[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst episodes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: Pimp hoof strong.png (179KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pimp hoof strong.png
179KB, 640x360px
What are the worst of the worst mlp episodes
Why specifically are they so bad?

>inb4 everything after S2
>>
>>27706708
Princess Spike
>why is it bad

The better question is what about it isn't bad? Terrible story, trash dialogue, OOC behavior, a conflict that relies on everyone involved being a complete retard.
>>
File: Be1lOqVh.jpg (78KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Be1lOqVh.jpg
78KB, 1024x1024px
>>27706766
dubs of truth.
>>
>>27706766
This. Even MMDW and SaYS had a funny moment or two.
>>
Literally the only episodes I dislike at all are Spike At Your Service and Princess Spike...and both of those still have parts that I get a chuckle out of

Call me a Hasdrone and have a nice fuck day
>>
>>27706708
Crusaders of the Lost Mark
Equestria Games
The season 6 premiere

For obvious reasons
>>
Spike at your Service was my least liked episode, it was just a perfect storm of bad. Princess Spike was close but it just doesn't reach the level of awful as Spike at your Service does.

It's bad because there is no context of "dragon code" up to or even after that point, no one ever mentioned it and it was just a lame excuse to move the plot along. Also Spike is excellent at chores and work for Twilight but for some unexplainable reason when he does work for AJ he immediately becomes a bumbling moron. These were the two biggest gripes I had with the episode, I also didn't like the Timberwolves, the cell animation just didn't mesh well with the straight 2D animation in my opinion. Also how did Spike not easily see the lame attempt to fool him into thinking he was saving AJ? Like it was painfully obvious and usually Spike can pick up on that sort of thing.
>>
The yak episode. The first half is just the same cringe worthy joke over and over and over again. The actions of the yaks make no sense. No diplomat would act that way, even if their race is known for flipping their shit over the stupidest things, and if they are then it would be grounds for immediately breaking off any negotiations. Second half had a couple decent moments, but was still incredibly stupid. Also, the animators went way overboard with the faces in this one for some reason.
>>
>>27706884
Agreed. It was more displeasurable than any amount of Spike embarrassing himself.
>>
>>27706766
Twilight being overwhelmingly cute as her tired self would count I'd think. Her grabbing up that bunch of books and snuggling them was adorable.
>>
File: 1438224902089.png (39KB, 359x297px) Image search: [Google]
1438224902089.png
39KB, 359x297px
>>27706864
>Crusaders of the Lost Mark
>Bad

How does it feels like being such a fucking faggot
>>
File: 1414969448110.gif (1MB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1414969448110.gif
1MB, 320x287px
>>27706864
>>
>>27706867
This and Mysterious Mare do Well were my least favorite.
Fucking Merriweather Williams, man.
>>
>>27706766
Has it right.
>>
>>27708634
Though she did give up Hearth's Warming Eve and Wonderbolts Academy. To be honest, I'd rather have her back than some of the writers we have now.
>>
>>27706766
It had some nice background ponies, that's about all I can think of.
>>
>>27706864
>for obvious reasons
I have no idea what these could be. Other than the cutie mark designs, which are hardly enough to ruin an episode, it was basically perfect.
>>
File: image.gif (329KB, 299x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
329KB, 299x189px
>>27706708
>He thinks there are bad episodes
Why are you all so desperate to find flaws that aren't there?
>>
Applejack's day off.

Holy shit was that the most boring slice of life episode I have ever seen. I was honestly waiting for something mildly interesting during the entire thing.
>>
>>27709005
I don't get why people call that episode boring, because that's the least of its problems. Holy fuck they spent way too much time at the spa, then made the last minute about Applejack being a retard.

The episode would have been better if it was whatever everyone thought it'd be, Twilight trying to do Applejack's shit on her own.
>>
File: 1466243352988.png (265KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1466243352988.png
265KB, 1024x1024px
I propose Newbie Dash.

>>27706766
Agreed

>>27706864
I can understand Equestria Games but I feel that ep is wrongly maligned if you take out the expectation of it being about the games. As a Spike ep it's pretty decent and probably one of the more mature eps.

>>27706867
I actually really like the episode, but mostly for the mane 6 interactions. I don't really give a shit about Spike most of the time but I found him endearing in that ep.

>>27706884
I wasn't bothered by the fact the yaks were a bunch of disagreeable twats but the fact that everyone took it up the ass like a bunch of sissies. It ended up broadcasting a message that it's okay for others to be unreasonable and walk all over you.

>>27709005
>>27709020
I thought it was comfy af until it showed that the Apples were shit at farming
>>
>>27709121
AJ gets a little area of the farm to "work" on while AB and Big Mac do all the real work. She's too dumb.
>>
File: cease these jests- sides.jpg (147KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
cease these jests- sides.jpg
147KB, 400x392px
>>27706864
>bad
Also, while the S6 was was a weak two-parter, it wasn't really "bad" per say. The Starlight/Spike/Sunburst half was great, but the Flurrheart part was passable.
>>
Newbie Dash.

>Spitfire: Rainbow Dash! Glad we found you. We need you in the show when we get to Ponyville. Flying.
>Scootaloo: But she's only in the Reserves!
>Spitfire: Not anymore, kid.
>Rainbow Dash: [slow gasp] You mean...
>Scootaloo: [gasps] Rainbow Dash! You're finally a full-fledged Wonderbolt! Woo-hoo! [laughs] Yeah, Rainbow Dash! Whoo!
>Spitfire: Heh. What she said.

It was supposed to be Dash's graduation episode, yet her "graduation" was took off the table even before the intro, flushing down the toilet five fucking seasons, just to end up with a episode cringier than Equestria Games and with a poorly rehashed moral.
It's like Dave Rapp watched MMDW and just decided to do it again, even worse. I hope a tiger eats his fucking face.
>>
>>27706708
MMC. Yes, you are a Hasbro shill if you try and argue otherwise.
>>
>>27706864

This desu. Can't believe all the autists on here defending it.
>>
>>27706766
This plus Applejack Day off in this season. Every seasons is always with at least one shitty episode when everyone is OOC. Newbie Dash might have been the second one this season too.
>>
>>27706766
Wow you mean like every episode since season 2 started. :D

You ignorant double standard faggots are iredeemable.
>>
>>27710356
they could still do a full fledged episode for it.

>rainbow keeps flying with wonder bolts
>doesn't feel right about being there
>the girls notice
>rainbow just thinks they're being silly
>twilight figures out she needs a graduation
>they throw her one
>twilight and rainbow dash write a letter to Celestia about what they learn
>>
>>27711381
Ha, ha, very funny, Anon. The best part of it is that even when you were pretending to write something completely retarded, your episode wasn't nearly as bad as Newbie Dash.
>>
>>27706708
>Daring Don't
Horrible premise, ruins a bunch of show canon, could've been saved with a better idea but they didn't go for it
>What about Discord
Just a genuinely boring and awkward episode with a shit ending. Fanfiction tier writing too.
>Applejack's "Day" Off
Dragged out horrendously, really uncreative idea, bad humour, OOC AJ.
>>
File: 926450.jpg (164KB, 1280x1520px) Image search: [Google]
926450.jpg
164KB, 1280x1520px
>>27706766
It had March Gustysnows at least.
>>
Nothing will be as bad as What About Discord. The entire episode was awkward and the only joke is that you're not supposed to understand what the heck is going on. That kind of plot won't draw anyone in at all, I don't know what the writers were thinking.
>>
>>27706708
All the episodes featuring Rarity
>>
>>27706766
Agreed. I still can't decide which is my least favorite (Princess Spike or SaYS)
>>
>>27706884
Definitely in my bottom ten for the season, and possibly the series.
>>27708634
I don't agree. Dash learned her lesson, and the humor in it was quite enjoyable
>>27709005
I personally didn't think it was boring. Humor was a bit lacking for my taste, and it felt like a simple, Season 1-esque episode, which was a nice welcome rest from previous seasons.
>>27710356
The rushed Wonderbolt inauguration is the least of the problems with that episode. While I personally didn't mind nor enjoy the cringe comedy sections, the fact that Dash didn't stand up for herself and say "don't call me Crash" makes her look really bad in comparison.
>>27711464
>Daring Don't
>wining about show canon being ruined
just no
>What About Discord
Agreed, very boring and completely forgettable.
>Applejack's "Day" Off
See above
>>
File: image.png (173KB, 1022x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
173KB, 1022x1024px
>>27711337
t. Neal Dusedau
>>
>>27712130
>the fact that Dash didn't stand up for herself
This is my biggest problem with it. Dash was completely spineless, especially when she throws her entire personality away. Dash is insecure, but she supresses it with her bravado.
>>
I've said this in past threads, but here goes again.
Reason why they're bad is in parentheses.
>Season 1
Owl's Well That Ends Well (Spike cringe.)
>Season 2
The Mysterious Mare Do-Well (M6 team up to make RD feel worthless.)
Putting Your Hoof Down (Fluttershy OOC.)
>Season 3
Spike at Your Service (Spike cringe.)
Magical Mystery Cure (22 minutes of songs, then poof...Alicorn.)
>Season 4
Equestria Games (Spike cringe.)
>Season 5
Tanks for the Memories (RD cringe/OOC.)
Slice of Life (It's Slice of Life. Need I say more?)
>Season 6
Newbie Dash (RD OOC.)
Applejack's "Day" Off (Everyone OOC.)

And if you disagree with any of these being bad, you're wrong.
>>
>>27712297
>Putting your hoof down
>fluttershy ooc
mr enter plz go
>>
best thing to come out of applejacks day off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPZj2cTDqNE
>>
>>27712297
Tanks For the Memories was fine to me. Dash was still in character.
>>
>>27712528
I would not consider furious crying to be part of Dash's standard mannerisms.
>>
>>27712579
This is as close the show will get to depicting death. Have you ever lost someone important to you?
>>
>>27712297
>Magical Mystery Cure (22 minutes of songs, then poof...Alicorn.)
I liked the songs though
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.