[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a "brony"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

I started watching pone since feb '15. During this short time (compared to many of you) I've spent on it as a hobby, I realized there's no consensus on what should sincerely be named/tagged a "brony", as there is no actual concept of it besides "fan of the 4th iteration of Hasbro's toy franchise 'My Little Pony', known as 'Friendship is Magic'". However, we know there's more to it, that definition barely talks about the core (watching the show) of the "brony movement", be it IRL or at this sewer known as 4chan.

Does simply watching the show make someone a "brony"? Or do you also have to be a die-hard fan who goes to cons, buys all the merch, has his/her bedroom filled with pony stuff (see immatoonlink) to fit the definition?

>inb4 if you browse /mlp/ you definitely are a brony

Yeah, most likely.
>>
File: 1458486650466.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1458486650466.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>Brony
>>
File: giphy.gif (595KB, 460x600px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
595KB, 460x600px
>brony
>>
File: 1456582924071.jpg (36KB, 614x521px) Image search: [Google]
1456582924071.jpg
36KB, 614x521px
>>27198441
>Brony
>>
File: 1420374292419.png (31KB, 1119x646px) Image search: [Google]
1420374292419.png
31KB, 1119x646px
>>27198441
>Brony: A fan outside the expected demographic that is a fan of My Little Pony.
its an umbrella term. IE a brony isnt necessarily a horsefucker, but a horsefucker is a brony.
>>
File: 1448123706388.jpg (96KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
1448123706388.jpg
96KB, 800x601px
>>27198441
Anyone who isn't adamantly against the show is considered a brony to any normalfag ass-sniffer. It's how humans work, we like to label things.

Oh, also:
>I started watching pone since feb '15
Newfag

>>27198468
>>27198457
Kill yourselves.
>>
I don't think it's unreasonable to say that somebody is a brony if they watch MLP:FiM and enjoy doing so. Degrees of participation or engagement to me is a completely separate topic.
>>
>>27198457
>>27198468
>implying you aren't
>>
>>27198441
>Does simply watching the show make someone a "brony"
Yes, it does
>>
>>27198441
>Go to the brony board
>ask what a brony is
Nice bait
>>
It's like being a furry. You are only one if you think you are one.
>>
>>27198499
i´m not, is a fucking tag
>>
>>27198525
exactly
>>
>>27198480
basically this
>>
>>27198525
So basically you are only one if you're not in denial
>>
>>27198525
>>27198541
No, you fucking retards. The point is how society sees you. Nobody gives a fuck if you like being called a brony or not, as far as you keep watching the show you'll fit the definition.
>>
>>27198441
A horsefucker is just a more autistic brony
A horsefucker thinks he's special
A horsefucker is a brony, but a brony is not necessarily a brony
>>
File: got.gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
got.gif
2MB, 300x168px
>>27198565
>The point is how society sees you.
i never have a problem with my parent or my friends for watching the show and all them know it,
>the society
i not care what says some fag out my circules
>>
>>27198565
But that's the issue: society won't make a difference between one extreme of the spectrum (cloppers, etc) and regular watchers with no relation to the active fandom whatsoever. This can be very damaging, of course you can be yourself and show you're just a chill guy, but the stigma that word has is why many people simply don't bring that issue into their day-to-day small talk.
>>
>>27198565
>if someone calls you a thing, you become it
OK, gay pedophile.
>>
>>27198441
Fucking newfags

You like the show right?

ur a brownie, plain and simple

What you do with that information is at your discretion. Regardless of what the fags on this website tell you, semantics can't change it.

What you should be asking is what kind of brownie are you? An autistic sperglord or a pretty cool guy. Figure it out.
>>
>>27198650
Well I've read a green only once in my life about religious Sunset. It almost ends up with her being raped by the diamond dogs if it was not anon the drug dealer who saved the day.

Yeah, it was digusting and I've never read greens or fanfics of any sort before and since then.
>>
>>27198441
A miserable pile of faggotry
>>
>>27198615
>>27198634
What problem should you have, you little faggots?
It just how things work in real world. There're concepts, and there're things that fall under these concepts. You may not like it, but it how it is.

>>27198625
Well. not only concept of brony works this way. Almost everything starting with nationality and race, and ending with education, place or year of birth will have similar negative conotations in some way. You may be a cool guy but almost no one cares enough to waste their time learning about you beyond the formal notions you fall under
There's a solution for you - just don't fucking shove the fact of you watching the show down people's throat, and no one will give a single fuck about what you do in your free time.
>>
>>27198689
If you can't take stuff like that you do not belong here

Just watch the show when it's on and pay the fandom no mind. Liking a TV show is not a life changing experience. It's just one of many labels. That label only has as much power as you give it.

Don't become like these faggots.
>>
>>27198625
It can be damaging, but so can crossing the fucking street. it's not really worth worrying about how people perceive you to any irrational point, most people honestly don't care, they don't go to bed thinking about how you like a fucking TV show, and the practical effect this would have on employment or something is fucking basically 0.
>>
>>27198441
That word isn't welcome here. This board is furfags in denial about being furfags.
>>
A brony is someone who watches the show. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't let these contrarian edgefags tell you any different. They think they're asserting their independence and sticking it to their mommies and daddies by not doing their homework, or staying out late.
>>
>>27198495
>calling someone newfag
back to lurk and shut the fuck up
>>
>>27199117
>Thinks a year isn't new
pssh nothing personnel kid
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.