[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fuck did I just watch. It started out so promising

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: FANMADE_Double_Rainboom.jpg (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
FANMADE_Double_Rainboom.jpg
103KB, 500x500px
The fuck did I just watch.
It started out so promising
>>
We all thought it was promising as fuck in the hype leading up to it.
>>
>>27060621
Lot's of ppl disliked it, but I thought it was good.
>>
>>27060621
One thing I can't really fault was the director apart from the scene of twilight teleporting into the forest lingering on the empty forest to long it was all pretty good.
>>
>>27060621

It was like Equestria Girls. Good until they crossed the portal
>>
>>27060761
I would say the worst part was by far the aperture science weighted companion cube.
>>
>>27060761
Really? Because the director was also the writer and between those two aspects, you have everything that was wrong with this short. The animation and voice acting was good and the music outside of that awful theme song was decent.
>>
>>27060783
OK then I guess it was the directing that was good not the director
>>
Ah I remember this clusterfuck. It was a long time ago and had such bad PR issues that another animation was voted by fans as being the best mlp animation video that month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do6RDSwaWek
>>
>>27060621
Let's see how many shitty memes and references we can cram into 22 minutes: the animation
>>
It's no Dusk's Dawn
>>
>>27060621
it literally started on shitting meme into our eyes in the first minute or so. How is that "promising" unless you meant the tagline "first-ever fan-made episode" because yeah, that would be indeed promising...if it were an actual episode
>>
>>27060847
At least there's that.
Also i never understood why the fanbase gave Snowdrop a free pass when it the laziest, lamest, most boring asinine garbage I've seen. The voice actress especially seemed bored while reading her lines.
>>
>>27060882
Because it's the most basic of emotional manipulation, and people eat that stuff up.
>>
>>27060880
It was more the production quality that got me hopeful at the start.
I'm still not sure what that face in the smoke was meant to be.
>>
>>27060893
Troll face
>>
>>27060621
I really thought this was going to be a Twilight + Rainbow Dash episode where they go around ponyville trying to find the monster they released from the potion.
I never ever saw it coming. The creator never said anything about the potion giving them super powers. He said a monster would come out of the potion, would terrorize Ponyville, grow stronger and run into a place we've never seen before(arctic north?) I didn't think he meant the city of townsville.

It was sad because the asshole seemed well read, educated and wouldn't drop to retard internet humour through dumb jokes and pointless crossovers.
>>
>>27060902
ok fuck I was wrong the aperture science weighted companion cube was not the worst part that was.
>>
>>27060891
But how can they eat it up when it's especially so basic? I really hate this generation. Stubborn, lazy and hellbent on not doing anything with their lifes, but if you pet their heads, give them candy and then politely ask them to walk barefoot into hell then they'll do it. Dumb immoral, easy to manipulate weirdo manchildren.
>>
>>27060903
It's the fanmade equivalent to those don't smoke ads.
>What do these stupid young adults like?
>Oh, memes! Why bother with actual writing when you can shit out memes? They'll love it!
>>
>>27060621
Honestly it was no worse than Slice of Life and Lesson Zero.
>>
>>27060931
If we take out the PPG crossover then yeah it really is no better than those 2.
>>
>>27060621
I watched about the first three minutes before the shitty animation, exposition and voice acting cringed me out.

>"bwoah, hey twilite, wud kinda egheed stuf u doin lololololol xd"
>"omgg dash its nawt eghed stuf, it's siens >:(((("
*spodes*
>"haha that was awsum lol ur redartid twilte xddd"
>>
>>27060931
Maybe in the first half.
And slice of life at least had amethyst star to give a nice juicy future plot and Kevin.
>>
>>27060917
It's really easy. I don't know why.
Just look at the anonfilly general.

That whole general used to revolve around stories where the whole idea was 'let's see how bad we can make life for this one filly.'

Just lazy emotion bait.
>>
File: GoblinsGroup1920x1080.jpg (425KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GoblinsGroup1920x1080.jpg
425KB, 1920x1080px
>>27060947
There SAD
>>
>>27060882
>>27060847
>>27060621

The reason Snowdrop didn't get so much shit is because it didn't pretend to be better than it was. It was just there, and it was okay. It didn't pander like hell with memes or cameos. It was content to just tell a story, and if you didn't like it, that's okay.

Double Rainboom was all in your face about itself. You could practically hear the lead writer going DID YOU GET THAT REFERENCE LOL all throughout the thing. Sure, it had great animation, but animation alone doesn't a good video make. People primarily watch these things for the story. The script writer is by and far the most important person when making these things. Animation is just the cherry on the cake. Take Rainbow Dash Presents, for instance. It has barely any animation at all, but people love it because the scripts and stories are fun. Scripts decide whether a fan episode is bad or good. Animation and all the other bells and whistles can only make something that is already good in something that is amazing. It cannot make something bad better.

Dusk's Dawn was so bad that it actually became hilarious. It's the Birdemic of pony videos. Like that one episode where the CMC sing a song on stage, and it's such a failure that it becomes a success because people thought it was comedy. I would say that makes Dusk's Dawn better than Double Rainboom, because you can at least have a laugh at how bad it is.
>>
>>27060621
Derpys scene was about 3 times longer then it needed to be
>>
>>27060931
>Lesson Zero
>bad

You know, if posts like >>27060735, >>27060761, >>27060762, and >>27060893 hadn't already convinced me that this board was infested by underage retards, your post would have been able to do it all on its own.
>>
>>27060986
Lesson 0 was great but your still massively buthurt
>>
>>27060621
They had no foresight to make a decent episode so they banked on people liking it for memes
>>
>>27060986
Congrats, you're just as bad. Season 2 was just as crap as season 4. Taking concept after concept and trashing it good, kinda like Double Rainboom did.
>>
>>27061005
I feel like season 4 concepts were just inherently shit.
That may just be daring don't throing off my judgment though.
>>
>>27061029
Seaaon 4's premiere about nightmare moon could have been good. Same for the episode about the sisters royal castle in the everfree.
>>
The problem with Double Rainboom is that it didn't go full retard.
>>
>>27061233
More like it took to long to go full retard
>>
>>27061259
Nonono, it NEVER went full retard.
Even the Powerpuff Girls crossover made sense as a tribute to Faust, if it had been something completely random it would have lost the pretense of being anything other than the creator's wish fulfillment.
>>
>>27060621
I can't believe I really thought this was gonna be like an episode of the show, made by fans. Just memes and wish-fulfillment. I even like the Powerpuff Girls but this was cringy.
>>
>>27061273
>faustwubbing this hard

They never bothered to even hint at crossover shit in any of the previews or foreshadowed it at all in the thing itself.

It's just a whiplash with some random warning and LOOK POWERPUFF GIRLS ARE WE COOL YET? It was just filler of the worst sort since the actual Double Rainboom already happened and Flamingo needed to pad it out to fufill his college's 30 min requirement.
>>
>>27061644
I am not, I am just saying the PPG crossover was done because Faust worked on both shows, which had it make more sense than a crossover that was completely arbitrary.
>>
>>27060621
Well its been eons since I saw it but ill watch it again.

But what would be /mlp/ ideal Fan made episode/movie

ill be here waiting writing down your ideas for possible future use.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.