[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people like Princess Marysue Bookdork?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 13

File: 1418769783484.png (938KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1418769783484.png
938KB, 1400x1000px
Why do so many people like Princess Marysue Bookdork?
>>
>>27464774
Because I liked her before she became an alicorn and her personality hasn't really changed.
>>
>>27464774
She isn't a Mary Sue.
>>
>>27464774
Because she's an adorable Bookdork.
>>
>>27464816
She is too.

>>27464819
Even I can't deny that. She is indeed adorable at times.
>>
>>27464816
Yes she is. Giving her a quirky, prone-to-nervous-breakdown trait does not give her a flaw.
>>
>>27464774
why not? she's a good pony
>>
What is a Mary Sue?
>>
>>27464828
But Starlight is better than her.
>>
File: 1443699698519.png (627KB, 2042x2544px) Image search: [Google]
1443699698519.png
627KB, 2042x2544px
>>27464801
This. I liked her as a unicorn and as the series progressed i fell in love with her. Even after all the faggots like OP dropped her for becomimg an Alicorn, the only difference i saw was that she became more adorkable and unsure of herself. Shes just a cutie.
>>
>>27464828
>>27464827
How is Twilight a Mary-Sue?
>>
>>27464876
Ban the wings, it's still racist!
>>
>>27464828
Do you realize how many times she's fucked up and been called out for it in this season alone?
>>
give Twi a break. she's really trying her best
>>
>>27464801
>>27464876
These two. Although I do wish her ascension could've been done better.
Her learning how to fly being expanded for the cute awkwardness and Fluttershy and Dash cheering her on would be nice too.
>>
Spike and Fluttershy have done a better job at spreading friendship, why don't they get a fancy title?
>>
>>27464947
FUCKING THIS.

The show has been doubling down on pointing out Twilight's flaws.

>last episode
>Twilight says "can I please organize these boxes?"
>the show dedicates 30 seconds to everyone giving her the "lol look at that autist" look

>entire episodes like No Second Prances or Amending Fences entirely dedicated to Twilight's character flaws

>frequently the target of snarky comments

If the Twilight treatment of the last three seasons was applied to the likes of Rainbow Dash or Spike, their fans would have already spammed the show team with death threats. But some autists are so blinded by their lasting Twilicorn butthurt that they can't see that the show has been directly pandering to them for a long time, to the point of giving Twilight almost undeserved abuse.
>>
>>27465021
>gets BTFO by Sunburst on magic knowledge
>gets BTFO by Starlight on magic technique
>Fluttershy redeemed Discord, befriended Breezes
>Spike helped Starlight with her first friendship lesson, befriended Dragons, reminded Twilight of her friends back in Canterlot
>>
>>27465065
The next episode will show her screwing up farm work. What will be the fan outrage if it is a role reversal and Spike is needing to correct her issues?
>>
>>27465083
Just more screeching about how she's a Mary Sue and needs to be publically executed in the show at the very least.
>>
File: Party hat Twilight.jpg (489KB, 906x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Party hat Twilight.jpg
489KB, 906x1080px
>>27464774
Because she's my waifu!
>>
>>27465143
She's still racist!
>>
>>27465150
Your racist
>>
>>27464774
>being smart means you're a mary sue now
anyway i think many like her because she's not an asshole and pursues knowledge.
that's my most simple interpretation.
>>
>>27465172
McCarthy and Vogel is racist!
>>
>>27465065
Fluttershy should be the princess of friendship and Spike should be her assistant.
>>
Hi
>>
File: large.png (691KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
691KB, 750x900px
>>27465218
lets be honest, given all the shit they've done, ALL of them should be the princesses of friendship.

>inb4 that's the plot of the 2017 movie
>>
>>27465232
Spike too
>>
>>27465232
Nope, not gonna happen. It will be a disaster and a sin.
>>
>>27464880
in a show with a diverse and interesting cast about overcoming problems via cooperation she gets magical superpowers on top of being better at leadership being smarter than the rest of the main cast and having every season opening and climax revolve around her personal issues

mary sue has no good definition but she isn't interesting enough to warrant the time being spent on her at the expense of everything and anything else

her storyline isn't gong anywhere interesting and hasn't been for ages, it's pretty much why Starlight Glimmer exists
>>
>>27465350
Barring leadership there are characters better than her in the other two categories.
>>
>>27465350
>show has a main character
>that means they're a mary sue
>>
>>27464774
i once wrote a nice post about why but search engine on desustorage prevents me from finding it
>>
>>27465350
Leadership + Magical talent + Intelligence + Knowledge + Integrity + Life long trainment from Celestia + Friendship experiences = Wings!

Or at least that's the writers excuse.
>>
>>27465464
The search engine on Desustroarge sucks balls. You can literally type in the post word for word and it will say it couldn't find anything, but if you type in another it will find that same thread. So frustrating.
>>
>>27465503
Actually she just solved a spell.
I get the whole wings deal, but why is she not the princess of magic.
>>
>>27465643
Err why is she the princess of magic
>>
File: large.png (858KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
858KB, 1280x720px
>>27465643
>why is she not the princess of magic.
Because Friendship is magic, so by being the princess of friendship, she's the princess OVER magic! she outranks a simple princess of magic!

>>27465242
Spike's already in line to bang the new princess of dragons, he's virtually a prince already.

>>27465350
Hey, When Larson was working on the show, we got Return of harmony and The cutie mark map being about the others as well as twilight.

Its just now we have Haber... Fucking haber. and he doesn't seem to understand that the other 5 need to figure into things except as a cheer squad.

>>27465397
Pinkie is pretty much 1000 times better than twilight at the "Friendship" thing. She even riffs on twilight about her being shittier than her at it in Amending fences.

>>27465249
YOU KNOW IN YOUR HEART IT WILL HAPPEN. THEY WOULD NOT GIVE UP THE OPPORTUNITY TO SELL THOSE TOYS FOR THE MOVIE
>>
>>27465643
Technically it was because the spell she completed was Starswirl's spell, and he couldn't finish it because it required friendship magic (the most powerful form of magic) to be reversible, and Celestia said he didn't understand friendship. Which is weird, because in all the lore he's been involved with he seems to have known its importance among ponies. Maybe he just couldn't make friends himself.

Anyway, Twilight, with a competent understanding of friendship magic (because friendship = magic), was able to finish it due to her knowledge of the power of friendship, and so became the Princess of Friendship.
>>
>>27465809
Not gonna happen and it will be box office flop and Twilight Sparkle will tell off Celestia and resign as princess in the future.
>>
>>27465809
But she isn't making a lot of new friends like her friends actually are, hell Spike sees treats her student more as an actual friend and he still guided her through her first lesson.

Again, why does she hold that title?
>>
>>
>>27465814
What does that title even mean? She clearly doesn't have the best understanding of it. Fluttershy, Spike, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie have clearly shown themselves to be better at it than her.
>>
>>27465864
i'd go with shy
>>
>>27465856
Because The staff say so basically :p

She's a princess of friendship because that's what the creators and toy makers say, not because she's better than the other 5, and they'll tailor the plot to make sure it works that way.
In universe, you could take the view that she's the only one who is both capable and WANTS the job. Like, the other 5 might not want to be princesses so that's why Twilight is and they're not even if they would be better at it.

Ignore the fact that they're already more or less doing that job by Being tied to the table with chairs and thrones and all that :p

>>27465831
I do think the movie will be a big success though, Alicorn mane six jokes aside.

>They DID say "Transformation will play a key role" in the promo material for the movie!

Joking, I don't think they'll all become alicorns (though I'd actually like that really)
>>
>>27465915
If they would have made her the Princess of Magic it would have made more sense.

She has been doing a horrible job at her title the last two seasons, even during the one map mission she was waiting for she made things worse and had to be bailed out by Fluttershy.
>>
File: large.jpg (700KB, 818x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
700KB, 818x1024px
>>27465949
Princess of friendship sounds more girly for the target audience.
>>
>>27465915
But she has always acted awkward whenever someone brings up her princess status.
>>
>>27465990
Once more: the writers don't give a shit, they're here to sell toys, and "Princess of friendship" will sell more toys than princess of magic will.

Its like how freaking everything in the series is slathered with hearts for no apparent reason, like the statue of liberty in manehattan.
>>
>>27465874
Don't know what to tell you, Anon. Twilight is the protagonist, she's the one who was studies friendship, she's the one who's supposed to know it best. If you think those characters you listed understand it better, that's your opinion to have. But that's not the way the show intends it.

You could say each of those characters knows an aspect or two of friendship phenomenally better than Twilight, but Twilight, having observed many different forms and facets of friendship, has the best general understanding of its workings. You could say, since friendship = magic and Twilight is the Element of Magic, she's a magnification of all the other aspects of friendship; without her they'd still be around, but they wouldn't be effective because she brought them all closer and keeps them tied together, and shows what amazing powers true friendship is capable of.
>>
>>27466013
They could at least work with what they have and try to address it. I always assumed that she would be best of the team at making and maintaining friends, but now that was proven to be SO wrong it comes off as a massive flaw in the series.
>>
>>27466041
Could always have her Redefine what she's the princess of at the end of the season after realizing her flaws and change herself to the princess of magic instead of outright friendship.
>>
>>27464774
because she has so many personality traits, so many sides to her, that make her so interesting and lovable (or hateable)

just to name a few:
exciteable nerdy bookworm
strong, courageous, compassionate leader
neurotic OCD control freak
very insecure and dedicated pupil
curious, thirsty for knowledge researcher
easily annoyed, impatient, snarky bitch
selfless, puts her heart into helping other ponies, puts others before herself

and much more
on top of that she's a super cute, sexy, sweet, smart little pony
just my two cents
>>
>>27466077
Rarity has a shit ton of personality traits; as does rainbow dash.
>>
>>27465915
Still not going to happen, they lied. Twilight Sparkle will give up her wings to save her friends in the movie.
>>
>>27465979
Twilicorn will end in the movie.
>>
>>27466041
It would make a good episode. Would Hasbro allow an episode where she feels like she can't live up to the title she was given?
>>
File: large.jpg (288KB, 1274x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
288KB, 1274x1024px
>>27466146
>twilight will lose her wings

Are people STILL seriously saying this shit? Twilight's had wings for more than half the series by now. She's more "normal" as an alicorn than as a "unicorn" now.
>>
>>27466165
Dude. Fucking twilight's kingdom. She bitched and moaned the entire episode about not being worthy of being a princess and doing jack shit and then got all serious and like "Fuck, I totally am destined for this shit and can do it well"

They already did the princess moping as a plot in Equestria girls 1 and in twilight's kingdom.
>>
Because of her mane.
>>
>all this arguing because of a fucking title

Let's face it, her job as a princess is keeping Equestria from being destroyed, with the elements of harmony under her leadership, and she has a 100% success rate. She is by far most effective, most useful princess. Equestria would be a lifeless wasteland if she hadn't ascended.

And even if you insist into taking the "friendship" bit so seriously, remember that what saved Equestria in the S4 finale was her friendship with Discord, who supposedly should have been redeemed by Fluttershy but ended up betraying the ponies.
>>
>>27466232
>all this arguing because of a fucking title
There's the godhood too.
>>
>>27466232
>redeemed
Reformed*
>>
>>27466188
She STILL isn't worthy of her title, she blasted Tirek. Spike saves Equestria too, again where is his special title?
>>27466277
Godhood?
>>
>>27466232
Twilight was already willing to be friends with Discord before the betrayal, not as impressive as going through a life threatening gauntlet and needing to make a friend to succeed.
>>
>>27466656
Wrong. Twilight demanded Tirek to release him, "her friend", while she was forced to give away all the remaining magic in Equestria because of his actions. She considered him a friend when his betrayal was about ultimately ruin everyone's lives forever. Fluttershy couldn't look him in the face.
>>
>>27466731
How is that a greater test of friendship than the Gauntlet of Fire was for Spike?
>>
>>27466731
Twilight never really trusted Discord in the first place, and Fluttershy did look him in the face.
>>
>>27467372
Forgiving a friend's betrayal responsible for the end of Equestria and everything she holds dear AS IT WAS HAPPENING was the single greatest act of friendship and loyalty in the show, and it was the reason they were able to stop Tirek
>>
>>27467528
You are ignoring the fact that Discord concocted the whole thing.

Spike RISKED HIS LIFE to save Ember and Rarity, he was not tasked by Celestia to win the Gauntlet of Fire, he did it because it was right. He felt the fate of Equestria was just as important as saving the life of a fellow contender. He then trusted trusted Ember to become the new Dragon Lord.

His test of friendship was way more than just forgiving someone, he proved how important making friends was even against all odds.
>>
>>27467609
>You are ignoring the fact that Discord concocted the whole thing.

You're fucking retarded
>>
>>27467609
I find helping a contender, someone who could have easily kicked Spike's ass and flew away and doomed Equestria, to be far more noble, rather than holding no hard feelings after the battle had been lost.

Spike had no reason to trust his fellow competitors, but stuck to his values over everything else. Spike was HOPING the fellow competitors would share comparison, Twilight/Celestia was EXPECTING that Discord would hell them defeat Tirek.
>>
>>27467649
You forget the universe practically doesn't want Spike becoming a prince, even if he is very qualified to do it.
>>
>>27467609
>he proved how important making friends was even against all odds

Isn't that kind of what Twilight did? Maybe not "making," but considering Discord a friend against all odds?
>>
File: 14593981361860.png (30KB, 854x708px) Image search: [Google]
14593981361860.png
30KB, 854x708px
>>27466165
>Would Hasbro allow an episode where she feels like she can't live up to the title she was given?

Nope, there was one, and they shred it.
pic related
>>
>>27464774
She isnt a mary sue with the new characters about..
>>
>>27464774
Autism.

Also many are justt shills, so can be ignored.
>>
>>27465249
>It will be a disaster and a sin.
Like that's gonna make the scum fucks here who like Twilicorn suddenly abandon the show when this thread again proves they're non-principled vermin who defend that very first butcher knife that Hasbro sodomises the show with.
>>
>>27465350
>being better at leadership being smarter than the rest of the main cast
Yes, that's why in the vast majority of the times when there's trouble, she has to rely on her friends to help see things through.

You are actually watching the show rather than bitching about it without watching, right?

>>27468169
>butcher knife

Anon, it's 2016, the illusion that Princess Twilight wasn't Lauren's idea from the start was broken three years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3fFldhsJDw&t=2m55s
>>
>>27468219
>Asked all her followers on Twitter if there was a Funko Twilight toy without wings for a collection.
>She totally wanted that to happen, goy.
I have yet to see Celestia abdicate for your lie to be "proven". And that doesn't even aknowledge the current staff clearly writing her as though it never happened beyond most non-finale/opening episodes.
>>
>>27467619
Discord read the diary, and bookmarked all the pages in it. He was the one who solved the mystery of the box
>>
>>27467418
Discord will betray Twilight and be defeated in the S6 finale.
>>
>>27468244
>Lauren herself literally saying she always planned Twilight to succeed Celestia, which means she would inevitably become a princess.
>"It's totally a lie guys! She never planned it! It's all Hasbro!"

There's denial, and there's outright delusion, and you've passed well into the later.
>>
>>27468463
If you took that circumcised dick out of your throat, you'd remember that people who worked on the documentary which gave us that interview said that "succeeding" was nothing like their original plans, and that retconning to before Cadence would be the only chance to get something close.
>>
>>27468490
Yes, initial drafts grow and change over time. Good job, you've found out one of the core basics of how the TV entertainment industry works.

Unfortunately, the point which still seems to fly over your head is that the core concept of "Twilight becomes a princess" was always on the table. The how might have changed, but the core concept was always there.
>>
>>27468532
>The core concept of "Twilight becomes a princess" was always on the table.
Except for the fact that it never was on the table, dumbfuck. It's basic common sense that the company that allowed 5 Transformers crap fests, two GI Joe abominations, and a Battleships crime against humanity would be the source of this, especially when they're finger prints were showing up even before S1 aired.

And you're talk about missing points seemed to still ignore the evidence highly suggesting she doesn't view it as something she didn't want to remember.
>>
>>27468593
Not that Anon, but someone is missing the point.

Alicorn and Princess = Hasbro's doing

Princess = By definition Lauren's idea, if Twilight will replace her she is gonna be a damn princess by definition even if she doesn't turn into an alicorn.

The two are not mutually exclusive.
>>
File: duke sez.jpg (54KB, 411x600px) Image search: [Google]
duke sez.jpg
54KB, 411x600px
>>27464774
>Twilight
>Twifags
>>
>>27468863
This.

I mean fuck, she had the only unique looking element symbol from the first episode, a huge fancy tiara. If that wasn't a massive sign of FUTURE PRINCESS then I don't know what would.
>>
>>27465915
they found Scootaloo's wings in there!
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.