[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only 480 days to go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

File: MLP_The_Movie_promotional_logo.png (2MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
MLP_The_Movie_promotional_logo.png
2MB, 1500x1125px
Only 480 days to go
>>
>>27641462
hyp
>>
File: hip-joint_2.jpg (55KB, 300x303px) Image search: [Google]
hip-joint_2.jpg
55KB, 300x303px
>>27641462
Hip
>>
They're going to fuck it up
Everyone one on neo-/mlp/ who is actually "hyp" and ready to slurp up Hasbro's next diarrhea shit despite it being goddawful needs to fucking leave
>>
>>27641511
*slow claps*

*steps out of the shadows*

Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...

But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.

And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.

See you on the boards...
>>
>>27641539
salty bait much?
>>
bink
>>
>>27641511
this

Excitement is understandable, and I have my fair share as well.
Excitement, and dread.
Excitement does not equal hype, but it does show interest.

This is like a ticking bomb, whether or not it explodes with deadly gunpowder or pretty confetti it will do one thing; it's going to blow up, and once it explodes, that's going to be it.

The movie will be there to signify the end.
Who am I kidding though, Hasbro won't be letting us off the ride with this, they will keep on milking this as long as it will go.
Hopefully though, we can approach the age of the show being unwatchable, maybe then we can end our suffering.
>>
File: you.know.its.going.to.happen.jpg (149KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
you.know.its.going.to.happen.jpg
149KB, 1000x750px
>>27641462
Looking forward to it
>>
>>27641511
This is one of Hasbro's Biggest projects since EQG so they know not to fuck it up. I have hopes it'll be good.
>>
>>27643724
Remember the Jem movie? remember how well that one went?
>>
>>27643717
Not gonna happen, it will be a box office flop.
>>
>>27641462
I kind of think they're releasing Guardians of harmony this fall to test the water for the upcoming movie: specifically, if guardians of harmony sells well they'll churn out a bunch of action focused toys for the movie as well, while if GOH bombs they'll just stick to the normal brushables they have ready to go.
>>
>>27643757
Tons of people like the show; its hasbro's crown jewel franchise at the moment, shit stomping transformers.
If transformers is successful, the MLP movie surely will be.
>>
>>27641539
What copypasta is that?
>>
File: mlp movie.jpg (329KB, 1087x1683px) Image search: [Google]
mlp movie.jpg
329KB, 1087x1683px
>>27643865
>If transformers is successful, the MLP movie surely will be.
transformers was perfectly suited to be a huge blockbuster movie, and it wasn't a surprise when it did well. I think Jem is a decent indicator of how mlp will turn out if they try and target anybody except for very young girls.
If they do keep the marketing to very young girls, then it may have some success.
>>
>>27641462
Getting the feeling the second half of S7 will end on a cliffhanger and lead into the movie
>>
It's shit
>>
>>27643750
The Jem Movie was botched from the start and in multiple ways too.
>>
>>27644506
And I should add why does that movie which had next to no advertisement for and little to no hype for it factor into how this movie will perform.
>>
>>27641462
they made a fucking movie out of this shit?

hollywood isn't just out of ideas, it's eating a dictionary and shitting out what is left.
>>
>>27644506
yup, and the same Allspark/Hasbro jerkoffs are going to make the mlp movie too. Why should we expect it to be any less botched?
>>
>>27644531
Anon they're making a fucking emoji movie
I think that's fairly obvious
>>
>>27644428
Nah, S6 will be the final season. Its guardians of harmony after that.
>>
>>27644547
Because this is MLP:FIM
>>
>>27644562
Stop spreading this cancerous meme you fucking brony shitter
>>
>>27644563
>Because this is MLP:FIM
oh, now I see. well I guess we're in for a piece of true kino, eh? ^:)
>>
>>27644583
You don't get it. One of the reasons that the Jem movie failed was that it didn't have an audience. Something that this show has a significant one I might add. Factor in show staff working on this project I'd say the chances are that much greater. To even suggest that it would do as poorly as the Jem movie is asinine. FOH with that nonsense
>>
if the Leaked e-mails about the scripts are true, we can expect a shit ton of alicorns coming up
>>
>>27644659

YOU don't get it.
One of the reasons the Jem movie failed was because IT HAD A SHITTY PLOT AND HAD ZERO TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL CARTOON SERIES.
>>
>>27644721
So what relevance does that have with this movie?
>>
>>27644737

why don't you ask Anon #27644659 who brought the damn thing up?
>>
>>27644659
>the Jem movie failed was that it didn't have an audience
you're right, there is a huge audience for ponies. The problem is that they are too young to chose which movies they see, so it's hard to get the audience of little girls who like pretty ponies to translate to a movie audience. There will be some cross over, but not every girl with a twilot toy is going to see the movie. still this is an advantage over Jem.
>Factor in show staff working on this project
They are also pulling in a lot of new people for the movie as well. It will be very different than FIM. We know that Emily Blunt is going to be the main character, so that means there will be a new generic Mary Sue instead of Twilight. and I personally think the show is and always has been garbage, so show staff are of no appeal to me[\spoiler]
>>
>>27644737
they're saying the FIM movie is going to succeed because it WILL have a good relation with its source material (FIM) and it will have a much better plot (being written by the writer of Mulan and McCarthy working together), and while Jem had virtually nothing for an active fanbase, FIM has a massive and active fanbase.
>>
>>27644756
" FIM has a massive and active fanbase."

All of whom are over the age of 30.
>>
>>27644747
>Emily Blunt will be the main character
Baseless speculation
>>
>>27644769
No, the target audience is actually very large. who the hell do you think is asking for and buying all the MLP toys that are selling right now?
>>27644747
The little girls that are fans of FIM often range up into being 7 or 8. That's more than old enough to be aware of a movie coming out and asking to go see it.

hell, even at the age of 5 little kids are aware enough of movies coming out due to commercials to ask there parents about going to see them.
>>
>>27644769
Most of the fan base is below 30. According to multiple surveys.
>>
>>27644389
>all those new princesses and alicorns
Seriously hasbro? you're going from like 2 to like 20?
>>
>>27644803
>who the hell do you think is asking for and buying all the MLP toys that are selling right now?

Guys in their 30s.
>>
>>27644813
Its flattering to think that bronies are that important, but we're not. If we were, they'd be making shit 100% aimed at bronies, not how the stuff is primarily aimed at little girls.

bronies probably only account for 1/5 to 1/4 of the sales, MAX.
>>
>>27644826

i have this theory that most of the guys on here only like this shit because they secretly wish they were born with a clitoris
>>
>>27644769
>" FIM has a massive and active fanbase."
>All of whom are over the age of 30.
lol wat

>>27644826
preach
>>
>>27644846
and you'd be wrong, but you are welcome to that theory
>>
>>27644389
If they're not making the mane six alicorns with a plot like that, I'll eat my hat. that shit's happening. i wonder if they kept that plotline or if its all brand new?
>>
>>27644846
>i have this theory that most of the guys on here only like this shit because they secretly wish they were born with a clitoris
Does that describe you anon? It doesn't describe me. Maybe there are a lot of horse fuckers on here who that's true for, but so far I haven't seen much evidence for the theory.
>>
>>27644769
[ciatation needed]
>>
>>27644955
I think that the email posted is all old info. I don't think the movie is going to look like that.
>>
>>27645011
I'll be sad if so. Alicorn lore deserves a big event to explain it.
>>
ITT: shitposting and baseless speculation
>>
File: image.gif (494KB, 306x254px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
494KB, 306x254px
Guys, I have important news leak about the movie... See the pic if you dare!
>>
>>27645379
Fuck you!!
>>
>>27645379
Shit! I got Rolled!
>>
>>27645379
You 2006 loving piece of Shit!!!
>>
>>27645379
>>27645401
>>27645410

I see that I'm not the only one who fell for this crap.
>>
>>27645379
Memed me!
>>
>>27645379
_(F_$&_(&+)&+@%_(@+_%@&%)%
>>
>>27641839
new fag
>>
>>27644547
$40M budget vs $5M budget
>>
>>27646948
Source on $40M? All I can find is this, which says they are ramping up the budget, but doesn't mention from what, or to what.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/02/friendship-is-magic-to-see-larger-budget.html
Sound like a reasonable guess though.
>>
>>27647005
honestly, advertising is more important IMO.
The teenage mutant ninja turtles movie (the first one) was shit in quality, but because it was advertised like crazy it made bank.

They need a way to advertise it as not just being the 80s Little girls shit (CUT THAT FUCKING JINGLE ALREADY)
>>
>>27645379
I'm not the only one who knew this was a troll right?

It's way to early to get more info on the movie
>>
>>27648028
Lots of people buy fake shit on this site. Like all the people who believe the idiot spouting stuff about robots and a Secret agent in the upcoming Equestria girls movie
>>
>>27648064
I don't understand how so many people could buy such clearly fake shit lol

It's almost as if this fandom was actually filled with little girls the whole time
>>
>>27648129
I really hope that all the people who supposedly "believe" it know its fake but keep repeating it to annoy/troll other people.
>>
>>27648151
Yeah, hopefully
>>
File: 1414903674030.png (148KB, 317x310px) Image search: [Google]
1414903674030.png
148KB, 317x310px
>>27648129
>Everyone on /mlp/ are actually little girls
>>
I wonder how big of a deal the seaponies are going to be for the movie; Like, are they going to be the 100% central theme of the movie, or are they just a side thing that hasbro showed because it doesn't spoil much?
Glad they dropped the aborted baby looking g1 seapony designs and went with hippocampus
>>
>>27648493
Depends on how much advertising Hasbro can force in.
>>
File: its.humanized.you.retards.jpg (633KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
its.humanized.you.retards.jpg
633KB, 791x1024px
The toyline for this better be huge; I'm talking giant pimped out outfits for the mane six and everything, put guardians of harmony to shame.
Battle armor for each of them and bling all over the place
>>
>>27645379
Hot Damn it's been a long time since I've Seen a Rick roll... Well played good sir or madam... But you're still a piece of shit for baiting us with the promise of the news updates we are craving for.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 279x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 279x350px
>>27644562
I mean all the investment materials and quarterly conference calls point to what you just said being a load of bullshit, but fuck it, why bother with that when you can meme.
>>
File: 1465859262932.jpg (54KB, 478x478px) Image search: [Google]
1465859262932.jpg
54KB, 478x478px
This'll be Jem 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Get ready for incredibly shitty 3D models and crack-whore-left-in-a-ditch level plot.

Think of Jem. They had a chance to literally do ANY STORY THEY WANTED. What did they do? Battle of the Bands with squealy giggly girls.
>>
>>27641462
The days ahead are dark and tragic
>>
>>27648151
>>27648171
Probably since everyone I see who says that keeps trying to troll Shimmerfags
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.