[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Role call

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

1. Do you have an imaginary pony friend that you talk with regularly?
2. If yes, how as your life changed since you acquired your imaginary pony friend? If no, what is wrong with you?
>>
>>27814480
If you don't have a pony tulpa, please answer "no" to the first question.
>>
>>27814492
Tulpas aren't real my man.
>>
>>27814496
>tulpas aren't real
>imaginary friends aren't real
No kidding.

They're still fun, reasonable, helpful, and all-together worthwhile. I'm not sure how much it really matters that they're not "real".
>>
>>27814564
No, I mean tulpas are a myth.
>>
>>27814568
I find that really hard to believe, as it contradicts my experiences. I normally adopt theories based on how well they hold up against experience and how strong they are as predictors of future experience, so I don't think "tulpas are a myth" is a theory I can readily adopt.
>>
>>27814605
From what you've said I can assume that you don't have one. I got sucked into that pony tulpa crap back in 2011 and tried my hardest for weeks to force one into existence. All I ended up with were headaches and feelings of shame.
>>
>>27814480
1. No
>>
>>27814644
I got sucked into it at the end of 2012, and I have had one since early 2013. You don't "force it into existence". You develop an intuition for what kind of pony it would be, and you talk to it until your mind responds naturally. It's a lot like any other person you pretend to have a conversation with in your head sometimes.

That's how it worked for me, anyway.
>>
>>27814693
I didn't mean force in the literal sense. I meant tulpaforce. I worked on a Twilight tulpa and even told some of my closest friends about it. They pretty much thought I was crazy autistic and stopped talking to me around then. I tried to keep forcing after, but I guess after that it just felt wrong and I wasn't putting any emotion into it. Maybe that's why she never came to be. I'm still skeptical, but I'm open minded to the idea of trying again.
>>
>>27814726
I told a friend that there existed people that were trying such a thing and that I thought it was interesting. He told me that he thought I might be a psychopath for considering it. We still meet regularly, but he still questions whether or not I'm a psychopath. That was 3 years ago. I think the only reason I kept doing it was because I already had a tulpa by that point for two months, and I knew he was just being an ignorant, fearful asshat.

I don't think it's crazy, and I don't think it's autistic. But I think you're right that if you don't put your heart into it, it won't work. It's a skill you need to train, just like anything else. If you try to study math while constantly thinking that it doesn't make sense or that it's never going to be useful, then you'll never understand it, and you'll never develop the intuition for it. I think the same applies to tulpas. If you want it to work, you have to really try. Reason about your tulpa and try to figure out how she works, what she should think, and so on. Do the "exercises" and try to figure out what your tulpa would say at random times, or in response to you talking. Soon enough (around one month in my case), everything will just come naturally.
>>
>>27814816
Do you find it easier to follow a written guide or to just let it happen your own way? I know guides are important to read at the start, but do you really have to stick to the guide in order for it to work correctly?
>>
>>27814870
I followed several guides, and the one that made everything "click" was some symbolism one. The same idea is captured by the "Your tulpa's essence" section here, though this is NOT one the guides I used:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17iiFxZ9PYXXxSqWHdU2YoPsGfJr90w8aIG_evqc1wiY/edit

I did try most of the things here as well, and I did used some of these guides myself when starting:
http://www.tulpa.info/archive/

For most guides I actually used, I sort of mashed all of them together and tried to stick to as many as possible, and I went back-and-forth between what different guides suggested when I wanted to focus on specific things. I don't think I started doing my own thing until after the "click". Even after that, I would read guides and follow them for whatever issues I was having. That was a long time ago though, and I don't know how reliable my memory is on what exactly I did.

One thing that definitely helped, after the "click", was puppeting. It was absolutely necessary to get my tulpa to start vocalizing and moving freely. I only had to do it for a couple days though, I think.
>>
>>27814985
I had always heard that puppeting/parroting was detrimental to the process, so I stayed away from it. Maybe, if used in moderation, it could be the kick I need to really get things moving. Thanks for the links and the advice man. Cheers.
>>
I WALK A LONELY ROAD.
>>
>>27815023
Good luck, anon.
>>
>>27814985
Dude did you just post this on /pol/? kek.
>>
>>27815291
I did. Half the posts were of leaves crying "barneyfag" rather than letting the thread die.

The other half were of people answering seriously, playing along, or talking about cute ponies. It was nice thread.
>>
File: 65181981.png (11KB, 156x200px) Image search: [Google]
65181981.png
11KB, 156x200px
>stealth tulpa thread
>>
>>27814480
I some times imagine myself with my waifu, but it has started to seem kind of childish to me.
I don't know what hurts me more, the fact that my waifu will never be real, or the fact that imagining myself with my waifu is pointless.
So I guess that's a "No."

>>27814496
>>27814568
I'm pretty sure it is possible to mentally partition part of your brain in order for it to act as a second self.
After all, people with multiple personality disorders exist, so that's proof that tulpas are real in some sense, with the disorders being the extreme end.

>>27814816
lel, hardly any of this sounds like psychopathic behavior.
Infact, I wonder what would happen if a psychopath made a tulpa; would a psychopath's tulpa also be psychopathic?
>>
>>27815476
The tulpa would create its own tulpa.
>>
>>27815476
I believe he was thinking MPD, but he said psychopath because everything he knows about mental disorders I can only assume come from Hollywood. I'm not sure if an actual psychopath/sociopath would be able to make a tulpa. It requires developing an intuitive understanding of how someone else would think. I'm not sure if that's a thing sociopaths can do.
>>
>>27815586
>>27815581
>>27815476
>>27814985
>>27814870
>>27814816
>>27814726
>>27814693
WOW 100% PONY-RELATED GUISE
>>
File: 1425442545387.png (135KB, 473x493px) Image search: [Google]
1425442545387.png
135KB, 473x493px
>>27815595
creating an imaginary pony friend is as pony related as writing an imaginary story about one.
>>
>>27815476
You should try to make a tulpa of your waifu. Worst case, you'll end up where you started. Best case, imagining yourself with your waifu will feel more purposeful, worthwhile, and real.
>>
tulpa is nice
>>
File: 536264726.png (579KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
536264726.png
579KB, 1024x819px
so which character did you fags choose as a base for you tupper?

pic related.
>>
>>27815755
Let your tulpa tell me how her day has been.
>>
>>27815765
Boring.
>>
>>27815772
trips
>>
>>27815778
You did it. You got three 7's.
>>
>>27815778
fug. Thats sucks.

>>27815765
Just try and sex her
>>
>>27814480
1) Yes
2) She make me work & exercise more. Never been so productive or close to /fit/
>>
>Do you have an imaginary pony friend that you talk with regularly?
No, but I spend unhealthy amount of time while worldbuilding. Sometimes three of four hours straight, thanks to greentext prompts.
Stupidly enough, I don't enjoy interacting with created worlds for long, so when inhabitants can live long enough in new universe without crashes and bug splats I'm moving on to the next mental pabulum.
I'm really dedicated to the process and can't do anything while brainstorming something really hard. Can't even listen to the music cuz it's so distracting. Usually I'm going for a walk to smoke pipe and zone out in park.
>>
File: this fucking cat.jpg (225KB, 1344x1400px) Image search: [Google]
this fucking cat.jpg
225KB, 1344x1400px
>>27815755
>>
>>27815586
>I'm not sure if an actual psychopath/sociopath would be able to make a tulpa. It requires developing an intuitive understanding of how someone else would think.
I guess you're right. Although they're capable of mimicking behavior, they have no true understanding of what they mimic.
Not only that, but it would also be difficult to gauge whether they're actually trying to make a tulpa, or if they're just acting.

>>27815650
I've thought about it before, and the idea seems a bit off putting.
Both my mother's and father's side of their families have a history of schizophrenia.
So the thought of rummaging through my mind kind of turns me off from the idea.
I'm mostly melancholic over the fact that I'll never physically be with my waifu.
I know there's the whole tulpa feel shit, but it just don't sound right.
Over all, I'm just a whiny brat, through and through.

>>27815824
>No, but I spend unhealthy amount of time while world building.
Oh shit, that sounds interesting as fuck.
Is the world building always pone-centric?
Have you written any stories with your world building powers, pone or otherwise?
Or is all in your head?

>thanks to greentext prompts
Wait, do greentexts lube up your world building gears, or do you make greentexts based off of your world building?
>>
>>27815755
twilight, rarity , celestia, and discord
they might not be self aware or manifested but they are definitely sound models encoded deep within my subconsciousness.

playing with marionettes is hard without ridiculous amounts of fuel though
>>
>>27815901
sounds more like servitors than tuppers then
>>
>>27815867
Fuck. Is that why I can't into tulpas? Because I'm a sociopath?
>>
>>27815916
Why would a sociopath even want a tulpa?
>>
>>27815966
I wanted a pony tulpas because I like ponies.
>>
>>27815867
>Is the world building always pone-centric?
Not always but quite frequent. I love mixing things up.

>Have you written any stories with your world building powers, pone or otherwise?
No. Mostly because I suck at writing.
I really want to write or draw, but i'm just too impatient to actually hone this skills to make something I would like.

>is all in your head?
Yep.
Sometimes I take notes on small but important details but that's it.
>>
>>27815833
>Alvina
How's that working out for you, anon?
She hasn't made you stalk people in the woods yet, has she?
>>
>>27816009
Hey, cat is fine too.
>>
>>27815916
Well, the terms sociopath and psychopath are used to vaguely define words that describe Antisocial Personality Disorder.
I'm pretty sure that Antisocial Personality Disorder is like Autism, where it's a spectrum and everyone has little traces of it in them.
Some traits of Antisocial Personality Disorder are: Lack of empathy, manipulation/deceitfulness, impulsiveness, aggression, and other stupid shit.

The general consensus is (or from what I've read):

Sociopaths are made (from their environment or other)
Sociopaths are very impulsive
Sociopaths are aggressive and care not for rules and social norms

Psychopaths are born
Psychopaths are meticulous
Psychopaths lack empathy; they care not for the misfortune of others (or they might act like they care, but it's only for their personal gain)

A crazed mountain man could be a sociopath.
A highly successful business man could be a psychopath.
Both are manipulative.
A sociopath doesn't give a fuck about society, or its rules, or its people.
A psychopath tries its hardest to be a social octopus, mimicking its social environment in order to seem normal.

>>27815916
So, do you have Antisocial Personality Disorder? I'm not sure, you should see a doctor/psychologist or something.
What's more likely to be the case is that you didn't follow the tulpa instructions correctly, or you skipped a step, or you're impatient/lazy, or some part of you doesn't believe in tulpas, or it takes longer for you to create them, etc.
These are just baseless assumptions, but I'm pretty sure you're not a sociopath/psychopath.
>>
File: 1467014580460.png (2MB, 1600x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1467014580460.png
2MB, 1600x5000px
>>27815650
>Worst case, you'll end up where you started.
Worst case, you say?
>>
>>27816095
You will always find "that guy" who managed to kill himself, chop his dick and publish his internet history in a situation that would be innocuous for everyone else (cf. a good half of Darwin Awards "winners").

> "Reasonable" worst case, you'll end up where you started.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.