[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crystal Symphony [CYOA]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 405
Thread images: 11

File: CS Title Screen.png (2MB, 1024x601px) Image search: [Google]
CS Title Screen.png
2MB, 1024x601px
A sequel for Crystal Warlock; Quest set in Sombraverse.

Anonpone link: https://www.anonpone.com/virginharder/
Crystal Warlock summary: http://pastebin.com/raw/GBPa5pgR
Character [Body Composition][Inventory][Known Spells]: http://pastebin.com/raw/XmPJdKNz

Last Thread:
>You are Aurora Flare, a pony turned into a Crystal Golem.
>You friend, Golden Shield, is fighting Verity, an “Initiate of Harmony”.
>By winning the fight Golden Shield attempts to free his captured soldiers.
>Meanwhile you are negotiating the same sort of deal with Soarin.
>And now…
>>
“I know nothing about the bat ponies, Soarin,” you tell him straight, your voice empty of emotions, “But they do not appear to be friendly towards the Crystal Empire either. When we entered their territory they attacked us without a provocation. When we beat them up senseless, they probably realized that they were breaching their neutrality the other way around; they wished to make amends for that else, pay the repercussions.”

“By freeing the most wanted criminal of all of Equestria?” he knocks his head at you questionably.

“Originally we intended to deal with everything peacefully and diplomatically.”

“Still, she did that. I will take everything you said into account when we approach the ‘Hollow Shades’”

Soarin protects your lonely, vulnerable head once more; the metal shard is smashed against the ground with his hoof. The stallion shakes his head with a grunt and rises swiftly above you. Both of you, at the same exact time, throw another on look of the battle at hoof. Despite Shield’s monstrous agility, he’s still getting pushed back.

He’s lacking a javelin or a spear, his signature weapon; or any. Verity’s deadly weapon is the earth around her.

Soarin, after a brief pause, looks at you, “Still, you must agree that the bat ponies can no longer remain neutral. They will have to choose a side as they can’t keep to themselves on Celestia’s and… Sombra’s word alone.”

“Why are you still dividing us between enemies and friends, Soarin? We will never end the war this way.”

“Of course, I am tired of the canned apples too,” he speaks, more to himself than towards you. You are confused.

“Then it’s a deal?” you ask him.

The stallion simply nods in response and leaves you be. You can see him approaching several of the “Cloudsdale” soldiers with a proposition and they, willingly, answer him with a positive nod.
>>
Once he’s able to gather the entirety of the observing army present, he raises himself high above the arena and awkwardly clears his throat. Then, he nods towards his fellow soldiers and lowers his hoof at the space between Verity and Golden Shield. In a second’s notice, the soldiers crash upon the ground between the two and grab them into a powerful, entrapping grip.

“What’s the big idea?!” Verity roars as soon as she feels another hoof on her body. Her powerful, arcane magic pushes the other soldiers away but they, the loyal pegasi brats that they are, charge back in to take her in their grip.

“I am sorry, ‘Initiate of Honesty’,” he twists his head with a narrow gaze, “And… Golden Shield, but as the current de facto commander of Cloudsdale Forces I’m stopping your current bargain and nullifying either the results.”

“Are you out of your mind?” Verity whistles through her teeth towards him, “We need to get the ‘Element’ back! Might as well pummel the bones out of the ‘Legate’, no?! Did you forget what Spitfire said before-“

“She said to listen to you during her presence. But since she’s captured I take the role of the success as a fellow ‘Wonderbolt’ and the only one present with enough sanity and reason. Verity, stand your ground immediately.”

“Then you might explain what is currently going on here, ‘Commander Soarin’?” a voice you have not heard before refers towards him. A figure of an earth, grayish mare stands before the lot of you on top of the shattered ruins of one of the “Crystal Golems”. As you spot several of the pegasi exchanging nervous glances, you realize that she might, in fact, be one of the previously mentioned “Pie Sisters”. If that is the case, then the other one, or two, have not arrived yet. Even then, this is, yet again, another problem. You wish you could sigh.
>>

After a brief encounter, and an argument, Soarin, Verity and the newly arrived “Maud Pie” have secluded themselves in one of the officering tents upon one of the clouds in order to discuss and decide your future fate. You can only hope that Soarin is going to, even briefly, mention the negotiation and results of such the two of you moot previously. While she does not appear to hold a rank, this “Pie Sister” is well respected and feared, from what you gathered.

You are left alone with Golden Shield and the two prisoners, them being Mudbrick and Meridian (their head bags and metal chains still adoring their body) inside the ruins of the makeshift arena. Soarin promised you that he’ll convince both the “Pie Sister” and Verity, as long as you do not attempt to run away or act with hostility. You accepted such a condition swiftly; you are in no health to even be a trouble to them. Despite that, you have an uncertain, dread shrivel as you can practically feel the overseeing eye of the pegasi soldiers above you.

You have warned them about the seeping poison that is Dragon Blood and what it can do to them; they have distanced themselves from you but only so much. It seems that their duty is above their own well-being.

Mudbrick is sitting quietly; his head is centered towards Golden Shield but he does not mutter a word or a struggle. Lunar Meridian, on other hoof, is pissed. She’s attempting to break out of her chains and leave as soon as possible.

“I told you to trust me,” you mentally pout at Golden Shield. Somepony had to break the heavy silence somehow.

“And I told you I’ll jump in to protect if something happens,” he says without a second of hesitation.

“You… dork,” you can only muster in response. You feel weak and most of all, tired. You deserve repose.

>What now?
>>
>>27893904
Apologize we made him do that. We thought that maybe should would respond reasonably...

Remember to keep our distance from our friends too. Our innards are obviously exposed.
>>
>>27893945
Our innards are not exposed, we are just naturally leak poison.
>>
File: 1467482350818.png (29KB, 423x459px) Image search: [Google]
1467482350818.png
29KB, 423x459px
>>27893996
Are you sure?
>>
>>27894040
Well I'm surprise that one of our leg still didn't fall off yet, but I do get what you're try to show me and inform you that it's a very slow and that if they stay around us for a month then the effect will happen.
>>
>>27894106
Still, exposure is exposure and I would rather be safe than sorry.
>>
>>27893904
We should tell the bat pony about what's going to happen and the story we gave Soarin. If she works with it, she might be able to minimize the damage. Also it's perfectly alright if she plays the victim, her life is on the line after all.
>>
“That was not in my intentions,” you empty voice follows as you raise your head, with a grind, towards Golden Shield. The stallion looks at you with a serious but calm, even slightly relaxed, expression. “I am sorry you were forced to do that, we had to go through so much trouble to get you out and now…”

“It was a fair deal,” he says, simply, “Her condition was perfect for me to interfere; that gamble of hers.”

“And if you didn’t win?” you mentally bite your imaginary lip, “What would have had happened then?”

“Then I’d be a prisoner again,” he answers nonchalantly, “And they would be with the “Element”.”

You wish you could frown as the sight of the bloodied stallion, “Don’t be so easy-going about it, Golden Shield.”

“I’m not,” he says with a serious expression, “I’m being a realist; there was a big chance of my victory.”

The black fog twists inside your crystallized eye sockets, akin to a roll of your eyes. You crawl a few feet away from both ‘Shield and other, less fortunate, friends of yours. You concentrate your gaze upon Lunar Meridian, whom obviously can hear you, but can no respond. You shake your head and then, with the most caring of voices, you say as clear as possible, “Meridian, don’t struggles or you’ll only make everything worse. Now, listen carefully…”
>>

You tell her everything she should know, and more; precisely every word you’ve spoken to Soarin as well as the responses you got back from him. She calms down, barely. You can’t see her face but you can probably guess the emotions hiding behind that bag-mask of hers: anger, frustration, loss and annoyance. Probably. More than likely.

Once the two of you finish your one-sided dialogue, just in the nick of time, the “De Facto Commander” lowers himself right in the center of your small gathering. He gives you a polite, albeit fearful, nod and then raises his chin to the best of his abilities. He’s not a born officer, far from it, but he tries his best in the situation he found himself into.

“They have agreed to grace your conditions,” he quickly answers your unspoken question, “As long as you return the ‘Element of Harmony’ prior. We have received news from the scouts about the current location of Spitfire. She’s alive, but she’s entrapped and protected by the two of those… bird creatures you mentioned.” The stallion pauses, “Sadly, Verity has destroyed any other Crystal Golem aside from you… So, the things as it stands are-“

“To the point, “Golden Shield’s voice hardens.

Soarin narrows his eyes at him, “If every single captured soldier and you,” he points towards you, “Are able to bring Spitfire back safe and sound, you will all be pardoned for your crimes against United Equestria.”

>What now?
>>
File: 205415873.jpg (475KB, 1280x1792px) Image search: [Google]
205415873.jpg
475KB, 1280x1792px
>>27894515
Tempting... but a pardon won't help us much if we die. Is there any pony on their side who can help out repairing us, with the other golem chunks or otherwise? It would be very good to know if we even can try a repair before we have to head out.

And if we DO decide to return the element, we should inform Soarin about its effects on the bird.
>>
>>27894515
Did you take into account that the only ones not disabled by the birds were golems, of which there is only one damaged one left? Also, we might need that element against the birds.
>>
>>27894515
Me? Why me? Just.. just look at me! I am barely fit to walk, much less mount any rescue mission. Please understand, I need to rest and be fixed by those capable in the Empire. I can promise the return of the Element but I cannot do as you ask. Not like this, not right now.
>>
>>27894575
We should ask if they have Ginger. He can repair us.
>>
>>27894701
Either they have him, or he's dead.
>>
“Just look at me!” you face your head in his direction. Despite the obvious lag, your body is burning with frustration, “I’m damaged; I’m a walking war memorial! I know I said that the only ones undamaged by the birds were the golems but, it’s not my fault your stupid ‘Element of Harmony’ decided to crush them all into a pile of ash!”

The Pegasus twitches in response; you catch your imaginary breath. Despite your lack of size or polish, you are still a massive, and deadly, crystal statue. He might be hovering above your head but, you are still the bigger pony here. The stallion lowers himself closer and rubs his template, “I know. I can see this myself. But if you are the only one…”

“Please, understand that I need to rest and be fixed by those capable in the Empire. I can promise the return of the Element but I cannot do as you ask. Not like this, not right now. I need Ginger Spice: an old stallion with olive skin.”

Soarin takes a while to respond, as if ashamed of his answer or as if taking his time thinking, he then says “We didn’t catch or capture a stallion with your description. In fact, I know who this ‘Ginger Spice’ is: rumors and encounters…”

“He is… not captured?” your voice echoes.

Golden Shield looks at you in worry, “If he’s not here then he’s either on his way to the Crystal Empire or is taking a break inside the ‘Ebon Point’. He’s old and blind; unless there’s somepony with him he will not travel far.”

“…That might be the case,” you swiftly grind your head at Soarin, “We have to go there. Until I am repaired I am not only worthless, I’m absolutely deadly to the ponies around me. Well, I am that anyway but now, more than ever!”

Commander Soarin sighs and finally nods his head, “I believe you, Celestia’s lament that you are not lying to me.”
>>
“There’s one more thing about the ‘Element’,” you mutter, “The birds react with hostility towards it. In fact, one of the birds left Golden Shield alone after I shoved the ‘Element of Loyalty’ down its throat.”

“You did what to whose throat?” he blinks, astonished. With a shake of his head, he clears his own throat and finally manages to put on a smile, “At last, that is, in fact, good news. Verity and Gliding Wind, as well as some of ‘Wonderbolts’, will be joining your army so, don’t worry. If the ‘Elements of Harmony’ have some sort of effect on the demonic birds, which I’ll be sure to tell them, then they are going to use them to the best of their abilities.”

>What now, then?
>>
>>27894869
That actually makes me feel a bit better about this, having them as backup. Either way, since Ginger isn't here, let's see if we can find another who might know something, even if it's just gluing the other golem's shards into our missing bits to re-enforce what we have left if nothing better.
>>
>>27894869
Not sure how useful they'll be once we actually reach the birds, but it's good to know they're at least giving us a chance at surviving. The bat is getting in on that pardon as well.
>>
>>27894869
So does Soarin agree that we cannot and will not go? I say that we go to Ebon Point if that's the case. That or go and get the Element so we can be on our way.
>>
>>27894915
We aren't a pile of rubble, the crystals have to be magically fused to us and Ginger was the only one in the area to show the necessary skill to actually do anything.
>>
>>27894944
I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt to try
>>
>>27894957
Verity is the most likely candidate.
>>
“…Do I agree that I can’t and will not go, then?” you ask him with an uncertain lingering.

“I will very much appreciate,” he puts an obvious emphasis on the word “appreciate”, “If you join the mission.”

“I see,” you stand up with a delay and a stumble, “I’m unsure if your ‘Harmony Initiates’ are going to put much on the fight, the element is useless if they can’t get close, I think. Even still, without Ginger Spice I will need another pony that’ll be able to mend me.” Verity is the only choice that comes to your mind, but you won’t lower to ask her.

“I do not think we possess any ponies of that sorts… you can gather the golems remains if you want.”

Golden Shield gives you, and Soarin, a piece of his mind as well, “I say they allow us to return to Ebon Point and, if Ginger Spice it there, mend and fix you; if that’s how it works?” He puts on a smile, “While you are busy being repaired I’ll attempt to catch up with our little convoy and return with the ‘Element of Harmony’. “

“And how long will it take?” Soarin asks the important question.

“Half a day, maybe less,” Golden Shield answers truthfully after he spits a bit of his blood.

>What do you say?
>>
>>27895274
Get Soarin to twist the wording of the deal to allow the bat pony to take advantage of that pardon. Something like anybody that helps gets a pardon.
>>
>>27895379
Part of the deal was her being not included.
>>
>>27895274
So does Soarin accept?

>>27895379
I dunno, I'd rather not. Equestians seem determined to nail down the batpons.
>>
>>27895467
>>27895489
The deal was they keep her, not that she can't get a pardon. I'm just talking about opening the door for her.
>>
Also, night-night for today because it's 3 am.
>>
>>27896407
>>
>>27893880
Going to catch up in a few hours bump.
>>
H-hi.
>>
I don't think I want Verity with us. She's fucking insane and I'm pretty sure she'll start some shit later on. Or leave us in need/lure dangers to us.

>>27899114
Fuck off and die.
>>
“Why can’t Meridian help thereto? And if she does, maybe you can give her the pardon too?” you suggest.

“The bat pony?” he questions you with a raised eyebrow, “It’s not about her alone.” The Pegasus pause as his eyes set upon the struggling, albeit still calm and pitiful, ‘Lunar Guard’; he shakes his head, “She will not get a pardon if she helps us as this is a manner of political importance. The bat ponies are supposed to be neutral, else…”

“You are reading from a script,” Golden Shield cuts him with a blunt bravery, “Is this what you think?”

Soarin staggers back on his words and steps. With a clear of his throat after, he regains his composure, “They broke the Princes’ trust, ‘Legate’. This is far greater than a simple betrayal. Still,” he grunts, “If she helps us bring Spitfire back then, there’s a big chance of us weighting the two events and coming to a definite, resulting conclusion.”

Golden Shield briefly smirks at him, “You are not as cowardly as it seems.”

Soarin crosses his eyes with him, “Refrain from insults. You have two days to return with the ‘Element of Harmony’, that is how much we are willing to wait. If you do not return by that time, we are still going to indulge in our mission to save Commander Spitfire but, this time, without a pardon and your army’s immediate seclusion on ‘Cloud Nine’.”

“It’ll be done in a day,” the shadow of Shield’s mane slides upon his burning gaze, “Don’t even touch them; not one.”

“And I…”

“As I said before, if you can’t then I can’t force you. The weight of this negation lies on his shoulders now.”

>You are free to venture into the Ebon Point anytime now, with Shield as your courier.
> Is there anything else you would like to do or say before that?
>>
>>27900568
Thank Soarin.
>>
>>27900568
Why did you shorten the rest time?
>>
“Thank you, Soarin,” you answer him with a bow of your head and utmost appreciation. The stallion looks at you with a bit of a baffle and surprise but, soon after; he answers you back with a polite bow of his own.

“I still hope that you, as the only ‘crystal golem’ will help us… I can’t say it’s going to be safe mission.”

“We’ll see,” you mutter under your hollow, crumbling voice as you finally stumble away from the whole gathering. The pegasi soldiers exchange worried glances but, under Soarin’s direct command, they let you pass. Golden Shield, observant of the whole situation, picks up some of the shards left by the destroyed golems in case that they might end up being useful. You thank him but you do not slow down. Despite the lag, you struggle away in a hurry, tired.

Your boiling point reaches with a slight, prolonged delay; only when you and Golden Shield are far enough from the ‘Execution Cloud’ to make it count. Thankfully, Soarin is the stallion of his word, or so it seems. As the sky is clear and bright, it’s obvious that not a single of the pegasi soldiers have decided to follow you, or were ordered against the idea. More or less, the charming “Officer” trusts you and, such a trust is very rare those days; you know personally.

“What’s the big idea, Shield?” your head grinds at him with an angry motion; he answers you with an oblivious shrug. “Why did you decide to lower the amount of days? You said you will reach the Empire, in a day?”

“We can’t waste time,” he answers with a serious expression, “Aurora, the longer they and we wait, the higher the chances their commander is going to be eaten; or worse. Do you think they’ll let us leave after they find nothing but a chewed skeleton in place of their commander? I do not wish to even risk such a though.”

You spot a tall hill nearby, and a massive, fulgurite structure. The ‘Ebon Point” is just over the hill.

>What now?
>>
>>27900925
Heave a crystalline sigh and tell him he's right. We should trust and listen to him more. He's Legate for a reason. We're just so happy to have him again. Admit to him that we're not sure if we could keep going if anything happened to him.
>>
>>27900925
You honestly think an attacked targeted and the commanding officers of two opposing forces was done by a couple of animals looking for a snack? Also everybody is in pretty bad shape after everything that has happened and you expect us to be in top shape so quickly? Considering the fact that those birds were able to disable everybody almost instantly, we might have to handle that situation all by ourself. It'd have been nice to have time to get a few more golems to help.
>>
>>27901004
Don't argue with him. We don't have the time to run all they way there and back. Just drop it and trust him.
>>
>>27901024
We don't now. We might've had time though. Also it's not that I don't trust him, it's that I want some information and to let him hear a bit of our perspective on the situation. The first question is geared to the thought that this is a part of something bigger than it appears. The rest is out of concern that we'd even be able to do it in our best condition.
>>
>>27901084
If I know Vince, he'll have us say it in the most confrontational way possible. You need to specify to him how you want Aurora to say it or he'll default to the edgiest way possible. So I say we ask Shield in a more curios manner, ask to ask of his thoughts and express our worries. Also to leave out the "Also everybody is in pretty bad shape after everything that has happened and you expect us to be in top shape so quickly?" part.
>>
“‘Shield,” you attempt to adore your voice with a concern, “Do you think that those birds were on their own, looking for a snack? I do not think so… Listen, they especially targeted you and Spitfire. It was tactical and well-prepared.”

“That is why I mentioned ‘or worse’ part, Aurora,” he nods his head with an understanding, “But that is even more reason for me to return as soon as possible. We do not know when, or if, the birds are going to return after me. I will rather prefer to fight those monstrous creatures on my own terms head-front. Not when decided to return.”

You release a mental sigh and, with a delay, you rub your forehead in a quick defeat, “You are right. I… Have to trust you more,” you say with an imaginary smile; you wish you could engrave a smile on top of your crystallized muzzle.

To your imaginary tingle he returns, although small, a smile of his own. He says, “No, it’s good to hear a comeback once in a while. I’d rather admit a mistake than follow with a potential failure. So, please, speak your mind.”

You stumble and fall on one of your knees; with a tremor and displease you struggle to stand up. Golden Shield offers you his hoof but you, somewhat, refuse his pleasures. You speak with a slow, heavy grind, “Those birds managed to disable every-single-pony, Shield. Their voice is magical; you will need me to handle most, if not all, of it.”
>>
“…You are planning to go?” he asks you with a bit of an uncertainty.

“That’s why I’m angry; no, sorry. I’m not angry, I’m just not sure if I can get repaired in time.”

Golden Shield glances through you in a pause. Then, the stallion opens his mouth, “Aurora, maybe you-”

The dialogue is cut by a rising, monumental statue. A crystal golem, one of the few sculptured and polished out of solid crystal rock by Petroglyph’s hooves, raises his head between you and Golden Shield. The “Legate” reacts with a quick sidestep and a preparing, swinging movement of his back leg; you follow suit with an annoying delay. The golem observes the two of you with a sharp outlook; after a heavy, breathless pause it slowly turns away from you.

You and Golden Shield exchange unnerving glances. The crystal golem soon vanishes amongst the desolated, empty tents of once booming and war-tending camp. While, at first, the only uncanny thing about “Ebon Point” appears to be the lack of ponies and golems around it, you notice something else. Several of the tents are covered in razor fens and thorns, as well as acid-looking moss and flower petals. Golden Shield shares your utter incomprehension.

>What now?
>>
>>27901474
Why do I have a feeling the oaken bear cub did this.
>>
>>27901474
Plantlife, and we left a certain bear cub here.
>>
>>27901474
Something tells me that our Oaken cub has something to do with Nature's attack on our camp. But hey, there's a functional golem here! We can get out of the deal and sent it instead! Start looking around for anyone or anything here.
>>
>>27901474
Oh thank god a functional golem to bring with us. Still, I'm assuming the bear cub is nearby, at least the enemy can't set up their own base here after?
>>
Sorry for the huge delay guys. Had some sudden things to take care of. The post will take a while to write down now.
>>
“You look as if you know what happened here,” Golden Shield comments with an invisible slyness.

“I do-“you stop in the middle of the sentence as you realize his remark; your emotionless head turns towards him, “…You got me, Golden Shield. Very funny,” your mental chuckle does not break the air around you, “I think this is the work of… one particular spirit of nature, Shield. Maybe he escaped or, called for help. What matters even more is-“

“The crystal golem,” Golden Shield finishes your sentence with a nod, “That means you don’t have to go.”

The floating manifestation of Aurora Flare inside you frowns, she frowns furiously. You shake your head with a grind; you leave the stallion to his own devices. He’s the “Legate”, after all. If he thinks you are no fit for battle then-

He swiftly closes the distance between you and him; he follows you with a quick and agile step. Despite the hasty first aid he got from the reluctant pegasi after his battle with Verity, he was still bleeding, and bleeding horribly. You turn your head as soon as he looks back you from his though. Golden Shield spits his damage into the ebon sand and awkwardly rubs his neck afterwards. He says, “Times like those make you miss the baths of Crystal Empire.”

Where did that come from?

“Yes,” you admit to a stallion, of all ponies, “A relaxing bath…”

The camp appears to be deadly, there’s no pony in sight.

>Is there any particular location you’d like to check?
>>
>>27902420
Lets try searching for Ginger.
>>
>>27902420
Ginger's tent.
>>
File: CS Red Sulfur.png (40KB, 720x539px) Image search: [Google]
CS Red Sulfur.png
40KB, 720x539px
Ginger Spice’s was the most obvious location. You push Golden Shield with a rather sluggish nudge; he raises his eyebrow but offers no resistance. The stallion is still, quite carefully and cautiously, observing and investigating the sporadic acts of nature surrounding almost a third of all the camp. There are vines consuming tents whole; thorns dragging themselves and even blocking some of the awkward, tiny corridors between the two sections of the camp.

While Golden Shield is able to jump over the violence of nature, you sometimes stumble and drag your damaged hoof against several of them. Thankfully, the pathetic size and doormat nature of the already passed “bear” deals you no particular damage. While you do, in fact, crush some of the vine and thorns, there’s no hostile reaction.

What you do find in the place that Ginger Spice called his “Alchemical Lab” instead is a hut in ruins. The massive tent is damaged in all possibilities and manners of a maniac. It is burned; it is dissolved in toxins as well as boiled, cut and even simply crushed into crystallized particles. The whole place is a mess, and you know the culprit, or so you think.

The majority of the crystals inside feel a victim to whatever happened here; “Bearwalski’s grand escape” is a fitting name. The only thing left intact is a runic circle and some floating crystal shards that you assume were used to hold the “Oaken Cub” in place, or so Ginger Spice told you he did. That did not work, at all. You turn your head to a crack of a branch under somepony’s horseshoes; once you make sure that Golden Shield is aware, you take your stance.

“… And here I was about to run,” the strange, reef gold-skinned stallion says as he yawns into his hoof. His tired, scarlet eyes jump from you to Golden Shield. With an obvious lack of respect, he simply nods at the “Legate”. “Hey.”

>What now?
>>
>>27902558
Who are you? Have you seen Ginger Spice?
>>
>>27902558
Have you seen where the cub decided to hide.
>>
You wish to question the stallion, ask him of his rank and name. You want to know who he is but…

“Apprentice Red Sulfur,” Golden Shield says with a smile. He interrupts your question but the answer is more than obvious to him. You wonder, is it the duty of the “Legate” to know the name of every single one of his soldiers? Golden Shield raises his hoof and with a forced push, attempts to grip the hoof of the stallion before you. The one named “Red Sulfur” tiredly and wobbly raises his hoof but before the hoofshake can commence, he lowers it back.

“This is Red Sulfur,” he explains to you with a brief smile, “He’s one of Ginger Spice’s apprentices; can’t believe you escaped, Red Sulfur. Are you here alone?” Golden Shield remains stoic, like a father figure should.

You feel something strange about the particular fashion sense of his attire. You can see a wobbling eye-like substance inside the quartz crystal holding his heavy drapes together. Red Sulfur lazily nods his head, “No.”

“Do you know where Ginger Spice is, then? Or a bear cub?”

The red-mane stallion shakes his head; once up and down and once in a negative. He nods his head and, with another tired yawn, turns on his hooves, “In fact, Ginger Spice was the only other pony to escape, if you do not include the ‘Crystal Golem’ but, why would you?” He briefly catches your glare, “You have a better taste at ‘Crystal Golems’, ‘Royal Legate’. Well, if she wasn’t a cursed sculpture of doom that’s also able to talk.”

“About the cub…” your voice grinds.

“I don’t know anything,” he shakes his shoulders, “We arrived like this, the two of us. Ginger Spice is not going to be much of a help or talk, though. It seems the birds did a number on him. He’s barely able to talk.”

He carries on with his explanation as he passes the empty streets of “Ebon Point” war camp.

>What now?
>>
>>27902828
We must go the the Empire to get him help. To get all of us help.
>>
Night bump.
>>
>>27903817
>>
saved your thread from falling off the board.
>>
Bedbump.
>>
have a good night bump. thread probably won't survive due to glimmer posting
>>
only 43 minutes passed and you almost fell off the board.
>>
saved from falling off the board again
>>
bump bitch
>>
saved yet again bump
>>
File: 1425953566727.jpg (24KB, 360x720px) Image search: [Google]
1425953566727.jpg
24KB, 360x720px
Bumpanon retired for the night
>>
>>27906968
Thank you very much bump-anon!
>>
“Then we must go the Empire,” you suggest astray.

“It will take us much more than a single day, Aurora,” Golden Shield replies back.

“We need to get him help, get you help, Golden Shield,” you insist further, “And even I need some help. I do not know about you Red Sulfur, as you do not appear to be wounded or injured, but…”

The stallion lazily waves his hoof at you, “I’m fine, I got away just in time before the ‘Furies’ appeared.”

“Furies?” both you and Golden Shield exchange confused glances, “That’s what they are called?”

“Oh yes,” he yawns into his shoulder, “Mythological creatures of discord and misery, or so I read. Ginger Spice, I assume, knows more about them more than any Equestrian encyclopedias put together.”

“And you?” you ask with a mental raise of your eyebrow.

“I can’t be bothered to read,” he dryly replies back before stopping in front of one of the tents, “Now where was it…”

It appears the colt is lost amongst the many empty, and destroyed, canopies. He looks around in search.

>What now?

Bump-anon is my waifu.
>>
>>27908758
He's like the worst apprentice ever. Anyway, can we at least see Ginger to see the effect the birds had on him?
>>
>>27908783
>He's like the worst apprentice ever
But that's us.
>>
>>27908797
Nah, we aren't apprentice anymore, so he took our place of being shit.
>>
>>27908758
What are you look for?
>>
At least you have tried your best when you were Sombra’s apprentice; this stallion, on other hoof… does not ever bother to learn the things his master teaches. No wonder he’s only one amongst three or more of Ginger’s students.

“What are you ever looking for? Please let us see Ginger Spice,” you ask him with a bit of an irritation.

“Oh,” he says with leisure as he passes by some of the ruins. As he turns his back on you, your gaze passes by the strange, crystal-like pattern over his heavy coat. Golden Shield walks over one of the thorns and stops over the corner Red Sulfur disappeared into. The stallion tiredly rubs his face and then, without a word, asks you to join him.

With a mental eye roll you stumble on one of the thorns; then, you pass around the corner. To your surprise, at the very end of the tight corridor you find a sleeping cub; an oaken cub. Bearwalski is resting inside a razor sharp bush.

“Oaken Bear,” Red Sulfur nods his head at you, “I think we found him. Here.”

“What…” you stumble, “How did you…”

The stallion responses with a delay, he leans against one of the tent sides and closes his eyes, “Just got lucky and heard some of his snore. You were searching for him, no? Wake me up when you deal with him.”

>What now?
>>
>>27908930
Time to wake up bearwalski and have him fix all the damage he did to the camp
>>
>>27909080
This, then visiting Ginger.
>>
>>27909080
>have him fix all the damage
Nicely ask?
>>
>>27909097
well ya
>>
As weird, and suspicious, as the fact that Red Sulfur accidently stumbled upon the hiding oaken cub is, you will let it slide for now. You gently raise your damaged hoof towards Golden Shield and, trying to not appear either hostile or loud, you tell him with a simple motion to stay away from this. While Golden Shield is not impressed by the resting spirit of nature, he still trusts and follows you. You take a careful step or two towards the innocent-looking disaster.

“It’s time to wake up, Bearwalski,” your crystallized voice rises in an attempt to wake the cub up.

The oaken cub innocently shakes his head and turns over his back exposing his bark-made belly. The green energy within him sparks under his movement and then one of the vines blooms into a flower over his head. You mentally sigh and take a step closer. While the sharp thorns are neither deadly nor dangerous, they can still be damaging.

“Wake up already,” you raise your voice with an echo, “Wake up, hey! Come on already!”

It takes you approximately ten minutes to finally wake the cub up. With a swift motion, the small creature jumps off the thorny bush towards your direction. The flora itself opens before him, like an obedient and sentient door. As soon as the cub approaches your hoof, your take a step back. You are already tired; you do not wish to risk it.

The cub does not accept your unjust act of dislike. Bearwalski looks around you in search of either Trampled Flower or Scarab Amber. Once it does not find them, it approaches you again; this time, the vines surround your front hooves. You jolt your head and your body struggles under the immense, uncontrolled weight. As the dark, now disobedient energy consumes your mind you can see Bearwalski passionately nudging his head against yours.

You are falling asleep; the nature spirit is draining your energy.

>Do you allow yourself to rest?
>>
>>27910337
Honesty I believe it's the best time to do so. Before losing consciousness tell Shield not to worry.
>>
>>27910337
Absolutely not! We need to be repaired before we take that nap. Tell Bearwalski we have some good news for him, but he'll have to behave and let Shield look after him while we find a way to get repaired.
>>
>>27910366
>>27910410
It might be a good idea to rest, but ask shield if he can manage the apprentice to attempt repairs on us when he can; if he can now let's do it and rest with the cub later, or if he's that much of a lazy bastard we'll sleep and do it later
>>
>>27910410
We should rest so we stop tripping all over ourselves.
>>
>>27910435
>>27910439
No and no. We still have stuff to do and I bet we'll wake up just in time to return to the Equestrian forces. We need to find somebody able to repair us and start repairs before I feal comfortable with sleeping. We also promised Ginger a sample of dragon's blood and not only does our injury make this a perfect opportunity, but we've broken enough promises to him. Lastly a little bit of clumsiness isn't an issue.
>>
>>27910479
You turn your head with the last of your strength towards Shield but, it barely responds to your deep struggles and wishes. Your voice, crumbling and weak, mutters, “Shield, everything is alright I am simply… tired. Please, take care of the bear cub for me and… If you could, maybe you can find Ginger Spice and…”

“I’ll make sure he’ll repair you to the best of his abilities,” Golden Shield says with a calm demeanor, “Rest now.”

“A ‘Crystal Golem’, tired?” Sulfur says with an obviously present surprise, “Who decided to make them like that?”

“Do you have the knowledge to fix her in case Ginger Spice is unable?” Golden Shield asks.

“I have only experiment on dead and ruined ones,” Red Sulfur voice’s is uncaring. Oh dear Amore, please…

You can feel the dark void of your energy, like a creeping graveyard fog, carpeting in front of your eyes. Your body is no longer under your control as the last of your dark energy, without your direct command, falls into stasis. In time, it is going to regenerate and allow you to be as powerful as comfortable as you were before this war. But for now…
>>

You awake in yet another comforting dream. It is warm and it’s sunny; you can see the bright, pink sky of the Crystal Empire outside the window of the inner room you find yourself in. You feel smaller, even smaller than you usually are. You are a filly, a small and innocent filly with a long, pink mane and… black-eye. You remember now; you are standing inside the office room of your long forgotten kinder-garden. There’s another stallion with a bit ear and the same blacked eye as you; he’s standing to your left side. His cheeks are wet and red; he was obviously crying.

You raise your head to see a mare that’s now twice your size. She has the same the same pink mane as you but her eyes are obscured by her awkward, massive glasses. Her skin is of aquamarine color and her Cutie Mark is a ruler.

She’s Ms. Flare; she’s your dear and adoring mother as well as your kindergarten teacher.

“I can’t believe it, Aurora Flare. Do you have anything to say for yourself?”

>What even happened here? You do not remember a thing.
>>
>>27910602
God fucking damn it! You didn't even give us a chance to absorb the last of the necklace or talk with anybody about anything. Now we'll have to wait until we get another chance to be repaired AGAIN and most likely waste it on something moronic like taking Spitfire hostage or breaking a chain that would only lead to getting the guy we tried to help beaten senseless. We also didn't get a chance to talk to anybody about anything, like how hugging Bearwalski might be similar to coming in contact with a bird. We also robbed Ginger from a chance on collecting some dragon's blood and possibly work towards finding a cure. Hell, we didn't even get a chance to see how Ginger was doing.
>>
>>27910609
So obviously we fought. I think it was because he took something of ours and Aurora escalated it into a fight. It's would fit her character. Selfish, stingy Aurora.
>>
>>27910663
Take a chill pill man. They have it handled, I'm sure.
>>
>>27910731
How? some of that stuff required direct actions on our part.
>>
>>27910609
I vote that making bad decisions is a character trait. It's the only way I can make sense of Aurora with all the stupid shit she's done.
>>
File: full[1].png (109KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
full[1].png
109KB, 500x377px
Need some rest before work, cya guys later.
>>
>>27910762
Does "plain fuckin' stupid" count as a character trait? I'm trying to cement her as being selfish but having good intentions. She was a coward but that's pretty much done with by now, having been killed before.
>>
>>27910857
Selfish doesn't really fit with taking the position of apprentice so she could help others or the stuff with the foals and Bearwalski. If anything, it contradicts her personality. Underestimating things, not thinking actions through, and being impulsive seem to fit though. I don't mean actually stupid, I doubt Sombra would've given her a chance if she were actually stupid.
>>
>>27910899
Are you kidding? The entire reason she took the apprentice position was for herself, thinking that she would be given a higher and more favored position over the general populace. The thought of her own gain overpowered her fear and volunteered as his apprentice. She was consistently two things in Crystal Warlock; selfish and a coward. She would do anything to save her own skin which is why I was so pissed when they chose to die a virgin. It broke her character to pieces.
>>
>>27910963
Oh, guess I'm remembering the motivation wrong. A change of heart during a near-death experience isn't that outlandish and the book thing had done a lot to convince us to tell it to fuck off by that point. Though your right that it did break her original character. She's sorta did a 180 since coming back what with actively trying to help others and putting herself in harms way.
>>
Here's Aurora's profile. I know that it's not precise and it's not intend to be and some of it might be wrong but this is the one I refer to when I'm unsure of how she should act.

Aurora Flare – Crystal Golem, Female [Mane: Heliotrope. Skin: Sweet Corn. Eyes: Red Violet.]
[Position]: [Ex-Royal Apprentice] [Sombra’s Empire]
[Cutie Mark]: A star with four musical instruments inside and prism figure on the right corner above it.
[Personality]: Compassionate, Hopeful, Unlucky, Relentless, and Self-Caring. [Fear]: Fear of Intimate Touch.
[Quirk]: Easily Annoyed, Diplomatic, Edgy. [Skill]: Dark Magic.
>>
>>27911014
This is good to see, we want out default responses to be primarily compassionate whenever possible, even if we are a bit selfish from time to time we still try when we can

>>27910963
>>27910997
She REALLY didn't want to be helmed or stuck in unending slavery in the mines, from what I remember her motivation to be. If I recall correctly, it was a sudden panicked decision when Sombra emerged again, the reasoning and logic being justified at later times when she stopped to think about it or try to explain it to others.
>>
File: 21651465416.jpg (18KB, 376x332px) Image search: [Google]
21651465416.jpg
18KB, 376x332px
Bump
>>
File: bucket of tits.png (827KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
bucket of tits.png
827KB, 894x894px
I'm just going to keep bumping with off topic images to keep things fresh
>>
enjoy the evening
>>
Of course, it’s rather obvious, isn’t it? Your mother is angry at you; the crying colt has the same black eye as you… the two of you got into a fight for a reason or another. Wait, hold down a second; you can sense the memories of your innocent fillyhood returning with a speed of a crawl. While your mother is standing above you and the colt with a harsh, shamed gaze, you do, in fact, know the answer for her question; it is the answer she is not going to approve.

Tin Medal is the name of the colt you vividly remember hitting straight in his ugly mug. You’ve got fed up with his constant teasing and, sometimes, outright bullying. The ash gray-skinned colt was a leader amongst his peers; he led them into silly and, sometimes dangerous, adventures as well as initiated the bullying of all the kindergarten fillies.

To this day, you do not know why but he was so affectionate with his dislike and “fun” towards you especially. You were a shy, even cowardly, filly back then and, perhaps, that had something to do with it. But when he shamelessly tried to put a bug in your ear, you had enough. You do not remember caring about the other adult ponies present.

Without a moment of doubt your hoof moved on its own, Of course, he hit you back.

“He was teasing me, teacher,” you respond to Ms. Flare like the stranger she is; you are just one of her students.

“One was fie trying to be friendly, teachah. Goodness me!” he says with a blueblood intonation and tone.

“Aurora Flare, apologize.”

What, why you? He’s the one at fault here… is what you can hear your small, filly mind shouting. ‘It is unfair!’

>What do you do?
>>
>>27916230
If he was the bully I sure as hell don't feel like apologizing. More like calling him a liar and a faggot.
>>
>>27916230
We are not apologizing to him.
>>
>>27916230
He tried to place a bug into our ear, that pompous rascal can't be allowed to get away with this
>>
“Nu’ah,” you insist with the squeakiest voice imaginable, “I’m not apologizing for hitting him back, teacher.”

“I'm terribly sorry but one did not hit you,” he says in his posh, annoying voice and a raised chin.

“You tried to put a bug in my-“

“That’s enough. I ask you to apologize or I will be forced to leave you in the corner until the closing time.” Your mother adjusts her dorky glasses. She sighs at your pout; she’s clearly in no mood for arguments yet, neither are you. You are not going to apologize to a bully; what you did was justified after all those months of literal torture he put you through… or, at least, the torture in the “kindergarten scale of things”. If you have to stand in a corner, so be it. “Aurora Flare, a mare should not respond with such violence, I have though I taught you better than that.”

Your mother have always treated you the harshest of all students in the “Crystal Kindergarten”, be it fair or not.

“I’ve tried telling you but you do not listen,” you mutter cowardly under your breath.

You are unsure if your mother, or Tin Medal for that matter, heard you. With, what appears to be, heavy burden she shakes her head and then she swiftly point her hoof into one of the dark, gloomy corners; it is way off the toy section. You attempt to open your mouth in an obvious lament but the scary glare of your mother makes you reconsider. With an ouch-inducing stumble, you push your head between the sharp intersection of two walls.

You raise your head only once to look at Tin Medal; you expect him to look victorious but instead he looks… hesitant?

>What do you do now?
>>
>>27917078
Be all offended just like a little girl we are and look straight at the wall. Try not to cry. Sob a little, we could play with all these toys now.
>>
>>27917100
We can play with those toys we are in deep trouble right now.
>>
>>27917249
can't*
>>
>>27917100
This minus the toy part. Mother would be on our butts in a heartbeat.
>>
>>27917100
>>27917249
>>27917443
Could have been playing*
>>
>>27918664
And another one
>>
>>27918664
>>
I want to cuddle Fair Trade.
>>
>>27922831
You are insane.
>>
>>27923451
It takes a strong mare to not give a fuck while everyone hates her, even her own brother.
>>
>>27923544
Or a sociopath.
>>
With an assumption of your punishment, but not the crime, you sulk into the corner with an insulted conciseness. You now remember: it took almost all of your strength to hold down the hurtful tears; you did nothing wrong and there was no way you were going to allow them to see you cry. With a daring grimace, you catch a glance of Tin Medal and his annoying friends playing with the new set of “Crystal Gem Heroes” and their additional accessories.

Trying to keep your innocent, filly heart from breaking into tiny pieces at the sight of such unjust act, you look away. For a filly your age, when one is playing and goofing around, minutes last as long as hours but, in return, it is the same for when you are being punished or ridiculed before your friends. And today the time was crawling especially slowly. In the end, the number of the students decreased with every returning and tired parent taking them home.

When you were eventually left alone with your mother and teacher it was already the brink of dawn. You had to wait a bit more until your mother was finished with her packing job and paper work. You remember her approaching you, just like now, with sigh of disbelief, “I think that is enough, Aurora Flare. Are you ready to go home now?”

>What do you say?
>>
>>27925106
No
>>
>>27925106
Maybe
>>
“No,” you say with a harrumph as you nudge your head further into the corner, “Maybe.”

“Oh?” you mothers sound surprised, “Well, at least you are honest now, Aurora Flare.” You mother places your flower-like bag over her shoulder and takes a step towards the door, “Do you want to stay here then?”

>What now?
>>
>>27925255
Let's just go home. If she asks us to apologize for some reason, ask her what SHE would have done if somebody put a bug into her ear.
>>
“W-wait,” you mutter as you hurry up to catch up with her, “I don’t want to stay here, not a minute longer!”

A sweet, gentle smile slides across your mother’s face as you, in an awkward hurry, stumble towards her. Without a moment of a doubt, like the great daughter and adult pony that you are, you take your kindergarten bag off your mother’s shoulders. She does not resist, in fact, she’s more than happy allowing you to carry your stuff by yourself.

The two of you pass the empty, orange from the dawning sun streets of the Crystal Empire in silence. Your home, a small cottage on the very outskirts of the Crystal Empire, lies about an hour of a walking distance away from the “Crystal Kindergarten”. Truly speaking, your father, a pearl diver, was the only one to benefit from such a remote location; yet, your mother did not mind. Unlike your filly self she enjoyed the sounds of wild animals and forests.

In the end, you speak what troubles you clearly, “Are you going to put me in the corner again tomorrow morning?”

Your mother knocks her head in your direction. She pauses to stop, take her glasses in her hoof and clean them with an arid, warm breath. Once the glasses are placed back, she says, “No, I think you’ve learned your lesson.”

‘I’m still not going to apologize,” you remember childishly hitting your hooves against the ground and pouting.

“Don’t worry,” she smiles back at you, “I think Tin Medal knows you did not do it on purpose.”

“I did… What about him? He hit me too!”

“Aurora Flare,” there’s a note of strictness in her voice, “In fact, he apologized.”

“Not to me,” your cheeks expand as your pout grows, “He was trying to put a bug in my ear; a giant, sleazy bug!”
>>
“It is not a reason to hit another pony, Aurora Flare,” your stern teacher follows with her lesson, “Remember what I said before, Aurora Flare: you should not use violence unless your very life is at risk and even then, avoid it.”

“He’s a bully,” you continue with your explanation.

“There will be times when you’ll be forced to struggle, Aurora Flare. It’s easier to make enemies than friends.”

“He’s not my friend, nu’ah.”

“Is Tin Medal your enemy then?” she asks as her eyebrow raises in question.
>What now?
>>
>>27925863
Ask what she would have done in our situation, he's not our enemy, he's just a dick we'd rather avoid
>>
>>27925863
Maybe not an enemy, I just don't like him!
>>
I can usually only do one or two updates on weekdays. I'm sorry for the sporadic update schedule but that's all I'm able to carry on with after doing working days.
>>
>>27923544
>>27924261
This. She is fucked in the head totalitarian bitch, and she needs to die, not to be cuddling with some Anon.

>>27926179
No worries Vince, I think the cute or awkward dream flashbacks are worth waiting for. A nice way of dividing the chunks of edge.
>>
pmub
>>
Night bump.
>>
>>27927946
>>
>>27929466
>>
We wouldn't be playing Symphony if we didn't pick the dying option beforehand.
>>
>>27931181
>>
“Maybe not an enemy but… I do not like him,” you remember telling her this straight. With a huff, you carry on with your innocent aggravation, “Tell me this, please: how would you react if somepony tried to put a bug in your ear!?”

“I would ask them politely,” She says with calm yet serious expression, “That I do not like that.”

“And if he would you not stop?”

“I would make it clear that it makes me unhappy and then, I’ll ask somepony else to talk this over with him too.”

“That doesn’t sound fun,” you raise your hoof in exclamation, “In fact, that sounds horrible; why should I struggle?”

“Yes, Aurora Flare, it is a struggle. But… You usually want to raise ponies to your level, not fall down to theirs.”

You turn your head away and then, you pout. You have nothing else to talk about concerning this non-issue and, it seems, she appreciates it. Deep inside, you hope that Tin Medal is finally going to stop but, you do know, that the chances of such a quite low. You quickly shortcut through the entirety of “Garnet Forest” by following steep and long trail; a road you basically have engraved inside your mind. You wager that you can follow it blindfolded, probably.
>>
Your cottage is two storeys high and it’s the only building in the five mile radius. As the night dawns closer, you can see the light inside your windows and a thick, gray smoke flowing out of the chimney. It seems that your father is home and this simple fact brings an enormously happy grin to your face. You quickly forsake your mother and her leisurely trot; instead you rush towards the door. You smash your hooves into the door with a silent rhythm.

It doesn’t take long for your father to appear personally; he opens the creaking door with a gentle nudge. The stallion standing before you is neither strong nor young; in fact, he’s reaching the last years of his middle-age. Compared to the all the young, sparkling parents of your friends, your parents were the oldest and blandest. ‘You are a late bloom of our love’ as you remember your mother’s saying. The joke took its time for you to understand.

Your father has a coral skin and grayish mane. His eyes are of the same deep, red violet color as yours. Your mother once accidently mentioned that she basically married your father for his beautiful eyes, or that she fell in love with them at first sight, and, while it seems it is the only thing you took after him, she couldn’t be happier.

“Welcome back, my little pony. How was your day?” he asks you with a cherished smile. You miss him, dearly.

>What do you say?
>>
>>27933522
It's good now that we are home with you
>>
>>27933522
Give him a big hug. Tell him that Tin put a bug in our ear and it was awful.
>>
>>27933522
>>27934502
I wonder if we should tell our dad we got in a fight afterwards. I mean, I have no idea if he's like mum or he'd actually like that we won't let a spoiled brat bully us.
>>
>>27934990
Nah, since we're a kid we're going to automatically frame Tin negatively. Mom will do all the thorough explaining.
>>
>>27935080
>mom
>understanding us
>>
>>27935089
I expect her to tell the whole senario. I don't know why you hate Tin so much. We're both at fault, even if he is a schoolyard kindergarten bully.
>>
>>27935312
I don't really hate him. But I would be pretty damn pissed if I was punished for justified action in given situation. Maybe you're right, let's see what mom will tell dad first.
>>
>>27933522
>You are a late bloom of our love
That's quite touching actually. It's so sweet but also heartbreaking at the same time. I'm sure Aurora loved both her parents dearly.
>>
>>27936433
>>
>>27937625
>>
have a good night bump
>>
I think this flashback is a great way to develop Aurora and see how she was raised, how that effected her, and how it made her who she is today. So far we can tell she was one stubborn-ass filly.

I hate it because I just miss updates because of work.
>>
>>27941496
Yeah, same thing happens to me but at least the updates are coming in more varied times
>>
You embrace your father like a daughter should: strong and passionately. With an ancient chuckle, he returns your gesture with as much love. You raise your cute, little head with a smile, “It’s good now that we’re here with you.”

“Ha-ha,” his smile widens, “Then I can make you even happier, I bet! I’ve just made your favorite dumplings; they are fresh and hot, just out of the oven!”

Your mother finally reaches the door; with a heavy sigh she places a soft kiss on the lips of your father; your younger self gags… now, when you look back at them, you envy your mother and father will all your heart. Regardless, you still laugh at their attention with the cutest of your smiles. Then, once you think everything is well, your mother enters the door with what seems to be a cold, devious expression, “She got into a fight, Northern Light.”

“Into a fight, you mean… our little princess? That cannot be right, can it?” he looks at you with a worry.

“I-it wasn’t a fight,” you say in a hurry, “Tin Medal tried to put a bug in my ear! So I hit him so he wouldn’t!”

“Last I remember that was the definition of fighting,” your mother voice rings from the dressing room, “But yes, that is exactly what happened. Everypony involved was either warned or punished so, I hope, that will not happen again.”

Northern Light looks back at you and says with another chuckle, “Well, I should have had figured out by that bruise under your eye. Come on, let’s get that properly treated. You are lucky I have some “Oil Seaweed” left.”
>>
Natural remedies, but of course; you father was always obsessed with the crazy methodic of your ancestors. You close the door behind you and rub your hooves against one of those “Welcome”-type of rugs. You can feel your body soften as soon as you can sniff the heavenly fragrance of your father’s baked goods. This is the best dream…

Then, a black, livid flame bursts and swiftly starts growing before your very eyes. Like a fire consuming a child’s drawing, it begins burning the reality of your dream. You narrow your eyes and, unlike your previous dreams, the fire stops; it is under your control. You either wake up now or, you enjoy this dream a little bit more, it can’t hurt…

>What is it going to be?
>>
>>27941496
>>27942386
The problem is that my swift changes every week as it's either morning routine or evening. Because of this, it constrains when I can be home. During my weekends, Friday and Saturday, I need to do my RL routine before starting a proper session and sometimes that's not possible. So, doesn't matter when or how later since the prompt, a suggestion is welcomed.

Concerning the farm "breather" CYOA I mentioned beforehand: I'll be changing it to something else. A similiar but different idea.
>>
>>27942495
No, let us dream. Let us escape from reality and be happy, if only for a little while.
>>
>>27942495
Stay for the dumplings then leave after your done eatting
>>
>>27942489
>making dumplings in the oven
Fucking heresy. And yes, let us dream some more. The world outside our head is grim enough.
>>
>>27944426
>>
>>27945664
>>
>>27947777
>>
Bump?
>>
The world outside can wait; it is bleak and hollow. You wish to escape from the grim and cold reality, if only for a little while. Right now, you are just a small, innocent filly spending her happiest moments with caring and adoring parents. Yes, you do not remember yourself being any happier than this. Truly, the foals have no care in the world.

You concentrate; the flames of your consciences diminish until they are no bigger than ones of a candle. Your younger self obediently follows her, more experienced and much cooler, father. You remember now, he once told you a story of how he fought a shark and won. Back then, it was ordinariness; he was a pearl diver after all, it comes with the job; you though. Northern Light, you father, enters the bathroom together with you with a cautious trot.

Then, he stops in front of the giant mirror and, from one of the cupboards; he picks up a green vial. The stench of this so-called “Oil Seaweed” vile; it is so vile, in fact, that you remember it to this very day. Your father gently rubs the surface under your eye and, surprisingly, you can feel the pain no longer tormenting you. Well, of course you, it is painful but back then you did your best to hide it from your mother and others students. You are a strong filly.

Once your muzzle is properly treated, both of you return to the kitchen. There’s a beautiful, sapphire tablecloth set, as well as the most expensive dinning ware. The three napkins are decorated in form a swan. Somehow, your mother managed to set up all of this beauty in the small timeframe given. She’s patiently waiting for the two of you.

With the kindest of smiles you place yourself on the chair. With no wait, you bite into the tasty dumpling. Delicious!
>>
“Are you having another musical practice tomorrow, princess?” your father asks.

“Mhm~”

“She’s not practicing,” your mother insists with a brood, “All she does, is holding the instrument and listening to the other fillies and colts playing. You do not need to play an instrument to listen to music, Aurora Flare.”

“That’s not true,” you pout at her, “I’m trying to find my Cutie Mark; I know it has something to do with music!”

“And why do you think so?” your mother asks you with a rather calm, but stern, expression.

>Do you remember your answer?
>>
>>27950941
Because I love it! I love the sound of it. A single instrument can sound beautiful but many instruments together, all of them in perfect harmony, it's... it's magic!
>>
>>27951077
I can't find anything bad with this suggestion, and them numbers, so well, this.
>>
“I just love it, mother. It’s not the same when you are sitting in the auditorium. When you are among them, together with them, it’s magical! A single instrument can be beautiful but so many instruments together; all of them in perfect harmony? Do you not think it’s amazing? I want to play with them; I just have to find the right instrument, that’s all!”

Your mother’s stern look breaks into a smile, “Gracefully explained. Very well; until you try every single instrument.”

“Why not try a banjo then? I remember my friend saying that it’s quite the exotic instrument,” he says.

>What now?
>>
>>27951149
Why not a sitar, dad? That's even more exotic. And we should be serious.
>>
>>27951149
Hmm... banjos are neat. I just might try it.
>>
“Banjo seems interesting, father, but there’s another instrument I want to try: a sitar. It’s even more exotic!”

“I…do not think I know what that is, dear,” you father says with an awkward smile, “Can you maybe tell us?”

“I think you are aiming for something that you do not want to put much effort into, Aurora Flare,” you mother says as she nobly nibs on one of the dumplings (she’s enjoying them too). “What about something simple: a triangle?”

>What did you say?
>>
>>27951228
A triangle is pretty neat, to be honest. I personally like it's sound, even if it's a simple instrument. We could give it a shot. I bet we can already imagine ourselves during a concert, using it from time to time to make everything sound perfect.
>>
“A triangle is nice,” you answer with an actually excitement, which surprises your mother. “I actually like how it sounds; it’s a simple and small instrument that’s playing a very important, even though minor, role! Yes, yes, yes!” you squeal with delight, “In fact, I can play it at the exact time I’m needed, helping others! Thank you for the idea!”

She smiles, “Of course, Aurora Flare. As long as you try your best.”

“A triangle Cutie Mark, I wonder how that would look,” your father questions mysteriously. Your mother and you give him a well justified poker expression. Once he catches your glares, he chuckles, “I’m just joking.”

“Of course you are, dear. Come on Aurora Flare; when you are finished with your plate, help me with the dishes.”

“Of course, mother.”

Your inner self shakes her head in astonishment at your own foolishness! No, it wasn’t the triangle! No, it wasn’t a sitar either! Amore’s grace, all those memories of all those useless practices, you have tried everything: piano, zebra aslatua, bagpipes, frippertronics and even a harp. It took you so many years to finally give conductor’s baton a try!

So many years of being a blank flank… so many years… of happy, uncaring life with no darkness in your heart.

This is, now, just a memory. A fiber of a previous life that you cannot return to; it’s all it is, a memory.

>Yet, before you wake up, is there anything you remember yourself saying to your parents?
>>
>>27951435
Slowly forgetting about the fight and a lecture given by our mom we helped wash the dishes, then we spent a comfy and cuddly evening with our parents. The end. Time to embrace the edge again, unless other players want to see something else.
>>
>>27951435
No, only something we would like to say to them now if we could. I love you.
>>
>>27951435
We told our parents that we love them.
>>
What Tin Medal did back then, and what your mother sternly advised you to follow… you are quick to forget it; almost all of it. Without regrets, with a slight enthusiasm, actually, you’ve jumped in to help her was the dishes. You remember spending the remains of that day in the tight embrace and enjoyable discussion of your parents. You remember having so much fun, that you accidently ended up falling asleep an hour before your usual schedule.

Your memory is fuzzy. It’s hard to remember what you did in your sleep but… “I love you” was your sleeping mutter.

Under your command, the black flames of reality incinerate your dream. The dark magic, which allows you live and fight another day, is currently boiling relentlessly inside you; it is as if it is trying to escape. It is burning with a cold passion. You know that the evil essence is not meant to be in a stasis. It is regenerated. You need to wake up.

‘There will be times when you’ll be forced to struggle, Aurora Flare’
>>
>Body Changes:
06% [+4] Alicorn ‘Dark’ Magic [Magic]
00% [-4] Volatile Arcane [Magic]

44% [+10] Crystallized Flesh [Crystal]
14% [-10] Crystalline Debris [Crystal]

47% [+3] Crystallized Flesh [Crystal]
00% [-03] Guanine Fluorite [Crystal]

You are Aurora Flare, a “Crystal Golem” and… the dark magic of chaos and evil is your lap dog, figuratively. You feel the energy surging through your crystallized body like a hot, boiling blood. Your every though is as clear as sky and your body’s every single, unimaginable movement, is responsive without a second of delay. The reaction of your body is faster than your own contemplation; your own thought. It is acting in haste, but absolute obedience.

You look around yourself: it is a damp and dark tent. There are some spots cut by Bearwalski’s thorns; those spots are letting the light of the sun in. In this strange, warm light you can see the glistering particles of ash gently flowing through the entire tent. You swiftly take a step off the lame, makeshift bed. You spot another pony in the corner.

“Ginger Spice,” your voice follows with barren, yet still present, emotions, “Is that you?”

“I’m hereh,” he says with a tired sigh, “I wash uncertain if Red Sulfurh ruined you completely.”

>Welcome back. What now?
>>
>>27951768
I figured he tried his best to fix us when we were... away. Thank him with gratitude.
>>
>>27951768
Ask what you missed while you were sleeping.
>>
I think I've made a mistake with the math somewhere along the way as the body is always supposed to be 100%.

Make that [Damage] 12% then.

Also, a note, the "ability to retcon after a bad end" no longer applies is it only was for the negotiation phase with Verity and Soarin. Not sure if I made that clear enough so I’m just making sure y’all know!
>>
File: 1446592686877.jpg (45KB, 420x500px) Image search: [Google]
1446592686877.jpg
45KB, 420x500px
>>27951817
>the "ability to retcon after a bad end" no longer applies
>>
>>27951768
Ruined me?

Look over ourselves over in near panic.
>>
“Did you… fix me?” you ask your friend with a cautious step.

The olive, badly crystallized pony shakes his head in response, “I wouldh but could not, Royalh Aurora. While the scream of the Furies did not harmh me, like the others, I didh still participate in the battle. So ith was all Red Sulfurh.”

“Did he… touch me, thenh?” you accidently stumble on his accent.

“Yesh,” Spice answers without a care. Just great, who didn’t touch you at this point?! “Your ‘Oaken Cub’ destroyed my laboratory; every single precioush mineral inside wenth in flames. I couldh only save the ‘Crown Pillar’ crystalsh.”

You quickly look over your crystallized figure in a panic. You are still able to spot several massive cracks all over your body; huge chunks of your body are missing. Surprisingly, there’s not a single foreign mineral in your body present. The strange mineral you have applied before the battle, Guanine Fluorite, has now been completely assimilated with your own, for better or worse. As for your badly damaged right left, it is repaired. It looks repaired, not brand new.

“Sorry.”

“It’s not a problemh for me,” he continues, “But we only hadh the scraps gathered by ‘Royal Shield’ to use.”

“How… long was I unconscious?”

“Halfh a day,” his empty, socket eyes look towards you.

>What now?
>>
>>27951994
So the scraps seem to work. Get more of them. And find that lazy but actually quite useful slob Red Sulfur. To help us, not to smash his head, mind it.
>>
>>27951994
Where are they now?
>>
>>27951994
What do you know about the Furies?
>>
“Where are they now?” you ask him with concern.

“Who?” he asks back, with a broody exclaim.

“Shield,” you clear your throat, “Golden Shield and this Sulfur…”

“Golden Shield hash left to bringh the elementh back while you are unconscioush; no need to explainh, Royal Aurora, he already did allh of that. As for Red Sulfurh, he said he wants to check the camph or take a naph.”

“Amore’s Grace,” you breathe with a relief, “I just realized, I can be repaired by other golem parts.”

“I’ve toldh you, you can yesh. But only those who were crystallizedh, not Petroglyph’s sort.”

You shake your head diligently. You look at your friend with determination and readiness; though, he does not see that. You attempt to portray it with your voice, “What do you know of those “Furies” then?”

Ginger Spice stares straight through you. With a lazy, depressing movement he leans his head against the soft, trembling wall of one of the tents. The sunlight reflects across his body, like a beautiful marble statue. After a short pause that you allow him to take, he says, “I do, I readh books,” he follows with a joke, “I do noth think it’s a good idea. Furies are the maleficent creaturesh born fromh the same chaotic arcane Discordh, the God of Chaos, was. Or so the legendsh say. Their screamh is able to force you to go through your worst memories, lose your happy emotions.”

“…That sounds dangerous,” you whisper.

“It is. Accordingh to the myths, those creatures were banishedh to Tartarus thousandh of years ago.”

>What now?
>>
>>27952426
Get more of that sweet crystallized flesh and go wake up Sulfur.
>>
>>27952456
All the golem corpses are in Cloudsdale.
>>
>>27952456
I don't think there any more crystallized flesh left and non round the camp after the bear escape.
>>
>>27952426
What could the possibly want with Shield or Spitfire? Damn it all! I already have enough to worry about! I don't need chaos daemons! After taking a moment to calm back down from that ask if he knows if Shield took the other golem with him. Also ask Ginger how he is, can he make it back yo the Empire?

I want to keep using the Fluorite, it will keep us an normal looking as possible when we find a way to change back to normal.
>>
>>27952474
>send someone there
>get the stuff
>???
>repaired Aurora
>>
>>27952426
Is it possible to control the Furies?
>>
I'm pausing here; I'm falling asleep.
>>
>>27952576
Me too. Good night Vincent.
>>
>>27953367
>>
>>27952426
So we're facing a creature from Tartarus? Is there any way to protect others from being effected by it?
>>
>>27954105
>>
>>27954737
>>
Up you go.
>>
“If we bring back more of the golems remains then Sulfur ought to be able to get us fixed, right?”

“If the flesh is goodh enough, then of course. That ‘Harmony Initiate’ minces her enemies into dust that is the problemh here. Even if she stops, most of the golemsh are already ruined. That, and Golden Shield said that he brought h of what he managed to discover back with him. Therefore, there’s little chance to findh more.”

“We can still send someone else to get it, right?” you ask him with a questioning tone.

“If you send the golemh alone, he won’t return. If you try to force Red Sulfurh into this, he’ll refuse. And Golden Shieldh and you are about to returhn back there in a fewh hours anyway, right?”

“That is accurate…” you mutter under your clear lungful of air, “Damn it. What about more of the fluorite?”

Ginger Spice yanks on his sit, “There’s only one otherh mine we have now, and that’s stationedh in Manehattan. There mighth be deposits nearby buth, I do not knowh of any aside from the Fulgurite Pillar a few hoursh away.”

You wobble your head in frustration: Manehattan is far away from any of your probable journeys and objectives. It appears that repairing the rest of you is something that will have to hang around; you can’t even put any other of the magical gemstones at hoof as Mr. Bearwalski destroyed or damaged them ahead of their usefulness.

“Those ‘Furies’… what could they feasible want with Golden Shield and Spitfire?”

“It’s weird, yesh. Those creatures are not ones notorious for their devotion and obedience, neither are they ones famous for targeting a specific pony. If the myths holdh any true, than they simple attack anypony willing to come within reachh of themh. Because of thish, I’m unsure of what they wouldh wish for from neither of themh.”

“You said they were banished to Tartarus.”
>>
He licks his dehydrated, aged lips, “Indeedh. Those creaturehs either escaped of were bornh from disharmonioush maliciousness. I am unsure which of those two soundsh any better,” he says uninterested.

>What now?
>>
>>27958022
This wasn't just a territory thing, they specifically targeted spitfire and shield and took spitfire back with them
>>
So we potentially have a pony/whatever capable of freeing creatures from Tartarus wandering around unnoticed until now. Awesome.
>>
>>27958111
Gee, I wonder who could that be.
>>
>>27958115
Well, this would make things very complicated in the long run.
>>
“This wasn't just a territory thing; they specifically targeted spitfire and shield and took spitfire back with them.”

“That’s whath you and my apprentice saidh, Royal Aurora. Do you know where they tookh them, then?”

>What now?
>>
>>27958148
We have no idea where they could be, but I guess we could ask if Equestrians know something. I doubt it, but we need a place to start.
>>
>>27958022
Maybe once we return to the Empire we can send for fluorite? It is the leastime that the Vizier could do for us.

The fluorite is probably the best. I keep picturing Aurora when she returns to normal with different colored patches on her because she used the flesh of other ponies to repair herself. I don't like that thought.
>>
>>27958180
>she used the flesh of other ponies to repair herself
Sounds pretty brutal when you put it this way.
>>
>>27958180
Vincent gives us all those magical crystals to use and we use the boring ones. Or is that a test?
>>
>>27958206
I remember Ginger saying that the only current way of turning us back says that it would turn the crystal back to it's original state, which would just be dead meat. I believe that if we use other minerals that if we find a way back that would not make us dead the parts we have replaced with those minerals would not change with us, whereas the fluorite changes to match what it's been applied to.
>>
>>27958288
We can always replace useful crystals later on to fluorite or flesh, right?
>>
>>27958310
I don't know. Sounds like it would be a major pain and you know how she is about being touched. Actually, I wonder why she has a phobia of that.
>>
“We have no idea where they could be, Ginger Spice. The Cloudsdale officer sent his scouts and they are planning-“

“Yes,” he interrupts you, “I do knowh that. But are you sure you wanth to followh them whereverh they wenth to?”

You mentally gulp at his menacing tone, “What do you mean? This is the only way to free all of their prisoners.”

“That’s true,” he inoffensively leans against the cotton wall, “That’s true. But… they are Tartarus creaturesh.”

“I know,” you tell him openly, “I know that they are dangerous, even I nearly died. But that’s what Golden Shield wants, Ginger Spice. If that’s what he wants then… Is there a way for regular ponies to fight against them?”

“I couldh,” he follows your train of thought, “So I assume the Dragon’s Bloodh crystallizationh process has somethingh to do with ith. Perhapsh, more thanh likely, it is their screamhs that cause you to go through all of thath, the destructionh of emotions and sufferingh. In your case, Royal Aurora, you certainly do not have properh earshot. I thinkh that some partsh of inside my ear are crystallized now. The crystallizedh flesh… interesting.”

>What now?
>>
>>27958414
Maybe it will be revealed in the next flashback.
>>
>>27958417
So maybe if we could stop their hearing they might not suffer. I doubt they would like the dragon blood route. Trust me Ginger, if there was any way around going I would take it.
>>
>>27958417
How about earmuff or something to put in their ear to weaken the screams?
>>
>>27958417
Crystal flesh ear plugs?
>>
>>27958727
Wouldn't it pierce through their eardrums?
>>
>>27958730
Ear plugs are shaped specifically not to let that happen.
>>
“So if we stop the hearing, they will not suffer… Right?”

“On the whole, thath is the idea,” he nods with not a single glimpse of passion present.

“Then what about earmuff?”

“Too scrawny, theirh screamsh are not only loudh but also magicalh. It needs to be somethingh that cutsh your hearing to absolute nullh.”

“You can always use the ‘Swamp Cheery’ fruit,” Red Sulfur answers with a tired yawn as he enters Ginger Spice’s tent. The lazy apprentice looks over you with a rather perverted eye and smirks, “Our ‘Crystal Golem” is lively, I see.”

“That’s Royalh Aurora Flare, apprentice. She’s sentient.”

“Yeah,” he yawns into his sleeve and, with an exasperated and fake sigh, falls into a pile of pillows.

You can see Ginger Spice shaking his head in disbelief, “’Swamph Cheery’?” he asks his student. “The one that is supposedly growsh in the ‘Every Forest” and it highly poisonoush? Now why wouldh that helph, Red Sulfur?”

“The toxic poison, master,” he says as if it was the most obvious thing, “It can make you deaf for a whole day.”

You can sense Ginger Spice narrowing his eyebrows in annoyance, “Is thath your cape givingh you ideas, again?”

The conversation between the two of them is akin to banter between two sleepless, always-tired and old stallions.

You mentally yawn.

>What do you do?
>>
>>27958776
I don't like that Sulfur guy. Not at all. I don't mean to be rude towards Ginger, but cut it short and inquire about that Cherry.
>>
>>27958776
I knew something was off about that cape.
>>
>>27958776
what is up with the cape.
>>
“..Is that real, then?” you inquire from the two.

Ginger Spice does not respond; his attention is kept on his student alone. On other hoof, Red Sulfur’s inattentive nature, and the fact that it is his idea, makes him forget Ginger Spice entirely to reply to you, “Of course it’s real.”

You grunt; you grow a distain and dislike for the apprentice of your comrade. Still, you acknowledge the fact that he effectively managed to do what was needed that is, to be exact, to repair you. Slowly, you dip your head at him.

Ginger Spice finally grows tired of Red Sulfur’s negligence, or so it seems. He turns towards you to steal his spotlight. Like he always does, he interrupts the elucidation without a care in the world. He says, “Yes, it is real. But the ‘Everfree Forest’ is allh the way to the South, that ish, the ‘Unitedh Equestria’ territory, as you knowh it is.”

“We don’t have to go there,” Red Sulfur follows his tempo lazily, “The pegasi can bring it all themselves.”

“They won’t believe us,” you say with a worry, “Neither will they eat a poisonous fruit.”

“Unless… Royal Goldenh Shield will eat it firsth but, then they won’t be able to understandg each otherh.”

You slowly grow anxious at this, but your crystallized self appear to be deadpan and cold; for better or worse. Before you decide on this idea, you have to talk to Golden Shield then. Still, there was something you had to ask the two of them, “You cape…” your hollow, crystallized voice murmurs, “Is there…something wrong with it? I think so.”

“It’s cursedh,” Ginger Spice says without a lack of emotions.

“It’s not!” Red Sulfur yells with a surprising passion and fear, “It’s ‘Quartz Eye’, an existing gemstone form!”

>What now?
>>
>>27959052
It is a solution if we will come up with universal gesture code. this way we can communicate when they will be deaf. And Shield should convince them. We wouldn't wage a fierce battle for a commander to let him poison himself, right?
>>
>>27959052
Oh? How is it cursed, Ginger?
>>
>>27959052
Like the book?
>>
>>27959052
What dose the 'Quartz Eye' do? Also if it's not curse then why don't you take it off.
>>
Isn't that eye something we meet when we were still alive?
>>
>>27959114
Feels like I've heard of it before.
>>
>>27959097
>>27959113
>>27959114
“King Sombra called it the ‘Crystal Note’,” you say uncertainly, forcing him to flinch.

“’Crystal Note’? I never heard of such a thingh. Did he mention anythingh about it?”

“He said that, as his apprentice I am to learn to use it, “you say, inclining your head. “He taught me the words, a way to read these-,” you motion towards the scriptures, “spells.”

“Spells?” he questions, sternly rubbing his hoof against the paper surface.

“Yes, he said those were magical words to call for its… powers.”

“Well,” he says, observing his hoof, “they were not writtenh by a quill or a coal. There’s no substanceh, as if they were imprinted… into the paperh, that is. By magic.” He sniffs and licks it then.

“By magic?” you ask.

“Yes. I suspectedh that the King might have had just played you for a fool, but no, he gave you something interestingh.”

Well, that was a relief.

“Can you translate them?” you ask.

He shakes his head in negative, “No. I can read it, but the words make no senseh. Imagine learning a new languageh,” he looks at the imprinted symbols closely, making a pause. “No, a new alphabet and then trying to understand the words you read. It wouldn’t work.”

“So- You only know the alphabet?” you ask.

He grunts at you, apparently insulted, “No, I knowh the oldenh equestrian by hoof. But it’s like someone made a new language using its letters. You understand?”

You did, kind of. Not really.

“The Quartz Eye has some properties- It can develop a “will” on an objecth.”

“He said it’s a very dangerous artifact,” you lie bluntly.

“If it’s not explosive, it’s noth.”

“He said it was cursed,” you lie again.

“Curses are just side-effects of a chemical reaction-“
>>
Ha, I knew it. And I feel like we had this conversation before.
>>
>>27959274
I posted an old conversation.
>>
>>27959355
Oh. I failed to notice "Anonymous" and I assumed it was Vincent.
>>
Shield should convince them enough; you put your nonexistent bits on it. With this “Swamp Cherry” fruit they will not have to rely on you and that other crystal golem alone and, this way, there will be less injuries or fatalities to worry about.

“Ginger Spice… I think we had this conversation before and you said that a curse is a non-existent blabber.”

Red Sulfur turns towards you with a surprised expression. With a smirk, he looks back at his teacher, “That sounds like something you would say indeed, teacher. You do not believe in curses so, how would you know it then?!”

Ginger Spice releases a deep, lengthy exhale. The lime stallion unhurriedly raises his hoof to his muzzle and, with a palpable displeasure, finally says, “Royal Aurora Flare, you are correcth. This ‘Quartz Eyes’ is similahr to the one present hin your ‘Crystal Note’. I’ve did some deeph research into it and whath I discoveredh is rather disturbingh.”

“Disturbing or not,” Red Sulfur stubbornly insists, “That is only the myth in legends.”

“That might be the truth,” Ginger says with present obliviousness.

“What… did it learn?” you ask your friend with a curious uncertainty, “Why is it the same as the ‘Crystal Note’?”

“ ‘Quartz Eye’ is not a gemstone you findh in the wildh or mines, it’s more usualh to stumble in its primordialh form thath ponies throw away as it has no specialh properties or abilitiesh,” he pauses, “Except one. When a pony or anotherh living creature nearby it diesh, it consumes the dyingh screams of it andh, or so the book’s authorh says, the soul of It, and developsh a will of its own; slightly differenth but same as the pony who fell; a ‘Quartz Eye’.”

“Another source claims that it’s a gemstone with sentience, and that’s all there is. That’s how magic works, master.”

“You can’t evenh readh…”

>What now?
>>
>>27959478
Get this cape off that faggot.
>>
>>27959478
Crush it. Nothing good can come from something similar to that damned note.
>>
>>27959504
No, we don't even now what it can do.
>>
>>27959528
Fine, but we're at least doing >>27959501
>>
“I think we better take off your cape, Red Sulfur,” you state with a worry, “Trust me, that thing is… bad.”

Red Sulfur takes a step back. He pushes his hoof against the iris of the crystal holding his cape together and says, “Let’s not get too hasty here. I don’t care what you said or mentioned about a ‘Crystal Note’ or what, but… The ‘Quartz Eye’ is the only reason me and my master are currently here and not imprisoned by the Cloudsdale soldiers.”

“You didh say that.”

“Yes,” Red Sulfur nods as he crosses his eyes with yours, “Even before, it warned me of the birds approaching. It helps me with my alchemical and enchanting work and it keeps my sleep safe and sound. It helps me find the things I need like rare gemstones and treasure in ruins. It’s not a curse and you’re not taking it.”

>What now?
>>
>>27959830
What have you given for it's amazing performance?
>>
>>27959830
Then what did you gave up in order for you to use it.
>>
“And what did you give it in return?” you ask.

He blinks at you, insulted, “What? Why would I give it anything? Then it would obviously be a cursed deal with Tartarus demons, golem. No, I didn’t give it anything. During one of our expeditions I accidently stumbled upon it and attached it to my cape, that’s all. Somehow, this was enough for me to awaken her. This ‘Quartz Eye’ gives me a mental word of warning of any potential dangers as well as hiding items, like a magical compass… That’s all there is.”

>What now?
>>
>>27960000
Despite your quads I don't believe it, Sulfur fuck.
>>
>>27960000
>it consumes the dyingh screams of it andh, or so the book’s authorh says, the soul of It, and developsh a will of its own; slightly differenth but same as the pony who fell; a ‘Quartz Eye’
There is no guarantee that it's evil, but we should tell him about the note as a warning.
>>
>>27960000
Can i speak to your 'Quartz Eye'?
>>
“I don’t believe you, Red Sulfur.”

“Well, that’s your problem,” he says with angry tiredness, “That’s the truth.”

“Listen, I’ve had a ‘Quartz Eye’ myself, too. And it wanted me to do commit horrible things, it asked me to harm other ponies and, in the end, it even tried to make the same pact you say yours won’t before we died.”

“Huh,” he blinks, “You’re a sentient ‘Crystal Golem’. In any other situation I would assume that was your eye’s offer.”

“Can I…maybe, speak to your 'Quartz Eye'?”

“You have to wear the cape to her hear voice and I’m not trusting you enough to give it to you. Since what you said, you will probably take it away from me or try to crush it. Listen, its fine, really. It’s just a sentient gem.” He yawns.

>What now?
>>
>>27960160
If he allows us, do so.
>>
>>27960160
Look I promises to give it back when i'm done talking to her alright.
>>
>>27960160
We may not trust it, but we're a mare of our word. Even if we find out it's just as evil as the note, we'll just give it back.
>>
You look at him with a spark inside your crystal eyes, “I’m a mare of my word. I will return it back.”

Ginger Spice quavers his head as well, “If you do noth have faith in her, trust me, Red Sulfurh. But she’s a warlockh, or so the title of those who use the dark magich is. If there’s anypony who canh make certainh of the ‘Quartz Eye’, it’s herh.”

The reef-gold hued steed sighs and, with annoying glare, takes off his hangings. This is the first time a stallion of any type has decided to undress before you, or so your innocent psyche comments. You do not find Red Sulfur flattering or cute, though, and so it doesn’t bother you that much. You are also heavily concerned with that “Quartz Eye” of his.

The stallion takes a few steps back and, with a tired gesture, motions for you to put the cape on; you do as he wants. It’s strange but nothing happens once the cape is above your shoulders and the strange, trembling iris is touching your crystallized flesh; at the start. Then, there’s a kind and innocent mutter with a flatter of thousands of fabrics.

“You have missed some of the shattered golem parts, revisit your previous battlefield.”

“Hello…?” you ask with uncertainty, “What is your name…?

The voice does not respond. You stand in awkward, empty silence.

>What now?
>>
>>27960590
Attempt to get a feel for it. Do we sense any energies? Ask Sulfur how it speaks to him.
>>
>>27960659
This, but be warned.
>>
I think I'll take a rest here. Thank you all for playing. Don't stop if you still wanted to post a suggestion. Also, good memory guys.
>>
>>27960590
Well it just inform us there are still some shattered golem parts at the battlefield. let see if it can find the oaken bear.
>>
>>27960687
I had a great time Vince.
>>
>>27960687
>>27960780
I did too. U gud.
>>
File: mdb0uupGBT1qg2koco1_500.png (338KB, 431x599px) Image search: [Google]
mdb0uupGBT1qg2koco1_500.png
338KB, 431x599px
>>27960780
>>27960793
T-thanks.
>>
Fuck it, let's waifu Spice.
>>
>>27962786
bump
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27964616
>>
>>27962786
B-but Shield, Anon!
>>
>>27966028
http://www.strawpoll.me/10815105
>>
>>27966028
Well, Ginger HAS done a lot for us.
>>
>>27966295
I know but well, he's pretty damn old.
>>
>>27966315
Yeah. It would still be kinda cute tho.
>>
>>27966315
How old is he?
>>
>>27966655
From his previous description and behaviour I got a feeling he was already elder in Warlock, now add two years.
>>
Hey guys, no quest today as I'm tired and sick.
>>
>>27967906
I forgive you, take care.
>>
>>27966655
Ginger Spice is ~60 years old.
>>
I knew he was old.
>>
Bamp.
>>
Maybe you have any questions? I mean, I'm here I'm just in no condition to write an update today.
>>
>>27968876
How is Aurora's memory? Is it fine or is it shattered and missing prices after her dying?
>>
>>27968982
It's a strange mix of her fake life she made during her "coma" as well as her actual memory, so she's unsure about some things that she remembers; that is not to mention that she recollects only some of the things in her life, as it is usually the case in everyone's life.
>>
>>27968876
If she can move her legs to walk around, why can't she move her face to show emotion or speak properly?
>>
>>27968876
What happened to Wax Candle? I hope that creep died in the mines
>>
>>27969314
Her face is one giant crystal. Imagine a clay figure, you can move the head and the legs but you can't really make it display emotions, right?

>>27969315
You will have to ask or learn about during the Quest. Golden Shield or Spice probably know.
>>
>>27968876
How come you never visit secret club?
>>
>>27969120
Huh. It would be interesting to see that be displayed. Have her be unsure if what she's remembering actually happened or not, maybe confuse the two. I dunno, it's a thought.
>>
>>27969343
Can't be bothered.
>>
>>27970630
>>
>>27971400
>>
>>27972208
>>
Your dark magic pulses through you following your wishful and direct command. The sentient crystal does not exhibit any reaction towards the sinister arcane inside you. In fact, the voice of the fluttering textiles is non-present.

“How does it talk to you?” you ask Red Sulfur as you attempt to put the hood over your head. There’s no difference.

“Well, it’s a mare-like voice,” he says with a bored shrug, “And it sounds like when a wind passes through drying cloth, you know? It doesn’t appear like she consumed your mind or did anything dangerous, right?” he smirks.

You mentally roll your eyes. You raise your crystallized hoof to rub the center of the ‘Quartz Eye’; the iris glowers at you with a lingering expression. Then, after a pause, the boiling ebon eye, with an immense tremble, looks away.

“There’s going to be a dangerous attack from your left side. Take a few steps in opposite direction, or be injured.”

You heed to the voice due to your instinct as well as pure curiosity to analysis it. All of a sudden, the tent wall rips open by a number of twisted, tentacle-like vines. The green, magical flora bursts through the hole before the razor-sharp veins fall dead into the filth filled floor. You take a few, uncertain steps forward. What in Amore’s name?

“Is everypony alright?!” Golden Shield enters the tent with a horrified expression. The stallion appears to be out of breath; his mane is soaked with fresh blood and appears to be crudely cut as well as in absolute disarray. There’s a strange noise akin to a flutter of birds as the innocent looking “Oaken Cub” enters the scene through the new hole.

“Were you fighting it?” you ask Golden Shield in disbelief.

“I did, yes,” he says with a small smile after he’s certain nobody, but him, is injured, “Some friendly training.”

>What now?
>>
>>27974072
I highly doubt the middle of a camp, even if damaged, is a good place for a friendly training with spirit of nature. But hey, this thing responds to us. Can we maybe ask it about itself instead of guessing?
>>
>>27974072
So the 'Quartz Eye' is like a magic compass that not only tell where items are, but where danger to the user is going to happen.
When this whole saving Spitefire is over and we are back at the crystal empire we need to check the artifact book if it has any information on it.
>>
>>27974716
We're totally "requisitioning" the Eye from Red, aren't we?
>>
>>27974742
That sounds bad. "Oh this is a nice thing. It's mine now, Red."
>>
>>27974751
"IT'S FOR THE GOOD OF THE EMPIRE!!!"

But seriously, we could put that thing to better use than that lazy fuck.

>>27974072
Fret over Shield and make sure he's ok and patched up. We went through too much for him to go hurt himself.
>>
>>27974781
I don't like that lazy bum, but I ain't trusting that magical thingy too easily too.
>>
>>27974742
Well we told him we will give it back when we find out what is up with it and we have a good idea what it can do, but not is curse or down side till we find it information from the book. Also the 'Quartz Eye' is different to the 'Crystal note' where we can use magic from the 'Crystal note', but it back fire unless we offer something of equal value to use it, so the spells we cast from it won't back fire on us or those around us.
The 'Quartz Eye' seems to allow the wearer of the cloak to use it's affect whenever and ask for nothing for return it's just that Red seem to rely on it a lot with out doing things on his own.
>>
>>27974716
I think the eye just gives sentience to any object it's on top of, the note just had luck to be on top of a shadow novel. Now, why Red's eye is acting like a Dora's map is another question.
>>
>>27975681
>>
>>27976514
>>
You mentally sigh, “Golden Shield, I highly doubt a middle of the camp is a good place for a spar with Bearwalski. Golden Shield, listen to me, don’t get more hurt than you already are, alright? We’ll need to get you all patch-”

“That’s a sweet name,” Golden Shield replies with a smile of relief, “I’m sure you came up with it.”

“Not… really,” you shake your head in response as you swiftly turn your head towards the crystal eye, “I can hear you, yes. Thanks for the warning but… I’d like to know your name; can you tell me more about yourself, maybe?”

Once again, “Quartz Eye” doesn’t present you a suitable response. Inside your mind your thoughts linger lonely.

“So,” Red Sulfur looks at you with aggravation, “Can I, maybe, have my cape back now?”

With a mental, and awkward, smile, you take a step back, “That might not be a good idea, Red Sulfur. Trust me; it might not be as innocent as you think. I’m sure she has her own motives. I first need to do some addition research.”

Red Sulfur narrows his eyes at you. He raises his hoof, “That will not do, please hang it back. It’s mine and I need it.” The stallion nudges his head at your direction and lazily stumbles forward, “Not only because it is the only thing that saved me multiple occasions, and why my teacher and me are still well, but because it helps with my research. I mean, I healed you did I not? Are you seriously going to take my possession from me; after what you promised?”

>What now?
>>
>>27977931
No. I shall give it back. You need the Quartz Eye to make yourself actually useful, do you not?
>>
>>27977931
The fact the 'Quartz Eye' warn us about Bearwaiski attack and when we put it on it inform us that there are still more crystallized flesh on the battlefield, to me seem like it want to help the wearer as much as it can with wanting nothing in return and that what worry me the most.
>>
“No-no, I will give it back,” you take a step forward, “After all, you need it to make yourself useful, right?”

He narrows his eyes at you, “If that’s how even the sentient statues of the Crystal Empire thank those who helped them, it is not wonder the Empire is in such pitiful state,” he says with a monotone, bored expression. “No, I do not need it to be useful, useful to whom? I’m master’s apprentice and that’s enough for me. It just helped to not die.”

“It still worries me that it wants to help the wearer with no rhyme or reason. There must be something else.”

Ginger Spice furrows his gray eyebrows, “It is a helpful thing, yes. But Royal Aurora has a point...”

Red Sulfur shakes his hoof with obviously stubborn attitude, “At least keep my master’s opinion of you real.”

Golden Shield and Bearwalski exchange a glance; both of them are hopelessly confused.

>What now?
>>
>>27978227
We should inform golden and bearwalski about sulfur magical cloak.
>>
>>27978227
But still, thank you for fixing me Red. I am thankful for that.
>>
>>27978074
Fuck. Should have specified that should have been said in more of a teasing than pointed manner. Now we look like an asshole.
>>
>Do you want to return the cloak, then?
>>
>>27978443
yes return the cloak.
>>
>>27978443
Yeah, duh.
>>
You remove the cloak with a bit of a personal struggle; it is not because you want to keep it, not at all, but, after all the time spent with the demonic entity that was the “Crystal Note”, you turned cautious towards artifacts meant to “benefit” ponies. Even then, the phantom of the “Crystal Note” had an obvious and lucid agenda of his pursuit; the “Quartz Eye” for Red Sulfur’s cloak is a different kind of character altogether. You do not want Sulfur to get hurt.

You remove the cloak with a gentle, and swift, gesture. Red Sulfur accepts his wear with a tired grandiose. The moment the cape lays upon his body it perfectly tightens and straightens with its own, sentient will unaccompanied.

“Perfect fit,” he comments with a tired smirk.

“Just, be careful with it,” you shake your head tiredly, “Still, thank you for fixing me Red. I am thankful for that.”

“Eye for an eye, golem,” he follows with a yawn. “I was wrong so, maybe, you can help me in the future.”

“Right…” you awkwardly rub your shoulder. Fixing that crystal body of yours is an obnoxious task, of course…

“Whatever you three were doing,” Golden Shield says, “I… don’t really mind but… We have to talk.”

“Yesh,” Ginger Spice finally comments. The empty, crystal eyes of the olive stallion glance across the tent.
>>
Golden Shield trots towards one of empty pillows and, with an agile twist, takes a sit. Bearwalski approached the Legate with a friendly step and then climbs over his laps. The lemon-skinned stallion pats the spirit of nature and then, finally, says, “First things first, Ginger Spice: will you be able to reach the Crystal Empire by yourself?”

The “Royal Enchanter” pauses before answering, “No. If it’s only me andh my apprentice, we mighth encounter the ‘Revolution’. Even hish cape is noth going to helph us if they decide to capture ush. We needh an envoy.”

Golden Shield bites his lip, “Yes, that’s a possibility. So either Aurora or Petroglyph’s Golem will have to go with you.”

>Do you add anything to the discussion?

Last post for today.
>>
>>27978891
The golem doesn't have a brain, so it'd be better on escort duty.
>>
>>27978891
Well the golem can go with Ginger.
>>
>>27978891
I say we should go. We would make sure Ginger (our only known way of being properly repaired) gets back safe and sound and if we do run into the Rebellion it would be a great chance to talk to the Vizier's brother and maybe recruit them to our cause. Then again if we send Shield back with only a single mindless golem they might be powerless to stop the Furies.
>>
>>27979463
This sounds reasonable enough. On the other hand I am not sure we will have the time.
>>
You grunt, “All things considered, if I were to go with Ginger Spice and Sulfur then there’s a higher chance of us reaching the Empire safely. That is true, Golden Shield but… are you going to be alright with that golem alone?”

Golden Shield nods at you with a brave smile, “The sooner we are able to tell the Cloudsdale forces of the ‘Swam Cheery’, the sooner we’ll be able to fight those ‘Furies’ on equal ground. Inform the Vizier about what happened here and that she should be preparing the forces if the Equestrian forces would feel like using this opening.”

You shake your head in repose, “That’s true; and you are strong, Golden Shield. As for the Vizier…”

“You oughth to go with the Royalh Golden Shieldh, apprentice,” Ginger Spice says with a note of melancholy.

“Don’t really want to,” his student follows with a bored expression, “I’d rather return to the Crystal Empire, master.”

>What now?
>>
>>27982009
Forgive me Sulfur, but what happened to "I am my master's apprentice"? You could be crucial to the success of this mission with that Eye you trust so much. Not to mention the release of our ponies in Equestrian captivity, building relations with the Equestrians, and the safe return of Legate Golden Shield! Do you have a better reason to not go other than "I don't really feel like it", Red Sulfur?
>>
>>27980199
>>
>>27983970
>>
>>27982597
Maybe he kind of likes Ginger? Like a father figure or something.
>>
>>27985040
or he is lazy and just want to be home sleeping.
>>
>>27985425
Time to inquire, then.
>>
You shake your head in response towards his words, “Forgive me, Red Sulfur but what happened to ‘I am my master's apprentice’?”

The apprentice of the “Royal Enchanter” closes his eyes and pushes a hoof to his mouth to conceal his yawn, “Whatever do you mean golem? I do not see how not following the ‘Legate’ counterweights my unwillingness.”

“Big words,” you hide a mental world-weariness of your own, “If Ginger Spice wants you go with Golden Shield there must be a reason for it, Red Sulfur. You can be of a great help with that enchanted and magical cape of yours.”

Red Sulfur shows an evident lack of thrill or bother, “This cape will be as much help for my master and you. Listen, if I go with the ‘Royal Legate’ my cloak will not assist us much against those ‘Furies’. On other hoof, if I go with you two, it’ll make sure we don’t accidently stagger upon the resistance group. Why do you want it, and me, to go to waste?”

“You’ll be of more use with Spitfire’s rescue, Red Sulfur; you and your ‘Quartz Eye’. Do you not care at all for our comrades currently kept in captivity and the fact that their fate relies on the triumph of this rescue task?”

“Not really, no. As I said, I’m not a fighting monster like you or the ‘Royal Legate’.”

“That’s enough, Aurora, Ginger Spice,” Golden Shield says with a stern concern, “If he’s frightened, don’t force him.”

“Of course I am afraid,” the tired stallion barks, “Why wouldn’t I be? I’m not wearing a ‘Fidelity Helmet’ here.”

“Red Sulfurh,” Ginger Spice raises his head towards him, “I won’th force you but you cannoth stay my apprentice if you do noth show the resolve or hungerh for experimentation and study of the unknownh; you are talented but that’s noth enough. That’sh what makesh an enchanter.”

“I’m still an apprentice under you, master. I’m fine learning and watching what you do.”

>What now?
>>
>>27986520
Coward. A lazy coward, riding the tail of his master. Not to much different than we were...

Sulfur, look at Ginger. Does he look like a "fighting monster"? I don't think so but he saved me and also Shield by extension. You can't improve yourself by relying on somepony else's work. I understand why you would be afraid and even can understand to a degree that you said you do not care about our comrades. I had to die and become this before I really started to think and act for other ponies. Don't live for yourself Sulfur, you'll only be forgotten and die alone. Please Sulfur, I ask you, will you go with my friend and help him?
>>
>>27986520
We should go with Shield. A mindless, magicless golem is much more useful on escort duty.
>>
>>27986829
I'm not sure if I would trust it to get him back home and we need to get back so we can get to work finding the Crystal Heart. Also I think meeting the Revolution would be good for business.
>>
>>27986857
Meeting with the Revolution and finding the Crystal Heart are both good things, but speaking with the Revolution while there are others with us could cause problems and the Heart isn't going anywhere. Helping Shield with a more immediate problem makes it more likely he comes back in one piece and helping the Equestrians would also give us a better reputation with them.
>>
>>27987020
I can't help but to think that this will end up with yet another "rescue mission". Fine, we'll go with Shield. Let's give Ginger a hug before he leaves. Thank him for being a good friend despite our shortcomings.
>>
>>27987292
Also apologize for being a lazy idiot and falling asleep, even though we knew it'd waste all of our free time, and prevent him from getting that dragon blood sample.
>>
>>27988281
>>
“If that’s the case, then… Golden Shield,” you turn towards him with a determined gaze, “I’ll be going with you.”

“I know that I have mentioned this as an alternative,” he answers calmly, “But with the ‘Royal Centurion’ and ‘Royal Agent’, I think I’ll manage. Aurora, I think it would be for the best if you report to the Vizier personally. ”

“Shield, it’s not only that I’m worried about you returning in one piece. It’s been far too long; we need to begin mending our standing and relationship with the ‘United Equestria’. For this, I will need to attend this mission.”

“I understand,” he says with a gullible smile. “Are you fine with Petroglyph’s Golem and Red Sulfur helping you instead, Ginger Spice?” he asks the “Royal Enchanter” with a twist of his head; his lion mane graciously follows.

“That shouldh be fine, yesh,” Ginger Spice answers with trusting shrug, “If I’m correcth, the “Rebelsh” are all foalsh.”

“Children or not, they are still devious. They will be aiming for the ‘Royalty’,” Golden Shield utters with uncertainty.

“Red Sulfur,” your crystallized voice echoes across the tent as you approach the apprentice with a wicked step, “Then, I will not be there to protect Ginger Spice. I trust you to do it in my stead; can you… promise me this?”

His tired, amber eyes crumple against yours, “Of course, I’ll reach the Crystal Empire safely with my teacher.”

You mentally smile, “Then, there’s one last thing Red Sulfur: your master is not a ‘monster’ yet he still, eagerly, jumped in to save me and the ‘Royal Legate’ when we got into a trouble. I know that despite what you say, you have that bravery inside you too. We will not be able to bring this fabled ‘Crystal Empire’ of the past if we don’t start with ourselves. Don't live for yourself, Sulfur; you'll only be forgotten and die alone. I was like you when I was a pony.”
>>
The stallion looks at you with a jaded expression; the air around him is one you cannot read. If takes a while for him to even simply nod in reaction. He yawns and leaves the tent with a promise to gather a few things before you leave.

Now, you approach Ginger Spice, the old stallion looks at you with confusion. It takes you all your strength and will to shoulder your friend in a hesitant, but sturdy, clinch. Ginger responds with a grimace, “Aurora, whath is thish?”

“T-thank you,” the ridiculousness of your golem voice stuttering over itself follows, “For being such a good friend despite that I did all those years ago, and my other shortcomings. Thank you for helping me and saving me back then. I am sorry for falling asleep and making you worried. The ‘Dragon’s Blood’ sample...”

“Oh,” he says with a short smile, “I thoughth about taking experimentingh on your inner organsh first, Royalh Aurora. Your sleeph has nothingh to do with my decisionh. I would ratherh not risk damagingh your lungs, brainh or so on; I’m sure you canh understand why. Once I returnh back to the Crystalh Empire I’ll attempth to find the ‘First Generationh Golems’.”

>What now?
>>
>>27990413
Feel relief that he didn't poke around our innards.
>>
>>27989645
>>
>>27991520
>>
>>27990409
>“If I’m correcth, the “Rebelsh” are all foalsh.”
Brütal.
>>
Oh shit I forgot to give you a suggestion. So we're really splitting. Ginger, random golem #53 and Red will head to the CE and report to cunt in charge. We will go on an adventure with Mudbrick, Meridian and our secret but not really love Shield. That's all fine and dandy, but what about fixing us? There is literally nothing more we can do about it before jumping right into danger's maw again?
>>
>>27992736
Also need to tell Ginger to send for more Fluorite.
>>
>>27993067
We are going back to the crystal empire after we rescue spitefire, so there no point of ginger sending back fluorite.
>>
>>27993211
No, send word to where the mines are so we can have it there and dready when we get back.
>>
>>27993211
The mine is in Manehattan now.
>>
>>27993257
>ready*

Fuck.
>>
>>27992183
>>
Say you had a living breath; then, you would sigh with relief. You conceal the fact that you more than blissful he did not poke around your guts. You had a slight hutch that somepony tampering with your internals could end up badly.

“So, this is then?” you ask, to be sure, “Ginger Spice and Red Sulfur, together with that one golem, are leaving to the Crystal Empire to report to the bitch in charge; and Golden Shield and I will leave to save that Equestrian officer?”

“It appearsh so,” the blind pony follows with a short nod, “Besth or noth, it’s not a badh plan to followh.”

“I don’t want to sound rude,” you grind your head towards him, “But… I’m still damaged.”

“Yesh,” Ginger Spice says, simply acknowledging your concern as a fact, “We don’t have materialsh orh time.”

“So this is then,” you grunt as you look over the vivid cracks and shatters, “I’m going to face ‘Furies’ like this…”

Ginger Spice sighs, “Then take my apprentice with you, despite whath he saysh. You canh never knowh on what magical crystalh formations you’ll end uph stumbling on your missionh; he hash enough talent to repairh you.”

Golden Shield slowly raises his hoof to his chin; he’s dead silent. The resolution heavily hovers inside the damp air.

>What now?
>>
>>27994143
Are... are you certain, Ginger? He has clearly shown he does not want to come with us.
>>
>>27993819
>>
>>27994143
>>27994228
You know what? Let's ask the cape what's best for him, if it says no then we lost nothing anyways, but if it says yes we can gain valuable intel from it, I don't think he'll be useful if his cape isn't happy
>>
>>27997250
You know what? This isn't a bad idea. This cape seems to be the only thing he cares about, so might as well ask it if he should go with us or with Ginger. This will solve it. After the answer we're good to go I think.
>>
>>27997250
>>27997964
I don't think that how the cloak work.
>>
>>27999085
We may ask just to be sure.
>>
Bump for cuddling session with Aurora Flare.
>>
Buying myself a burger and returning home to start writing the update.
>>
“Are you sure, Ginger?” you ask, the sentiment of doubt is present in your voice, “He’s clearly against the very idea.”

“I amh sure,” the “Royal Enchanter” says positively, “As longh as he feelsh that he’s neededh, he’ll co-”

Following the quirk of fate, or the sacred rule of gentelcolt’s codex, Red Sulfur returns straight in the middle of your talk. The stallion, despite his lazy step, catches the abrupt attention of the three ponies present (you included). With a shudder, Ginger’s apprentice fixates the bag of his belongings over his shoulder and raises his eyebrow. He yawns:

“What’s this about?”

“Red Sulfur,” you step towards him, “You trust that cape of yours, do you not?”

“I do…” his voice lingers; the stallion is apparently clueless to your nudge.

“Then, perhaps you can ask your ‘Quartz Eye’ what is best for you? Should you go with us or follow your master?”

“Even if I did,” he says as he shakes his head negative, “She won’t reply. She’s not to make decisions for me.” Red Sulfur takes a step towards his master and then, without a single motion, forces the hood to tighten over his head. “Tell me honestly, golem. You want me to go because you need me, is that it? …Can you promise to protect me?”

You mentally bite your tongue. Amore’s grace…

>What now?
>>
>>28002648
If you will fix us completely when we will get the chance, probably yes.
>>
>>28002648
I will do all in my power to protect you, yes. I will not however promise it to you.
>>
“If you fix us completely when we’ll get the chance then I’ll do everything in my power to protect you.”

“I mean,” He yawns into his shoulder once again, lack of sleep present, “Nopony else can repair you then.”

“I wish that wasn’t the case, yes. I will not however promise it to you.”

“That’s right; you are just a golem after all.” He dangles his hoof in Golden Shield’s direction, “‘Royal Legate’, I’m willing to accompany you two if there’s no risk for my life. She can’t make promises but, what about you?”

Golden Shield throws a glance towards you. With a gentle, kind smile he says, “If you go, you’ll be another pony I shall be protecting, Red Sulfur. Do not worry, if there’s anypony who’s going to get hurt, it’ll be over my dead body.”

Red Sulfur holds his mouth opened for a hollow, silent moment. Then, he clears his throat, “Sounds good…”

“Heh,” Ginger Spice mutters under his old breath. “Thenh that ish settled.”

>Is there anything else you wish to do before you leave towards Cloudsdale?
>>
>>28002893
Let's just say our good byes politely. We still have to train our social skills a bit to not sound rude all the time. Now, what do we do with Bearwalski? Should we take him with us?
>>
>>28002906
Yeah. We can meet up with the Equestrians we'll ask for the kids and hand him off to them.
>>
“What about the ‘Oaken Cub’?” Ginger Spice asks as the though escapes your mind a second after his.

“I suggest we take him with us, Ginger Spice,” you nod towards your friend, “Then, I can give him to my foals.”

“Yourh foals?” Ginger Spice asks in a sudden, staggered gesticulation, “Oh, the two? Well, it’s yourh bear cubh.”

Golden Shield and Red Sulfur both look hurt to be apart from some sort of “inside knowledge”. You mentally blush.

>Then it is settled; it’s time for the four of you to go. You hope that Ginger Spice will reach the Empire safely.

The next post is going to be a big one as I'll be skipping the traveling back. Thus, I'll write it tomorrow. Sorry for the slow update schedule and miniature session.
>>
>>28003028
Thou art forgiven.
>>
see you tomorrow bump
>>
>>28003028
Oh yeah, we should probably explain to the two (or at least Shield) about the kids.
>>
>>28007211
One minute you turn into a golem, then one minute later you are a mother of two.
>>
>>28007339
Such is life in glorious Crystal Empire.
>>
>>28007339
How time flies.
>>
B-u-m-p
>>
“Um, well,” you allow your voice to break into a giggle, “It’s a long story, Shield. Amore, where do I even begin…?”

Your return to the shadow of Cloudsdale was met with a lukewarm unwelcome. While the journey back was secure and swift, it did not stop the last drop of vinegar ruining the entire memory of your experience; the pegasi were hesitant of your arrangements and you could spot an obvious flame of hostility burning in their eyes. It was not until the arrival of a “Wonderbolt Officer” under the given name of “Fleetfoot” that they finally permitted you to enter the remains of their battlefield. Out of all the ponies present, Fleetfoot was keeping a close eye on Shield especially.

First, Fleetfoot made sure the “Element of Harmony” was on your hooves; then, she guided you towards a command pavilion. To call it a pavilion, though, or even a tent, would have been a massive overstatement. With an unsophisticated, dirty carpet and a ripped, just barely held together canopy, it resembled more of a rudimentary house of a homeless than a meeting spot for the leaders of “Cloudsdale” and the representatives of the Empire.

Perhaps, it was meant to be an insult. If so, Golden Shield and Red Sulfur gave it no attention.

Once the four of you, Bearwalski included, crossed the threshold of the command pavilion, you came in contact with three other ponies: Soarin, Gliding Wind and the newly met Fleetfoot; either Verity or the Pie Sister were nowhere to be seen. The three of them refused to start your meeting until the “Element of Harmony” was returned. Without a moment of hesitation Golden Shield presented the ruby-red medallion back to its “Initiate”. She took it back with a surprisingly nervous, even mad, grip. Despite the presence of her helmet, you could swear you heard a sob inside.

To think they’ve gathered and were prepared to send all of your forces to rescue one single pony…
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gt7tnpiDsg

“We’re not sure how much of this ‘Swamp Cheery’ we’ll be able to collect this fast,” Soarin says anxiously.

“The more you get, the better,” Golden Shield retorts with an official attitude, “How much do you know of this ‘Warden Tree’, ‘Cloudsdale Commander Soarin’?”

“Not much,” he says shortly after a brief though, “Aside from it being a massive tree and some folktales, that is.”

>It seems the discussion is in full swing. Do you have anything to ask or add?
>>
>>28010140
Request to see the foals we hooved(?) over to them after the first meeting with Spitfire.
>>
>>28010211
Forgot to add that we ask after the meeting here is over. For now we let someone much more experienced and competent to the talking. Golden Shield.
>>
>>28010227
Sounds good enough.
>>
>>28010140
Let's try to praise Gliding wind to cheer her up, she really is a good fighter and it was only the birds showing up when they did that caused her to lose the fight, and we respect that. With the element back in the proper hooves, it'll be even more effective against our foes if she's there to help.

Also we should have the oaken cub delivered to the foals if we can't get a chance to see them in person.
>>
>>28010268
Maybe is we have a chance we should inquire about the Element and how we were able to use it.
>>
“You said mythologies; such as?” Golden Shield holds the question presentably.

“They say that the ‘Warden Tree’ enroots the gates of Tartarus. Old Mare’s tale,” Fleetfoot answers instead.

Red Sulfur and you exchange uncertain glances: myths or not that is something obviously worth considering.

Despite the shadow of her metal helmet, you can feel Gliding Wind’s perusal silently judging you. You wait patiently until there’s a pause in their talk during which you can step in without appearing indecorous. Thankfully, it doesn’t take long for the right moment to emerge in-between their heated, but calculative, conversation. You turn towards the ‘Initiate of Harmony’ with a soft tremble in your voice, “Gliding Wind, I hope we can cooperate.”

She answers back with a heavy whisper, “What do you mean?” …Is she not happy or what?

“Yes,” you add an optimistic note to your crystallized pitch, “You’re a powerful fighter. I’m glad you are coming.”

“Right,” she says with another uncertain glance; it doesn’t come out as if she’s the same pony you fought previously.

“With the ‘Element of Harmony’ back in its proper hooves, it'll be even more effective against the brass birds!”

“It’s not in proper hooves.”

“What… do you mean?”

“Somepony more deserving to wield it was turned into a mindless statue of your king.”

>What now?
>>
>>28010552
That seems very important to get more information about, also we should offer our condolences as we had not known about this occurring
>>
>>28010624
Isn't she talking about her friend? The one that sacrificed herself so she could go free..
>>
>>28010552
I'm sorry for your friend, I truly am. I not do not however claim him as my king. I fight only for my friends and the Crystal Ponies, not the monsters that have ruled. You may have noticed that my fate is not too different than hers. I hope to some day find a cure for myself and with Amore's grace, your friend aswell.

Aurora's tone should be mostly respectful, just to clarify.
>>
>>28010624
>>28010670
Yes, her friend in Crystal Warlock that was made the head guard in place of Shield while he was away during campaigns.
>>
“I’m sorry for your friend,” you tell her with a condescending nod, “I’m sorry for what happened back then, when we met. I could not keep an eye on your friend but I share her fate; look at me, there’s barely any difference between the fortune of your friend and me, Gliding Wind. Do you think I’ll think of that pony, the evil tyrant, as my king?”

Golden Shield narrows his eyes with a harsh recline. Red Sulfur lazily leans against one of the supporting pillars.

“Then what are you fighting for?” she asks you straight; her voice is monotone but demanding.

Meanwhile, “Cloudsdale Commander Soarin” and Golden Shield are keeping a keen eye upon the crudely drawn map; they are both deep in though. Fleetfoot, strangely, has an eccentric, flirty gawk placed upon your stallion friend.

You mentally clear your throat, “For the crystal ponies and my friends. I wish for the end of this war. . I hope to someday find a cure for myself and with Amore's grace, your friend as well. I hope we can work together.”

“…We’ll see,” she answers with a presentable and oily dot in your discussion. That went better than expected.

“We have a reason to assume that those metal birds were once the prisoners of ‘Tartarus’ and that they are the so-called mythical ‘Furies’: the creatures of strife and vengeance,” Golden Shield explains to the pegasi forces present.

Fleetfoot smirks out of her stupor, “Won’t that basically be like building a cottage in the middle of a top-security prison you have just escape from if that is the case, Legate?”

“If that is where their nest is, and the myths of the location of Tartarus gates are true then… basically yes.”

>What now?
>>
That's it for today. Thank you for playing.

Question of the night:
What's your favorite thing about this CYOA?
What's about the least favorite thing? Be fair.
>>
>>28011358
That's a hard question, one that I'll probably have a better answer to after ponder a while. For now I'll say that when you commit to growing/expanding upon a character you do a fantastic job. The flashback was great, even teared up a bit. Not cry though. I only let super great cyoas make me cry. Anywho, a small complaint is that I don't feel as though Aurora has a completely coherent character but that's likely the fault of the players.
>>
I like it
>>
>>28011358
I like that you try to come up with more or less different personality for each pony we meet on our way. I've seen your sheet thingy and I must say I find it to be a great idea for character sketching. Of course the more we know about a certain character, the more traits and behaviours should be visible, and I'm pretty sure you can do it. Ginger and Shield feel pretty lively, I authentically hate Vizier and Verity, I miss Scarab and her "I'm a hero of my own adventure story" schtick. Hell, even Red Sulfur isn't your average lazy fuck with this mysterious cape of his. He genuinely cares about it. Flashbacks are also great.

What I don't like is the fact that you tend to make Aurora sound a bit rude and somewhat angry when nobody precises how she should behave in a given situation or how should she sound when talking. As >>28012414 said, her character seems a little inconsistent, but it may be the player influence, for some of us actively try to make her a better pony.

I don't know what to feel about the possibility of a bad end. I mean, I like when QM can actually punish us for dumb shit, but I believe he should give us as many clues as possible without leading us through the puzzles and decisions before bringing down the hammer. Thanks for giving us a second chance in case of failure during fight with Verity, but I think the whole fight shouldn't happen in the first place. It was just one faggot bitching hard enough to make you listen.

I like how descriptive you can be with all the feelings and environment. I think you improved since Crystal Warlock. There are some minor and barely visible typos and stuff like that, but this is not a complaint, just a notice. I'm pretty sure there is at leas one in my post here too, so yeah.

I'm not a critic, but I hope this helps you. You're good ya faggot.
>>
>>28013476
>>
>>28015064
>>
“I’m assured that you know that we will not allow any of our forces to join yours directly,” Soarin replies dryly.

“It’s not a surprise,” Golden Shield follows without a single flinch, “After all, it’s possible that I am still a target of one of the ‘Furies’, I wouldn’t want to risk the lives of my soldiers either, ‘Cloudsdale Commander Soarin’.”

“Every single pony of the invasion forces must participate in this mission if they wish a pardon,” Gliding Wind says.

“I know that much,” Golden Shield follows with a strike of his hoof, “But our mission is to save your previous commander, not to engage or win a battle with the ‘Furies’. But I will still be dividing my forces. The fewer ponies fight with one of them demons, the more we can have proceeding with the rescue operation, and do you not agree with me on that?” His cold, determined glare sets upon Gliding Wind, the “Initiate of Harmony”.

“Agreed,” Gliding Wind’s voice hollowly follows through the gate of her helmet, “But the “Wonderbolts” will only act once the time is just right to engage in the rescue of ‘Commander Spitfire’. The ‘Furies’ are your problem.”

“Of course, it is no wonder you want to use us as nothing more than bait,” Golden Shield says with a sigh.

>Anything to do?

>>28014098
>>28012414
Greatly appreciated.
>>
>>28016779
>“I’m assured that you know that we will not allow any of our forces to join yours directly."
If the elements were the only thing that worked against the furies, isn't having the Empires forces facing them alone a suicide mission?
>>
“Now hold down a minute,” you persevere, “When I held the ‘Element of Harmony’ it was the only thing that could stop the birds, I’m not sure if you are all aware. Won’t simply sending us straight on be a suicidal mission?”

“Don’t forget your place,” Fleetfoot says with a grim monotone, “Your soldiers and you are prisoners working for their pardon; it is only natural that you will be put in the most dangerous situation. This is what you must do.”

“Indeed,” Soarin continues the dialogue as he trails the pressure of his peer, “What you do with your army is up to you, Golden Shield; as long as you are able to keep the furies at bay. It shouldn’t be hard with your ‘Swamp Cheery’, right?” Soarin drills his question forward; it was certain Soarin was making sure Shield knows all the dangers present.

“I alone should be enough,” the “Royal Legate” says with an echoing sense of grandiose, “This is of no surprise.”

“Still,” Fleetfoot continues with a flirtatious smile, “Don’t get hurt or die too much, Legate.”

>What now?
>>
>>28017112
Quiet distain and aggrivation at Fleetfoot. Floozie, even hitting on the general of their sworn enemy.

Really Aurora is just jelous.
>>
>>28017202
Actually, this time I don't think Aurora can completely help herself.

"He won't on my watch." Or something to that effect.
>>
You quietly mutter an incomprehensible curse; then, you whisper a second, a much more wicked one. Despite your hardest to keep your feeling in your crystallized, golem chest, it ends up being impossible. The hollow, jealous voice breaks their awkward, heavy pause, “He won’t. Not on my watch.” Fleetfoot gives you an obviously insulted glance.

“So the two of you are going together, Aurora Flare?” Soarin briefly smiles at this, “Then I have no worries.”

“I did not agree to this yet,” Golden Shield says as he turns his head towards you. He sighs, “But… I imagine so.”

“Of course, I’m the only pony in this room that successfully fought those things,” you say with a prideful joust.

You catch Gliding Wind’s attention. The ‘Element of Harmony’ is now successfully hid inside her necklace armor but you can still see, and feel, the faint, harmonious energy scorching inside of it. With a sigh, she rubs her sweating neck.

“Why don’t you just take off your armor?” Fleetfoot questions casually, “Are you not hot; you look like it? This is why we have abandoned steel so many years ago and are now using the uniquely crafted, latex uniforms, Gliding Wind.”

“Abandoning metal armor… just listen to yourself,” she says with an exhausted path. “Are we not soldiers?”

>What now?
>>
>>28017494
Was she wearing that armor on the battlefield?
>>
>>28017517
Yus.
>>
>>28017494
I agree Gliding Wind. It must take a strong pony fight in full plate. But please, there is no battle at hoof. There is no point in exhausting yourself before the next fight begins.
>>
>>28017629
This is the voice of reason. Heavy armour will make her vulnerable in the long run.
>>
File: CS Gliding Wind.png (56KB, 720x539px) Image search: [Google]
CS Gliding Wind.png
56KB, 720x539px
“I agree with you, Gliding Wind,” you say with a bit of sincerity, “But that heavy armor is going to weight you down and make you vulnerable in the future. You’re a graceful flier; imagine what you can do without that armor on you?”

“It trains me as well as protects me, golem,” she answers back dryly, “Every second inside it is a second prepared.”

“We still don’t want you to overwork yourself so that you’ll lose your conscious in the middle of your travel, Gliding Wind,” Soarin says with a short smile. He’s quick to return his gaze back to the maps before him.

“At least take off that helmet of yours,” Fleetfoot shudders, “It’s making me uncomfortable.”

You can imagine, by the way she moved, that Gliding Wind more than likely rolled her eyes. With en exasperated sigh the ‘Initiate of Harmony’ put her hoof against the neck of her helmet and gently lifted it off her head. There was an echoing, loud sound of a heartbeat. Red Sulfur, with wide-open eyes and a red flush, is standing frozen still.

“I won’t lie, it is much better, “Gliding Wind says as she takes a deep, cold breath.

>What now?
>>
>>28017769
Ask her about the Element. Can only certain ponies use them? Once talks are wrapped up request to see the foals. We'll probably do that while Shield gathers the troops.
>>
>>28017769
Damn, she's a real cute pegasus, and Red Sulfur seems to think so too. Let's ask more about the element, knowing why it works in certain situations and for whom will help in the long run.
>>
>>28017769
I request a perk of reading body language by now.
>>
>>28017769
Well I think sulfur is happy that he came.
>>
“Are you okay over there?” you sneer at Red Sulfur inoffensively.

The apprentice of Ginger Spice puts a hoof over his mouth and, with an awkward glance, yawns into it, “Ah, yes, just woke up from your boring strategy talk, that’s it.” He fakes another yawn and pushes his hood even further down.

You shake your head with a silent grind. You turn towards Soarin and then Gliding Wind: “This might sound absurd but… The moment I held the ‘Element of Loyalty’ in my hoof, it responded to me. It flashed with a powerful energy that was strong enough to push one of the ‘Furies’ back. Is it possible for other ponies besides you two to use it?”

“Are you saying that the ‘Element of Harmony’ considered you worthy?” the cute Pegasus pony asks you.

“I… If that’s what it implies, then yes,” you do not hide your worth, “I was loyal, was I not?”

Golden Shield allows himself to chuckle; he stands up to your defense, “It takes either being round the bend or loyal to do what she did.”

“Maybe she’s a little bit of both, “Soarin follows Golden Shield’s remark with his own. They both smirk; stallions…

Gliding Wind keeps her purple, solidified eyes upon you. One she makes sure you are able to stand against her gaze, she takes a stride forward and places her strange, albeit well-made, helmet upon the table. She says, “I guess you will not use this information against us, and even three years ago Sombra said he already knew. We three are only the ‘Initiate of Harmony’, golem. The necklaces of the elements refuse to take the shape of our Cutie Marks. It seems you have to do something outrageous for them to recognize you as the ‘Element Bearer’, or place them all together…”
>>
“Even still, you were able to use them; Verity as well.”

“It strengthens your powers, gives you a surge of energy. As long as you are the true representative... it works.”

“Then how come you can’t find the last remaining ‘Initiates’?”

“It is not up to me, I am just a worthy bearer. It seems Kindness, Generosity and Magic as not so prevalent.”

Golden Shield is taking all of this information with an obvious interest. He crosses his eyes with Gliding Wind, she grins like a victim of a war. Oh, that is correct; the reason of her metallic wings was the encounter with Golden Shield way back in the day, when she and her friend, Standing Ground, entered the Crystal Castle…

“I see. Soarin, what about my foals? I would like to see them.”

“That is impossible,” he replies back, “They are on their way to Canterlot City.”

>What now?
>>
>>28018190
Express sadness and disappointment.
>>
>>28018190
That's unfortunate... what will come of them? They are being treated well I hope. I ask because I want our Oaken cub to be in better hooves. I know that it is of much less importance but I was given a vision. The very forest is suffering and dying because of this conflict. The Earth itself detests this war.
>>
To not make y'all wait, that's all for today.
>>
>>28018524
Really great session today Vince.
Thread posts: 405
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.