[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking Sony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

File: keep-calm-and-fuck-sony-2.png (37KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-fuck-sony-2.png
37KB, 600x700px
Sony is at it again /mlp/. They'very begun to raid every pony remix, song, etc. On YouTube and stick them with copyright claims. I'm suggesting we do the same to their videos.
>>
>>27138838
Here's what we do we all make videos with a pony with a PlayStation cutie mark
Talk about hitler ext
When they try to attack
We spread around the web saying they are trying to take people's ocs
Spam Twitter spam youtube
Spam Facebook until they stop
Sorry if this sounds autistic
>>
File: thumb.jpg (17KB, 224x250px) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
17KB, 224x250px
Sounds like a hassle.
How about you do it.
>>
>>27138871
Sonyggers pls

I'll do it because of this faggot. This is for my game-free PS4. you fucks!
>>
Dude, Sony is so stupid and completely no idea at all what happen next that why company fuckup all the time.
let it be.
>>
>>27138838
Pony remixes. I just can't get motivated enough to do anything to save them. I wonder why?
>>
>>27138838
False flagging gets you suspended though, right?
>>
>>27138967
New accounts are free.
>>
>>27138936
Yeah, but its's not just that. Any video that has any sort of music or lyrics from the show (including the theme song) seem to be getting slapped with claims.

All of this just because Sony Music Group worked on Friendship Games (and also the Christmas cd I think). Gotta admit that's Bullshit, right?
>>
Why would Sony be taking down Hasbro properties?
>>
>>27139882
see
>>27139865
>>
>>27139865
Inform Hasbro. I think Sony is outstaying its welcome.

Face it, we can't do shit against a company that will ignore complaints. We tell Hasbro that they're screwing shit up on Hasbro's behalf and they could be in trouble.
>>
Hey OP, can we have some examples of this? I'd recommend telling Equestria Daily if they're not already aware. Mods here might ban this thread under "raid"
>>
>>27138884
Tmw you dont own ratchet and clank, bloodborne and the nathan drak collection, the last of us remustered, infamus 2nd son etc and still bitch about no games
>>
>>27139955
yeah but all of those are terrible
>>
>>27139918

Sony is currently Copyright claiming pony remixes and general songs on Youtube. Information here.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/04/sony-rampaging-through-youtube-with.html

There's the Eqd post about it. I guess they even took down a video of one of the past panel events because Bronys sing the theme at one point. A bit ridiculous.
>>
Even if you don't care about pony music, you should take this seriously. A company like Sony copyrighting pony stuff will severely impact the fandom.
>>
The Japs are at it again.
>>
They aren't doing it manually, they just entered whatever songs they collaborated with hasbro and entered into the automated content id filter which can't determine fair use or whats a remix and just auto claims if detection is matched.
>>
>>27140037
That's negligence. It's entirely their fault because of that.
>>
>>27140054
Not really, they and hasbro own the songs and can do whatever. If they want to blanket monetize the songs for themselves then by law they can, remixes/covers are not original works and all the copyight belongs to the owner.
>>
>>27140075
You do realize fair use isn't fair use until a court actually determines it to be fair use? Everyone keeps claiming everything is fair use when 98% of the time it's not.
>>
>>27140064
>remixes/covers are not original works
Nigga do you know how it works?
>>
>>27140083
Yes, yes i do. It's why unless you have permission from creator (or they have a creative commons 0) you can't upload a remix and/or cover.
>>
>>27140083
Dude, don't reply it's what he wants.
>>
>>27140099
What, speak sense about actual copyright? I'm sorry real copyright laws don't comply with your little brony feelings.
>>
>>27140112
If the work is transformative in nature, it falls under fair use. Remixes are covered by this.

And even if they aren't, a bunch of people getting together to fucking sing the theme song certainly does.
>>
>>27140126
It's not transformation, that's a derivative work and is completely different thing. Yes, a bunch of people standing in public singing a popular song without a license is technically a breach of copyright, just that usually no one gives a fuck. But law wise it's on the side of the owner.

Remixes ARE NOT FAIR USE.

Fair use doesn't give carte blanche to do whatever you want with a song. Remixers and cover artists are still supposed to obtain a license--whether negotiated or mechanical--with the copyright owner. Hasbro, and most companies, are gracious enough to not usually bother with "fan" remixes for the obvious PR and monetary reasons.

Legally, though, both Hasbro and Sony are well within their rights to block or monetize it.

It sucks, but that is the current law.
>>
Good. Hope it will end you, you horsefucking shits.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 192x262px
>>27140401
If you hate /mlp/, why are you here? It is like going to a swimming pool when you hate getting wet.
>>
And so it ends. Wew lads.
>>
>>27138838
>Sony
It's Hasbro who owns MLP, retard.
>>
>>27141375
sony recently acquired rights to MLP music due to their collaboration in Friendship Games
>>
>>27138838
I thought this said Keep Calm and Fuck Pony
>>
>>27141445
>sony recently acquired rights to MLP music due to their collaboration in Friendship Games

Why would Hasbro do such a thing?
>>
File: 1234123413241234132.gif (273KB, 396x607px) Image search: [Google]
1234123413241234132.gif
273KB, 396x607px
>>27138838
>Caring about fan content
Absolutely nothing of value was lost
>>
>>27141689
I am tired of this board's worldview.
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 271x186px
>>27141689

I do enjoy the fan content, but I have my favorite songs and videos backed up.
I was actually more annoyed by the loss of some convention videos, since I didn't think to save those.
>>
File: 1458786809263.gif (147KB, 633x457px) Image search: [Google]
1458786809263.gif
147KB, 633x457px
I don't understand how companies still think this anti-consumer and anti-fan content behavior will do anything but create a backlash and alienate their fans.
>>
Why is Sony going full retard in the last 4 years? Movie failures, one after another, scripts leaking, executives showing zero understanding of their audience, and them they keep trying the same failed shit again as if it'll work this time.
>>
>>27139962
You obviously haven't played Bloodborne fampai
>>
File: 1426391041180.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1426391041180.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>>27138838

>still using youtube

when do you realized that its been like this for awhile?
>>
>>27141445
Okay then.

Don't demand something be done against Sony now when you did absolutely nothing against Hasbro every single time they pulled and pull similar shit.
>>
>>27141875
Hasbro routinely takes down video+audio of their stuff, but they only monetize when it's just video or just audio they detect. Sony does take-downs on just audio matches, and it's hitting way more than simple uploads of the music. Hitting remixes and convention videos and even people singing? That's just ridiculous.
>>
>>27138838
>Sony removing pony music
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>27138838

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zVqFAMOtwaI
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>27141768

Because money. They are the producer, you are the consumer. You're supposed to just shut up and give them your money.
>>
File: image.gif (965KB, 425x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
965KB, 425x320px
>>27138838

But I thought Remixing is Okay?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=CvvhDngERXo
>>
>>27142052

Sadly, it is something a corporation like Sony won't care about until they see a profit decline because of it. (The same can be said of most corporations of course.)

I wouldn't even mind if the were just trying to claim a share of profits from videos that used the actual songs, but when even parodies and panels are being hit with this blanket infringement claim.. well, it just seems like a greedy, dick move to me.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.