[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did she just become too expensive to hire, or what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

So did she just become too expensive to hire, or what?
>>
>>27491190
Celestia has become completely irrelevant since Twilight became an alicorn. Let's be honest here.
>>
>>27491257
>since
you mean always
>>
>>27491281
Her purpose used to be to serve as a mentor to Twilight. Now she literally has no purpose anymore.
>>
>>27491257
>Celestia has become completely irrelevant since Twilight became an alicorn.
>since Twilight became an alicorn

>couldn't stop NMM
>didn't help against Discord, beyond sending letters (that twilight wrote), back to twilight
>tried and failed to beat Chrysalis
>didn't bother going to the crystal empire, instead opting to send cadance/shining before twilight and friends.
she was useless long before twilicorn
>>
>>27491289
no, that was her purpose BEFORE the show started. After that the only reason for her existence was for twilight to send someone a letter to to let the audience know what she learned that day.
The few moments where she show tried to make her mentor-like again, was celestias typical "you have to do this on your own" bullshit
despite what the show claims, teachers are not meant to just let the students do whatever they want "and it will work out"
>>
>>27491326
I guess you're right. She really is the most fucking useless character in the show.
>>
>>27491343
i still hold the believe they purposefully keep her in the background to give her a huge role in the 2017 movie
>>
>>27491395
Dream on, Celestiafag. She'll barely even appear in the movie.
>>
>>27491407
i am actually a luna fag, but i am also a fag for good storywriting, and i think they are missing out on not using celestia.
>>
>>27491295
She raised Twilight to this things. Without her Twilight wouldn't be able do a single of those things.
>>
>>27491603
You mean without Twilight's friends, right?
Her advice is shit too. Remember how she told Twilight she had to beat Sombra alone? Twilight wouldn't even had made it through the door without her friends helping her along the way.
>>
>>27491906
Remember how the whole point of telling her do it alone was to try and encourage her to think for herself...? Did you miss that...?
>>
File: 1409550202579.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1409550202579.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>27491289
But why the fuck is Luna still appearing if she got redeem on the first episode.
>>
>>27491343
Damn your eyes Anon, Celestia is gorgeous. It's not her fault she's under-utilised.
>>
>>27491931
Did you miss the part where if she had followed that advice everyone would be doomed?

Having a reason for your actions does not mean it was a smart action.
>>
>>27491906
Anon what are you even talking about.

Celestia is mentor figure, she leads country and shit. Twilight is hero of the show, she does all important thing. She's a background character, she can't solve problems, it's not her show.

>hurr she couldn't beat chrysalis and sombra and discord and others
Yes because if should would do that, there would be no adventure or lesson to learn.

Also show is terribly written. You should know that. They don't use her character anymore because all good writers are gone.
>>
>>27491965
And I'm saying her role as a mentor is shit. When has she ever given helpful advice? Once? Maybe twice? She's a horrible mentor.
>>
>>27491988
Do you even watched any previous seasons?
>>
>>27491997
Name 3 times she's been helpful.
>>
>>27491963
Are you actually retarded?

Celestial was mentoring Twilight. Training her to be better. She gave bad advice as a deliberate test of Twilights capabilities. She also trusted Twilight enough to make the right decision.

I don't know how this wne river your head. It was explicitly stated that this is what Celestia did and why.

Maybe you're saying, "well Twilight could have lost if she followed the advice unto death." And yes you're right, but that was such a slim possibility its not even worth mentioning.

Celestia knew her pupil and her pupil's friends. It wasnt a stupid decision, it was a calculated risk with minimal chance of failure.
>>
>>27492018
Friendship is Magic, part 1
The Ticket Master
Fall Weather Friends
>>
>>27492031
>Celestia was only pretending to be retarded
Do you even hear yourself? Is she your waifu? Because if she is I'll just let you win right this argument because no amount of logic I throw at you is going to convince you otherwise.

>>27492033
>Friendship is Magic, part 1
I'll give you that one. Telling Twilight to make some friends was her biggest contribution to the well being of Equestria in the last 1000 years.
>The Ticket Master
Absolutely no advice was given. She gave Twilight more tickets after she asked for them.
>Fall Weather Friends
Did absolutely nothing. AJ and RD already learned their lesson by the time she showed up.
>>
>>27492120
Are you retarded?
>>
>>27492033
not the Anon your arguing with, but.

Celestia did nothing that whole episode, other than kick Twilight out of the castle. Everything else was done by Twilight herself.
>The Ticket Master
You mean when she cause the problem in the first place by sending only two tickets, and when Twilight sent them back Celestia went "Oh you wanted more, well all you had to do was ask."
>Fall Weather Friends
>You mean the episode not focused on Twilight at all, and the lesson wasn't even taught by Celestia, she just scolded AJ and Dash.

I think you need to rewatch S1 anon
>>
File: 1464454394790.jpg (51KB, 483x482px) Image search: [Google]
1464454394790.jpg
51KB, 483x482px
>>27492132
>can't win the argument
>resorts to insults
You sure showed me.
>>
>>27492120
I don't know how you can read what I said and still think she was being retarded. You aren't being logical, you're being thick headed.

How is it you've never seen this trope in fiction?

Have you never heard of the mentor figure giving bad advice to their pupil to test the pupil?

Also, why are you movie g goalposts on the other guy?

You asked for instance of her helping, now you're saying it was a matter odpf advice...?

You're either a dyed in the wool retard or else baiting us.
>>
>>27492162
My entire argument is she's been a shit mentor and gives horrible advice. When I asked when she's been helpful it was implied I was talking about when she's given helpful advice.

And I'm very familiar with the trope. So familiar in fact that I can tell this wasn't an instance of it. Celestia wanted Twilight to do it on her own and when Twilight failed, Celestia decided on the spot that it was okay. It wasn't some master keikaku plan. Mentors don't test their students that way when the stakes are that high. It's always when the worst case scenario is they fail the test and nothing more comes of it.
>>
>>27492153
>>27492156
Okay, I will bite for last time.

Celestia recognizes problem, and solves it by sending Twilight on a mission, because she knews her very well.

>The Ticket Master
Celestia invites Twilight. Twilight finds herself in trouble. Celestia recognizes this trouble and solves it by inviting all of her friends.

>Fall Weather Friends
Celestia simply states obvious moral lesson to ponies who overlooked it. She also show's them way how to fix it.
>>
>>27492202
Well, I guess this is just bait then. Because if you really think that a kids show that stated explicitly "I did X because of Y" was actually doing X because of your Fanon...? Well there's no hope for you. And if you're just baiting then it also won't matter what I say. Therefore, good day. You may now make a post replying in an attempt to bait me again. When I don't reply its not indicative of your victory, only of my absence.
>>
>>27492237
But that's not being a mentor, that's being a problem solver. Before Ponyville Twilight had no friendship lessons from Celestia, and every instance that a friendship lesson was learn, came solely from Twilight. This is true for the S1 premiere.

Celestia being the cause of the problem in ticket master may have forced a lesson, but once again she did not teach Twilight that lesson beforehand, so once again not a mentor.

And once again Celestia didn't teach the lesson to AJ and Dash, it was Twilight, the least athletic pony in the whole group. All Celestia did was scolded them for not running the race in the way that it was intended.

So the three instances you picked do not show Celestia as a mentor.
>>
File: the_fuck_did_i_just_read.jpg (127KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
the_fuck_did_i_just_read.jpg
127KB, 550x550px
>>27492237
FIM, P1 is an instance of her giving good advice but not for the reason you said.

TTM Celestia doesn't actually 'recognize' any problems. Twilight tells her what the problem is a Celestia does what anyone would do in her situation. She didn't give any helpful advice.

FWF has her show up after AJ and RD realize what a couple of jerks they've been to each other.

>>27492267
Good lord what a baby. You're a disservice to sunfags everywhere. I never insulted you during the whole debate despite your retard catcalls You cry BAIT! because you can't form an actual argument without resorting to your headcanon. When did Celestia ever explicitly or implicitly say she told Twilight to do it on her own because she knew Twilight would make the opposite choice? I had an open mind and was even willing to admit Celestia was a good mentor if someone could provide me with actual evidence of it in the show.
This is why you never argue with waifufags.
>>
>>27491289
>Her purpose used to be to serve as a mentor to Twilight
Celestia has Twilight writing a letter explaining what she on her own learned about friendship that day. The mentor-mentee relationship ended on episode 1.
>>
I would have stopped doing cons too if my character was phased out and an autistic brony called Celestia a molester during a packed panel room.
>>
Only if she had another student to teach. Maybe a past student who never finished her studies or a unicorn who excells at magic but never went to Celestias school and still has stuff to learn.
>>
File: 1464057875025.png (908KB, 500x2265px) Image search: [Google]
1464057875025.png
908KB, 500x2265px
>>27491257
You're right. I love celesta, but she became obsolete in the show. The only time she does anything now is if Luna is involved...
>>
>>27492624
Not even then unfortunately. Celestia wasn't involved in either LE or DPDoMS? nor in any of the CMC dream episodes.
>>
File: 1463847607980.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1463847607980.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>27492202
>Celestia decided on the spot that it was okay

That isn't what happened at all. Like, literally zero percent correct. You are either so autistic that you somehow missed all the pre-school tier context clues and princess side scenes throughout the episode, or you're just a very stupid person.
>>
>>27492678
What were the clues, oh wise one?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
The only way they can salvage Celestia is if they do Nightmare Star.

They can even play off the past few seasons of writers making her more and more less important as a whole all according to keikaku moment where they point out that Celestia began to feel abandoned and useless to her Subjects. She becomes bitter and hateful, but kind of like SG vents all that anger into 'fixing Equestria'.
>>
>>27492692
>mfw we'd see tears of rage and sadness from Celestia
actually I have no idea what face I'd be making, but it would both please and hurt me.
Man I really just want a Celestia episode. She's really gotten the shaft in all this.
>>
File: Vbwd2.png (420KB, 865x648px) Image search: [Google]
Vbwd2.png
420KB, 865x648px
>>27492452
>and an autistic brony called Celestia a molester during a packed panel room.
Don't tell me this actually happened
>>
>>27493231
Yeah, it's on youtube.
>>
>>27493253
There's something that compels me to see it, but I know that I'll instantly regret it the moment I do.
>>
>>27493272
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cWBG1GKn8A
>>
>>27493298
how the shit do they not screen
>>
>>27491295
She didn't stop them but until then she was a pretty good device of exposition and could fit her "wise mentor" role a bit better. But then Twilight became an alicorn; implying she already learnt everything Celestia has to teach her, meaning everything else that becomes a problem to Twilight is by necessity something completely out of Celestia's compehension.
>>
>>27493298
Oh, I remember that. And most certainly wish I didn't.
>>
File: Cheerilee You're Not Helping.png (311KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Cheerilee You're Not Helping.png
311KB, 1000x600px
>Attends Trixie's magic show, the Wonderbolt show, The Hearth's Warming Eve party, and now the spa
>No lines yet

Cheerilee got demoted to background candy. And also lives a very leisurely life.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.