[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Keep reading, please. What did she mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: the star in yellow.png (455KB, 704x629px) Image search: [Google]
the star in yellow.png
455KB, 704x629px
>Keep reading, please.

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>27711540
You have an enormous penis, and she would like to watch you suck yourself and cum in her hair.
>>
>>27711540
Pretty sure Twi interacting with the book was slowly causing it to come to life, ala Chamber of Secrets.
>>
>>27711558
Nah, it's not coming to life she's just going mad. Assuming that it's like The King in Yellow.
>>
>>27711650
Actually in the fanfic, Yellowstar physically pulls Twilight out the burning farm before she finnish the book sacrificing herself. Big Mac even comments on it
>>
>>27711558
This, basically.
When you reach the end of the book, she becomes real and would destroy the world as we know it.
>>
>>27711785
Yep. The closer to the end of the book Twilight was the more real Yellowstar became. By the end she was actually real, though not with her full magic potential, and disappeared as soon as the book got burnt.
That's the whole point of Yellowstar. Once you start reading the magic hooks you in and forces you to finish the book to unleash its powers.
>>
>>27711824
2deep4MLP.jpeg
>>
>this looks nice
>30k words
>>
File: image.png (493KB, 942x690px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
493KB, 942x690px
>>27711858
You sure about that?
>>
>>27711870
yeah, it's relatively short, but it's just the right length.
>>
File: sp.gif (42KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sp.gif
42KB, 600x1200px
>Keep eating
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: bait.png (121KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
121KB, 600x400px
>>27711886
>short
>>
>>27711892
>30k words
>long
are you fucking 15?
>>
>>27711650
>>27711785
You can actually see how confusing this RDP is. Not the best RDP imo.
>>
>>27711872
That episode was fairly easy to understand. Spike wanted to make Rarity happe so he gave her a book that makes her powerful but corrupts her in the process. Don't overestimate the writer's skills. They know what they're doing.
>>
>>27712412
I wouldn't say so, it's just that it's parodying an actually good fic instead of the trashy fics like cupcakes and rainbow factory or little dashie, so it's also less of just ridiculing the original fanfic. But you actually need to know the source material to fully understand the parody, and that's expectable. A parody is not supposed to tell you the whole original story, you should already know it.
>>
>>27712452
>But you actually need to know the source material to fully understand the parody,
Another contrary to what many RDP fans say. "You don't have to know source material to understand RDP." Many people understood Cupcakes, or My Little Dashie and what they're about without without having to read source material. It's safe to say it's not expected for RDP to force it's readers to read source material to understand what it's parodying is about. This one just breaks that rule. Considering how many comments regarding confusion on whats going on that ive seen in EQD, youtube, and /mlp/, (and reddit?), breaking that rule wasn't a good move.
>>
>>27712532
>>27712452
I'm sorry, I know how positive motivation can help make Greg make more RDP, but if he's going to take a route of "animating deep lore fanfics" rather than parody it, I'd say Bittersweet should have been the last one.
>>
File: 1445803114882.jpg (115KB, 525x525px) Image search: [Google]
1445803114882.jpg
115KB, 525x525px
>>27711922
>>
>>27712532
I meant it in general, when you're watching a parody of something, it's expected that you know the source it's parodying. Though I agree that this is probably the first RDP you actually need to know the source beforehand to really appreciate it. It makes sense, since Cupcakes, Spiderses etc. aren't really stories at all, they're just cheap gorefics.

On the other hand I've never read Haunting Nightmare and I feel like I'm missing out on stuff on that RDP as well.

>>27712558
But it's still a parody, the only difference is that now instead of laughable shitty fanfics the original fic is good and has a proper story. Personally I welcome this more than another cringefic.
>>
>>27712617
>when you're watching a parody of something, it's expected that you know the source it's parodying.
I'm not that anon youre talking to but Id like to interject.

I can agree to that, but it should be expected to know what's going on regardless if you know the source material. Otherwise, it's just bad story telling. Parody isn't an excuse into making your audience confused. That ending just doesnt make sense on first impressions, forcing the audience to watch it again, and that would guarantee you a failing grade on film studies.

RDP always has been something I can show to my friends and neice and laugh about. This one would just confuse them.
>>
>>27712794
Yeah, I agree with you on that. I'd say you can easily guess that the book is about Celestia and Luna even without knowing the story, and Spike's interjection points out that it's some spell mindfuckery at Twilight's side, but the whole cut into the barn and then into the dialogue with Celestia was rushed and confusing. That actually diverges from the original story a lot so it came out of a left field even for me. Feels like the team was trying to meet certain deadlines/budget so they shortened the ending quite a lot without much explanation.
>>
File: 1457962256652.jpg (118KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
1457962256652.jpg
118KB, 1024x887px
>>27713053
>>
>>27711540
I don't know but she sure is best pony.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.