There are many secrets of the old castle, guarded by traps that were dangerous, but only if unexpected, which robbers were not.
>The magical times contained there were vast and varied in both devastation and effects so many that even immortals like you and your sister could not remember them all.
>If you mobilized the Equestrian army, that would raise Tartarus politically and drive Canterlot into a state of panic.
>However if you ignored this, the repercussions could be crippling.
"I need a small team of the best soldiers you have, Officer."
>"That's simply impossible Princess, our best team is currently Team Solo, three of them are currently on recon, and one is at leave in Ponyville."
"Who's second best?"
>"That would be Team Liquid, besides the main captain, there are four active and ready."
"Send a message to Princess Twilight Sparkle to notify the Solo member in Ponyville, I want him waiting for us at the edge of town."
"As for the core of Liquid, I want them ready and at the chariots in 15 minutes.
>"As you say, your majesty," Clark says, bowing slightly.
"Tighten security, I want all four sniper-spotter teams stationed around the wall, and put the city on temporary lockdown, as I need to accompany the team."
>>
>>28031133
>"Your majesty I don't believe it is nec-"
"It is very necessary, Clark."
>"Who will guard Canterlot?" He says in a frantic tone.
"You misunderstand the gravity of the situation, Clark,"
"If some dangerous magic escapes that castle, there may not BE a Canterlot for me to guard."
>"Alright Princess, I trust your judgement," he says, nodding meekly."
"Now leave me be, I must dress for the ride."
>The doors slammed shut, signaling his departure.
>You take a deep breath before heading into your washroom to prepare.
>This was going to be a long night, and hopefully not a bloody one.
>>
Alright, managed to finish that while half awake and running on coffee. The greatest gift I was ever given How did I do? Do you need more, am I a faggot, or should I go kill myself? All types of criticism is appreciated.
>>
>>28031173
You did good. Thank you for the update.
>>
File: 180234523.jpg (149KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
180234523.jpg
149KB, 500x702px
>>28031173
Good to see you're not dead Walle and colour me intrigued the story's got me hooked already, please continue

missed u bb
>>
>>
>>28034386
>>
>>28035106
>>
>>28036016
>>
>>28029272
Let's hope that annon won't die before...
(No need to answer,don't want to spoil)
>>
>>28036813
>>
>>28033407
>>
>>28040172
>>
File: 1441779415372-0.png (653KB, 785x705px) Image search: [Google]
1441779415372-0.png
653KB, 785x705px
>>28042247
>>
File: 1441779415372-2.png (495KB, 1024x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1441779415372-2.png
495KB, 1024x1033px
>>
File: 1441779415373-4.png (283KB, 574x623px) Image search: [Google]
1441779415373-4.png
283KB, 574x623px
>>
>>28045468
>>
>>28046260
>>
>>28048049
>>
>>28045468
>>
>>28048909
>>
File: 1441779483207-0.png (731KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1441779483207-0.png
731KB, 1024x768px
>>28051320
>>
>>28051320
>>
I am writing a bit of green right now, although I only have one post worth of it. Should I post it or should I finish it up first and then post? It won't be long, probably 2-3k words.
>>
>>28052247
You are totally free to do so
3k words should be around 8 posts. Try to finish it, read it, and then post it.
>>
So is any green welcome, even if it's not from our main two writefriends?
>>
>>28052331
If related to the original prompt, yes.
>>
>>28052331
Pretty much
Ziri might be our senpai but no one here, not even he, objects to new green
>>
File: 1441931747784-3.jpg (318KB, 1280x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1441931747784-3.jpg
318KB, 1280x1445px
>>28052247
Looking forward to it.
>>
>>28053668
>>
File: 1441779483208-2.png (1MB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1441779483208-2.png
1MB, 1500x1200px
>>28054548
>>
leech = feg
>>
>>
>>27905503
It looks like they're trying again...
>>
>>27910965
Cute
>>
>>
>>28060199
>>
>>28058731
>>
File: 1441840030591-2.png (1MB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1441840030591-2.png
1MB, 1000x1400px
>>28061040
>>
File: 1441840030592-3.jpg (191KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
1441840030592-3.jpg
191KB, 1200x720px
>>
>>28062462
>>
File: 1441840030592-4.png (1MB, 1280x934px) Image search: [Google]
1441840030592-4.png
1MB, 1280x934px
>>28063871
>>
>>
>>28066321
>>
>>28066860
>>
Page 10
>>
Darn starlight spam
>>
Bump from 10
the feel is real
>>
File: 1441843804536-1.png (142KB, 1000x1239px) Image search: [Google]
1441843804536-1.png
142KB, 1000x1239px
>>
File: 1441845968407-0.png (225KB, 790x923px) Image search: [Google]
1441845968407-0.png
225KB, 790x923px
>>
>>28069488
>>
File: 1441847203277-2.png (4MB, 2193x2931px) Image search: [Google]
1441847203277-2.png
4MB, 2193x2931px
>>
>>28070288
>>
>>28068390
its the worst
>>
>>28072771
>>
>>28074892
>>
>>28075653
>>
File: 1460350895082.gif (382KB, 510x382px) Image search: [Google]
1460350895082.gif
382KB, 510x382px
>>
File: 1441847796690-3.png (260KB, 1085x1391px) Image search: [Google]
1441847796690-3.png
260KB, 1085x1391px
>>
>>
File: 1441848681822-1.jpg (267KB, 467x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441848681822-1.jpg
267KB, 467x600px
>>
>>28078954
>>
>>28081597
>>
>>28082910
>>
>>28084455
>>
File: 1441851937983-4.jpg (209KB, 1598x917px) Image search: [Google]
1441851937983-4.jpg
209KB, 1598x917px
>>
File: 1441931747783-1.png (367KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
1441931747783-1.png
367KB, 900x700px
>>
>>28085310
>>
File: 1441933404643-2.png (796KB, 1200x1323px) Image search: [Google]
1441933404643-2.png
796KB, 1200x1323px
>>
>>
ziri come back
>>
File: 1441934481236-0.jpg (223KB, 1500x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1441934481236-0.jpg
223KB, 1500x1060px
>>
>>28091544
nice wet princess there
>>
>>28089124
>>
File: 1453999598033.jpg (1MB, 2129x1589px) Image search: [Google]
1453999598033.jpg
1MB, 2129x1589px
>>28092679
Thank you.
>>
File: Sad book horse.png (741KB, 849x918px) Image search: [Google]
Sad book horse.png
741KB, 849x918px
>Tfw Ziri and Wall-e forgot about us
>>
>>28093852
can you blame them? they must be swimming in pussy with those elite writefagging skills
>>
>>28094378
Heh... Yeah... Definitely doing that...
Definitely not just lazy.

I'm always lurking around 4chan, but not always posting. I'm considering doing some green for /moon/, and I'll get to working on the next chapter eventually,
>>
>>28095610
>>
>>28096331
>>
>>
File: 1451936839519.jpg (714KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1451936839519.jpg
714KB, 1000x1414px
>>
>>28098832
Fucking beautiful.
Give Hunter Anon a hat and we are set.

Also, we really need a fucking drawfag.
>>
File: 1441935036811-4.jpg (292KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1441935036811-4.jpg
292KB, 1024x1365px
>>
>>28097902
>>
>>28101635
>>
>>28102970
>>
>>28103716
>>
File: 1441936263942-3.png (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441936263942-3.png
105KB, 800x600px
>>
File: 1442037515466-2.png (2MB, 1467x2047px) Image search: [Google]
1442037515466-2.png
2MB, 1467x2047px
>>
Bamp
>>
>>28104729
>>
File: 1458447206906.jpg (49KB, 347x487px) Image search: [Google]
1458447206906.jpg
49KB, 347x487px
we are so fucking dead
>>
File: 1467188570794.jpg (32KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1467188570794.jpg
32KB, 604x604px
>>28108421
>>
>>28105240
>>
File: 1444362759645-1.png (1MB, 1264x1390px) Image search: [Google]
1444362759645-1.png
1MB, 1264x1390px
>>28106604
>>
>>28108421
>>28108953
I lol'd
>>
File: sacrificeforhermano.png (742KB, 1280x938px) Image search: [Google]
sacrificeforhermano.png
742KB, 1280x938px
You know the drill guys.
>>
File: 98522154.png (51KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
98522154.png
51KB, 250x241px
>>28110361
>>
File: Summons.png (398KB, 1280x983px) Image search: [Google]
Summons.png
398KB, 1280x983px
>>
>>28112334
>>
>>28110361
>>28111296
>>28112941
I swear that you guys have some weird siren call magic.
Also, empanada argenta a qt.
I'm proof reading and will update in just a few minutes!
>>
>>28112941
I'd like to nibble her crust if you know what I mean
>>
>>28015070
CHAPTER VII - HER LOVE

>Adrift.
>Floating in liquid blackness, devoid of thought and sensation.
>Inside the silent abyss that is left after all existence becomes null, when body and mind lose whatever significance they hold for the mortal plane of understanding and are replaced by encompassing darkness; an entire universe of nothing and everything brought together by a total collapse of the self and which’s depths no school of science or magic can comprehend.
>A tenebrous dimension hidden from the plane of mortality and yet connected to it by the unseen strings of obscured powers.
>It is, as all eventually find out, harrowingly serene.
>Lesser creatures would be forever trapped in this gap of immaterial unreality, unable to retain even the most basic part of themselves when having no means with which to differentiate from this realm beyond both perception and tangibility.
>But not everything in creation is fragile and easily persuaded by the dark to sever all links.
>Some entities in the vastness of the universe know how to find their way when lost in oceans that exists outside time and space.
>One such entity, born of potent magic the likes of which have remained shackled for countless moons, ventured willingly into such a place and, perhaps by the invisible guidance of fate, had done so after leaving behind a beacon with which to escape it.
>This shard, piece of crystalline self, shines, and the light is blinding.
>From within it chime strange resonances, echoes of incomprehensible words that feed the invisible fires of consciousness, calling back memory and the emotions carried within them.
>A name and a face, no more important than any other, yet to the one who had evoked it, to the abandoned child that must find its way home, it is an anchor to life.
>It brings to it remembrance and recalls the final command that had been issued, that one last request, before the death of its world died, before the void.
>>
>>28115270
>By virtue of unquestionable love it had to be fulfilled.
>She is master, mother, and will.
>Her voice beckons.
>Geist flies to it, eagerly.

>His posture is rigid and authoritarian; his jaw tenses whenever his gaze falls on you.
>Shining’s restraint from running straight to his sister is visible in the lines of his face but he can’t indulge himself as the guards eye him with suspicion.
>He has no wish to provoke them.
>Twilight, on the other hand, is free to cut the small distance between them and hugs his brother tightly.
>They share a loving reunion, nuzzling each other and finding their attires suddenly bothersome in such close proximity.
>You don’t move from your spot both because you have no desire to intrude upon their moment and because Shining Armor’s eyes were all but inviting approach.
>The minotaurs turn to you with displeasure at the arrival of soldiers to their doorstep and you gesture disarmingly at them, showing that you had nothing to do with it.
>They accept it but remain cautioned.
>Twilight is the first to speak as she cuts off the embrace.
>”I thought you would be at the Crystal Empire. What are you doing here? And why is there a whole platoon of guards with you?”
>Shining holds a smile to her but keeps you in sight.
>You wonder if your weapons and armor are the cause of it.
>”Somepony told me you had crossed into the West. This place isn’t anything like Equestria and is not exactly safe for a princess to travel through alone.”
>Twilight coos at her brother’s concern and takes a hoof to her chest.
>”That’s too sweet of you Shiny but I’m not alone, and I can’t just leave right now. I would have sent a letter if I’d knew you’d come all the way here.”
>He circles around her, standing between her and the town, and consequently you.
>”Don’t you worry about me sis. Why don’t you let me escort you back home? We can share some family time together and we both know Cadence would love to see you.”
>>
>>28115277
>She nuzzles him again, briefly tempted by the lovely offer, yet knowing that there is no way she can turn away from her duty and the calling of the map.
>”I’m sorry big brother but I am here on an important mission.”
>His face darkens at her reluctance.
>”I know about that and I must insist.”
>Twilight takes a few steps back.
>”How did you know where to find me?”
>A minotaur joins you, standing to your right with his axe held firmly in front of him.
>You recognize him as the elephant’s doorman and personal guard, the one that had stood before you when you arrived.
>His voice is sardonic and dry.
>”Friends of yours?”
”Not exactly. Worried?”
>He snorts and vigorously plants the head of the axe into the ground.
>”We got word that they were coming. See that caravan? They are well known here in the town.”
>You don’t look at them, only at the two brothers.
“We met them on the road. Friendly bunch.”
>”Guards here to join you on your quest?”
“Can’t say yet. It wasn’t me who called for reinforcements.”
>”The gryphon is many wings strong. You could use the help.”
>You don’t reply, focusing back on Twilight and her brother.
>Shining explains how Luna relayed to him the knowledge of Twilight’s call by the map and how you had been summoned by it as well, partaking on the journey together.
>She had been indulgent at first, allowing you to roam about without supervision, but had grown worried the moment in which she could no longer access to Twilight’s dreams.
>The magic behind it was one she recognized almost instantly, though she had not specified who or what was behind it there was a somberness in her that was only ever present when speaking of days of the distant past, and had thus sought Shining out, knowing that she could trust him with finding the lost princess and relay a message concerning new developments on the crisis.
>>
>>28115282
>It had been part of Luna’s scheme, if her well placed worry and distrust for a dimensional interloper could be labeled as such, that Shining Armor would not stand for your continuous traveling with Twilight and would judge you accordingly upon meeting.
>She trusted him with such things, if only because she knew beforehand that Celestia would complain about intervening with destiny.
>In this she had been right and her sister had indeed chastised her when they discussed the matter of Luna’s dream predicament and misgivings towards you.
>Shining however, can only focus on pressuring her sister on forsaking her quest with what little knowledge he has, much to Twilight’s discontent.
>”I’m not going back when the fate of the world is at stake.”
>”Princess Luna has told me that the gryphons are sending their own hunters. They will handle it. This does not concern us ponies anymore.”
>”It’s too late for that. Silver is already well ahead of everyone else and the gryphons don’t even know what it is that he is searching for. Anon and I have seen it -or at least some of it- so we know just how dangerous it would be for him to have access to that kind of power. We are not giving up on this.”
>She looks at you for support but Shining cuts her off, lowering his voice enough for only his sister to hear.
>Twilight scrunches in disapproval.
>”Listen, I understand that you have been traveling with that thing-“
>”They are called humans, and he is a friend.”
>”Okay, that human, but you have to believe me when I tell you that he isn’t to be trusted.”
>”Is this because of what happened in the forest? Shining it was my fault. I panicked and I got us into that mess. If it hadn’t been for him then we would have all fared worse.”
>>
>>28115285
>”It’s not that, or at least not only that. Princess Luna knows details about him. She did not share them with me and I needn’t ask since she was very adamant in her conviction when she told me that he is dangerous and shouldn’t be trusted.
>”That human is hiding something that has made her wary of him and that is good enough for me to put my hoof down and stop you from running around with him. Besides, it was one thing to have him lying naked in bed but now he walks around carrying a sword and armor? If he could kill a Grotesque on his own then I don’t dare imagine what he could do with all that.”
>His distress is painfully clear to Twilight and she does her best to comfort his anxieties by holding his hoof and smiling, but Shining is not about to give up.
>He stares meaningfully and deeply into her eyes, letting her know how serious he is and how this isn’t simply the consequence of questionable fears brought about by the mare’s near-death experience.
>The duties of the guard had at times seemed trivial and almost wholly for show, a gesture to bring a sense of security to the kingdom and nothing more, yet it was of little public knowledge that the guard, and in some cases Shining Armor himself, had been tasked with clearing areas of monsters and other dangerous wildlife, usually in order to make way for an extension of the railway or a urbanization project.
>He had gone through much in his life.
>There weren’t many ponies who could claim to have experienced the fear of battling gargoyles in the dark, of fending off against the sinister advances of the now fallen King Sombra, and to have survived the parasitic influence of the changeling queen Chrysalis.
>>
>>28115290
>He had even valiantly stood up to Tirek and Discord when they had allied themselves to consume all pony magic and rule over the land, even if his had been an easily squashed act of resistance it was an exemplar one nonetheless when so many others would have simply fallen before the two tyrants.
>Shining armor had taken part in things that the average pony only heard in curious conversations of the incredible achievements of the elements of harmony and knew how to compose himself, despite his weakness to weddings and family matters he was an otherwise poised unicorn of the guard.
>And right now, he holds fast to that facet of his being when talking to his dear sister.
>”Consider the possibility that what you think you know about him is a lie and that whatever he has told you so far was only a way to gain your trust. None of us know his intentions and Luna was very clear about her suspicion.”
>”No, he is a friend. He would never do that to me.”
>Shining presses on.
>”Luna wouldn’t have sent me here if that were the case. Just back away from this one and let the gryphons handle their business. Celestia knows their hunters will not take kindly to anyone standing in the way of their catch.”
>Twilight break away from him, latching onto what she knows of you and the moments you have gone through together.
>She can’t dismiss the fact that you risked your life to rescue her, that you had saved her life, that you had been beaten bloody before her.
>Nor can she ignore the feelings towards you that had been growing steadily and had been more than clear to the two of you last night as she slept in your arms and covered you beneath her wing.
>Yet the seed of betrayal and confusion is quick to feed on even the slightest whispers of doubt, and goodness knows that there is still too much she doesn’t know about you or your world.
>>
>>28115295
>And if something had been blocking Luna’s sight into her dreams, could it be that you had been the one responsible?
>Shining didn’t seem to know the details, but it still gnaws at her to consider such a possibility.
>Her eyes find you, this time dulled by uncertainty, and study you from afar, finding no closure when your eyes meet.
>She had done her best to bring you back and hadn’t once considered that you could be a more insidious individual, yet everything she had gone through so far contradicted Luna’s opinion of you.
>The air about you suddenly reminds her of how much she feared you during the early days, how scared she was to get close, both because of the unpredictable nature of your revolver and the frightening power that you had displayed in the Everfree Forest.
>So far you had killed a Grotesque, a Hydra, a pack of Timberwolves and even a gryphon.
>She always trusted you, almost blindly so, which she now considers almost in an afterthought that it could be due to the magical connection she has with you.
>There is more to you than what you appear to be, but Luna wouldn’t go to such lengths as to send a party of guard to bring her back unless she had a strong reason for it.
>And still, upon introspection, she finds that she cares deeply about you.
>Should those feeling overcome reason?
“Something’s wrong.”
>That is all you say to the minotaur before heading to the gate.
>The town guards look at you with a mixture of gratefulness and admiration, straightening their backs as you pass.
>You valiant intervention during the Timberwolf chase is fresh on their minds.
>Shining Armor stands between you and Twilight, planting his hooves firmly as he does so.
“What’s going on?”
>Twilight stammers unlike her usual self and an unknown inner struggle is evident to you under scrutiny.
>”This is my brother, Shining Armor. I’ve told you about him, I’m sure.”
>>
>>28115300
>You put on a charming smile, kneel before him, and extend your hand to greet one of the famous ponies from the show.
“Anon, hunter of Earth. It is a pleasure to meet you, Twilight told me a lot of great stories about you.”
>”Shining Armor, prince of the Crystal Empire. I’m afraid I am at a disadvantage here, I don’t really know a thing about you besides your powers.”
>His words slip the faintest scent of acridness and your thoughts that he does not quite like you become even more justified.
>Nonetheless, the show always portrayed him as an affectionate brother and a good pony to boot so you remain open and friendly, despite a shaky introduction.
”I’m sure you’ll get to know me eventually. Here to lend a hand with our gryphon problem?”
>”Not exactly. I’m taking my sister back home.”
>Your shock is uninhibited as you turn to Twilight and then back to Shining.
“Why?”
>”The gryphons are taking over the hunt. Equestria is not involved anymore. It is for the best.”
”You agree with this?”
>Twilight bites her lip but otherwise says nothing.
“After what happened in the Spire you know we can’t let him win. We have to stop him.”
>Shining intervenes.
>”This isn’t something for you to fight. The order came from Princess Luna and isn’t up for discussion.”
”Silver has a lead of almost an entire week, there isn’t any time for someone else to pursue him. All that this will accomplish is giving him more breathing room. You have twenty ponies that could help us tighten the difference if you joined us.”
>”I’m not here for that.”
“Right. Well I won’t let him get to the Vaults without a fight.”
>”Then you’ll go on your own.”
>Your assessment that he isn’t fond of you is apparently correct.
>Twilight hasn’t offered her input into the conversation and so you reach out to her, eager for her opinion.
>>
>>28115304
>She was, and for that matter still is, shaken by this whole ordeal and you are positive that she would be terrified upon meeting Silver again, but you two have a duty to go after him, if not because of the map and Geist’s guidance, then for Equestria’s sake and revenge for what he did to the two of you.
>Of course, you know that she would never adhere to vengeance, though perhaps she can be convinced to push on for other reasons.
>Putting one’s wellbeing in danger for the sake of completing the mission; a predicament that was going through her head long before you had asked for her judgment.
>It is a grim one to resolve and yet you are unsure that it is the only thing that has her so preoccupied.
>When she finally speaks, it is with an analytical demeanor.
>”There is no way that any gryphon will get here and find him in time. By Geist’s words it is two weeks by hoof and four days by wing to reach the Golden Frontier. We know that Silver is making a stop somewhere else and that we are not meant to follow him, but go to the city and the Vaults.
>”I can’t think of any compelling reason for this besides the thought that it is our only way of intercepting him, perhaps at the gates of the Vaults if we make it in time.
>”Before teleporting us out of the Spire, Geist did not guide us directly to them or to whatever place Silver is pursuing, instead it told us to wait here for precisely three days and that some familiar ponies would arrive. So far it hasn’t been wrong in its predictions and I believe that despite its claims of it being otherwise, it is in our side.”
>”Who is this Geist?”
>”A bodiless entity that lives within a crystal, is apparently all seeing, slightly clairvoyant, and is the only clue with have about what Silver is looking for.”
>Shining blinks, looks for any signs that Twilight might be teasing, and upon finding only her ironclad determination he closes his eyes.
>>
>>28115310
>”What are you trying to say?”
>Twilight gives you a quick glance before focusing on her brother once more.
>”I am not going to turn around.”
>The reaction is instantaneous.
>”You can’t be serious! Think about your situation for a second!”
>”I have and everything points out that we are the only ones that can hope to stop him in time. If Geist knew you were coming then it is safe to say that it also knew about the gryphon hunters, yet he didn’t mention them at all. I am convinced that it is because they won’t make a difference.”
>”And that other issue?”
>Whatever he is referring to, you are contritely unaware, and so concentrate on evaluating Twilight response.
>She considers it carefully, her face darkened by the shadows brought about by the high noon sun as it falls over her mane, horn and hood.
>You spot movement behind the fierce shape of Shining Armor and are met with the energetic waving of Cinnamon Heart and her mother over by their wagon.
>The arrival of the guards had dominated your attention and you failed to recognize that leading the friendly caravan that had come along with them were the two perky mares.
>Smiling brightly you wave back.
>”I don’t care.”
>That is all she has to say of the matter and so Shining considers the only avenue available to him now that his sister refuses to part ways with you.
>”Fine.”
>With a light of his horn, Shining unsheathes the crystal sword that he had been carrying with him, letting it gleam proudly in the sunlight before pointing it towards you.
>Twilight jumps back at the sudden development and stands between the two of you, shielding you from harm.
>The ponies at the caravan gasp in fright, unable to comprehend what is going on as they hide behind their wooden wagon.
>The guard that had been accompanying Shining all go for their weapons, as do the guards both at the gate and those that had gathered wearyingly behind the safety of the walls.
>>
File: Shining's sword.jpg (407KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Shining's sword.jpg
407KB, 1600x1200px
>>28115315
>You instinctively jump backwards and grab onto the butt of you revolver but do not take it out of its holster.
>There has to be an explanation for this act of aggression and you know, regardless of your hands’ impulse, that you would never harm Twilight’s brother.
>”Stand down! This is between the hunter and myself!”
>He barks out the order and his followers do not question it.
>The minotaurs do not lower their weapons.
>“Shining, what are you doing?!”
>Visibly shaken, Twilight tries to wrap her head around such unnecessarily violent behavior and whatever conclusion she seems to reach worries her even further.
>Shining Armor speaks directly to you.
>”You plan on continuing your quest with my sister by your side?”
>The answers is a slow, deliberate nod.
>”I do not trust you, hunter. You put her in mortal danger and now presume to do so again by chasing after a dangerous criminal across uncharted lands.
>”You are a stranger in this world, a dangerous and untrustworthy one at that, and I can’t see how any pony would willingly put Twilight’s life in your hooves.
>”So if you plan on going through with this, if you don’t choose right here and now to go back to Equestria and leave this matter to my sister and I, then I have no other choice but to test your mettle.”
>Twilight mouths the same question as before, only this time is strangled and fretful.
>”What are you doing?”
>”I am challenging him to a duel.”
>>
File: 1470220924846.jpg (818KB, 1800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1470220924846.jpg
818KB, 1800x3000px
>>28115317
Update done!

I wanted to add something to give a sort of "mental image" of Shining's sword. Don't really know why since it isn't at all remarkable in comparison to Blaze's or Silver's or maybe even our hunter's.

>>28108421
>>28108953
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.
I'm undead bitch, I'll always post green for you. I love you.

>>28094378
>swimming in pussy
"Y-Yes. Y-You too."
Let me tell you the story of my life.
"Hey girlfriend-who-refuses-to-have-sex-until-marriage, I just wrote a short spooky story, do you want to read it?"
>"No. I never understand the words that you use and frankly, I'm not interested. Either right in Spanish or don't write at all. Actually, you shouldn't even be writing. You should be work towards getting an engineering degree. Besides, writing is for hippies and old men."

Have a stalwart Shining pic!
>>
>>28115355
As usual, it is a great pleasure to se you, my favourite undead writefag. Sorry for your no-sex-until-marriage girlfriend and good luck with her.

About that green :
Great job again, Now I understand what you meant by "sword fights" after your last update. Just wow !

Waiting for your next green...
>>
>>28115889
Glad to see you are enjoying it!
This isn't the only sword fight we will see in this chapter. In fact, if I am not mistaken there might be about 5 in total.
It should turn out to be the most action packed chapter, whereas Guardians will be all out funtimes for everyone.
That is, of course, if I don't end up changing something along the way.
Also, there will be teeny-tiny side quest in this one. Something to do with the merchant bison at the inn and the timberwolf attack.
>>
>>28115317
And then he just goes full Indiana Jones and shoots the sword out of Shining's grasp, not having time for any of that nonsense.
>>
>>28116183
That would be dangerous for everyone in the vicinity.
Might even cut Shining in half and blow up a good number of pones.
>>
>>28116209
Acceptable losses, yes? Sometimes you just have to think less like a human and more like... a squirrel that has anger issues.
>>
File: 1467984989211.gif (3MB, 374x324px) Image search: [Google]
1467984989211.gif
3MB, 374x324px
>>28115355
Glad you are back, with a great update too; And a sweet shining pic I cant remember a time when one of your updates failed to impress.
>>
>>28115355
You're such a tease. A good tease though.
>>
>>28116225
You make a fine point.
And thus we shall take on a new course! Forget reason! Anon is mad at being challenged!
Let's kill some pones!

>>28116370
That is very sweet of you bae! I always try to have SOMETHING happen in each update so as to keep every piece fresh and interesting. I would hate to post something that is solely filler and leaves you guys feeling like nothing of import was added to the story.
Hopefully I will keep that up for the remaining of this green, though I must admit that every time I write a scene I consider to be important I get the impression that is sub-par to both my expectations and yours, even if the end product is enjoyable for you guys.
And I am rambling like an idiot again....

>>28116542
Like a spic striptease?
>>
>>28116551
Perfect.

In all seriousness though, good update. I just have to let my idiocy flow sometimes, y'know?
>>
>>28116728
No need to explain yourself, my boy, for I have been an idiot since birth, and such things are know to me, imbued in my blood.
I will stop now.
>>
File: 1462649984676.png (166KB, 450x267px) Image search: [Google]
1462649984676.png
166KB, 450x267px
>>28115355
awww shit son, a duel!
>>
>>28115317
Oh shit. This is too damn good. I swear your story is a drug to me. It has stopped being something I like to something that I can't imagine myself without. If you were on fimfiction I would have put you on my top stories bookshelf. The last time I enjoyed a story this much the author went AWOL leaving me with a hole.

It's blasphemy that this is only being read by us and not more people. I'm on the verge of turning it into prose to post in FF.
>>
>>28118121
You are too good to me Anon.
Blessed you who spoil my >white heart
Don't worry about it getting posted in FF, I will do an extensive edit -going over things like proper protagonist characterization, more vivid descriptions, prose, and minute details- once the green is done, but I want to keep it confined to this thread until that moment. I owe you guys the right to read this before anyone else since you always bump the thread and are so patient with me, and it simply wouldn't be fair to devote any amount of time to that (although I admit that I tend to indulge in other one-shots and fiction).
Regardless of how much you may like this story, and my appreciation for that can't be fully conveyed , I am not interested in sharing until I have fulfilled my promise of finishing and giving you and every anon in this thread the best green that I can.
Only once my stay in this lovely thread is over, may I focus on an adaptation, but for now I am yours alone.
I may or may not have to find a drawfag to do a cover, which will be problem in and of itself, though I'll deal with that when the time comes. Why do drawfags hate me so much? What did I do to them? I swear I never shitpost in their threads!

I'll go to sleep now, otherwise I might start rambling like a mad man.
Good night Hunter Anon thread. I love every single one of you.
Yes, you too anon-who-wants-to-nibble-Argenta's-crust.
No, I do not condone such things, but you are free to pursue your desires.
>>
>>28117485
>>
>>28119158
>>
File: 536880.gif (2MB, 300x175px) Image search: [Google]
536880.gif
2MB, 300x175px
>>28115317
Its time to D-D-DUEL!!

But no, really, its now that they have the training montage right?
[shitposts furiously internally]
>>
B is for Bump
>>
>>28119967
haha
>>
>>27905486
Bump
>>
File: 1449672764718.png (4MB, 1500x1259px) Image search: [Google]
1449672764718.png
4MB, 1500x1259px
>>28122604
>>
File: His sword 2.jpg (306KB, 1396x894px) Image search: [Google]
His sword 2.jpg
306KB, 1396x894px
>>28119967
There will be a sort of training montage, though you understand that a single fight will not substantially strengthen our hunter's abilities.
The real question should be whether I can actually write adequate combat scenes.
I'll certainly try!
>>
>>28123310
I'm sure your mad writing skillz will not disappoint.
>>
File: 1449912744414-4.png (468KB, 1591x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1449912744414-4.png
468KB, 1591x1131px
>>
File: 1464294337347.gif (2MB, 438x260px) Image search: [Google]
1464294337347.gif
2MB, 438x260px
>>28115317
>>
rescue bump!
>>
File: 1450115407333.png (125KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
1450115407333.png
125KB, 576x576px
>>28124511
>>
>>
File: 1450397686479-0.png (1MB, 2000x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1450397686479-0.png
1MB, 2000x1024px
Bump
>>
>>28127276
>>
>>28129052
>>
>>28129969
>>
bamparoo
>>
File: 1450639479954-3.jpg (264KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1450639479954-3.jpg
264KB, 1000x900px
>>28132412
>>
Arriba!
>>
File: 1451643735690.png (567KB, 855x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1451643735690.png
567KB, 855x1013px
>>
>>28132412
>>
File: 1453948581680.png (597KB, 1146x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1453948581680.png
597KB, 1146x2250px
>>
>>28136800
Pretty pony.
>>
>>28126432
>>
>>28139190
>>
File: 1454023617076.jpg (1MB, 2500x1566px) Image search: [Google]
1454023617076.jpg
1MB, 2500x1566px
>>
File: =.png (235KB, 1280x803px) Image search: [Google]
=.png
235KB, 1280x803px
8 is for 'Everypony are equals'
>>
>>28142299
IS equal
>>
>>28142299
The grammar triggers me but the digits don't lie...
>>
File: 1455201233672.png (1MB, 2156x1712px) Image search: [Google]
1455201233672.png
1MB, 2156x1712px
>>28141305
>>
File: 1455287957355.jpg (19KB, 564x352px) Image search: [Google]
1455287957355.jpg
19KB, 564x352px
>>
>>28146208
>>
>>
>>28150656
>>
File: 1456327253339.png (805KB, 895x714px) Image search: [Google]
1456327253339.png
805KB, 895x714px
Bump
>>
>>28154471
>>
File: 1457003858844.jpg (410KB, 1401x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1457003858844.jpg
410KB, 1401x2048px
>>28156774
>>
File: 1457177651755.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1457177651755.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
night bump
>>
>>28156042
>>
p.10 bump
>>
>>28160418
>>
>>27905486
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 127

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.