[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you think created the elements?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

So what do you think created the elements?
>>
>>27167551
Zezima
>>
>>27167551
The writers.
>>
God
>>
>>27167551
Epona, the first horse god.
>>
>>27167551
Lord Faust
>>
Nature
>>
Ancient wizards
>>
Mad ayyy lmao's
>>
>>27167560
My nigga
>>
>>27167560
Slow the fuck down grandpa.
>>
>>27167560
No, it was Woox16.
>>
File: IIPTOWYDIWBEPYABGFY.jpg (78KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
IIPTOWYDIWBEPYABGFY.jpg
78KB, 716x768px
CIA
>>
>>27167551
Starswirl
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 491x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 491x414px
>>27167551
My ass
>>
>>27167551
Jesus
>>
>>27167551
Primordial forces of magic and nature, probably before there was any sentient life on the planet.
>>
The Guardian of Forever.
>>
>>27167551
a sentient powerful and ancient race that either has transcended into another realm or explored another planets. My headcanon goes much deeper than this, but at any rate i don't think it is a natural occurrence and wasn't created by a pony
>>
File: large.jpg (257KB, 566x1024px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
257KB, 566x1024px
Fausticorn.
>>
>>27167551
Lauren Faust.
>>
File: silmaril.jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
silmaril.jpg
27KB, 250x250px
>>27167551
they are obviously the silmarils that somehow split into two
>>
>>27168204
i actually like to belive that its the axact opposite like they wherent made by a god or at least no willingly. Maybe there was a cunning pony that managed to cheat the god into making them or a bold pony stole some power away from the god and it turned into them
>>
>>27167551
Applejack
>>
>>27167551
This is the cave that the founders of Equestria hid from the windigos, and the tree somehow grew out of the six ponies, and the elements of harmony and so on.
There is some connection. It is the same cave, and the elements of harmony may be the spirits of the six ponies who formed friendship in this very cave. The castle is also nearby, adding to the significance of this location. The castle was probably built close to this important location where Equestria was founded.

Not sure the exact details, but it clearly is the same cave, and the elements and six ponies clearly have a connection.
>>
>>27168773
This would make sense if the writers gave a fuck. But good headcannon nonetheless
>>
>>27168773
nice theory indeed, but have you actually checked if the cave is the same or do you just try to vaguely guess from memory if it is the same?
>>
>>27167566
This
>>
>>27169288
Only guesses, but it doesn't matter that much, because we only saw a play, it wasn't the actual events that were shown in the episode.
Actually, my biggest problem with this theory is this thing, it requires an old story, retold in a play, to be literally true. I don't think the writers concern themselves with unreliable narration, they could actually do this, but I don't feel it's realistic enough.
I still like the idea though, and can kinda get it to work.
>>
>>27167551
Don't know, and don't care. Some things are better left mysterious.

If only the writers thought so, too, because they can't into lore for shit.
>>
>>27167551
Ex machina, the goddess of plot convenience
>>
>>27168773
I always believed it was the 6 founders of Equestria that created the Elements, since that's when friendship was realized for the first time ever amongst the ponies.
>>
i always liked to believe they rose from the concept of themselves. they exist because the fundamental rules of reality need them to exist. they bend and reshape based on current needs, but the idea of harmony is what willed them into existence since pony consciousness grasped that concept.
>>
>>27167551
I have this weird headcanon about Equestria being a pocket universe used to imprison a great evil. The tree acts as a seal, and the universe is set up so that positive emotions equal magical power, empowering the tree and maintaining the prison.
But the imprisoned evil has corrupted the prison from the inside, making it so the same is true for negative emotions, weaking its bonds. Hence Discord, Luna's corruption, Windigos and other baddies. The tree then spawned the elements as a countermeasure.

Hell, I'm just making this shit up but it's the kind of exposition I'd like the show to actually build towards.Dungeons and dragons style worldbuilding and shit.
>>
>>27169514
that sounds pretty cool actually.

you could think that the elements originate from outside their reality as an "in case of emergency" last defense. would explain why they just override or plain erase everything they're used on, because they're not bound by the laws of the world
>>
>>27169514
It really is too bad that this is a little girls show. The main concept of the universe being frienship/love/discod/hate = MAGIC is such a ripe playground for going full Lovecraft.
>>
>>27169657
to be fair, it's a pretty common concept in more mature-themed fiction too. especially in anime
>>
>>27168773
Expanding on the idea that the founders created powerful magical artifacts, I've always believed that the crystal heart was the Fire of Friendship preserved in crystal form.
Heart shape, wards off hatred, protects from the frozen storms of the north (Wendigos)
>>
>>27167551
crystal pony's cum
>>
>>27167551

A godlike being known as harmony created the world, while being in eternal conflict with discord. Eventually discord starts to win but the being splits itself into its basic components, whereupon Celestia and Luna find them and use them to blast discord into stasis.

My autism knows no bounds but I think it'd make a cool sort of world building.
>>
>>27168773
>>27169495
>>27170339
DEEPEST LORE
E R
E O
P L
E
S T
T S
E
L P
O E
R E
EROL TSEPEED
>>
>>27167551

They were left behind by the last humans, in the hopes that their successors wouldn't repeat their mistakes.
>>
>>27168773
I have had this headcannon for a while too... well, except the cave being relevant.
>>
>>27167551
Amalthea, duh.
>>
>>27168773
That's actually brilliant.
>>
>G1 era Dream Valley
>Megan's grown too old for her adventures, chooses to settle down with a family
>tucks the little heart necklace which the Rainbow of Light was kept in in a beautiful crystal cave, for safe keeping
>Years pass after it's needed no more and forgotten; the Rainbow bleeds into the soil - and manifests through a simple tree seed into the Tree of Harmony
>Ages more continue to pass; and (for whatever reason) the human world splits further away from Dream Valley into it's own separate world (seemingly outside of time itself), and Ponyland evolves drastically into what'll eventually become modern Equestria
>remnants of Tirac's reality-distorting Rainbow of Darkness also manifest in it's own realm, and gradually evolves into the eternally bleak netherworld of Tartarus - linked closely to Equestria in tangent with the Tree of Harmony (which would essentially be Yggsdrasil, tying the Ponyverse together)
>>
>>27168773
>and the elements of harmony may be the spirits of the six ponies who formed friendship in this very cave
>the six ponies who formed friendship in this very cave
Lewd
>>
>>27167551
No one. The elements created the tree.

More likely, ponies did. It seems to be meant for ponies to work (granted the only non-pony we saw try to use it was Spike, but it worked better on the ponies who didn't have their elements than it did for him). Probably alicorns, since Luna and Celestia were apparently searching for the tree.

Or maybe it's a more godlike entity, in which case I'm going to guess that it's the same one that makes cutie marks and has a rather active hand in pony affairs, for whatever reason.

They're the chosen people, fuck the zebras and dragons.
>>
>>27167551
John Cena.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.