[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heaven's tower thread 23

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

File: HT.png (1MB, 810x456px) Image search: [Google]
HT.png
1MB, 810x456px
>"Why do you climb?"
"I must."
>"What do you seek? Gold? Fame? The thrill of the fight?".
"The part of me that's still inside."

Welcome to Heavens Tower, how high will you climb?

The premise:
/mlp/ posters are randomly found unconscious by Climbers inside a crazy magical tower. They're evacuated to Prisma, the town built at the foot of the gigantic tower, where adventurers aka "climbers" make a living out of selling stuff they found inside the tower, risking their lives through the many floors filled with monsters, magic and mystery.

It is now your choice to decide what you'll do with that new life: You can live as an ordinary citizen in the town, or join a group and go for expeditions inside the tower.

Create your character, choose a role, buy weapons and gear: This game is supported by Nina-Chan, a bot written entirely for this very purpose, it is both a game master assistant and a database, to ensure Quests are both a breeze to lead and play!

Feel creative? Want to draw, write, GM or just play? Heaven's Tower continues!

server: irc.esper.net
channel: #heavenstower

doc link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/159pbmA1rZCK-wtxZ_mUnqkhJ3HG1hLSxqod5KSIWqxM/edit
>>
up
>>
>>27592519
up
>>
>>27592537
and away!
>>
nuh
>>
keeping threads alive at that time...
>>
bamp
we need some discussion that doesn't turn to rage
>>
>>27595216
>>
>>27595216
Rage is what feeds us, anon.
>>
emergency bump
>>
Alright, then I've got a question for you guys. What do you want to see as content in quests? Puzzles, combat, exploration, actual objectives, ect,ect... what interests you?
>>
>>27597903
More loot and not lame magicite shards
A GM to ACTUALLY finish a quest and not just abandon it
Less slimes
>>
>>27597903
I'd personally like a puzzle or two.
>>
>>27597903
make me think, make me afraid, please
>>
>>27597903
This too: >>27598878
>>
>>27598878
Afraid to think?
>>
>>27600172
think while being afraid!
>>
>"the part of me that's still inside"

This gives me an idea, what if each person that was pulled from the tower is the victim of a curse. The tower binding their souls to it to power it's breach through equis. With each death inside the tower, it gains a soul gem used in the construction of seats of power, thrones for the many "bosses" that dwell within, raising armies with their magics. With these souls gems, a pony could end their own curse. Alternatively, they could use it to gain temporary boosts to their powers or craft weapons that could be then charged to unleash fantastic magical attacks or provide added protection from attacks. These bonuses would truly only be needed in the inner sanctums of each floor where the floor's ruler resides. With each floor conquered, the floor disappears and a new one shifts into place though as the never ending nature of the tower remains, a new unfortunate soul is often sucked in to fill the gap. To die is to give oneself to the tower again, losing yet another piece with each death until you are but a shell wandering the chambers, preying on the rest in hunger for the soul you lost.
>>
File: inter.png (91KB, 470x738px) Image search: [Google]
inter.png
91KB, 470x738px
[update]
nina1.106

Switched monsters to the database [they were hardcoded before]

Now you can add monsters freely (and on the fly) [the command is a bit more complex so it's explain at the bottom of the GM doc]

Monsters now have a boolean to define wether or not they are secret monsters; secret monsters won't appear in the list and no one will be able to know their stats.

Monsters now have a counter: each time a monster is used its counter will increase by one, and we'll see what monsters are useless [>:( I told you to not create monsters for just one time unless they're bosses! use those who already exist in that case!]

you can now get the list of all monsters with [!allMonsters] or [!am]

We should soon make a bestiary document to let people know where to find some monsters etc
>>
>>27600944
oh look it's best horse
>>
A unicorn's sits at the tavern bar, staring into his mug as the bartender eyes him. "Yer a strange one, aren't ya? You say a winged unicorn was in your dreams and that was enough for you to go running into the tower for a second helping of flank whoopins? Ain't a lick a sense in that." The small grunt was the only acknowledgement he got from the stallion. "Look, I know what it's like to feel that pull, like something of yourself is gone, left inside that giant pillar o' trouble, but iffen yer gonna go up there, at least try to get some equipment for fightin off the riff raff. The town center has a relief fund er somethin fer you new folk so I would suggest usin that to get some tools and then workin yer way up to actually fighten. If this fancy mare o' yers is up in there, she'll need more then some upstart like yerself ta get her out. Oh, and I'll keep the drink on yer tab, just don't ferget ta pay me back now." The stallion glanced up at the bartender and then slowly have him a nod before sliding off the stool and heading to the exit, his faded mark of what looked like some cosmic eye made from comets and stars stored in the barkeeper's memory for future reference
>>
Hello ponies,
I'm going to run a short, easy quest in here and I'm going to need two or three climbers for it.

Call time is on June 18th, at 12:00 Pacific and will begin at 12:15.

Reply to this post with your name if you are interested!
(Low level/experienced ponies take top priority!)
>>
dundundun
>>
>>27601620
What
>>
>>27597903
combat would be the simple one, but i think a giant puzzle dungeon would be kickass

run tomb of horrors or the like idgaf
>>
>>27604165
4c did it and it was awful
>>
bump
>>
>>27605039
Horse butt
>>
>>27605039
cute
>>
File: crabnic.png (194KB, 486x745px) Image search: [Google]
crabnic.png
194KB, 486x745px
>wakes up
>quest happened during the night
>cool.jpg
>checks happenings
>new monster by Marw
>fastest creature by far
>faster than bats
>faster than Lights
>Curious.jpg
>cheks monster
>lolwat.jpg
>it's a crab.
>pic related.
>>
>>27607101
sanicrab
sanicrab
does what ever a sanicrab does
>>
>>27608138
>>
>>27606953
N-No, you.
>>
Who's the official shipping lord of HT?
>>
>>27610255
Marw
>>
>>27597903
something about surrounding area lore maybe?
I like the idea of running tomb raider style dungeons, the setting is perfect for pure dungeon crawls with or without combat.
hell i'd start with a DnD campaign booklet and go from there.

>>27604427
that was fun as fuck, for everyone that actually played it.
the only issues arose when people who werent involved with it at all got needlessly upset breaking lore, and bitched out Liven till he retconned it.

>>27607101
>faster than bats
>faster than Lights
>Curious.jpg
you rang?
>>
Might as well ask since relevant. But, what about GM interaction with the quest? Do you guys prefer short, and to the point descriptions, or longer, more detailed writing?

Tl:dr. You like lots of words to describe the scene, or only a few?
>>
>>27610917
Shorter, otherwise it takes too long
>>
bamp
>>
Quest Bump!

Alright guys, I've got a[nother] question for you. Who would happen to be interested in a quest? It'll be on either next Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday depending on who can come, and when.

Oh, and a bonus question!

Exploration, or Tower Dive?
>>
>Marw can do 30something damage on a crit
For being the resident slut, she packs a punch.
>>
>>27612780
because she killed her first character and min/maxed her second
>>
>>27612647
where would the exploration be? inside the tower or around the part on the ground?
>>
>>27613284

Outside of the town, actually. Was hoping to expand the world, and give you guys some new environments to play in.
>>
>>27610917
Depends on how fast the GM can type.

>>27612647
Sign me up on any of those days.
>>
File: N.png (8KB, 268x324px) Image search: [Google]
N.png
8KB, 268x324px
why am i here?!??!
>>
>>27613364
then exploration gets my vote
>>
an atetmpt ws maed
>>
Up
>>
We had a quest this week
That's an improvement over maybe two quests in the last month.
>>
>>27618323
any chance of logs? I never seem to be on at the right times. a summary in the thread would be cool too, just so we can share stories
>>
>>27618992
no, Tali :p
>>
Double bump
>>
File: 1464691065139.png (391KB, 1000x833px) Image search: [Google]
1464691065139.png
391KB, 1000x833px
this is a surprisingly effective allegory for the current state of /ht/
>>
do we have a map yet? I feel like we should have an 9000 hour mspaint masterpiece, at least.
>>
>>27624432
No
>>
>>27618323
HIGHER AND HIGHER
>>
A bit surprised to see this thread last this long.
>>
>>27627911
let's make it last even longer
>>
>>27628350
Whatever you say.
>>
nodie!
>>
still nodie
>>
B
U
M
P
>>
File: 1464633262622.png (673KB, 800x736px) Image search: [Google]
1464633262622.png
673KB, 800x736px
>being the only console peasant faggo/ht/
>>
>>27602192
That quest still up?
>>
>>27632528
Yep
Still is.
>>
>>27632607
breeze's?
>>
>>27633503
Yep
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.