[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miracle CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 14

File: 083.png (24KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
083.png
24KB, 1000x1000px
Catch up at https://www.anonpone.com/miracle/

>Last thread, we practiced some magic and saw a dragon Biggs dislikes.

Nimrod teleports us to a platform a small distance from the city and takes a moment to catch her breath.
"Alright, first of all this isn't a competence, and I'd preffer it if you worked in groups."
"Miss?" Calls out Pip, a boy slightly younger than Selene. "How will we do this without knowing spells?"
"Boy, we ain't no dirty mages. I am training arcanists here, I am already teaching you the bases. Make up your own spells as you go," She turns to the chest behind her, "Think of this as helping in my research. You will have to try breaking rock I made, in whatever way you can, while making sure to write down everything you do." She takes some small stones from the chest. "This has several tools and minerals to help you with it. Any questions?"
>>
Bump?
>>
>>27708382
Are there any rules besides "break the rock"? Also do we get to know what kind of rock ot is, or do we have to figure that out for ourselves?

Other than that, no. I'm ready to go.
>>
File: 084.png (24KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
24KB, 1000x1000px
>>27709264
"Do we have to do anything besides that?" I ask.
"No, I am just testing the strength of the stone. And you haven't seen it, I just made it. I'll be back in an hour or so. And remember to write everything down, there's plenty of paper and pens in the chest." She charges her horn and teleports away, leaving us alone.
>>
>>27709664
Take a look at the rocks she took out of the chest. Examine them. Click them together. Is there anything special about them?
>>
>>27709756
I grab one in telekinesis and hit it against the other, but they make no sound.
>>
>>27709818
Odd that they have no sound. Do they make a sound when hit against something else, like the floor? What about when whipped through the air? These don't seem like normal rocks.
>>
>>27709818
What do they feel like?
>>
>>27709861
>>27709960
Me and Pip grab the stones in telekinesis, and we hit them against the ground. They make no noise either.
We pull the stones closer, and several of us push against the stones with our hooves.
They are very slightly spongy, but feel compact nonetheless-- My hoof barely goes a millimetre into the stone even when I am pushing as strongly as I can.

Going to bed.
>>
>>27710009
Scrape them together. Can the be ground?
>>
good morning bump
>>
>>27710770
>>
let's get away from page 10.
>>
>>27710139
We rub them together. It feels like rubbing a rock against sand.
>>
>>27712346
Okay, let's try things. Hit it with magic. Try heating it, cooling it, smashing them together hard with telekinesis, all that. Make sure we right this all down.
- makes no sound
- fells like this
- has the following physical properties
- etc
>>
>>27712653
We grab notebook and write down what we've already seen.
Pip tries a basic magic bolt, of the kind one may make on reflex if scared, and the magic disipates uppon contact. I try to heat it, but the heat seems to escape from it in waves every three or four seconds. Lastly, we hit them together, but it feels the same as before-- we could as well be hitting paper sheates.
>>
>>27712734
Is Ignis nearby anywhere? Could he heat it better?
>>
>>27712734
Heat them very slowly and see if it takes longer, shorter, or the same time for it to respond by disappating the heat.
>>
Back in about two hours
>>
Save.
>>
File: 085.png (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
085.png
14KB, 250x250px
>>27713020
>>27713008
I turn to Selene, "Hey, can you bring Jotts?"
She gives a look to the others and flies off with a smirk.
A few minutes later, she returns, Jotts running after her, his...
When did he grow legs?
"Hallo hallo girls and bo-- uh you are old for a school boy arentcha?" He says to the cowering ponies.
No one answers.
"Anyway, what'd you need?"
"Can you try to burn this?" I point to the stones.
"Oh sure!" He grabs one in his hoof. "By the way, did I tellya I am opening a diner? If the food is cold I am paying you back the price of it!" He laughs, and flares erupt around the stone, "Anyway, any temperature in particular?"
>>
File: 085.png (25KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
085.png
25KB, 1000x1000px
>>27714208
oh
>>
>>27714214
Start low in case it hurts you, since it seems to eat heat. If you're fine, then go as hot as you can. We're stress testing here.

What are you naming your diner?
>>
File: 086.png (110KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
086.png
110KB, 2000x2000px
>>27714273
"Start low, we are checking out what it does. And how's the diner called?"
"Alrighty!" Flames sprout from his hoof and climb the brick, heating it little by little.
From time to time red marks appear in the surface, but they always go away.
"Dunno," He shrugs. "And what's this? Its weird, can't get a grip on it. I think I'll have to get a distance away to not hurt you."
>>
>>27714819
Okay, bring it a ways away and go for it. Blast away.
>>
>>27714819
How do you normally "grip" something?
>>
>>27715372
>>27715347
"And how do you grab things anyway?"
"That? I make 'em so cold they stop moving, don't know how else to describe it." He tries to heat the stone again. "Want me to go a distance away or no?"
"Yeah, try that."
"No problemo, I'll tell you if anything happens."
He walks a small distance away.
We give a look to the remaining stone.
Hm.
>>
>>27715585
Well, while he's doing that we could try other things. It sucked in heat, does it suck in magic too? Try pushing some magic at it.
>>
>>27715714
I layer some magic over it, not quite telekinesis, but it doesn't seem to react on it.
Selene opened the chest, and is checking out its contents.
>>
>>27716002
Ask her what's inside. Kind of forgot about that.
>>
>>27716102
"What's in it?" I ask, giving a look to the insides with the others.
"Well for a start sulfur, charcoal, saltpeter, potassium nitrate, water, several flasks of oil, and enough tools, wood, metal pieces, rope and iron strand to build just about anything we may need, so long as it isn't too large." She whistles. "Old mare doesn't fool around, does she?" She says, giving an appreciative look to the saltpeter and sulfur.

Paused for the day
>>
>>27716452
Well then. Wish we had a scale.

Estimate 75% KNO3, 15% charcoal, and 10% sulfur. Grind them all up into powder, mix them together, and dump it on top of the rock. Get Ignis to flick a small flame on it from a distance, and if he can't use a strand of rope as a fuse.

Actually, dig a hole and drop the rock in that first, then place it between two regular rocks with the powder all around. Contain the explosion for best results.
>>
Bump before bed
>>
>>27717211
Bump after bed
>>
bumping into the afternoon.
>>
>>27718852
>>
>>27719622
>>
>>27716533
"Lud? Pip? Don't tell your parents I taught you this." Selene instructs us in making something with the saltpeter, charcoal, and sulfur, containing them in sheets of telekinesis. After a while, we have a dark-gray dust.
"Why?" I ask, giving it a look. "Looks like pepper. Can I--?"
"Because it's explosive," She can't help but grin when she looks at it. "It goes boom." Her eyes sparkle for a moment, but she shakes her head. "Whatever you do, do it discretely, I don't need more problems with my mother."
We cover it with a few rocks and walk away.
"Alright, three, two, one--" I send a spark to the dust that we made, and--
Boom.
I like making booms.
"Can I make more booms?" I ask, eyes wide.
"Let's check it out first," She gestures at us to follow.
Some of the rocks blew off, but we can hear a faint clicking -not unlike a dog's paws over stone- can be heard coming from under them.
>>
>>27720553
Clear them off and see what the damage is.
>>
>>27720553
Turn them over and check for dogs.
>>
>>27720749
>>27720837
A corner of the brick was broken by the explosion, but the small fragments of it -some little more than dust- tremble for a moment before rolling back to their place, where they join the stone without leaving a sign of the cracks.
Warm air reaches us from Jotts, who is now difficult to look at directly from the light he produces.
>>
>>27720914
Self reassembling, eh? If there are any bits left that are still separate, pick them up and put them in a jar or something to keep them apart. Note this behavior in the journal.
>>
>>27721002
We write it down and try to hold one of the fragments, but it slips from our grasp -magical and physical- every time we try to grab them.
Air is now being sucked to Jotts, ruffling our manes, and almost immediately after it starts happening his flame dies down and he walks back to us, grasping for breath.
"Girl, where'd you get this thing?" He stops for a moment to breath and throws the perfectly intact stone to our feet. "Did it all nice and slow and its still cold."
>>
>>27721203
Tell him where we got it. Also, what are the oils we have? We might be able to make something corrosive.
>>
>>27721750
Also, do we have anything we can capture gas in? If Ignis burns the sulfur hot enough to make sulfur dioxide or sulfur trioxide then we can hydrate that gas to make sulfuric acid, and if that's not enough, we can mix that acid with the saltpeter to make nitric acid which is even stronger.
>>
>>27721203
Do we know any magic that can tell us what something is made of or how it works or stuff?
>>
>>27721750
>>27721788
>>27721828
"The old mare wanted us to test it... Hey," Selene turns to me. "Can you make up some scanning spell while I prepare something? Compare it to some rock or something."
"Alright," I sit down and start disassembling a comparison spell, modifying the patterns that store information to relay to me rather than to a storage...
Fifteen minutes later I rerun the fourth iteration of the spell, this time managing to make it work, and compare it to several stones around me.
None of them is remotely similar to the stone Nimrod gave us, but the mush in some of them has similar qualities.
Huh. Selene and the others are giving indications to Pip and Ignis, and I guess they'll be coming here in a moment.
>>
>>27721998
Which qualities does the mush have in common? And what is Selene up to? Go check.
>>
>>27722114
I'd bet she's at least bubbling the SO3 up through water by now. Maybe even mixing in the KNO3.
>>
>>27722114
>>27722211
I add an intermediary spell to seek patterns in the objects I look into, and a light headache comes to me at the complexity of both the mush and the green stone.
Fluids, their purpose, flow in both at scales I am not sure I understand, glands stopping or pushing them. I look deeper into the stone, both seeking patterns and looking directly at the structure, and--
There is an instant of pain when some of the basic patterns in the green stone modify themselves, blocking my perception, and there is a split second of what I can only call hesitation before the patterns spread among all others, intertwining from the largest scales to the smallest. I try to look into the stone again, but the only thing I get for my efforts are small fits of pain before the entire spell collapses.
"You fine?" Asks Selene.
I rub my forehead, "Yeah, I think." I give a look to the telekinetic flask Pip made, half filled with a clear liquid "Whatcha doin?"
"You'll see. Pip?"
He nods and grabs the stone in another telekinetic flask, then joins it with the one with liquid.
The stone sinks to the bottom, its edges going rounder for a moment... before the rounding stops, and the coloring the stone had given to the liquid is pulled back to the stone like mist, the edges turning into a perfectly shaped rectangle again.
Selene gives it a bothered look. There is a sound I can barely hear, in the edge of my perception.
>>
>>27722430
Right then. The stone is adaptable, and resists any effort to modify itself. It also seems to be able to modify its physical properties, and shows some degree of sentience, if not sapience. Make sure that all that gets down in the notes.

- can reconfigure self magically, does not wish to be analyzed
- can reconfigure itself physically, does not wish to be dissolved
>>
>>27722430
I'm guessing this thing is enchanted to act like this. Unless we have magic more powerful than our teacher's, I don't think we'll be able to do anything to it that it won't undo. Can we make magical contact with it? Maybe try to change its magical program or redirect its energy or anything to disrupt it from reassembling?
>>
>>27722493
>>27722531
One of the others writes down what we have, and I try to establish some magical link, but the only thing I can manage is a one way link that's cut almost immediately-- I could maintain somewhat consistent contact if I kept using different approaches, but I'd be going in blind.
>>
>>27722642
We can't stop it from adapting. I'm out of ideas. Fly up and rub it against a cloud to see what happens. Drop it from as high as we can go.
>>
>>27722642
Can we try to scrape the softer outer layer off?
>>
>>27723126
>>27723148
Selene gives the bubble a look, "Pip, can you dry it? Make sure to blow air away from us while you are at it."
He nods, and we turn to the remaining stone. With a frustrated snarl, Selene grabs it and flies up, yelling at us to get out of the way.
A minute later the stone falls, shattering to pieces I shield us from. They start clicking back together almost immediately.

Paused for the day
>>
>>27723381
Holding them apart didn't work, so try a physical barrier in between them before they reform. Hold some of our rope or iron in between the chunks. We don't have to grip them directly, just see if they are strong enough to push trough other things. Also, dump one of our oils onto them. That would coat them with a liquid substance that would get trapped inside them if they tried to recombine.
>>
Bump before bed.
>>
>>27708382
>page 8
not on my watch
>>
beb
>>
have a bump in the afternoon.
>>
I want to play, damn it.
>>
>>27723835
Selene lands with a thud, but doesn't give herself time to wince, "Put something between the pieces!"
We get to it immediately, grabbing rope and pieces of wood. Most of the fragments jump over or under our obstacles, but we manage to contain some and, after a moment they stop clicking.
I hold mine triumphantly, the stone no longer slipery... before Selene screams at me to throw it.
I do so in reflex, and see the rest of the brick flying after it in a blur, just inches away from my head. The others throw theirs quickly.
"Alright," Selene rubs the bridge of her muzzle. "Someone anotate that if the small fragments can't go to the big one, the big one goes to the small fragments.
>>
>>27723835
Selene grabs a brick and drops it again, shattering it. This time, she tells us to coat the pieces in oil.
When the brick reasembles itself there's a moment of stillness before several points explode, spraying pulverized oil. This happens several more times before pores open in the surface of the brick, letting the oil out, and close again.

Fuck, forgot the oil part.
>>
File: image.png (3MB, 1900x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3MB, 1900x1050px
>>27728634
>>27728670
Alright, this brick needs a lesson in SCIENCE! We are going to break it, then throw some chunks in the wooden chest, then put the rest of the brick right next to the chest so it can't build up enough speed to break through the wood. As for how we break it, even dropping it from high enough that it reached terminal velocity only broke it into a few chunks, so we need to get it going FASTER than terminal velocity. Use our iron, wood, and tools to build a torsion catapult and launch it directly into the biggest rock we can find. Instructions enclosed. Don't forget the wheels, the kickback adds power.
>>
>>27728703
You scare me, anon.
>>
>>27728703
Neglected to mention, but for the catapult to work the rope has to be braided thick and twisted tight, and put through at an angle where the arm is all the way up at rest. We'll pull it down to load it.
>>
File: 087.png (41KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
087.png
41KB, 2000x2000px
>>27728703
>>27728795
>>27728941
Selene turns to us with a foul expression, "Take saws and cut down two trees."
"What for?" Asks someone who clearly doesn't know Selene's temper.
She turns to him and stares, not answering. After a moment, he nods.
Its a few hours later that we are looking at... something that reminds me of drawings I've seen in books Dad doesn't want me to read.
"What is it?"
"The bricks want war?" She pulls a lever, "Let's give 'em war."
A branch, as thick as my chest, is expelled at ludicrous speeds, its delicate wood point cutting the air. Upon making contact with the brick the sharp point breaks immediately, and the blunt end of the branch that was under it shatters the brick to what is effectively sand.
This time its taking far longer than before to reassemble, the dust lifting like mist and coalescing in small fragments that join together.

Want to do anything else before Nimrod arrives?
>>
>>27729225
Try everything as long as it's slow. And try it angrily, in case that was part of what did it.

Dump some sand in a jar, dump some in a hole, scatter some to the wind, stir some into water, anything you can to split it up as many ways as possible.
>>
>>27729225
Pour leftover acid on some of it and have Ignis take another crack at it now that it's dust. Also yell at it and insult its mother.
>>
>>27729225
her scrunch
its so smol
>>
>>27729273
>>27729343
"Grab them!" Selene shots herself to them, "Do whatever it takes to keep them apart!"
The rest of us share a look and get to it-- burying them, putting them in flasks and the chest, throwing them away, making Ignis try to burn them again. Pip even makes more of the clear liquid and puts some of the stones in it.
Nimrod teleports in and gives us an appraising look, giving us pause.
She nods to herself, "I hope you wrote proper logs."
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 480x270px
>>27729515
Of course.
>>
>>27729515
Your brick refuses to stay dead
>>
>>27729564
>>27729572
I give her the notebook with telekinesis, and Selene gives her a moment to read before talking, "It won't stay broken."
"Dead" I correct automatically.
Nimrod nods while she reads, "I designed it to. Is there anything you want to tell me that isn't here?"

Timejump Y/N?
>>
>>27729829
No, but I do want to ask how it works and what it is for.
>>
>>27730014
"No... what is it for?"
"And how does it work?" Adds Selene.
"Test's over," She gestures at the others to go, "The stone, or colony, is for a project of mine. I'd need to build something in a place that'd be greatly corrosive. Self reparation was a must."
>>
>>27730183
I can't imagine an environment that would require all... that. Tell me about it sometime.

Time skip is fine now.
>>
>>27730518
Sarim and Selene chat a few feet behind me as we walk to Biggs' place, but I mostly ignore them-- they are talking about grown up stuff.
About halfway to the city I hear singing, and look to the others. They seem to be hearing it too.
We search its source, and for the first time in months I see Sussanah, sitting in a trunk and doing something with a stone in her legs.
"Why is she small?" Sarim mirrors my thought. "She was huge last time!"
"And what is she singing?" Selene pushes herself between me and Sarim.

Paused for the day.
>>
>>27730954
Size changing? That could be very useful. We might just be able to catch Biggs one day after all.
>>
Save.
>>
>>27732337
Again.
>>
Bump before bed.
>>
have a bump from page 10
>>
beb
>>
>>27734587
>>
Fuck, got sidetracked from this completely.
I'll update tomorrow folks, too late already today. Also try to give a command I can work with.
>>
>>27735364
>>
>>27735364
>>
>>27730954
Continue to monitor her for a few more moments before revealing yourself.
>>
Bump before bed.
>>
>>27734587
>>
>>27738853
>>
File: image.png (293KB, 800x709px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
293KB, 800x709px
>>
>>27739974
Selene shushes us, and we watch for a moment. She keeps singing to herself in a quite voice, scratching a piece of stone carefully.
"...el delittuoso grido, bella ruggente pena..." She makes a diminutive hole in the stone. "...seren, como la..." She cuts herself and is perfectly still for a moment, then sighs and putts the stone in the log
Her gaze wanders across her surroundings, and she sees us before we can move away.
"Hm... thre--" She shakes her head, muttering something to herself "who... you of Larson friend, yes?"
>>
>>27744050
Yes we are. Ask how she is.
>>
>>27744050
Correct.
>>
>>27744210
>>27744279
>>27731048
"Yeah, how are yo--?" Selene pushes me aside.
"What were you singing? What is that about changing your size?" She walks circles around Sussanah as she talks, scanning her. "You can't just take mass away... oh, I see," She Squints at the small weight marks around Sussanah's feet. "You weight about... two to three hundred kilograms, I gue--?" Sarim groans and hits her in the head. "What? Why?"
"You were doing it again" He deadpans.
"What was I..." She looks at us, realization hitting her. "Oh. Sorry."
Sussanah gives me a confused look, "Is she, of sick head?" She slides away from Selene.
"Uuuh kinda?" I give an apologetic look to Selene. "When she wants to be?"
Sussanah gives Selene an offended look, "Most dragons chose size, yes," She pauses. "Some, no longer able to."
>>
>>27744498
Why can most not any more? And how do they do it? And could a pony learn to do it? Would you mind changing size for me under controlled circumstances for the purposes of science?
>>
>>27744961
"Can I do it?"
"I am not sure--"
"How do you do it?"
"It is like a muscle--" She rushes to answer me.
"Why can't some do it?"
There is an instant change in her mood.
"When a son-of-egg does it, we are... everything goes big or small, but some things slower."
"And?"
"And some, some are hurt bad, and their hurt goes small too slowly, and they are too small for the hurt."
>>
>>27745570
I think I understand most of that, but we really need to work on communication for the future. Would you be willing to teach me dragon and I can teach you pony?
>>
>>27745570
Could you get down to my size? I wanna hug you.
>>
>>27745687
"I don't know if I understood that. What if I teach you to talk Equiish and you teach me dragon?"
"Not dragon, song-of-egg... and, song-of-egg is large, very very large. Sons of the egg take very very long to speak it." She gives me a small, apologetic smile. "The tongue of yours, is small, tiny. Hard to speak, when compared."

>>27745962
Queued.
>>
>>27745570
Sounds like injuries complicate the process.
>>
>>27746016
"You mean that wounds make it hard to go big or small?"
"Yes! Larson can't, he is old and hurt. His..." She pauses, then touches her chest. "Bone-over-heart..."
"Ribs?" Suggests Sarim.
"His ribs are hurt, very bad, and he wants them to stay that way. One is in his lung, and if he went small, his lung would go small faster than his rib. You understand, yes?"
>>
>>27746046
Yeah. Injuries shrink slower, causing obvious problems to the surrounding area.
>>
>>27746046
Yeah, I understand. Can he be healed? And can't we learn at least a little eggsong?
>>
>>27746102
>>27746480
"The parts that are hurt go smaller slowly?"
"No, no, bones go smaller slower, not wounds."
"But can't he heal it?"
"If he wanted to, yes."

Queued the learning part for now.
>>
>>27746562
Why the hell wouldn't he want to heal it? Why the wing damage, cheek damage, and rib damage?
>>
>>27747668
"He doesn't want to?" Sarim asks the question before I have the time to. "Why?"
"I think he... " Her expression is distant for a moment. "He likes to remember some things. I haven't asked."
Still a work in progress, but https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dOowa0EXbfJ5z89d4GpPP3ixVbyX7sIqxMKgluBu7Co/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>27747894
He should try remembering them in his head instead of his body.
>>
>>27747894
I guess I can understand that. He couldn't even remember his name when we met.
>>
>>27747894
Why didn't you ask, and would you mind if I did?

>spoiler
What about the griffon queen?
>>
>>27748353
>>27748374
>>27748375
"He should use his head." I give her a bedazzled look.
"He can't even remember his real name, remember?" Sarim gives me a look.
Oh. That. I take a moment to think about it, "Why didn't you ask?"
"Larson is..." She pauses "He didn't tell, so I didn't ask."
"Can I ask him?"
"If you want to," She shrugs, "But he may not answer. You know him, yes? He likes to change the discussion."
>>
>>27748520
So do you know why he can't remember? Is he just old?
>>
>>27748520
Did susannah ever say why she came to visit larson? Can we ask now if she didn't? When does >>27745962 happen?
>>
>>27748685
>>27748843
>>27745962
"Why can't he remember?"
"He's old," She says, avoiding my gaze. "Nothing else."
I pause and decide to change the topic, "Why did you come here, anyway?"
"I... I made a mistake." Her gaze flutters to the statue she was carving. "Larson is big. I need someone big near me, right now."
"Go smaller."
"What?" She reels from the change of topic.
"Go smaller. Can you?"
"Yes, yes," She grunts, and her body becomes a few inches smaller. "Se--?"
I hug her, ignoring how cold she is, and she puts her arms away from me awkwardly.
"She, she does this often?" Sussanah gives Sarim and Selene a confused look. They share a quizzical look and nod. "Let go, son-of-mare," She tries to push me without her claws "My nails are too sharp, and these stupid arms too useless."
>>
>>27748874
Oh and paused for the day.
>>
>>27748874
"What mistake did you make?"

Note: releasing the hug is optional while asking this question.
>>
>>27748874
That's fine Susy, you don't need to hug me back.
And what's wrong with your arms?
>>
here, a bump
>>
>>27750028
and here is another one
>>
>>27751243
And another.
>>
>>27752630
Sigh.
>>
File: 088.png (36KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
088.png
36KB, 2000x2000px
>>27749190
>>27748893
"What mistake did you make?"
"I..." She tries to push me away again, "I'd rather not talk of it, with you so small. Let go? Please?"
I let go of her, "What's wrong with your arms?"
She lifts one and flexes the two fingers that she can move, "Just useless. Can't fly, and walking much hurts"
>>
>>27753772
Everyone has damage and issues and they don't want to tell us. It's frustrating.
>>
>>27753772
You can change size.
Ever thought you might be able to change shape?
>>
>>27754041
>>27753866
"Can't you just change shape?" I can't help but say it with some spite. Why do grown ups keep saying that?
"Only our youngest can, little one," She gives a look to Sarim and Selene, "Don't offended. You are young, simply."
You can go see Biggs, or timejump, at any given time.
>>
>>27754468
Yeah, let's go see biggs. Bring susy. I want to ask him these questions.
>>
>>27754468
>you are young
I know. It's frustrating. I wish I had the ability to fast-forward to later in my life story when people were more willing to discuss things with me.
>>
>>27754792
"We where going to see Biggs," Sarim grabs me before I can say anything else.
"I'll stay here." Susannah returns to scratching the stone in her lap.
Sarim drags me away for a moment, sharing looks.
"Lud, you can't just ask everyone about everything." Groans Sarim. "We barely know her." Selene walks slower discretely, putting some distance between us.
>>
>>27755509
But I wanna know things! The magic stone block, the dragon, the other dragon, even you and the adults always cut me off when things are getting interesting. How can I be expected to get smart enough to solve the mysteries of the city if nobody tells me anything?
>>
>>27755509
why not?
>>
>>27755667
>>27755682
"Why not?"
"You just can't!"
"Selene does it." She pretends not to hear it.
"She's not my sister."
"But I want to know stuff! How can I do that if you don't let me?"
"Lud, you can't just--" He groans and is silent for a moment, "This chick is worse off than Biggs, haven't you noticed it? They won't tell you the story of their lives all willy nilly."
We walk in silence for a few minutes, and when we reach the city we find Biggs squinting at the patterns in one of the buildings.
"Hm?" He says after a moment, not taking his eyes from the stone. "You three are too quiet."
>>
>>27756251
Larson, why don't you heal your injuries if you can? Also, would you willing to tell me your life story to settle a bet about whether or not people do that?
>>
>>27756703
"Why do you stay hurt?" I ask before Sarim can stop me.
He stops his examination for a moment, seemingly considering the question, before patting the spot in his tail without dorsal spines, "I pushed someone I loved too much in an argument," He pats the spot in his throat where scales don't grow, "I was a fool when talking to one much stronger than I," He pats his wings, "I was a coward when many I loved where about to die, and tried to escape." He pauses for a moment, "Does that answer your question? And why do you ask?"
>>
>>27756869
Not really. If you can remember all that then why keep the injuries? At least heal the lung stuff so you can change sizes again.
>>
>>27757183
"But you remember that, why can't you heal it?"
"Because remembering a mistake is not enough," He faces us with a expression I don't know how to read. "Some mistakes are so huge, you won't ever stop fearing making them again, and the only way to gain peace of mind is to make sure you don't. I can only hope none of you ever gains a real understanding of this."
It takes me a moment to answer, "But what of your lung?" Sarim gives me and Selene nearly panicked looks, gaining a confused look from the later.
"How do you know of that?" Biggs asks me, his expression becoming severe. "I learned how large I am in the worse possible way, and how easy it is for me to hurt smaller ones."
>>
>>27757352
So that's why you were worried about falling.
>>
page 10
>>
>>27758164
"Is that why you are worried about falling on me?"
"What? No," He gives me a confused look. "What part of "'I weight several tons' is so hard to explain? And whoever told you of the rib?"
>>
>>27759490
Doesn't matter, I know now despite your best efforts to keep things from me, and surprisingly the sky hasn't fallen just because I was told something.
>>
>>27759490
Are you honestly surprised that I learned a secret thing? Do you not know me? I'm Ludwig. The day you met me I was asking a giant stone face a thousand questions. Then I asked you a thousand questions. Then I swore that I would somehow learn how to understand the city.

I am Ludwig! The pony who knows!

(point a hoof majestically into the air and strike a pose of utter determination)
>>
>>27759780
>>27759527
"Don't you know me?"
"Whatever do you mean?"
"When we met I was asking questions to a wall. And then I asked you questions. And then I promised I'd know everything about the city."
Sarim and Selene try to hide amused grins. After a moment, he says "She's right, you know."
"And I don't care how many things you hide from me! I'll find them out anyway!"
He looks at me for a second, thoughtful, "You really are older than your years. But very few know of the rib, and I am guessing it's Susannah who told you. For your information, many of the others who do know would kill you without a second thought. Do you understand why I was so worried now?"

Wanted to make a good drawing, but I already made a pointing to the sky one and don't want to take even longer
>>
>>27760517
>most of the people who know about my rib would kill you
Good point! You should tell me all the secrets you know right now so I don't have to find them out from someone dangerous!

Seriously, Biggs. Between my magic and Selene's science, we're going places. Don't be surprised if one day you end up having to throw a second much better mysterious city called Ludwigopolis into space, too.
>>
Wanted to write another update, but the next one would take several minutes to write/draw that I simply don't have. Back in about two hours.
>>
>>27760517
What others? You're the only two dragons I've ever seen.
>>
>>27760570
"So that's why you should tell me! So I don't find out from the wrong guy!"
"I tell you enough," He starts walking, gesturing at us to follow, "And I'll tell you more, with time. As you earn it." He adds, almost as an afterthought.

Sorry, got more sidetracked than I expected to be.
>>27761071
Queued
>>
>>27761695
I promise I will do my best to earn more secrets.

New dragon test when?
>>
Bump while drawing update. Busy day.
>>
File: 089.png (29KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
089.png
29KB, 1000x1000px
>>27761718
"I'll earn them."
"I am sure you will."
"Don't patronize me."
"I wasn't."
"So what is it today?" Asks Selene when silence falls for a moment.
"She has to climb a chair." We don't answer, so he continues, "Well, I think it's a chair. You'll understand when you see it."
After a moment, we reach it. The structure is as huge as the rest of the city, and the top of it has what seem to be climbing bars.
"This time try to use as much magic as you can," He says while we are looking at it. "I want to get a clear idea of how far you can go."
>>
>>27762850
Telekinetically lift ourselves up into the air, then teleport up onto the upper part. Then change gravity so we stick to it and can walk up it. Show off as much magic as possible.
>>
>>27762850
Put your hoof on the thing and power it up with magic.
>>
>>27763151
>>27763249
I think about teleporting, but discard the idea quickly-- magic can't teleport people. That's silly.And I am not strong enough to lift all of us either.
Next I put my hoof in the stone, searching some for some kind of mechanism, but this just seems to be plain old stone.
>>
>>27763507
Are we strong enough to list us one at a time?
>>
>>27763507
Cause an upswelling of earth beneath our hooves to lift us up.
>>
My electricity is coming and going thanks to my shitty drug dealer neighbours, I can't update like this. Paused.
>>
>>27763918
Okay.
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>27762850
Channel magic into the plant and ride its leaves up as it grows.
>>
>>27765473
>>
Drawing nexty update, begone P10
>>
File: 090.png (31KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
090.png
31KB, 1000x1000px
>>27766588
>>27763761
>>27766588
Lifting myself, lifting earth...
A plant would be more efficient. I don't have that much magic, and it seems like a high distance to climb.
I climb to the flower and make it grow as much as I can. After a moment, it slows down to a halt.
I am dizzy, so I give myself a moment to breath before having a look around.
Hm.

I think I finished the charsheet, could you guys give it a look and tell me if anything's missing? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dOowa0EXbfJ5z89d4GpPP3ixVbyX7sIqxMKgluBu7Co/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>27768480
Are those long thin strands ropes or something? Can we unhook one from one end and climb up one of them?

>spoiler
The friendly hand, the big stone face, and the guardians of the city.
>>
Back in about two hours.
>>
>>27768480
Wave hi to the bird. Can we climb those vines?
>>
>>27768480
Can we enchant the bird to pry some of the vines loose?
>>
>>27768777
With those trips I don't see why not.
>>
>>27768777
>>27768700
>>27768660
Hmm... the steel cable seems too much for me, but I can see that bird doing me a favor.
"Hallo bird." It looks at me. "Sorry for this," I prepare and release the multi layered spellform that will allow it to understand my words. "Can you loosen some of the plants?"
The bird chirps something I don't understand -I have yet to understand the magics that'd allow me to understand it's words- and crosses her wings, looking away from me in offence.
>>
>>27769561
Reach down to the soil and pull out a worm. Should be easy since it's so light and small. Offer it to the bird.
>>
>>27769561
Pantomime what you want, bird. I'll make a deal.
>>
File: 2.gif (54KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
54KB, 1000x1000px
>>27769591
>>27769945
I take a worm from the ground and offer it to the bird. It stays offended.
"Come one, what do you want?"
It turns to me and makes a gesture.
>>
>>27770408
Come closer? Okay. Can we try to get off of the flower and onto the lower of the two beams?
>>
>>27770408
Is he asking for money or flipping us off?
>>
>>27770513
>>27770620
"What do you want?" It keeps making the same gesture, "I should go there? Money?"
The bird shakes its head to both, and grabs the worm when I try to take it away to leave it in the ground again, eating and then making the same gesture.
>>
>>27708382
that argentina's flag reference
>>
>>27770713
What, more? Give him more.
>>
>>27770713
Pull up some more worms. Give him one more, then refuse to hand over the rest until he does the job.
>>
File: 092.png (31KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
092.png
31KB, 1000x1000px
>>27773481
>>27772690
The bird keeps asking me for more worms, and after a moment I have a pile of them floating besides me.
"You want them?" I say, getting tired. "Drop 'em already."
The bird looks at me and the worms for a moment, a calculating look in his eye, before throwing the twines.
Hm. I don't think they are strong enough to support me yet.

Seriously? Five hours?
Going to bed.
>>
>>27774213
Add some of the vines near us to them, then try to strengthen them magically.
>>
>>27774213
Braid the vines with telekinesis, then place knots every few feet to make climbing easier.
>>
>>27771345
>>
>>27774921
>>
>>27775775
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.