[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you think it is common to hate a character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 22

File: dashie.gif (419KB, 362x345px) Image search: [Google]
dashie.gif
419KB, 362x345px
Why do you think it is common to hate a character?
>>
I don't know, but this gif is an example of why I love her. Fuckin, just walk down the slope. Wjy steps.
>>
>>27154533
Having an enemy allows you to have false friends, like allies against a single unified enemy.
>>
>>27154548
That's real fucking cute

Hnng
>>
>>27154533
Well if there's a lot of people who hate a character, than it's quite reasonable to say it's because they're a shitty character.
>>
>>27154591
Plenty of people love every new flavor-of-the-month waifu, though. Even Rara had everyone fawning over her, and she was fucking stupid. It's clearly not that simple.
>>
>>27154533
Some characters and real people in shows, films, groups, etc. either just rub people the wrong the way and they think "X would be so much better without them in it" or if a characters really popular and you're the type of person that gets annoyed by that, you instinctively dislike them in response
>>
File: image.png (252KB, 561x649px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
252KB, 561x649px
I only hate ponka and RD when I watch an episode. both obnoxious. RD is the kind of retard that loudly talks over people not even following the conversation, just having her own, that might as well be with a tree. ponka is an attention whore whoo look at me why isn't everyone paying attention to me all the time

when they are not fresh in my memory it's easy to project all the good traits onto them and none of the bad

also flutters. she is so unbearably useless and whiny
>>
>>27154624
But the characters are designed to be literally appealing. Each one in their own way
>>
File: image.png (462KB, 680x566px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
462KB, 680x566px
>>27154624
forgot to add applejack. can't really blame me though really since she is so forgettable

boy howdy by golly yee haw what in tarnation. nobody else in town besides your family talks like hicks

so either you've just arrived recently or you're weirdos who purposely maintain an accent to set yourself apart from the rest of society. you know who does this irl? niggers
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 794x808px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 794x808px
I dunno. I never really hated any of the characters, the only thing that ever irked me on the show was just how much of a special snowflake they made Twilight and how far out of their way they went to make her never be wrong about shit, but that wasn't really her fault as a character.
>>
File: st.gif (844KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
st.gif
844KB, 500x281px
>>27154720
So there's six main characters and you hate 4 of them. Everyone except Princess Mary Sue and dress pony.
>>
>>27154624
>flutters. she is so unbearably useless and whiny
In what recent episode? She's become more dry witted and snarky in the more recent episodes, this is season 1,2, and a bit of season 3 Fluttershy you are talking about.
>>
File: image.png (148KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
148KB, 500x700px
>>27154796
and I would hate rara if I had to deal with her irl, but in the show she is pretty good comic relief with her worst-possible-thing prima donna mannerisms. she's a caricature of herself, but she's aware of it. and that makes it ok. good example is her ice-cream eating and crying scene. she breaks the 4th wall more artfully than ponka
>>
File: rarity_p.png (462KB, 1024x1292px) Image search: [Google]
rarity_p.png
462KB, 1024x1292px
>>27154872
I want to be mounted by dress pony
>>
File: 1456881277508.jpg (24KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
1456881277508.jpg
24KB, 224x216px
>>27154624
>>27154720
I found an answer for you OP. Some people are just wretched misanthropic jackasses who hate everything. Like the anon I'm replying to, for example.
>>
File: sarcastic clapping.gif (644KB, 304x367px) Image search: [Google]
sarcastic clapping.gif
644KB, 304x367px
>>27154982
I literally see no reason to hate any character on the show. Everyone just have their own appealing
>>
>>27155009
Precisely the sentiment I was trying to get across anon. Every pony is likeable in their own way.
>>
>>27154533
All right I'll drop my two cent on why I hate some of the mane6

Reset- I'm Flutters has had no character development since season 1. Why is it that all her episodes are stop being afraid of everything, just to have the ending message be "I'm sorry, I'll stop being afraid of everything." Reset and she's back to being afraid of everything the next episode. Or Flutters you need to stand up for yourself, just for the ending message to be "I'm sorry, I'll try to stand up for myself more." Reset and she back to being a doormat again. The only thing they have done with in 6 years is make her a bat, and even that isn't permanent.

Dashshit is the most obnoxious character on the whole show. When ever she opens her mouth it's to brag about something she did, and usually it isn't something impressive to begin with. Oohh you made a loop in midair, so what. And say what you will about the mane6 not following their elements, I'd rather have Rara not give me anything because she wanted it, or AJ telling me a lie, over Dashshit pushing me off a cliff, just so she can say she number 1
>>
>>27155295
fantastic blog
>>
>>27155311
you're welcome
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 231x260px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 231x260px
>>27155311
>someone answers the OP question
>accuse them of blogging
>>
>>27155327
that's not OP's question at all
>>
>>27155295
>Why is it that all her episodes are stop being afraid of everything, just to have the ending message be "I'm sorry, I'll stop being afraid of everything." Reset and she's back to being afraid of everything the next episode.

How the hell can people seriously believe this shit? It's utter nonsense. She never "learned to stop being shy". It's a core personality trait. She just has slice-of-life episodes about coping with that flaw where she also learns something little that doesn't come even close to "I'm not shy anymore!". She's had development, but it was never said or even implied that she's supposed to be a confident extrovert at the end of it all. I seriously don't get where you people are getting this argument. Even if it had any merit at all, a character changing significantly, losing what makes them them-self, over a few rough afternoons in slice-of-life style would not be good story-telling.

Fluttershy isn't even in my top 5 favorite characters, but people make this point against her far too often with nobody calling it out on being bullshit.
>>
File: mlp lol 195.jpg (95KB, 746x960px) Image search: [Google]
mlp lol 195.jpg
95KB, 746x960px
>>27155350

flutterflustered, friend?
>>
>>27155350
Being shy and being a doormat who is afraid of everything is two different thing sirfam. You can be shy and not be scared of your own shadow (like she still is) or doing everything every one tells you to do (like she still does). I'm not asking her to be Pinkie, all I'm says is she says no, it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone that she did, or to be afraid of anything that isn't an animal, when one of her best friends can make clouds explode into gumdrop buttons
>>
>>27155327
did you read the question?
>>
>>27154533
Not sure. I mean, there are characters that are poorly used and don't have any endearing traits, but the vast majority of MLP's cast doesn't fall into that category.
>>
>>27155430
If you're talking about any character who's had at least one full episode about them, you're wrong.
>>
Why people are misunderstanding the question? Hating a character is not the same as not liking her/his development
>>
>>27155614
because hating/ liking a character's development is part of the character, it's why people love to hate well written villains, or why people hate bland generic over powered MCs. To judge a character based on looks and how they sound isn't a valid reason to hate or like them at all
>>
File: 1417886390696.jpg (4KB, 142x150px) Image search: [Google]
1417886390696.jpg
4KB, 142x150px
>>27154533
WHY ISN'T SHE USING THE STAIRS? THEY'RE RIGHT FUCKING NEXT TO HER!
>>
>>27154872
so... youre a twifag that hates the rest of the m6?
This is a pattern im seeing an awful lot. alot of flutterfags and ajfags get along. dash and rarafags are friendlier with eachother than you might think and no one bothers flutterfags.

But you twifags... what gives? why does liking twilight turn you all into such cunts?
>>
>>27155790
>no one bothers flutterfags
You're kidding. I feel sorry for those guys sometimes. When it comes to people trying to hurt other waifufags, they get it the worst.
>>
File: worried purple.png (623KB, 1040x1050px) Image search: [Google]
worried purple.png
623KB, 1040x1050px
>>27155790
I'm a twifag and i love every mane 6 to bits
>>
>>27155295
You're not fit for this show.
>>
>>27155790
Because she's the main character who's more often than not the one in the right so they feel above the rest.

Them and applefags.
>>
File: image.png (38KB, 212x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38KB, 212x200px
>>27155840
>winged twilight
>twifag

pick one and only one
>>
>>27155873
That's ridiculous, she's one of the characters who fucks up the most in the show

>>27155887
Autist
>>
>>27155894
Lmao WHAT? She hasn't fucked up in a very very long time.
>>
>>27155860
And why not exactly?
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 204x145px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 204x145px
>>27155873
>only one in the right
This is the thing that pisses me off the most I will never not be mad about the moral of Lesson Zero being "Don't ignore Twilight when she's being an autistic spaz" instead of "Hey Twilight stop being an autistic spaz".
>>
>>27155904
You fail to realize it is a show, and don't get that the ponies has to derail from their element because their purpose is to teach stuff. Same for Shy.
You also seems to take both rd and flutters stuff way to seriously for your own good. And of course loops seems amazing in a world where the Blue angels are like the biggest stars after the princess.

TLDR: Calm down autist.
>>
>>27155781
Because she is the worst pony
>>
>>27155887
Twifag != faustard
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 632x704px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 632x704px
>>27155894
>>27155930

heretics
>>
>>27155924
I know it's a show and I know the whole make the character a retard to make a lesson is a common thing about this show. Still doesn't mean I can't criticize it for doing it, and no I'm not taking things seriously
>>
>>27154601
>flavor-of-the-month
>Rarit-
...wait a minute
>>
>>27154814
She either act like a naive or scared fool or as snarky bitch.
>>
>>27154624
There is no good character with out faults. Am I right? If they were pure they would be a mary sue and if they were all faults they would then be an anti-sue.

In order to be realistic a character must have dimensions and depth. This means that we love them and hate them for all their flaws.
>>
File: 1447630934294.jpg (73KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
1447630934294.jpg
73KB, 500x435px
>>
>>27154533
its human nature to divide up lines even when there are almost no fucking differences at all and kill eachother over the slightest provocation anyone whos not on your side of the line. this is because we grew up evolutionarily in a competing environment with multiple tribes, and the ability to identify and categorize outsiders while crippling for modern society was a great way to make sure you didn't get your shit stomped by other tribes.
>>
People hate Dash because she is Sonic the Hedgehog as a female horse. The oh so rad rock n roll ever winking self obsessed attitude that won us over as a kid is just annoying as an adult
>>
File: twi_apprehensive.png (405KB, 672x672px) Image search: [Google]
twi_apprehensive.png
405KB, 672x672px
>>27154624
I want to boop twilight on the nose and watch her get annoyed because she thinks I don't take her serious enough, then I'll boop her again and tell her i wouldn't do it if I didn't love her.
>>
>>27154533
Because this board is overrun with autistic twifags who don't understand the concept of a main character NOT being a Mary-sue.
>>
File: no.png (218KB, 427x655px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
218KB, 427x655px
>>27156796
Oh fuck off, if you think twilight is anywhere near Mary sue then go watch any fucking anime or even the actual fucking movie Twilight with the gay ass vampires.

Your waifu a shit faggot.
>>
Depends exactly what that hate is.

Do you hate a character for the things they do, how they are, how they treat other characters? If that character is meant to be nasty, like say Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter, she's a very well designed character that invokes a lot of hatred.

But then on the other hand, there's just plain shittly written, shitty acted and all round shit characters that are irritating, confusing and don't really fit in well with the story or come across as intended.

Do you hate the character for being poorly made, or do you hate them for the fictional person they are? It's the difference between a good and bad written character.
>>
>>27154533
Obsession of a kid's cartoon + Lack of empathy

aka being on 4chan.
>>
>>27155829
>Flutterfags get the most hate
>not Dashfags

Well that's just not true. There are like 10 TOP CUNT AMIRIGHT XDDDDD threads a day. I barely see flutter hate threads once a month.
>>
>>27155790
I think it's because Twifags are the overwhelming majority, so they consequentially have the largest share of mane 6 hating retards. There are other mane 6 haters. For example, NRDT, and this one anon I've encountered twice who can only be described as a 'waifu hipster,' and hates the mane 6 because they're popular.
>>
>>27157401
Monday was a fucking disaster.
>>
>>27154533

Because silly, childish, un-evolved, spoiled brat Anons have the same reaction as toddlers who are told "no".

"WWAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! I WANT TO GET EVERYTHING THAT I WANT!!" (falls on floor, kicking and screaming)

Some people never grow out of it.
>>
>>27154533
Because we're an web community. And web THRIVES on hate, for the simple reason that it's easier and more reassuring to stick to ideas than to challenge them
>>
>>27157504
>an
...and this is what happens when you change "internet community" into "web community" without double checking the statement. Yay me.
>>
>>27157504

Anger is the easiest emotion.

"REEEEEE!" and all that.
>>
>>27155909
I don't think you and I watched the same episode.
>>
File: Filly_Fiddler.png (484KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Filly_Fiddler.png
484KB, 1280x720px
>>27157595
Not him but that is exactly what happens. Twilight fucks up the town, Celestia wants to talk with her and then the rest of the mane 6 barge in and apologize for treating Twilight's stupid, trivial problem like a stupid trivial problem.
>>
>>27158128
this may come as a surprise to an autistic friendless grownup like you and twilight but when you actually have a real friend who you care about, you are supposed to treat their trivial problems with more concern because human beings require that kind of support and opportunity to vent. Not doing that and just ignoring your friend like "fuck you and your problems" means you aren't friends, you just hang out out of convenience. You aren't there when it would be annoying for you even when your friend is acting stupid. You have to care about your friends even when they are at their worst or you're just acting.
>>
>>27158197
Christ, calm down there. You've obviously never had a friend who gets the sweats (or you are the one that does) but when approached with a "problem" that is nothing more than neurosis and paranoia, you don't condone that shit and feed into it, you can (as the mane 6 did) be supportive in telling her it's not a big deal and to calm down bc you're making an issue of nothing, but when that doesn't work don't fly off the handles like "OMG ITS A HUGE PROBLEM, YOU'RE RIGHT" that's not only unhelpful but damaging and stupid
>>
>>27157401
That's not what I meant. While Dashfags get a lot of playful banter in threads made for such things, I've seen Flutterfags attacked in threads that have nothing to do with hating her, with people insisting that she's in love with Discord and that they're fucking and all that. That's much more of a low-blow than "top cunt", y'know?
>>
Twilight with a futa dick raping all of the mane6

that is all I have to say. fuck you
>>
>>27158807
u-unf
>>
File: 1446491068710.gif (218KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446491068710.gif
218KB, 480x480px
>>27158807
Nice shitpost
>>
>>27156455
You're replying to an obvious Twifag. They don't know the meaning of "realistic" or "faulty" character.
>>
>>27158718
That's just shipperfag autism. While there are a few of them who legitimately ship those two, many do that just to piss off anti-shippers. You see it happen with others like Starlight+Sunburst/Spike too.
>>
>>27156845
I prefer to hate a character because of the first reason you mention.
The second one it's just plain retarded
>>
>>27158871
This
>>
>>27158197
Nah see that might be valid if Twilight didn't have a history of being an autistic spaz for no fucking reason but that's not the case, her friends were acting like any normal person would've in that situation. Twilight doesn't deserve to have people bend over backwards to deal with her every little petty hangup.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.